Shopify POS Reviews & Product Details

Shopify POS Overview

What is Shopify POS?

Meet the most versatile retail POS for unifying in-store and online sales. Shopify POS unifies your online and in-person selling to strengthen sales conversions everywhere you sell, streamline store management, and help you build stronger relationships with your customers. It has all the features you need to make sales, track performance, and manage customers, orders, and inventory. With local pickup and delivery — and the ability to sell from other locations — you can reach more customers and give them seamless shopping experiences.

Shopify POS Details

Retail POS for unifying in-store and online sales

Shopify
@Shopify
8,565 employees on LinkedIn®

Shopify POS Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Shopify POS community
Have you used Shopify POS before?

Shopify POS Reviews

Showing 221 Shopify POS reviews
Already have Shopify POS?
Alphonic Network Solutions
What do you like best?

By the help of shopify I can sell across multiple platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Amazon and many more. Inventory system of shopify is very good which also helps the user to manage our business very well. It is very easy to use, you don't need much tech skills to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No platform is perfect and the same goes with shopify. Their fees and subscription prices are little confusing and for a new user it will take some time and research to understand properly. Themes updating is something which needs improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is the powerful platform to start your own business online and I highly recommend this. The user experience and the satisfaction as a customer is very good and interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify is a fast and affordable way of creating your own online store. I am highly impressed by the great many features this platform has to offer. Managing sales while boosting the business is what I have experienced here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shopify has allowed me to seamlessly sell products on my website, in my brick and mortar store as well as on Facebook & Google. I load my products once and it's done. What a Godsend during this crisis and probably the only reason we are surviving. Once one realizes that the Shopify platform is a one stop shop for marketing and selling it is literally off to the races. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For a brief while Shopify had a PO option built in but they took it away. That's the missing link for me - Shopify needs to make ordering product as easy as it makes selling product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in! I wish I had taken Shopify seriously 5 years ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales. Shopify hooked me up with Google and made Facebook so much easier to use. The attention to marketing is amazing. We are in Wisconsin and we just shipped 4 packages of Texas Chili Beans to a customer in California. That's it, the order was just for beans. How else would I have found that customer??? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Shopify helps small businesses create their websites. They're a great start for online businesses because it organized and everything is in one place. Before using Shopify I was taking orders straight from Facebook and it was wild. It was hard to organize who had what orders and using Shopify changed that. I can now see every order with all the information I need all at once. There are also a variety of apps I can use to make my store better and easier to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their guide is so complicated and long. They don't exactly make things super easy for you. I had to sit and decipher what they meant and it took forever. There are so many apps you can use, but it's inconvenient to have to download an app for every little feature. I also think they want you to pay way too much money for simple features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you know what you want for your website before you get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great site for hosting your website. At times it is unreliable, but for the most part, it is very reliable. The site does what it needs to do. My shop is up and running and I get my orders. My business is more organized and I can make my money easily and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Consultant
What do you like best?

The best part about Shopify is that if you know very little about e-commerce or how to even how to build a website, you're going to be able to get up and going in a matter of hours. They make it simple to have an online store from the domain to payment processing. Spotify has a good amount of themes for free and lots of premium ones with add-ons that can really make the stores comprehensive including subscription models. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can feel really restrictive at first especially if you are coming from WordPress or another self create platforms. However, almost like an iPhone what you give up in customization you gain in ease of use. Also the addons are rather expensive and many are monthly subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking an easy way to start an online store, Shopify makes it simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Shopify to create quick and easy online shops for my clients. Especially those that have a few products with lots of variations as well as at the beginning of their e-commerce adventure. The main benefits I can't stress enough is the ease of use and quick onboarding. You can really get going in a matter of hours of getting a domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Shopify is that one need not have to know to code to create a shopping website, If you are a businessman without coding skills then also you can create a shopping website on your own without anyone's help. Also, Shopify has a great marketplace where one can find multiple extensions to integrate with your shopping website. And if you know to code then you can also modify the Shopify's theme and can create a theme according to your need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing I disliked about Shopify was that its too pricy, Although it offers great features it should reduce its price to attract more customers. Also, the interface should be easier to use. Currently, if we cant to edit code we have to go inside theme-> , If it could be easier to find, then the feature could be more easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is a great platform to make your business go online. It doesn't matter if you know to code or not. You can create your business online without any help. If you want to add more features then also, you can use its market place instead of a developer's help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Shopify, I am creating a shopping website. With it, I can create a shopping website in minutes and also, customize it according to our business needs. Also, the apps or the extensions available in the market place provides many features such as creating discount codes, automatic messaging, customizing themes, adding new features or popups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

14 Day Free Trial

Easy to Use & Access

Free Themes & Apps

Beginner-friendly

Ultimate tutorials & Knowledgebase Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

till now, I didn't find anything that I don't like, but there are some limitations for Indian users. there is no Shopify credit card payment option for Shopify India. because they need United States Bank details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply Awesome, If you are a beginner and want to start an online store or a dropshipping store, Shopify is the best choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have also used WIX and WordPress, But Shopify is the best eCommerce platform for beginners. I have also created a dropshipping store. and its really amazing without any issue and goos customer support, that's a plus point for beginners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When is comes to shopify, it makes everything easy.

It is easy to set up and even a lay man can use it, a person can start it's store within 72 hours.

You don't need any coding skills for Shopify.

It has various free themes which makes your website really presentable and makes it easy to use for the customers as well.

You don't have to hire anyone for Shopify, you can do every on your own as most of the things are automated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is only one problem with Shopify and that's the fee structure of Shopify. It might be convenient for people who are living in developed countries but for developing countries 29$/ month is bit more because selling a product isn't that easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are launching your own ecommerce store then go for shopify, you don't need any coding knowledge as everything is automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As most of the things are automated, I find everything so easy. If anyone is entering into eCommerce then that person should give it a try as they do offer a 14 days trial.

I can create coupon codes and I don't have to worry about any payment issue. Shopify is making my life so easy.

I don't need any other software for inventory management as Shopify tells me everything about my inventory as well.

It's secure and reliable and it gives you a free SSL certificate as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shopify has been great for my small business. I have two brick and mortar stores as well as an online store. Shopify allows me to do everything in one system. Very intuitive to use- I am not super computer savvy! It keeps track of my inventory and gives me all sorts of reports and analytics. There are many ways to customize the system to fit different needs. And one of the best features is if you have any questions they have the most fantastic support! Switched from Square and am very happy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only problem is that the POS systems in the stores will periodically drop Bluetooth and so some of the peripheral components like the printer and card reader can drop out. I’m not sure if the issue is the shopify system or the iPad I’m using… Trying to get to the bottom of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Besides being an easy to use POS, the main problem that Shopify has solved for me is tracking my inventory between my online store and my brick and mortar stores. Now I finally know how much I have, and where everything is distributed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shopify is a highly secured platform for ecommerce business website. We can buy and sale online product on Shopify secure server. It is easy to manage business sales and provide advance options to users to apply Discount codes. We can sell online products in multiple languages in various countries. Shopify is also useful for create custom blogs and gives 24/7 customer support to manage business website online. Shopify hosting server is very secure and fast easy to handle large website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No issue face to handle Shopify platform. Shopify is compatible for any type of online business website and provides advance option to customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend Shopify for online business. It is easy to upload unlimited products online and we can make secure online store to sale products. We can change our contract any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify gives opportunity to seller to sell products in all over world. We are designing and development agency and work for client business. We have develop lots of ecommerce website on Shopify platform. According to our development experience we can say it is good and secure tool to develop business website online. In Shopify we check our business sales and change product description according to upcoming sale. We can set discount coupons and gifts card for our customers to sell products on any occasions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager (Pre-MBA Internship)
What do you like best?

It helps to set up your online business or store. Any servers and codings are not needed to set up your business. Security features are provided in it to protect private information and other information related to clients. It is a mobile responsive platform that helps the user to operate activities of their online store from their mobile devices. It is a powerful platform to increase your sales. It is also providing various attractive themes for the front of the store to make it more appealing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes does not use the processor of Shopify for payments. Setting discounts on carts is a difficult procedure. It is difficult to customize most of its features. Its premium version is offering multiple ranges of characteristics but they are not similar to its free version. It is difficult to understand its implementation of widgets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps in selling your products and services through online websites and other social networking platforms. It helps to create and analyze digital marketing campaigns. Its dashboards contain many features that help to maintain shipping processes, payment processes, and order processes. It is also providing a feature for tracking your orders live. A variety of third-party payment gateways are integrated with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the most helpful things about shopify is the ease of use. Easy to setup, and easy to use. If you do run into anything that you cant figure out there is an amazing shopify community that will go above and beyond to help you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside of shopify that I would probably bring up is the lack of a wholesale or B2B portal unless you up grade to shopify plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. It will be the best thing you ever did for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Shopify for all of our day to day business needs. We use it for inventory, sales, and many other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Access to the platform is very easy since it is not necessary to download any platform as it is managed directly from the website, it provides a free period of 15 days, during which the platform can be designed, during this time the virtual store will not be available to the public because the subscription must be canceled for this, it is very good because this grace period allows you to adapt and design with complete peace of mind without time pressure and immediate profitability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first time I used the platform I was very motivated because I saw many designs that caught my attention, to my surprise these designs had a cost, that is, they were not included in the grace period, and so I went through a large number of options and variations, which is why I had to design my first page with what was available, fortunately later I was able to acquire these designs and apply them to my page, but it was very disappointing the fact that it had an additional cost to the subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify is a website for the creation and administration of virtual stores, this platform allows those who do not have much knowledge, especially, to familiarize themselves with the process and to design the platform to their liking where they can trade their products, in In our case, we use Shopify services to market our products in different markets, especially with low demand Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Officer
What do you like best?

Shopify is an all-round tool for anyone who wants to sell or dropship. Shopify can be combined with Oberlo to ease out product posting, price updating, and other essential tasks.

Shopify also has all the features to set up customer service for any drop shipper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I found that I dislike with Shopify. Although based on experience, it would be easier if Shopify has a Built-in tool to easily place products from any supplier website, like Alibaba.com to Shopify. Right now, I use Oderlo to do the trick. Unfortunately, Oberlo is not free to use the app and costs additional monthly on top of what I am paying for Shopify already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Shopify for both small business and big business who wants to look for an e-commerce app that is packed with features that can rival other e-commerce websites out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify is a one-stop-shop. It helps me and my clients with their Shopify e-store by keeping everything under one e-commerce app. Manage product listing, pricing, and quantity. Manage order fulfillment, order cancellation and order refund. Use it also as a Customer Relationship Management tool to reply to any customer concerns.

As an e-store manager, I also obtain and view reports by going to Analytics and check in a quick glance the behavior of our customers, sales, and which products are selling like pancakes and which aren't.

Shopify also has a cool feature where I can add all the sales channels, like facebook shop, Amazon, and other points of sale and check on how the products are selling on these sales channels without leaving the same app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Catalogue Specialist
What do you like best?

Before i register my business here, the business was like a bit poor and dull, after i registered i feel my business was became a popular through out my town and people knows what to get from my store, really thankful to the shopify for launching a best platform for especially to the business people. i even starts to interact with my higher business persons to just go online through business website, so that the people will knows and we can grow up the sales.. even the prices are also pocket friendly to continue the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didnt found any qualifications for dislike, but i can say the price quote was shared a bit costly for the poor business people, please make it 40-45 days premium, and also the customer care interaction was very slow. Only i found this two issue here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice is to, just give a try.. There's nothing wrong to give a chance, I hope u will get a best results and best profits with incentives, Personally i feel this is best platform for the business beginners. Thank you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Long time wait to talk with customer support, and should improve the options more and weekly cash-out was the best option for little business people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Shopify is specifically designed for e-commerce retail businesses, which makes designing the webpage very easy and simple. I also really like the discounts interface, it's set up in a way that the user does not need to tinker with it in order to understand it; it's very flexible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tutorials seemed confusing and it was difficult to change some of the content on our web page. FAQ answers weren't very thorough/detailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding a platform for our e-commerce business. It's made our journey easier and less stressful because we don't have to stress about the NJ or details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It's a very easy software to use. Very simplified Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is great that is a simplified platform, however there a few things that I would change. It is not very easy to search for products. This is a bit frustrating if you don't use a scanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently trying to solve an issue with the new Shopify regarding registers. As a store, you want to be able to see your total sales for the day easily, instead of having to click on each "session". Seems unnecessary when instead you could just quickly review each days totals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shopify has many themes, but the free one (Debut) works fine. I also love how thorough their help section is. The customer service has been top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to figure out how to navigate things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify has enabled me to be confident in their platform and that everything is working properly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quick and thorough customer service. Will work hard to solve issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

printing price tags is convoluted. There should be a better way that isn't so many steps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

play with it a bunch before you decide if it will work for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

seamless transition between pos and website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Shopify is a simple platform designed to get you started without the need of coding and such. You can customize the code at a later date, but it’s very simplified to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could have some better analytics compared to Shopify Plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to use Shopify Academy and implement something everyday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We offer and provide Print on Demand products. Some of which a customer can upload their own photos to give a sense of what personalization really is all about Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Shopify’s ease of use is another level, with a few clicks you can already publish a professional looking e-commerce website. The only thing the website asks from you are the title, description and images to use for your website. You can select from many templates and afterwards edit it to your needs. Make sure to have high-quality images available as low quality images will result in pixelated looking website, which removes the whole purpose of Shopify. Your products also show up on Googles website as this system integrates Google’s code for it to show on “Google Shopping”. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With so many templates available to choose from (around 70), there should be a way to integrate functionality from other e-commerce systems when switching to Shopify. We had problems to make our website look the same like before but with Shopify’s additional features. An advanced conversion to convert old website to Shopify with same design would be wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a professional looking e-commerce website and don’t have coding knowledge, then this is the platform you should use. They give you a lot of templates to choose from and help you through the process of publishing your e-commerce website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to look professional when we sell digital products. Your website has to look professional as this brings authenticity and reliability with it. A seamless checkout process, clear images and design helps attract new customers. We are solving the problem of giving our potential customers a bug-free checkout process with a professional looking website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The main concept behind Shopify is that users without a lot of computer experience (design, programming) can create their own store without using a design agency or web developer. A plus is people who are familiar with HTML and CSS will be happy to learn that Shopify allows you to edit both. Creating a very accessible template that allows you to change a majority of the way it appears. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost, there are several different levels that you can select. Personally, I feel like the higher levels are extremely expensive, but than again if I had a store with high volume I probably would choose the higher level as well. Otherwise, I really enjoy using this system and would highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe Shopify is one of the best eCommerce platforms on the market today. It's focused on helping people build their own website without having to seek out extra help, there are hundreds of features, you can sell products directly on your website, as well as on social media and on other marketplaces. Overall, I would definitely recommend Shopify to anyone interested in expanding their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems that have been solved are marketing our product and allowing it to be sold on Facebook and other online platforms. I realized the more easily accessible the product you are selling is, the easier it is going to be sold. A lot of people use Shopify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Software Engineer (Contract)
What do you like best?

Shopify is an intuitive software that empowers the simple production of online advancement stores. It is an amazingly adjustable instrument allowing me the beginning of an online store from scratch and completing it with my ideal appearance. Shopify is probably the best tool for all E-Commerce needs just as the domain and hosting services. The joining of Shopify with other installment workplaces helps to avoid damage to sales for not holding the client's picked deal processor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Shopify is profoundly overpriced. Even though Shopify is an amazing platform that offers gigantic help, a few tools are giving an increasingly sensible expense. Wireless help is just offered in English. Such a platform existing in numerous sites from different places all through the world, it must convey multi-language support. The site format some of the time winds up bewildering. Shopify makes reasonable reports, yet these must be improved comprising of more precise information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify is a suitable platform that enables a person to intrigue clients all through the world. It empowers you to charge distinctive delivery expenses to the clients dependent on their areas. Moreover, Shopify gives information about the purchaser's area. One of the advantages of Shopify is that if a thing came up short on a stock and you didn't conceal it from the site at an appropriate time before someone gets it, the cashback system is exceptionally basic and you don't have to catch the installment precisely to help maintain a strategic distance from stock-outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Java / Kotlin back-end and Android developer
What do you like best?

Among other system, Shopify is something unusual.

As a developer I see situation in prism of programming logic

Being on the line of this duty.... I interesting most to get api key that allow me to work from ASP.NET C#, pass through authorization and get token to work with API Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Shopify has a long history and lives long on the market to fix child decease mostly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many players on the market, Shopify is one of the best I suppose Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shopify allows me to play with products on site and grant access though API endpoint Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.