Braze

Braze

Braze (formerly Appboy) is built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customers. We replace decades-old databases and poorly integrated internal and external tools with live views of every customer, highly intuitive customer journey building, in-the-moment campaign optimization, and more.

Work for Braze?

Learning about Braze?

Braze Reviews

Ask Braze a Question
Showing 34 Braze reviews
Braze review by Nikolai K.
Nikolai K.

"From application developer point of view"

What do you like best?

I've done an Android integration of Braze SDK to our application. What I liked best:

- The SDK itself is well documented

- A comprehensive Platform Integration Guide that gives both the technical information and an accessible feature-guide for a "technical guy" (who may not be involved in all the marketing and analytics tips and tricks)

- A friendly and prompt technical support that is willing to help.

The overall SDK quality is great. It is proofed by both our production application monitoring with many customers and also by our security team audit which didn't find any flaws.

What do you dislike?

From a developer point of view I don't like the Singleton pattern that is the main one used in the SDK.

As we mostly use a DI approach, the Interface/Implementation approach will work better for us and make testing easier.

With Braze we gave our marketing and analytics team an ability to build CRM campaigns and experiments without efforts from the in-house development teams.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Braze
Braze review by Kaushik B.
Kaushik B.

"A product with great potential built by a mighty team"

What do you like best?

Usability:

Braze platform is easy to learn and quite intuitive. We needed very little training for our user community to start using the platform.

Tools, Utilities and Data:

Braze platform provides some easy to use tools to feed and extract data out of the platform. Detailed event level data available through Currents is also super helpful to feed to our analytics system. Platform has standard reporting and pulled another custom dashboard to meet our needs. This showed their customer centricity.

Product Roadmap:

Braze Customer Success team and their frontline leadership has always been listening to our needs and ready to include features in their roadmap if they are generic enough to be useful to their wider customer base and also suggest ways to get our specific requirements done.

Partnership:

Whenever we need them, they are available. CS team is proactive, Product team is responsive and the leadership team is supportive. I called our CS team many times for suggestion/solution to a problem and always provided a reasonable solution or advice.

What do you dislike?

I do not agree to the word 'dislike', I believe there are opportunities like any product to improve.

1. Braze now needs to take a leap towards a smarter platform providing integrated capabilities for personalization. A multi-channel consumer product in today's marketplace requires this capability to stand out from the competition.

2. Opportunity to add some low-lift features to provide user convenience. Like, a better (WYSIWYG) templating tool for emails as the email templates are specialized and not everyone may like to maintain this skills in-house. As an email marketing tool, this is kind of table stakes.

3. Optimization/further simplification of their frontend features (I expect to enter the campaign details only once for all channels with the ability to customize if required)

4. Capability of better reporting and analytics in-built to the platform

We are only using the email channel currently. The platform gives us the ability to A/B test easily and measure the outcome.

What Mobile Marketing solution do you use?

Braze review by Uzair H.
Uzair H.

"Comprehensive automation and 360 degree customer view"

What do you like best?

Braze has resolved the biggest problem of marketing automation, building a single profile for customer that can be targeted from the channels (email, app push, web push, news feed, web hooks, etc) provided. This gives us the flexibility to do cross-device marketing as well. Apart form this, it's very easy to use and robust (few downtimes). Customer Success team takes your objectives as their personal objectives and strive hard to make them meet.

What do you dislike?

No solution at the moment to do personalization; Ability to amend / edit purchase events; Absence of GCC office;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Braze is one of the best tools to work, perform thorough market research before finalizing any vendor.

We have been able to increase our CRM revenue by 3x. Thanks to real time marketing automation that we are able to do now. Apart from this, we are using Braze to collect and utilize customer data for other teams. This helps us in better understanding of customer behavior, proper attribution, and better transparency on what is happening.

Braze review by Willie S.
Willie S.

"One of the best automation software out there with a great team."

What do you like best?

Support

Braze has the best customer support system I have worked with to date. They are open to take feedback from clients and very agile with suggestions we give them. The customer success managers go out of their way to give advice and also keep you up to date with their product road map.

User Friendly

The system is very user friendly. I really like the fact that our business can be agile to execute multiple channel campaigns very quickly because of their easy system.

Constantly growing

One thing i picked up was how quick they are growing and introducing new features regularly that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. As mentioned before they are very open to feedback and it feels like you help them helping you, and creates a very good working relationship. The numerous achievements they have accomplished in a short time shows you that they have a good team in place and makes us feel comfortable.

Feature Rich

The multitude of features available in Braze allows for very rich campaigns and is allowing us to run A/B tests and increase our reach to customers. The features they have available is innovative and very valuable if used correctly.

What do you dislike?

Email delivery through a third party can sometimes feel like they do not always have control about email issues But generally the response is very quick and we have not had any major issues. Other minor issues include long load time for very complex canvasses, but we raised it as a concern and had feedback instantly .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marketing, Data & Analytics, and Engineering needs to work close together when implementing and then the different areas will have more/less responsibility once live.

We found that using Braze and the feature they call canvas reduces manual work. With the rich automation available you can setup a range of features that can produce really good value for the business.

Braze review by Christine D.
Christine D.

"Come for the platform, stay for the people!"

What do you like best?

Braze makes my job as a engagement and growth manager so much easier! I spend way less time on the (historically) hideously time-consuming tasks of mapping out user journeys, setting up campaigns and ensuring guardrails around segmentation. Machine learning means my campaigns and A/B testing are much more efficient. Though I love the tool and find it really intuitive, if I get stuck I can always reach out to the good folks at Braze! They are terrific and patient (which I can attest to first-hand) and they are always there to help me work through my challenges. My contacts at Braze are also terrific sources of ideas and testing that help me get the most out the platform and excel at my job.

What do you dislike?

The search function makes me crazy and should be fixed immediately because my keyboard is covered in tears.

At this point we are running tests and tests and more tests - all in an effort to drive engagement across multiple segments. Braze has been a key part of that process, and our early success using CRM.

Braze review by Valentin L.
Valentin L.

"Very good product & Reactive team"

What do you like best?

The best CRM product I used so far: allows us to design complex scenarios using push notifications, emails and in-app messages. It is very easy to use and the analytics features give us good insight to constantly improve our campaigns.

The team, especially the account manager, is reactive and brings relevant solutions.

What do you dislike?

I have serious doubts in some data accuracy shown in Analytic features such as the "Campaign retention" which is in Beta for a long time now.

Canvas feature is useful but the Analytics side is limited.

I'd like to be able to amend the conversion events once the campaigns are launched.

We constantly try to improve engagement & retention on the free side of our app. We also use campaigns to bring people to convert to our premium features and reduce churn.

Braze review by Lou M.
Lou M.

"Powerful & User-friendly"

What do you like best?

The Canvas technology allows us to build complex funnel in a simple way and to achieve our most complex CRM strategies. We can easily import our own data to have strategies that are using user centric data and activity data. A/B testing on Braze is very easy and useful too. Braze day-to-day support is also amazing.

What do you dislike?

While the Push notification offer is very complete, the email offer misses a good templating tool to easily build and change email templates.

With Braze we can easily use our own data mixed with in-app activity data to build our CRM campaigns, it was not possible before with our existing tools. With Braze we increase our volume of active users, and we started our first monetization campaigns.

Braze review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Breath of fresh Air"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like about Braze. It's a breath of fresh air vs competitors like SFMC or Responsys. Braze is always innovating. Creating campaigns and customer journies are extremely easy and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

There are only a few minor feature upgrades that I think with enhancements will improve Braze overall. Copy steps in Canvas, copying templates, etc. Versioning in canvas is another great feature that is missing from Braze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform that is always innovating and releasing quicker than most. Braze is the right choice.

We are using braze for all customer communication. (Email, SMS, WebPush)

Braze review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"It gets better and better"

What do you like best?

Its a very easy platform to work with. Setting up campaigns/canvas is pretty simple and straight forward. I really like their multichannel feature where we can set up an email as well as a push campaign. There are lot more cool features with this platform. The success team is very responsive and happy to help if you run into any issue or need help with anything. In case you are new to the platform they have amazing learning labs. Every release they have some enhancement and if there is any feature you requested if its within the scope they would be able to build that for us.

What do you dislike?

We wished some of the features existed but the platform has some limitations but we have our work arounds the limitation. I wish they had better way to preview users data for canvas analysis.

We want to increase our users engagement with the App and increase our new diner retention. We have been able to engage users through Braze.

Braze review by Alexandra M.
Alexandra M.

"Powerful product, wonderful team"

What do you like best?

Braze is the leading platform in user engagement automation and for a good reason! I've been working with them for 2+ years - their platform is extremely powerful, volatile, ahead of the curve in terms of technology and it covers all channels that one could need.

No matter your business or technology, you will be able to build extremely customized campaigns with spot-on targeting and timely delivery - all of which is automated. Technical issues are easy to spot once you understand how you can use the platform's technical logs. Also, it is the perfect product to build user multi-channel complex user journeys.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I would perhaps prefer that product requests from clients would take a bit less time but it is very understandable that they are prioritized according to product plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scope out your campaign needs as well as your technical requirements, complexity etc for a smooth integration.

User re-engagement via push messaging and in-app communication.

Braze review by Andrea M.
Andrea M.

"Braze Review"

What do you like best?

segmentation abilities, triggered campaigns, but mostly our account manager Nick. He does an incredible job in helping us through our challenges that we may not initially understand.

What do you dislike?

reporting is not intuitive, especially for Canvas, where all of our onboarding campaigns live. creating an email can be difficult sometimes when it comes to formatting. don't like that it's not easy to tell when a campaign isnt working the way its supposed to (but i hear that Campaign Threshold Alerts are in the pipeline)

Automated messaging!! Makes all of our lifes easier. We've been using Canvas for our onboarding, but we just recently started using them for running national campaigns with a longer timeline and its great to set it up one week and not have to worry about it again for a month.

Braze review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Powerful "

What do you like best?

Braze is built for marketers, and can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be. From multiple-step and multiple-channel flows to quick, one-off blasts, it's really what you make of it.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools need some work. Creating more in-depth analyses takes a lot of manual work, especially if your team didn't spend extra on Currents or if your data/product team doesn't have time to prioritize building complicated dashboards for you.

We use Braze to increase engagement and reduce churn of our apps and websites. We're seeing big improvements in both weekly and monthly retention, and are able to experiment quickly with new ideas through Braze.

Braze review by Ivan d.
Ivan d.

"Good product and great customer care"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy their customer service, our account manager is always super prompt to answer and shares valuable information/updates/solutions.

Overall the tool is easy to use and fits it purpose well.

In app messages are great: inbox, fullscreen + push messages are good

Easy to create segments and play around with them

What do you dislike?

Email product still needs improvement, we had little help on the IP warmup, we could have more info on pressure and better analytics tool (statistically relevant or not)

Generating additional conversions + communicating about new product features

Braze review by Helen Z.
Helen Z.

"Braze has been good. "

What do you like best?

Out of the 4 esps i've used, braze has been the most reliable so far. I don't have to worry about segment uploading issues or sending issues. The UI is very pretty and friendly to easy. By far one of the easiest UI to understand. I like all the options braze gives, such as adding a seed list and frequency capping.

What do you dislike?

I'm never 100% sure if the data is accurate. I haven't ran into many issues yet. We've only been using it for a couple of months. So far, so good though.

We are trying to figure out how to target and segment users through a/b tests. I like frequency capping because it helps us miminize how often we target a specific user.

Braze review by Gaela L.
Gaela L.

"One of the best CRM platform on the market"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use

- New features each quarter & constant improvements

- All channels in one platform (push, in-app messages, email, web-push, web popup, newsfeed)

- Reliable for apps with high volume of users

- Canvas feature with easy testing, control group & mutlichannel possibilities

- Nice support team, very available

What do you dislike?

- Price (although it is worth it)

- They could improve reports from Canvas, but I know they are working on it.

Increase company KPIs thanks to the segmented & personalised communication.

Braze review by User

"Functional and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Braze is extremely intuitive, which is very refreshing after working with a couple of other marketing platforms in my career.

What do you dislike?

The analytics is not very robust, but being that it is a relatively new product, I am sure there is more to come as the Braze team takes feedback very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product. It's very easy to use. I have even trained non-marketers in my organization to use it and they are surprised by how easy it is to use for their non-marketing campaigns.

Building out multi-variant campaigns and testing at a quicker pace. It's very easy to launch new tests, without having to spend a lot of time getting it together.

Braze review by Noa G.
Noa G.

"Braze is a fantastic email platform!"

What do you like best?

Canvas is my favorite thing I've ever found in an email marketing platform

What do you dislike?

I dislike the availability to assess results from our email campaigns - we have a hard time finding clicks per individual link in an email, as opposed to overall click through rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this product if you're looking to grow and maintain your user base!

We are able to send all our drip nurture campaigns through braze and this helps us improve engagement.

Braze review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Engagement & Retention Manager"

What do you like best?

- User friendly UX

- Housing multiple channels in one platform

- Canvas

- Campaign automation

- Stores user data

- Constantly adding new features

- Friendly, responsive and proactive account managers

What do you dislike?

We would like it if the platform had more in depth reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend checking out the competitive landscape and making a decision that suits your company's business needs.

We are focused on increasing the value of existing customer relationships, developing and executing growth-oriented marketing strategies for driving increases in app usage, subscriptions, engagement with the brand, and long-term retention. Braze helps us reach our users and keep them retained.

Braze review by Eléna V.
Eléna V.

"Good platform for a CRM App"

What do you like best?

Braze mixes very well a centralized CRM for a high volumetry app. We use it for emails, push notifications and in app messages. It's perfect to have a tool that centralizes customer view and messaging with nice targeting and triggering mode.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations always exist in that kind of tool. It would be great to have better analytics tools for example (but it can be overcome by plugging your preferred analytics tool directly to Braze)

We are looking at customer journey and helping our customers to discover our product, come back to it, engaged to it and convert.

Braze review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"We used Appboy for all our App Marketing needs including Push and Newsfeed. "

What do you like best?

The are growing fast and continue to add features to expland their breadth of offering. They added Web Push to our feature set when we weren't even thinking about these marketing channel.

What do you dislike?

Their account managers could be better at understanding our issues and responding with relevant help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all of the competition but if you want a fast easy implementation with a growing company, Appboy can help.

We are trying to drive more customers to our app and keep them there longer. Their easy push and newsfeed solution help us market to our app customer seamlessly.

Braze review by User in Internet

"Very good customer service and user friendly interface"

What do you like best?

The account management steps forward very promptly to offer a genuine help when difficulties come accross.

The software interface is very intuitive and allows an immediate ease of use.

What do you dislike?

We can't set up proper A/B test when sending multichannels campaigns but I know the product and tech teams are working on allowing clients to find solution to quickly and accuratly iterate on their content.

We are focusing on improving the customer lifecycle by leveraging all available channels and articulate them in the best possible way: push, email, inbox, fullscreen.

Braze review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great product to work with"

What do you like best?

It`s a very easy tool to work with... Much easier than many others on the market and with same / better functionalities. Braze team is constantly improving the product and launching new features.

Our success manager is very prepared and always responsive and ready to help.

What do you dislike?

Reporting for canvas can be improved.

Also triggering campaigns with settings as e.g. -3 days before the event requires a big workaround.

Campaign Automation and personalization.

Braze review by User in Computer Software

"Consumer engagement on B2C products "

What do you like best?

I love how Braze has in-app, push and email within one tool that can be implemented across all of our consumer products. Being able to connect multi-channel campaigns is key to intelligently target our users for high return in engagement.

What do you dislike?

There’s so much information and things to learn about the tool, it can be difficult to fully be aware of how to make specific use cases work. On the flip side, they have tons of articles, documentation and learning tools.

The interface allows us to create cohesive and connected marketing messsges that target users in a personalized way. The right message, to the right person, at the right time = increased engagement

Braze review by Administrator

"Amazing experience with one of the best CRM tools"

What do you like best?

The whole interface is very easy to use. Even when you've never been into th CRM world this tool will give you everything you need.

What do you dislike?

It should include an email creator inside of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you go Braze you never go back.

Our whole CRM is solved with Braze, its an amazing tool that provides everything we needed.

Braze review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Good, but not enough "

What do you like best?

Somewhat easy to target audiences, make complex nurture campaigns, and market across different channels (push, email, in-app)

What do you dislike?

Product is not there yet and a lot of it needs work (email platform is very difficult to use and not friendly to those who don’t code - mail chimp is much better), and analytics is hard to grab without buying into Currents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how important email marketing is, and how sophos aged out want your emails to be. Braze emails are not easy to use u less you have a technical coder

Multi channel marketing solution, especially for a mobile app. We can now target in multiple channels.

Braze review by ★ William K.
★ William K.

"Gret Marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

Great features like canvas. Very easy for non technical people to run campaigns without requiring tech help

What do you dislike?

I wished the platforms were mutualized (right now you need to duplicate campaigns, per platform).

Too bad there's no free tier anymore

Marketing automation

Braze review by Administrator

"Great tech, small but smart team. "

What do you like best?

They have a really great and robust product. It is super powerful and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The team is small, so sometimes product requests get shuffled around. A few times we had to raise concerns to the CTO in order to make the product work for us. The good thing is that they are very responsive.

Sending promotional push notifications and emails through a smart, streamlined pipeline.

Braze review by User

"It is OK and I wish it had more features."

What do you like best?

I really like that their customer service reps. It feels like they really listen to your feedback.

The product itself is good enough to work with and currently meets our needs. The UI could be more user-friendly in many ways.

What do you dislike?

There are many essential features missing. For example, we can't view previous messages sent to our customers or can't resend any sent messages.

It could be also way more user-friendly than it is right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool and still improving

We are using Braze to send notifications and email campaigns to our customers.

Braze review by User in Internet

"Appboy for the win"

What do you like best?

- Constantly adding new features / improving the dashboard

- Reliable (very few bugs, downtime)

- Super easy to create campaigns on the fly

- Super easy integration with our backend systems (API triggered campaigns, Connected Content)

- Super easy language handling

- Responsive and helpful support team

- Really easy to A/B test

What do you dislike?

- Synchronization between production and staging accounts difficult

- Customised splashes tricky to deal with

- Could have done with more handholding when it came to warming the marketing email IP

Solves our primary problem of dynamic, relevant, reliable and regular communication with our users with flying colours.

Braze review by User

"Braze is your key to unlocking personalization!"

What do you like best?

- Allows me to personalize, target, trigger my mobile messaging campaigns

- Ability to easily A-B test copy variants within the UI to get results right away

- Great support team

What do you dislike?

Ability to extract data from Braze for campaign analytics and user insights could be better

Deploying all mobile messages from Braze today -- push, in-app notifications, inbox cards. We benefit from richer content with our inbox and much more targeting capabilities compared to our prior vendor.

Braze review by Haitham Q.
Haitham Q.

"Easy to use, useful tools, Accurate result of each mail client."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software and the tools of braze helps a lot to automate the promotional emails before it reaches the clients

What do you dislike?

Need to pay for each feature mosly.

debugging features.

Braze review by Guy G.
Guy G.

"Great multi channel tool"

What do you like best?

All the channels and integrations Braze have. Customer support is great!

What do you dislike?

A/B testing can be improved with more groups and better analysis.

Marketing, segmentation, communication

"Braze Customer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, appealing UI, helpful support

What do you dislike?

Canvas can be a little confusing sometimes

Braze allows us to send campaigns seamlessly.

Braze review by User in Computer Software

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to select the users you are sending the notifications to.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't cancel a campaign after a certain time and it gets confusing when you are trying to send it to different time zones.

I like the organization and targeting that you are able to do with Braze

Learn more about Braze

Braze Videos

Learning about Braze?

* We monitor all Braze reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.