Olark Reviews & Product Details

What is Olark?

Olark live chat is the easiest way to boost your sales, help solve issues and understand your customers. Give your customers the answers they need immediately and gain powerful insights about what they want for relationships that last.

Olark Screenshots

Related Links
Q&A
Olark
Description
Chat with your Customers. Understand who’s on your site, make your customers love you, and earn more money.
2008

1-25 of 206 total Olark reviews

Olark Reviews

1-25 of 206 total Olark reviews
Auditor

"Great tool for engaging wirh live users on the website"

What do you like best?

We really like Olark because it has all the needed functionalities to chat with customers and to engage with them thereby increasing sales. The real time notification system and user behavior analytics are really awesome to use. Also there is a report that can be downloaded weekly showing the user data and their analytics in all formats like excel and PDF. We also like the new feature of adding more agents so that the work can be shared to different agents.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing plans are too high and cannot be afforded for small companies. Please reduce the plans so that everyone can benefit. Also please consider making a startup plans so that more companies will began to use this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please consider making a pricing plan for small companies so that you can get more customers.

We have integrated Olark into our eCommerce site and we are really happy with the increase in customer engagement using Olark.

Artist
Fine Art

"The easiest way to keep up with customers in real-time."

What do you like best?

The instant notifications and simple design help me stay in touch with clients; answering questions, communications and sales are made easier with a platform I can rely on. I can assist clients in real-time while they are browsing my site and keep track of the specific items they are requesting.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to improve on but I do have a few suggestions: It would be great to have this platform linked with my commerce platform so that payments can be handled within the chat. I also think that the popup chat bar could be more discreet but that is only a minor issue. Overall I am quite pleased with this product. It hasn't failed me yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for easy to use software that will help you stay in touch with clients and never miss a business opportunity then this is the product for you.

As an independent artist, I am responsible for every part of my sales, presentation, customer service, and outreach. I can easily communicate with my clients and receive direct messages about interest in a piece or commission requests. The ability to send automated messages to peak my customer's interest and inform them of updates to my website is also a huge benefit.

Marketing Manager

"Full customer support team for a fraction of the price"

What do you like best?

With Olark you get a full customer support team for a fraction of the price. I love being able to create automated messages that pop up depending on the different web pages the visitor lands on. I choose what messages the visitor is greeted with and can A/B test each.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Olark had lead automated chat messages. The ability to click yes or no and direct the user through a sales process would be really cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Slack integration so you are able to get push notifications every time a site visitor chats with you.

We are able to quickly communicate with new and unique website visitors immediately with the slack integration. Each visitor is greeted with a pre-determined friendly message.

Director of Continuing Education

"Providing outstanding customer service utilizing Olark."

What do you like best?

My ability and my customer's ability to chat with a live person on the spot with an extremely short response time as well as their ability to recognize exactly who I am when I chat.

What do you dislike?

Olark's internal caching feature shuts my chat off sometimes and it is a difficult process to get it up again. It does seem to have gotten much better in the last few weeks, however. There is not a screen share feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pretty stable platform. Good reliability. Very easy to use. Would like to see a screen share feature added.

Immediate support for our customers. Customers are happy because they get an answer or feedback or a referral to a trainer or specialist right away. No wait time.

Otile Brown

"Olark review"

What do you like best?

With Olark, now we can have real-time chats with our website visitors who some turn to be customers. I am glad of what Olark can do when implemented and we have also noticed an increase in sales since our customer team is actively talking to customers on our website. The other good thing for using Olark is that it is easy to integrate to Wordpress and other softwares we are using.

What do you dislike?

The monthly subscription fee can make someone stop using Olark especially for small startups like ours. I wish they can have have a free package so that people who cannot afford the monthly subscription fee can still benefit from one of the best chat apps for a website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have to say that Olark is generally a very good live chat solution for websites. It increases the level of engagement between a company and its customers.

We wanted a way to engage more with our customers and website visitors, thanks to Olark now we have solved that challenge.

Vacation Planner
Hospitality

"Perfect chat experience!"

What do you like best?

It is a great program, with lots to offer, and from what I have seen, the company is amazing to it's employees, which can effect the clients, since you can often tell based on customer service experiences. It allows us to keep track of all of our chats, as well as allows the guests to grade their experience. Plus it has generated a ton of new leads for us!

What do you dislike?

The only feature I wish existed was a way to put a chat on hold, or allow them to put their info in and let them know that someone will be with them momentarily, instead of getting multiple chats at once. We often have to all be offline to finish what we are doing, which doesn't allow the clients to use the chat feature. It would be useful for those companies, like us, the only usually have 2-4 people online at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you will have enough staff to man it, in case you are getting a large influx of chats. It can be hard to handle 3 or more at one time.

It helps us catch those guests who don't want to call in and talk to someone real. We are able to give our information at the click of a button, and then eventually get more leads out of it. We require at least their email address, so they also get put into our mailing system, which also helps to generate leads.

Customer Services Agent

""Olark Review""

What do you like best?

Olark has all the expected functionalities to visit with customers and to attract with them thusly growing arrangements. The constant warning framework and client conduct investigation are extremely wonderful to utilize. This administration has totally changed how we cooperate with forthcoming customers. It's integration, client support and documentation capacities are fabulous.

What do you dislike?

Hmm, i can't honestly think of anything that i dislike about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For detailing and sharing accurate metrics to your customers, I would recommend Olark. It streamlined our correspondence procedure and improved our association with customers/leads.

With Olark ,we're ready to gauge the presentation all things considered, set a point of confinement on the measure of talks an operator can react to at one time, get to imperative logical which turns out to be essential to helping our association better organize chats,score our leads and alter our business technique by utilizing on the bits of knowledge in guest information gathered by Olark. It is extraordinary for giving the client a moment update.

Customer Services Agent

""Olark Review.""

What do you like best?

Olark has all the required functionalities to visit with clients and to draw in with them along these lines expanding deals. The constant notice framework and client conduct investigation are extremely great to utilize. We can help customers continuously while they are perusing our site and monitor the particular things they are mentioning. Olark has produced a huge amount of new leads for us!

What do you dislike?

I can't consider something I disdain. The device is exceptionally helpful. On the off chance that I could improve it I should seriously think about integrating it into different administrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From my experience, Olark is a first rate item. I highly recommend their chat highlight.

We use Olark for they quick help and correspondence with our clients. The capacity to send robotized messages to crest my client's advantage and educate them regarding updates to my site is likewise a colossal advantage. We have incorporated Olark into our eCommerce site and we are extremely content with the expansion in client commitment utilizing Olark. It likewise gives us a chance to see traffic and when and where clients are shopping on the site. It gives us a lot of knowledge.

"Excellent Tool. Will Generate Revenue if Using in Sales Environment."

What do you like best?

It's a simple tool and it lets us interact with customers at a very important step in the buying process. The filtering and customization lets us adapt it to our site nicely. Reporting lets us measure employee performance.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of something I dislike. The tool is very useful. If I could make it better I might consider integrating it into other services like gmail or hubspot to manage everything in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial if they offer it and test it out for a few days during business hours. Then test it out outside of business hours to see if you are missing opportunities in your normal way of doing business. Configure the chat box extensively and test out different messages/attention grabbers.

Customer communication is key for us. The conversion increases if we have an opportunity to speak with them. Customers are liking not having to talk with someone on the phone. It also lets us see traffic and when and where customers are shopping on the site. It gives us a great amount of insight.

UP

"Olark is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

Love how simple it is to adjust settings for the chat, seems to be very easy for the users to use as well which is very important (we've used other chat platforms before where costumers felt lost and ended up just calling).

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more design options, the look is great but it would be cool to be able to implement more design elements and import our own assets to fully customize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Never be afraid to reach out to their customer support, I've had countless of questions that have been resolved almost instantly through their chat, they always go out of their way to make sure you have resolved any issues you were having with their product.

Costumer retention, it has helped greatly to be able to attend to our costumer's needs in real time while they're navigating through our website rather than them having to figure things out on their own and hesitate to give us a call or send an email due to urgency.

Chief Operating Officer

"Simple install"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this was to install on my site. The analytics are great - especially the integration with Google Analytics. I like several of the extensions and the possibility of integrating chat with other applications. I like that they have free trial. The chat interface and its behavior are customizable to match our site's look and feel and business workflow. You can define the number of users and get billed based on the actual number of users. You can go up and down on the number of of users depending on your needs. Olark's customer service is helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

This product affects page load speed (which slows down my site, although it's true of many website add ons). I wish the pricing was more affordable with larger number of users. I'd like to see more integrations with CRM's - especially with Zoho CRM. Pulling up transcripts is a little slow, but fortunately we don't need to do this very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for integrations with your CRM.

Helps conversion of website visitors to better sales leads. We are able to track conversions on Google Analytics which is quite helpful for optimizing our pages and even digital advertising. It's also works well when an agent isn't available to respond by taking a message via the chat window. It will send an email to us when someone wants to chat (and there is nobody available to take the call).

Claims Team Lead, Retention Team, and Customer Advocate
Insurance

"YoY Chat Bot Great for Tracking Trends"

What do you like best?

Olark makes the conversation with the customer effortless and easy. With a polite bubble ping, the employee is not only notified of incoming messages but also able to reach out to existing users that have yet to reach out. You can push the customer to certain pages as well as allow them to share their screen with you. Simple commands using a "!" at the beginning allow for automated responses created by the admin.

Transcripts easily upload into customer management platforms such as SalesForce to allow for documentation practices to be upheld. Each chat offers an opportunity to review at the end. This can be monitored by the admin on the home page when the admin logs in. Low chat scores are easily identifiable.

Should off-hours be present or they just barely miss an available agent, the chat is swiftly converted into an e-mail that requires follow-up by an agent.

What do you dislike?

My preference would be for Olark to have its own built-in spell checking method. For example, if the agent had 1-2 typos, it would refrain from allowing them to click on send without fixing them. I would prefer that it would be advanced to check for incorrect use of words or grammatical errors. Although the normal computer program tracks this, I'd recommend installing an add-on to the web browser to ensure additional accuracy when managing a larger team.

The notification integration is also poor as it can only be used in specific browsers. Desktop notifications need work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your team has awareness of the notifications - I have found it is often hard to hear/follow when using a phone system on the same pair of headphones.

Olark made us available to our customers in as many forms as possible. For those that prefer online communication, it allows a safe and easy point of contact with freedom to speak without constraints that many chats give. You're speaking with a LIVE person - not a bot!

owner

"Added huge value to our pay for click campaigns"

What do you like best?

It's really simple to install on your website, provides some great tools for an auto response without it appearing robotic and provides easy access for your web visitors to reach out and contact you

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about it, constructive criticism it could do with some canned responses which would be useful to use when you can't quite get to respond to a customer efficiently

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set it up to only display when you are actively online, it has a great feature to hide if not available and we find that most efficient way to use it, i.e. its live-support so customers don't expect to send you an email

I think it's greatly improved the conversion ratio of our AdWords campaigns and is certainly allowed people to communicate with us freely and easily without the suspicion of filling in forms

Support

"Best Live Chat Option"

What do you like best?

Olark gives you the ability support your product via live chat. This is huge for our team as we get so many phone calls and emails from users about very small questions or requests that can be answered quickly. Phone calls and email are no where near as quick as live chat! Olark has an amazing interface and user experience.

Olark also gives our team sufficient analytics on our users! Pretty awesome stuff.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to have multiple paragraphs in a response to a client. The number of seats you can buy is a bit frustrating, as it doubles from 4 users to 8 users. We have 6 potential users and would be paying for 2 extra accounts. We choose to just make due with 4 users on live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From my experience, Olark is a top notch product from a top notch team. I highly recommend their chat feature.

My goodness! Live chat has tremendously allowed for our team to cut the volume of phone calls that some in from our customers. It gives our customers a quick and reliable way to reach us.

Response from Karl Pawlewicz of Olark

Hi Taylor - Thanks for the kind words about Olark! With regard to your comment about the number of agents you can purchase - we allow you to add and subtract users "a la carte" now, no more agent groups. So if you only need 6 agents - you only need to pay for 6 agents. You can add or subtract agents at any point in your billing cycle and your payments will adjust automatically. Pretty easy stuff!

Ecommerce Manager

"Great chat support widget"

What do you like best?

Olark is simple to use and fairly unobtrusive visually (and I know you can configure the look to fit your site's motifs). It's a lightweight widget that we use for customer support on our eCommerce website. I like that it's configurable so you can have both live chat and after hours messaging. I also love the way chat logs are archived for easy reference. We have a large customer service team across several offices and it meets our needs admirably.

It has a ton of integrations possible, so if you're way into Slack or Hubspot or Salesforce or whatever, you should be able to plug Olark into any of those things. Frankly, my company isn't even using it for lead gen and we probably should be. We're Hubspot fans over here and we haven't even scratched the surface with Olark and Hubspot integrations.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I've never had any complaints about the service from either users on the site or our customer service team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Obviously chatbots are all the rage now and I don't know how well Olark integrates with those since we aren't using that yet. It does integrate with Hubspot (which should have some bot features soon) and a webhook API so it might work with a chatbot but you'll have to do your research on that. We only use it with live reps and it works great.

We use Olark to provide real-time customer service via chat (and archiving of chat logs for research and training purposes)

Professional Speaking: Invited Lectures

"Easy setup, quick return on investment!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Olark is to implement and how it makes our company much more accessible to potential clients and students. For just a small fee each month, we are able to capture more leads and help students register for our courses before they leave our sales page and get out of the purchasing mindset.

What do you dislike?

Maybe this is just something that I need to look into on Olark's site, but I would like to have training on other features of the software and how to best communicate with customers on the platform.

Answering questions that many potential students would not bother to email us.

Customer Support Specialist

""Incredible visit bolster gadget""

What do you like best?

Clean looking, simple to utilize and see regardless of whether you are simply beginning in Customer Support job where instruments now and again appear to be very confused. It effectively coordinates with your organization's site or different systems. It's UI grabs the eye of your clients to get associate with your help group. The conduct of clients is followed and could be utilized to examination to know their opinions

What do you dislike?

Truly, Olark is a standout amongst the best items that we've at any point utilized!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In case you're searching for simple to utilize programming that will enable you to keep in contact with customers and never botch a business chance then this is the item for you.

General client support from their PC or versatile programs. End clients can discuss straightforwardly with care staff to have a plenty of issues settled; including deals data.

Director of Sales and Operations

"Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

This service has completely changed how we interact with prospective clients. There is a feature that prompts a chat with the prospect after so many minutes and has proved to be a total game changer for us. Also - to start the chat, the prospect is required to enter in a bit of personal information which allows us to capture their info and market to them again.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was more customization available as far as the look goes. You also have to have a certain amount of users to be able to remove the Olark branding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try with the free version if you are unsure. The premium features are more than worth it as well... capturing contact info, receiving an email of the transcript, additional customizations, prompt chats. I believe anything you can do increase your engagement with your prospective clients is win. Olark support is great. The chat is also very easy to use on the consumer end.

We are turning leads into prospective clients by engaging with them as soon as they visit our website. We are also able to capture their contact info and target market them once they leave the site. Our website leads have increased by ~80% just by adding the Olark chat feature. The cost is so low compared to the payout for us.

Response from Karl Pawlewicz of Olark

Hi Danielle - Thanks for the review!

Probably worth noting that now you can remove the Olark branding any time you want (There's a small upcharge to do so, but it's cheaper than reaching the required number of agents).

Just go here and follow the instructions: https://www.olark.com/help/whitelabel

Senior Account Executive

"Olark makes it easy to chat with customers through our company website"

What do you like best?

I like that people can easily ask me sales questions through our main website. This allows better ways to serve customers during the sales process.

What do you dislike?

When I transfer a chat to another saleperson, there is a long process to see the history of the chat. The salesperson taking over the chat has to login again and click into history. It just takes too long when people are expecting quick responses.

We're making it easier for clients and prospects to get in touch with us and reach out without feeling like we're going to spam them if they leave their email on our site.

Manager, Marketing Strategy, Investment, and Data Analyst
Telecommunications

"Simple, easy to use, chat solution for a decent price"

What do you like best?

I like how you can see the pages and activity of the visitor through the chat portal and the ability to tailor messages based on the page or activity. I also like how in the chat, it shows you the UTM params or referral source and also integrates with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Although Olark integrates with Pardot (which is great) it is a bit challenging to set up and doesn't always work. It can be especially challenging to integrate properly if you use chat for sales and support. This may not be a limitation on Olarks side, but if you use Pardot and need to push leads through to Saleforce, it can be a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research. Olark can be great, but make sure it meets all of your needs as there are plenty of options out there to compare.

Great tool for sales to answer questions on pricing or reach out at crucial moments to convert more visitors into leads. It's a great tool for support as they can answer questions and get through more cases.

Gerente

"Olark a great tool for sales!"

What do you like best?

it is a great tool, is easy to setup and use, it has a lot of features, I like the integrations with other softwares like mailchimp,the reports are very helpful because it shows a lot of important data.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it cannot have an integration with a bot, I would like to have a bot integrated so I can have a frecuent questions database that the boot can answer before to call to an agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool for communications with customers and improve online sales, easy to use and easy to setup.

We solve a problem in our web chat, must of the people do not like to register in a form, so we setup olark as our contact chat, and our sales were up inmediately.

Customer Service Agent
Publishing

"Very clean chat platform"

What do you like best?

Yo ucan easily see all of your customers who are currently chatting, even when they are chatting with another agent. You can also see all of your coworkers who are logged in so you can chat with them or easily transfer customers to them. You can look up previous chats to see where you can improve at chatting professionally

What do you dislike?

Our supervisor can set a limit of active chats. I'm my case, my supervisor sets a limit so we don't have more than 2 active chats at a time. I seem to have a glitch with this because sometimes I'll randomly have 4+ chats with customers waiting for a response from me.

We are chatting with customers who can't call on the phone, but need a quicker response than email. Benefits realized: there is more connectivity with agents and customers.

"Great for Customer Interaction!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's in real-time, you can see what the guest is looking at, and the short cuts make chatting very easy.

What do you dislike?

After 5 minutes if you have not responded to a chat it puts you away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend it for guests to be able to ask small questions without having to call. Or for you to be able to get a guest on the phone if they have more complicated questions.

Since I am in sales, it helps us engage guests that would normally be surfing the web. I get commission only on calls over the phone, so I can disrupt their online booking by offering to answer questions over the phone.

Sales Development

"Olark gets the job done but needs some work."

What do you like best?

- Olark is great for chatting prospects via instant messaging.

- It is easy to log a chat into the CRM I use with a simple command.

- Transcripts from previous conversations are accessible within the platform.

What do you dislike?

- If a chat ends before using the command to log it into my CRM, you are unable to push the transcript into your notes easily. In order to log it at that point, you would have to copy and paste it into the CRM which just does not make any sense to me.

- Olark's automatic log out feature is not very convenient. It logs you out after 5 mins of inactivity.

- Olark allows me to communicate with customers easily and quickly.

"Good basic live chat system"

What do you like best?

The design is simple and easy to use, nice integrations with other products and services (like CloudApp and Slack), and easy customization. Great for most businesses and a way to test how effective a live chat feature could benefit your company website. Includes nice reports on how well your conversations with customers went and highlights areas of needed improvement. Olark customer support is great and super responsive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization options and minimal changes can be made by a developers standpoint. "One size fits all" function does not work for every business. We have run into some bug issues with responsiveness and overall function, but hasn't completely disabled use. It would be nice to have a better "team" experience where Olark users can join the same chat and take over the discussion if needed. Transferring the chat doesn't work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great easy to use product for most businesses. However, it lacks some features that other chat services have. For example, implementing bot features is difficult, customization and design options are extremely limited, and JavaScript can sometimes cause hiccups with your website platform or Olark chat itself.

A quicker and easier way for online customers to get questions answered and to voice concerns. Olark chat has easily boosted sales. We have recently launched a new website and had it not been for this live chat feature, we would not have been able to identify sales-impacting bugs in our site.

Olark Pricing