Hiver

Hiver turns Gmail into a simple, powerful collaboration and customer support tool.

Work for Hiver?

Learning about Hiver?

Hiver Reviews

Ask Hiver a Question
Showing 197 Hiver reviews
Hiver review by Tina J. H.
Tina J. H.

"The best add-on for your Gmail account."

What do you like best?

Hoover is a super easy tool to use, when I started using it for my mail, in which I respond to many cases of support and sales, I did not imagine it was so simple your installation should only register me, and the add-on was automatically added to my google browser, and then activated on my gmail account automatically, thanks to whoever I can use my mail in a more organized, creating folders where I can share specific folders, with detailed information for certain types of customers.

What do you dislike?

Something that gives me a certain fear when using heavier, is the confidentiality of the emails, I cannot be 100% sure, that this application access to my data, since I do not know what kind of security, they handle, and when installed from the Google playstore, it can be easy to manipulate it by a third party, I recommend having certain precautions when installing it, like a firewall and an antivirus, always updated, in case some kind of suspicion is detected in the use of it.

I can use my gmail mail that I like so much, as any other type of business mail, giving additional tools to gmail, to have all the information about my contacts, better organized and distributed, I can include in these shared folders, not only the customers if not other support members, having a live view of all events, for all staff, who is interested, in different cases of support and sales, with specific people.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hiver
Hiver review by Jenee B.
Jenee B.

"Helps you Efficiently Work"

What do you like best?

I like that you can write notes directly to your colleagues in an email so that they can review without actually adding them to the email. I also like that you can also leave notes for yourself within each email.

What do you dislike?

SLA violations being given on emails you sent that are assigned to a specific mailbox afterwards. It is a bit difficult keeping track of he emails that aren't assigned to you in the inbox you work out of. Also, you receive SLA violations on emails that are reopened by the customer. It would be best to base those violations on the timeline the email was opened. Meaning, if it us closed the SLA should reset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the features available to you. There are a lot of tools available that you can use that well help you efficiently get through your day and stay on top of all tasks.

Being able to view emails from your colleague between customers. Other jobs I've worked with used excel and it was really hard to track customer issues if you weren't included on the email.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Hiver review by Oscar G.
Oscar G.

"The key to our organization at our past paced company"

What do you like best?

What I love about Hiver is its easy integration with Gmail. The ability to communicate with team members and discuss on the side of an email before somebody answers really helps us keep a strong image and unified policy. It makes my day much more organized since I am able to select the work that I need and neatly view only those emails which I need to act on. Our Ops distribution list receives hundreds of emails daily, so keeping track of what action is needed from me has never been more easy! 10/10

What do you dislike?

I wish the chat between members of the same group was more easily accessible. It is currently a notification, but I receive a lot of them. It is hard to see when someone messaged me or it is just an automatic notification. I also wish you could tag an email without having to open the email itself. I find it affects my analytics since I do not tag all the emails as much as I would like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your life a lot easier. It keeps the operations end of business organized.

1) Extreme organization

2) Communication within the team on matters that we should all discuss, but we are not always together.

3) Maximizes my time and provides me valuable analytics on client success.

Hiver review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

Not having to forward emails to each other any more. Assigning them makes life so much easier. Keeping notes on each emails is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I can not close emails in my personal inbox. I have to go into the email and close it or reassign it. However you can go into your team inbox and do this. But this is not a huge gripe of mine. There is not much to dislike however I look forward to new features as the Hiver team seems to be very talented!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is great! Instant chat and amazing help :-)

Communication! Everyone can communicate and keep notes on emails. We use to use a chat feature and I hated to hear new chats some in. Now chats about an email are nice and tidy! I also love assigning emails to team members to clean up my inbox. Shared labels are also a plus!

Hiver review by Jessie R.
Jessie R.

"Great for Office Email! "

What do you like best?

I love the "@" social media feature. It allows me to send quick messages to colleagues so that they can see specific emails that I am working on. The notifications are really easy to keep track of and it makes it easier to identify which emails are most important and time pressing. It was really easy to learn how to use and allows everyone in our office to know what is going on.

What do you dislike?

I do not like an one email cannot be in multiple folders at once. More than one person in our office works on one email at a time, so it would be nice if we could both have it in our folders!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use when a large number of email are using one email address. It is easy to share emails, and delegate tasks to one another. I really love the "@" social media feature that allows you to communicate with other people quickly and that you can refer back to these notes later on.

We are able to better handle the office email. It is a lot easier to see what other projects our team members are working on and it has helped tremendously to pick up their workload when people are out of the office!

Hiver review by Nickolaus M.
Nickolaus M.

"Hiver Perfect for you!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Hiver for 5 Months now and really like using it. Hiver is a great tool, that helps me manage my work emails between my clients, and Co-Workers. Is easy to use, compact and looks nice. I had no problems jumping straight in to using it and would recommend it to anyone that has messy emails and needs help with organization.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found things I dislike about Hiver. For using it to manage my Emails it has done everything I want it to do at this time and don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of clients and need to manage and share a bunch of emails with coworkers and employees I would definitely recommend choosing hiver. Its well priced provides easy access and organization and the pricing is very fair.

Using Hiver allows me to easily keep track of all my emails from clients, and manage which emails get shared to coworkers. I no longer have to dig through lists of emails to find what i'm looking for I can find what I need quickly.

Hiver review by Ananda F.
Ananda F.

"Great program, Excellent customer support!"

What do you like best?

Automations - it's so easy to set up automatic management of certain emails!

Notes - An amazing time saver to have notes and team conversations saved with each email.

Snooze - Prefect for following up on critical conversations without inbox clutter

Customer Support - if I can't find what I looking for in the help docs, the support team is AMAZING. Incredibly helpful and quick to respond!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing I don't like is that the email count is 99+ rather than showing the actual number of invoices in our shared inbox.

And the amount of effort G2 is requiring to leave this review - if I didn't love Hiver so much I would have bailed on this review process after they asked me to log in.

Effective management of our shared inboxes. We have over 10 users for our shared inboxes and as we grow using Hiver has been imperative in successfully sharing an inbox.

Hiver review by Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.

"Changes the game for tackling a team inbox!"

What do you like best?

Hiver has changed the way our team operates our main company inbox. Emails are clearly assigned to team members, and all members have access to any email thread which is added into your Hiver folder.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is definitely a noticeable lag in the software which gets much worse when the internet connection is not optimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hiver is a great tool to help multiple users tackle one inbox. It's also very helpful to stay organized with what emails you still need to address, whether or not you have opened or "read" them. Say goodbye to continually using your "mark as unread" button!

Inbox organization for customer service team. The more organization, the better! Hiver allows for assigned threads, specific tags, draft sharing, etc. which all prove useful and time saving for our team.

Hiver review by Chrsitian R.
Chrsitian R.

"Hiver boosts our productiviy"

What do you like best?

It integrates in gmail natively, so we don't need to switch applications and handle Logins in multiple systems. It has all important functions to productively work on shared emails as a team. It is really intuitiv and fast and the support of the Hiver team works great.

What do you dislike?

I think the pricing is a little too expensive. I'd be OK with 10$ per User, but 22$, really? This is even more expensive than the whole Gsuite.

We used to solve shared emails / inboxes with OTRS, an open source ticket system. It worked great, but got very rusty and slow over the years. The management and administration of this system used to be a nightmare and there where more and more bugs as time evolved.

Now we can reduce a lot of administration and management cost, because Hiver is a cloud solution. With the shared answer editing feature we can save a lot of time in internal back and forth communication. All in all Hiver is a big time saver.

Hiver review by Ally W.
Ally W.

"Seamlessly integrates with your gmail through an extension. Not another platform, thank god! "

What do you like best?

Our favourite aspect is that it can run from our individual Gmail accounts via a chrome extension, it's not another platform we have to go to, login to or keep tabs on.

I love the drafting and assigning. We use a team admin who will triage and filter incoming enquiries and emails for the company. There job is to assign to the correct member of staff and draft responses to any general and easy to answer queries.

It's the first email inbox that wasn't a burden and actually created efficiencies in our workflow.

What do you dislike?

When Gmail updated their UI it meant the extension broke. We were then forced to remain using the old legacy view until the update came out.

Allows our team to collaborate on emails and share information and notes much more efficiently

Hiver review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"Solid Helpdesk w/ excellent support & service"

What do you like best?

My favorite of Hiver's capabilities is that of the side-bar chat; I regularly communicate with team members about emails within the email itself, which is exceedingly convenient.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes, when using Hiver, teammates have the tendency to miss emails that were assigned to others, but perhaps would have been beneficial to two or more team members. We've tried overcoming that obstacle by using the side-bar chat and notifications for tags, in which the person who was not assigned, but may have benefited by reading the message, can be @-tagged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions for the Hiver team, ask them; their support staff seems to work 24-hours and is always prompt and helpful.

Our consolidated and shared email started out as an absolute disaster before we found Hiver, but it has become organized and efficient since we brought it into the team. We tried Distributions lists, but emails could be missed fairly easily, then we tried all logging into the same email (this was the most chaotic).

Hiver review by User

"Hiver Improving Efficiencies but lacking in notifcations"

What do you like best?

I love how Hiver is able to drop emails within one inbox and our team is able to assign it internally. Our accounting department has very diverse duties and it helps for us to split the tasks internally instead of having our clients figure out who to contact.

What do you dislike?

The notifications settings are below average. There have been times where notifications are marked as not read, when I know for a fact that they have. All individuals in my department have experienced this as well. Some of the notifications are from emails from weeks ago that have already been labeled as "closed." I am not sure if the integration with gmail is to blame. I use slack in order to keep track of what tasks have been completed or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're constantly forwarding emails between individuals in your department, hiver is the way to go.

-East to communicate with other individuals or departments on the side bar. We don't always have time to walk to a coworker individually and explain what needs to be done with every email. If there is any confusion it's nice to have discussions on the Hiver thread and leave behind next steps.

-Delegating tasks within departments without constantly forwarding emails and losing attachments.

Hiver review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Simplistic"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Hiver. How simple yet effective it is to use the tags so you can narrow down the emails to a category you wish to focus on. Very quick at closing emails and actioning what you have requested.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot assign an email to more than one person (if this applies to more than one person it is difficult to work around this)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, use this to a maximum potential, it is great for narrowing emails and assigning them to the correct person and department. Even timeframes (48-hour emails) to keep within a certain time period.

Much quicker with assigning emails.

Easy use of tags so we can narrow down searches in categories - helpful for managing workloads.

Hiver review by User

"Great tool, inconsistent performance"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check emails of a shared email account without leaving my main work email. Additionally, emails that are assigned to me will show up in my work email inbox, so I can easily see when I have received a reply without monitoring 2 email addresses or having to login on a separate page. While everything is visible from my main inbox, I am also able to send emails from either email address, which allows me to put a personal email signature, while copying the email to the shared email address. Overall, Hiver improves my workflow, and helps me to stay organized and on top of my email and tasks.

What do you dislike?

I have found that Hiver can be buggy at times. There are times where it will not display the buttons to Assign, Tag, or Change Status of emails within the shared inbox. It also will sometimes miss certain emails, and not all emails will sync into the Hiver inbox from the shared email account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to people with the simple use case of needing to share a general email address with multiple employees. Hiver allows for ease in monitoring generic email addresses, organization and tasking of emails among a team, and allowing for more efficiency in responding to client communications.

Our company uses Hiver within the finance team to manage A/R and A/P email addresses where multiple employees need to access and monitor these emails.

Hiver review by Michael I.
Michael I.

"Good Solution for Shared Inbox"

What do you like best?

The shared inbox allows us to respond to customer service inquiries and make sure someone is handling these issues. We assign the emails to a team member and also use the notes to inform one another of needed information. Hiver integrates with Gmail online well and is intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Assignments and notes can get lost with a high volume of emails. I would like to see a more visible notification and assignment banner or box. Android app seems to be a bit buggy. Sometimes, emails will not open in the app. I would also like to see more options for specific notifications.

Hiver helps us respond to customer inquiries and enables our team to keep track of customer service issues.

Hiver review by Debora M.
Debora M.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

I love that our team can easily assign emails and we can save templates for our responses. It has definitely made our work easier and more organized. It's also very helpful when someone from our team is out and we have to re-assign emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to access email templates. I would also like to see a faster way to assign tags to emails. Nothing major that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try, the more you use it the more useful it becomes. It's very easy to use.

Working as a team is easier, particularly when someone is out on vacation. It's very easy to re-assign emails, making sure clients are taken care of in a timely manner.

Hiver review by Bobby G.
Bobby G.

"Hiver, bringing the best out of Gmail!"

What do you like best?

Put simply, the fact that you can easily share mailboxes and labels within Gmail is the most useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i have come across that i dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Hiver. The installation and setup of the software is incredibly easy. It does everything that you would expect Gmail to do without the use of Groups. It will allow you to share Email address's between multiple people, as well as labels and this is incredibly useful. The support that you get with Hiver is second to none. There was an incident last week in which i had a small problem with the initial setup of a second shared email address. I sent them an email when i arrived at work at 8am and within 10 minutes i had received a reply and someone had remoted to the problem PC and resolved the problem! I would highly recommend Hiver to anyone that that is having trouble or would like shared mailboxes and labels. For everything that you get the price is very good for the support and software itself. Hiver would work very well within small teams, receptionists or any other management team that receives multiple emails daily to different address with more than 2 people accessing and replying to these.

Having the ability to assign Jobs/emails to staff members where applicable. Sharing of emails while still having the ability to assign specific jobs to specific users with the helpdesk function sides of things,

Hiver review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"We use Hiver to manage a shared inbox"

What do you like best?

We really appreciate the responsiveness of the HIVER team when we've suggested changes or updates that might improve the system, they've always been fast to respond and taken the suggestions on board.

The most useful features for the team are the snooze and template functions, and for management are the performance stats provided.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between closing an email or doing another action on an email and it actually moving, and sometimes it can take a few seconds for the HIVER folders to appear when first opening gmail. Other than that it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good idea to sit down and plan how you'll use this tool before jumping into it - as it can take a little while to properly understand the ins and outs of how it works. Also, do some planning first based on what you want to get out of HIVER to avoid confusion or setting the system up in a way which isn't the most efficient manner.

It's helping us to track who does what in the team, who is replying to what kind of emails and how long it takes them. It helps us to keep track of who has been responding to a customer more easily and ensure that the same person replies continually. The collision alerts are also very useful for helping us to avoid overlapping where two people answer the same email, and the notes function allows us to add comments to an email string for internal use.

Hiver review by Kristin C.
Kristin C.

"Very valuable tool at our workplace"

What do you like best?

Simplest way we have found so far to share e-mails within our sales staff, without having to actually send them to each other!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of to dislike is that when I was first added to my company's Hiver, it took a few days for all of the e-mails to show up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a shot, there is a free trial!

This is a great way for us to know what's going on within the sales team, this is how we know what invoices have been sent out, even if that particular representative isn't at work. Find things easily at a glance. Love the drag and drop functionality as well.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Finally a way of dealing with feedback efficiently"

What do you like best?

User feedback no longer falls through the cracks. On a rotating basis, one team member monitors the shared mailbox and assigns feedback to the designated person. Together with internal chats, the entire chain to resolve an issue stays together. Feedback emails are no longer hidden among the noise of all other emails. This is processing user feedback made easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could limit the Conversation View to just Hiver, but I guess that's just how Gmail works. There can be a significant time lag in the announcements on Slack that en email has been added to the shared inbox, but that's a minor issue, since Slack is mostly important for alerts that somebody assigned something to me. Finally, closing a ticket on the App did not result in the ticket disappearing from my folder.

We use Hiver to process user feedback. Hiver has made this so much more efficient and reponse collisions no longer happen.

Hiver review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"A great tool, even for small teams! "

What do you like best?

Hiver helps keep our shared email system organized and effective, which can become a tricky proposal even with a super small team of three people! It helps us stay clear on who is handling which clients and the status of their replies. It also helps us to pass the responsibility back and forth between different employees when need be, which can be difficult if forwarding between multiple email account.

What do you dislike?

It would be amazing if this ran in browsers other than Chrome! We love Firefox, but need this tool to keep our team organized so can't use it. It's also clear that it's still an app in development, sometimes certain features just don't work or appear in the ways they're supposed to; the pop up menu will just not appear sometimes, or not have full functionality when it does, also things move around relatively ofter, which I'm sure is moving toward optimization, but can throw off the day-to-day flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that it only works in Chrome, so if you're reliant on another browser for some reason it may not work with your workflow/ you'll need to have multiple browsers open at once.

Keeping growing small business on top of all of the requests that we receive from customers through different channels that all filter into our inbox.

Hiver review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Bringing Public Folders and Help Desk functionality into Gmail"

What do you like best?

Being able to share Gmail labels across teams and employees, ease of setup, help desk functionality into Gmail is great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - everything works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Microsoft Exchange functionality out of Gmail, Hiver is a great solution. The Help Desk is everything a smaller business like ours (50-100 employees) needs.

Using Hiver allows us to purchase one product to yield multiple benefits. We utilize both the Help Desk and Shared label functionality across teams and employees. The Help Desk function is great for our teams as it let's everyone know what each other is working on, and can let team leads assign tasks right through the Gmail interface. Shared labels keep everyone in the know and allow cross-department knowledge sharing.

Hiver review by Jona X.
Jona X.

"Great for team email management"

What do you like best?

Hiver support is great and has fast turnaround and I love that my team and I can quickly and efficiently handle emails. It's made handling correspondence a lot easier. For instance, being able to make notes on the side of each email that is for internal use only. Also, I love being able to assign emails to certain team members and to easily see which emails need my attention. I also think Hiver is very responsive and customer service oriented as well and continuing to add features, grow and improve.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like there's small glitches that happen but it's not often (ex. some emails get marked as closed even though no one closed them).

Email management

Hiver review by Nestor M.
Nestor M.

"Very good app to keep all your company inboxes organized"

What do you like best?

How easy the whole app is to use, and how fast you can learn to work with it

What do you dislike?

They're always having issues with updates, fixing things, sometimes that makes us re-check every single label to be sure that everything was sync correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to create the main email account, where you receive ALL your company communication, and then you can just spread the needed emails with labels to all your users, that way, you can keep track of all the emails, and you don't need to worry about losing any client/contact. There's a huge amount of ways to configure this for your company, and you can adapt it for any needs you have.

Re-sending / forwarding emails to every single user who needs to know about certain information

Hiver review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Hiver has increased productivity and internal office communication"

What do you like best?

Hiver has allowed our staff to manage the workflow of orders sent to our company through two different email addresses. Each member can pull orders, respond, and process. This is all trackable and transparent so the team can view production results and status of orders. The ability to assign work is very helpful. Simply AMAZING and accelerated our growth.

What do you dislike?

When a customer continues an email string from previous orders we get that complete email history. This could go back a couple years worth of correspondence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any change can be a challenge, the staff at Hiver was there each time we reached out. The transitioned us quickly and no loss to business. Priced strong.

We get most of our orders via email. Using Hiver allows two emails to be merged into one workflow. This makes it simple for our customers and referral sources. Also the ability to track, review internal actions and responses, and assign work is extremely productive.

Hiver review by Ari O.
Ari O.

"Extremly easy for multiple roles in our company"

What do you like best?

Ability to move conversations to another user with a click of a button

I love the shared labels but not sure if they offer that anymore?

What do you dislike?

Sometimes shared labels function misbehaves, but very occasionally

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chek all features to make sure it fits your requirements - they do have a trial!

We have central inbox with multiple different types of users that emails need to be filtered to. Customer service, accounts, tech support, quotes etc - hiver lets us set up a mailbox and with 1 click, assign emails to the relevant parties

"Just What We Needed"

What do you like best?

As a small business, it's imperative that we have visibility between all members of our staff on all emails. Hiver has allowed us to ensure that we reply as soon as possible to incoming emails, and allows the whole team to be on the same page with all our responses. Shared drafts are really awesome; I like being able to work on an important email collaboratively and see the edits in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I think that the initial set-up is a little confusing if you select someone to get updates it's overwhelming. The default, in most cases, should be that nobody receives updates every time the label is added or assigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sharing email responsibilities with a team of people, I am not sure how you would do it efficiently without Hiver. I would recommend for all small businesses who are experiencing growth and need a tool that is able to grow as your team grows.

We are able to work collaboratively as a team to quickly respond to incoming emails. We have visibility to when something has already been replied to, if it's in the process of being replied to, and what needs follow-up.

Hiver review by Angel A.
Angel A.

"Hiver: My favorite GMail add-on and help-desk solution"

What do you like best?

- The Shared Labels and Notes features, that make collaborating in GMail much faster and convenien.

- Shared Mailboxes, and how they let you use GMail as a helpdesk and avoid using external services

- The thread splitting feature for Shared Mailboxes, that fixes GMail (wrong) threading behavior by separating e-mails from diffent senders into different threads

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Hiver doesn't have a feature to add a "one-click feedback survey" at the end of all the e-mails sent from the Shared Mailbox.

I also think that current reports and Shared Mailboxes automations could be improved.

I use Hiver for e-mail collaboration between team members inside my company, and also as a Help Desk solution: to process support tickets.

Hiver review by Stephen W.
Stephen W.

"Excellent integration with Gmail"

What do you like best?

There are many things about Hiver that I like but the fact that it allows our Sales team to share a mail box is the best thing. It is fairly seamless and allows you to assign emails to each team member and track the email progress. The email templates are easy to use and better than the Gmail built in canned responses.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Hiver for awhile now and have yet to find any drawbacks.

Our initial quote requests come into a shared mailbox and we are able to assign them to sales people individually.

Hiver review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Hiver is Great"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in HIver is the shared inbox. It makes it extremely easy to delegate emails within the team.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. It really solves our problem well. The one thing that is missing for me is an integrated knowledge database that would allow my reps to search information that would help them do their job and provide even better service to our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your processes first if you haven't already done so. Focus on redundant inquiries / tasks and then apply the Hiver tool to those. Train your team to properly use it.

I own a small service oriented business. We get a variety of inquiries from customers via email. We have always used the labels in our GSuite (Google for Work) Gmail account to organize and prioritize incoming requests. Our first problem is visibility among the team. The challenge has always been sharing the work between users. Hiver solves this problem. With Hiver we can use shared labels and shared inboxes to ensure everyone has access to customer requests. Also we can clarify who is taking ownership of a request. Different users can reply to subsequent threads in an email string without forwards creating a seamless experience for our customers. Also, we use templates to be consistent in our communications and speed up our response time. These features have reduced confusion within our team and improved our productivity and customer experience. It works perfect.

Hiver review by David W.
David W.

"Hiver - Function over Form."

What do you like best?

Overall, Hiver is a very well thought-out & functional tool. It integrates seamlessly with GMail and increases productivity through collaboration and sharing of information. Apart from the main Hiver label-sharing service, my personal favourite feature is the shared templates - a single location for all company email templates, shared only with those who need them; no clutter. Best Customer Service I've ever come across, it's insane how efficient the Hiver Team are!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Hiver, I've been using it since it's early days and it's been steadily growing and adding new (and more importantly, useful!) features regularly. Generally it has been problem-free, no crashing, no major issues... I can't offer any negative feedback on it, it does what it set out to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solution which can help to organise and tidy-up the workload of a team, then this is an excellent product. No more forwarding mails, everyone has access to the information they need. It's a great product for collaboration within the workplace and definitely worth the fee.

I've a small office with a handful of staff, everyone has their role, but when one team member is absent the others have to pick up where that team member left off... Without having to log-in to several accounts, all the correspondence is at hand for quick access if required, ensuring a seamless service in the event of an absence.

Hiver review by Maxime L.
Maxime L.

"It does very well what it does"

What do you like best?

Simple - Easy - Not expensive - very well intagrated with Gmail - Notes that we can attach and share.

We have a strong use the shared mailbox

We expect to use more email templates and shared labels

The product has a high value for us

What do you dislike?

nothing for the moment, we have 3 months of use.

The main problem was to solve requests sent to our support. Before Hiver we had a redirect email adress (support@) that was redirected to the each email adress of people in the team. Each time one answered to a request, we had to add this redirect email adress in copy. To answer to a request, one person need information from other people of team and for he transfered the email. And also it was not clear who would be take in charge the request. So we received tones of email and we were not very efficient. In the past we tested zendesk and other products, but it was to complicated for us. Now with Hiver we are definitly more efficient, we send less email internally inside the support team. because it is perfectly integrated in Gmail, Hiver is not a tool in addition, so it does not really need to change our habits. I highly recommend this product.

In the next month

Hiver review by Yahu P.
Yahu P.

"Best helpdesk system to integrate to Gsuite!"

What do you like best?

is so amazing to be able to do it all within your regular email. Love love Hiver!!!

What do you dislike?

the only thing I don't like is the comments, which are the most important, are not easily accessible to view it all unless you go inside each email and look at the panel section where comments are. There should be a way to have an easier form of seeing all comments at glance and going inside the email that demands the most our action right away. This should be fixed quick.

customer support

Hiver review by S A.
S A.

"Great task assignment tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Hiver allows easy assignment of tasks to team members (assignee and status are visible to the entire team) and allows team members to share updates and tag individuals as needed.

What do you dislike?

When you receive request responses to assigned emails that do not require actions, you currently still have to go into each ticket and manually close out to update the status.

Allow for team member to easily assign emails to individuals as tasks. In addition, assignee have the ability to track and update status of the email which is visible to rest of the team.

Hiver review by Lukas B.
Lukas B.

"A must have tool for our company"

What do you like best?

-It's very user friendly, meaning that all the employees are able to use it straight away, no training. And it's also very easy to use for administrators

-Support is super fast

-Frequent updates with new features!

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of something I dislike....

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying several similar products, I'm happy I chose Hiver for my office. Frequent updates and great, fast and friendly support

Before hiver, we used to save every single mail into our server in the relevant project folder. If someone needed to get notified, we would forward the mail to him/her. Since this was time wasting, not everyone in the company was good in archiving mail. As a result, we sometimes lost mail that was important

Hiver makes it very easy to split mailboxes into "projects-labels" and share them with the relevant people that are assigned for each project. So every user has the same labels (labels are super easy to apply), there are no duplicates and everything is accessible all the time since it stays in our inbox for all assigned users.

When a project is complete, we then just select its' label and archive it.

"Hiver Review"

What do you like best?

Hiver offers a unique and efficient way of sharing inboxes and assigning tasks that can help us optimize our internal and external communication.

What do you dislike?

There are features we would like added. Not so much a dislike, as a knowledge that it will be even better soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Hiver app has improved greatly less than a year that we've been working with it, and continues to get better and add functionality as they grow. Their support team is wonderful and responsive, and they are willing to adapt to our needs as well.

We have been able to move to a more efficient team structure within our organization. Having separated mailboxes for each team allows for more directed communication.

Hiver review by Jack B.
Jack B.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, cost effective and very useful for team emails.

What do you dislike?

Support for mobile devices (notes) would be very helpful as several members of our team use emails on their phones. I appreciate this may be a difficult problem to solve, but even read only access to notes would be very useful.

Slightly disappointed that shared contacts is now discontinued as that was a useful feature, however I understand the desire to focus on doing 1 thing well and there are other tools available for this feature (which the Hiver support team were very helpful in recommending)

We required a shared inbox for 3 members of our customer service team which Hiver has solved perfectly. We utilise over 30 shared labels and we now use it for collaboration in other areas of the business. It's an excellent way to share information and present a professional image to the customer.

The notes feature was an added benefit which we were not expecting to use but allows me to answer questions that the team have and allow them to write out the correspondence with the customer.

Hiver review by Cory B.
Cory B.

"Great concept, but incomplete features and lack of support keeps us looking."

What do you like best?

The best part is that our entire team can see ''shared' emails, and jump it at any time. No need to CC anyone. We can all just always see the whole thread.

What do you dislike?

Support is slow. The replies are there, but they are rarely able to solve the problems. Usually the bugs get blamed on Google. Or we are asked to recreate it showing video, screenshots, etc. Unfortunately we don't have time to help troubleshoot, all we can do is describe our issues.

Sharing email is key. It gives clear information across the entire team. We found the 'templates' feature to be helpful as well but we could never really get the formatting to work consistently.

"Hiver Group Email"

What do you like best?

For several years our office struggled with google group emails and offering organized replies. This chaos was solved by installing Hiver.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that "Hivered" emails can sometimes lead to issues with employees who are not a part of the hiver group and don't know that the email is in a hiver box. The problem here is that an email can initially go into a hiver box and then be forwarded to higher level employees who are not a part of the hiver group with comments. If they forward that email with more comments to someone else in the organization, EVERYONE who is a part of the hiver group will be able see their message. You can get around this by changing the subject but we've had some Ut Ohs where things were revealed that we did not need the masses to see. It is a catch 22 because you need hiver to behave this way to get all of the details without always copying everyone.

We are no longer duplicating efforts, we have full visibility on who is working on particular email requests and we have a great database of email conversations that anyone in our group can search to determine actions taken on an email thread.

Hiver review by Carl M.
Carl M.

"We could not work without HIVER!!"

What do you like best?

Our team is made up 2 virtual workers, and 3 here in the office.

What i love about the app, is the visibility it gives me wether I am at my desk or on the road on my phone:- At a glance I can see what people are doing, How customer service issues and projects are progressing and being completed.. We all love how easy it makes collaboration and smooth workflow.

What do you dislike?

If you are going to share a folder that already has a LOT of emails in it with co workers, the software gets grumpy, and you will need to contact Hiver to get them to allow the large number of emails be synced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it will save you time and your colleagues will love the transparency and ease of use

CUSTOMER SERVICE

PROJECT MANAGEMENT - We use the notes facility a lot here

Hiver review by Fanny W.
Fanny W.

"Awesome Shared-email Account tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that no matter whom the task has been assigned to, I still can stay in the loop by doing a simple search in the shared email account

What do you dislike?

the constantly reopening of closed emails when a new user is added to the shared email account.

Keeping track of tasks and making sure response time is within expected organizational guidelines; being able to back-up or follow-up on tasks when a co-worker is out of the office without missing on past email conversations

Hiver review by Julia T.
Julia T.

"My team loves Hiver!"

What do you like best?

We love the great customer service of the Hiver team! We also love these shared inbox features:

-collision detection

-shared labels

-shared notes

-change log for each email

-team visibility

-analytics

-Hiver snooze

-shared templates

What do you dislike?

I think there could be improvements to some of the automations, they are overly simple at the moment and you need to use Gmail filters in conjunction with them in most cases.

We are solving the issue of having too many people in one inbox with no accountability. As a team lead, I am most excited for the visibility I now have into the workflow of my entire team.

Hiver review by Clarissa W.
Clarissa W.

"Love the email tracker!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that when I send an email, all I have to do is turn on the tracker at the bottom of the email and I know when the email has been opened and read. This is my favorite part of Hiver! I also like the fact that I can share an inbox with another user if I ever need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I love everything about Hiver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the email tracker and shared inbox. They are the best parts of Hiver. You can also share labels with your employees or business partners and even have an email come back to you at a certain time after you sent it out.

I know when all of my emails are opened and read and usually know when to expect an email from the person I sent it to.

Hiver review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very useful and time saving "

What do you like best?

- Can create preset templates and save them to saves time.

- Able to share with a team working on the same project- to reduce miscommunication and make sure everyone is conveying the same message.

- Able to share specific templates with specific people - so the relevant people just have to be added to the list when new team members join.

What do you dislike?

Once you have multiple templates, checking which person has access to which templates becomes difficult, as you have to open each email template, and only then can you check who is shared on it.

Takes a lot of time, if team changes on a project.

- Saves time.

- Ensures spell checks/ inaccuracies are checked just once, by one person assigned to the task of making the template, even if multiple people will be using it.

Hiver review by Shin Thu S.
Shin Thu S.

"Lightweight, practical, no fluff"

What do you like best?

Harmonizes beautifully and locally with Gmail

No need to ramp or learn a separate UI

Gets the job done, skipping unnecessary bells and whistles that infect other apps

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far

We haven't the time to explore advanced integrations and rules

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define explicitly what each email status means workwise

"Pending" vs "Open"

Set team goals on what "end of day" queue should look like

Efficiently divide work between agents on a global team, working multiple issues in multiple timezones

Our inbox is both internal client and external client facing

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver trumps Keeping any day!!"

What do you like best?

Hiver is like the Porsche of shared mailboxes, we used keeping for a while and it just isn't worth it. Once we switched to Hiver our share mailbox management was like night and day. We can leave each other easy visible notes, alert each other of task changes, write part of the email and draft it for someone else to finish.

What do you dislike?

The shared labels are not as useful as we had hoped, they are hard to manage and don't do the same thing gmail labels do in our personal inboxes.

All the small support emails used to build up in our inboxes, now they get shared with the team and we don't have to worry about them getting buried in an individuals inbox.

Hiver review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Very helpful for teams!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy email sharing via gmail tags.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Its so simple to use and the support tis great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and keep everything in your inbox instead of adding multiple support/email based ticketing solutions.

We are a very collaborative team, each sharing many roles. Shared email tags make keeping everyone in the loop very easy. Also emails from customers to a generic contact email address get replied to by a person, which they tend to like a lot!

Hiver review by Joy W.
Joy W.

"Keeps my whole day organized!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep track of my tasks. I can focus on what is assigned to me and take internal notes on each email thread.

What do you dislike?

No complaints! I can't think of any features to add because I enjoy the simplicity of the product.

We have a team of people with different specialties. Hiver makes it easy to assign the emails to the right person for that concern.

Hiver review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Shared labels for easier email collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hiver provides a seamless way of sharing folders between teams and colleagues in Gmail. It makes collaboration much easier and eliminates the need for forwarding emails. Our management team finds Hiver particularly useful during the initial stages of a new client lead -- emails to shared labels are automatically labelled for appropriate manager to action and follow up.

What do you dislike?

In the past we've has some syncing issues, and in some cases products may be rolled out too quickly, but the support provided by the Hiver team makes up for it. They're quick to respond, professional and any issues tend to be resolved very quickly.

Removing the walls that are typically erected between each email account -- Hiver allows us to share email so multiple people and teams can view the same email.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver is an Excellent Product for Managing Group Email Accounts"

What do you like best?

There are numerous features that we like about Hiver, but the best features are: (i) the ability to assign to emails to different users and track whether the actions are "Open" or "Pending"; (ii) shared labels and tags; (iii) the social media functionality; and (iv) reporting.

What do you dislike?

Since we are setting up several group email accounts, we would have appreciated advice about how to appropriately set up each account in the most efficient way. For instance, we set up one of our group email accounts as a user, and now we can't change it and will have to keep paying for an extra seat license for as long as we use Hiver. We've also had some difficulty with some users not being able to access shared labels even though they've been added. I would like to report on the number of individual emails -- not just email conversations -- as this would give me a better indication of workload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you receive Guidance from Hiver about how to initially set up the group email accounts, as some decisions cannot be easily changed.

We are solving numerous problems. First, we use Hiver to ensure our organization responds in a timely and appropriate manner to our customers. Second, Hiver is extremely useful in transitioning work to other staff members when folks are sick, on vacation or on FMLA. Third, Hiver simplifies the communications between our clients and our organization.

* We monitor all Hiver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.