WorkBright Reviews & Product Details

WorkBright Overview

What is WorkBright?

For businesses that are rapidly, seasonally, or just plain constantly hiring, WorkBright takes the cumbersome and traditionally paper-heavy process of onboarding and puts it all online. We make it possible for new employees to fill out their W4s, upload photos of licenses and certifications, sign digitally, and complete any and all paperwork from their laptop, tablet, or smartphone before they show up for their first day on the job. Integrations and an open API allow you to easily move data to E-Verify and other platforms you may be working with. More reasons to love WorkBright: Remote From I-9 - Scan and transcribe I-9 documentation from a phone - Allow a third-party authorized representative sign Section 2 - 100% Federally compliant with audit trail and timestamps Applicant Tracking - Post your open positions to hundreds of job boards - Customize screening questions to filter applicants automatically - Manage communication with applicants via text & email Integrated E-Verify - Transfer employee data automatically after completing I-9 - Approved cases return completed case numbers to profile - Easily view status of all cases from the E-Verify dashboard

WorkBright Details

Why choose WorkBright?
- Complete the entire onboarding process 100% remotely - including Section 2 of the I-9!
- Made for mobile! 80% of employees complete all paperwork from a smart phone.
- Streamlined administrative processes like error correction workflows built in to the platform!
- Unique seasonal hiring features like "rehiring" built in!
- 5 Star Customer service with a dedicated, local representative on every account!

Workbright
2014
Boulder, CO
@workbrightHR
943 Twitter followers

WorkBright Videos

WorkBright Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the WorkBright community
Have you used WorkBright before?

WorkBright Reviews

Showing 44 WorkBright reviews
Already have WorkBright?
What do you like best?

As corporate HR for several separate entities, Workbright makes it so easy for me to help our teams from afar, ensure everyone has the correct paperwork, and track completion of paperwork. Their system is completely mobile friendly and I can access information I need easily as I have several companies across time zones that I need to help at any time. I love that I can take a couple of minutes and help my team quickly and efficiently. Workbright's support team is very helpful and quick to respond & their development team works constantly are improving their systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is really due to how we needed our systems set up. We needed each entitie to have its own web address so any time we need to create a new form we have to do it 22 times. We knew this before we signed up with Workbright. Due to this same set up, we cannot copy over team members files that transfer. That has to be manually. Again, we knew this before signing up and it is most likely only an issue for a set up like ours. Otherwise, I do not have any dislikes. Great system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workbright solves our consistency issues in paperwork that we had before. Also, is very helpful is ensuring that paperwork gets completed correctly the first time! Also, helps saves some trees! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Coordinator, working with HR Director, Kei Dillard-Thomas, who is Administrator to the account
What do you like best?

I like that would could place all of the personnel forms we need to start a new hire with our company in one location, and have them upload the necessary items we need to get them started the right way with our facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that one of our forms cuts off the dates and some important information when they input it. We need make sure that information wraps around the cell that is on the form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great way to have your own HR department, if you're a small business. This will help you tremendously to get the right information that you need from your new hires, especially during a time where you don't want to have too many one-on-one contact. Everything is done electronically, and you don't have to handle any of the actually paperwork, but having all of the paperwork that you need to keep the information in their personnel file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to solve the missing or cut-off dates on our Personnel Record form. The benefits we found out is that we were able to add more items that was needed for a new hire to begin with our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

ATS pushes our ads out to various job posting websites. For the onboarding portion, actual signatures are on our forms - candidates are able to sign from a smartphone, tablet or computer. Ability to upload our own forms at our leisure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IF we create a new form & assign to a group in onboarding, the form goes out to everyone in that group, making things problematic if we only want new staff to complete the form. If we have a form with a lot of fields that need responses linked, we are not able to upload that on our own - Workbright has to do that for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a company that hires seasonally, be sure to verify what counts as a "new hire" each year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ATS saves time for our recruiter - she no longer needs to post to multiple job boards. There's one posting in Workbright that pushes out to multiple boards for sourcing applicants. On the onboarding platform - I am able to onboard more staff efficiently, as they are able to login to complete their paperwork as soon as they accept our offer. I LOVE that we are able to push updated paperwork and/or trainings out each summer via the onboarding platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Simple reporting for all of our needs in human capital. Super easy to upload and customize the forms that we use and the employees who need to complete those forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Growing pains after a few years of use (we've been customers since 2016). Year over year changes are clunky. WorkBright does not alert admins when profile info is updated by employees (for example, if someone changes an address we won't know unless they also email us). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are still operating in the world of paper benefits onboarding, and you are afraid of complex software with a difficult setup, look at WorkBright. Easy to understand and implement, and their customer service has been amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Went from paper to paperless in almost no time at all. As a school organization, we have new forms and different types of required information every year, and WorkBright makes it simple to add those new forms or custom fields for information we'd like to track by employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Workbright is extremely user-friendly... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Site maintenance timing was inconvenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Workbright is a great way to manage tracking. Take advantage of the reports feature. I also use the onboarding tab very frequently to make sorting through and accepting documentation faster. I would recommend taking advantage also of the feature that allows you to see when the last time an employee logged in was. Another recommendation I have is to coordinate your communication with the automated reminder emails sent by the site. You can remind them how to get back to the site using the link in the email. Also, the ability to attach notes for when there are status changes (such as if an employee is eligible for rehire) is great for keeping track of employees. When uploading documents to the supplemental tab, make sure upload one at a time. Highlighting six documents and trying to drag them into the upload box won't work. I would also recommend renaming the documents after uploading if you need to. It is much easier than downloading the document, renaming it, and then uploading again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workbright helps with document maintenance and tracking new-hires/employment history. Uploading and making changes is very easy. Being able to sort the staff by putting filters on for job title, active status, and form progression makes viewing groups much easier. Probably the most convenient feature is the auto-fill of information into the I-9. You can (and should) still check for errors, but there is no guess-work and no messiness of crossing out old information. Automated forms are also great because they save a tremendous amount of time in orientation. Also, there is no problem that our organization has encountered with using the site on a mobile phone. Our internet went down and everyone that attended used their personal phones to complete orientation without any noticeable issues. I appreciate being able to hover over the progress bar and see how many forms a person is missing. The progress bar is a beneficial feature also because you can click on the section of missing forms and a sidebar opens with a list of the forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

WorkBright is user friendly and the ability to post to so many job boards with the click of a button is amazing! Customer Support is always willing to help and quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have so far is getting logged out after so long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't find a better ATS solution for the cost. It's a complete package from posting ads and organizing applicants to on-boarding new hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our ability to track and communicate with applicants, from the day they apply to the day they are hired, has improved greatly with the addition of WorkBright. It has helped up stay on top of our applicants and not leave any with questions. It's also an awesome tool to make posting employment ads more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They make me feel successful and accomplished. I was new to this field when I began with my company, and now people come to me for answers because WorkBright has taught me so much about management of documents and support of staff. They're amazingly kind and supportive, and I really appreciate how down-to-earth they are about the painful paperwork and hiring process! They simplify it all, and are prompt in their responses when i have even the silliest questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike... I really can't. The platform is great, but the customer service and community is really where they get my biggest compliments! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to feel supported, successful, and cared for, choose WorkBright. They genuinely value their customers, and make it known. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ALL OF THE PROBLEMS EVER- they have made solving the issues associated with the increasingly complicated hiring paperwork more simple and easy to follow. I feel successful because of their support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR VP
What do you like best?

The ease of the setup was amazing! Great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The options for other providers - ex: the integrated company for backgrounds didn't meet our standards and using a different company was not optimal for feeding into workbright. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The hiring process is 1000% more efficient! The onboarding software is top of line - amazing PRODUCT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We love the ease of use, the streamlined layout, and the reporting functions. We can have custom forms added, along with all the standard onboarding forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have been using the system for a few months now and honestly have not found anything we would change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We would definitely recommend workbright for anyone looking to streamline their onboarding and new hire process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have greatly reduced the time it takes for new hires to complete their paperwork. Tracking their progress is much easier now. It has also reduced face to face time during the pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It gives us a lot more time to do other tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our recruiter reported no negative feedback and enjoys it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It allows you to focus on other tasks rather than spending all day collecting paperwork. This allows the new hire to do all the work for you but it's not hard for them because it's easier for them as well. All they have to do is take a picture and rather than us having to copy, print, scan, upload and download all this info 1 by 1, the new hire can take the picture and upload it and it's done. Saves hours a day and saves ink and paper as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

more time on our hands. Less paperwork. Able to save documents quickly and easily without having to do it ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The automatic reminders that are sent to the staff are a welcome feature, especially during the busiest of times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some changes to documents that you can't make on your own as an administrator. You need to rely on the WorkBright support team to make changes to some documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From the onset, we had to create some work arounds for some of our very specific document collection. WorkBright was able to offer wonderful customer support that allowed us to create a format that would work for our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the tasks checklist that makes sure I'm able to quickly verify what needs to be done and what is complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get lost attempting to find the specific person and task I'm trying to complete but over time with use, I'm able navigate quicker than before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workbright has saved a great deal of time with employment verification, specifically through the use of advanced I9 form features and easily accessible files and photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Workbright allows me to have all my employees paperwork on one platform. It is quick and easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful is the fact that some upload documents are not accepted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform if far superior to other platforms from other jobs. It is easy to navigate for anyone (even a non HR person). Workbright has the hiring platform for placing ads and then with a click in integrates into the onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the need to have folders in google drive with termination paperwork, write ups, quizzes, etc. Workbright has allowed me to have everything in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

The best feature for my business is being to go back and access a document that was submitted at a later date. It has saved us from having to ask people to do things twice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit cumbersome to have to track down the one file needed for a particular person in a sea of all employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's definitely helped with some of of yearly requirements. It puts ownership on the individual employee to see what is still needed from them and allows supervisors to spend less time owning that process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I appreciate how user friendly the website is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that information that should be entered is not always entered as it should be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to have all paper files, with WorkBright we have streamlined and have been able to work effectively from home without using paper files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that WorkBright sends notifications automatically to employees who have not completed all the required paperwork. It saves so much time and going through each individual account to see what is missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest to see at a glance which staff may need more individual attention, if anyone is ignoring the reminder emails, for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend WorkBright - streamlines the paperwork process of onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have to get required clearances for every employee (and volunteer), in addition to the standard onboarding paperwork, and this has improved the process greatly from a manual record-keeping process to a simple, automated process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Clerk
What do you like best?

The list format for the applicants makes it easy to view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I don't have an option to view a posting without having to go to edit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workbright is helping me organize and contact applicants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Responsive customer service. Additional industry and professional development that they offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still an imperfect solution to all of our HR needs, but no system has everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy, remote, fast access for our on-the-go, seasonal workers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

WorkBright has helped us to stay extremely organized in our onboarding process. Updating employee paperwork is a breeze. Our new hires enjoy using it as much as our admin team. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight delay in getting the paperwork you want uploaded. Typically it is all completed upon request, we do not need to follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are searching for an online applicant tracking platform that keeps your company extremely organized with multiple administrative users, look no further! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to easily address all concerns and have received prompt, professional responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

WorkBright has streamlined our Onboarding as well as provided us w. excellent customer service for years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike as of now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To setup a call and ensure they can meet all of your needs. They have always met our needs and are constantly evolving and increasing their capabilities. We are very pleased with Workbright! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've solved for our Onboarding paperwork and I-9 verification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

It's easy to use and is great for onboarding employees, they can even use a smartphone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is not a downside or a dislike to WorkBright, they are great at communicating when there is an issue and always helpful. The system does what we need it to for our employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Completing and processing new hire paperwork takes much less time while using WorkBright. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Employee gets and email and is able to complete all documents - even I-9 online. Love the integration with E-Verify. Updating forms is super easy and the customer service agents are very responsive. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it is not integrated with my payroll system - not your fault :)

Also wish we could download multiple pdf forms for our employee files at once instead of one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Electronic On-Boarding is made possible by this software. Especially in the COVID era, remote on-boarding is a must for small businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can customize everything to fit my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to not be able to have a "build your own form" tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to pull reports of our staff evaluations and search for specific trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources/Staffing Director
What do you like best?

I have used Workbright for the past 4 years and am continually impressed with the responsiveness of their Customer Experience team. Often, my requests are reviewed (and resolved) within the same day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have an audit trail for the custom fields in order to pull historic data for staff files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

High volume onboarding in multiple states, I-9 verification, performance management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to collect and review forms while onboarding our seasonal staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "season" feature makes a lot of tedious work on my end to make sure everyone ends up in the correct group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By doing all of the onboarding staff paperwork by hand and helps me keep it all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.