Nutshell

Nutshell is CRM software that helps small-business sales reps win more deals.

Work for Nutshell?

Learning about Nutshell?

Nutshell Reviews

Ask Nutshell a Question
Showing 404 Nutshell reviews
Betania M.

"Nutshell proved to be an excellent CRM for workflow management "

What do you like best?

We like the automation capability of work boards offered by Nutshell. This software allows us to save, modify and review the profiles of our contacts, as well as the possibility of communicating with them whenever we want. Nutshell has a good drag and drop interface, and allows you to forecast and coaching each sale. It is also good enough to do trending analysis, and in this way inform us about the activity in the current market. Its integration with mailchimp is very stable.

What do you dislike?

With nutshell you can not properly provide email support to customers through platforms such as Outlook. It does not offer a videoconferencing system for the improvement of the group organization, and it is difficult to follow up the conversations with the clientele (again through electronic messaging services).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One reason why it is easy to recommend Nutshell is because it is integrated into many platforms of different categories. Among these are bitium, checkfront, livechat, nimble, Freshdesk and kiwie. It is recommended to opt directly for the acquisition of the pro + plan, which can range between 69 and 79 dollars per user depending on whether the investment is made annually or monthly.

We have noticed great improvements in relation to our call recordings. With Nutshell you can review the sales funnel charts and the term maps through the same board, and the click-to-call dialing takes much less time. It also helps to automate sales processes, and productivity tracking of the team. Its function of auto-reminders of automated tasks has been useful to deliver each task within the estimated term.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Nutshell
Megan P.

"Tons of features and optiosn"

What do you like best?

Nutshell gives so many ways to categorize anything (companies, people, lists, options) that you can really create a site that is customized to you and what you need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing missing in Nutshell, to me, is tabs along the top. i'd like to be able to have several tabs open, so that i could go back to something, say a report I ran, while also keeping other items open that i'm working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out how they have a colorful map of the location of your clients, based on the address you enter. It makes the customer page beautiful, interesting and helpful to view. No one else has anything like that. Also note that they pull in a person's social media profile picture, if that person has one attached to the email that you use for them. It's really cool and a feature pretty unique to Nutshell, I think.

We're able to keep track of leads in extreme detail by using tags, custom fields, reports, views, the dashboard, etc. Pretty much anything we need to know about our clients and sales, we can find it, because we've set everything up using so many customizations.

What CRM solution do you use?

Angel R.

"To manage your sales and your business. "

What do you like best?

Nutshell is very attractive, I really like the automated process of its most outstanding features, which have benefited me. I like to be able to convert my potential clients and real clients, and their basic and advanced functions are compatible, you just need to start using them and complement them with your system.

What do you dislike?

With this tool I keep track of my daily calls and my contacts, I would like the search engine to be easier but nothing that can not be solved, when you start using it, you get familiar with the systems and their great variety of features, thereby making Nutshell is the best I've tried in CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A CRM very useful for small and medium companies, is light and easy to use, its set of basic features is very useful, it will allow you to automate and manage your sales process faster than with other tools, its technical support is very responsive, Nutshell It has several integrations that will make your work more feasible. We definitely recommend it.

Nutshell has been very helpful for our sales process, its approach is quite logical, it has been of great benefit, we can also highlight that its customer service team is great since they are very attentive to our doubts, Nutshell has been the better CRM in our organization and my workers are happy and satisfied customers.

Robert W.

"Flexible startup CRM With Annoyances"

What do you like best?

This CRM is very affordable for small businesses looking to scale sales ops. It offers a lot of flexibility within their framework. Their customer service is responsive and they constantly roll out new features.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the useful logic/automation is locked in at the higher price point (pro). Tiered usage per user doesn't seem to be offered for teams that don't want to pay for features some users won't use. Pending sales wipes out custom processes - they define pending as a pre-lead, so lead feature get wiped out. Full disclosure: I haven't revisited this in a while but I remember setting custom reports at an agency level was a pain (had to share via a link). Not easy to link Google docs within the lead. The mobile app is useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are accustomed to a more established CRM this may disappoint.

We use this primarily for sales operations. We've set custom processes for different types of leads. Affordability is the best benefit. Once you get it's features down you can make it compliment your own processes.

Phil C.

"Great, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-up"

What do you like best?

As a web-based CRM, Nutshell perfectly balances having enough functionality without becoming a chore to setup and maintain. Having transitioned from a legacy CRM (Goldmine), Nutshell checked all the boxes as it pertains to a modern CRM, including multiple user access, mobile app (iOS and Android) and cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.

What do you dislike?

The integration with my Google Calendar is great, but every now and then, I'll end up with duplicate entries. This is not a major issue, but it does get annoying. There's also a minor formatting issue I have with the way Nutshell creates events locally (and in Google Calendar), where it automatically appends Company and People names to the Title of the event and also includes all People in the Agenda field. This might be fine for some users, but I'd prefer if there were a way to alter this behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a ton of CRMs available, but Nutshell cuts through the crap and provides exactly the features most users need without bogging you down with extra stuff that looks/sounds great but turns out to be more trouble than it's worth!

Having a mobile CRM tool that can provide, contact info, task and activity management, and pipeline management from wherever I may be sitting.

Jake H.

"Great CRM system fit for growing business"

What do you like best?

As a small and growing business I like that the cost is something we CAN afford. We use the system for all sorts of different applications and is used as the hub of our business.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the relationships between the leads and the companies work. For my company it would make much more sense to have a "Lead" in the system until that lead is closed and then converted to a "company". Part of the reason I say that is there is WAY too much clutter in the system having two (or more) of each customer (or potential customer) in the system. The functionality of the lead should be transposed to the company.

I would like it if when we get a lead in the system that stays as a lead until the customer is closed, then the lead is converted (and is removed from the leads page) to a customer or company...

I would change the way the activities are used by having a system option where each activity can be pushed forward by the present time until they are logged. This will help to be sure activities arent forgotton, or missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need a CRM, just try it, youll like it...

For my business we are selling food products into our customers. I would like to have checklist capabilities that we can make for each customer so each product is listed (unchecked) in each customer, and when we go and pitch a product to a store we can then check off that we tried to sell them on it, or maybe a change of status so we know if the product was successfully/unsuccessfully/"in waiting" status for sales...

Erin A.

"Great CRM for a Start Up"

What do you like best?

Customization and Pipeline Process management are my two favorite capabilities within Nutshell. We rely on our default pipeline weekly and the ability to add custom, trackable fields to our lead view has been a game changer.

What do you dislike?

The limitations to what you can import have caused us many problems. While you can bulk edit Nutshell default columns, you can't bulk edit custom created fields, nor can you export, update, and reimport them to reflect changes. Manual edits become week long tasks and take hours of man power to complete when we update/add/remove various fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nutshell is great for a start-up and super easy to implement. It's also incredibly customizable, which helps when you're trying to track multiple variables for leads, contacts, companies, etc.

We have Salespeople in multiple offices and Nutshell as allowed us to keep track of various sales territories while staying organized across multiple accounts.

I've worked extensively with the Nutshell API to create a dashboard in Google Sheets to track various metrics and that has been extremely useful.

Sean H.

"Nutshell Review for B2B Business"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Nutshell is the ability to look at your pipeline on it's dashboard. It's nice to have all of the information that I need on one page, as well as correspondence between sale reps and clients when attached to our exchange server, allowing even more insight into the progression of leads, and where they are in the pipeline

What do you dislike?

I have noticed when exporting some reports that even though I have selected which specific data I would like exported, there are extra fields that I did not need to have in the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nutshell is an affordable and thorough lead management system, and it perfectly suits our needs.

One of the greatest advantages for me as the admin, is that it seamlessly syncs up with our mailing platform, allowing me to track marketing emails, and revenue generated from those emails. being able to put realistic revenue numbers with our marketing efforts are a big plus.

Anisa C.

"Exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that the program hava a trial version, and in two weeks you will really understand whether it suits you or not, the program completely suited our requirements. The first thing that pleased us with this program was that we could easily drop our contacts, calendars, and emails, wherever they were from us. It was simple enough to drive all contacts, business cards. Our team often has to track the trend of our team or analyze the transactions that we lost, thanks to Nutshell it becomes, perhaps.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a problem with e-mails, but it's all fixable and not so serious.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to simplify your work, improve and track your performance before this program is for you. She will not disappoint you.

Nutshell helps keep me informed of everything that will happen during the day. As I already wrote, it helps to easily make reports on work. It's enough to communicate quickly and easily with the team using mobile notification.

Sharon A.

"Nice basic CRM for small group"

What do you like best?

We are using Nutshell for a three-person sales team and it works pretty well. It's nice that you can block off accounts by sales person and control what others can see.

What do you dislike?

The export process doesn't have as much flexibility for filtering as other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our sales team members are not all tech-savvy, and Nutshell was easy for everyone to learn and use. I've worked with several other CRM programs, and I feel this one is a good basic version that allows for some customization based on the company's needs. We have not done any reporting, so if that's important to you be sure to do some research.

Our sales team is mobile so the manager can see what's happening from the office without constantly calling for updates on specific customers.

Abram C.

"Easy to use CRM for Small businesses"

What do you like best?

I used and analyzed in many CRMs as a consultant. I believe Nutshell to be the easiest to navigate, both in desktop and mobile versions, with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales of cadence in a team based on the sales process. This intelligence and setting function also helps me really understand who my customers are, where we are in a relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative emotions! With each new release there is a lot of good that somehow made it even better. I can not wait to see where this program might be in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Train your companies through their installations, super to remember that daily users have to do and see = do it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

We needed an integrated CRM system that could help our small software companies grow and prosper. As part of what we need to automate much of the inbound sales, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. The nutshell was an excellent tool for us.

Shawnna C.

"All tools which we need to run our business."

What do you like best?

As for me, I like in Nutshell that I can easily find any contact, clients or conversation which I urgently need.

I have a wonderful system for automating sales operation. With this platform, I can track or view my leads. Hand in hand I can work with all my team on one page. Also, it is great to see a report of all our productiveness.

What do you dislike?

I guess the all working process with our report should be much easy and simple to understand. Actually, it is will helps to new users. Generally, the software is the good working system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely, I recommend that software. The software is useful for most people. Will helps you to create wonderful sales process. I guess we found an easy way to use CRM that does anything that we need it. I hope you will like it and it is will be a good key to your working routine.

Now we can combine and centralizes the working tools which we are used to running our company. Great working ways with calendars or Microsoft Office email with all of this we don't need to have an IT department.

Rachael M.

"Easy Organization"

What do you like best?

Being able to link everyone's email has been amazing. Its great to always be looped in with whats going on. Especially if you have a customer that has been conversing with a team member that is on vacation or out of the office. You can easily search the email function and find the information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes using the map where we have all our customers can be glitchy- I dont know if you can add the zip code to search but I havent seen that as a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to keep organized.

Miscommunication for starters. We can look up specific emails from other staff members on quotes they sent out. The lead section is also helpful to keep track of follow ups.

Lin N.

"Better to be with the report about everything."

What do you like best?

I can see the most important and up-to-date info for every individual and company our sales team cooperate with. Much easy I can sync my phone contacts, collect leads from our site, or scan business cards in the one minute.Nutshell provides easy access to customer data through the search function. We have the ability to register actions and make notes about interactions with the client. This makes my work much easier and more efficient!

What do you dislike?

I never have a problem with Nutshell. All process is really very easy and understandable. I can work calm and don't think that some problems can come during the working duties.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this software, you will forget about stressing about forgotten duty and blown deadlines. Also, you will have the ability to work with board view is the interactive method to control your pipeline. Drag and drop conduct to the next sales step and mark trade as won or canceled. much easy to control the overall health of your pipeline and faster see what needs to be done next. Definitely, I recommend.

We are always sure that every deal is handled by the rep who’s most probably to close it, based on criteria such as product type, or lead source. Faster see what needs to happen next on either deal and speed up the onboarding of new sales managers.

Scottie G.

"Keep all your process in the comfortable place."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have the ability to work with more clear and organized program where I will sort all my conversation, contacts and my customer's list. All my sales function is automatic which allows me to know everything.

What do you dislike?

I found one place which brings little bit delay in our team. It is the hard way to understand all working process. Need real time to know how to deal with tools more faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software making our day right. Make your sales trade better and fast. Perfect monitoring at your leads. The perfect gift from CRM that can build process effective in our business.

We like to work with more effective way. We have an opportunity to centralizes the important tools which will helps us to control our working process and be sure that it is the better step to increase productivity. We always work with Microsoft Office email and we can say that it works well inside our team and doesn't make us any harm.

Suzanne L.

"Nutshell is Great for First Time CRM Users"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and follow. It's user interface is clean and well organized.

What do you dislike?

I've had some trouble before creating templates for mass email messages I've wanted to send out to all our customers. I wish it was a little easier to filter and could send more than 100 messages at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great CRM to keep your sales communications with customers organized. I love the feature of taking a picture of a business card and it automatically inputs into the system.

Organizing our customers by the products they use. It's great for 10+ person sales force to input contacts so we can all share and see the activity of each customer.

Jacob G.

"A good value CRM that includes many features"

What do you like best?

I like the breadth of tools and data that Nutshell can provide for us. The user interface can display lots of data windows, but it does so in a smooth and pleasant way. I can rearrange panels and go back and forth between different metrics fairly quickly. The cost is on the low side for what we get. We can add all the dimensions of pipeline and other sales data to keep everyone completely up to speed on the status of all accounts and leads at any given moment. Nutshell is also flexible when it comes to integrations and mobile accessibility.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of customization options, but I think I prefer to work with a system that is mostly set in its ways. For example, I like that Facebook has a solid structure that allows for some customizing, but it generally looks and works the same for everyone. Maybe I'm just a simple person, but I like systems in general to be more rigid to avoid mistakes and inconsistencies between accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of course, I would totally recommend Nutshell as a sales platform that will allow your team to collaborate efficiently and stay on top of activities and goals. When sales teams need to be able to react and adapt quickly to leads, it's important they can retrieve relevant data as soon as possible, and Nutshell can be a great platform to do that.

Nutshell is a strong piece of our daily sales activities. It's an extremely insightful tool that allow us to view and publish fresh data on sales campaigns and new business activities. Staying informed is key to developing new customers, and Nutshell definitely helps to provide more information than I can possibly think of. Most team members connected to Nutshell are able to act more quickly, efficiently and confidently by being able to access information straight from each source in a centralized way. The email capabilities are also very useful for staying in regular touch with leads to avoid interest fizzling out.

Kayla T.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

We like that it is very easy to use. It is simple to close deals and is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

We do not like that the user interface is pretty archaic looking. Other than that, we are pretty happy with the software. We are brand-new to using it, so it may take us some time to learn. Some education on the product features would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price is right, and the user interface is easy to use. It is simple for our sales people, who are a bit aged, to use -- and that was very important to us. We would recommend having someone take some time getting used to the software to be able to walk sales people through the process. We really liked how easy it was to make and then delete test accounts. This was very important to our evaluation process.

We are really hoping that we can have some more organization when we are working with clients. We tend to be pretty disorganized. This is helping us to make sure that our sales people are being effective and are doing what they said they are doing while they are in the field. We use the reporting metrics to help us understand what our sales people are doing. Although we are new to Nutshell, we are hoping that these features will help us help our sales people close more deals and forget about less leads.

John M.

"Great budget friendly option"

What do you like best?

It is efficiently designed for users to access key information quickly. In comparison to the mainstream CRM options it is dramatically cheaper. It is easy to train as the design is very intuitive. It is also very easy to setup new users or deactivate users when appropriate. The mobile app is also quite good and works on most phones well.

What do you dislike?

More integrations would be appreciated to help simplify processes. A better integration with pandadocs would also be good. Or create a quote creation tool that is part of the system would be even better. It would also be good to see integrations with more chat clients and it would be useful if it worked with more third party email marketing platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Nutshell is certainly worth considering for many businesses starting out as it is good value. The only thing that might make you want to consider a bigger CRM in the future might be needs for more integrations, custom workflows, etc.

This helps a lot with consistent sales processes amongst a team. Management of pipelines on individual and team basis. Crucial tool for the sales team. Nutshell offers a great balance of value and features which for our business is great.

Brian M.

"Nutshell moves our business forward!"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is easy to use. To get up and running with the basic features take very little time. My team was able to start implementing the Tasks and activities right away. The search tool is very powerful for finding people and companies. Typically when we are on the phone with a customer we try to pull up there nutshell card.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit confusing when you are entering details for companies and individuals. Sometimes you are not sure where the information should go. Also, I wish there were an easy way to use multiple email addresses for one user. We have several catch-all email addresses however there is not an easy way to incorporate them so that the emails can be cataloged. The 'duplicate' feature seems a little half baked. We can so many false positives and very few actual duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the feature set fits what you need. We are not using the leads and it feels like we are paying for something that we don't need in the first place.

Nutshell has helped us stay on top of people that we need to follow up with and tasks that need to be completed. This can easily be overlooked and sales can be lost. By adding customers' information right away and scheduling follow-ups and tasks, we have been able to keep up with customers and convert more of them to sales.

Chad W.

"Good CRM system"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is point-and-click. It doesn't take much training to get a new person up and running on the system. The ability to schedule pickups and assign to a specific person is quite helpful, especially since the alert is sent to their email address. It's also a good system for creating leads for whatever business you're trying to run.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we don't really like (and this is a bit of a nitpicky issue) is when you're creating a contact, you need to pay attention and click on the "create" link. Otherwise, you've just lost whatever you've entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth checking out. They're inexpensive, especially for a small business like ours.

We are a wholesale food distributor. So, having the ability for our drivers to get real-time updates has been crucial. We also found a way to create product sampling, and whether a customer is interested in the product. This is beneficial as it's an easy way to track interest.

"Work made easy."

What do you like best?

We are a solar company and have used Nutshell to enter all our leads and keep both the sales reps and customer updated throughout their process. Nutshell has been amazing in allowing us to be on top of our process and know exactly at what stage each of our customers are at. We have worked with nutshell for over two years now and it has done us well and would recommend this to any company looking for one solid tool to help keep things organized and on track.

What do you dislike?

In all honesty there is nothing I hate about nutshell or have every disliked. Its easy to use as mentioned even syncing its with your calendar is a piece of cake. This tool was so easy for me to learn how to use and daily discover cool details about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is the wya to go if you are looking for something simple to use and easy to work with. You don'y have to worry about having information all over the place and can keep track of leads and project statuses.

We have many leads we open and Nutshell has helped us go back to old leads and clean up make sure we didn't miss any customer who have ever requested a follow up down the road.

Stefanie P.

"It's good for small sales org"

What do you like best?

The thing about Nutshell is that it's fairly easy to use, doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles that get in the way, and is pretty intuitive. We moved from Salesforce, where we were only really using a tenth of its capabilities, to Nutshell, which is much more streamline and easy to understand. I also love the mobile app, it's great when on-the-go or working remotely.

What do you dislike?

Nutshell is missing a lot of reporting capabilities. The one thing that I miss is the ease of creating activity reports which Nutshell doesn't have built out. I'd also like it to be easier to share and download report with a better format. Another thing is that when you add custom field, they show up on the right side bar so if you have a lot of fields, it's annoying to scroll through them. A suggestion I would have is to include it as a tab that takes up the entire screen on desktop, similar to the way it's presented on the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a small sales org, don't need a lot of additional tools, or just need a good CRM to get your sales pipeline off the ground, this is a solid win.

We recently moved to a different sales model and Nutshell has been a huge help in lead nurturing, follow-up, and reporting. I love the ease of assigning different products to a lead without too much fuss. It's also very easy to connect leads to an existing client account without causing duplication, an issue we commonly encountered with Salesforce.

Chris V.

"Great platform and would def recommend"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is great as it provides a complete package for managing leads and contacts and can be fully customized to each team member's work flow. It had insightful reports as well as activity tracking.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be a little faster and offer more segmentation and sort functions- also it would be better if it connected with linked in and ms office a little easier. It seems like you can get it to do cool things, but it takes effort to get it set up.

I used to use the activity reminders but they ended up getting overly complicated so I stopped and still us spread sheets for my high runner customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say it is certainly a good tool- it gives us what we need and it has some great features like activity tracking for sales managers and team members to keep focused on the right areas. It is competitively prices and I did think it was better than anything else on the market when we were shopping around a couple of years ago.

Initially it was extremely vital to the way we operated. I think if we had our whole team using it early on it would have been better, but on sales were utilizing it.

It would have been impossible to not have a CRM in place when we were starting up in 2016

Chris T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The absolute best feature of Nutshell is its simplicity. Without much work, I’ve found Nutshell easy to navigate and customizable to meet the needs of the program I support. I also really appreciate the Google Apps integration which has made it easy to record emails and manage to-do lists.

What do you dislike?

I’m most comfortable using the web interface. While the mobile app has the handy ability to scan business cards, I don’t find it as easy to use. In addition, I wish the app translated to the iPad which is my preferred device on the road. I also wish the calendar integration feature was a little more customizable. We sometimes run into the issue of internal stakeholders who are not Nutshell users being auto-created in the tool when we import calendar events and emails.

We use Nutshell to track interactions with potential program sponsors. It’s been exceedingly helpful to build a record of past interactions and also to move leads through the pipeline feature.

Learn more about Nutshell

Nutshell Videos

Learning about Nutshell?

* We monitor all Nutshell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.