Absorb LMS

Absorb LMS is designed for efficient creation and delivery of learning programs for online training, instructor-led training, and blended learning programs.

Work for Absorb LMS?

Learning about Absorb LMS?

Absorb LMS Reviews

Ask Absorb LMS a Question
Showing 27 Absorb LMS reviews
Donald K.

"Great Full Featured Learning Management Package with Excellent Flexibility & Expandability"

What do you like best?

The environment provided to load my courses is flexible, while having a great base structure with lots of default features. With the Mercury module, we are able to create a look at feel that is unique for different client types. As mentioned below - I love the ability to categorize the courses into curriculums, groupings, and departments all while being able to customize the rules and management of each. This helps with managing users.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have not any issues with using or administering the LMS. I encountered some mislabeled image sizes when setting up or custom billboards which caused me to have to figure out the actual size. Otherwise our images looked stretched.

We are able to offer different curriculums with ease as well as report off of client activity and provide access to that reporting to managers. We are now implementing the purchasing of courses which is built in as an option in the system. We are saving time on setting up and managing clients. We have also been integrating the Absorb quiz feature within our courses to replace our exams built into our courses to solve the issue of incompatibility of different devices and browsers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Absorb LMS
Linda T.

"Flexible, capable and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

We deploy courses using an Enterprise model -- we have companies that sign up and each company is in a separate department. We can easily change the experience for one department or a group of departments - appearance, available courses, etc. Additionally, we can assign one or more admins with rights to one or more specific departments.

What do you dislike?

We would like the ability to schedule enrolments in advance. There is always room for some refinement, but we're very happy with the functionality. One of the things that can be tricky in any environment is the freedom to let learners seek (fast forward) through information to find something, yet still, monitor how much time the learner spent on a lesson to decide whether or not it was actually completed. But I believe that is because we're not using a SCORM wrapper so I understand the limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using a sandbox environment to evaluate the capabilities of the platform! The experience will speak for itself.

We've been able to roll out training across the country, at a pace that would be physically impossible with our small team. The on-demand training affords a pace that, even for a smaller customer base, wouldn't be possible. We're able to pace learning by offering smaller chunks of information, repeated and expanded over time. And the engagement level and quality of the material are so much better than if we tried to offer it via web-meetings.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Rebecca M.

"Run, run far"

What do you like best?

Speed of page access never slowed down no matter how many users we got.

What do you dislike?

The support is atrocious and they DO NOT CARE. It took 33 days for them to solve a major reporting malfunction (which they said I should do manually in the meantime), which I just discovered was not fully solved. The wait continues. I also had a major show-stopping issue with the system and it took several days for them even to get back to me about it. The software itself seems robust, but most of the features are lacking when you get down to actually using them. I've had to use many, many workarounds to get it to be an "ok" user experience for my audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try LearnUpon! We are switching to that and we love it.

I was trying to solve for the learning curve of our company product. It really just made it harder for learners to access learning.

Lane L.

"The system has allowed us to quickly deploy a variety of training to our employees. "

What do you like best?

Integration with 3rd party content is seamless. The customer support is outstanding, I have a single source contact and he is extremely responsive and timely. The system is easy to navigate and customize. The system has way more capability than we are using.

What do you dislike?

In a perfect world, you would be able to send different messaging (new user, course enrollment, etc.) based on Department. You can use alternate contact information but not the body of the message itself. I struggle a little bit with User Import/Update, it seems like it could be a bit more intuitive but it's probably just me. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absorb LMS has done everything we have needed it to do. It is fairly easy to use, once you get the hang of it. The customer support is truly amazing.

We needed to get employees trained quickly for an upcoming ISO Certification Audit. We loaded and deployed 87 courses which resulted in over 4,300 individual user enrollments, 400 completions per day (during the first 5 days) and over 21,000 system generated e-mail notifications. The system performed flawlessly.

Everett A.

"The very easy to use and straightforward LMS"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of creating new courses, adding assessments and importing third-party SCORM files. Being able to impersonate learners helps greatly in troubleshooting errors and functionality, which can be overlooked with an administrator point of view.

What do you dislike?

Running complexing reporting has gotten better with time and there is still room for growth. Looking forward to a bit more detail with the learner's transcript report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine what your overall goals are, how to want to deliver your content, where that content will be stored and what type of information will need to be reported on in the future.

They have helped us create an online learning environment that is self-running, self-paced and allows us to manage it with little effort.

"Review from a user with 2 years of experience with Absorb"

What do you like best?

It is reliable, flexible (especially the interface of the New Learner Experience). Customer service is great: quick and I always get all the information I need to resolve my questions.

What do you dislike?

For my usage of the platform, what I dislike are the fact that users can't unroll by themself to courses they enrolled (when they made a mystake)... and the HTML is very, very, very bad: even when I try HTML 5 coding, a lot of coding is not kept save by the platform. Even my webmaster who helped me to upgrade to the New Learner Experience agreed with me that the HTML editor included in Absorb is weak.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very satisfied with the product and the customer service.

A clarification: our organisation is around 50 employees, but we do provide training solutions to the 10,000 members of our Federation.

Our clients are physicians who could work day, evening or night. Elearning is a great option for them to continue their professional development.... and Absorb is reliable: I don't remember that we had technical issues important enough to no allowing our users to access the platform.

Amy C.

"Helpful and efficient"

What do you like best?

I really appreciated the onboarding experience. Our organization was new to the LMS experience and they assisted with training and answering all questions. Since launch, they have been extremely responsive, polite, and helpful when responding to support requests.

I have enjoyed being matched with a customer experience representative and always feel valued.

What do you dislike?

It is a struggle to come up with something that I dislike about Absorb.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that they are a great company to work with during onboarding and make every effort to customize to your organization's needs.

We have been able to host our online training for the first time and engaging our members in a new way.

Dana S.

"Great value"

What do you like best?

I love the value Absorb provided us. It is one of the most reasonably priced LMS’ on the market for the value it provides. It has all the features you’d expect from a top LMS but for a reasonable price. It is simple to use and the learning curve is next to nothing. We got our entire team using Absorb wayyy faster than we would have expected with a newly implemented system.

What do you dislike?

We did have one day of down time this year, which wasn’t ideal.

Employee retention and satisfaction improved. Our employees felt more confident on the job with proper training that we could continually improve through the reporting capabilities. Most important thing for me in the health care profession though was the reporting and how it was automated to let me know when someone had lapsed on a certificate. No more relying on a spreadsheet to make sure everyone had CPR training done.

"Overall a Great Platform for a Business LMS"

What do you like best?

Course admin and setup is intuitive and easy to train new team members on. It's also awesome to be able to brand the LMS. End users don't know "Absorb" they know "N2 University".

What do you dislike?

I would like a little more control over the way courses and resources display (only in alphabetical order). The search feature in the Catalog needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great choice if you want to brand the interface. Easy to use as an admin and simple to set up.

We're able to roll out training to a sales force across the country easily and quickly. Our sales users who complete their training in Absorb become profitable about 30% quicker if they use Absorb. It has greatly reduced the time we need to spend training the sales force through one-on-one phone calls.

Phil G.

"Great experience! "

What do you like best?

The people! Everyone at Absorb that I’ve been in contact with, from the first sales rep, to the account executive who signed the deal, to my assigned CSM, has been an absolute pleasure to work with! You can tell they all actually care about the product, and it makes a difference!

What do you dislike?

My learners were having issues with videos loading for a while, but when I contacted my support person about it, she (very kindly) pointed out that it was an issue with my video not with Absorb… Would have been nice if there was a notification that happen automatically there.

Our employee training has gone from boring mandatory compliance training that everyone (included myself) dreaded having to complete, to an engaging ‘I can’t wait to do my training’ kind of atmosphere. The leaderboard component has been a great way to foster competition within our team!

"Solid LMS for Corporate Use"

What do you like best?

The ease of building courses and managing users as an admin is fantastic. It takes no time to create a new course or train a new team member on how to use the back end of Absorb.

What do you dislike?

There are a few quirks that make things more difficult than they need to be. For instance, you can not set permissions for folders/categories, you can only set them for individual courses and resources. Also, most availability rules are only inclusive rather than inclusive and exclusive. Another example is all Resources and Catagories are ordered alphabetically.

We are able to provide comprehensive training and just-in-time learning for our team members. We've significantly reduced the time our trainers need to spend with new sales users since implementing Absorb.

Celeste B.

"Great for selling courses!"

What do you like best?

I'm not the best at technology, so I needed something user friendly. This has helped so much. The best is that the times I've gotten stuck, the support has always been there. I couldn't have grown my business without my CSM and I hope to one day get to meet them in person!

What do you dislike?

Wish the offline app was better! It's once in a million years that I get a complaint about this from my customers and it's never a huge deal, but would be nice to see changes here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT!

I sell courses on coaching endurance sports. Marathon running, triathlon, things like that. Absorb LMS has been a perfect business solution. The payment system is a breeze, the uptime is excellent and the course suggestion feature keeps my customers coming back for more.

Jessica B.

"Absorb offers so much functionality for L&D, Safety, Surveys, and so much more!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is very intuitive and easy to use. The filtering tools and ability to add/delete columns is great.

What do you dislike?

There are some filtering tools that I would like to see added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absorb will streamline how you track training and make audits so much easier. Once you have a course built it's easy to duplicate it and create more!

We can have all subsidiary companies use the same training and the reporting tools are excellent for tracking and audits.

Ryan B.

"Fantastic experience would definitely recommend!"

What do you like best?

The e-commerce functionality within Absorb, and the ‘courses you may like’ feature laid out sort of like Netflix have been hugely beneficial for our business.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have content creation tools built into the platform – more than just adding assessments to content. We were able to do this through a third-party provider and then easily upload the courses to Absorb, but it would be nicer if it was all in one place.

Our organization uses Absorb to sell our training content to our customers, and we have massively increased our revenue since implementing Absorb. Our customers find the system easy to navigate, so we have many more people buying training than before we used this specific LMS.

Therese C.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I have been able to upload multiple different files and courses to Absorb. Before I switched, I was having issues being able to combine SCORM files with other videos and pdf resources, but I’ve been able to upload them all to Absorb with absolutely no issues!

What do you dislike?

We had some issues initially with translation for a few more obscure languages, but they’ve been fixed and are working better now. Arabic still reads the wrong way.

Our organization members have been able to access and purchase all kinds of courses – making it a really personalized learning experience. They can choose courses that suit their learning style and preferences. Having all these different course types in one place has solved many headaches!

Tyrone P.

"Great LMS"

What do you like best?

How intuitive the platform is, there are a variety of useful functions that are made simple for even the least tech savvy people. Absorb takes the work out of organizing training, and with automation makes the next step obvious for learners.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a content creation tool in the platform

We were able to share information seamlessly across all members of the company, and allow different departments to add their own content that was relevant to a number of different departments and training. The collaboration helps get rid of unnecessary meetings, and disseminate the information across all departments, in an efficient and trackable manner.

Samantha F.

"Absorb: Great for brand personalization"

What do you like best?

Since our elearnings are branded and we are focused on brand pride. We were able to personalize our elearning site, organize lessons based on due dates and topics and create reports on lesson completion.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with uploading different file types into our document library. This has been something that creates delays in our coaches being able to access the materials needed for our weekly trainings. Supervisors also then don't have the materials to effectively lead their weekly meetings.

We are ensuring that our coaches receive consistent information through the modules we have designed. This platform has also allowed us also track module completion.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The layout and design of Absorb is definitely our favorite part. We were able to fully brand the portal to look just like our company’s aesthetic, and even customize the buttons to use our terminology.

What do you dislike?

Absorb has an unlimited number of admin roles – and you can customize who can/ can’t see what. Although this is a great asset, it meant I had to figure out who should and shouldn’t have access to certain things! Not an issue on their part, more so in my indecisiveness 😊

We knew Absorb would help us manage our mandatory on-boarding training, but where we’ve been surprised in the benefit is how much our employees have been seeking out their own additional training as well. Our management team especially, have been enrolling themselves in many more optional courses than we expected!

E
Executive Sponsor

" Basic learning management system "

What do you like best?

The absorb learning management system is a basic system that is relatively easy to use. Features are intuitive for new administrative users and employees alike. I recommend this system for a small or large company that is just getting started with an LMS.

What do you dislike?

Some features within the administrative side of the software can be cumbersome to use. A few features take extra steps that seem unnecessary and slow admin users down. The use of filters to drill down in data exists but using them can feel cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that all of your communications with the support and implementation teams are documented in writing

The absorb learning management system allows for the storage and maintenance of employee training records, both internal and external training records.

Patrick S.

"Solid LMS from a Teacher's Perspective "

What do you like best?

The UI is well designed and intuitive, allowing for a variety of useful functions that are easily accessible to less tech savvy users. The system allows for easy access to schedules as well as content for teachers.

What do you dislike?

The calendar function could be better developed to allow for integration with other calendars. Absorb seems better designed for corporate than it is for teachers.

Absorb allows us to consolidate all of the content, scheduling, and administrative tasks that teachers need access to. It streamlines the process and makes it easier for online teachers to go about the business of teaching with little administrative headache.

"Absorb is the best software for trainers and trainees!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how great Absorb works. As a customer service trainer, it is important to have software that I trust to help me teach! The students also love the ease of use that Aborbs brings, as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio quality can be slightly lacking, but this is normally a fixable issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lots of ways to use this tool, playing with the settings is helpful!

Training across our global community! This is a fantastic program that helps teach out customer service agents through an online portal.

"Technical training roll out with metrics tracking"

What do you like best?

The customer support! We were assigned a client success manager right from the beginning of our implementation, and they have been a great resource for us so far.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is quite extensive, but we realized fairly early on we were looking for even more robust reporting capabilities. We were however able to work with our CSM and get set up for the Business Intelligence module, which has allowed us to achieve the reports we needed! Does cost more for this package though.

The automation is a huge benefit for us. We have a small training department, and were previously managing training manually. Now with our Absorb platform, everything is automated and much easier to manage with a small back-end team.

Drew R.

"Good software for a customized LMS"

What do you like best?

It is easy to add a course and to then make edits/changes to that course to send to our employees

What do you dislike?

Updating employee records quickly such as manager or location changes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a product that is easy to use and customize-able then this is the one for you.

We are able to train employees at all of our office locations instead of having to travel to locations to train

T P.

"User-friendly product, great support"

What do you like best?

The user interface, support team, and assessment capabilities

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be a bit more extensive, but apparently it can be with the BI module?

Our employee training has been much easier to manage. Would certainly recommend

Bryan C.

"Solid Core, Easy to Use, Low Cost - Pure LMS - NOT a talent management system (and rightly so)"

What do you like best?

Lots of recent polls show that companies don't like their learning management system. The reason is that most LMS's are too complex, steep learning curve, not very flexible, often they have too many features that are not used. Absorb LMS has a good balance between just-enough functionality and easy of use. Keeps delivery costs low. Through a competitive bid analysis, we found Absorb to be about 25% of the cost of leading systems (e.g. Cornerstone, Saba, SumTotal, etc.). Much of this is because of the simplicity of the system. We added it to our shortlist because of their alliance with TinCan. We wanted to use it to track use of informal (non-scored) learning content. Works great. Nice mobile deployment. The primary interface is designed to play equally well on desktop and mobile, rather than use a completely separate interface for mobile. Very helpful. Finally, we needed multiple branded user interfaces. Worked well. Very good built-in e-commerce engine (great for companies that sell content)

What do you dislike?

There is no/minimal interface for creating branded interface. Requires deep technical experience or having the vendor do it for them. The company doesn't offer a built-in social learning module (like several other LMS vendors do). They designed it to work with third party social tools (good or bad, depending on how you want to use social learning). One of our needs was to have learner/end users be able to add user-generated content to the system. We had to explore a workaround to give learners limited admin capability to pull this off. Again, it is NOT an integrated talent management system. It is a pure LMS. For us that was great because we weren't looking for a talent management solution. So, this isn't a dislike, just a comment that may help others choose wisely.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Absorb for any organization selling content (good internal e-commerce engine, but can also be configured to work with third-party commerce engines), good for groups that simply want to provide learning (elearning, classroom, virtual classroom, mobile, digital resources, etc.); but aren't trying to build out an entire integrated talent management infrastructure (learning and performance). If you already have a talent management/HR solution and just want to focus on the learning side (and pass data back and forth) it would work well also. Especially good to add to your shortlist if you have budgetary constraints. Very powerful for a low-cost solution. Great cost-to-value ratio.

Sharing association learning content with members. We provide core training as a value-add included in membership dues, but also sell subscriptions for additional content libraries and resources. We provide branded interfaces for our association members so that their learning portal matches their own brand (not generic for the association). Our members very much like having branded content, flexibility to manage their own learning portal, and simplicity of using the system. For us, we lowered operational cost tremendously and have more options for creating content and adding third party content from our partner and providers of eLearning course libraries.

Learn more about Absorb LMS

Absorb LMS Videos

Learning about Absorb LMS?

* We monitor all Absorb LMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.