4.0

Insightly CRM is a tool for managing your contacts and related organisations, partners, vendors and suppliers. Insightly has a project management system built right in.

Work for Insightly CRM?

Learning about Insightly CRM?

Insightly CRM Reviews

Ask Insightly CRM a Question
Showing 449 Insightly CRM reviews
Insightly CRM review by Bill N.
Bill N.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Insightly CRM
Insightly CRM review by Zachary W.
Zachary W.

"It provides us with insight into nearly every sales angle of our business"

What do you like best?

Once we learned about the basic features and functionality of Insightly, it became very easy to use on a daily basis. It has many tools that help us to keep our teams informed about current activities, future plans, client backgrounds and numerous more details we can leverage into substantive action. The panels and windows with charts and other data are great for absorbing overview data quickly.

What do you dislike?

Getting into the more advanced integration processes was too confusing for me to implement on my own. There are fields where we can add code to process data in a custom way, but that can be very complicated to write. I'm hoping they will develop more intuitive data processing features that an average person can use. I was thinking maybe something like spreadsheet formulas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your budget permits it, Insightly can a help to tighten up just about any business operation from lead generation to closing, to project planning and management. It's generally not intimidating for most people I work with to use, so at its basic level, it can be an effective platform for almost anyone.

Insightly has been a central resource that multiple work groups can access to build data-backed sales materials and track lead generation activities all the way to closing. It's also be a very solid hub for collaborating on projects once we get them going. We can seamlessly transition into project management with the same information from the sales process. It really reduces our need to communicate or share information directly we each other. Insightly also has fantastic chart tools that we can use for reports, presentations and strategy development.

What CRM solution do you use?

Insightly CRM review by Patrick T.
Patrick T.

"Insightly CRM"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the Insightly CRM is honestly the pricing. It allows you to open up an account for free with limited storage of course but still is very affordable if you upgrade to the Plus Plan. You can also upgrade to Professional and Enterprise.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the Insightly CRM would have to be that it has the lead or clients name and phone number in two separate categories. Which at first was not an issue but when you have calls coming in and are doing 5 things at once, it soon became irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Insightly CRM to small businesses and/or start ups. Everything is pretty simple and if you have any issues or problems the customer service is readily available and happy to help.

With using the Insightly CRM the main business problem we are solving is time. The CRM is so easy to learn, understand, and use that we are able to complete tasks ahead of schedule.

Insightly CRM review by Stacy C.
Stacy C.

"Does a decent job trying to be all things to all people"

What do you like best?

It's VERY inexpensive and user-friendly. It integrates perfectly with G-Suite and the calendars sync well. Recently, they have allowed the ability to "assign" events, which allows it to sync with multiple Google Calendars -- that was critical to us.

What do you dislike?

Can't make all fields required -- required/not required is not an option. For example, some of the pre-built fields are not required and we cannot override that, leading to incomplete information. It took them a while to respond to some pretty basic feature requests (like assigning events to different users), but they did eventually get to it. The support is a little frustrating as they basically refer users to an online community where features are suggested and voted on. They were more responsive in the early days, but I am finding that less the case. There are features that have been requested for years that haven't been addressed (or took a long time to address.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the difference between leads and contacts and make an education decision on how you use them.

Customer data management, project management, work assignments. We are able to document all of our contacts with customers and track opportunities to projects. The reporting features are robust and easy to use. The dashboard widgets are attractive and informative.

Insightly CRM review by Nikolina O.
Nikolina O.

"Great CRM program I have used it as a account manager at a Ad agency and in Real Estate "

What do you like best?

I like that the program is free, I also really like the feature with your gmail where you can automatically have it add opportunities with the click of a button. I have used that feature and it really has saved me alot of time. The work flow option is nice. I really like that you can assign tasks to other people and yourself you can add tasks to each opportunity which makes keeping track of what you have going on much more helpful. I set my insighlty up to have about to close, hot, warm, cold leads this way it makes it much easier for me to prioritize who I need to be contacting first.

What do you dislike?

Setting it up can be clunky and time consuming it could have a better UX. When I first started you needed to sign in with your email and not a traditional login which was such a pain. My boss helped me make a shortcut on my mac book which helped with that. I am so glad that they changed that now logging is is not such a hassle. I wish that insighlty would not add fake contacts to your profile it just makes for a messy contacts list. Also in the contacts they could make it easier to remove the contacts by having a delete button on the actual contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that any one who wants to use this CRM should really look into some video's and read some blog posts. I know that I personally am not using this CRM to its full potential.

This CRM really does help with tracking your customers progress . Assigning tasks to each opportunity and then having the opportunity to prioritize that task. which is very important when you have a to do list that is a mile long sometimes you can only do so much. I do like the work flows I feel like that is a way you can really use this software and take it to the next level. I do really like that you can enter in how much money you would make from a prospect and the percentage chance you think you have of closing.

Insightly CRM review by JESUS O.
JESUS O.

" insightly is the best option for our sales processes"

What do you like best?

It is very feasible to have insightly since we optimize our sales processes in a timely manner, it is very easy to manage, with good functions that guarantee a good service, it is very profitable to have this software because it has many very useful tools that make it easier for us to make our sales in an optimal way

What do you dislike?

There are few things that we dislike about this software but there is a detail and that is that the interface is very simple, should be improved to make it more attractive to the one who administers it, they should add more features to make it more complete, a recommendation is that lower their costs more so that it is more aseequible for the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very good to expedite your sales, we recommend it because through it we provide an optimal service and it is saving us money and time.

This software has been very helpful because it has provided us with an effective organization regarding our sales, by means of its agenda it saves us time and money, it is very good since it is easy to use and we save a lot of time in making any process.

Insightly CRM review by JAIME E.
JAIME E.

"ease in sales processes instantly with Insightly CRM"

What do you like best?

this software is very good because it allows us to easily make the sales processes of our company, these processes we do it in an optimal way, effective for its functions that support us to be a better company every day, it is very important to have it since It organizes our contacts, calls, corporate agenda that allows us to improve our operations within the company.

What do you dislike?

We have observed that it lacks a good interface, it is very simple and simple, it is difficult for you to import at the time of entering the pending, within your cost plans to acquire this software we believe that they are very high, expensive and should be lower those costs to make it more affordable to users or businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

this software is one of the best in the organization of the projects and processes of vantas of any company, very easy to use and fast in its operation, we recommend it, it is very good.

this software has been helpful because it is progressively improving our sales processes through its agenda models that help in an easy way to manage our processes and projects at hand.

Insightly CRM review by ana d.
ana d.

" The most profitable Insightly the best option"

What do you like best?

analyzing this software we realize that it is a solution that allows us to manage, identify and manage the relationship of our customers and collaborators; It is a system that will drive each of our company goals, starting with an effective organization of each of the processes, such as our contacts, real follow-ups of users, among others. It provides an interaction between the company and the customers, through different communication channels, with it you can know and segment the markets and develop marketing campaigns, it contains features such as emails, phone calls, comments, minutes of meetings, etc., which is available to the user. Perfect sales planning, through it is monitored the performance of the company, this program provides us with immediate information, with detailed information.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that they must improve and innovate every day more in its interface and expand its features according to the basic needs of a company, sometimes it is slow in handling when it is used in mobile Android devices, which means using the web portal. In the economic part it can be frustrating they should manage more economic plans for the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

improve the interface that is more pleasant for the user and comply with the penticiones, complaints and claims of users to correct their shortcomings, add more features

It is very gratifying that this software is already part of the change of this company with the help of its basic and simple functionalities, generating a positive change and with a high level that is not to envy the big players of the industry, recommendations to make an update correcting each problem found to optimize the services towards the users.

Insightly CRM review by marcos g.
marcos g.

"If you want easy to manage contacts in your sales process, choose Insightly is the best option"

What do you like best?

for our company we see how good it is to have Insightly since we like it because it is a very useful tool to manage everything related to our corporate agenda, where it organizes contacts, calls from customers, has a facility to manage hours, is very efficient since we can follow up in a real way the users and projects of this company.

What do you dislike?

we have analyzed that it has shortcomings when it comes to managing the option to import, it also has a high cost in its services, its interface is not so attractive, it lacks more features

Recommendations to others considering the product

customize and update is to improve the agenda, tasks, management, so that they provide a better service

in our company this software is resolving to optimize the agenda of our clients and allies that our company manages, in order to be able to have more attention and organization when doing a project or management.

Insightly CRM review by Sorangel Josefina B.
Sorangel Josefina B.

"Make your company the best with Insightly CRM"

What do you like best?

This software is amazing, with its tools it offers a unique help for growing companies, with its features you can make your business advance as a unique company and with services where the client is always in the first place. Insightly CRM has a lot to offer you, its capacities are beyond the common ones, with different managements and analysis of documents in which the software becomes another aid for making calls and sending emails.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that disgusts me, its interface is impeccable, wide and of great operation. If you have a failure, your support team solves it quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My business is on the best path and I am sure that without the help of Insightly CRM this would not have been possible, so I recommend this software to anyone looking to increase the growth of their company using intuitive software.

As the manager of marketing supervision at Linio Group, my main function is to keep each client happy, what Insightly with its CRM system allows me to do easily and a small company that promotes good growth is what everyone is looking for. It allows me to take notes easily and thus not miss anything.

Insightly CRM review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"A giant step down from any other CRM. Lacking basic functionality. Not intuitive whatsoever."

What do you like best?

The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard capability is awful! Onboarding was terrible. Seems like it a product that would be a step up from an excel sheet but a giant step down from any other CRM. Charts often contain different number forms so understanding them at a glance is very challenging. Their "SmartMerge" is the worst dedupe tool I have ever seen, it looks only at first and last name, and if they are the same, it recommends the contact be merged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CRM that provides basic, opportunity tracking Insightly will be great for you. If you are looking for a tool that also provides business intelligence data. Stay away.

I am trying to solve the problem of implementing a CRM to manage our sales pipeline as well as the projects we are helping our clients with.

Insightly CRM review by Rob J.
Rob J.

"Perfect for any small business ... or medium? "

What do you like best?

I really like the features that Insightly offers to those who use it for the free version. You can enter a lot of data and be functional as a small business. We used it for two years on the free version and finally had to upgrade. We upgraded because we knew what we were getting and I couldn't find anything better for the price. You can add fields, edit fields, create reports, etc. Insightly also integrates with IFFFT (If This Then That)...so when I enter in a new lead, it will populate the lead (contact info) in to MailChimp in to a specific folder that will be an automated email campaign.

What do you dislike?

When we upgraded, we expected more features. There were some, but one that would have been helpful is having the use of the Dashboard feature they now have. Seeing everything at a glance would be helpful. It is not available for the first tier of pricing. Having that rolled out, but not available to me (even as a paid subscription) frustrated me.

Also, it's so complicated and deep that there are several features I do not use...but probably should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it using the trial version (free version). They have come a long way since they started. I've seen them improve a lot of abilities of the software and take feedback seriously. We're using the Plus version.

Managing lead, opportunities, and projects. This allows me to do all of this. Converting to a project is super easy and most information populates directly over.

Insightly CRM review by Alexandra L.
Alexandra L.

"No More Accidently Forgetting to Get Back to Clients"

What do you like best?

Follow up emails, different checklists, and the iPhone app makes it easy to stay on top of your tasks. Prior to this software, it was easier to accidentally forget to contact a customer or let a lead slip away. The software helps you keep on top of the project/lead. I also like that I can stay up to date with how far I have to go to reach a goal.

What do you dislike?

The email function can get a little confusing. The other thing that maybe it is just user error, is that instead of sending me 1 notification, I get 3 notifications each time via my email. If there was a way to change that it would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part of this app for me is customer relations and staying on top of leads and etc.

Staying on top of tasks.

Customer Relations.

Monitoring Goals.

Inputting Customer Contact Information.

Insightly CRM review by Silke B.
Silke B.

"Great, just seems a little bit cumbersome at times"

What do you like best?

I find it easy keeping track of all the 'actions' and tasks e.g. emails, calls, proposals, linking those to tasks and creating opportunities. It is useful to have this linked to individual contacts with the prospect/client. It's very intuitive and easy to use, even when you don't have much time to spend on business development. Not sure what else as I'm not using it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are just slightly too many clicks between organisations and contacts and actions/tasks etc.i.e. the navigation can be a little cumbersome. Selecting records for follow-up could be improved or made easier so that you don't have to set up a task every time you want to put in a follow-up call to a prospect you have spoken to. For small businesses it is ideal as the entry price is cheap. I would have preferred not to be given all the functionality to test during the one month trial as it then tied me into buying and paying for an annual subscription. When you start out as a new business, the free use initially is invaluable, there are still plenty opportunities to charge for 'upgrades' and additional services at a later stage when a business is slightly more established and can afford to pay for a CRM system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider integration with mail chimp

mainly prospecting, started with a free version but then had to sign up to monthly/annual fee which was a little disappointing

Insightly CRM review by Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.

"Easy to use, and always works "

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly. I always find it easy to get through my day with a checkoff list. This product has helped me. I will always recommend it to others. I also like that it is color coordinated and I can organize other tasks to other co-workers of mine. It makes it easy to switch tasks and deleted them as well. The program is great to use on your phone too. I sometimes use it when im doing projects off site, it works just as well, I never lose information or misplace it on a certain list.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that sometimes it takes a while fo it to update on my end. I want something that is really fast, but I do think that sometimes its my wifi. Maybe there is a wifi that can be used to better the connection. that is something that the company can talk about with its clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it is easy to use, and it helps with both large and small teams! And it is also inexpensive. One of the best products we have!

I am able to organize my information better, and it helps me plan my day. I strive on organization and I think this took has been one of my strongest. I also like that it is easy to go back and make changes. It also takes away from the he says she says, because there is always a receipt.

Insightly CRM review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Complete yet no-frills system. Simple enough for new users, good mobile app."

What do you like best?

What I like best of Insightly is that it has many functions and you can easily "link" different items without any weird constraints other systems have. The web browser based interface is good, looks nice and is pretty responsive (fast). Lastly, I love the fact that they have an API for those who would like to use their own solution to access the data.

What do you dislike?

Even though I love Insightly and have used it for over 3 years, on an organization with 9 people, and that so far I have no plans to switch to another system, the backup options are ridiculous, to say the least: There is no option to back up your data. Period.

You can export most of your data and receive it in XML format, but that data cannot be reimported again to Insightly. They offer that if there is some kind of "data disaster" they can work on a case-by-case basis but no promises at all.

You can export most of your data, but re-build an Insightly installation from another one is simply not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be fully aware that disaster recovery is almost non-existent. If you are in contact with their sales people, bring up that point. For most people, it will be a deal breaker. For me it is a major source of stress but not a deal breaker and hencefort use and enjoy the system. I truly hope nothing ever happens to our data or I would be in deep trouble I know.

Handle leads, opportunities and projects. Manage contacts, store most business-related emails (including their attachments).

Insightly CRM review by Jackson M.
Jackson M.

"Insightly CRM is a Customers Relations Software that Suites Small Enterprises"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Insightly CRM is fully affordable, in terms of cost, where even a firm that starts a few days ago can comfortably afford it. Besides, Insightly CRM improves the entire relations between the customers and an organization as it creates a platform where two can come together and discuss on ideas or demands. Lastly, Insightly CRM has a reporting feature that is very functional.

What do you dislike?

I hate the fact that Insightly CRM cannot fully facilitate a big company effectively as it keeps on slowing down and hanging. I would request the vendor to look after this issue to make it more equitable and effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering other factors such as cost, Insightly CRM is the right software for small enterprises. This product ensures there is good coordination between an organization and its customers. Therefore, there is the reason of using Insightly CRM.

Insightly CRM was a software of ensuring that our clients get the best from our firm. Through the use of Insightly CRM, they could air their needs and desires, and we could come up with strategies to solve them. Again, we could use our techniques to have a positive PR in the society.

Insightly CRM review by Nicholas D.
Nicholas D.

"Excellent tool that has really helped our team stay on the same page. "

What do you like best?

I have really appreciated the automated workflows that Insightly has afforded us going from opportunity to project and creating tasks based on where things are in the process.

It has also really helped us keep track of certain subsets of clients that require certain actions with Tags. For instance, we have a set of clients with the Maintenance tag that requires us to perform maintenance tasks on their projects periodically. Insightly allows us to assign the task, have a record for when it was performed, and send out an email to those contacts after it has been completed.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app was a little more robust. It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.

Insightly helps us stay organized around our project and client communication. More and more, we're able to increase our workload efficiently so that we can increase our productivity, but still maintain the same level of customer service.

Insightly CRM review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Insightly Suprises Me By Being a Top Notch CRM!"

What do you like best?

I utilize about 10 different CRMs in my office. I just started using Insightly and find it to be an incredibly fluid experience. It is intuitive, responsive, offers a ton of functionality, and is easily one of the best $/value CRMs available.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color. Like a rusted orange. Realistically this is not a huge drawback and gives them an iconic look but it would be phenomenal if I could change the color scheme. I bet I probably can but I just do not know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales teams. Very easy to use and is very cost effective especially for larger teams just starting or offices planning to scale quickly

Testing our integration with Insightly and practicing using it for normal sales team usage. I think that the list view in the new Insightly version is amazing. You can view a giant list and simultaneously have a specific contact open. This creates an extraordinarily clean workflow where you really only need 1 tab open - instead of 50. You can even adjust the window size. It's something that most other CRM's (as far as I know) really neglect. This in itself makes Insightly great for prospecting/lead generation but also account management.

Insightly CRM review by Arpan S.
Arpan S.

"A cheap alternative to a CRM like Hubspot... but its good on Mobile.."

What do you like best?

As advertised Insightly manages projects and tracks contacts, communications, sales, projects, tasks and documents in a single platform. It performs nicely on mobile but does not hold up well on a web-based browser. Also the ability to integrate with many popular software such as mailchimp and Dropbox can be very useful.

What do you dislike?

Support. Support. Support. Although this is cheaper than going with something like HubSpot CRM, I would have to say HubSpot is far more superior. I was having a bit of issues with the interface and integrations, and could not get a hold of anyone for the longest while. When I finally did I was told to wait and be transferred to someone else where the phone line just cut off randomly. Tried several times after that to no avail. Gave up and moved on to Hubspot and never looked back. The software itself is not bad for the price, but the support is horrendous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth trying out just to see if its a fit with your company, as the price is very reasonable. However be very patient with their support... If you are looking for a quick seamless integration with something a bit easier to understand, then go for HubSpot.

Mainly used for project management purposes. I would also track contacts, but did not use it for very long. I still sometimes go on the account to see if they have made significant changes.

Insightly CRM review by Jeanna C.
Jeanna C.

"Good for the Basics"

What do you like best?

Insightly has a free use version up to a certain amount of entries and it really helps start-ups/small businesses who need something simple.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that after the free use version the price is above what one would expect for the layout and functionality. It seems to freeze-up often and/or some of the features are inconsistent when using; ie trying to save a company profile to a task and it randomly will not save on any given day.

It is time-consuming to connect tasks, companies, etc to a record, a faster/easier way to do this would add value and save time for the user.

It is not as smooth as other CRM's out there. The look/design and integrations are lacking for us as we grow larger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is a good starter CRM, but the pricing is a bit high for what it is vs. other CRM's with more integrations and automations. It is worth signing up for the free trial and good for basic uses.

Our business utilizes Insightly as a basic CRM storing customer basic information, tracking pipelines and task functionality. We have benefitted, pre-subscription pricing of $15 per user, per month, with the free version up to a certain amount of entries. Insightly helped us decide what we did and did not need for our company specifically, by being small business friendly. The basic features and basic theme make it easy to train staff for basic users' needs.

Insightly CRM review by User

"Improves performance of our team"

What do you like best?

Its interface is light and dynamic, provides tools to easily visualize the sales channel and all its details. I like the versatility of Insightly. Facilitates handling of leads and opportunities, and automating repetitive tasks is a great feature. The graphics are great to keep the relevant information within reach. These concentrate important metrics to perform our sales analysis.

What do you dislike?

Insightly performs smoothly, but its basic plans do not have enough advanced features, compared to similar applications like HubSpot CRM or Zoho CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you try the free version, it is light and easy to implement. Although its functionality is basic, it is quite efficient especially for small businesses.

This Insightly system encourages us to see from the perspective of our customers and leads. It's great to handle contacts. The segmentation of contacts is very useful, it helps us to select qualified leads for drip marketing campaigns. It is a powerful tool for the marketing and sales teams.

Insightly CRM review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Excellent Product "

What do you like best?

I like the streamlined process of each category and how easy it is to add each new item.

What do you dislike?

There are almost too many options it can sometimes seem overwhelming where to start, especially with reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the basic package and move up from there as you learn the program. You need to spend the time working with the program and going through each category in order to use it to it's full potential. Don't be afraid to ask the support team questions and they will do their best to help you.

We are able to retain client data in one spot for everyone to use, it saves us time and improves communication within our team. We're able to specifically target clients for existing and new sales. This program is helping us make more money and keep track of all the work we do.

Insightly CRM review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"Love Insightly"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone in the office can communicate in an open forum style and we can add messages to tickets as we go along. We use all that insightly has to offer. Including pipelines. I am usually the one who learns the upgrades and relays messages on.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have some sort of spell check function in insightly. I understand that this crm is used in multiple countries which would make it difficult to have an accurate spell check. But I miss apostrophes a lot. and I think that would be helpful for me.

Phone messages and walk ins are the most easily mis interpreted of all in our office. Insightly holds everyone accountable for inputting and returning calls. It also makes it easy to connect a contact or organization to the message right away.

Insightly CRM review by Tina V.
Tina V.

"Insightly : Uncomplicated CRM"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Insightly has to be the tagging feature - intuitive & simple to implement. Many of our contacts provide little information, so being able to describe them & categorise them via tags allows us to pull up relevant contacts with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

When I log in, the 'new user' popup window always displays, suggesting I watch the Welcome Video, the Tutorial Video, or complete the New User Tasks - I've been using Insightly for years! However, considering that our small business utilises Insightly's entirely 'free' option, we really are quite pleased with the level of performance that this web-based software offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the different contact & lead functions, there is a lot of useful synchronicity across the platform!

Insightly provides an easy reference for staff - many of our contacts provide little more than their name & a phone number or email; tagging allows us to enter a great deal of useful, searchable information. We are considering implementing mailing lists, so the features there are something we are looking over & pleased to have as an option.

Insightly CRM review by Dinos H.
Dinos H.

"Great tool, quick and valuable"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, and intuitive interface.It is just very easy to understand the processes involved, the key elements and how they all work together.

Also the search function and filters are very fast and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool is great but is more complicated to get to know. There are many reports available but in order to get what you really need, you need to create your own. It is slightly more complicated so maybe a quick tutorial on the page would help get the users on boarded with this process.

Another thing that could be improved is the ability to hide nodes that we don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with basic functionality first and then add on to it.

Project management and maintaining an overview of our clientele. We maintain and keep our projects up to date on a daily basis. This helps us instantly see how many are open, ongoing and also what budgets, costs and expenses are involved.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator

"NO CUSTOMER SERVICE"

What do you like best?

Insightly offers a logically structured CRM software that helps to organize your business. Helpful features include tags, ability to assign tasks directly, link emails to Insightly to see the thread directly in the software, visually see progress/percent completion on tasks, and more.

What do you dislike?

- With that being said, if you are a SMALL BUSINESS, do NOT expect to be taken care of by Insightly customer service. If you did want to be taken care of, you need to prepare to have to add a substantial budget for assistance.

-I was very disappointed because after speaking to the sales representative in August, I was offered a whole package that unfortunately took a MONTH to confirm. By that time the package was no longer available, and all the training sessions that were originally offered with my package had disappeared. When i revisited the training a few months later, Insightly tried to sell me a whole new packages to buy additionally. Obviously being a small business, this is absolutely not possible for us because the investment of Insightly is already a substantial investment.

CRM

Insightly CRM review by User

"It has a dynamic and intuitive structure"

What do you like best?

It is an intuitive CRM presents a modern and organized interface. The leads management features are very useful for our business, help us to establish clearly defined business goals. The graphic display sales pipeline is essential for our team as we can see in perspective the sales process and each of its stages. Metrics offered are key to understanding the dynamics of sales and detect the best deals.

It has ability to connect seamlessly with third-party tools.

What do you dislike?

I like the structure and functionality of this CRM so I have no complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a software oriented to large and small teams.

It helps us identify opportunities and approach us effectively to more leads. It is a system that automates almost all basic tasks, so we just have to focus on key areas such as strengthening the relationship with customers and prospects, innovate offers and manage projects.

Insightly CRM review by User

"Robust tool yet still needs more functions"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. You can get onto Insightly and understand most of what it is going on. We can change and adapt the program to what we need to it do for our business. If we need to create more custom fields, more drop down options, or more tags. That is all possible and fairly easy to do. It also functions well with Google Mail so we can use our email and Insightly together.

What do you dislike?

There are limits to Insightly. We need to to keep track of important data without having too many fields for the Sales team to update. Creating duplicates of each organization or contact is very easy to do. There is not easy function to identify if another contact is similar to the one being entered or to merge the two contacts.

We are using Insightly to gather leads, identify where they are in the Sales Cycle and keeping all of our employees update to date on current customer status.

Insightly CRM review by KATHERINE M.
KATHERINE M.

"Productividad al alcance de todos..!!"

What do you like best?

La cantidad de métodos que posee para agregar información, el empleo de sistema que mejora la forma de actuar antes cualquier controversia, el monitoreo de información de las actividades a realizar son algunas de la cosas que me gustan de esta herramienta.

What do you dislike?

El precio del servicio es muy bajo. Esto permite que muy pocos puedan accesar, por la carencia de condiciones ideales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly CRM cuenta con un sistema propio para trabajar bajo estricto cumplimiento de las metas...!!

El impacto generado en la industria mejoro las condiciones de servicio interno con respecto al uso de esta herramienta con el fin de establecer parámetros con tiempo y fechas.

Insightly CRM review by William M.
William M.

"Acceptable CRM"

What do you like best?

- Simple CRM that can be extended with custom fields.

- You can integrate GMail with Insightly so your emails are saved to the platform.

- A LOT easier to configure than Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

- It's just plain ugly. The visual design is unappealing compared to other software I'm used to.

- You will probably outgrow the CRM but you won't be able to export tags, files, and related fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be powerful if you need it. Otherwise, it's probably best to keep things simple.

We have used Insightly for 3 years to manage our customer database. It's proven useful for our specific use-case. At the very least it's easy to just get started with the system.

Insightly CRM review by User

"It is an efficient CRM system"

What do you like best?

It's great for monitoring the sales pipeline and managing customer relationships. What I like about this software is the ability to change the dashboard. From the pending tasks, the graphics and the list of deals. Everything can be adjusted to the needs of the user, simply by dragging "cards".

It is versatile and multi-functional, it organizes customer contacts, filters have multiple criteria and can even be customized.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about Insightly since it provides all the features we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a customizable, efficient and versatile software. Insightly is an all-in-one platform with the key features to successfully manage customer profiles.

This efficient software is a great addition to our business sofwares set. Automation simplifies complex tasks such as data collection and analysis and allows us an overview of the sales pipeline and details of each transaction made at a specific time.

Insightly CRM review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Absolutely excellent CRM however gets some basics wrong"

What do you like best?

THe UX is very simple which promotes adoption, and core features are best in class for the price tag. The tag system and easy Zapier integration mean that advanced functionality can be achieved at a very reasonable price. Integration with Mailchimp is also a huge win.

What do you dislike?

No backup functionality or contact version history is a big one issue for me. There is a 'recycle bin' for deleted contacts or orgs, but it is very hard to see who is editing what, and if there is a big cock up (ie. someone rewriting tags in bulk by accident), you can't see how or when this was done, or roll it back. As an admin there isn't much in the way of monitoring or oversight. It would be great to set warning thresholds, ie if x action takes place, let the admin know. There is an active community, with a 'new features' section New features being added seem to be arbitrary and not what is best for the organisation. Things that get pushed to the top are quite niche.

There are some really simple wins that the team could roll out, there is 2 way calendar sync, what would be amazing is if insightly scraped attendees from meetings and added these to 'events' against each contact. Such a simple thing to do but would make a world of difference to our account teams and save countless man hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clease data carefully before editing, be careful who you assign licences to as no backup functionality makes this far riskier.

A single source of truth across our org, i've managed to automate lead generation on our website via zapier, yearly NPS survey results are mapped to contacts which is brilliant. Mailchimp syncs contacts tagged to different lists. Massive time savings across the board.

Insightly CRM review by Natalia B.
Natalia B.

"Natalia's Insightly Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it keeps all the contacts as well as their details in one place.

I also like how it integrates with other systems that I use. For me, it's a one-stop shop to view partners, details, and all related purchasing and pricing of materials sold as well as potential sales.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no recovery for contacts that were deleted. This has caused me and my colleagues to have to do a lot of legwork if contacts are accidentally deleted. I hope that contact recovery is a feature that you will consider in the near future as it truly helps

It has helped me to understand where and how communication is thriving and/or lacking, depending on the situation.

Insightly CRM review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Free Platform CRM for Small Biz Users"

What do you like best?

Free platform. Endless supports from the developer, I had an easy time talking to the customer rep and this is something new other CRM software offers to "free user" This is amazing customer service. I found this very surprising product coming from the small company. Lots of functions are included in the platform.

What do you dislike?

The UI seems to be really cluttered and overall layout needs major clean up. I understand developers want to add many functions but they added too many functions into the platform. No worthy features compare to other competing CRM products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small business will find this platform very useful. Zero dollars paid so far on this service. Although I'm looking to use the premium feature.

Organizing the list of the customers and sales revenue as well as the sales target.

Everything about the sales and the sales perspectives is the very powerful tool for us. I don't have a lot of human resources in our company so this is very useful tool for our everyday business.

Insightly CRM review by Valentina S.
Valentina S.

"Great for a Small Business!"

What do you like best?

We use insightly every day it helps us to be more organized and to keep track of our progress. Insightly is a great tool to communicate and share files with project managers and office managers. Its a great way to view progress on current projects. The open calendar was another great way to keep track of the projects progress. It is user friendly and intuitive tools so it’s easy to invite new users, customize features, and secure data. Insightly also features an integrated project management at every stage of engagement with the customer. They can view recent activities and track project performance and progress against your preset timeline. create project milestones, pipelines and tasks; set automated email alerts; and track email correspondence. Overall I give Insightly 10/10 Powerful CRM tool for small sized business with great features.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say what I dislike because it is one of the best CRMs out there. But one thing I personally disliked was the look and layout can be a bit improved. It can be some what complicated to figure out at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is a great way to make the decision to use insighltly for your business.

We are able to communicate better. The projects are going more smoothly and things can be done much quicker. Great tool that keeps us organized and up to date with project managers, customers, office managers and current projects.

Insightly CRM review by Tara R.
Tara R.

"Easiest way to connect with clients!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can easily write emails, check notes, check info, and see if my emails have been read on Insightly. It's all right there and I can easily create templates that insert the customers name when just sending out the template. It's absolutely fantastic! Also, knowing the percentage rate of my emails being opened if a good feature. And it tells me where they are being opened from.

What do you dislike?

That there is no way to delete multiple tasks at a time. Now, I have to delete each one by one and it is time consuming. I feel the option would increase productivity. I do also dislike that you have to pay extra for scheduled emails. And that there is a message cap that can be hit if multiple employees of a company can hit. And it can really get in the way of trying to get my tasks done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great way to keep track of things and connect with customers, then this is for you.

Sending emails easily. It is so very easy to send them. And everything is right in front of me. Also, seeing if my emails are being read by customers is a great feature. And it tells me the percentage that my templates are being opened at. Which is really great to know! So, I need to know if I need a better subject line or not.

Insightly CRM review by Vincent N.
Vincent N.

"Solid sensible online solution but not as good as it claims"

What do you like best?

Insightly lets me put everything in one place, so it is really easy to feel confident that my contact database is complete. It allows me to know who I have contacted when and about what so this is useful.

What do you dislike?

There are two things. Insightly does not actually give you a CRM workflow - you have to create that for yourself and put it on top. So it is not actually as intuitive as it could be. Second I had an instance when a lot of the tagging that I did on my contacts vanished and the helpline said it must have been something I did. I am sure it wasn't but I felt this was pretty unhelpful given that if you want to get any useful information you need to use tagging quite carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around

So far the main problem insightly has solved is to give me a single place to manage my customer and target interactions. That said I am not yet convinced that it is adding much beyond my gmail account. I am not sure I have any really tangible benefits yet - that said I would have to admit that I am very new to the disciplined use of CRM so this is probably at least half my fault.

Insightly CRM review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great for small orgs or startups"

What do you like best?

Custom fields - This was a key consideration for using Insightly. We have different types of contacts that we wanted to manage, and various sub-categories within each of those contact categories. Custom fields were available with the free version of Insightly, which was ultimately what lead us to make the decision to go with their platform.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue for us is the weak filters on the mobile app. When we're in the field, we'd like to be able to filter organizations by location so we can visit those organizations when we're in the area. It's the biggest weakness of the platform by far.

Capturing emails to contacts is easy, since we're able to simply BCC emails to Insightly and they're instantly associated with the appropriate sender and their organization.

Insightly CRM review by Bruce H.
Bruce H.

"Very good starter CRM"

What do you like best?

Has adequate features, even on the free tier. As a starting real estate agent, there are already enough costs we have to incur, so having a starter plan that would not cost any money at first was an important consideration.

It was very easy to get started by importing CSVs of our existing contact lists.

Customizable and flexible. For example, I can create custom lead sources to track ROI on my advertising methods. Tagging also allows categorization of nearly any factor, such as which Facebook group I met a lead in.

Linking records allows us to keep track of which projects a particular contact - escrow agent or mortgage broker, for example - worked with us on.

The mobile app allows us to quickly look up contact information and history while on the road, as well as add or edit notes.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there were a way to create a "Customers" list that is separate from Contacts. This can be approximated using tags, but I would rather have them on their own list.

Leads do not have the linking features that other records (contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects) do. I'd like to be able to link a lead to the contact that referred them, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check out their user forums for tips on using and customizing it to your needs.

We (my wife and I) are real estate agents using it to maintain contact information, cross-reference records, and track lead nurturing and conversion.

Insightly CRM review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Insightly meets almost all our needs for a CRM"

What do you like best?

Insightly allows for multiple users and customized fields. By far 2 of our favorite options. We can have different owners assigned to clients and track both by client and by owner. We can also tag what we can't field.

What do you dislike?

Does not include a docusign or similar option for contracting. This is one feature that I think would really elevate the product. However, it may be included in a higher level of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is constantly adding and adapting. Their training is also excellent.

First of all, general client tracking and management. We can keep track of multiple lines of clients, potentials, business contacts and project management as we choose. We can set up reminders for followup which shows up as an email when the time is up.

Insightly CRM review by Allyson L.
Allyson L.

"Ill-Fitting Solution for our Task Management Issues"

What do you like best?

I believe Insightly does do everything we need it to. It seems to be a very robust CRM/Task Management platform.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive or user-friendly. It is a chore, for me, to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it is the right fit for your needs. There are plenty of CRM & task management tools available. This doesn't not make my life easier or inspire me to encourage others to use it like other software solutions I use.

Across our business, we use Insightly as a CRM and task management software.

Insightly CRM review by Elliot S.
Elliot S.

"The CRM is Incompetent. "

What do you like best?

The only merit with this application is the fact that it is simple to run, and also the process of acquiring it does not take too long.

Otherwise, I lack Anything in support of this software.

What do you dislike?

The software is a perfect example of Incompetent and incomplete work.

It totally fails to capture the attention of the users as it lacks the required data and features to make it perform its roles as intended.

Again, this product takes centuries to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider using this application.

It has a lot of errors and it will not bring the results you may want.

We thought this application could manage the relationship of our clients.

Unfortunately, it failed us terribly.

Something should be done to make it better.

Insightly CRM review by Audree L.
Audree L.

"Basic but good for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The feature I like the most about Insightly is how much you can customize it. Instead of having a specific process for using the application, you can create your own templates, pipelines, categories etc. This way it adapts to the different ways people work. I am also a fan of how you can link anything to anything (contact to business, or contact to opportunity for example). I also like how it's overall very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The "Leads" feature came a bit later, and it's not super smooth. For example, when converting a Lead to a Contact, you lose information you entered previously, like their Title.

Insightly does not seem to be very good at detecting duplicate entries.

I also do not use it to manage projects, it's way too basic and does not offer any visibility.

It's also a bit pricey for a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try other softwares before using insightly, because if you leave, you will lose a good chunk of your data (ie, Hugspot cannot import the relationships you created between entities and contacts/opportunities etc). So if you sign up, be sure it's the applicatin you want to stick with.

As a business owner, I mainly use Insightly to keep track of opportunities (potential projects, RFPs). That way each year I can do a little report and see what worked, what generated the most revenue etc. We also use it for our cold emailing campaigns. I designed a process for running campaigns, wrote documentation, implemented it in insightly, then I can let employees fly with it. It's simple enough for someone who is not the most tech-y person.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator

"Concise, intuitive and friendly Customer Relationship Management system for everyone"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to connect every contact, lead, organization to everything within the CRM system. I can connect contacts to organizations, organizations to other organizations and quickly convert leads into contacts. The feature I enjoy most is creating customized pipelines and tasks for our customer service department to follow as we on board on customers. Custom fields are a great feature too! We can track specific things we are asking or looking for from our customers.

What do you dislike?

The Insightly brand colors, I wish I could customize the look and feel when I enter the software. I don't like the running list on the dashboard when you first log in and see everyone's activity. I'd like to see the over all changes made then drill down further into user's activity to see what progress they are making.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up all processes and tasks before you deploy throughout the company and do individual training for departments on how to use their sections and processes.

On boarding our customers in a timely fashion while providing structure and processes for our employees. Now our employees can follow a process that is automated and reduces the human error effect.

We are now able to train employees quicker through set up of pipelines, activity sets, tasks and applying deadlines to each task.

Insightly CRM review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"Gets the job done - keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The mobile app and the company's commitment to development are my favorite things about Insightly. As far as CRMs go, the functionality is pretty basic. That said, this year Insightly has rolled out several updates with functions that are improving the usability of the system.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is weak within the system. I have to export data and manipulate it in Excel spreadsheets to get the reporting that is useful for me. There's no way to manage resource allocations in a way to ensure staff members on projects and activities are not over or under allocated. Both would be useful additions.

The system is used company wide from initial lead capture through completed projects. We are able to quickly review sales pipelines, see, at a glance, the status of proposals to identify bottlenecks. As a project manager, I have created custom views that allow me to run reports to determine our anticipated production revenues by month. I can easily assign tasks to production members to help me stay on top of the dozens of projects we have working simultaneously each month.

Insightly CRM review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"Easiest way to connect with clients!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how I may easily compose emails, check notes, verify info, and see when my emails have recently been read on Insightly. Is actually all right there in addition to I may easily create web templates that insert the consumers name when just mailing out the template. Is actually absolutely fantastic! Also, realizing the percentage rate regarding my emails being exposed if a good characteristic. And it tells myself where they are getting opened from.

What do you dislike?

I actually honestly do not just like the color that Insightly has set his or her style color. Like a corroded orange. Realistically this is usually not a massive drawback in addition to gives them an famous look but it can be phenomenal if I may replace the color scheme. I actually gamble I probably could but I just carry out not know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check out their consumer forums for tips upon using and customizing this to your needs.

To present the key problem insightly provides solved is to offer me an individual destination to control my customer and target interactions. That said I am not yet convinced that it is adding much beyond my gmail account. I am not sure I have any really tangible benefits yet - that said I would have to admit that I am very new to the disciplined utilization of CRM so this is probably at least half my fault.

Insightly CRM review by Travis R.
Travis R.

"Simple to use and have many great tools"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the program. It has a very short learning curve and has all the tools you will need to keep notes on your clients.

What do you dislike?

Not sure. I know other expensive programs have automated email campaigns that you can run within the program to help you keep reaching out to prospects, not sure if unsightly does or not from what I have used. But that is when the other programs start getting too confusing.

Being able to chart note and look up notes that I have on each client quickly from either my computer or phone really helps me prepare for phone conversations since it impresses the client that I remember certain things that we have discussed in the past.

Insightly CRM review by Nelly A.
Nelly A.

"Fantastic for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

There are so many super helpful features. One of the best is the integration with gmail. I can create, catalog, update info right from gmail. Also, the reminder features has saved me many times when remembering to followup with proposals.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The custom field are really important and I could those a little difficult to understand where they would show up and how they were grouped.

It is so important to remember to followup on proposals as well as remember details about your clients. I put contract anniversary dates in the reminders and reach out to my clients to let them know we are celebrating an anniversary. It is a great way to keep connected and connect for more business.

Insightly CRM review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Huge Value Compared to Competition"

What do you like best?

The CRM tool is incredibly is super easy

What do you dislike?

Only things is sometimes have to refresh

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with Insightly. It is free, so from there you can figure out if it is correct for you.

I use the Insightly CRM tool for all my customer contact info, order management, task management, reminders...everything. I shopped several CRM providers for my small business and most were either geared towards long sales process (consulting, project management, etc.) firms or heavy e-commerce businesses. Insightly is a general CRM that I could launch quickly and use within minutes to help my business. If I want to incorporate a bell or whistle that Insightly offers I can, not forced to make things complicated. At $15/month...could not be beat.

Learn more about Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM Videos

Insightly CRM Downloads

Learning about Insightly CRM?

* We monitor all Insightly CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0