Twilio SendGrid Email API

Twilio SendGrid Email API

Twilio SendGrid Email API- Integrate in minutes with our email API.

Work for Twilio SendGrid Email API?

Learning about Twilio SendGrid Email API?

Twilio SendGrid Email API Reviews

Ask Twilio SendGrid Email API a Question
Showing 233 Twilio SendGrid Email API reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Twilio SendGrid Email API
Hector V.

"A good way to do Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The integration of the Wordpress plug-in, this tool is considerably useful with the automatic sending of email when one goes through the moments of promoting new prices, products, emergence of networks, to customers more often often request our services, is quite easy to configure, and to perceive when there is an error in the mail by which it has not been sent to a customer.

What do you dislike?

It would need to improve its search functions, a little simpler the handling that we must make for the control of the application would be nice, functions that are present in Gmail, such as important and prominent emails would also improve the experience to be able to make a difference between emails that receive massively more responses than another, because with time to be updating the emails, no matter how good it is a mail will always require changes to be updated as trends are advancing, it will be difficult to look for the oldest emails that had received responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Starting with email marketing campaigns, will be a good way to start distributing better the services they will offer, bearing in mind that it takes some time to prepare the content of that email depending on who it is aimed at, as not everyone will have the same needs.

We have reached an optimal level of sending email campaigns, the responses we received increased considerably, making the number of customers also rise, with this we stop focusing unnecessary details in emails until they have made contact to go into more detail with the services they were looking for. A solution of time invested in a large amount of mail.

What Email Deliverability solution do you use?

Chance F.

"Excellent performance, features, and documentation"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility and range of solutions that Sendgrid offers. I appreciate the Sendgrid platform provides SBMSCloud the ability to integrate email into our proprietary customer management solution as well as providing a suite of ready made solutions to assist with our marketing activities.

Additionally, the technical capabilities and documentation provided by Sendgrid are the best I have found!

What do you dislike?

To date, I haven't found any service or tool provided by Sendgrid which I disliked. Their tools and services have functioned one hundred percent and their pricing is reasonable. No complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the documentation - I have found everything I need in the documentation that Sendgrid provides. Make sure you are following the correct version of the API.

The Sendgrid platform allows me to integrate custom email solutions into the applications I provide to my customers. We are also working on our first marketing campaign with Sendgrid and the process has been smooth, responsive, and logical for our needs.

Ashish K.

"Best Email Service Provider Out There"

What do you like best?

- It will greatly increase your Email Deliverability.

- Very easy to use and configure. Has a very good User Interface.

- I use it for sending out Email Marketing Campaigns for many restaurateurs and retailers.

- It is very easy to use and has extensive APIs.

- It has a very good and prompt Customer Service. I have always had my queries/issues resolved at the earliest in a Chat session

What do you dislike?

Right now I am not using their marketing campaign API to send out email marketing campaigns, instead I use their default email sending API since Marketing campaign API is a very big hassle.

Also Lack of an alternative to webhooks is a catch here but I guess their Tech Team will soon develop something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can afford it, Don't think, just go for it. It will be the best pick of all the Email Providers since they have a very dedicated team of Customer Service, they will respond to all your queries and get you up and running in a jiffy.

We send out Email Marketing Campaigns based on Retargeting to get conversions for our clientele who are basically mid and large size restaurateurs and retailers in India.

Alexandre D.

"We send around 700k transactionnal emails per month using SendGrid"

What do you like best?

We slowly scaled up a new service that required a LOT of transactionnal emails to be sent, over the past 5 years. From a few thousands on the first months, we're now at ~700k emails per month.

SendGrid's SMTP service takes all of our transactionnal emails really fast, with no downtime, and manage to send them to the vast majority of our users, with a great API and webhooks to monitor and report back when mail bounces.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would be easier to check the state of our IPs, especially see if it got on blacklists, but mostly see what SendGrid is doing when that happens, so we can know if they act to keep their IP off blacklists.

We needed a safe, easy to scale up and low cost way to send a lot of transactionnal emails. With SendGrid our profit margin is higher that using our own equipments, and our maintenance is almost null.

Jose M.

"Managing email notifications in a patient portal."

What do you like best?

Our favorite feature is the ability to setup a new customer in a minimum period of time, knowing that we don't have to deal ourselves with deriverability, reputation management, etc.

Also important is to track whether the email was successfully delivered, rejected, delayed, marked as spam, etc.

What do you dislike?

It used to be a problem the restriction to create new sub-users. We had several incidents where our customers were waiting to be able to use our program because we reached the amount of sub-users that Sendgrid will allow us to have. It would take from a couple of hours, up to an entire day for us to solve that problem. Our limit is set to a higher value now, so we haven't had that problem in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sendgrid email is a most if you want to let others send email through you and you don't want to deal with the setup of all the infrastructure needed. Also, you have the peace of mind that, if some of your customers start sending spam, they are not going to affect the operation of some other well behave customers.

We allow our customers to send email to their customers. We don't want that a rogue customer can affect the operation of other customers.

We started with our own SMTP server, but having to maintain it was a resource drag that was not worth the money we could save by handling email ourselves.

Brandon B.

"Easy to Implement"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to implement SendGrid. I can send emails in just a few minutes. There's multiple ways to implement it into our Laravel applications (SMTP or the API). We integrated with SMTP - the documentation on setting it up was very straightforward. Took less than 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to deal with reporting. The reporting tools have change drastically in the past year and a half. I do like the changes you have made, but the amount of data is reduced to just 3 days and it takes longer to pull the data I need.

Biggest complaint:

Data is only stored for 3 days. I know it costs a lot of money to keep large amounts of data for clients, but I would like to search at least 1-2 weeks of data for a product I pay monthly. Even if it's just basic data (like sends, opens and clicks). I don't necessarily need all of the other data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SendGrid is very easy to setup and integrate into your existing servers. I can only speak to its transactional sending abilities, but all of our transactional emails have been sent for years without issue.

We needed to send transactional emails (password reset, purchase receipts and event reminders). We are able to send these email effortlessly.

Chris B.

"Simple, reliable, bulletproof"

What do you like best?

I primarily use the SendGrid API equipping websites with reliable email delivery. SendGrid's WordPress plugin takes minutes to set up and is completely reliable. The cativity activity installed by the plugin in the WordPress dashboard makes it easy to see that delivery is happening as expected. The plugin makes it easy to verify correct setup and see that my clients are, indeed, receiving a flow of email (even when I am not the recipient).

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about SendGrid. If there were any room for improvement, it would be simplifying the user interface in the web dashboard. I do sometimes need to dig around to find things. One possible improvement might be to add a way to star or favorite frequently used sections. For instance, I'm typically interested in reviewing existing APIs or generating new ones. Being able to favorite these functions would be faster than digging through several levels of menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's never a downside to improved email deliverability.

MOst people don't realize how poor mail delivery can be using the default services provided by website hosts. Most of my clients are online to generate leads, and there simply no room for a dropped transactional email or missing contact form enquiries. Using the SendGrid WordPress plugin and SendGrid API simply makes these problems go away. Since adopting the SendGrid mail API, I've had literally zero client complaints about lost transactional emails or undelivered contact form enquiries.

Joseph M.

"Good service flexible platrorm"

What do you like best?

everything is straight forward and intuitive

Ther r was easy to find guidance online and sendgrid resources were easy to follow for someone who knows nothing about the platform.

The website was always well presented and there was no issue finding help in the website.

I really dont have anything else to share about send grid. my experience was a bit more limited

What do you dislike?

Not many suggestions on application of your many tools

Not knowing anything about the platform there was nothing that caught me or suggested I use other features.

I was able to get done specificially what I went in to do but I didint find any other interesting tools along the way

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be useful if Send Grid provided more information or promotional suggestions on how else the platform can be applied. For the less educated user I had to jump back to youtube for alot of basic explanations on the use of send grid. We did have a sort of unconventional use of the platform but we do use other vendors for email newsletters and blasts, we didnt give any thought to turning to you for other support in the area.

we had a text platform set up through twilio and another platform we use for scheduling. send grid bridged the gap between apis for us\

with the send grid integrations we were able to connect two of our most used platforms

There wasnt much else that send grid helped us with beyod that

Joshua B.

"Sendgrid works flawlessly with everything I already use."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to get started. I plugged my sendgrid info into the shopping cart system I use, and it was firing off receipt emails in minutes for me (with better email deliverability than I've seen in ages).

What do you dislike?

I'm not a power user, so I haven't come across anything so far that didn't work perfectly right out the gate. If I had to nitpick though, I guess I'd pick different typography for their website ;-P

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd say that you should see if the tools you already use can integrate with SendGrid - if you're like me I think you'll notice that your transactional emails really benefit in terms of sending speed, deliverability, and inboxing.

So far I'm mostly just using it for transactional emails to my customers (although I also have a handful of cart abandonment email sequences).

I'm starting to test it for marketing broadcasts this week, because I've heard great things from colleagues.

Kelly D.

"Reliable and Scalable Marketing and Transactional email capabilities"

What do you like best?

All-in one transactional and marketing email solution that appeals to both developers and marketers. Easy to integrate API triggers into external sites / apps and also easy to integrate with 3rd party marketing stack providers. Full suite of solutions from managing marketing lists to creating campaigns or transactional triggers. Category-based transactional reporting gives me lots of flexibility in how to roll up /aggregate reporting data. Robust activity exports out to other marketing stack tools for open / click / send based segments.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see reporting developed out even further. e.g. more robust report data export options, more ways to slice and dice and analyze reporting data from the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how your data is managed, overlay your internal processes for setting up, creating and measuring campaigns. Consider taking in the SendGrid open / click export data as it is valuable to have and use in ways that you can't always do within the campaign UI. Think about how your programs divide up between marketing and transactional and which platform you will mail from. For example, I manage all our data in Simon Data and use SendGrid's transactional platform for both marketing and transactional emails but I have dedicated IPs for each message type.

Integrating a multi-layer marketing stack that leverages disparate data sources and tools to create a unified and robust customer communications and marketing platform. Great value for cost.

Dino M.

"Excellent API and User Interface"

What do you like best?

Their robust API has SDK's in every programming language I would need it for, and they have a fully responsive, well designed back-end that allows you easily manage all aspects of their service. The back-end user interface is a pleasure to work with, and i'm easily able to integrate their services into my code.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I dislike about the service, it's done nothing but solve problems for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

When deploying websites on Google Cloud Compute Engine, you are not able to send mail through PHP. I solve this problem by using SendGrid to handle all e-mails going out. In fact, i'm able to easily track problems if e-mails don't get delivered. I can search by e-mail address and find out why an e-mail bounced.

Cindy B.

"Phenomenal deliverability"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has exceptional deliverability - around 99% in my experience. No other email provider even comes close.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike so much as a "wishlist." I wish it were easier to use it as a full-on autoresponder, rather than having to also have a "front end" through my shopping cart or other more user friendly interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's well worth the cost, but if you're not technically inclined, definitely get someone else to set it up for you.

The biggest issue for me was that new customers weren't receiving their welcome email/login details. We had a ton of customer service issues because of it, but once we integrated Sendgrid with our cart, those issues have pretty much vanished. Now it's rare that we hear from a customer who didn't get their login credentials.

OBX S.

"Quick, Easy, Powerful Marketing Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The Marketing Campaigns engine that SendGrid rolled out has a number of benefits for the business owner that doesn't want to get into API code. The Marketing Campaigns drag-and-drop editor is easy to learn and quick to navigate. After building your first campaign, you can easily duplicate it and not have to build each campaign from scratch. You get 2000 free contacts and once your business grows to sending more emails per month, you can upgrade. Nice feature for startups. The metrics are very expandable - you can view your open rate, clicks, and unsubscribes all in one screen. You can even drill down to what types of devices that your customers are viewing your email on. Keeping your contact list slim and clean is simple by viewing your bounces, spam reports, and invalid emails in a simple screenflow. Chop and drop or review your contacts for validity. So much more available, we would suggest you give it a try! Beats ConstantContact, MailChimp and other more costly, simple email creators - plus your emails won't carry their branding!

What do you dislike?

We tried signing up for the Partners program to become an affiliate. We were directed to a simple contact form, filled it out, but never heard from anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run the trial first and see if its right for you. Then, upgrade incrementally.

Email Marketing; the benefits are increased customer engagement, web traffic increase, and conversion rate of purchases has increased.

Peter L.

"A robust transactional email provider"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has become my default mechanism for sending emails from applications. Rather than deal with the uncertainties of having an SMTP server available, and the headaches of network issues, its great to be able to configure my applications to just send this off to a service that does it all for me.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to really get the answers you need when you need them with send grid because their UI has so much available to it. This is both a blessing and a curse. I am still getting a feel on my own for how to manage my processes better and take full advantage of what they have to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product if you need the capability. It is not for the casual, non-technical user to administer though.

I use Send Grid to send all my emails from my applications. Even those third party apps I setup that require an SMTP server, I can give them the credentials for a SendGrid SMTP. My own APIs make full use of the API. And while I use MailChimp currently for my email marketing, I am looking forward to trying out Send Grid when I have a change.

My big plus with SendGrid is the presence of web hooks. I can, and have, configured email addresses to point to SendGrid and had a webhook then post that information to a webpage I have written for processing and storage. This is amazingly useful technology.

Ryan C.

"Non-Technical Reviewer But Still a Fan"

What do you like best?

I use SendGrid to send emails from within AirTable. The integration works great. Statistics on whether the emails are being opened or not are generally not my top priority. Even so, I do occasionally check SendGrid to see how many of the emails are being opened and it is nice to see that all of that is being tracked.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have with the software right now is that AirTable does not include an interface that allows for sending HTML emails. Thus, all my emails are plain text. If I could embed links and make some things bold, that would be a huge improvement.

I can send targeted emails to subsets of the people I work with. It's awesome!

John F.

"SendGrid: Long Overdue Solution for Us"

What do you like best?

There are a number of strong features in SendGrid. The top two we probably benefit from the most are the API and the reporting. The API makes it simple for our SaaS platform to send e-mails - both from our system to clients, and from our system on behalf of clients (e.g. marketing e-mails). And the API is simple to use and can be integrated in a matter of hours.

What do you dislike?

The last I reviewed their features, the tools they provide to manage sub-users could be more well developed. We create sub-users to represent each of our clients so that we can track their activity separately. Note: the sub-user feature may be more developed now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To be honest, I am not familiar with all of competing products on the market - I know there are at least a couple that would probably give SendGrid strong competition. But we have felt that SendGrid provides good value for money, has helped us reduce development time in regard to messaging, and intend to continue working with their platform.

There are a number of ways to send e-mail messages programatically. But SendGrid gives our messaging efforts and sound structure. But probably the greatest benefit is the reporting. Tracking things like e-mail opens and bounces takes a lot of development time. SendGrid takes care of these issues for you - allowing you to focus on your core business objectives.

David C.

"Robust transactional email service with amazing support and features"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily determine why particular emails fail to deliver is extremely powerful. Also the notifications that can be configured to warn on you on any delivery failure are very nice to have. Using SendGrid with multiple different systems and be being able to setup separate API keys for each one is extremely powerful and important for security.

What do you dislike?

The historical view of emails sent could be a bit quicker for overall loading of the list, but due to the wealth of information it offers on each email this is an acceptable concession.

Simple method to send and log transaction emails sent from multiple systems without adding further complexity and need for extra logging methods.

John A.

"Bulletproof, maintenance and great features"

What do you like best?

It 'just works' and has transparent pricing that we can rely on. As a basic transactional email provider they are great but where sendgrid really shines is when you start using some of the more advanced features like email templates and marketing. We send 50k to 100k+ transactional emails each month with no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

Support responses are a bit 'canned' when there are platform issues and sometimes the transactional template index gets out of sync and can be difficult to deal with but this is rare and eventually, platform issues resolve. We are probably just catching the tail end of software updates when we see things like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware, they were recently purchased by another company and that can spell the end of this service.

We use the sendgrid email api for 3 purposes:

1) Transactional emails from all of our tools

2) Templates with dynamic variables. This allows all of our tools to share the same transactional library of emails. Makes maintenance and expansion super easy.

3) Localized emails: since you can have so many email templates we use this to send localized emails to our users. This has really increased click-through for us since much of our audience is global.

Alex G.

"Incredibly efficient"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that i can track what clients have received my emails and which haven't great way to help clean out my database. i also like how i can attach this to my current database and everyone can benefit from the services provided by sendgrid without having to access my account.

What do you dislike?

to this point i would like to see a more user friendly way to make campaigns. i use mailchimp for my campaigns but i would love it if they could come out of sendgrid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

seek out for costumer service help they are awesome. definitely the easiest to use API. no need to learn a new system without having anything change on your current database you just keep working without other people even noticing the change. security is well maintained so your contacts are your contacts

no one needs to log in to my sendgrid in order to be able to use it with the API we have applied to our database. a lot of the other problems is the time of delivery, compared to our old service provider, send grid has the fastest and more email to go out at once.

Daniel D.

"Reasonable service"

What do you like best?

Getting setup and running was a smooth and seamless process. We switched over from Mandrill after they decided to combine the product with MailChimp and increase pricing. SendGrid even offered a similar plan with free credits to make the switch a no-brainer. Soon after we started paying for an account due to increased Email sending. However from the first level to the next is a big price increase for a small business getting started.

Being a small niche SaaS product and having the white labelling functionality is great, helps out customers trust in us more which is a huge benefit.

Tracking covers a lot of statuses which is great at an overview, however there is also times where this is inaccurate.

We use the SendGrid API as well as SMTP and found it super simple to setup with a number of libraries available and good documentation.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been too much to dislike at this point.

We have had some minor problems with SMTP timeouts from time to time but they normally recover after a few minutes, not really ideal for some of our messages.

Support can be slow to respond to questions from time to time.

Had issues with shared IPs being blacklisted and being at the mercy of SendGrid to resolve or pay the huge jump in price for a small business getting started without funding to get a dedicated IPs and a Pro account.

Needing to have a PRO account for sub user management.

We allow our customers to craft their own internal emails to send to their own employees using the API and also send app based transactional emails using SMTP relay.

"Works like a charm"

What do you like best?

SendGrid handles all of the technical email aspects so I don't have to be an expert on it. It's one less thing off my plate. I love the stats SendGrig provides allowing me to see how many emails were opened, undelivered, or even marked as spam so I can easily clean up my email list. I also love being able to get a copy of every email sent through the API to be able to monitor what is being sent out from our server.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far. I have not run into any problems and their documentation is great if you are ever unsure how to do something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

These guys know all the technical ins and outs of email so you don't have to. They also offer a free service if your volume is low so you can try it out risk free without any cost or commitment.

We are sending email through the SendGrid API from our server. We are able to easily monitor what goes out and view stats on email sent. Their costs are very reasonable or even free depending on your volume needs.

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Saved my site!"

What do you like best?

Send Grid does a great job sending all of the emails for my site. I have tens of thousands of visitors each month who receive emails and send grid helps me. It saves my site from being marked as spam and helps ensure that emails get delivered favorably. It also sped up my site because when I was processing all those emails through my own server, my site was failing constantly.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issues with Send Grid - someone set it up for me and my site has run well with SendGrid ever since!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I had someone set mine SendGrid up. I don't believe it is difficult but I delegated to someone I know could do it quickly and easily.

By sending emails it has helped my site stay up and running. When my own server was sending the transactional emails, my server would fail. Send Grid keeps me in business by sending the emails and also by making sure they are delivered favorably and my server is not marked as a spam server.

Ari B.

"SendGrid transactional/marketing email service"

What do you like best?

The user friendliness of the UI is outstanding, reliable& stable service, plenty of tools for customization, well documented API, excellent deliverability, great tools for import, edit, name, rename, segmentating contact lists, great automation unsubscribers management, excellent email campaign building logics.

In other words: Great value for money!

What do you dislike?

Lack of tools to generate email workflow based on recipients reactions and time intervals.

Lack of initial wizard to help the user to fine tune the system for optimizing mail deliverability

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

We have SAAS ERP solution. We use Sendgrid for two different purposes:

1. Our system is using sendgrid transactional mail sevice (Through sendgrid API) for sending emails on behalf of our subscribers for various needs (invoice sending for example) .

2. We use the marketing campaign system directly, through user interface, by importing lead lists and creating campaigns for them based on segments to improve ctr and conversion rates.

Eric C.

"Reliability in email"

What do you like best?

My website sends a fair bit of email to customers related to services that they are getting from me--confirmations, reminders, cancellations. It is essential that they receive these emails and I have found that my messages ALWAYS get through. I never hear from customers that my email goes to the spam folder. It is delivered and I value that highly. I also really value the open tracking and click tracking that Sendgrid provides as it better enables me to see that customers are actually getting and engaging with my messages. I found out about Sendgrid through my use of Microsoft Azure and while I don't use Azure anymore, I have stuck with Sendgrid.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to be able to track emails from a while back and I have not found a way to get access to a full history of sent emails and whether they have been opened.

I do not use the Email API. My connnection to SendGrid is via SMTP.

Learn more about Twilio SendGrid Email API

Twilio SendGrid Email API Videos

Learning about Twilio SendGrid Email API?

* We monitor all Twilio SendGrid Email API reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.