Pingboard Reviews & Product Details

Pingboard Overview

What is Pingboard?

Pingboard’s employee networking software surfaces engaging info about people, teams, and the company, and puts it into the hands of everyone. The power of your organization lies within your people and the relationships they form. But old processes, bloated software, and siloed teams erode these foundational connections. Be the catalyst who reconnects your people and your business through an open, transparent workplace. Pingboard’s employee networking software surfaces engaging info about people, teams, and the company, and puts it into the hands of everyone — whether they started the company or they’re starting today. Power up your employee network with Pingboard!

Pingboard Details

Pingboard, is an employee directory and org chart software for growing companies. The software is designed to solve problems that growing companies tend to have such as getting up to date contact information for employees, helping employees put a face to a name, knowing who’s out of the office, and storing data on employees. Company information is housed in one directory that can be updated by the employees themselves or the administrators. It can also be shared or kept private.

Pingboard
2013
Austin, TX
@pingboard

Pingboard Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Pingboard community
Have you used Pingboard before?

Pingboard Reviews

Showing 266 Pingboard reviews
Already have Pingboard?
Senior Learning Management Systems Administrator
What do you like best?

Pingboard is extremely easy to use for both admins and end users. It really helps to put a face with the names of people we interact with every day, especially in a 100% virtual environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish our company permitted end users to upload their own pictures, but that is a policy decision and not a fault of the PB app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool is very easy to use. I love that it has a mobile app which includes a fun game to help recognize your co-workers. The new applause feature is also a nice touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy integration with ADP, so names, titles, reporting structure are all in sync. Able to create ad-hoc teams for various software projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Redacteur
What do you like best?

Pingboard is now the assistant of mine while I have to look for somebody to call and / or email as all the contacts of mine are next to the image of yours. It is good to use a picture to search, as well as Pingboard combines these 2 components to make a good option to your organization's online business pattern as well as contact list. Apart from being in a position to get into this powerful info from anywhere, I like the comfort of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot recall what I do not love about Pingboard! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Huge as well as very simple organizational values. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The management flow in preparing a task is fantastic. Nevertheless, I truly like the simplicity of contacting as well as finding individuals on Pingboard. I have begun using a couple of extra functions and also have only added some more information to the profile of mine. There's nevertheless a great deal to find out, is not there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Pingboard
Associate Director, Research
What do you like best?

I have never eased so seamlessly into a new job as I have with Pingboard by my side. Pingboard has helped reduce the number of times I've needed to say, "Sorry, what was your name again?" to virtually zero. With so many working teams, many of them remote, it's helpful to have a sidekick remind you of names to faces before jumping into a meeting or attending an event. My favorite part is the division by location. I can easily jump to the group of people I need to re-familiarize myself with quickly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app includes name, photo, and title, but not department in the quick text underneath each photo. I can get this information by clicking on specific departments, but this takes more work if I know a person I'm thinking of, but do not recall their department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's 100% worth it! I'm not privy to the costs of using Pingboard as I am only a user, but for organizations considering to add, I strongly recommend as it will significantly improve onboarding for your employees! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Greatest benefit is being able to address people directly and not relying on memory alone especially when there are too many people to keep track of every single one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a new employee to my organization, Pingboard has been a helpful tool. The platform has provided me the resources to learn who my colleagues are in preparation for meeting as well as other interactions.

I'm in the process of learning all of what Pingboard has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sharing birthdays, and career milestones would provide a space to cultivate meaningful relationships with colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be proactive when onboarding new associates to your organization by training them on all of the capabilities Pingboard offers your organization. This can be a very useful tool when training is integrated into your onboarding process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've had no problems to solve thus far. However, Pinfboard has aided by guiding me to the proper person to contact as I develop in my new role with Scout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

I like that it makes you look like a professional when you're not a pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate at first, however it's manageable with practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch youtube videos to help at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizational problems at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

7th & 8th GradeGirls Soccer Coach
Sports
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use the website and update information. Past websites I have used before have been lagging and sometimes hard to manage. With Pingboard, I have had no troubles updating my contact or work information or even my profile photo. Very happy with Pingboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't honestly say anything that I dislike about the website. From what I've used so far, its very easy to use and easy to catch on. Almost all of the features are self explanatory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Pingboard, its very user friendly and very easy to update information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being a coach for a huge club, sometimes it is very hard to get in contact with other coaches from different parts of the club. With Pingboard, I was able to find and use the employee or staff directory to find coaches or staff members that I need to contact and send them an email or call or text them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Provisioning
What do you like best?

Quick and Ease of use is by far the most important. It's basically the Google equivalent of contacts, which this company has tried a variety of options to try to facilitate but Pingboard is far better than the others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though it's quick, it could be quicker. The other thing I could thing of is adding some kind of "did you mean such and such". Also it's hard to determine who is in what group, so a better grouping system would be appreciated. One last feature would be to request that a user update their information. Say John has a bad phone number, you can just simply press a request update right on his page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a wonderful tool, there doesn't seem to be anything better for what we use it for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contacts, it has been a huge problem for this company, but with pingboard we have been able to drastically reduce the time in getting contact details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR + Communications Manager
What do you like best?

I am able to identify employees and their positions/ role in real time. This is especially useful after having had a meeting or conversation with someone who I don't usually interact with but it gives me a better understanding of what role they play in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about ping board is that the live organizational chart only automatically shows the heads of each department and I have to individually click through each one to identify where each employee is working and under what mentor or supervisor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if ou are someone that is considering using pingboard I would say go fot it! This tool is specially useful when your organization has over 500+ employees because it allows you to be on the loop of different teams and role changes. you will also be able to create stronger relationships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving many problems on ping board, especially as it pertains to teams recognition. For example, if I recieve a calendar invite from an unkwown name, I can easily go to ping board and look up their name in order to have a better understanding of who they are and what team they are on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Strategy Consultant
What do you like best?

Pingboard is an easy way to glance at the company as a whole and see where we are at in terms of headcount, out of office status and navigate departmental org charts. People can get up to speed quickly and figure out who they need to talk to or if others are out of office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be awesome to have more integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People are used to having to ask around to figure out where people are or who they need to talk to and this can usually solve those issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

I recently joined a company that use Pingboard, a product I hadn't heard of before. I found it immediately intuitive, and was able to navigate the company org chart with ease. This was a massive time saver and made my onboarding that much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "secondary" features such as the out of office functionality are a little lacking, and feel like second class citizens. Typically Pingboard is the last place I fill out my availability as I've normally already filled in existing tools such as Google calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pingboard is used as our Org Chart and company directory. Everyone is on Pingboard and I can quickly view the Org Chart to find someone in a particular department, location, role etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pingboard is a great tool to help new employees out names to faces around the office. It also helps see where your team is at all times, whether working remotely or traveling. It's also a great way to celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there isn't much I dislike about the platform. It is a bit bare bones when it comes to set up instructions for a new user, but it's pretty self explanatory from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great as a simple staffing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to see where everyone is, whether in the office or working remote. Helps to identify departments as well and to get to know new coworkers. Also, my company as two other offices that we collaborate with, rarely meeting in person. It helps to foster a team mentality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to see team structure, employees by location and contact information for coworkers. Having status updates in one place is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to see anything to dislike. Pingboard's a simple tool that delivers on its purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to see and interact with an updated org chart with all employees across the company, and filter by team or location. Employee profiles make it easy to connect a name with a photo, pull contact information quickly, see how long someone's been at the company and more. It's also a way to see which team members are out of the office, on vacation, on a business trip or working remotely. It's also helpful for new employees to get to know their coworkers, or to help coworkers in different offices connect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Calendar after updating work status (Remote, Business Trip, PTO, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't have approval option for managers. Not as easy for managers to see when their team will be out since it only lists dates. No calendar view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy way for new hires to see org chart. In addition, convenient way for employees to post their work status either view the website or through their convenient mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Desk Receptionist
What do you like best?

It has some great features to look at your company as a whole as well as see important individual data. We have been able to create some inter office recognition using pingboard as well has get essential information to increase effectiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would love a way to download the org chart with more modifications and be able to select what is appearing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to utilize it most recently for some individual recognitions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like how user friendly it is. There are not many obstacles hindering the learning of this new technology, and once you pick it up it is incredibly useful. The chart design is also very 'modern.' Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only features that are there are charts and diagrams that we refer to occasionally I believe that there are additional things we can add in order to make it fully integrated into office life, such as chat rooms/conference calling one-click by clicking on the person's profile picture etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like charts and visualizing, then use Pingboard. It's quite simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving management and communication problems. The benefit is seeing who each person reports to, and if there are issues we instantly know after a quick search who to communicate to. If there are issues that need to be escalated to the top then we know who to look for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

I love the visuals of Pingboard, it is very easy to read and navigate and has the ability to contain a plethora of information. It is also extremely user friendly and customizable from the admin aspect in regards to creating reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The zoom aspect has a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with. Also, I wish there was some record of when each invite or resending of invite was sent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It creates a central location for all employee information with their branch, location and direct reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Architect
Human Resources
What do you like best?

I love the live org chart and being able to clearly visualize departments & their people. I also really love seeing what roles we are hiring for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While clean, sometimes I find myself wanting a different version of the org chart that is less interactive, more clean, and even breaking up the org chart into a different more top to bottom scrolling format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flagging roles we are hiring for and having those notifications at the top when a user logs in is great. Understanding geograpihcally the layout of different orgs is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's really easy to see "who's who" within your organization! Being new to my company I used it to put faces to names and it made introducing myself so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike yet! So far it's been super useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits keep coming to the surface! Sometimes when people forget to update their OOO calendar or if they've updated personal contact info, I can find it in Pingboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The flow of the program is awesome. It helps speed up planning within the organization. I like how you can easily look up an employee and any business info you need is there to help assist you with your needs. Its a great program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish pingoard would let you see vacations better when you go to download to the computer with dates. It seems that when you download it shows everyone on vacation that month/ week and not the actual dates. I wish this part was a little easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps to make sure everyone is under the correct manager and job duties. When you need to send out a quick message the ping is there and is an awesome tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Generalist
What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate and simple to absorb as a user. The feel is organic, and the branding is consistent and pleasing to the eye. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The view in zooming in or out of an active org chart can be a little clunky, but overall it's very clean and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pingboard helps everyone get to know each other within the organization. Having access for everyone is very helpful. We love being able to track birthdays and birthday cake preferences to make everyone's birthday a special one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Operations Analyst
What do you like best?

Being able to find someones manager, being able to see the full hierarchy of the different branches of the org. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The login and load screen. Ping board will log out after like 10 mins and I will have to login multiple times a day. Each login takes about 3 clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for understanding who is where in a company hierarchy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to find out sales person's territory assignment's based on manager and who is the approver for certain changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having an org chart tool is invaluable, and pingboard meets that need. The ability to search and see a colleague in the context of their org chart location is a valuable one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zoom / pan feels a little too coarse. The smaller view is unreadable, while the larger view isn't information rich enough to be as useful as it could be. Also, the 2 different search boxes are kind of confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pingboard is a good option for cloud based org charts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see our whole org and understand where people sit within it, which is a valuable tool to have in any organization. It is great that it auto populates with new users as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I really liked to use Pingboard as I could easily see who is who in the company I work in and be able to identify them in person. It also has a fun format and the game who is who is cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t find anything I particularly dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it when you are new! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly understanding the structure of the company being new, and being able to fastly get to know who is who Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I liked that as a new hire I could go and see everyone in my company and get used to who does what so when a problem came along I knew who to go to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that everyone that is part of the company would upload a picture so that you could put a face to a name Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think pingboard is a nice tool for any company to have especially when there are multiples offices. It connects the people within the company and help people collaborate easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helped me my first week on the job to know my coworkers and make an impression when I remembered their name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.