Zendesk Support Suite Reviews & Product Details

Zendesk Support Suite Overview

What is Zendesk Support Suite?

It can be complicated to provide support across channels — but your customers don’t need to know that. The Support Suite allows your business to have natural conversations with your customers, without letting them feel what’s going on behind the scenes. It’s sophisticated enough to meet complex needs, and simple enough to let you get up and running immediately. The Support Suite lets you have conversations with customers on any channel (email, chat, voice, and even social messaging apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat and more), while keeping all the interactions and relevant context in one place for your agents. It’s a unified agent workspace — helping your teams provide a faster, more personal experience to your customers. Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds support, sales, and customer engagement software designed to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to startups, we believe that powerful, innovative customer experiences should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. Zendesk serves more than 160,000 customers across a multitude of industries in over 30 languages. Zendesk is headquartered in San Francisco, and operates offices worldwide. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.

Zendesk Support Suite Details
Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Estonian, Persian, Finnish, French, Irish, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Provide customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Zendesk’s frictionless omnichannel agent workspace increases agent productivity and improves the overall CX. The Support Suite removes the need to purchase and integrate various third party tools, resulting in lower total cost of ownership, less complexity, and faster time to value.

Zendesk

Zendesk Support Suite Screenshots

Zendesk Support Suite Reviews

Showing 2,275 Zendesk Support Suite reviews
Showing 2,275 reviews
Already have Zendesk Support Suite?
What do you like best?

Extremely thorough system with some incredible functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The set up / administration is a beast, and often you will need to contact support for help. I've contacted them a couple times with minor questions, but responses take forever. We sent in a question on Dec 4, reach out twice after that and didn't get a response until Dec 16. It is now Jan 12 and the question is still unresolved because each time u send a message it can take 3-5 days to get a sentence response. We wanted to launch jan 18, so we figured reaching out about the issue on Dec 4, would give us enough time...guess not.

This isn't the only case where the slow response time has become frustrating. If you need to administer or set something up, expect that you will need lots of time to get answers from support. Planning and sticking to an original timeline will surely be impossible if you need to talk to support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are switching off of intercom to a new, more complex, and more robust ticketing system. We are seeing much greater reporting functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Processes
What do you like best?

Zendesk is a very easy going tool.

You can set it up very fast and this could be really critical for a fast-growing company.

Also, there are a lot of resources where you can read tips and tricks. The community is big, and very likely you will find the answer you are looking for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even if the tool is not expensive, it can get out of control if your company grows very fast.

You will easily need to increase the package to cover all the needs.

Also, even if I recommend using Zendesk talk (to have it all in one), the phone cost could be really high for some region.

Integrations with social media are not the best

Chat bot is not good enought Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Provide customer service via different channels: phone, email, chat, social media

- Measure data: most common issues, tickets, etc

Benefits:

All in one platform for all the channels.

If you know what you want to measure you can easily set it up and start getting data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to attach all types of content from photos and files and special attachment formats. The ability to have so many types of attachments helps our customers more completely describe or represent their issues.

The ability to have internal conversations regarding the customer issues prior to releasing an external answer or question response is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times when I needed to speak to a human and the automations were so rigid that I was not able to get through to an actual person to review an issue with my account.

Multiple email notifications if an agent accidentally includes inside team members on the carbon copy feature, and the follow feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are an engineering consulting and specialized robotic automation solutions provider. We have complex systems that are not easy to diagnose or resolve with only one agent touch.

We use Zendesk to answer operational problems, communicate documentation and quotes for parts and services.

We use ZD to allow multiple subject matter experts to respond not only externally to the customer as needed, but to have internal conversations to align our communication prior to the external communication happening.

We have been able to keep our response time very low, and keep our customers aware of our next actions and deliverables schedule with the whole CS team aware of the status of activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Scalable solution - we used Zendesk from when our inbox was too much to keep up with and it supported SalesLoft's Support team until around $90m ARR. Really easy KCS and answerbot/ticket reduction systems in place that are worth every dollar. Zendesk tickets also puts a lot of thought into the agent experience and what can be done to help agents have a better day - play button, tickets auto updating while you are actively editing them, keyboard shortcuts, personal/group macros, etc. In ServiceCloud you have to plan all of this out yourself, while in Zendesk it's an out of the box approach. The knowledge/help center site is easy to implement and use for ticket portals, implement SSO with your application authentication and make it easy for agents to search using the knowledge app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce integration can have limitations and is hard to mirror SFDC depending on how your Salesforce is set-up. Knowledgebase and user forum are pretty standard experiences. Hard to customize if it's not included in the box.

SLAs are either either on or off. It's not possible to have target goals where you aren't in a customer/contract SLA breach but you are not hitting an internal service goal. Would love to have that.

Search in the knowledge base help center can be challenging at times. We actually implemented a 3rd party search tool to get better search results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would get all customer facing teams on the same system and try to prevent a disjointed post-sales support operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support at scale. We currently do around 4k tickets per month without much extra modifications to Zendesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Wide array of APIs for integration and customization - we connect to Zendesk via custom Slack bots, Python scripts and other external / automated solutions.

Strong customer-centric support / advocate team - Zendesk's team is proactive and meets with our team regularly to ensure our success

Combination of WYSIWYG and HTML Knowledge Base article editor - this increased the amount of users publishing articles since our old Support solution required HTML skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some basic Help Center metrics aren't available out of the box, such as Community/Guide views by Topic. This seems to be in progress as part of the Knowledge Base early access program, which will likely expand to Community/Guide in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An agile approach to Help Center rollout helps significantly. We rolled out with very few Knowledge Base articles and a very small Community, looked into what users used and didn't use and continued rolling out from there. Since then, we have orders of magnitudes more Knowledge Base articles and significant increases in Community usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Greatly increased Knowledge Base presence

- Strong SEO within Knowledge Base establishes our articles as top external search results

- Establishment of a user forum (Community)

- Decreased inbound support tickets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the UX for agents as well as the seamless integration between channels, it is easy to train new users and reporting is easy to access and build simple reports. We have seen a huge difference in member experience and it continues to improve.

Additionally it would be great to be able to measure Adherence to Schedule via Zendesk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more reporting for Guide, and would also like to see more sentiment analysis tools build tin to the platform. I would like more integration with chat bot deeper reporting around conversions. I would like deeper Satisfaction tools eg NPS and sentiment analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a omni channel platform that provides also provides a seamless CX then I would recommend Zendesk, we have seen significant improvements to our customer journey Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used as an omni channel CX platform and self service tool for our end users, benefits have included ticket deflection and improved efficiency from agents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A customer and user for almost 10 years, Zendesk continues to evolve around making it easier for agents to provide a superior customer experience. Adding channels of contact, but keeping the customer facing processes easy to use has been not only great, but the rule. And the training and networking opportunities have been so incredibly valuable personally and professionally. I found my empathy again through the trainings atRelate and the other workshops and product reveals. I have been shown other products, but Zendesk has no rival when it comes to the simplicity of the conversation- just a few clicks at a great price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike anything. It's been such a great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best for communicating with customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My team, small though it is, has many ways to communicate with customers and our diverse, distributed teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations
What do you like best?

I like that it has a lot of settings we can configure and also that it has text/calling integrated- most zendesk comps tell you to just use a different software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It usually takes their support over a month to answer tickets which is insane. Our latest support ticket was answered 2.5 months after we submitted it.

They don't fix bugs or make new features often. We have a few persistent bugs we have reported that are experience breaking. We reported them over a year ago and nothing has been done nor have we been given any sort of timeline.

You are locked in to annual contracts for seats so if need goes down you'll still have to pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support- it has been good to centralize support for a few different areas of the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Claims Op Team Lead
What do you like best?

During this difficult time of the Pandemic, Zendesk Support Suite has been amazing! I've had the opportunity to learn so much from webinars that were offered. I have been able to search, read, and learn so much. I feel like I have a whole built in community where I can go for support and learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - honestly this is one of the most helpful & easy to use programs every. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You definitely will not regret using Zendesk! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For myself, I'm fairly new to Zendesk, and I have been able to use Zendesk Support Suite to learn so much. I have been able to really learn what all I can do in Zendesk to make my team more efficient. I didn't realize how helpful it would be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows for seamless interaction and allows ease of knowledge sharing! We are able to communicate with a number of clients and patrons easily. The best part is we integrate with our other systems to keep a 'temperature' of our business in realtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not realize the amount of time the initial set up would take. I wish I had had more information about setup before we actually implemented, it would have saved me work down the road. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to understand completely how to set up each product and understand how each product works. with another. Have staff that can be dedicated and focused on the suite at startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication, data management, customer satisfaction, IT management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Developer, Office of Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education
What do you like best?

The fact you can have tabs on each ticket issue is incredible for efficiency, and I also really appreciate that you can see who is currently viewing the tickets you are looking at. The user interface is also incredibly easy to use and I was able to get started pretty fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the left bar in each ticket case has a lot of information that is not clearly explained. There are certain fields that are mandatory and I always struggle finding the correct options and ensuring those fields are filled up. Perhaps an alternative would be to have all required fields at the top and make the 'About' field a little bit clearer that it's referring to the topic of the ticket.

Another problem I had was with finding all the tickets I have worked on, the process is a bit confusing and not very straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently using the Zendesk Support suite for assisting other departments with questions and issues they might have. I have found that it's incredibly useful for better communicating back and forward between teams and keeping track of the tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

This tool has not only affected our coordination abut also increased the production. Now I am in a better position to solve my customer’s queries as I can easily handle the tickets and even could assign them on my certain employee. Moreover, whenever my team member stuck in a particular issue, I have easy access to his desktop, thus I ensures my availability at the time of need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive due to which every customer cannot afford it. It is doing a great job. However handling complex tickets is quite difficult due to which there is need of adding some additional features. There is no of adding some additional filtering features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For B2B type business this software will prove highly beneficial. Above all it will help you to get rid of excessive meetings and excessive logins, as you can assist your customers by sitting at your desktop. I think you should try it as it is also available in various plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has also made the remote working very easy and quality based. In addition I can carry out chat with my customers and it provides me detailed report about the any customer’s bio data for my better guidance. Further the interface is very appealing and synchronized as well. In addition Zendesk gives me an opportunity of integrated voice to handle more complex issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The most beneficial attribute of Zendesk is that each sector (phone, email, help center and chat) are all in a single space. This has saved us tremendous time. Our Account Manager is very helpful and works to find us the best fit for our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Talk product is not as robust as needed to manage phone volume. The live dashboard was a major improvement but the standard talk dashboard should incorporate the live dashboard and the page that allows you to listen live to calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like to consolidate all channels of support, promote visibility to help articles for your customers and drive them to the answers they need, Zendesk is a great tool to support that elevation. Most of what we need, in terms of reporting, is pre-built so it requires less time. The most incredible benefit and the ultimate reason we chose Zendesk is that we are able to make most of the changes, updates or additions we need due to the ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to service more customers since we are saving time with a consolidated view. In addition, the Help Center has allowed us to offer visibility to our customers that we didn't have before. The amount of flexibility in reporting is a great benefit as well. We view multiple types of data to understand our customers needs and the Explore product is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Zendesk's Support Suite provides significant flexibility to ensure customer support threads are able to be centrally managed with ability to integrate to unlimited internal and external resources/apps. It also provides a great customer-facing platform to provide self-service answers and reduce support case volume and related costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like many software solutions, there are limitations so product gaps are expected. Where I'd like to see improvements is with their API platform to provide more granular permissions sets to ensure that security review of third-party applications can proceed without interference. A third-party application may only need to receive statistical information and not have full access to the customer/agent dialogue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zendesk is not an ITSM solution and doesn't bill itself as such though you can fit ITIL concepts into the platform to make it work for your purposes if that's a requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single platform for customer support that is secure and auditable. Reduces and removes friction points that make for a more efficient agent and customer experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

There are many integrations within ZenDesk and a lot of them work out of the box. Our workflow where we can get notifications on tickets in a slack channel and keep tabs on appropriate tickets works really well. And if you are looking for basic triage functionality of taking in a ticket, assigning an SLA to the ticket and pushing into a L1/L2 queue and L3 for analysis, the product works really well as this is it's core functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some basic features miss the mark. We use Zendesk as a closed system where our customers need to log in to view and submit tickets. 2FA is a feature that is extended to our agents, but not our customers which means we either need to move to a different authentication mechanism to achieve this or ignore the fact that our customer's credentials can be phished and tickets can be submitted as them. Other dislikes I've found is that support can be hit and miss from Zendesk. I understand that sometimes the workload can be quite prohibitive, and I'm sure there are lots of customers asking more questions towards Christmas for integrations, but I've found that sometimes what appears to be a "simple" question can go unreplied from Zendesk Support for weeks, and when you attempt to follow up sometimes the followup is quicker than the initial request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working for a Managed Service Provider, it works well as a basic incident response system. We can track our customer's SLAs and respond accordingly. There appear to be good metics that we can get out of an add-on suite that is called "Explore" which allows us to pull out metrics against the tickets which has been improved greatly since the early days of us signing up, but Zendesk does make it easy for us to hit our marks and service our customers in a timely fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO and Founder
What do you like best?

We are early users of Zendesk Support so we have not had time to fully vet all the features. We selected Zendesk because it gives us the ability to deploy a product documentation portal, secure behind a login, but without requiring an individual seat fee for every user account, as other alternatives such as Confluence do. For one monthly (or annual) fee, we can scale to accommodate as many customer-users as necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most notably, what we dislike the most so far is that Zendesk couples the Owners account with the Zendesk Admin account. This means that the Owner of the account - the finance person who is actually paying the bill, must have an Administrator/Owner account in Zendesk. That account consumes a license, and the subscription level determines the price of that license. We chose the Enterprise Support with Enterprise Guide so our monthly fee is $155 per user. Being forced to allocate an $1800+/year seat to our finance person, just so we can pay the bill, is frankly ridiculous. Our workaround is to setup the payment information on our Zendesk Administrator's account. That person happens to be in Product Management, halfway around the world from Finance in corporate HQ, and from a finance control, risk management, and administration perspective it raises all sorts of headaches.

There is the additional pain in that Zendesk hides the pricing information behind a login, so the folks that are actually paying the bills cannot log back into the account and easily review pricing if we want to reassess our subscription, unless they have that paid seat. As a workaround to the above-mentioned issue, we added the Finance person to zendesk as a User, for the primary Brand. However, when that person logs in they have no access to the subscription and pricing information, since they do not have Admin privileges. If we try to come back in to the Zendesk pricing page on their website, it leads us through the Get Started flow, forcing us to create an account, etc. Which cannot be done since we already have the account setup.

The whole account Owner concept is poorly executed, and does not seem suitable for Business or Enterprise SaaS software.

As mentioned, we are new to Zendesk, but an additional point of pain has to do with setup for User accounts across Brands. Some subscription levels (which I can't verify since I cannot get to the Subscriptions page), allow you to setup 5 "Brands" or customer portals. Each Brand is a subdomain, e.g. my-portal.zendesk.com. To our best understanding, each Brand portal has a separate login. And you cannot, to our knowledge, use the same login (email) in more than one portal. That's a problem for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are building a product documentation portal. We have just started so we have seen no benefits yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.