4.8

Kudos is an employee recognition system that is simple, flexible, customizable, effective and affordable. Build a better culture with Kudos.

Get a custom product demo or quote tailored to your business.

Work for Kudos?

Kenneth B.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kudos
Tyson G.
View Original March 20, 2019

What Employee Recognition solution do you use?

Lamya M.

"Must have for all companies!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that Kudos allows all employees no matter how highly ranked they are to share appreciation across all sites world wide! You never know how someone else is feeling regardless if its work related or not and just being able to show that little recognition by sending kudos puts a smile on peoples face every time. What makes it better is that you can actually use the kudos points towards everyday life, so their actually beneficial!

What do you dislike?

I've been using this software for over 9 months and I have not found one single flaw in the program. This is a program that is we use a my workplace every second of the day. It really helps people feel more confident in what they're doing and happy that their hard work isn't going unnoticed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advise if you're looking for something to really benefit your company and relationships with our employees is to definitely give this a try. It an amazing program that I feel as though everyone should be implementing.

Spending most of the time at work sometimes can be draining or exhausting, especially when you feel as though your putting in all this hard work and being apart of such a large establishment that no one even notices. ABSOLUTELY NOT! You'd be surprised how many times I've received Kudos from people not even in the same state as me just showing recognition and make sure that I am aware that my hard work is noticed. That not only makes me feel better but overall creates a better atmosphere for my coworkers and benefits our customers as well.

Bryanna U.

"Amazing! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the Kudos allows the employees to feel like they are really making a difference in the company! Not only that but they also make sure they provide recognition to those that have earned it! Giving you a greater sense of wanting to continue to do great! I feel that if every company had this form of appreciation for there employees every company would be amazing and succeed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they give very little Kudos to new comers so we can not show as much appreciation as we want. I feel that if we were given more Kudos to show appreciation to our fellow coworkers that would also give everyone a stronger sense of wanting to help one another out within the company. I also do not like that sometimes Kudos does have issues where it does not send the Kudos that you want it to send.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only thing I can think of is to provide more Kudos to new comers.

I am making the customers happy therefore making the company money and the benefits that I have seen have been that the employees seem far more happy to help the customers when they get a valid reward for doing so. I also have noticed that the prizes that come a long with doing great things, not just the recognition has also given the employees incentive to do amazing things while at work.

Darren G.

"A nice way to show appreciation and feel appreciated"

What do you like best?

Kudos allows you to show your appreciation for co-workers who go above and beyond for you. Kudos goes beyond a simple "thank you" to providing small tokens of your appreciation in the form of gift cards. Earning Kudos points from others is also very gratifying.

What do you dislike?

My one criticism for Kudos is that it does not allow you to save unused points to distribute from one month to the next. There have been months where I did not distribute all of my Kudos points, and other months where I use up all of them within a couple of weeks. If there were a way to save unused points from one month to the next, it would greatly help out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to use it. A little investment of time can lead to stronger team dynamics. It also feels great to earn Kudos points which can be redeemed for gift cards. You feel appreciated and you get to experience a nice little bonus for putting in a little extra effort!

You can get more engaged with your co-workers, particularly when you give out a lot of Kudos points for a job well done. You can quantify your thanks, in a way.

Majed M.

" Kudos It's a culture of love among job team members "

What do you like best?

When our obsession becomes a search for achievements of our colleagues that deserve appreciation, acknowledge and thanks

Which leads to increased competition for achievement and increase love among the team members

And encourage team members to provide the best during the work performance

And create a great working environment so its contribute effectively to achieve the job goals

What do you dislike?

poor performance employees will be frustrated

The suggestion is to add a new category to help poor performance employees to engage in Kudos through a new category called (small achievements) so the team members gives thanks for a small achievement for example with 3 points

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kudos

It's a culture of love among job team members

And encourage team members to provide the best during the work performance

Problems solved by Kudos

Lack of appreciation

Lack of encouragement

Lack of stimulation

Lack of recognition of achievement

Negative working environment

Culture of appreciation

Culture of Recognition

Culture of acknowledge

LAWRENCE T.

"Kudos Review by Lawrence Tindyebwa"

What do you like best?

The graphics design and display is cool,The user interface is easy to use and attractive,the system responds very well and also uses less data.

It is secure and one must have a username and password to access.Also the password reset option is very good just in case someone forgets their password. The coloring is wonderful and attracts users.

The option of reminding users of their work anniversaries is good. It also reminds users of their birthdays

What do you dislike?

There is too much bright color in the background and this somehow affects users.

Sometimes the system is unresponsive thus hard to use.

It sometimes takes too long to load and also never load at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend all companies to switch to kudos because its functionalities will help them achieve their goals.

Staff will have the moral and motivation,build relationships and networking among-st themselves,appreciate one another for the good work done.This will improve performance and as a result users will meet their targets.The system is secure.Kudos uses less data and loads first. It runs on all operating systems and so one can access it from whatever device they are using

The functionality of rewarding staff and employees keeps them motivated,they feel appreciated and it builds relationships,as result there is teamwork and this increases enthusiasm among staff and subsequently they produce better results and achieve targets.Staff don't miss their work anniversaries as well as birthdays because it does remind them. It improves networking and connections among staff all which build a bond

Chrysalin M.

"Kudos is easy to navigate!"

What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly Kudos website is to work. I also like that it serves as a news feed of accomplishments for my coworkers. I like that we can upload photos and our birthdays. Having your birthday on there and everyone giving you Kudo rewards makes the day extra special. I also like that it does the birthday automatically. I do not fully understand the kudo badges but I do think they are fun. I want to watch my circle grow and show that i am valuable to my company.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the main page never showcases those I know. I also wish I was eligible to give kudos rewards. I think all employees that are corporate and salary should have that ability. i also dislike how my company uses Kudos sometimes. We tend to use them by just giving our team a bunch by completing a successful month. Kudos could have a training on what constitutes a proper kudos give out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kudos is great, however, if you give "prizes" to redeem with your Kudos, consider making them items the employees would enjoy.

My company uses it to recognize success on projects and work. It's a method for us to showcase when someone goes above and beyond. Employees are also able to redeem prizes. These prizes help boost morale, since they are free to us and received due to hard work. Chewy uses a lot of self promo items so I think Kudos should offer discounts on some.

Michael K.

"Awesome morale boosting system!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can use kudos to purchase everyday items or electronics that I can use and absolutely need but wouldn't purchase otherwise because they are too pricey and it allows me to also test items such as portable chargers blue-tooth speakers headphones and the lot.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't an option as to where to purchase or the price (in dollars) for the items I may have tested previously on the products page. Like lets say I like one the products listed and I would like to purchase another one say if my item broke or i wanted to purchase some as gift outside of the work place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is not only a fun tool to use for the people you employ, but a very influential morale boosting tool for a wide variety of departments. It gives an opportunity for employees to purchase items they need but wouldn't otherwise spend money on, with also giving the company to have the items with the company label to provide free advertising.

I like kudos not only that the kudos I receive can be redeemed for company labeled products so I can help with giving some free advertising while still looking stylish. But I also like the morale boosting qualities of how kudos make you feel as an employee. Before working here I've never heard of a couple giving out "Points" for doing your job well or sometimes just because you took some extra time to do something nice or out of the ordinary for someone you work with.

Todd C.

"Albert A Webb Associates - Engineering Services Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to communicate with associates in the office, in the field, and remote offices recognizing their birthdays, anniversaries, and career accomplishments. Great way to team build and create and instant change to the culture of our company. With regards to the user experience, the program is extremely easy to use. We even went a step further and implemented a custom mascot for our firm and create a variety of "stickers" to allow associates to use given the holiday or occasion. VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!

What do you dislike?

All positives, nothing to dislike. Well.....one thing. People never cash out? Maybe putting an expiration date on the point reimbursement to use them? Our company has over $50,000 not cashed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it right away! Regardless of your company size, it is extremely valuable for associates to connect with each other in a simple multi-tasking fashion that will not draw down on billable hours. We are seeing more in depth conversations occurring between associates when they see recognition of each other on the dashboard. I highlight recommend that all employees seek to incorporate this if possible. Has a great return on investment. Studies have shown that if you improve culture of your company; salaries etc. can be put on the back burner!

CULTURE!!!! We are building awareness of associates connecting their simple personal life updates with their career accomplishments.

Arianna Isabel M.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

that is easy to use- very self explanatory'

friendly- to everyone,

Easy to send a message just by typing your coworker name

Easy to add the green emoji the kUdos animal, and the different one they have, like drinking coffee or the cake for birthday!

the new feature that you can now send emojis( like the imessage )

The variety of stores/ services that you can cash out your kudos!

The dynamic and integration that the platform has is amazing.

And also the amount of kudos they give you monthly is very accurate.

very easy to understand and use , you can also send kudos to a variety of people at the same time, sending multiples good jobs/ or impressive to a bunch of peers.

The colors that Kudos software used are very friendly and easy to recognize, green, orange, purple and blue.

love when people give the Exceptional and Impressive one!

What do you dislike?

That next to the point that you give - should be the actual amount in real money $$ of what you are giving,,

Example : Good job is 10 kudos = 5 $ (in actual money)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

is an excellent platform!!! very friendly and incredibly amazing for any company looking to give a reward to their employees

rewards, people motivated, saving the kudos to use it for different things/ stores or saving it for a airplane ticket or something big!

a lot of options and new clients are making businesses with Kudos

Austin F.

"Making work fun!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is the ease of showing appreciation to my fellow coworkers. With the click of a button, I can thank anyone, anywhere for the smallest things (like having a Tums!) to the bigger things like helping with an account. I also LOVE the prizes that can be won. With our company, you can earn anything from a small rubber bracelet with the company logo all the way up to a high end lap top! I'm working towards a smartwatch now!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that my Kudos expire, but I understand why that is. It's incentive to use them at the end of the month if I have any remaining. I wish you could also customize the quantity of Kudos. The only options at my place of work are 5/10/20/50. I wish I could also better attach gif images although that's a minor point. I like to always add a funny photo or something relevant to make a person smile when they open my kudos. It really adds to the social experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get involved! The best thing about Kudos is the ability to make others shine and show gratitude for everything big, small and in between.

Our business has really used Kudos to help push the incentive to help with extra workflow. In addition to making the extra hours, agents can also receive Kudos prizes to add extra perks to working extra. This is a win-win for all parties involved.

Erica J.

"Kudos is the bomb!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can get exclusive items not available elsewhere. The products seem to be of good quality and are brand name. They have a good selection and seem to update the kudos prizes regularly. I have gotten quite a few things off of kudos, and I like that they have selections that range in value. You can get something with a little kudos or save up ad get something nice with a lot of kudos.

What do you dislike?

Kudos prices and the fact that we aren't give enough to give out. As a trainer I have enough kudos, but I know that the general CS on the floor only get 100 to give out a month, and they would like to be able to have more to give to their peers. The top kudos that they can give out is 50, and with the amount of kudos they are given, they are only able to reward 2 people a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We should have more to give out.

I am a trainer and I am able to use kudos as a reward system for games and other learning based curriculum. It is very helpful as a reward. My trainees are very excited and strive to win the games, which in turns makes them pay attention more. The prizes are unique and things people desire. I only wish that the regular CS had more kudos to give out to their peers.

Christopher A.

"One of the best utilities a business could ask for."

What do you like best?

The user interface is near perfect. Everything feels natural when you go to different pages and scrolling through your timeline. It has a social network feel (à la Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) It brightens my day to know that even if you think you didn't break a sweat helping someone, they truly appreciated whatever you did for them, and decided to give you their points for the help. It's truly a wonderful program and I hope more companies start utilizing it.

What do you dislike?

The only gripe (A minuscule one at that), would be that there's no search bar to look through kudo's whether it be giving them to other people, or people giving them to you. On some platforms, such as Internet Explorer, some of the images do not load. This of course isn't a big problem, but some companies that are still using it might want to use a different browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It definitely helps employees get to know one another better. Workers thrive to do better so they can get a chance to get some of their company's swag. It has a social network feel that we all know well. It has a video game feel which is nice for team building or having employees challenge themselves to do better.

If you do your job, you'll get noticed. If you get noticed, you get Kudo's. If you get Kudo's, you get free swag! Other than the competitiveness of it all, it's a great way to help others.

Pahel M.

"Extrinsic Motivation Redefined"

What do you like best?

Kudos has truly revolutionized how behavior in the workplace is acknowledged and expended the scope of good performance from purely financial to factors that encourage ideal teammate behavior. The aspect of a pat on the back after a long project has magical effect and brings the inner child in you! The aspect of being able to redeem your points for products you like act as a constant reminder to continue the good behavior you got the kudos for. Lastly, it allows teammates who may not be expressive and/or shy to give compliments in public to voice their recognition.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way you could add friends and have a kudos match up of the month with your co-workers. That would further the engagement on the platform beyond just top receivers of the month (who are often people outside of your work circle). Also, giving boosts to users for having streak of receiving kudos could also further the engagement on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One stop shop for all your consumer recognition needs that boosts culture through furthering engagement.

We are able to acknowledge good behavior such as expediting the timeline to buying someone a coffee in a tangible way, which may have else gone unnoticed. Kudos has benefited me through creating a better work culture in my office that focuses on core principles such as teamwork, hard-work, and speed. Truly one of a kind product that influences all aspects of work positively.

Mari M.

"Wonderfully Motivating"

What do you like best?

I love checking in every day to see the compliments and stories about why people are getting kudos at my company. We are split into 3 different large call centers around the country so it is also like I get to know some of my coworkers that I may not actually get to meet in person from another state. It's motivating to check in each week for new rewards and saving up for cool prizes. Our most highly coveted prizes include: apple watches, fitbits, a foldable bicycle, a macbook, ipads, and bluetooth speakers. My favorite prizes though are the clothing and blanket options. I love wearing my Chewy shirts, hoodies, socks, and hats at the office and cuddling in my giant Chewy blanket at home.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I absolutely love this application. Keep up the great work guys!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to keep your employees engaged and motivated, I highly recommend using kudos and stocking great prizes. Invest in your employees and they will not disappoint you.

Keeping us motivated and rewarded for our excellent customer service. My fellow coworkers and I love challenging each other to do better each day - whether its by increasing the number of phone calls we make or seeing who can process the most faxes or pieces of mail in an hour. Kudos keeps things fun! It sounds silly sometimes, but there have been days where I will do overtime because I am more excited to earn extra kudos than the extra money.

Stanfford H.

"Chewy Kudos "

What do you like best?

What I like most about Kudos is the dashboard showing everyone's compliments and reasons why they're giving or receiving Kudos. It's like Facebook for work! The rewards tab is very helpful in showing what is available with the points I have accrued and how many points will be left over if I choose to redeem that reward.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Kudos is not having a search bar where you can find the page of a particular person you want send kudos to. It's difficult finding who to give Kudos to if you don't know the person's last name so it'd be nice to be able to search based on the department they work in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be helpful if items that are not in stock to be redeemed as a reward would be removed from the site

There are no business problems I am solving with Kudos however I have realized its a great tool to use for connecting with new employees and showing your appreciation. It's also a good way to view others' compliments and reviews about the website.

Chances B.

"This application is great!"

What do you like best?

I love this system so much! It makes it so easy to communicate to employees at different locations. I am able to stay updated on all of my company's information. It is also a great way to thank, and show my appreciation for the ones that I work with. The supervisor are able to keep us up to date, as well as commend those that are excelling. I would recommend this to companies of all sizes.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can say that there is not one thing that I do not like about Kudos. I have thoroughly enjoyed using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! There is no point in waiting. Kudos has followed through with everything they promised to do. Our company has greatly benefited from this program.

I no longer get bombarded with company emails that do not apply to me. The information that I receive is pertinent to my department and needs.The system is user friendly and well designed.

Marcela R.

"Great way to give an extra high five and motivate team members"

What do you like best?

Receiving Kudos is always an unexpected and much-appreciated surprise. I tend to appreciate the kudos themselves even more than the monetary value attached. It's also been a great way to reinforce a "thank you" or recognize the hard work of my colleagues. The platform is straightforward easy to use so there's no excuse not to participate. We have it setup on monitors around the office so that we can see everyone's kudos and comments - this really helps to keep us up-to-date on what's going on with other teams and has instigated a more open dialogue around the office.

What do you dislike?

The rewards program is pretty limited outside of the US. We have international employees who don't benefit as much as the ones based in the US.

Improving company culture, providing incentives for internal competitions aimed at improving the customer experience. Incentivizing really is the most tangible and noteworthy benefit, however it has really helped to break down the silos that tend to exist amongst different departments as it gives more visibility to what's going on with other teams.

Emma M.

"LOVE KUDOS "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and how it shows awards. I like how personal it gets at some point and how they have so many options for gifts. It really motivated me to stay after a lot of days whenever my work says I can get Kudos from it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all! I think Kudos is a perfect site to use. I would not ask for anything else. But sometimes it does run a little slow but that may be just the internet

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Kudos is really easy to use and I don;t know why you wouldn't. It motivates me and my friends to stay after :)

We are showing our appreciation for people at work and people get more motivated to do overtime while using it. I find that whenever my work says they will give us 500 Kudos for doing something, people usually do.

Daniel B.

"Kudos a Great Way To Thank Co-Workers"

What do you like best?

I love that kudos is a quick way to thank people for helping you out. It is especially useful if your entire team is not in the same location. The picture and bios also make it feel like you are getting to know your co-workers that are in different locations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you search a person's name you cannot just click the banner on top and give the person kudos. This makes it difficult to give kudos to people you have not met so you are searching that person. I also wish you could manage what messages you got e-mails on. Some kudos messages are important to me and others are not.

Showing people appreciation quickly, and communicating with people who are in different locations. The benefit is that it makes employees feel recognized and helps HR know who the stand outs are.

Christopher P.

"Kudos is great to help recognize teammates!"

What do you like best?

There are multiple ways to recognize people either with just Kudos themselves or even with "awards" which are "badges of honor" if you will.

What do you dislike?

I can't really pinpoint a downside to the program. Giving Kudos to team-members is a positive, there isn't a downside to recognizing excellent work/help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only thing I could say is; why not? What do you have to lose with allowing your employees to recognize and reward each other? It helps boost morale, it gives employees something to work towards or look forward to (aside from just the desire to do well in your position). High morale, means high productivity.

Team-building and the ability to recognize hard work or team-members going above and beyond is great. People enjoy being recognized, and this makes it really easy.

Bonny O.

"Kudos review"

What do you like best?

Kudos can be used to redeem gift rewards, these include shopping vouchers, fuel vouchers, movie tickets, umbrellas, and these motivates employees.

It shows special events like birthdays for employees and tenure period making it easy to celebrate together these event.

It improves on the connection/relationship between employees as they recognize and shine others.

Kudos is accessible on all devices, let it mobile devices or computers through the web browser, making it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Kudos requires a working internet connection to work on any device. It's inaccessible incase there's not active connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To solve all issues around reward and recognition system in the company, i recommend Kudos.

Reward and recognizing employees.

It has helped to motivate employees after being appreciated.

Kudos has improved on the working relationship amongest employees.

Asia H.

"Kudos actually shows appreciation !!"

What do you like best?

The fact that KUDOS prove that other agents you sit right next to are also appreciative of your compassion and work ethic with other customers.

What do you dislike?

The anxiety that comes along with waiting or wondering if the experience you're having are positives or negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use, the environment of your job may just NEED this type of energy in the atmosphere. Kudos was something that could've possibly been used to keep at other telecommunication companies, as well as, Kudos make it possible to keep the environment filled with friendly competition. This program will bring you your next RECOGNIZED contributor to your company.

Staying alert on calls and not becoming a ROBOT!! Benefits behind this program makes it easier to acknowledge and notice those around you and won't keep you strictly focused on "your lead" or "your neighbors".

Cheyenne R.

"Work Social Media"

What do you like best?

I like this website because it operates just like Facebook or any other professional social media site but it is meant to only uplift our peers and recognize when we go above and beyond.

What do you dislike?

The main things I dislike are that the emoji function when trying to send a message doesn't seem to work, that there is a cap on the amount of kudos you can give monthly and I don't like that more people are not using Kudos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kudos is a great way to encourage positive talk around the work place and uplift the work environment.

I personally haven't solved any business problems using kudos. I generally benefit from the recognition from my peers and supervisors. I would like to explore the website more to see how I can utilize it for problem solving.

* We monitor all Kudos reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8

Get a custom product demo or quote tailored to your business.