FastSpring

FastSpring

4.7

FastSpring is the trusted ecommerce partner for companies that sell software around the world. With FastSpring’s full-service ecommerce solution, you can sell more, compete big, and stay lean.

Work for FastSpring?

Learning about FastSpring?

FastSpring Reviews

Ask FastSpring a Question
Showing 78 FastSpring reviews
Daryl Wise J.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FastSpring
Ioannis S.

"Top full service e-commerce platform!"

What do you like best?

The most important feature (for me) of Fastspring.com has been that I can use one single platform for the complete trajectory of my e-commerce activities. Set up has been quick and easy, the FAQ section is complete and understandable. When something has not been clear (not very often actually, but still) there has been a very prompt and informed personal reaction from their side. 24/7 there, ready to help. Never had a problem, either with the platform or a customer with my e-shop.

What do you dislike?

The new interface, although simplified, more beautiful and clearer, seemed to miss a save-button when I lately tried to add a product in my e-shop. It might, though, be me as I didn't read any instructions before its use (yet). I had to go back to the old interface for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an e-commerce provider without the hassle and troubles that accompany this kind of business service, Fastspring.com is the place to be!

My greatest benefits by using Fastspring.com is their quality of service, the time savings together with speed and safety of transactions.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Craig H.

"Best Ecommerce platform"

What do you like best?

Their product fulfillment features makes it virtually impossible for visitors to your site to get your product without paying for it first. Their api lets you work transparently behind the scene to update your database in the background and is never seen by any of your buyers.

Also worth mentioning is their support which is top rated.

What do you dislike?

Integrating with your site is a bit involved and you will need to have a fair bit of technical knowledge to get the system up and running. When I created my first product with FastSpring on their classic platform I found it was easier then. That being said, once their system is integrated with yours, you never have to do anything else again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended

Once-off payment solutions as well as subscriptions are a snap once integrated with your site. FastSpring pay out on time (more often than not, they actually pay out a day or two ahead of time). Their support staff is top notch, always quick to respond and knowledgeable when it comes commerce.

I have used them for over two years and will never look back. I have been selling online for more than 15 years and to date this is the best commerce platform I have ever used. They are trustworthy and reliable. Once your site is integrated with FastSpring, you don't have to ever do anything else. It Just works and it works well.

Josh B.

"Great Payment Service Provider (with room for improvement)"

What do you like best?

We are selling our software online through the store that FastSpring provides. We love the platform and the solution. But the dashboard usability could definitely use some improvements. It's getting there but slower than we'd all want.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the their new dashboard. Maybe it's because we're used to the classic dashboard (which is still available) but they did move all of the options to the new dashboard that were available previously. This made our transition into the new dashboard very long and confusing. There are still some tasks that make me use both dashboard to get it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great but please be aware that if you're also looking for the proper affiliate set up, you'll need to use their partner dashboard from Impact Radius. This creates some clutter whereas we'd expect 1 place to manage all of your e-commerce and affiliates.

We solve the problem of letting users purchase our software legally through a safe payment system that they can trust. FastSpring has been around for long enough to be trusted. The team behind FastSpring is very responsive, so any problem that we may have related to e-commerce, FastSpring is there to help us.

Erna D.

"A good assistant to our business"

What do you like best?

I am satisfied with the price and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time and have proven themselves well. We have been working with them for many years and are very satisfied. The sale of our applications and packages was simple and reliable due to the FastSpring payment verification.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes links to downloading a product do not work - these complaints come from customers. One more insignificant remark from them: some clients could not figure out where to enter the advertising coupon, but this does not prevent the transaction from taking place. Besides this, I have no complaints - everything suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to sell your products on the Internet and not worry about the tasks of the backup office, then FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have incredible support, which quickly and very easily solves all problems. You can simply create your product in your system, and then sell it on your website to your customers.

My main task was to sell my product to customers. FastSpring gave me the opportunity to do this without creating my own online store without getting a seller's account and not processing a large number of tax zones.

Zenia B.

"A quality platform for digital commerce"

What do you like best?

Payments are just a small part of what FastSpring can offer you. FastSpring supports many payment methods and has a lot of multycurrency support. Also, it easily adapts to input languages and prices anywhere in the world. Excellent analytical capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We had failures when customers could not follow links. The failure has passed by itself and I hope it will not happen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Creating a digital store can take a lot of time, and maintenance can be stressful. FastSpring makes this process as easy as possible. I think the program is more competitive in its segment, and the price is lower than that of others. From the first day of work in this program, you will realize that you have not made a mistake in your choice.

Honestly, I was skeptical about the work of FastSpring, but then I saw that it allows us to earn money and realized that I was wrong. Cooperation with FastSpring will allow us to focus on the more important things of our business. Now I advise this service for my сolleges, as I'm sure they will appreciate the good quality of FastSpring.

"FastSpring, XOJO, LimeLM and MailChimp integration"

What do you like best?

I like FastSpring's great feature set, simple dashboards and great integrations with other 3rd party platforms such as LimeLM and MailChimp. Their customer service and technical support has been top notch. I'd used two other competing platforms before FastSpring and they were far harder to use, for me and for my customers.

I like the product discount offers, which are easy to use and give me a lot of flexibility in pricing options.

FastSpring does a great job too of handling requests that come directly from my customers to them, alerting me immediately of issues with their ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

No downsides really. I'd like an integration to Aweber and some other email/social platforms in addition to MailChimp, but that's not been a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FastSpring has been great all around for features and service. If you happen to be a XOJO developer, I highly recommend their integrated solution with LimeLM for licensing.

I wrote an application in XOJO, a cross platform development environment that provides native Windows and Mac applications from the same code. Great platform, but the next challenge was to find an ecommerce and solution to sell it. FastSpring and LimeLM solved the problem for me with excellent integration, a great range of features, ease of implementation and great support.

Bogdan D.

"Great solution for companies that sell products & earn 50k/month"

What do you like best?

I like the pricing and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time. We've worked with them for 6 years now. And selling our apps and bundles has been very easy and secure with FastSpring's payment checkout.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the outdated features in the dashboard. There are a custom exports that we are interested in doing at the end of the month. But the dashboard which FastSpring has is a little bit outdated. Event hough they call it "new dashboard" – many export features that other competitors have, FastSpring doesn't have it.

Another thing we'd like to have FastSpring approved – Affiliates. They are using Impact Radius as their affiliate service provider. But we'd like to have it all in one system to avoid any confusion. We want FastSpring to just handle all of our affiliates, split pays, etc.. And they somehow do this, but it's going through another company (ImpactRadius) which doesn't seem necessary to us.

We sell software for Mac and Windows. And FastSpring handles our store where we sell licenses.

They provide Pop-up checkout and general checkout. This includes handling all taxes and credit card fees.

We really like that it's a secure checkout. And all of our customers are very happy with the smooth transaction procedure that FastSpring provides. Even though we did customize the checkout to look as if it's part of our website.

Rodney H.

"The best for those who have specific needs"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of customization I have at a reasonable price point. There are simpler systems out there but they lack customization. There are more customizable systems as well but they are more expensive. Also it is AWESOME that FastSPring takes care of taxes especially with the new MOSS rules. Also the customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The system is a little complex and not the most user friendly, but the customer service helps close that gap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need customization at a reasonable price this is the place to go.

FastSpring allows me to sell my digital content along side my physical content and to do so in a way that manages taxes for me. This is a huge win for me.

Matej M.

"Easy to understand and work with"

What do you like best?

It's not just about being able to accept payments for stuff you sell. In FastSpring I can easily add a new product to sell, even create bundles of products or subscription products. It's an easy process. Multi-currency support and a number of payment options is welcome. You can easily manage orders of your products and even make refunds. In addition FastSpring offers you a fraud protection. When you need help you can easily contact their support team which is always very fast to reply and even helpful. What I see as a cherry on the cake is that FastSpring acts as your back office.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike apart from transaction fees that could be at least 25% lower. Other than that I'm happy with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to sell your products online and don't want to worry about back office tasks FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have an incredible support that is fast and very helpful (and friendly too!). It's simple to create add your product in their system and then sell it on your website to your customers.

We're selling a number of products on our website and we needed an easy system to manage the order we get. It also does the finances reporting which proved to be very useful. Using FastSpring allows us to focus on our product more than we could without using it. Thanks to FastSpring we can sell worldwide too since their service makes it simple.

Mathias R.

"Everything just works - a very reliable subscription management platform."

What do you like best?

I like that everything just works. The control panel is very fast and response. I am using Fastspring's subscription features for our OCR API platform, and its regular, classic shopping cart features for the web automation and desktop automation software we sell. The setup has been a breeze in both cases - and since then it just works.

We are using FastSpring for more then two years now, and there has been no downtime or other technical issues.

The few times I had to contact Fastspring tech support with a question, the answers were fast (same day) and useful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting section is easy to use, but I miss some of the more detailed reporting options that some for the other platforms offer.

Fastspring powers the backend of our the subscription billing. Plus, we use Fastspring as classic e-commerce service for the web automation and desktop automation software we develop and sell.

Eugene D.

"Hand to hand with FastSpring"

What do you like best?

I like that kind of software, the FastSpring ecommerce platform offers quite a lot of functionality and is easy to integrate. So fast customize online store through the FastSpring dashboard. Very nice and easy.

What do you dislike?

How to say it correct. I'm using FastSpring and there has been no downtime or other technical issues. I guess that means a lot. Thanks for that powerful platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its the best one, FastSpring platform supports all kinds of subscription. Will localize your trade automatically, from language and prices, to currency and other topic preferences.

Wonderful work with it. All my team and I like so much. It's very flexible and clear. In one word all can use with no problems at all. We like how fast it is.

Tolga Y. .

"I am very glad that we are using FastSpring in our business"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very easy to setup. We integrated it to our products in a day and our business was running in a couple of days. Easy API integration, which allows us to keep records of customers, orders, etc is probably the best feature for us. We are also very fond of FastSpring since it enabled us to offer many payment methods to our customer base.

Moreover, FastSpring offers many other options for your e-commerce. You may offer a subscription based service or product to your customers. FastSpring handles the auto-payment and subscription processes smoothly. It is also possible to track the subscriptions customers privately, by using API integration. For any product, you may also setup volume pricing, discounts, coupon codes, etc.

What do you dislike?

We haven't come across any major problems with FastSpring and when we do have a problem, the support team helped us through it.

On the other hand, I would say that setting up a store page for your products is not that trivial if you are looking for a custom design. Especially designing a payment site that looks similar to your own web page is somewhat difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend FastSpring to everyone who is looking to start a e-commerce site. It's definitely worth a try!

By using FastSpring, we are able to accept multiple payment methods easily. It also helped us greatly for keeping customer records and sale statistics.

Bill R.

"Great alternative to your own online store and merchant account"

What do you like best?

- they process the payments

- they handle all sales taxes

- they support per-product, per-email, and per-use coupons

- they can present activation codes or other keys at the end of the sale

- support for ordering issues is fast and accurate

What do you dislike?

- The user interface can be confusing. Granted, it has to handle a lot of functions and features.

- On one or two occasions I've received less than helpful support, such as "Why would you want xml in an e-mail?"

- Can't use pre-existing coupons

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I set up an online store with a merchant account and payment gateway for another company. I don't think it's worth the time and effort, but for some sales volumes it could probably save money.

I needed to let customers purchase my products. FastSpring let me do that without having to build my own online store, get a merchant account and payment gateway, and handle a dazzling number of tax zones.

David S.

"FastSpring License Key Generation Features & Customer Service"

What do you like best?

First, FastSpring has outstanding customer service. I have used other providers in which it took a long time to receive any response. This has never been the case with FastSpring. if I have a tough problem I often have multiple responses to my various questions within the same day.

Getting paid twice per month.

It is a much better for cash flow purposes to see the revenue being available in a timely manner.

Their product features have made it relatively easy for me to set up my own CGI scripting for generating and checking license keys within my products.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it might be nice to have an online chat feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It looks like FastSpring will be be one of the launch partners for Apple's new web based version of ApplePay. I look forward to the availability of this new feature. I use ApplePay everywhere I can in physical stores, and I think that it will help with online sales also.

FastSpring has solved my E-Commerce issues for 2 companies I run.

I don't have to worry about handling the fraud processing on my own, they take care of it for me. They also take care of charging/sending VAT payments to the various government agencies.

I also use the Purchase Order payment features.

I have not yet used the Subscription Management feature, but I might consider using this feature in the future.

Serge S.

"Reliable and Constantly Improving e-Commerce Platform"

What do you like best?

We utilize FastSpring as the payment processor for our subscription-based payment model since 2012. FastSpring's interface is very user friendly and the order management page is very convenient when compared to another e-commerce system we use. I especially like the fact that you can adjust Quantity on an active order, update the Auto-Renewal date, and order total (applying coupons to active orders, etc). This saves so much time being able to make these adjustments yourself rather than contacting tech support.

- The customer support team is always responsive and helpful in addressing various minor questions/issues that occur.

- Efficient and prompt processing of manual (PO) orders and checks

- Reliable processing of credit card orders and very few authorization failures

What do you dislike?

One minor improvement that I can suggest concerns reporting:

It would be nice to generate a report of Monthly Expected Revenue based on recurring orders within each month and remaining expected recurring revenue within current month. Currently, the Expected Revenue report only provides a total for the next 30-day period.

Our company develops and sells a remote desktop software (FixMe.IT) and FastSpring handles new and recurring subscription orders. FastSpring provides us with a reliable payment gateway for globally processing and collecting customer payments, thereby allowing us to concentrate on other areas of our daily business operations.

Vivek M.

"Awesome product for startups"

What do you like best?

The best thing about FastSpring is that they support any country. Allows PayPal as withdrawal method

What do you dislike?

No way to charge extra charges for the subscription. For example, I can not provide pay per use plan with FastSpring. Also, proration is kind of weird where they refund a certain amount and then charge the remaining instead of just charging a difference. Pricing is very high compared to other payment providers, but worth it if you're from countries where other payment providers do not provide services.

Very easy to handle subscriptions with FastSpring. Not much of a setup is required.

Craig A.

"Coursuite FastSrping Subscriptions System"

What do you like best?

Being new to the subscription service of Fastspring has been an easy implementation process with plenty of support. They have been patient while we have been hard at work developed our services to link into their system. They have been timely in helping us and we're finding client discrepancies easy to resolve via their dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We would like Australian taxation support added to the services

Easy to user subscription procurement services. Notification services which are easy to manage and are flexible allowing us to manage our own site as well as other third party ancillary sites like Mail-chimp.

"The Best Ecommerce Partner"

What do you like best?

It is a great honor and an amazing experience working with FastSpring! After months of research and comparison of ecommerce platforms, we have partnered with FastSpring, because they are the Best of the Best! First of all FastSpring provides a dream support. Fast, dedicated and out-of-box. Secondly, FastSpring provides secure and state-of-art ecommerce solution, that can boost your business to the next level.

What do you dislike?

It would be really nice if we could accept crypto payments in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended.

We manage and monitor all websites in one dashboard, our customers are having multiple payment options and thanks to FastSpring's security filters, we are safer from the fraud activities as never. From the day we have partnered with FastSpring, we sleep better.

"FastSpring is Great"

What do you like best?

We wanted a completely automated easy to use e-commerce solution and FastSpring fit the bill. We've been on FastSpring for 6 years now and have never regretted it. They interface seamlessly to our licence provider and take care of everything from purchases, to getting the relevant license information to the customer.

Checking orders and issuing the inevitable refunds are a snap.

What do you dislike?

Actually we have no complaints with FastSpring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works, it's easy to use and they're easy to deal with.

The entire purchase process is handled efficiently and results in peace of mind.

Paul C.

"FastSpring is a reliable ecommerce partner"

What do you like best?

Great feature set, reliable, and very responsive support.

When I originally evaluated eCommerce providers back in 2012 I did a comprehensive scan of the current providers vs implementing my own ecommerce system.

FastSpring stood out back then due to features, integration, and UX/CX.

They have been a reliable partner since then.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally product download links don't work, as reported by my customers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quality and responsiveness of support is always a good indicator of how much a company cares about their product/service

I need the ability to sell desktop apps directly to customers instead of being forced to go through an appstore with their typically high 30% fee cut, which is a huge bite out an independent developers income stream.

Alex W.

"FastSpring Has Been a Very Reliable Platform for Selling my Ebooks"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very reliable. When a customer orders one of my books, FastSpring handles the download and charges any applicable taxes, no matter what country the customer is located in. FastSpring also checks for indicia of fraud to ensure the payment is secure. One of the best features is that FastSpring's support staff deals with customer inquiries, as well as my own questions, very quickly and intelligently.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, a customer does not receive download links after placing an order, though it's never clear if that is a problem originating with FastSpring or with the customer's computer network.

I sell printed versions and ebook versions of the books I publish. With FastSpring, I have been able to sell the ebooks directly from my own website, relying on FastSpring to handle all technical issues involving download links and collection of payments, including taxes where applicable. Therefore, I do not have to worry about any of the technical issues, and can concentrate on publishing books.

Sanjeev K.

"Excellent Support and service"

What do you like best?

Best Support team, who are always ready to assist you in anyway, feels like dealing with them personally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. They are simply excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended

I sell services online worldwide and collecting payment was always a big issue, sometimes refunds were needed, VAT issues, Glad that after joining Fastsprig all those issues re resoled with their multiple methods of payments. Thank you Fastspring, highly recommended

Dr. Andrew B.

"Top marks for Startups to sell software & services online"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up, you can have an e-commerce site up and running in less than a day. For that you get the ability to sell internationally via credit card, paypal, wire transfer and accept cheque without the need for a merchant bank or registering for VAT in the UK or EU. In other words, its a one-stop-shop for e-commerce particularly suited for software vendors and startups.

I also like the high level of service you get and the team are always wiling to help with issues and fast.

I recommend FastSpring to all my colleagues looking to start a software product business because of these points above.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, not a lot.

I now have to write a minimum of 40 chars ...

There, done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you set up notifications to put your orders in a database of your own.

That way you can have full control over how to market to existing customers for repeat business.

We've sold more than $1.5million USD of software licenses through FastSpring in 3 years. It literally made the difference between having a profitable startup or not, as the overall costs of implementing e-commerce, plus the high level of trust achieved with their platform, lead to good sales right from the start.

The API also allows

David Y.

"FastSpring supported my new business every step of the way."

What do you like best?

By far the most impressive aspect of working with FastSpring is that you pay for their service based on sales; not a monthly fee. This is extremely important to small businesses like mine that are just starting out and want to offer our customers early releases of our product. FastSpring's sales and technical support is simply excellent. The capabilities and features that FastSpring supports for their customers continues to grow and are very easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

Some folks might be confused by the detail to which you have to define for your products. As a software engineer, this was not a big issue but it might have helped if they provided a sample set of product offerings that I could use to learn how things work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a cup of coffee and take your time. This thing is worth it.

I needed a means to offer my brand new software product online. I had no expectation of making much money in the short term and FastSpring did not insist that I have a certain volume of sales to get going. The main benefit so far is that their product works so well that I can recommend their service to other firms.

Learning about FastSpring?

* We monitor all FastSpring reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.