RUN Powered by ADP® Reviews & Product Details

RUN Powered by ADP® Overview

What is RUN Powered by ADP®?

Running a small business isn’t easy, especially right now. ADP is committed to helping the small business community continue to navigate obstacles and keep things running smoothly. Our small business payroll and HR solution, RUN Powered by ADP® (RUN), was built specifically with small business owners in mind to help you save time, stay compliant and better manage your team. Get exactly what you need to go all in on your business with RUN Payroll — With a streamlined process and powerful technology, you’ll complete payroll in no time. Process payroll at your desk or on the move, during business hours or in the middle of the night. You can even put recurring payroll on autopilot. Tax and Compliance — Keep ahead of state and federal tax laws and HR regulations with automatic updates covering all 50 states. Plus, get more peace of mind with 24/7 support from certified payroll experts. Hiring and HR — Grow and manage your team easily with built-in HR and hiring tools. Post open positions to over 100 of the web’s leading job boards with one click via ZipRecruiter®, and create a complete, professional-quality handbook (based on state and federal employment laws) in a few simple steps with our employee handbook wizard. Employee Perks — Take care of your team with meaningful perks like a self service mobile app, flexible pay options, employee assistance services, and consumer discount programs. Did you know? 9 out of 10 RUN clients say that ADP has made their jobs easier and helps them stay compliant. -Internal survey of 1,152 RUN Powered by ADP® customers in 2020. ADP, the ADP logo RUN Powered by ADP and Always Designing for People are trademarks of ADP, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright© 2020 ADP, Inc. All rights reserved.

RUN Powered by ADP® Details

Whether you’ve been in business for 25 years or you’re just getting started, RUN Powered by ADP® can help. They've spent countless hours — and burned through even more cups of coffee — building a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution to help you get back to the work that matters most to you.

ADP
61,701 employees on LinkedIn®

RUN Powered by ADP® Videos

RUN Powered by ADP® Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the RUN Powered by ADP® community
Have you used RUN Powered by ADP® before?

RUN Powered by ADP® Reviews

Showing 492 RUN Powered by ADP® reviews
Already have RUN Powered by ADP®?
Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Thomas,

President
Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Christopher,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP®. We are happy to hear that RUN offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business.

Our Service Team would love the opportunity to guide you through the available reports and reporting tools. We look forward to hearing from you!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP Team

Open Discussions in RUN Powered by ADP®
President
Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Arthur,

How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN® Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs.

-Your RUN® Service Team

Financial Secretary
What do you like best?

The ease of entering payroll and how helpful the CSRs are at helping. Time and Attendance is wonderful., Everyone likes it. The App is great to have.

Leah Perrin, who signed us up, is great. She came out on 2 payroll dates to make sure everything was correct when we switched mid year. Other payroll companies we used, did not have the same kind to hands on training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That each customer doesn't have it's personal CSR to help if there's an issue. This way someone would be familiar with your account and you wouldn't have to give the same information to a new CSR every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The person who signed us up, Leah Perrin, is great. The personal touch in making sure everything transferred, was priceless. Payroll due date is more flexible than other companies. The Time Card module is great and saves so much time for everyone. The other benefit is employees fill the paperwork out on line, so you know where in the process the employees are. No more written time sheets or employees saying they turned in their paperwork.

This is the first time we've had an app to use. Employees set up their accounts and have access to tax docs, payroll stubs, and W2s. Our employees really like using the app. Everything is at their finger tips.

Entering the final payroll for the year on December 31, 2020, was the easiest experience because when I called, the CSR asked me to send him the spreadsheet with the info on it, and he entered it. An hour later, he called back to review what he'd done. The CSR inputted the info correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to post this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP®. How wonderful to hear that RUN Powered by ADP® provides you with the information you need at your fingertips, saving you valuable time!

We appreciate your feedback and insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

General Manager
What do you like best?

Processing payroll online is fast and efficient and can be accessed from any device with internet access. The payroll reports are easily accessible and comprehensive. Help is readily available through the chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pop ups every time I log in that I cannot disable. Employees often do not notice emails to sign up for online access as the email subject and email address our not always clear. Some of the changes in the most recent update have made it more difficult to find reports, specifically quarterly 941s and unemployment filing reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch. Few companies have the resources available that ADP has. It is a risk to leave your liability for payroll and tax filings with smaller companies that cannot keep up with the constantly changing laws. ADP gives you confidence that you are always up to date with any changes that have been made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better able to track payroll costs. Can process payroll quicker and save time. Has been very helpful in applying for PPP and PPP foirgiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Rory,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®. How wonderful to hear that RUN® provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We apologize the informational notifications are not to your liking, we have passed this feedback along to our Product Team.

Director of Administration
What do you like best?

Run is very user friendly and has all the reports at your fingertips. We used a different payroll service previously and had so many issues with a filing payroll tax on time. ADP files on time and provides all the necessary reports. I also love how they keep you very informed and up to date with any changes in the HR and payroll world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hold times can be long when trying to ask a question on the support chat and submitting a service request can be a little confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend RUN. It's easy to use, provides reports at your fingertips, and full transparency. Moving our company over to ADP was smooth and stress-free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use RUN for our payroll and HR needs. With a previous company, we were never given our tax reports without having to ask multiple times, we don't have to ask with ADP, everything is right there in your reports for you to view at any time. It's very convenient. I have also just discovered all the pre-generated templates for onboarding and hiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Hanna,

owner
What do you like best?

I have a main point of contact who walks me through the merits of all their programs and organizes things for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My point of contact is great but there are "shark-like" representatives that are hounding me for things, payroll, section 125, time clock, 401k, I'm getting too many emails. My point of contact put an end to that nonsense though I believe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you use your primary point of contact and schedule time with them, ignore other sales reps or atleast run them past one primary rep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll is much easier and I feel confident my taxes are getting done correctly. It frees up a ton of time and gives me peace of mind. I also am getting HR compliant and feel confident that i'm not missing any drastic state or federal compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®. How wonderful to hear that RUN Powered by ADP® provides you with the information you need at your fingertips, saving you valuable time!

We appreciate your feedback and insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

What do you like best?

I am a visa holder and was not familiar with California Payroll law and ADP guided me through the entire tax and regulation set up easily. I like that I didn't have to be an expert at payroll to set up the system and use it. I like the reporting, so easy and sufficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

During set up, which had a few hiccups but was completed in a couple days, I was not informed of the requirement for monthly wires for all new companies. It took 3 hours on the phone with customer support to address and it made for an extra hassle each month. Given our HQ is in Canada. This should have been clearly articulated at set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a simple system with good support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am the only US based employee at the company, so we were looking for a payroll solution that could handle a tiny payroll with the robust regulatory soundness of a enterprise sized payroll. RUN delivered on this expectation, it is so easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

Thank you for sharing your experience during set up. We always aim to delight our clients so this feedback has been shared with the appropriate teams to ensure we do just that.

We appreciate your valuable insights!

Controller
What do you like best?

The interactive chat has been extremely helpful to answer questions quickly and efficiently. Each team member we have interacted with has not only helped with answering the questions but also provided documents and reference to help going forward. McKenzie was incredible with our onboarding and assisting with set up and implementation. We scheduled weekly calls until we were somewhat proficient in updating and submitting our payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that we have found that we dislike so far. The entire team has been incredibly helpful and patient as we get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company was growing and in became inefficient to manage payroll and all the associate items such as vacation tracking and taxes in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

April,

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

What do you like best?

Run by ADP allows me to process our payroll quickly, easily and efficiently. The instructions are clear and navigation is understandable. The Help section is very comprehensive and easy to understand. The fact that our employees and our accountant can log in and get the information they need is very helpful.

The support staff is WONDERFUL and VERY responsive. I have used them several times, for questions and how-to's as well as for updating my withholding rates as dictated by the state. The fact that there is a place within Run for me to go to enter a help ticket is great! I'm able to track my requests without having to dig through a bunch of email.

Also, Run had all the reports I needed when I was applying for SBA PPP and EIDL loans and I can get the reporting I need to do the PPP forgiveness application too. They developed the reports very quickly and were extremely good about communicating what they were and when they were ready to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tax documents section is somewhat confusing. I'm never sure exactly which forms were submitted and when, or even if I'm required to submit a particular form. All the forms are listed, not just the ones that were submitted for me. It would be better if there was a hyperlink list to the documents that were actually submitted, rather than having to guess which report to click on to get my information.

Examples of the reports and situations in which they might be used would be helpful. I'm not always sure what a particular report shows or which report would best fit my needs. I always have to play around with them to figure out which one to use. Also, there isn't a way to view multiple quarters/years at a time. If I wanted to look at last year's payroll versus this year's, I would have to export multiple accounts and combine them manually in Excel.

There are probably many features I don't use but that I might use if I were aware of them. It would be helpful to offer regular Zoom sessions to highlight different features. Maybe a sort of "brown bag" lunch meeting where someone took a feature and went through it's uses in a quick 15 minute or half hour meeting.

One thing I don't understand is why, since my withholding rates were changed, I am being billed for the additional taxes separately from the taxes that were originally being withheld. I am getting paper notices (wasteful, when everything else is paperless) of small additional deductions that are being taken for the additional taxes, rather than it being in one lump sum. All these little deductions from my bank account are adding work when I have to assign accounts to them in Quickbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Run offers everything you will need and more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a pet care business and don't have a physical location. We don't see our sitters regularly, so the direct deposit allows us to pay our sitters without having to write or print checks and mail or deliver them. Once payroll is entered, I don't have to do anything! It's a huge time saver. Also, the W-2's are done for me so I don't have to worry about doing those.

I don't have to worry about reporting employee onboarding or federal and state taxes because Run takes the information I put in and complies it so that ADP can submit them for me. Also included is the paid sick time tracking which keeps me in compliance with state law. I never worry about not being in compliance! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Cora,

We are happy to hear that RUN® offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when it comes to important tax and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback in regards to reports and lunch and learn sessions. Your feedback has been shared with our Product Team for further review.

We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

AG
What do you like best?

I like that this system can be as hands on, or as hands off, as you'd like. I'm not a phone talker and I like to figure things out on my own, and this system allows for that. There are help docs if you need them, and it is pretty user friendly as/is. If you are really unsure about something, or have additional questions, the people at the help desk are extremely helpful and can get you the answers you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to tell if things are getting done or not, but if you look hard enough, you can usually find it. Also, sometimes the wait times for the help desk are like 2+ hours long. But, luckily there is a call back feature so that you don't have to sit on hold for that long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All of my tax returns and reports are always right there and very handy, and they go back several years, which is greatly appreciated! I have also used their reports to help apply for PPP Loan Forgiveness, which was extremely beneficial! I have recently had to deal with adding several different states, and it helped me to know everything that I needed to do, etc. I also really appreciate how RUN completes and files the payroll tax returns for us and all the W2's etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

We value the insights and we are beyond pleased to hear that our product and services put some valuable time back in your day. We are pleased to know that RUN has added extra value with PPP reporting and more complex tasks like handling state taxes.

Don't forget, the RUN Service Team is available to assist you via Chat or Service Requests as well!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Owner
What do you like best?

ADP has been helpful because I don't have to worry about anything. Peace of mind has been the most helpful part of joining ADP, and once I submit the payroll I know it will be processed in the correct way. Along with that any changes that I need to make are easy to do and fairly intuitive. If I ever do have an issue, then it is easy to get ahold of someone. I also know that once I do talk to someone, they will help me until I am satisfied with the result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payroll fees, though we would be paying those anywhere. Some of the notifications seem a little repetitive, and occasionally it sounds like a sales pitch but that is to be expected as well. I do get disillusioned when there are promotions from competitors to steal business away as well. That tends to create a mode of constantly switching to the lowest option, and that do not help with our company's growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It makes running a small business much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll and employee related issues are being solved. There is not doubt that the weekly payroll will be processed and handled the correct way, and that keeps everyone happy. Customers are the primary need for our business to continue, and employees having one less thing to worry about helps with that. Hopefully HR will also be a large part of our growth, and it seems like there are still additional benefits that I can utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

We appreciate your valuable insights!

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

What do you like best?

I love that ADP makes it easier for me to apply for PPP loan forgiveness, and to navigate pay for FFCRA leave for employees during Covid. I love that it is easy to add new employees and that my employees can have online access to their payroll accounts. The costumer service at ADP has always been top notch, with help available whenever I need it to solve any issues and answer any questions quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that ADP is constantly trying to upsell me on additional products. As a small business the basic payroll package has been perfect for me, but I do continue to get additional offers to upgrade with various services on a weekly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to solve the problem of navigating FFCRA leave for Covid-related employee absences and quarantine periods. I've been able to solve the challenge of trying to navigate confusing and ever-changing regulations for employers regarding Covid with ADP's many resources and their assistance with the PPP documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Lavonne,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP® is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance, especially in the times of Covid 19.

We apologize that additional product offerings cause a disruption, the RUN® Service Team can assist with this - we look forward to hearing from you.

We appreciate your insights and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Office Manager
What do you like best?

The most helpful option is the pay-as-you-go Worker's Comp premiums. The end of the year reviews and payroll audits are time consuming and effort-intense providing all the information requested. No more of that and I LOVE IT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike! There HAVE been issues with submissions of withholding taxes to our state, but it is completely undetermined whether the state system is causing the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use ADP for payroll processing in my job at Brown & Son Heat & Air. The ease and simplicity of use as well as the extremely reasonable costs associated with using the service make this option far better than the time, effort and costs of in-house payroll processing. I have done it both ways and this has been the best option ever. It's like having a payroll clerk who handles any and all problems that may arise. We HAVE needed customer support for issues in state tax processing (not an ADP problem, state system issue), but ADP handles everything from the point of notification onward. The BIGGEST plus for me is avoiding the hassle of end-of-the-year worker's comp audits for premium adjustments. They are a pain. My favorite aspect of ADP right now is adding the option of pay-as-you-go Worker's Comp coverage and eliminating the need for those audits. Time entry, the ability to easily add new fields for deductions, etc., makes it completely unnecessary to take on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time, additional expense for software subscriptions, avoidance of Worker's Comp payroll audits, straightening out issues with our state processing, not having to submit reports/taxes/payments etc! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Brock B,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP® is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Office Administrator
What do you like best?

The flexibility to run payroll from the run payroll app when I'm traveling. The employees ability to access their personal payroll information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The method of communicating with a payroll representative . An email or call would be much more productive on my end, Although, the turn around time is good. I don't find it to be user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

create a spread sheet with the employees personal information, including their personal account number, routing number, payroll deductions such as health insurance and 401K contributions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability for the employees to access their personal information and make chances gives me time to focus on other matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Marci,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP® continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN, even when on the go.

Thank you for the feedback on access to your RUN Service Team, don't forget you can also reach out via Chat or Service Request!

We are always working to enhance RUN® and delight our users so we value your insights.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

What do you like best?

ADP makes life easy by managing my payroll, PPP documentation, payroll taxes, and year end tax information for me. I submit our payroll numbers on a bi-weekly basis and they do all the rest. Easy! I would have A LOT more work to do on a regular basis without ADP. They even help with our insurance needs for Health, Dental, and Workman's Comp. and automatically deduct from each employees payroll amount with each RUN. So glad to have their expertise to rely upon! ADP makes life easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike except perhaps the chat BOT/ADP Assistant. Doesn't usually understand what I am asking the first time. But eventually gets it. Otherwise, no complaints! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PPP documentation, medical insurance deductions, workman's comp payments, tax filing. I have not had to become an expert in each of these areas. I rely on ADP and can contact a person to discuss my questions or problems if necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP®!

We are happy to hear that RUN® offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient!

We value your partnership on your human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

AH
What do you like best?

I've used a few different payroll companies. They all eventually sold out to a bigger company- or stopped doing business in my state or some other problem happened that caused us to have to go through another painful transition to a new payroll company, online platform etc. With ADP, I don't have those fears anymore. I trust that a company this big, is always working to improve their programs and tools. Their Covid response was very quick too. I was impressed with how quick they had implemented tools for all the changes that were happening during that crazy time. ADP didn't miss a beat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm a guy that likes small local companies, where I can sit face to face with the owner, or go to lunch with him. But after my bad experience with payroll companies, I'm glad for the stability ADP provides. I don't love that ADP is as big as it is, but I suppose, that size allows ADP to customize things so I still feel important despite the size of the payroll company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used RUN for a while, so I'm really not solving anything right now. I love how simple and automatic so many things are. I don't have to think about much, ADP is just taking care of things that I don't even think of. I know other payroll companies also do these things, but I think ADP has done it well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP®!

We are happy to hear that RUN® provided you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

What do you like best?

The ease of use and online assistance that can walk me through any changes in my payroll. Also the assurance that tax reporting and year end filings will be correct. The ability to file payroll when out of the office allows me to stay on top of my office responsibilities while taking care of sales or taking a break from work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had nothing but good experiences with ADP when I have had trouble with special entries so there is nothing I dislike. I have found that the only troubles I have had with RUN have been my own lack of technological abilities. But support has always been great and solved my problems quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RUN does all the work for me. The major benefit is that I do not have to focus all my time and payroll and other services. ADP takes care of these things for me so I can focus on running my business. The online help is fantastic and has helped through some difficult entries in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rebecca Howie of RUN Powered by ADP®

Judith,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide details on your experience with RUN Powered by ADP®.

We are thrilled to hear that you find our products and services to be easy to work with! We value your insights and look forward to continuing a successful partnership on your payroll and Human Capital Management needs.

--Your RUN® Service Team

AC
What do you like best?

I like the ability to log on anytime from anywhere. Not only to process payroll but to download (and customize) reports, add or terminate employees, look at tax reports and, most recently, reports for the PPP loans.If I ever have an issue or can not find what I need on my own, I can call customer service. They are knowledgeable and always helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new dashboard has been difficult to get used to. There is a lot of scrolling to find the parts of the dashboard I use most. I wish there was a way to customize it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems being solved by RUN Powered by ADP: hands down, the customized reports for the CARES PPP forgivable loan. They have been a godsend! I can't say enough about the reports and the ease of finding one that suits my needs. If there isn't one in the offered in the "popular reports" section then I can easily customize one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.