Freshservice

Freshservice is an easy to use IT service desk and ITSM solution designed using ITIL best practices that enables organizations to focus on exceptional service delivery.

Work for Freshservice?

Learning about Freshservice?

Freshservice Reviews

Ask Freshservice a Question
Showing 493 Freshservice reviews
Brian E.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Freshservice
Josue Alexis A.

"The best features of Freshservice"

What do you like best?

What I like about freshservice is the life cycles in all its modules, such as incidents, changes, releases.

This helps a lot since it is very associated with ITIL and helps a lot.

On the other hand, the part of the CMBD is very complete and very easy to fill, whether through the agent or an importer.

It really is very friendly and very efficient.

The way to categorize and times in the help desk is very good and easy to customize

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike, the only thing I could say that I would like is that the translations to other languages are more accurate and on the other hand the power to edit some things that are as default.

I did not like it that at the beginning there was not so much information, but now this does not happen anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very friendly, the implementation is very simple and according to the use one learns more in the tool.

I am adapting the tool to my processes and that can be a great advantage since my operation will be more efficient, it is not a problem but I am adapanto the cliclo of life.

Having everything aligned to ITIL helps and you can use it in an ISO certification process.

What Service Desk solution do you use?

Dawie M.

"The best ticket system for SMEs on the market"

What do you like best?

The most intuitive system I have ever had the pleasure of using. The system is remarkably customizable, and you do not need a system administrator or expert to configure the customizations. It is so intuitive that any person with minimal experience on the system can figure out how to configure it to your company's needs. We have a team of 8 support engineers and they all took to the system very enthusiastically. The user interface is superb, and the company has been in the market for so long that they have literally thought of everything. If you have a unique business case, like we did, it is most probable that they have already encountered it and have an out of the box solutions. My experience with their developers was phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

The system is slightly more expensive than its nearest competitor. Which makes selling it to managers a little more difficult. But, the expense is justified. With the competitors in its market, a dedicated onsite developer is required, and installment and deployment time is 3-4 times longer. While FreshService is so easy to use, that any user or administrator can configure or change any settings, functions, workflows or processes with absolutely minimal effort. And, if you do require more assistance, 24x7x365 support is readily available and the support cost included in the monthly fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have become a FreshService evangelist in a very short time. So, I recommend this service to everyone!

We are a multiple service provider for large networking and connectivity giants. Freshservice is our service desk system to route and resolve incidents.

Eduardo L.

"Great tool but it feels like a "In Progress" experience"

What do you like best?

The user interface, friendly graphics and customization and the mobile apps. The third party apps integration is a "winner" feature. If fresh by itself can't or don't have a "native" integration, you can search for an app and maybe that would do the trick! It's nice to see software willing to share their functionalities with another companies, that tell you a lot of the philosophy and vision of the company. Always willing to give more to the community and work with others, that is a very strong point for them.

What do you dislike?

It constantly feels like a "Tool in progress", I've encounter a lot of flaws and restrains, I think they could add more "customize" tools and not to "force" the user to work like they think is the best way to do it. Every company is different and they try to standardize the whole process and operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any ITSM software, the most important thing to do with them is extracting data and personalization, try and test both.

So far, tracking tickets, problems, changes and assets. Also, the integration with other tools/software.

Rob D.

"Customizable and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Just about any workflow can be tailored with custom statuses. Administrators can automate many simple and even complex help desk tasks and tie into other online services through web hooks and APIs. Integrations with other products we use such as Google Hangouts, so we can communicate directly with the ticket requester.

What do you dislike?

The inability to use a separate email for notifications to users instead of a single email that also opens tickets. Merging tickets is not the easiest process out there. Tasks from Projects and Tickets are not very visible. Projects are too broad, and require a lot of work just to get the project tailored properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can automate so many different things. For example, we have an automation set up to send a web hook to another software to notify our on-call rotation when specific levels of tickets are raised. It makes on-call so much more simple.

We were looking for an open, accessible way to maintain visibility and tracking of projects, service requests, and trouble tickets. This platform has met those needs perfectly. We're also able to keep track of our equipment through the inventory management portion of the software. It allows us to keep track of where assets are, which user is in possession of what assets, and keep track of the major software installed on each asset. It has helped us visualize which computers need upgrade or replacement due to out of date operating systems.

Marie W.

"Delivery of high quality services."

What do you like best?

It fascinates me because you can maintain an excellent database for all the activities in progress and solve problems with simple searches. The portal and its navigation are easy to use; In addition, if you ever need help or have a question, the support team is available immediately. Another important fact that makes this program fantastic is that you can create your own forms, indicate the anticipated delivery and specify the costs.

What do you dislike?

Freshservice does not have such a wide integration library, basically it is not a bigger problem but I would like to improve this element. In addition, adding more reports would be good since the available reports are very restrictive. I would only complain about this pair of things, the rest is an effective program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it stands out in problem management, change management and launch management; I think it is important that the information that is entered in the system can help to make decisions, solve problems and monitor the return on investment. It is also very suitable users they want to access information such as tips, configuration standards and verify the status of their own tickets.

In DockYard Inc we have been able to create workflows and customized scenarios for very different support teams with this excellent program, besides that the automation options and the general flexibility of the product are also very positive characteristics that bring us benefits.

Matt W.

"Great system for managing a Service Desk and improving all the time!"

What do you like best?

The ability to track tickets (incidents and service requests), assets, problems and changes all in one place.

Additionally, the UI is mostly great and intuitive and the support staff at Freshservice are friendly and helpful.

The Workflow Automator is also fantastic as it allows you to modify and route tickets according to your own criteria.

What do you dislike?

There is some UI clunkiness, mainly in constructing search criteria however I'm sure these will be addressed soon. Their rolling release cycle and constant updates have ironed out many of my previous gripes. They seem to listen to requests for new features and UI tweaks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Freshservice is doing a lot of things right and is continually improving. It's our total solution for Service Desk management and integrates really well with other services and software.

Freshservice allows us to manage all of our Service Desk tickets and Assets in one place and has really useful analytics and reports. Self-service for users is facilitied by the ability to write solution articles

It is an invaluable tool for our small team when managing our large user base and managing their expectations.

Zach D.

"Very Solid and Customizeable platform"

What do you like best?

Workflow automator capable of many tasks. Wide array of plugins. Intuitive interface. Intuitive and fairly powerful Analytics interface (skip the reporting tool for complicated stuff, go straight to the more powerful Analytics tool.) Highly customizable in both aesthetic and function. So much of the portal just works....which is huge. While I'm going to list a bunch of criticisms, that's because this portal is so tantalizingly close to being perfect that I'm listing *everything* I could possibly want.

What do you dislike?

SLA's cannot be run against custom ticket-fields.

SLA's offer setting up multiple "business hours" policies, but those policies are necessarily tied to a group(s). Would be nice to be able to apply different business hour-policies according to conditions we define (say, we want tickets with the value "A" in a custom field to be supported 12-hours a day, but those with "B" in the custom field we want the 8-hour business hours to apply.

The Workflow Automator can conditionally set "Priority" field, but cannot set the "Impact" and "Urgency" fields the portal uses to determine the Priority via the Priority Matrix. That said, you can just build your own matrix using custom fields and do it that way...you just need to then disable the Default Priority Matrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the closest thing to the "perfect portal" I have come across.

We've had to compromise on a few minor things, but overall this has been the most capable portal I have used.

inventory management, ticketing, ITSM

Darren P.

"Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The time between submitting a support ticket and receiving a response was great. The tech confirmed the issue right away and completed the customization I was looking for within a very short timeframe.

I was really impressed

What do you dislike?

There are some great features with FreshService but some of them almost feel beta at times and need to be expanded upon.

Reporting I would say is the weakest part of FreshService. I wish there was more customizable reports and not have to be in a graph format

FreshService allows our firm an easily accessible tool for our employees to submit IT related issues to the IT dept. We have been able to report on how many tickets we receive on a monthly basis, track our inventory, share a knowledge base with the employees on how to fix common issues.

This has really improved efficiency of the IT dept and the employees of the firm as a whole

Tomas M.

"Rapid deployment and fully featured"

What do you like best?

Good software doesn't need a manual. This is actually the case with Freshservice. Especially if you compare it to other IT Servicedesk solutions.

Especially the speed and ease of implementing is remarkeable.

The service desk of Fresh is also very responsive and cooperative.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing to dislike. I am still discovering reporting. Potentially a few more standard reports on assets (e.g. on operating system) may be useful

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The solutions is highly recomendable for organisations that start from zero. You can start easy and gradually build up.

Other organisation with more mature support processes should first consider simplifying their existing processes before going to Fresh (which is an advice indepdendent of going to Fresh or not ;-)

We are mostly using is for following up internal ICT tickets.

We will be expanding it further:

- Smaller projects that are closely related to incoming tickets

- Following end user tickets in relation to project go lives

- Asset management

Adam W.

"Best ticketing system I've used"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which you can reply to people and include others in responses. It's extremely easy to do any task you need to do within a ticket management system.

I love the Freshchat support, on the rare occasion we have an issue or query we get an immediate response.

The tickets and queues work really well, I love how user can just email the support address and it will automatically log a ticket. I've worked at many companies and used many ticketing systems and this one just does all of the little things the others don't.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike it but I feel the asset management portion could do with a bit of a rehaul, and perhaps even have integration with something like SCCM implemented.

It's all a very manual process of assigning assets and it would be easier if you could just change the user it was assigned to and then it then records an audit log of this. Currently I manually have to go in, change the asset assignment, location, add a note to say what ticket it is related to, change the last audit date, last assigned date etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a service desk tool for your organisation this is easily the best one. I've used Supportworks, Landesk, MindIT amongst others and this far exceeds them.

Having a cloud based ticketing system has been amazing, users can log tickets from anywhere and access our service portal.

We also use the reporting tools within to identify trends and problems with our IT Infrastructure which has helped us improve our service.

We also use this as an asset management tool to track our devices, a definite upgrade from using an MS Access database.

Kensei K.

"Very useful tool for IT operations management"

What do you like best?

It's very useful for many sorts of things. The thing that we primarily use it for would be for ticketing management. In this regard it's very good because you can filter by user, requester, agents, departments, date, etc which allows you to be able to efficiently know which tickets need to be done at what time and who is submitting them. I really enjoy the ease of use for the product as new people who join the company is able to catch on to using this service very quickly as well.

What do you dislike?

I would say that sometimes there are issues when it comes to connectors. Currently, we have a connector set up with Salesforce which is not working properly. We reached out to the support and they stated that the connector for Salesforce is currently not working so they are working on getting that resolved. Since salesforce is a large part of our team it does make things more difficult without the connector.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it if you need all of the components, such as ticket services, asset tracking, etc and not just for one component, as they all tie in very well together.

We use Freshservice for many things. To name a few: ticket management, asset tracking, reporting, change management. We use it primarily for our IT operations team as our foundational platform, and then have other applications such as Jira and Salesforce that are synced with Freshservice.

Crystal S.

"Easy to Admin! Support team is Always Helpful!"

What do you like best?

When I attended the Fresh Service Summit in 2018, I found I was one of the few that were not in the IT profession. As a project manager, I was quickly able to pick up how to Navigate and Admin to build our fresh desk out for many different kinds of groups. Fresh Service support is always so quick to respond. There are wish list items that are sometimes still in development but the support staff strives to think outside the box and are honest about current abilities.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a quick way to see new developments in quick videos. I find the videos really helpful and would love to see a series of "Did you know that Fresh Service Can do this?". I find we often use applications within Fresh Service in unique ways and if I was provided tips, it could really help our internal team use fresh service to its full potential.

Transparency, Tracking and One roof where all of our corporate team can work together to support our requestors.

Nicholas S.

"An amazing IT Service Desk Experience"

What do you like best?

I like that I have one place for my Helpdesk Emails, Assets, Requesters, Contracts/POs. Previously having a helpdesk email and ticketing system seperate is horrible with keeping up on ticket creation. Now all my tickets are created and tracked automatically.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything I dislike exactly. I wish i had more customization for the self service portal, but its because we are at a lower tier of subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the demo and you will fall in love. I really have found the product to be amazing and the new integrations coming out all the time make it that much better.

I'm solving being a great IT Service Desk and providing a great face for IT to the business. The benefits I realized are the ease of use and how easy it has made my job with one easy to use tool.

Lee S.

"Freshservice was the IT Service Desk solution we didn't know we needed."

What do you like best?

Freshservice moved us into this century with our Help Desk ticketing system. Not only did it move us past our old, broken way of doing things, it provided us with features and solutions that we didn't even know we needed. It has increased our efficiency way beyond what we anticipated. It makes issues and their solutions so much easier to find, and pass on to the client seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the disconnect that happens from the client when assigning the ticket to an agent/technician creates confusion as the client replies to us, but it goes to the technician...or the technician replies to us (as they get it in an email, but in fact we don't receive it back in an obvious way since we are no longer assigned the ticket and Freshervice just puts it as part of the conversation in the existing ticket that we no longer see unless we go looking for it or 'watch' it. It's a minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. You'll like it. Like any new software, there is a learning curve, but it's very small compared to other, similar software. Well worth the investment. It has been a game-changer for us.

Our technicians communication with the client has increased in clarity and expediency by a large magnitude. Our ability to track and fix issues has also increased exponentially. The easy Solutions area makes communicating a much speedier proposition, and time is saved to move on to new issues or tasks. It has organized our process to an amazing degree.

Mark T.

"FreshService is a great ticketing system."

What do you like best?

The design and the abilities of the portal are nice. They're constantly improving. Any issues you find can be and will be fixed if you report it to their support.

You can also suggest features to them, on which they will be happy to consider and implement if they see it fit for their platform.

Their automated reporting tool is absolutely fantastic, you can pull a lot of data about your agents/groups with extreme ease.

What do you dislike?

Maybe not all of their guides are up to date, but they're keen to resolve that issue if you reach out to them.

Asset management is still limited and could be improved to allow better hiring process to take place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FreshService is easy to use and they are constantly improving along with having a great design.

It's straight forward, so I'd recommend doing even a trial run on it to see how you like it.

Their in-house App store is also great, it allows you to integrate several supporting tools,reporting tools, chatting tools, calendar and meeting tools into your every day life with FreshService.

I was hired when we were migrated from a different platform, but FreshService for me seems much more intuitive than the ticketing systems I've used in the past at my previous companies.

Benefits are that the platform is easy to use, and our users are liking it.

FreshService's business scaleability for each business need is great.

Matthew H.

"Freshservice has an excellent user front end, very flexible and great for managing our service desk."

What do you like best?

Usability for general staff and students, especially with the availibiliity with an application on mobile devices. Cloud availabilty so not reliant with on-premise hardware.

Constant feature and quality of life updates.

What do you dislike?

Reporting can be a little inflexible for our needs. This could be down to our initial installation as it was done in house.

Pricing has never been looked at since we adopted Freshservice, it does not seem to reward loyalty as we were quite an early adopter to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time designing the flow of your service desk. There are hundreds of features that will save you time, money and improve customer service but these need to be well thought out and planned.

We put every first line technical job through Freshsrvice and analyse data to see where problems lie.

Chris B.

"A User of Many Helpdesk systems"

What do you like best?

This is by far the most intuitive helpdesk system I've used. Many systems are very clunky and lack the flexibility to adapt to company requirements. Very easy to change parts of the system to suit our needs. Very simple to use and with an App that gives you the same functionality as if you were using it in the browser. Great for field engineers which most systems lack.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really a lot to dislike about this product. It works straight out of the box and we're forever building up on what we have to offer more services such as the service catalog to our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certainly give it a try, the trial is free and gives you full functionality to try it out. Can use it straight out of the box with no setup. We had our field engineer go straight ahead and start testing directly form iOS devices to.

We're a very small IT team dealing with all types of issues across the UK. Whether it be projects, new installations or simple technical faults. The benefits are that our users are able to see the updates and log tickets directly into the system which provides better reporting to management.

Charles C.

"Fantastic Service Without Hard work"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of setup and go is nice.

It takes no effort to provide the basic services needed and gives room to grow without question.

Definitely less expensive than other options without losing functionality.

Support is Extremely knowledgable

What do you dislike?

Support can take a little longer than wanted

some functionality is price locked but the ones that are really wanted can be significantly more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic product especially for the price. Consider the Growth potential as well as the Roadmap in store. not to mention the Features that are requested.

Helpdesk Support with incident and Service Requests is the primary reason we purchased this SaaS.

Its Simpler and does more work than our previous Service by leaps and bounds. Being able to Round Robin tickets as well as Decrease ticket flow due to extra emails from cced people has been Extremely beneficial.

Anwar M.

"A tool that is essential for every IT department "

What do you like best?

It has improved the productivity of IT department, by tracking and following up every issues by our agent through portal result in excellent customer service to the other internal departments in the organization. it created an healthy competition between the agent to be on top of reports by month end, Help desk at glance report that we can present to the management and reveal our work loads

What do you dislike?

Pricing- service offered on basic package is limited comparing to other competitive package. eg: mullti email channel is not available on basic package while competitive product' basic package has same functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please have a hotline number for support

Day to Day IT Technical support issues - Our Management is aware what IT departments are doing by simply looking at the report

Braden J.

"Awesome service"

What do you like best?

I love that the software is so easy to use and whenever help is needed I get fast and simple responses from the team that help me greatly, we evaluated several different solutions and this was the best overall no question and it was the best choice for out company

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of ticket views by default, wish I could delete some of those

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have some templates created for companies who are not good at coding and can't customise pages quite like they want it to

Give them options to choose from

Much easier communication with end users and that they think it is super simple and laid out

Love the solutions page have saved us a lot of time when it's simple stuff they can do

Robert D.

"Fresh Service"

What do you like best?

I like the range of filtering options available for viewing tickets, which are very powerful. I also like the integrations supported, including SSO with Google and Jamf Pro for asset management.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to maintain multiple conversations in a single thread - for example a conversation with an end user about a broken device, and a separate but related conversation with the vendor about a replacement - since the reply button forces the reply goes to the person who logged the ticket. While you can use the forward button, this doesn't maintain a consistent track of the email chain, so replies, etc. get cut out and the conversation can be disjointed.

We use Fresh Service for tickets and change management primarily and will soon begin using it for asset management.

Raul U.

"Web, Easy to use, but cloud be more "Integrationbly""

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Easy to manage (admin)

ITIL

Web (Not on-prem software)

Have Android/iPhone APP

What do you dislike?

1) We need an CMDB highly integrated with AWS, Azure and GCP and easily to read, manage. Today, AWS integration exists but all the information about IaaS resources are difficult to read it and manage because doesn't integrated with company and contacts data.

2) The customer satisfaction module cloud be more flexible. We need to send personalizated questions.

3) The reports must to be more usability

4) All the tables must be improve the usability

5) Some items could be connected between each other, two SR tickets can't be relationated, same with INC->SR or SR->INC. Sometimes We have different events conected and We don't have any way to connect them

6) Rules in dispatcher, supervisor, observer and scenario automations don't any way to make actions in time tracked or approvals

7) Don't exist a report to know all the approvals

8) The approvals don't see in tickets exports

9) The iPhone app need to be improved

10) Integration with Google drive easily to add files into the tickets

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't know the costs of this service, because I am an admin user, but FS is easy to use and it's a Cloud Service!!!

We have a Cloud Support Team and FS is our essential tool

This tool facilitates our work and makes better our day

Using this We get more time

Valdrin T.
View Original April 30, 2019

"Freshservice, full with features, and easy to set up"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about freshservice is the multitude of features it contains and how quickly they add new features or improve existing features

What do you dislike?

The worst support experience I've ever had. Went to their website because I needed assistance, and used the "live" chat feature which promised average reply of 5 minutes, I got a reply after a couple days on email which told me they will look at my case and respond -- 6 days later still haven't heard anything back from them. At the same time opened an email ticket, hasn't even been acknowledged.

We are solving our companies IT ticket submission with freshservice, by using the freshdesk software provided by freshservice.

Kelly W.

"Freshservice Does the Job"

What do you like best?

Nearly continuous stream of *useful* updates. GUI is well laid out and intuitive. Helpdesk/Knowledge Base is fantastic. We also use asset probes to ensure all hardware assets are tracked and software assets can be traced from there accurately and without user intervention. The highlight is the customizable Portal for end users to access information such as Tips, Configuration standards and to check the status of their own tickets. Even if users only want to use email to contact the help desk this is not an issue.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike. Workflow automation is being updated and was the weakest point when we implemented a year ago. Would like to have more 3rd party apps integrated, such as Connectwise, but that is all being worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With any software make sure it fits your business needs. It is flexible enough to meet most, if not all requirements, for an internal help desk, HR, etc... just take the time to do it right when implementing. Freshservice offers a lot of integration assistance without extra charges, you just need to take advantage of the very good service levels that are offered. If you invest very little time into the product, you will not get a lot out of it.

Single point of information flow for both Admins and users. Time savings have been considerable for time invested. Information retention and organization is a challenge for most organizations, Freshservice allows us to retain and track information seamlessly and it is all searchable. All of it!

matthew t.

"IT support tech"

What do you like best?

I love that Freshservice allows me to keep my day productive letting me know what problems are out there and listing the inportance of each. I also like the asset program allowing me to keep track of computers and technology in the field and when it was placed.The assets tracker gives me a very good indication of what is about to need upgrades based on time and operating system installed. Also give my employer a rough Idea where the biggest amount of help is needed for billing purposes and let the IT team no where to focus the most attention. I like the break down of technology items and the state they are in letting me know what has been retired so I know to keep an eye on other systems of the same kind.

What do you dislike?

As of this moment I have no dislikes of the product. If I could make a suggestion I notice that the phone app no has a close section for tickets but not a resolved button available would love to see that again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it the program is straight forward and simple to use making your teams more efficient. Also traacking of all of your technology install dates and warranty so you know when to replace items of age.

We have organised a very small team of IT people to take care of hundreds of users over a large geographic area. We are using this system to keep track of replacement needs on a set basis so we have far fewer failures of systems.

Peter S.

"Great Product and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Having Freshservice as our helpdesk and inventory system has been a big improvement since the last product we have used. Freshservice is very easy to use for IT staff and the end users themselves. Editing categories and items in Freshservice is a breeze to customize it to our own specific needs that we have

What do you dislike?

Thats is good question, right now I can not think of anything that I dislike so far, especially since they are constantly adding improvemnts to the software to make it better by adding new tools, features, and enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a good look at it, it has many options and features to help customize it to your own business needs, they are also constantly adding improvements and this will not break your pocket book. Setup was a breeze to get our users into the system and we started migrating users to it very rapidly.

Time and energy, Freshservice helps us resolved requests much faster and easier than ever before. Reporting on user tickets and resolutions is a nice improvement that gives us a good overall look at how busy our helpdesk staff are in the past or even the current day or week.

Joshua M.

"Freshservice has been fantastic!"

What do you like best?

There are so many things about Freshservice that I enjoy: ticket organization and classification, inventory access with details about devices, customizable service requests, so many reporting options, feedback system for user input. Really, this list could go on and on. Suffice it to say that Freshservice has many tools ready for you to utilize. Having app integration can really extend functionality as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes new features release in beta, such as software inventory management, and are very limited in features. Perhaps more time in development for new features would be best so that, when released as betas, users can get a fuller sense of what the new feature will be like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what you're using now not only as a ticket/help-desk service...but also inventory management and what other applications you're using. Freshservice has proven to be a one-stop destination for a multitude of features that allows for management in one system. Freshservice has made things simpler for our IT department.

Since we can link assets with incident tickets we can quickly identify machines that may be having critical problems. Having one resource for inventory helps us to know what is on hand at all times, with specifics about the machines that would be difficult to manage in something like Excel. There are also nice tools for collaboration between agents in our department. This allows our team to put our heads together in order to resolve some of the trickier issues that come our way.

Un-attributed

"Very good but room for some improvement"

What do you like best?

Freshservice allows us to keep track of internal issues incredibly well. It is a simple interface and has reasonable functionality. Overall, I would consider this to be a solid application.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more intelligence behind what freshservice did to attach a particular reply to a particular ticket. Whenever we get an email from an outside ticketing system, if they alter the subject line, then freshservice creates a brand new ticket. We would like to at the very least be able to add special cases to freshservices logic in attaching tickets

Recommendations to others considering the product:

How smart do you need your ticketing system to be? If it needs to do highly complex ticket routing, I probably wouldn't go with FS. But FS is easy-to-use and reasonably powerful for what you get. Its not perfect, but it certainly gets the job done effectively 90% of the time

Again, I harken back to keeping track of internal issues. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of all the little things that need to get done and if we have a methodology of keeping track of those issues, it allows us to keep tabs on progress and verify that things aren't falling by the wayside

Muriel S.

""An astounding IT Service Desk Experience""

What do you like best?

It's extremely valuable for some sorts of things. What we principally use it for would be for ticketing the board. In such manner it's awesome in light of the fact that you can channel by client, requester, specialists, divisions, date, and so on which enables you to have the option to effectively realize which tickets should be done at what time and who is submitting them. I truly appreciate the convenience for the item as new individuals who join the organization can get on to utilizing this administration in all respects rapidly also

What do you dislike?

There is some UI awkwardness, for the most part in building look criteria anyway I'm certain these will be tended to soon. Their moving discharge cycle and steady updates have resolved a large number of my past problem. They appear to tune in to demands for new highlights and UI changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attempt it. You'll like it. Like any new programming, there is an expectation to absorb information, yet it's extremely little contrasted with other, comparative programming. Certainly justified regardless of the speculation. It has been a distinct advantage for us

We were searching for an open, available approach to keep up perceivability and following of activities, administration demands, and inconvenience tickets. This stage has addressed those necessities flawlessly. We're likewise ready to monitor our gear through the stock administration bit of the product. It enables us to monitor where resources are, which client is in control of what resources, and monitor the significant programming introduced on every benefit. It has helped us picture which PCs need redesign or substitution due to outdated working frameworks.

Håkan E.

"Best option for the Out of the Box ITSM Suite"

What do you like best?

User Interface as well as the features in the system. They have boiled down to the essentials but without cutting any corners. The strength is that you cannot mess things up with customization from 3rd party consultants etc who always seems to be involved in ITSM implementation. The change of tool is more a change of way of working and not so much how to categorize tickets and defining the right priority.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the reporting on Service Level, you can do reports on incidents on assets but not as deep as I would like it to. It can be handled with integrations and a upcoming BI solution though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is almost impossible to mess things up with this product. I often say it is the IPhone to the other ITSM tools Android. You cannot mess up the setup as with an Iphone, sliders for on-off and easy to configure discovery and inventory. Make sure your AD is updated before synchronizing users, not Freshservice specific though.

We needed to implement a Service Desk and they needed a Ticket Tool. I come from a background where I know the importance of knowing your Assets and CI's and how vital that is for Incident, Problem and Change so we killed two birds with one stone by doing the implementation with

Travis G.

"Exceptionally Great product even at the Sprout (Free) Plan"

What do you like best?

Freshservice's Sprout plan is a MAJOR help to my small business as I'm still in the very early stages of building my business and clientele. I needed a feature-packed ticketing system that would give me all of the ticketing system tools I needed to bootstrap my IT support business. Having access to 3rd party tools via App Integrations is also a huge help to streamlining my workflows so I can spend more time working for my clients instead of having to fuss around with "processes/workflows". The biggest benefit I see is long-term, as my business grows, I'll be able to get the additional features that a larger organization will need without having to 'jump ship' to another software platform. I'll be able to just bump up the licensing plan.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that Freshservice's Sprout offering had built in time-tracking, I know that the next license plan includes that feature and many more, but I'm currently unable to pay for the licensing at this time. I can also see that if Freshservice's team enabled time-tracking in Sprout a lot of small businesses might not have a need to purchase the first paid license plan. Which is unfortunate as the team behind Freshservice definitely deserves something for this awesome software, and Thank you for providing a free tier option in the first place!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in the market for a great ticketing system with tons of out-of-the-box features and the ability to add more with a few mouse clicks; definitely give Freshservice a spin. You can test out about 85% of the features that are "core/necessary" to/for any production ready ticketing system for free. There is an optional trial that you can use to work with the remaining 15% of the "core" features Freshservice's free plan doesn't support.

I have used quite a few other major ticketing systems that are out there when I was working for other IT companies. Some software's include: Service Desk Plus, Kaseya, Connectwise, Spiceworks help desk, Atera, Salesforce, & Jira Cloud. I think that Freshservice nails it by offering the best features-to-price ratio. The core benefit for my use case is that I need a ticketing system for my business, Freshservice offers the best one (IMO) that starts free and scales to meet business needs.

Akash M.

"Awesome piece of software that is extremely easy to use."

What do you like best?

The automated reporting is very helpful when presenting board reports. The speed of the emails that users and technicians use for notifications are exceptional. There isn't any delays. The iOS app is brilliant. It is fast and easy to use. I love the pop-up notifications each time a user or a tech makes a change or replies to a ticket. This is extremely useful for keepin track of tickets on the go.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything to dislike thus far. The software is easy to use and the user do not experience any difficulties logging requests through either the portal or via email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are migrating from either another software vendor or from a different plan fro example, fresh service to freshdesk, always engage the freshservice support team. They are friendly and will be more than willing to assist with data migrations.

I am streamlining the ticket logging with regard to IT Support and capturing the company's inventory. I am also changing the way that the IT department is being billed by the various business units by creating a charge back for IT incidents resolved by techs.

Mike James P.

"Excellent Helpdesk to Get Set Up On"

What do you like best?

A great little service desk. Freshservice is mostly focused on IT based work, but has been found to expand into other areas of technical industry that it's sister product Freshdesk might not cover. It's straightforward to use and through version upgrades seems to have gone from strength to strength to improve the brreadth and depth of what it can cover. Whilst limited as a free customer (understandable) there is a fairly reasonable amount of access you have that, without going to the trouble of setting up and hosting your own service desk, is available to you instantly from signup, and moreso when a plan is upgraded to a higher tier.

For a sizable team working in the IT Industry or similar, I would definitely recommend giving Freshservice a good try, and not to be afraid to ask for help from the friendly customer support team if you have any specific requirements.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in adding custom fields to work with other integrated services (such as Slack) as a free customer to the helpdesk. Whilst integrations work really well on the Service desk there is a limited amount that the custom ticket fields will allow you to do outside of the system.

The solution could also benefit better with a sliding scale business plan, similar to how Slack prices it's use - based on measuring real-time use month to month of users in a workspace (or in this case Agents in an organisation) and charging based on that rather than fixed rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth a try. Depending on your industry it's worth considering sister products Freshdesk and Freshsales to see if they may fit you better. If this suits your industry consider extending your trial to the free plan in an isolated team and work your way up to full scale use as people realise how easy to use and powerful this tool can be.

Allowing our Educational Technology Services to log problems the same way many departments such as IT or Estates and Facilities would in an organisation. Using the Solutions page we can also answer frequently asked questions or repeated tickets reported from service users. Also allows us easily to track progress of jobs between technicians easily and communicate to our staff any measures that are put in place.

Rick M.

"Freshservice is a qualtiy product"

What do you like best?

Freshservice has been the product needed to help organize our IT department. The CMDB, relationships, asset management, and change management have fortified our service and structured us in such a way to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that has been inconvenient is the assets tracking where you pay by item. There are no alerts to let you know when you are getting close to your allotment and need to add additional licensing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the trial and setup according to how you might use the product. Fresh service's support and sales reps are very helpful and accommodating.

The CMDB and relationship options have been great benefits for organizing our documentation and making sure our technicians know how our systems, services, and customers are all connected. The newly added project management is a nice feature. We are intrigued how that module may continue to grow in the future.

Aurélien A.

"Very good ITSM tool."

What do you like best?

Freshservice offers may useful and well designed functionalities, is easy to use, offers high level of setup (while being simple to do), is fast, and efficient. The user portal is also clear and can be used without training.

What do you dislike?

Some lists (of tickets, of contracts, …) are almost "fixed", with no or few possibilities to customize.

No possibility to create reports on contracts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to setup it correctly.

Freshservice is very useful to consolidate and keep track on requests and tickets, as well as to facilitate the communication with users. Automations help a lot to avoid human tasks with no add-value. Collaboration and communication has improved in the team.

Un-attributed

"Great experience with FreshService"

What do you like best?

I've worked with numerous ticketing systems like TopDesk, ServiceNow and more, but FreshService has supplied me with the sleakest experience yet. It's easy to use, the interface is easy to understand and enough admin options. . All in all, very nice to use.

What do you dislike?

The only downside so far is the experience I've had with the Android app. There are some bugs and a lack of features that already exist in the browser version, but after having contacted the FreshService team we were able to spar a bit about adding features and discussing existing ones. The communication regarding said features and new things they are planning is also a bit lacking. It would be interesting to see what things will be coming soon. Something like a roadmap for both the browser and the app versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FreshService makes the cut, go for it. I've used multiple ticketing systems, this one is great.

FreshService has allowed my team and I to easily create tickets, manage and solve them on a daily basis. We're easily able to pick things up, even on the go while navigating to users throughout our building. It's been of great help to us and our users.

Jeremy J.

"A fairly new user's experience so far"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is convenient, especially now that support helped me figure out how to use custom views to see just the tickets with a certain tag. It is easy to set up views on the web, and I like keeping a browser window open on half of my secondary display.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not intuitive, like how replying via email to tickets works. I did some testing regarding this, and it turns out different affects are applied to the ticket (e.g. adding a private note, posting as a reply, etc.) depending on who is replying via email. I suppose it would make more sense if I read the documentation, but I love services that are easy enough to use that it's usually unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It meets my overall expectations of what a service desk platform ought to be. It provides the necessary tools for us in IT to be effective and efficient at what we do. If you want to see tickets with a specific tag on the app, be sure to set up a custom view in the web version, save it, and then you should be able to select it in the app. It took me contacting support to learn that, but I was happy once I tried it and found it works great.

We're tracking coworkers' tech issues, keeping records on our asset inventory, and building a knowledge base of articles for our organization. The feature set supports these needs rather well.

"Great ticketing system"

What do you like best?

I love the Scenarios and canned responses features. I use this for our IT support team to handle repetitive tickets or sending to the proper groups and teams we have within our instances. I enjoy this ticketing service masks your email and has it just reply as the ticketing service. I love the fact we can have our assets within Freshservice as well

What do you dislike?

I dislike only one person can be assigned to a ticket and only one person gets credit although credit for a ticket doesn't matter within our company. I also wish there was a way for Agents to mark themselves as Out of office vs an admin having to make a workflow.

We are solving internal users issues problems by having them email our Freshserivce ticketing service and we tally out the tickets and assign to the proper groups or respond to the inquiry. This is much better at tracking users issues vs them slacking you and its a way to keep track of the many different issues users may have.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, excellent customer service. Improvements always being made to provide new features. Analytics make it easy to view performance at a glance.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports take some time to work out, in order to get the right information but this comes with practise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a clear idea of what you require to start with, including how you are tracking assets, software and user accounts. Have a clear idea of your form design before you get started to save time. The second implementation I did was much easier because I had everything planned out in advance, I didn't try to take what we had from a different supplier and make it fit.

We can have a customer facing IT Service Desk portal that is clear and easy to use, customisable and gives the users access to a knowledge base as well as logging service desk tickets

Dan S.

"Freshservice is powerful, economical and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Our Freshservice HD platform gives our customers the means to quickly alert our IT team to problems without having them get bogged down in the red tape of processes and procedures. The FS front end is pliable, simple and effective. It allows us to focus our energies on finding patterns in today's data and then act proactively to prevent tomorrow's problems.

What do you dislike?

Very few things are not likable. It's a simple platform, easy to manage, the reporting has improved greatly in the last few versions. I don't dislike any part of it.

We have three people on our IT team and we satisfy the needs of 360 end users (customers). It's not easy and sometimes the work is more of an avalanche than a steady stream.. but Freshservice gives us the ability to coordinate our efforts and keep our focus on the delivery of satisfying solutions.

James R.

""Freshservice: The IT Service Desk Solution Feature-rich and intuitive.""

What do you like best?

Adaptable to your business. Straightforward information section boards for the clients. Simple to monitor tickets with perspectives so you can see only your tickets, or your gatherings tickets. Acceleration process that is worked in works incredible for getting endorsements for spend ahead of time. Has streamlined our endeavors immensely. Having Freshservice as our helpdesk and stock framework has been a major improvement and simple to use by our IT staff and the end clients themselves.

What do you dislike?

I discover we regularly use applications inside Fresh Service in novel ways and whenever furnished with more tips(quick recordings), it could truly enable our inward group to utilize new support of its maximum capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product keeps us sorted out in our IT bolster rolls and causes us meet our destinations. The announcing is helpful for detailing measurements to upper administration.

Freshservice takes care of the issue of distinguishing where in the process my group is stuck in an unfortunate situation tickets. My group can arrange and compare with clients in a simple and helpful way. Our client support team correspondence with the customer has expanded in lucidity and practicality by a substantial size additionally our capacity to track and fix issues has likewise expanded exponentially.

Caryled G.

"Great Tool for Service Operation Management within reach of your pocket"

What do you like best?

The workflow automator on Freshservice is really Great!!! All the integrations that you can have!!

Analitics and Service Catalog Module is very usefull in our operations!!

What do you dislike?

The time that we have to wait to sincronize the reports upgrade by plan and I would like that Freshservice can integrate with whatapps or instagram/telegram to create tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to specify very well the plan that you will need, when you evaluate, test all the characteristics that each plan brings, since the success of your implementation depends on it, so that none of your needs are left out before hiring

Creation of new employees, request for travel or transportation, management of services in maintenance areas, Incident Management, Automators. It would be ideal to report the project module

Nate B.

"Great hosted helpdesk platform"

What do you like best?

Freshservice has a fresh, clean, modern look to it. It's highly customizable and provides plenty of depth, particularly with it's various automation tools. Any time I've had to use their support, they have been super responsive and great to work with. They're constantly improving their product and it's not uncommon to see little tweaks here or there as your doing your work which is great.

What do you dislike?

I've only come across a few minor things I didn't really care for, most of which you could argue are personal preference. My biggest want would be to be able to filter my ticket view specifically for non-resolved tickets that haven't been attributed to a particular category, or to maybe have their category be able to show up in the general ticket view so we could tell at a glance if there seems to be an active trend taking place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider giving them a trial run at the very least. We're glad we went with them!

Freshservice has been great for us in allowing us to not only manage IT tickets, but also to pull in SCADA, Facilities, and HR teams so we can collaborate and kick tickets between departments as necessary, particularly for ordering hardware/software and for onboarding/offboarding personnel. It gives us the flexibility we need while still maintaining strong delineations between the departments to ensure confidentiality.

Adrian V.

"A great online tool with a lot of potential."

What do you like best?

The company can have all the requested tasks in one place, and you can make reports of them. Also, they have a tool that make easier having information available for anyone called ¨Knowledge Base¨.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a way to make reports from the projects (individuals or in group) that are made in the platform. More tools to measure the projects and all the information in the platform, like weekly and monthly reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want all your information in one place or you don't want to have a lot of mails with the same requests, this is your solution.

Having all the requested tasks in, form of tickets, in one place.

Don B.

"Freshservice - easy to use, highly customizable, robust ui, and friendly support "

What do you like best?

The most helpful aspect of using Freshservice is the possibility to customize it to fit my specific business needs and workflows

What do you dislike?

The navigation icons are a bit tricky to get used to at first, but overtime you learn what each one does and stands for

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an affordable and flexible ITIL helpdesk tool then why not give Freshservice a try? Compared to others it's more affordable and customizable and has a lot of features that work out of the box too.

We are implementing a brand new ITIL helpdesk solution tool to fill the void where there wasn't one. No more taking tickets via notepad!

Jorge D.

"ITIL Service Desk"

What do you like best?

Cloud-hosted Service Desk, Let users raise tickets via email, self-service portal, phone, or in person. Track, prioritize, assign, and automate resolution processes to drive service desk efficiency. SLA Management, you can resolve tickets based on priority, and automate escalation rules to communicate violations within the service desk. Knowledge Management, Self-Service Portal, Problem Management, Change Management

What do you dislike?

It should have a native Remote Suport feature.

It should have more technical Documentation in Spanish.

It should certificate to Pink VERIFY

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don´t hesitate to try Freshservice if you are looking for an ITSM and ITIL oriented Service Desk.

It will help you to discover all assets in your network and send a report.

You can pay 1 agent or 100 agents, you can add them or delete them whenever you want, You can easily change your plan, and suscribe for 1 month or 1 year.

You can change the interface to spanish or any other language

Now it´s easier to manage my IT incidents, by email or Self-service portal.

I don´t need to use any Hardware to install the tool because it´s cloud-hosted

Now My IT Department complies with ITIL Best Practices

I can export reports by: Department, By Agent, By Cases into several formats

I can keep my inventory up to date

I can keep a history fo my cases and export it

I can measure th satisfaction of my users by sending them surveys

My techinicans can access the plattform through a laptop or mobile

Marcella A.

"Ease of use with powerful features"

What do you like best?

We appreciated the ease of use in primary implementation...and further implementation of modules as our expertise with the product has grown.

What do you dislike?

For a full-featured product, the Project Management module leaves much to be desired. It is lightweight and not feature-rich as the other modules we currently use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Fresh Service team has been very helpful in answering questions and assisting with rolling out the product.

We didn't have a Tech Support Portal prior to Fresh Service. Now, we have a fully featured support page with Solutions and Services along with incidence reporting. We feel this offers better self-help support and the ability to cooperate on tickets with requesters and agents.

Ethan C.

"Easy to setup, Easy to use, Easy to Tailor"

What do you like best?

One of the best parts of Freshservice is how fast it was able to be set up and ready to use,

We went from testing to going live in less than a week with 0 issues

What do you dislike?

The only gripe i have is that there are a few things locked down to even account admins,

For instance we cant remove the Department field from the INC form fields.

the biggest benefit, at least to how we work, is the automaters, this allows us to remove unnecessary steps, for instance we can make certain service requests go to specific people, or incidents with certain keywords go to someone who is good at that specific thing.

Anders H.

"Amazing and easy."

What do you like best?

I like the whole setup of the website. It's easy to add people and show them what to do, most of it is self-explanatory. It's easy to give support to who creates cases, who needs help from an IT-employee at our schools. The support that is accessible with FreshService is great, you get help within a day or less.

What do you dislike?

The tutorial could be better when you first create your account. Something I also realized was the default language on the website, and whoever creates and account on the website. (This might just be me not seeing how to, but I've looked for it and didn't find it.) Some groups and roles are also locked and not removable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FreshService provides you with a trial for a month to test it out for yourself, wether or not you think it's good. Personally it's great and I've gotten good service.

We, in an IT-service "center" at a school which has two large sections, haven't used any service website or program. I did research on the website on school, and our teacher told us to use it. I started to really like it, and I showed it to my collegues, and here we are.

Learn more about Freshservice

Freshservice Videos

Learning about Freshservice?

* We monitor all Freshservice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.