3.9

Open source web chat platform. From group messages and video calls all the way to help desk killer features.

Work for Rocket.Chat?

Learning about Rocket.Chat?

Rocket.Chat Reviews

Ask Rocket.Chat a Question
Showing 99 Rocket.Chat reviews
Hellen M.

"Merits and Cons of using Rocket.Chat for almost three years. "

What do you like best?

To cut the long story short, I need you'all to know that I like everything about Rocket.Chat.

First of all, I like how Rocket.Chat integrates with a wide array of outside apps such as Jira.

Rocket.Chat has both mobile and web applications, but I like using mobile app since it is a bit straightforward to work with unlike the other one.

Rocket.Chat can be customized to satisfy varying requirements such as file sharing and video conferencing.

What do you dislike?

Like I said earlier, I like everything about Rocket.Chat, thus I cannot find any definate reason to dislike it at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Automatically yes.

The main advantage ia file sharing in one centralized place.

Rocket.Chat allows me to communicate with friends, family members and team mates via audio calls, live chat, and video conferencing.

Rocket.Chat has reduced the time we carry out physical meetings since this app has all the capabilities that allows multipe users to communicate via video and audio calls.

Messaging 1:1 and on groups.

Task management.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rocket.Chat
Reginah W.

"My great adventure with the best internal communication and video conferencing software."

What do you like best?

Rocket.Chat makes my teams to collaborate seamlessly when performing tasks and projects thus yielding high productivity.

It's possible to share files with teams and also present work through screen sharing.

I like the ability of this software to send fast instant messages.

This sodt tend to be very easy to use as it's designed well to be user-friendly.

I like the ability to conduct and join online meetings with video conferencing.

Has great mobility support thus making it more flexible,portable and accessible.

What do you dislike?

This software has many robust features that requires excellent internet connectivity to run properly and these features includes making high quality audio and video calls,sharing of large files etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend other organization to give this software a free trial to see if it will suit best all their needs for internal communication and live chats.

Enhance great internal communication by making communication faster among teams and colleagues.

Enhances great team collaboration when managing tasks.

Video conferencing.

Availability of live chats.

What Internal Communications solution do you use?

Farah W.

"not slack but close"

What do you like best?

my company made the switch to rocket chat from slack to avoid fees for archived and old messages. We needed our messages not to expire after a certain amount of time, and slack requires a premium subscription for that feature. as a small company, we couldn't afford that. So I like that it's accessible to smaller businesses.

What do you dislike?

the mobile app is hard to use. There's no mobile option to add members to a channel, and it's hard to mark your message as unread to save it for later. I don't like that users can't specify what their job title is in their user profile. This makes it difficult to keep track of colleagues across a big network.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

desktop UX is better, mobile app needs work

My wide network of remote colleagues uses Rocket Chat and the biggest benefit is that messages remain intact instead of expiring like on slack.

Gleb B.

"The best chat decision for in-office use"

What do you like best?

- very flexible configuration system - you can do whatever you want;

- wide opportunities for channels management;

- every change could be rolled back to default value;

- easy to install on server;

- stable working without any bugs (i couldn't found).

What do you dislike?

- not so easy to navigate in interface and settings;

- poor-adapted english-russian translation;

- no way to export and import server chat-data (only full server backup) for the cases, when user wants to reinstall chat, for example.

- could not found at least a base manual for the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A promising and interesting product that is worth trying

I got a task: create a chat, where will be some people who works in our office, divided by groups, and they will need to speak to their leaders, but they most not speak to each other. Also, my bosses need to see all conversations.

Shamin A.

"Chat with RocketChat"

What do you like best?

The best feature is it's ALMOST free (for 1000 people) which is pretty helpful for many companies. For example, there are around 400 employees where I work.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't have a preview of the source file I send to someone. Suppose, I sent a *.java file to someone, I would have loved to have an editable preview of this file which will prevent me from downloading the file to have a look at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want an unlimited number of messaging with a team of totalling 1000 people or few, go for it. You won't regret !

I have deployed RocketChat locally here at my company. We are developing an ERP system for the company and we need to do many REQUIREMENT ANALYSIS in many departments. This deployment is for the purposes of communication between several departments if there's any need.

Joan N.

"An excellent internal communication and live Chat software."

What do you like best?

Am delighted to have the privilege to use this best internal communication and live Chatting software and one thing that impresses me more is the simplicity to use it without need of training.

In like the ability to conduct and join online meetings with this software video conferencing and audio calls features.

This software bring all things under one roof thus teams can collaborate and engages effectively on tasks and projects.

I like the ease of screen sharing as it makes every workflows processes easier.

Has a great mobility support.

What do you dislike?

Has alot of bandwidth usage as most of it's features relies greatly on internet connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this software strongly because we have witnessed alot of benefits thus it worth having and using.

Video and audio conferencing.

Live chatting.

Internal communication thus communication within and outside is fast.

Aminda C.

"So close but with a few caveats"

What do you like best?

We love the flexibility. As a small growing company the ability to add on new people as we grow, without worrying about outrageous upgrade costs. the interface is simple.

What do you dislike?

Updates can cause significant interference with workflow. The search function is lacking, it would be nice to be able to toggle between channel and global searches. (maybe there is a way but we haven't found it yet?) but the one thing that keeps me from loving this is the lack of followup notifications.

RC is necessary for our business. I can't imagine trying to function without keeping us all connected especially with our remote employees. My favorite most recent addition was adding a Zappier that updates a social media channel with mentions. That has helped us really interact with our community!

Alice W.

"Let's skyrocket internal communications in our organizations with Rocket.Chat "

What do you like best?

Nothing is perfect in internal communications like Rocket.Chat.

I have been using Rocket.Chat for almost two years and I like the way it has been good all the way till now.

I like that Rocket.Chat has lots of features in one central place.

It can be customized to satisfy lots of needs such as video conferencing and internal communications.

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat has had no identifiable flaws for the duration that i have been utilizing it to communicate with peers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it to everyone as long as they have internet-enabled devices like PCs, Tablets and Smartphones.

Internal communications in our company is enhanced by Rocket.Chat.

I use Rocket.Chat to share files and docs via private and company group.

Online meetings is another benefit since we hardly incur transport or physical costs.

"Rocket.Chat connects teams in our corporation in one workspace"

What do you like best?

What I like most is the availability of live chat features that enables us to undertake in-app messaging, lead development and conversation archiving.

I like how Rocket.Chat integrates with lots of applications like GitLab and Telegram.

Finally, I appreciate how I am now able to share desktop screen with the rest of users in a given corporate conference.

What do you dislike?

For the two years + that I have been using Rocket.Chat, I have never experienced even a slight issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest to make sure they understand their internal communications requirements before they invest in Rocket.Chat.

Rocket.Chat makes it easy to share files.

With Rocket.Chat, we are able to save time and money while carrying out web conferencing since it has robust video conferencing features.

Zachary M.

"Rocket Chat is the best chat tool that every organization needs."

What do you like best?

The most part I love about Rocket Chat is that you can easily install it on you own local servers whereby you don't need someone else to do it for you.

It has been a great tool for collaboration and communication internally.

I also like that you can create ultimate number of groups.

What do you dislike?

We have to open the file attachment window to open a file since we cannot drag and drop files in the group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would urge every organization to give this tool a try.

Rocket Chat has made us improved in many ways...

An glad because I can discuss with my group concerning the ongoing projects without visiting each and every employee working on the same project.

Gedion M.

"For effective live chats and internal collaboration Rocket.Chat is the way to go."

What do you like best?

I like how it easy to live chat using this software thus bringing everything lively.

Audio and video calls are fast to make this enhancing fast communication.

I like how it easy to get started with this software as it has a simple interface that is easy to navigate and customize.

Screen sharing is possible thus easy to present.

I like how it's easy to share and collaborate on files and documents.

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat rely greatly on internet connectivity thus the quality of calls can be as better as the connectivity

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this software to others for internal communication and live chats purposes.

Audio and video conferencing.

Live chats.

Facilitates internal communication.

Team collaboration thus ease of managing tasks.

Hugo M.

" Despite being a relatively new tool Rocket.Chat is increasingly efficient and reliable"

What do you like best?

An interesting point to highlight in Rocket.Chat is the simultaneous translation option available in several languages ​​that becomes extremely useful when making contact with an official who speaks another language, the tool performs the translation in real time if you so desire what can be very useful mainly for companies and corporations that have affiliates in different countries of different languages ​​and at some point these officials need to establish contact.

What do you dislike?

The main screen of Rocket.Chat seems a bit confusing, maybe it is my custom with the slack screen, but it really could be more intuitive and try to follow the standard that most communication tools follow, of course in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a good messaging / communication / teamwork tool, Rocket.Chat is certainly worth a try, although relatively new it is stable and efficient, it offers interesting options for communication, it is highly customizable and all of this for a very nice price.

In our company we used to use the slack that is most likely the most complete communication tool for businesses today but the limitations on the amount of messages saved in the middle plans was something that bothered and upgrading to larger plans was not financially viable, so the solution was the exchange for a new communication tool, after some time of research taking into account the technical needs and financial costs, the tool chosen was Rocket.Chat, a relatively new and growing open source communication tool in the market, with it we had the problem of limitations of saved messages resolved and this without increasing costs in our budget.

Jemimah T.

"No complain about Rocket Chat. It's an amazing tool for team collaboration."

What do you like best?

First, I must recommend Rocket Chat for collaboration and communication internally.

It allows multiple users to join and collaborate in channels that allows for free flow of communication on a regular basis.

Rocket chat is easy to install and easy to use, that way,I find it very useful,fast and very friendly to use and work with.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that has ever challenged me while using Rocket Chat.

It's fast,user-friendly and very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great and powerful tool,i recommend.

Rocket Chat has been the best chat tool for our company.

It is easy to install, set up and use.

Great and very effective tool that makes us be smart and work as a team.

C

"Best Features of Rocket CHat"

What do you like best?

The easy integration of Rocket Chat in the Front End Web Application, the scalability of the APIs and the easy use for implementing some features as sending multimedia imformation. Rocket chat offers you the possibility of creating many channels for sending information . You can also add users with different roles to each channels. It is posible to send voice information . One of the main advantages of ROcket Chat for developers is the possibility of customizing the software depending on what he needs. The wide API available in the Rocket Chat server can be used for sending all kind of information to the Rocket Chat server, as multimedia information or text information . Ohter advantage is that it is continously being improved. In fact, there are branches which are always being developed and new features are being implemented in the Rocket Chat server. Finally it has avalilable the iFrameIntegration , Real Time Api and GraphQL API. They also cam be modifien on code

What do you dislike?

In some parts of the Project there is too much documentation and it is not well explained how to use some features as inserting multimedia information and send some messages to the server

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rocket Chat is a very useful tool for sending text information in a Web application and Multimedia information to all the elements

I am using Rocket Chat for sending text and multimedia inofrmation in a server which receives continuously information in a reactive way

Amram P.

"Rocket Chat client still needs some upgrades"

What do you like best?

It is a very light and user friendly interface as an on-premises alternative to Skype and other public or cloud-based options. The interface is very intuitive and not heavy at all on the computer or laptop. Our needs included group chat which is quite easy to use with the Rocket Chat client.

We worked with the opensource/free option.

What do you dislike?

It still lacks a lot of important features. It should have a password locking system for the system configuration to use in an office/business environment, so that only the sysadmin can make changes to it. Also there should be an option to enforce OTR encryption on all conversations, rather than having to do it one by one.

Also the code is supposed to be available to modify the client as needed and recompile it for a custom deployment; it's nearly impossible to compile. We encountered tons of errors due to libraries and other details, and there is very little documentation on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it... it is great for the most part. Some of our needs were a tiny bit more than average.

All opensource chat clients are either not user friendly (too techie) or lack x y z features: Gajim, Pidgin, Jitsi, etc. Rocket Chat seemed to integrate pretty much all we needed, making it a viable option to replace even public insecure chat systems such as Skype.

Will P.

"Excellent chat management platform for businesses and community chats"

What do you like best?

Rocket.Chat has great documentation, very powerful to customise and make it your own. Integrates well with many platforms and can be used to replace almost any current solution with little adjustment time. The live chat feature is great, implementing this with other providers is overly complicated compared.

What do you dislike?

Nothing but pricing can be seen as expensive if you are looking for a cloud-based solution. Also, the whole pricing side of things can be a bit confusing until explained. The need to manage this as an additional service outside of the current technology stack adds another concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you won't regret it, the platform looks overly complicated to configure but actually has great documentation and can be customised to fit your business. The reason we found it was because of the live chat functionality on the website.

The biggest improvement has been using it for customer service, implementing workflows for support requests all going through one platform. Also great for communities looking to break away from other mainstream solutions. It really is cheap and comparable to the big players in this sector and really worth considering.

"A good chat system for our internal communications"

What do you like best?

Web based so our users don't need to install a client. Able to integrate authentication to rocket chat from our web based software. Bot capabilities enabling us to integrate alerts and interaction into our internal software.

What do you dislike?

Took us a while to figure out why our logging into rocket chat was slowing down so much. After lots of trial and error and other research , figured out we need to manually clear our the tokens so it doesn't get extremely bogged down.

Also there was an auto installed update that completely broke the hubbot for us. Was a disruption for our business. We ended up having to install the server a different way so we could roll back to and older version of rocket chat in order to get it to work again.

We don't auto update anymore due to several occurrences where it auto updated and broke things and ended up disrupting our business.

use for instant messaging between our users, using bot to integrate into our software for notifications

Alec K.

"Great chat software, limited security due to AWS servers"

What do you like best?

RocketChat doesn't have too many extras and it almost works offline. I.e. you can read and post messages even when offline. The cheerful interface is a welcome departure from low contrast "modern" design.

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat is a Brazilian company. One would think you would be safe from the endless spyware of American providers (American tech companies are legally obliged to spy on you and barred from telling you about it by law). But no Rocket.Chat instead of hosting their chat independently on servers in neutral countries decided to build their infrastructure on AWS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Self-host unfortunately, as the Rocket.Chat corporate hosting is now on AWS which means zero security for you and your company. You may as well post Facebook instant messages to one another.

Rocket.Chat gave us low maintenance high quality chat at a single monthly fee and reduced our dependence on our primary intranet provider. Sometimes we used LiveChat on our website. We were happy with it.

"The free team chat and productivity booster"

What do you like best?

Rocket.Chat provides teams with a way to co-ordinate and disseminate information without the noise created by email. By using Rocket.Chat, answers can be obtained and decisions can be reached immediately or in minutes by reaching out to the relevant parties, instead of first scheduling a meeting, inviting multiple parties (often very many not even concerned with the issue at hand) and trying to find a suitable time to bring everyone to the same place, where the actual issue is usually buried beneath many others. Rocket.Chat helps cut through the noise by providing focused discussions.

UPDATE - 15 May 2019

I just had to add an update to this review as we have just upgraded to Rocket.Chat 1.0 which brings cool new features, including threaded replies and discussions. These are things I haven't exactly missed, as the existing features were good enough, but I have sometimes thought they would be nice to have. Having started using them, I think that we will be using them very much going forward!

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat still needs an easy means to start ad-hoc private conversations between a group of individuals, the way that Skype allows you to do. Currently, you have to start a new private group and invite a list of individuals. It does not have the simplicity of starting a private group chat that simply involves selecting a number of individuals and sending a message to them.

Another small niggle is that, when replying to a message, the user's IDs are shown on the original message instead of their names. When the IDs are based on numbers, this becomes a little confusing as you may not know who sent the original message (although you still see the user avatar, which helps if they have set one).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For ease of installation, use the snap package provided with Ubuntu. It is the easiest way to install and maintain the application and you receive automatic updates.

Rocket.Chat saves time that would be spent on pointless meetings. With Rocket.Chat, people can focus on their deliverables and be involved only in the discussions that are relevant to them.

Our team, for example, uses Rocket.Chat to do our daily stand-ups, where we share what we are working on. Previously, this required everyone to be in the same place at the same time. With Rocket.Chat, we can share this information without the need for this, and a stand-up does not need to interfere with anyone's work.

In using Rocket.Chat, we have found that adopting a team chat solution involves a great mind shift and cultural shift. The best value from such a solution is derived from keeping chats "in the open", i.e. using public forums so that different teams and managers can easily see, without querying individuals, what is happening on the ground. However, this requires a level of trust, especially in a large organization, that is not always present. That trust has to be established between individuals and teams in order to get the best benefit out of the product.

Adrian Z.

"Good tool, highly configurable, but still requires some improvements"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use yet highly customizable. I really like how it can be configured. The customer support is also nice and helpful. I also like how the access rights management is organized and the pre-defined roles. It's also easy to create new roles - I never used it but I'm glad that it's there in case when I need it.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is not that good. It's limited in comparison to the web version and it has some bugs. The web version also has some bugs that should be fixed. I had a nasty bug that I couldn't add new credit card or remove the old, expired one. However, it was solved by the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn more about the different features of Rocket.Chat. Add your own bot, custom emoticons, create different access roles etc. If you spend some time on configuration and play with the tool, you'll find that there are really nice features hidden there:)

It's our main internal communication tool. Every employee has it so it's easy for people to reach appropriate people. We use it also as a collaboration tool for the projects we conduct.

Markus F.

"Awsome project and nice alternative to Slack"

What do you like best?

We use rocket.chat for our department. Thereby we run a self-hosted instance in our own kybernetes. Installation was super easy. File sharing, video chat, and of course instance messaging are a driver of our daily business life.

What do you dislike?

One could improve the notification mechanism. Currently, I get an e-mail, smartphone push notification, and a desktop notification whenever there is a new message. Doesn't matter if I already read the message on one of the mentioned devices.

We use rocket.chat for our internal communication. Thereby we use basically all the available features like file sharing, video conferencing, polls, and instant messaging. We also use guest accounts to integrate external partners in certain channels.

Millicent A.

"Mweting initiation and joining made easy by Rocket.Chat "

What do you like best?

Availability of mobile application is the best thing that I give a thumbs up about Rocket.Chat. With the mobile platform, I am in a better situation to always stay logged in.

Rocket.Chat integrated easily with Jira.

Rocket.Chat contains lots of tutorials and documentations available online.

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat lacks enterprise scalability, and that makes it inappropriate for global enterprise corporations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Automatically yes, especially if you are in need of a platform that has web conferencing and internal communication features in one place.

One of the main advantage is Rocket.Chat gives us ability to create communication channels.

Rocket.Chat makes it easy to share files.

Screen sharing is another advantage of using Rocket.Chat.

Lilian W.

"Let's undertake Video Conferencing with Rocket.Chat"

What do you like best?

Let me start by analyzing my overall experience with Rocket.Chat:

I have been using Rocket.Chat for almost 9 months now and I like how it makes it to chat with colleagues and friends.

I like because it ia easy to install from play store and app store for Androind and Mac users.

Finally, i like the fact that Rocket.Chat has all the features for internal communications in one place.

What do you dislike?

Rocket.Chat is all good and perfect, but some folks hardly use it hence I find myself utilizing other video conferencing apps whenever in need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, and encourage others to install Rocket.Chat on their devices.

Video conferencing

Internal communication

File sharing.

Gladwell N.

"Rocket.Chat is a must have for internal communications "

What do you like best?

What I like most about Rocket.Chat ia the ability to create communication channels in one place.

I like how Rocket.Chat integrates with lots of applications and APIs.

Ease of customizing Rocket.Chat is another thing that I like most about Rocket.Chat.

In addition, Rocket.Chat has tona of features in one place that makes it a complete app.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike even a single thing about Rocket.Chat since it meets all my internal communication desires.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Automatically yes.

I utilize Rocket.Chat on a daily basis to handle all internal communications.

Rocket.Chat makes it easy to send files of all sorts such as URL and Pdfs.

Sandeep K.

"Best chat tool for organizations "

What do you like best?

User interface is very user friendly. I can use Rocket chat for direct communication as well as group chats. Also it is an open source product. I can connect with my colleges even when not in office. I can open it in web browser as well.

What do you dislike?

We cannot drag and drop image in a chat room. Also sometimes it hangs. But I don't find anything else to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend others to give it a try and they will love it.

I can discuss about my projects and problems faced during the development phase as well as testing phase.

Learn more about Rocket.Chat

Rocket.Chat Videos

Learning about Rocket.Chat?

* We monitor all Rocket.Chat reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9