SquareUp Payment Method Reviews & Product Details

SquareUp Payment Method Overview

What is SquareUp Payment Method?

Squareup Payment Method by CedCommerce allows the admin to accept payments in his Magento 2 store using the Square payment method, one of the leading payment processors. The details of the customer are accepted via a secure form provided by Squareup. These details are sent to the Squareup server in return to which a response is received.

SquareUp Payment Method Details

It provides Square payment facility to the customers and lets the admin accept payments in his " Magento store " using "Square payment method " , one of the leading payment processors.

CedCommerce
2010
Uttar Pradesh, India
@cedcommerce

SquareUp Payment Method Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SquareUp Payment Method community
Have you used SquareUp Payment Method before?

SquareUp Payment Method Reviews

Showing 26 SquareUp reviews
Already have SquareUp Payment Method?
Founding Partner
What do you like best?

Nomatter where I am, in the store or at a flea market, I can plug in my card reader to my phone and make my sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Downside is processing fees but compared to other payment software it's not too bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for those who just want to sign in and go with no hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to accept payments on the go and in website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Développement de programmes de E-Learning/gestionnaire de la réussite client
What do you like best?

Square is seamless in that it provides not only a payment system but an E-Commerce platform to sell your goods and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything immediate other than the style interface for the E-Commerce platform is not feature rich..yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it as it is pure simplicity and easy to scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved the problem of processing recurring payments for subsciption services that I offer. Square makes is easy to change , track and manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I find it to be extremely user friendly for any level of commerce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a higher fee to let in a card if you are not local to your customer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to take credit or debit cards from people that may not use Venmo or PayPal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like most about Square up is the ability to create static (store "like") and dynamic services (appointments). The static service items can be synced with a direct purchase. Here is a great example: https://checkout.square.site/buy/66PVOZFPCPYXWSJDDT6J7OQR. Or you can embed a list of services appointments or individual services which seems to be less confusing for our customers.

Our visitors seem to have no issues making payments.

We typically receive out payments within 24 hours of payment. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to link service appointments without embedding them (like in this example https://checkout.square.site/buy/66PVOZFPCPYXWSJDDT6J7OQR). Embedding a service into a website can conflict with some web designs. So, it would be great to have the flexibility (much like the static service items) of just including a direct link to service appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out their many add-on applications. They have a very extensive list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My web host offers a pay gate, but I prefer using Squareup, because it allows us to link our pay gate outside of our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I really like that I’m able to accept any credit card payments right to my phone with the square attachment piece. I also like that I’m able to instantly deposit the money I receive for a small fee or I can have it set up for next day deposit with a smaller or no fee! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that I have to have up to $25 in sales in order to instant deposit to my bank. If I only have one sale on there, but really need the money, I still have to wait until the end of the day or the next day for my money to be deposited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your bank account is not negative because Square will need to make a deposit and take out in order to verify the bank account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m solving the problem of a client not having any cash, but having a credit card on them and so I’m still able to take payment from them. The benefits I’ve realized are that it’s much quicker to take a card payment on my phone and then have it in the records on my square account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI of SquareUp is pleasing and inviting, feeling both professional and full of personality. It’s easy to train in, and relatively simple to get numbers from the back end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are confusing, but it’s easy to simply leave them alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We replaced Storefront with SquareUp and are happy that we can use SquareUp for our inventory, register, and payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the "reports" tool where you can go back to any point in time and track your sales by specific days, weeks, months etc. Need to plan a vacation but not sure when to take off? This tool helped me find the slowest days of my business so I knew I could take time off then! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to communicate more with customers directly through the app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am more organized about my business. I can easily set and track my sales goals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Love that can get started for under £20 then pay as you go for transactions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fee per transaction bit too expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Factor in transaction fees to final price of your products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to travel and accept payments wherever I am for my products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are easy to use and transparent in their fees. I am also able to market to my customers through this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if I could add products easily to the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Merchant services, marketing and payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the level of simplicity to track employee time records, process transactions, and view business analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the online website could be a little bit more user friendly and less confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial transactions, timekeeping, business analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using the swipe reader in person and the seamless use of the Square Store payment link on my website for clients to pre-pay or purchase gift certificates. No monthly fees, and changes are easy for me to make through the Square Store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fees are higher when clients pay by entering their card number online and when I have to manually enter a card number. The original card reader often requires 2 or 3 swipes before payment is processed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great low cost payment solution for accepting credit card payments online and in person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can accept credit card payment without a monthly fee, accept gift certificate sales online through my website, receive payment to bank account within 1-2 business days. If I choose, I may add online scheduling, invoicing, and payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hairstylist
Design
What do you like best?

It’s so easy to use. I love that it keeps your clients organized and gives you the option after each transaction to store their contact info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far I love everything about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives you free marketing campaigns which is a huge plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self Employed
Food Production
What do you like best?

This software allows me to accept credit card payments via my mobile phone where ever I happen to be selling my products. An example would be at vendor shows. Square allows me to process payments quickly and easily and my money comes next day! It couldn't be more convenient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about the product at this time. It's so easy and so incredibly convenient. I have nothing bad to say and highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won't regret it. You really have nothing to lose. It cost nothing to start and the fees are low. Your customers will love being able to pay with a card and receive a receipt via email or text. It's amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This product allows me to serve customers that don't necessarily carry cash and it allows others to purchase more of the product than they would if they had to use cash only. This causes greater sales and convenience for the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I have used this software to accept payments on our business. I think the layout and format is easy to use. I actually think it’s very visually appealing however I think it could use some work. More features like switching from a bid to and invoice, or adding a signature line and mark for contracts or invoices that need to be signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that for the amount of time it has been around it should have more developed features like switching from a bid to an invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking for something super simple and visually appealing, go for it! If you need something more involved try quickbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accepting different forms of payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. Thanks to SquareUp I was able to start my own business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had competitive credit card processing fees. Other companies have offered me less for my business but I stay loyal to square and wish I could be rewarded for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to run payroll and my business seamlessly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple user interface. It makes creating an tracking invoices very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, but I do think an automated reminder for an overdue invoice would be great. Right now I have to go in remind every over due invoice, which happens a lot because I invoice over 300 artists with certain busy periods. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For invoicing I used to have to submit requests every time to our accountant. Now I save tons of time being able to create and email of my own invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

SquarePOS and the ability to log in from a web browser to view reports for sales and customer information. Campaign integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t integrate directly with quickbooks desktop pro. It does with quickbooks online though if that would work for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Credit card processing solution, eCommerce payment processing and cart integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photographer - Owner
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love the convenience of being able to use this on my iPad, as well as send invoices and check who has paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be confusing. I also don’t like that you have to spereately add items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It looks very professional but can be tricky to use. Definitely practice and look through it before getting in front of a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It looks very professional when taking payments with the card reader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The flexibility to accept payments any where any time has changed the game of business. The new softwares and upgrades the company are coming up with continue to revolutionize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a cost to premium features and unfortunately, collecting customer data is not standard anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SquareUp allows us to take business mobile, moving sales and business opportunities outside of the brick and mortar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AV
What do you like best?

I LOVE that you can connect your reporting/POS software directly to Intuit. If your business is small enough, Squareup could even be all you need for bookkeeping if you keep a separate outgoing book. Truly intuitive for customer and seller. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe with the SquareUp Payment method is that it will not keep the payment device (phone, tablet, etc) "awake" even in times of it being not used, like when having a conversation during checkout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Squareup Payment Method solves my issues of portability, flexibility, and easy of use when collecting payments for my goods and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Very easy to use, natural and intuitive so doesn’t need a lot of training for staff. They pick it up very quickly. Excellent and easy reporting. Lots of perks for customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I️ can’t think of much I️ dislike. Perhaps having a booking method in the site would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of use for staff and customers, lots of different tools like marketing, collecting CRM from customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily take business from the store out to events while still being able to track sales from either, or both, locations. I also like the easy to use online platform that helps track inventory, sales, and items throughout the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some updates over the last year made things more complicated but those have generally been addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use data from square to stay updated with our inventory. It is also beneficial when scheduling staff because we can check sales equivalents from previous years to make an educated guess on how much staff to have in store and on call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

That it provides a free website to create your own business, with ease of credit card acceptance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can not use PayPal with it. I would love to be able to accept PayPal as payment or transfer funds to PayPal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow use of PayPal for merchants!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of use is amazing, literally use it anywhere. Again, I would use solely if it was compatible with PayPal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

This is a great payment system for small businesses to use because they don't have the steep fees like the credit card machine vendors require as well as the contracts. It could still use some improvements abs fine tuning but overall is very sufficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a bit challenging to use when WiFi goes out and this can cause some inconvenience. It would also be nice if it could be integrated with the businesses inventory program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If we could link it to our pos program that controls the actual inventory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avoiding the great fees and it links all of our stores different locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We link our square up account directly to our business page! this is great for having a marketing source to distribute product from home! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit challenging to integrate the framework into the website, and add new products. but once its up and going its great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love square up for our business. We can use it for manually processing transactions at events (get the card swiper- its a lower rate) and we can use it on our website for passive income! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

a low cost option for shipping merchandise directly from my home business without having to pay a warehouse fee! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.