Nutshell

Nutshell is CRM software that helps small-business sales reps win more deals.

Work for Nutshell?

Learning about Nutshell?

Nutshell Reviews

Ask Nutshell a Question
Showing 395 Nutshell reviews
Nutshell review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"Flexible startup CRM With Annoyances"

What do you like best?

This CRM is very affordable for small businesses looking to scale sales ops. It offers a lot of flexibility within their framework. Their customer service is responsive and they constantly roll out new features.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the useful logic/automation is locked in at the higher price point (pro). Tiered usage per user doesn't seem to be offered for teams that don't want to pay for features some users won't use. Pending sales wipes out custom processes - they define pending as a pre-lead, so lead feature get wiped out. Full disclosure: I haven't revisited this in a while but I remember setting custom reports at an agency level was a pain (had to share via a link). Not easy to link Google docs within the lead. The mobile app is useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are accustomed to a more established CRM this may disappoint.

We use this primarily for sales operations. We've set custom processes for different types of leads. Affordability is the best benefit. Once you get it's features down you can make it compliment your own processes.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Nutshell
Nutshell review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Great, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-up"

What do you like best?

As a web-based CRM, Nutshell perfectly balances having enough functionality without becoming a chore to setup and maintain. Having transitioned from a legacy CRM (Goldmine), Nutshell checked all the boxes as it pertains to a modern CRM, including multiple user access, mobile app (iOS and Android) and cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.

What do you dislike?

The integration with my Google Calendar is great, but every now and then, I'll end up with duplicate entries. This is not a major issue, but it does get annoying. There's also a minor formatting issue I have with the way Nutshell creates events locally (and in Google Calendar), where it automatically appends Company and People names to the Title of the event and also includes all People in the Agenda field. This might be fine for some users, but I'd prefer if there were a way to alter this behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of CRMs available, but Nutshell cuts through the crap and provides exactly the features most users need without bogging you down with extra stuff that looks/sounds great but turns out to be more trouble than it's worth!

Having a mobile CRM tool that can provide, contact info, task and activity management, and pipeline management from wherever I may be sitting.

What CRM solution do you use?

Nutshell review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Great CRM system fit for growing business"

What do you like best?

As a small and growing business I like that the cost is something we CAN afford. We use the system for all sorts of different applications and is used as the hub of our business.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the relationships between the leads and the companies work. For my company it would make much more sense to have a "Lead" in the system until that lead is closed and then converted to a "company". Part of the reason I say that is there is WAY too much clutter in the system having two (or more) of each customer (or potential customer) in the system. The functionality of the lead should be transposed to the company.

I would like it if when we get a lead in the system that stays as a lead until the customer is closed, then the lead is converted (and is removed from the leads page) to a customer or company...

I would change the way the activities are used by having a system option where each activity can be pushed forward by the present time until they are logged. This will help to be sure activities arent forgotton, or missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need a CRM, just try it, youll like it...

For my business we are selling food products into our customers. I would like to have checklist capabilities that we can make for each customer so each product is listed (unchecked) in each customer, and when we go and pitch a product to a store we can then check off that we tried to sell them on it, or maybe a change of status so we know if the product was successfully/unsuccessfully/"in waiting" status for sales...

Nutshell review by Rebecca O.
Rebecca O.

"As a recruiter, it is hard to keep track of everything but Nutshell has made it super easy for me."

What do you like best?

I like the way I can create different profiles and status for my candidates. I also like the way I can track the schools that I work with. Being able to link my gmail has been fantastic as I just have to take a quick glance at one of my candidte's profiles and know where they are in the job process (with emails and events). Finally I like the fact that I can leave tasks on candidate profiles as it keeps me efficient during the busy months of recruiting.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have quicker access to email templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use. Youcan track everything in one place. You can leave events and tasks on profiles to keep you efficient and you can connect your email and twitter accounts to it.

Nutshell has helped me to become more efficient as a recruiter. Before Nutshell, I was using hundreds of excel sheets and they were difficult to manage. It has also helped me greatly when sorting through my candidates and managing them in my high profile leads and low profiles leads.

Nutshell review by Ruben S.
Ruben S.

"Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and quite flexible. There are many options and you can use it to manage a lot or you can use it for simple tasks

What do you dislike?

The timeline on the leads (where all of the project messages go) is completely useless if you have several projects with the same client. If you send an email and bcc@nutshell.com the email will get recorded on all of the leads associated with that client so you will end up with a ton of messages that don't belong to the lead. It is quite frustrating, to say the least, to go through the timelines in meetings reviewing leads and not being able to see information that it is relevant to that lead. Salespeople particularly have no patience for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this product if you plan to use the timeline and you have several leads / projects with the sane client.

Lead assignment including territories.

Nutshell review by Erin A.
Erin A.

"Great CRM for a Start Up"

What do you like best?

Customization and Pipeline Process management are my two favorite capabilities within Nutshell. We rely on our default pipeline weekly and the ability to add custom, trackable fields to our lead view has been a game changer.

What do you dislike?

The limitations to what you can import have caused us many problems. While you can bulk edit Nutshell default columns, you can't bulk edit custom created fields, nor can you export, update, and reimport them to reflect changes. Manual edits become week long tasks and take hours of man power to complete when we update/add/remove various fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell is great for a start-up and super easy to implement. It's also incredibly customizable, which helps when you're trying to track multiple variables for leads, contacts, companies, etc.

We have Salespeople in multiple offices and Nutshell as allowed us to keep track of various sales territories while staying organized across multiple accounts.

I've worked extensively with the Nutshell API to create a dashboard in Google Sheets to track various metrics and that has been extremely useful.

Nutshell review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"Nutshell Review for B2B Business"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Nutshell is the ability to look at your pipeline on it's dashboard. It's nice to have all of the information that I need on one page, as well as correspondence between sale reps and clients when attached to our exchange server, allowing even more insight into the progression of leads, and where they are in the pipeline

What do you dislike?

I have noticed when exporting some reports that even though I have selected which specific data I would like exported, there are extra fields that I did not need to have in the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell is an affordable and thorough lead management system, and it perfectly suits our needs.

One of the greatest advantages for me as the admin, is that it seamlessly syncs up with our mailing platform, allowing me to track marketing emails, and revenue generated from those emails. being able to put realistic revenue numbers with our marketing efforts are a big plus.

Nutshell review by anthony  s.
anthony s.

"Easy to setup and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and integrations make overall usability very high. App is also very responsive and robust.

In addition, the time for us from sign up to full implementation across our organization was very quick and painless. Everyone even those that were not proficient with technology was happy with the implemation and the support.

What do you dislike?

More ways to separate/ sort information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Nutshell don't wait you will be very happy and time to get up and running is very little.

This platform is just easier to use and implement don't waste your time with other solutions that are more expensive and more complex. This has great reporting with no need for outside dashboards.

we are condensing all of our sales force info into one platform. We have modified resources and changed geolocation due to information obtained though nutshell organization

Nutshell review by Anisa C.
Anisa C.

"Exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that the program hava a trial version, and in two weeks you will really understand whether it suits you or not, the program completely suited our requirements. The first thing that pleased us with this program was that we could easily drop our contacts, calendars, and emails, wherever they were from us. It was simple enough to drive all contacts, business cards. Our team often has to track the trend of our team or analyze the transactions that we lost, thanks to Nutshell it becomes, perhaps.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a problem with e-mails, but it's all fixable and not so serious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to simplify your work, improve and track your performance before this program is for you. She will not disappoint you.

Nutshell helps keep me informed of everything that will happen during the day. As I already wrote, it helps to easily make reports on work. It's enough to communicate quickly and easily with the team using mobile notification.

Nutshell review by Sharon A.
Sharon A.

"Nice basic CRM for small group"

What do you like best?

We are using Nutshell for a three-person sales team and it works pretty well. It's nice that you can block off accounts by sales person and control what others can see.

What do you dislike?

The export process doesn't have as much flexibility for filtering as other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our sales team members are not all tech-savvy, and Nutshell was easy for everyone to learn and use. I've worked with several other CRM programs, and I feel this one is a good basic version that allows for some customization based on the company's needs. We have not done any reporting, so if that's important to you be sure to do some research.

Our sales team is mobile so the manager can see what's happening from the office without constantly calling for updates on specific customers.

Nutshell review by Abram C.
Abram C.

"Easy to use CRM for Small businesses"

What do you like best?

I used and analyzed in many CRMs as a consultant. I believe Nutshell to be the easiest to navigate, both in desktop and mobile versions, with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales of cadence in a team based on the sales process. This intelligence and setting function also helps me really understand who my customers are, where we are in a relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative emotions! With each new release there is a lot of good that somehow made it even better. I can not wait to see where this program might be in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train your companies through their installations, super to remember that daily users have to do and see = do it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

We needed an integrated CRM system that could help our small software companies grow and prosper. As part of what we need to automate much of the inbound sales, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. The nutshell was an excellent tool for us.

Nutshell review by Shawnna C.
Shawnna C.

"All tools which we need to run our business."

What do you like best?

As for me, I like in Nutshell that I can easily find any contact, clients or conversation which I urgently need.

I have a wonderful system for automating sales operation. With this platform, I can track or view my leads. Hand in hand I can work with all my team on one page. Also, it is great to see a report of all our productiveness.

What do you dislike?

I guess the all working process with our report should be much easy and simple to understand. Actually, it is will helps to new users. Generally, the software is the good working system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I recommend that software. The software is useful for most people. Will helps you to create wonderful sales process. I guess we found an easy way to use CRM that does anything that we need it. I hope you will like it and it is will be a good key to your working routine.

Now we can combine and centralizes the working tools which we are used to running our company. Great working ways with calendars or Microsoft Office email with all of this we don't need to have an IT department.

Nutshell review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"Easy Organization"

What do you like best?

Being able to link everyone's email has been amazing. Its great to always be looped in with whats going on. Especially if you have a customer that has been conversing with a team member that is on vacation or out of the office. You can easily search the email function and find the information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes using the map where we have all our customers can be glitchy- I dont know if you can add the zip code to search but I havent seen that as a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to keep organized.

Miscommunication for starters. We can look up specific emails from other staff members on quotes they sent out. The lead section is also helpful to keep track of follow ups.

Nutshell review by Lin N.
Lin N.

"Better to be with the report about everything."

What do you like best?

I can see the most important and up-to-date info for every individual and company our sales team cooperate with. Much easy I can sync my phone contacts, collect leads from our site, or scan business cards in the one minute.Nutshell provides easy access to customer data through the search function. We have the ability to register actions and make notes about interactions with the client. This makes my work much easier and more efficient!

What do you dislike?

I never have a problem with Nutshell. All process is really very easy and understandable. I can work calm and don't think that some problems can come during the working duties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will forget about stressing about forgotten duty and blown deadlines. Also, you will have the ability to work with board view is the interactive method to control your pipeline. Drag and drop conduct to the next sales step and mark trade as won or canceled. much easy to control the overall health of your pipeline and faster see what needs to be done next. Definitely, I recommend.

We are always sure that every deal is handled by the rep who’s most probably to close it, based on criteria such as product type, or lead source. Faster see what needs to happen next on either deal and speed up the onboarding of new sales managers.

Nutshell review by Scottie G.
Scottie G.

"Keep all your process in the comfortable place."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have the ability to work with more clear and organized program where I will sort all my conversation, contacts and my customer's list. All my sales function is automatic which allows me to know everything.

What do you dislike?

I found one place which brings little bit delay in our team. It is the hard way to understand all working process. Need real time to know how to deal with tools more faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software making our day right. Make your sales trade better and fast. Perfect monitoring at your leads. The perfect gift from CRM that can build process effective in our business.

We like to work with more effective way. We have an opportunity to centralizes the important tools which will helps us to control our working process and be sure that it is the better step to increase productivity. We always work with Microsoft Office email and we can say that it works well inside our team and doesn't make us any harm.

Nutshell review by Suzanne L.
Suzanne L.

"Nutshell is Great for First Time CRM Users"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and follow. It's user interface is clean and well organized.

What do you dislike?

I've had some trouble before creating templates for mass email messages I've wanted to send out to all our customers. I wish it was a little easier to filter and could send more than 100 messages at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great CRM to keep your sales communications with customers organized. I love the feature of taking a picture of a business card and it automatically inputs into the system.

Organizing our customers by the products they use. It's great for 10+ person sales force to input contacts so we can all share and see the activity of each customer.

Nutshell review by Jacob G.
Jacob G.

"A good value CRM that includes many features"

What do you like best?

I like the breadth of tools and data that Nutshell can provide for us. The user interface can display lots of data windows, but it does so in a smooth and pleasant way. I can rearrange panels and go back and forth between different metrics fairly quickly. The cost is on the low side for what we get. We can add all the dimensions of pipeline and other sales data to keep everyone completely up to speed on the status of all accounts and leads at any given moment. Nutshell is also flexible when it comes to integrations and mobile accessibility.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of customization options, but I think I prefer to work with a system that is mostly set in its ways. For example, I like that Facebook has a solid structure that allows for some customizing, but it generally looks and works the same for everyone. Maybe I'm just a simple person, but I like systems in general to be more rigid to avoid mistakes and inconsistencies between accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course, I would totally recommend Nutshell as a sales platform that will allow your team to collaborate efficiently and stay on top of activities and goals. When sales teams need to be able to react and adapt quickly to leads, it's important they can retrieve relevant data as soon as possible, and Nutshell can be a great platform to do that.

Nutshell is a strong piece of our daily sales activities. It's an extremely insightful tool that allow us to view and publish fresh data on sales campaigns and new business activities. Staying informed is key to developing new customers, and Nutshell definitely helps to provide more information than I can possibly think of. Most team members connected to Nutshell are able to act more quickly, efficiently and confidently by being able to access information straight from each source in a centralized way. The email capabilities are also very useful for staying in regular touch with leads to avoid interest fizzling out.

Nutshell review by Kayla T.
Kayla T.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

We like that it is very easy to use. It is simple to close deals and is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

We do not like that the user interface is pretty archaic looking. Other than that, we are pretty happy with the software. We are brand-new to using it, so it may take us some time to learn. Some education on the product features would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right, and the user interface is easy to use. It is simple for our sales people, who are a bit aged, to use -- and that was very important to us. We would recommend having someone take some time getting used to the software to be able to walk sales people through the process. We really liked how easy it was to make and then delete test accounts. This was very important to our evaluation process.

We are really hoping that we can have some more organization when we are working with clients. We tend to be pretty disorganized. This is helping us to make sure that our sales people are being effective and are doing what they said they are doing while they are in the field. We use the reporting metrics to help us understand what our sales people are doing. Although we are new to Nutshell, we are hoping that these features will help us help our sales people close more deals and forget about less leads.

Nutshell review by John M.
John M.

"Great budget friendly option"

What do you like best?

It is efficiently designed for users to access key information quickly. In comparison to the mainstream CRM options it is dramatically cheaper. It is easy to train as the design is very intuitive. It is also very easy to setup new users or deactivate users when appropriate. The mobile app is also quite good and works on most phones well.

What do you dislike?

More integrations would be appreciated to help simplify processes. A better integration with pandadocs would also be good. Or create a quote creation tool that is part of the system would be even better. It would also be good to see integrations with more chat clients and it would be useful if it worked with more third party email marketing platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Nutshell is certainly worth considering for many businesses starting out as it is good value. The only thing that might make you want to consider a bigger CRM in the future might be needs for more integrations, custom workflows, etc.

This helps a lot with consistent sales processes amongst a team. Management of pipelines on individual and team basis. Crucial tool for the sales team. Nutshell offers a great balance of value and features which for our business is great.

Nutshell review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Nutshell moves our business forward!"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is easy to use. To get up and running with the basic features take very little time. My team was able to start implementing the Tasks and activities right away. The search tool is very powerful for finding people and companies. Typically when we are on the phone with a customer we try to pull up there nutshell card.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit confusing when you are entering details for companies and individuals. Sometimes you are not sure where the information should go. Also, I wish there were an easy way to use multiple email addresses for one user. We have several catch-all email addresses however there is not an easy way to incorporate them so that the emails can be cataloged. The 'duplicate' feature seems a little half baked. We can so many false positives and very few actual duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the feature set fits what you need. We are not using the leads and it feels like we are paying for something that we don't need in the first place.

Nutshell has helped us stay on top of people that we need to follow up with and tasks that need to be completed. This can easily be overlooked and sales can be lost. By adding customers' information right away and scheduling follow-ups and tasks, we have been able to keep up with customers and convert more of them to sales.

Nutshell review by Administrator

"Great Customization and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I've been very impressed with how much Nutshell can truly do for my team and my business. I appreciate the expansive filtering options for reporting and tracking all of my leads. Any time anyone has a question or problem, it is easy to get help from Nutshell Customer Service. I appreciate their willingness to customize our Nutshell interface to help us be most efficient in our work especially as we continue to evolve and request new changes.

What do you dislike?

The downside of offering SO MUCH on a CRM is that it requires a huge learning curve for training. For my organization it is complicated because we have a large amount of users and many cannot put in the time it truly takes to utilize Nutshell to the fullest. It is also not necessary that they NEED to fully understand all the features of Nutshell, but because it becomes overwhelming to them they end up not wanting to use it at all. Could there be a simplified version for those users that don't need full access? (I understand this is a problem my organization is trying to solve on our own).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just work with Nutshell, they'll help make it what you want!

The reports are the most beneficial. Those statistics are valuable with how we want to continue connecting with people - what works and what does not work.

Nutshell review by Chad W.
Chad W.

"Good CRM system"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is point-and-click. It doesn't take much training to get a new person up and running on the system. The ability to schedule pickups and assign to a specific person is quite helpful, especially since the alert is sent to their email address. It's also a good system for creating leads for whatever business you're trying to run.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we don't really like (and this is a bit of a nitpicky issue) is when you're creating a contact, you need to pay attention and click on the "create" link. Otherwise, you've just lost whatever you've entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth checking out. They're inexpensive, especially for a small business like ours.

We are a wholesale food distributor. So, having the ability for our drivers to get real-time updates has been crucial. We also found a way to create product sampling, and whether a customer is interested in the product. This is beneficial as it's an easy way to track interest.

"Work made easy."

What do you like best?

We are a solar company and have used Nutshell to enter all our leads and keep both the sales reps and customer updated throughout their process. Nutshell has been amazing in allowing us to be on top of our process and know exactly at what stage each of our customers are at. We have worked with nutshell for over two years now and it has done us well and would recommend this to any company looking for one solid tool to help keep things organized and on track.

What do you dislike?

In all honesty there is nothing I hate about nutshell or have every disliked. Its easy to use as mentioned even syncing its with your calendar is a piece of cake. This tool was so easy for me to learn how to use and daily discover cool details about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is the wya to go if you are looking for something simple to use and easy to work with. You don'y have to worry about having information all over the place and can keep track of leads and project statuses.

We have many leads we open and Nutshell has helped us go back to old leads and clean up make sure we didn't miss any customer who have ever requested a follow up down the road.

Nutshell review by Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.

"It's good for small sales org"

What do you like best?

The thing about Nutshell is that it's fairly easy to use, doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles that get in the way, and is pretty intuitive. We moved from Salesforce, where we were only really using a tenth of its capabilities, to Nutshell, which is much more streamline and easy to understand. I also love the mobile app, it's great when on-the-go or working remotely.

What do you dislike?

Nutshell is missing a lot of reporting capabilities. The one thing that I miss is the ease of creating activity reports which Nutshell doesn't have built out. I'd also like it to be easier to share and download report with a better format. Another thing is that when you add custom field, they show up on the right side bar so if you have a lot of fields, it's annoying to scroll through them. A suggestion I would have is to include it as a tab that takes up the entire screen on desktop, similar to the way it's presented on the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small sales org, don't need a lot of additional tools, or just need a good CRM to get your sales pipeline off the ground, this is a solid win.

We recently moved to a different sales model and Nutshell has been a huge help in lead nurturing, follow-up, and reporting. I love the ease of assigning different products to a lead without too much fuss. It's also very easy to connect leads to an existing client account without causing duplication, an issue we commonly encountered with Salesforce.

Nutshell review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"Great platform and would def recommend"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is great as it provides a complete package for managing leads and contacts and can be fully customized to each team member's work flow. It had insightful reports as well as activity tracking.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be a little faster and offer more segmentation and sort functions- also it would be better if it connected with linked in and ms office a little easier. It seems like you can get it to do cool things, but it takes effort to get it set up.

I used to use the activity reminders but they ended up getting overly complicated so I stopped and still us spread sheets for my high runner customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say it is certainly a good tool- it gives us what we need and it has some great features like activity tracking for sales managers and team members to keep focused on the right areas. It is competitively prices and I did think it was better than anything else on the market when we were shopping around a couple of years ago.

Initially it was extremely vital to the way we operated. I think if we had our whole team using it early on it would have been better, but on sales were utilizing it.

It would have been impossible to not have a CRM in place when we were starting up in 2016

Nutshell review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The absolute best feature of Nutshell is its simplicity. Without much work, I’ve found Nutshell easy to navigate and customizable to meet the needs of the program I support. I also really appreciate the Google Apps integration which has made it easy to record emails and manage to-do lists.

What do you dislike?

I’m most comfortable using the web interface. While the mobile app has the handy ability to scan business cards, I don’t find it as easy to use. In addition, I wish the app translated to the iPad which is my preferred device on the road. I also wish the calendar integration feature was a little more customizable. We sometimes run into the issue of internal stakeholders who are not Nutshell users being auto-created in the tool when we import calendar events and emails.

We use Nutshell to track interactions with potential program sponsors. It’s been exceedingly helpful to build a record of past interactions and also to move leads through the pipeline feature.

Nutshell review by Will D.
Will D.

"Versatile CRM helps me stay on top of business real time"

What do you like best?

I find the map feature on the desktop version very helpful for planning my sales rounds as a I can easily filter by customer type and make sure I’m calling on customers in a specific geography, maximizing my time and effort.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile version has a similar map feature (Pipedrive has something like this) for real time use out in the field. I also find the process of adding companies, leads and people to be more cumbersome on the mobile version than desktop. I also find the dictation feature is less accurate than I’d like (something I use a lot as I walk around NYC so I can stay aware of my surroundings)

Ensuring I maintain the right cadence of contact with my customers and keeping a comprehensive record of my interactions with them. Nurshell makes it easy to add notes with personal tidbits I learn that help me develop meaningful and lasting relationships with customers.

Nutshell review by Tammy A.
Tammy A.

"Nurshel for sales management "

What do you like best?

1. The interface in Nutshell is very userfriendly and direct use. I don't have to waste too much time on learning this platform.

2. We can custom many settings (e.g pipeline/process/product/market) in an easy way, which helps us keep track of our performance base on our company culture.

3. All of these easy settings made our lead management stays clear and easy to read.

4. Report function greatly reduces our time on data analysing.

What do you dislike?

1. Contact person - We hate the contact person that we input on nutshell doesn't link with the company. This makes lots of duplicate data and the company profile looks messy.

2. Product setting - In that page, the system cant view all market in horizontally, its so difficult for reviewing the product detail and market all in one go. It would be great if we can have sorting in that page as well.

3. Dashboard - we hope can have more setting / customization. right now the bashboard funciton cant show excatly what we want.

4. Search - seatch everything seems no use as it shows tons of data.

5. Data cleansing - we hope can have an easy way for data management. espically can all in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. easy lead maagement

2. easy reporting

3. easy team monitoring

4. easy setup in backend

1. Pipeline management help us view and track the leads. It helps us to know what to do at every moment and reduces time-wasting tasks.

2. Reporting and performance tracking helps measure performance and pinpoint areas for improvement.

Nutshell review by Jacqueline L.
Jacqueline L.

"User-friendly CRM "

What do you like best?

Visually, it's easy to see the information. You can customize extra areas to gather more details. It's easy to use. You can filter almost everything you see to gather reports or export to an Excel file for more information.

What do you dislike?

It's a great system as a whole, but to integrate other programs in a production-style business, Nutshell fell short of that. In the company I work for my department really used Nutshell for sales and leads, but once it went to production, Nutshell isn't used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great CRM. Easy to use and visually organized and appealing. You can customize the fields easily and gather reports from their system or export to Excel to make your own.

Nutshell helps with reminders. We get caught up catching leads, but actually following up and maintaining that relationship and connections is where Nutshell highlights. You can set your own exact day and time to remind or have a soft reminder.

Nutshell review by Hilary A.
Hilary A.

"Modern, Straightforward CRM"

What do you like best?

Nutshell has been an essential tool for our small business. Its ease of use and lack of overcomplicated features has been most helpful to our team members that have never worked with a CRM in the past. I personally love the level of customization available throughout the system -- helping us create a new level of organization within our remote team's workflow. I've also been fully impressed with the responsiveness and level of personalized service from the Tech Support Team.

What do you dislike?

Clearly Nutshell is a growing business and is constantly improving the system and performance. Sometimes the changes to the layout and format can be confusing. I do love the improvements made the email capabilities. But there is still room for improvement. i.e. I'd love to be able to cc my colleagues on some emails. I'd also like easier and more affordable integrations. For example, take a lead and turning it into an invoice/proposal. for example: The cost of PandaDoc is beyond our budget as a small business.

Clear sales data and visual quotas. Overall, it's helped our small team to organize our clients and keep tabs on our communication. The new email feature has allowed us to create templates that make certain mundane task easier.

Nutshell review by Martin P.
Martin P.

"Comprehensive and easy-to-learn customer contact and lead management system"

What do you like best?

The way customer contacts/structure can be managed - contacts can be harvested from multiple sources and their relations managed; with custom fields one can build up very detailed overview of strategic selling targets, their needs, opinions and decision powers. All of this can be utilized in lead management, although some configuration is needed.

What do you dislike?

Although there are multiple integration options available they seem to be mostly 3rd party driven and thus often lacking from Nuthsell point of view. Nutshells default suggestion of using rapier for integratin is not very viable because of limitations in zapier service conditions (quickly going to more than half of Nutshell's service price) and because of very limited Nutshell webhooks solution and published information content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure contact management is your focus - for just lead management and sales tracking there are other alternatives. Be prepared to learn the quirks of the system and spend some on making integrations with your sources (in case not already available), but the result is worth it.

Both customer contact management for variety of needs and sales process management.

We're still mostly implementing the platform and creating necessary rulesets and automation, but so far Nutshell has already given us better overview of our customer base as well as sales activities.

Nutshell review by Brynna M.
Brynna M.

"Nutshell Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize successfully and keep track of open and won leads.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you removed the text box that showed up on the actual webpage for responding to e-mails and that the only option is a pop-up e-mail box that covers the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to use for companies that are looking for support management and deal with clients! I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card I want the gift card

It's very useful as a customer support platform. Nutshell makes it easy to organize.

Nutshell review by Matt Z.
Matt Z.

"Excellent, highly visual CRM"

What do you like best?

I work best with visual tools that allow me to gather all the necessary information at a glance.

Working with nutshell is very visual - I'm quite hands on and like to manage the process with a "high touch" - it helps me to understand where all my cdd are and what action needs to be taken next to move them through the pipeline. Nutshell is perfect for this - the automated features mean I spend less time doing "clicky" work while still having enough usability that matches with my work-flow process and recruitment-process.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could view uploaded documents without having to download them - a "view in browser" option maybe?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell let's me store and retrieve all the necessary information on my clients and candidates at a glance. The visual style of Nutshell perfectly reflects my preferred working method and being able to set up personalized or specialized pipelines is invaluable! If you're looking for a CRM that offers the RIGHT automated features but still allows for a sense of High-Touch in your pipeline - go Nutshell.

Keeping track of all cdd through the pipeline process. Creating specialized pipelines for high volume jobs.

Nutshell review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Good product getting better"

What do you like best?

Automated email scheduling and the ability to track email opens has been very effective in allowing me to improve email campaign conversion rates.

The only issue I have found with this is, when a lead has responded via a different email address, cancelling the scheduled emails. However, I do not see there being too much more Nutshell is able to do on this.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things look too cluttered, especially on the leads page I tend to find there is too much going on. If I have a list view, I tend to like things being absolute bare minimum and just being able to have a complete overview of everything I I can search for specifics if needed). Perhaps more flexibility on this page would be good.

Then again, perhaps I just haven't been using the product to its fullest extent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning how to use it properly.

I feel like it is very effective for keeping track of multiple types of sales within the same business. My colleagues and I are selling to very different types of customers (people and businesses etc.), yet we are able to work alongside each other in the same product.

Perhaps an improvement to this could be allowing a team to isolate itself from the others; have a whole area of Nutshell independent of the rest of the business where it can create its own leads which to not clash with those of other team members.

Nutshell review by Bert R.
Bert R.

"Recommending Nutshell for All my Colleagues"

What do you like best?

I work in Higher Education, specifically in the Career Services space. A common theme I've heard with peers in the employer engagement world is the challenge keeping track of all their connections. I appreciate that Nutshell allows our team to keep track of all the employers we engage with along with where the communications last ended. It makes it easy to follow up appropriately. Also it's great for organizing and sorting contacts based on industries and other factors. I've recommended Nutshell to numerous colleagues across the University landscape based on the functionality.

What do you dislike?

In our usage, we don't use it for sales or leads since we're a career services team. Thus it takes a little navigation to utilize it as we want to. In the Employer Engagement field we're less interested in the sales features and more interested in the relationship tracking and organizations features. Thus we don't use the lead module or pro features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put thought into how you want to use Nutshell as a CRM to streamline your processes. It will definitely take some tweaking from the initial state, however with some thoughtfulness it'll definitely be a valuable tool for your needs.

Nutshell allows our team to track and manage all the employer engagement we have on a regular basis. It allows us to make the best use of all the connections we develop over the course of the year and thus help employers find great talent and students find great jobs. It's a win-win for all of those stakeholders we work with.

Nutshell review by User

"Good database tool"

What do you like best?

I like that, when emailing clients or potential clients, you can bcc the nutshell email and it saves it to the client's database. It also lets me know when there's a duplicate name and gives me the option to merge the contact with the current business. It also allows you to add tags, which makes it really easy to track a specific group of clients.

What do you dislike?

I don''t like that when I have a long list of client contacts under a business, I have to repopulate the contact page whenever I'm looking at an extended list. Other that that, there really isn't much I don't like about Nutshell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't use it so much to track sales but I think it could be very beneficial for someone who is tracking sales and could help with forecasting as well.

It's pretty user friendly. It enables me to organize clients, prospective clients and allows me to easily transfer clients to different businesses once that client has moved to a new job. It allows me to track sales using their Dashboard option. When sending out emails, I can easily organize people base on their tags that I've assigned. I can then sort them into a list and export to an Excel doc.

Nutshell review by Mariah B.
Mariah B.

"Efficient System that's Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Our team enjoys using Nutshell to keep in contact with the our huge network of nonprofit professionals. We appreciate being able to research recent communications with an individual and understand where we are. We find the system easy to use, and it offers plenty of special features that we appreciate. We have built Nutshell into our everyday work system. Our team members always joke using #Nutshelled whenever they enter meeting notes or update the details about a person. We appreciate the tagging and filtering system which we use daily to organize our various networks.

What do you dislike?

We generally enjoy most of the Nutshell system. Right now, we wish we could add attachments to bulk emails which would make our conference material emails easier to communicate. We also wish that Nutshell offered a direct way to upload contacts from a website link without having to pay for an outside service. It would be great if it was more targeted for nonprofit professionals/associations that aren't seeking to track monetary investments, but rather networks of individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of syncing and upload features for getting started.

We use Nutshell for keeping track of relationships, keeping track of conference attendees, and informing our colleagues of updates to our network.

Nutshell review by Sean  S.
Sean S.

"Very easy CRM to utilize for an active Sales Rep on the go."

What do you like best?

Easy to enter new prospects information succinctly from the company name, phone number, email, primary contacts, who the decision maker is and so on , and continue adding information about the client as I gather it. It is also very easy to track the sales cycle and create notifications for follow up.

Sharing my pipeline with my sales manager as well has been much easier & I can realistically create estimations on closing percentage and let him know where I am in the sales cycle to make our 1 on 1's more effective. I also truly enjoy the search feature as I am gathering information for unknown clients that I need to assist my team or gather intel on for assisting in closing a deal.

What do you dislike?

wish the business card scanning feature on the phone was easier to use and prepopulated company/contact/etc. I also wish that there wasn't so many requirements or difficulty when moving through the lead process as every sales company is different & the cycle. If it would be customized based on the type of company, it would be more helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Nutshell to other companies considering it.

it is much easier to review with sales manager and track progress. Also, one of the biggest benefits is the communication with colleagues on conversations with clients whether that be phone calls or emails. It has dramatically helped in knowing where they are with the sales cycle and if I need to step in with a client.

Nutshell review by Harrison K.
Harrison K.

"Most user-friendly CRM out there"

What do you like best?

Its intuitive user interface. I've used many CRMs previously such as Salesforce, Highrise, SugarCRM, PipelineDeals etc. and Nutshell is by far the easiest to use. It's been a big difference for us as it doesn't matter how powerful your CRM is, as your staff won't use it if it's clunky. We've found that the data entered and stored in Nutshell to be much more rich than that which was stored in our previous, larger CRM platforms.

What do you dislike?

Nutshell's pricing model is frustrating. To get some key sales-management features such as advanced reporting (i.e. pipeline report) or multiple process types/milestones, you have to take a significant jump in price up (double) to the Pro version. If you're solely managing a sales team or a small team, it might make sense, but if you're looking to use this company-wide (i.e. for managing customers in addition to prospects), the cost can become prohibitive to pay the Pro rate for a bunch of light users (anyone outside of sales).

We use Nutshell to track our sales pipelines and forecasts as well as all of our communications to customers. We've enjoyed that Nutshell integrates with so many complementary platforms so that it is easy to connect all customer information in one place. For example, we've been able to sync our gsuite, PandaDoc proposals and Zendesk support communications all in one place.

Nutshell review by Consultant in Computer Networking
Consultant in Computer Networking

"Love Nutshell Completely "

What do you like best?

Functionality, customer support, integrations, user-friendly.

I've been using Nutshell for my business and helping my clients optimize this system for their businesses for over 7 years now and I've always been happy with upcoming features and support I've received.

What do you dislike?

There are a few customizing options I would recommend adding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell has been an incredible tool for many of my clients to customize their workflow processes to make their CRM as functional as possible for their business. I've used them for over 7 years and they have revolutionized a non-profit I work with to keep in touch with potential volunteers. They have been slow to add some features I feel necessary for better functionality, but they have always made my clients feel heard and valued.

I've helped streamline processes for non-profits as they have leads who want to volunteer and I have been able to customize systems for real estate agents and brokerages as well.

Nutshell review by Gabriela S.
Gabriela S.

"Great, needs some extra work, but gets job done well."

What do you like best?

I have tried other Customer Relations Management systems before and Nutshell is fairly user-friendly, has great support, and provides cool features. I like that it connects to my google, so it links my emails and calendar - that has saved a lot of time. Also, being able to separate companies from people in leads is crucial in the service industry.

What do you dislike?

I understand that it's designed for more of a product sales company but we'd love to see more service-management features. The reports could use some work as well. And exporting lists, contacts, leads, anything really can be a bit of a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be careful starting out to start doing things the right way. Establish what information needs to be in your leads, contacts, and companies, and where the information goes so that you know what needs to be done in the future. We had some issues with a lot of our old leads being poorly done, with little to no information and now we are paying the price.

Communicating with others on the team or in the company has gotten so much easier. The task or email-style services we've used in the past is very easy to get lost in but even the home page of Nutshell offers cool insights and tasks that need to be done. Additionally, Nutshell's ability to hold so much data has made it easier for us to get organized.

Nutshell review by Danny E.
Danny E.

"Nutshell is an incredible CRM that is easy to deploy for any team"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is extremely easy to deploy for sales teams of any size. It gets right to the point of setting up your sales processes, tracking your contacts and leads, and landing more sales. Unlike Salesforce, it doesn't require a team of experts to deploy. It is extremely affordable and the support team responds very quickly. I really love their reporting features as well. It is very easy to see the sales funnel and pipeline status of each customer. They care constantly improving these reporting capabilities and their filtering in reports. Their search function is amazing as well. It is very easy to quickly find information about any customer.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to find other software that natively connects to Nutshell. They have a REST api that isn't completely documented yet, but can be used to set up these connections manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a shot, especially if you don't have anything set up yet. It can easily be set up in and their team is extremely helpful an responsive.

Nutshell immediately helped us sort all of our leads and set up our sales process. We had been doing everything in spreadsheets and it was quickly overwhelming. Nutshell cleaned up the entire process very quickly.

Nutshell review by User

"Good CRM"

What do you like best?

Nutshell have helped us track our leads to be able to have a better understanding of the market.

What do you dislike?

I would like better compatibility with the phone, the phone app is limited compared to the website based nutshell, importing contacts from an Iphone can be difficult specially if you have personal contacts on you phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try on the free trial and make sure to click on the demo to see some of the features available, the help website on t nutshell is also full of really helpful information. Also if you are want to transfer contacts to the nutshell, the costumer service representative from nutshell can help you with this.

The use of nutshell haves helped us track where the jobs are going, before nutshell we didn't have a way to track what was happening to all the quotes that we where providing to our costumers.

Nutshell review by Linda W.
Linda W.

"Excellent CRM"

What do you like best?

Great tool for keeping up with customers and the emails we have sent to them. I like the way we can turn a Lead into a sale and track the progress of the transaction along the way with Stages. We love the ability to send out email blasts to selected customers. You can create templates for these emails and including graphics is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would not allow duplicate entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely the best product in it's price range

We keep us with our various marketing campaigns. We keep up with the number of emails and phone calls that our telemarketing team makes on a daily basis. Great reporting.

Nutshell review by Levi E.
Levi E.

"I like nutshell but think it could have better features"

What do you like best?

It's easy to work with and work in. It seemlisyl intergrates with my systemwide gmail accounts and allows people to quickly enter new infromation.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of elements that should seemingly be included but are not. When entering a note or comment on a particular contact AND I call out a team member, it doesn't create a dialogue- I need to still call them out each and every time I respond or leave a comment. that shouldn't be.

Similar to the above, there are numerous similar dislikes.

It's made it easier to communicate internally and see what progress is being made with clients and potential clients.

Nutshell review by Administrator

"Nutshell Perfect Small to Medium Companies"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is intuitive and easy to navigate. Easy setup and easy to maintain. Low cost and easy to support within a growing company or business.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integrations. The list is growing and they are improving connections to other applications every year. Can't load photos of customers building or logos in the customer profile or business profile. Can't move or copy email templates from individual users, you have to rebuild for each user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a capable solution for your business look no further. This is a great application that meets 95% of our business needs. No solution is ever going to work 100% for every company. This was a great solution to roll out, maintain and support. The costs are very reasonable and competitive. We highly recommend this solution.

Increase our sales pipeline and ensuring higher conversions from leads to sales.

Nutshell review by Jane M.
Jane M.

"Great system at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is like Dunkin Donuts. It is a GREAT product, very convenient and easy for anyone to use and love. Salesforce is a bit like Starbucks - expensive, complicated and everything seems to be an extra fee. If you want to spend more time selling than you are figuring out your software, use Nutshell

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Their live phone support is great. I have called many times and every time the people are super smart, friendly and respectful even when the issues are all user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really need. Nutshell is a great tool that does not tie you down or cost you a fortune. There is not integration, it is all web-based so I can work from anywhere. Nutshell makes the business easier. I don't have to change my system to fit into their software.

We use this for our sales CRM

Nutshell review by Laura T.
Laura T.

"Have used Nutshell for 3 years now.. we utilize it as our main CRM platform for over 280 clients"

What do you like best?

Everything is one place - can upload attachments, write notes on account, add tags, and lots of customization. I also like that everything syncs from our gmail accounts so nothing is lost in personal email threads/conversations.

What do you dislike?

Not everything will show in a birds eye view, only the first 3 documents attached.. first 3 tags listed etc.

Not good for contract management or tracking of updated annual pricing. All manual, so if you have a lot of employees using the software, you must ensure proper training is conducted so there is constancy in the platform.

Nutshell is our main CRM where we store all client data and information - all employees have access to the platform and can update accordingly in real time. All conversations and communication between clients and employees are documented in Nutshell on client account and synced from all employee email accounts.

Nutshell review by Alexandre L.
Alexandre L.

"It has been smooth from the very beginning and we got great assistance from the Nusthell team."

What do you like best?

The fact that they are open to upgrade some items through time and they look into making it as user friendly as possible. They also keep us up to date with what's coming and we have to opportunity to communicate with them if needed.

What do you dislike?

One of the thing that would find useful to change is how to have some users be able to acces the Pro package while others can stay at the basic. We don't necessarily all have the same needs of performance with Nusthell within our company so it could be interesting to separate those rates

Transparency. For us Nusthell is a great tool to have our team up to date with everyone's effort and they are able to see the progress of some projects. It allows us to save meeting time since each employee can have access to the timeline.

"easy to learn CRM "

What do you like best?

For a CRM It is simple to learn and implement. The interface is clear and and there is a good depth of tools to allow you to customize the procedures for your team. All in alll it is a very powerful tool and great way to track leads and the sales team.

What do you dislike?

The search bar is the worst, it doesn't pull up results in any predicable way and is not forgiving of spelling errors. The lack of attachments on emails can be frustrating when searching the projects history . The bizarre use of approximate dates " a few days ago, a couple of weeks ago..." is not helpful in any way. Why would they do that ?1 seriously who asked for less precision? The light grey font is very hard to read on many screens.

managing a national rep network

Learn more about Nutshell

Nutshell Videos

Learning about Nutshell?

* We monitor all Nutshell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.