Housecall Pro Reviews & Product Details

What is Housecall Pro?

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based field service management app for service professionals to automate their workflows. This solution includes a native mobile app and complementary Web portal and serves a wide range of industries, such as carpet cleaning, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and more. Housecall Pro helps companies forego paperwork in favor of digital automation. It offers features such as job scheduling, dispatching, payment processing, estimates, automated receipts and invoices, customer notifications, company chat, as well as postcard and email marketing automation. Housecall Pro also offers a suite of financial business tools such as card readers with competitive rates, expense cards, and automated billing to help manage cashflow. Housecall Pro also integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks Online software. Customers can book services via the professional's Yelp page, Facebook page, their website, and the Housecall Booking App. All online bookings sync perfectly with the Housecall App, meaning customer information, jobs, and estimates are updated in real-time across all devices. These online booking channels help all Housecall Pro users secure new business and enforce existing customer repeat business. The mobile app can be accessed on both Android and iOS devices. There is a free version for single owner/operators, which offers many of the core features of the paid version. Premium pricing is based on the number of users, and an enterprise license is also available. This solution is available across the U.S. and Canada.

Housecall Pro Screenshots

1-50 of 83 total Housecall Pro reviews

Housecall Pro Reviews

1-50 of 83 total Housecall Pro reviews
Owner

"Great product for small service businesses"

What do you like best?

There is a ton to like about Housecall Pro. We use almost all the features it has to offer. From on the way text messages to post card marketing. We have it set up to send out appointment confirmation emails and follow up emails. It make it super easy to see all open or unpaid invoices on 1 screen. You can configure custom reports with tags that you assign. There is just a lot to like about it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. They constantly update and upgrade the system. If there is a problem they are always trying to help and make things better. If there is something you dislike or don't understand they will spend the time to help out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to free up some office time this is for you. It keeps you organized and all our clients love when they know when a tech is on the way. It also makes invoicing a lot easier they have many different ways that the customer can pay. You can send email or text invoices that help get you paid faster.

We have been able to keep in touch with our clients much easier. We used google calendar before but this is just so much more. People love it and write reviews about us which are actually reviews about housecall pro and how they love the text and emails they get that keeps them updated. Collecting invoices is much easier with the option to text or pay by email. We get paid a lot faster than calling on the phone!

Telecommunications Specialist

"Great service to get gigs."

What do you like best?

I use this product for my side business and it's amazing. It allows your information to be obtained by interested clients to allow you the most opportunity to get work. There is even a mobile app and I love that.

I am able to create reminders of upcoming jobs on a calender in the mobile app which helps me organized tremendously.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the product that I dislike because everything about it is great to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use this product for my side business and I get so much more clientele then I would get without this product. This product is so convenient in helping you manage your company. Invoices can be created and stored. You can create reminders of upcoming jobs.

Being able to have my services reach more customers and having my contact information provided to interested clients. I am staying organized with the reminders that I am able to create in the app. It also allows me to upload invoices making them easier to keep track of for my and my clients record. This product is so much more than convenient.

Facilities Services

"Take our business to the next level"

What do you like best?

Everyone can communicate with each other, share pictures and documents, write notes, change incorrect information, get maps, use text/phone to reach customers... customers can pay online, contact us, and we can give them alerts to when we are on the way. It is just amazingly complete.

What do you dislike?

The back end does not let us segment our clients into those who do and don't want email or mailing. This would be a very helpful feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to expand and keep in contact with your clients and employees, this takes you to the place you want to be in the cloud. On ipads, phones and desktop, you can coordinate and communicate wherever you are.

Taming the paper tiger! so much less paper and lost notes, lost addresses and mistakes

"HouseCall Pro "

What do you like best?

I feel like when I am speaking with a customer there is a flow to asking the questions. And I like how packages of services and pricing can be listed and added easily.

What do you dislike?

I have found it difficult to edit any information in HouseCall Pro. When a customer calls in to update information it often reverts back to the old address. We don't want to create new customer profiles so this can cause a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Housecall Pro does not block out times very well. If you are needing very distinct times blocked out this may not be the software for you. But if you are a carpet/window cleaner or in the business like that its a pretty good software for the price.

It stores customer information easily. It is also very helpful to see what "stage" a job is in. We have a few clients we schedule for that use HouseCall pro and is fairly easy to find a client and schedule/reschedule/cancel their appointments. Editing is really my only issue with it

"#1 in so many ways"

What do you like best?

The engineers and team at HCP really put a lot into their software. Every week we see new updates and changes with features added. There is no end to what gets added. The features are unbelievable. They have helped grow our business and our customers love use of technology with text message notifications and online bill pay.

What do you dislike?

There are features I would like to see added. Granted I have made a request. HCP is very open to feedback and write down all requests. I have seen a few of my requests become real features. I am sure this will happen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We came to house call from using paper invoices and quickbooks desktop. The implementation from that was very easy. There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to how the features work but is very easy to get started and support is so easy to get ahold of. I have never waited more than 5 minuets to chat with a support rep. On top of that every support rep I have talked to had an expert level understanding of how the system worked and could easily walk me through the challenges.

Invoicing, payments, dispatching, email marketing, accounting data entry, estimating, time card tracking.

Marketing Manager
Consumer Services

"This software will change your service business"

What do you like best?

Hands down, the customer service from the Housecall Pro team. Don't get me wrong, the software is great and has literally changed the way we do business (service plumbing), but the best part is that the Housecall Pro team has our back. When I have a question or see something I want to change, I can chat with someone on the team and get it figured out within minutes.

My second favorite feature is automated communication. From text notifications to email reminders, our customers are never left in the dark. They know who is coming, when they are arriving and when we're finished, and who we are long after we're gone. The follow-up email campaigns have allows us to request reviews and get feedback from customers, and we'll often hear from customers weeks and months after a service call due to these simple set-and-forget campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about Housecall Pro. If I had to come up with something, it would be the lack of customization in a few areas. There are some automatic emails and text messages which I can't rewrite. Even this has been changing, though, as I see more control being added on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy and use this software. Go all in - it's worth the disruption of your current systems to get this level of consistency and convenience.

Before Housecall Pro, we were scheduling with Google Calendar. Customers would call in, we would work out a day and time, and the appointment would be added to the calendar. This resulted in regular miscommunication, some missed calls, and overall untrackable job history. Housecall Pro has completely transformed our scheduling process with online booking, text and email confirmations, On-The-Way customer notifications, and technician reminders within the app. We've also seen increased customer reviews thanks to the automated emails, and overall customer satisfaction seems to be up as communication has improved overall.

Office Manager
Construction

"Housecall is for Pro's"

What do you like best?

Housecall Pro allows you to easily coordinate estimates, projects, and communication throughout your team in a simplified and easy to use way. Housecall also gives you the opportunity to send your clients real time messages when you are on the way for an estimate or job. This feature alone has allowed us to free office personal time.

What do you dislike?

Although Housecall has a modern design, it sometimes glitches in its viewing screens depending on the browser. Customer service is usually pretty good, however at times is unaware of an issue. Another dislike would be the way projhects and events are laid out. If you have more than one project at any given time on a specific day, it tends to become conjoined and "mashed" together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. You will not regret the decision. Made our lives so much easier.

Eliminating multiple programs and consolidating them all into one - Housecall. Freeing pffice personel time so they can focus on more of the important aspects of the company.

"A wonderful paperless system"

What do you like best?

Works well and is truly built for today's service provider. It is truly a paperless system and up to speed with today's technology. I enjoy using the software and it's very easy to grasp and is kept in is framed in a rudimentary form. The software has a great mobile application along with its ease of use makes it a winner.

What do you dislike?

Simple procedures like questions take several minutes when a one minute conversation would do just fine. However, I don't have many. Simplicity in customer fields like not having extensions and spouse name along with a confusing issue of billing a customer for work done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The online help is excellent, but the online support chat window is phenomenal. The folks in support not only know their stuff, they respond quickly, help with the questions I have and have a good laugh along the way.

We are able to eliminate the paper invoices and show when the tech arrived and finished if needed. This helps in a lot of areas. It also has helped us to see which invoices have not been received or paid as the case may be. Having a signature that we can email with the invoice is so helpful.

President / CEO/ RMO
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great app with a few missing features"

What do you like best?

The app is extremely mobile friendly. The customer service team is great. What I like best is how easy it is to navigate and use. I can schedule a job in the mobile app in a matter of seconds. This app works better than all the others which I have tried.

What do you dislike?

The app is great but has a few missing features such as separate terms for estimates and invoices, the ability to label an estimate as a proposal/contract, set customer billing terms and due dates, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a contractor and have a small business and want a reliable CRM to run your business, HCP is a great option.

No longer need to write invoices manually which saves the double data entry. Also, the back end abilities such as customer notifications when we are en route and when the job is complete results in better customer service.

Rehana Baluch

"Would have been perfect if my client could have afforded it."

What do you like best?

Book online by selecting the customer, picking the service and selecting the time. Automated textx to customers for when the job is scheduled, when the crew is on their way and when it's complete. An email after the job is complete allows you to ask for a review. You can scan credit cards in the field with nothing more than the app on your phone. Integration with QuickBooks

What do you dislike?

The price! $49 a month would have been a hard sell to my clients, but you have to up it to $137/month to get the online booking feature. The price was a deal killer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can budget it, I think you'll like it.

It would have been great had the clients been able to afford it.

Partnerships Specialist

"Make it easy to track your sales and appointments with Housecall Pro"

What do you like best?

Housecall makes it easy to track your sales and appointments.

What do you dislike?

Housecall can get a little confusing on the user's side but with explanation, it makes it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Housecall Pro is an easy way to track sales and follow up appointments. it has a very easy user interface with great graphs for sales

The problems I was running into before using housecall was being unable to keep track of my sales appointments and which employee was going where and when. The benefits I realized were that you can have a live track of the employee and know exactly when payment is made, how it was made and which deals I need to follow up on

AM

"OK for small mom and pops, but it's very limited."

What do you like best?

Dispatching and notification capabilities. Birds eye calendar view of which installers were scheduled for which date/time.

What do you dislike?

I have a seasonal/holiday lighting business and my installers were struggling using the app, not sure when to close out an estimate if it did not sell (even after going through tutorials and training)... I received many comments on its 'clunkiness'.

As a business owner, I was surprised it did not have an API that I could use to integrate with other apps (which is a common standard these days). I also had no way of tracking online conversions into Google Analytics (we use their landing page that has their form for self-booked appointments, but no way to trigger a conversion in GA - when I asked Support about simple conversion tracking it was like I was speaking Greek).

We also had an issue where the admin email address could not be an alias (e.g. team@company.com) as their server saw this as a bad thing and would refuse to send us email to that address...When I asked, I was told they have 99% deliverability and that it is on our side. This forced me to use a single mailbox as an admin email in order to receive their email notifications...

When I tried to export to a CSV, instead of providing me the CSV instantly, I had to wait for them to send me an email (which seemed odd as the file is so small... the email notification did not work one weekend due to what I mentioned above, and their after hours support team was clueless, so that delayed my operations during a peak time for me).

We were trying to book Christmas light installers on the first call and see their availability.

President
Consumer Electronics

"Workable software with a few drawbacks."

What do you like best?

Multiple iterations for one job means that we could track each visit to a clients house to see how many visits it took to solve a problem and investigate what is causing failed visits. It also kept all of the notes and pictures in the progression so that each technician can research what has been done in the past.

Job attachments made it easy to document what was performed and the issues encountered on each visit. The process for adding pictures is easy.

tracking what is paid on the calendar view was very nice. I liked to look at the week and see which jobs were still waiting on payments.

What do you dislike?

The calendar other than the benefit above is a train wreck. It always defaults to a view that isn't very useful. Adding something or moving something in the calendar takes a ridiculous amount of clicks.

There are very few integrations.

Contact import is buggy.

Geolocation aware job clock in and out should be part of the package.

Customer support is not very helpful.

The speed of the website is often painfully slow.

The lack of task management in the system allows items to fall through the cracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about what you want to use this software for and realize that if something that you are wanting is not included such as task management, there really is not a path to integrate something else seamlessly. Make sure that this one software package does almost everything you are looking for and put it to the test in the trial period to make sure it all works are you want it to, specifically online scheduling and the calendar.

Scheduling and job tracking is the reason that we used housecall. I think it does each of them ok, but there were a few pieces missing that really held back the softwares potential.

"Good option for everyone "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and very intuitive. Really useful for my enterprise and for the use I make of it. I'm quite happy with it and have no important issues or complains. We used it during almost 1 year and a half.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specially it all works fine for me so I'm very happy with it but finally we are no longer working with it. But I would consider to work again with this product cause the change was not because we didn't like was more an operation necessaty the make me change to another product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to try it because it really works fine and I think you would, do fine very useful

All of them quickly and easy all the time. Really recommend it. But thereally are other good options on the market and finally we decided to change. Although I'm working in a very very small company and for sure it is more useful on big companies more than in the small ones just like mine.

"Housecall pro "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal.

What do you dislike?

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin.

The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support

Lead technician

"House Porter App"

What do you like best?

what I like best is the fact that it shows me a picture of the house or apartment that I'm going to clean and I also like how it has a connection to MapQuest so you can get directions

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact of the setup being a little confusing for me. I can't remember what to go in to get to wear because it's a little confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great because all the information you need is on there just a tad bit confusing

It's benefiting us to have the start time and finish time of jobs so that we can see what our rpa

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The best part is the support team! They are accessible, responsive, and friendly. They listen to user feedback and are always providing updates and new features.

What do you dislike?

The calendar/schedule is slow, clunky, cluttered. It takes a long time to schedule and re-assign each job.

There are no email or text reminders for employees.

Their email notifications and invoice templates lack customization. It would be helpful if we could replace the word "professional" and "appointment" with words that are more appropriate to our industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can't figure out a way to get what you need done, contact the support team. They are very good about helping you find workarounds. Also let them know what feature requests you have; they are always improving and developing new features.

Invoicing and tracking payment. Scheduling and dispatching employees. Surveys and follow-up emails. Automatic email reminders.

"Housecall Pro experience"

What do you like best?

It allows you to get booked on your own website. Their on my way texting. And the ability to accept credit cards.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like yet. Their invoicing and customer service is excellent as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an amazing schedule and invoicing tool, however it does not generate leads for you.

The need to be able to accept credit cards so my customers have more payment options. The ability to let my customers know that I'm on the way in real time. It even sends a picture of the agent being sent for secure purposes. This way customers know exactly who they are expecting.

Ingeniero Civil

""technology capable of improving a product" "

What do you like best?

technology that serves to send appointments to emails in order to configure reports and labels in this regard.

What do you dislike?

in fact no comment, since the system is updated automatically, and if any problem arises this system would lend its support to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It makes it easier to see all the bills, since through this system you can configure the payment by emails and not through calls.

With this system we keep in touch with our customers, which uses a calendar as an aid to remind users that it is easier to use Housecall Pro

Executive Recruiting Director
Management Consulting

"Excellent Work Order Management System"

What do you like best?

I've been using HouseCall for quite some time now, and they have been adding many useful features to the platform. Providing the ability to have our customers add an application to find and book us quickly and easily is probably my favorite feature, however there are many more. Scheduling and dispatching the crews to a work order is easy and the mobile app for the crews to use to document their work orders is also very user friendly and quick.

What do you dislike?

1. I wish there was better time tracking reports, and a report to show which invoices have been sent to the customer and which haven't. Currently I have to click on each work order to ensure the invoice was sent, which is time consuming. However I did see there have been some recent upgrades to reporting, so maybe it's there now.

2. Our crews have to submit multiple pictures with each work order completion and currently they can add pics in the app, but they can only add them one at a time and it's very very slow and takes too much time in the field. So currently they have to send them to the office for upload to the work order, but that is also slow because it wont let us upload multiple at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great system, easy to use and manages work orders well.

Our work orders have been better organized and without stacks of paper! Great tool at a very affordable cost.

"Solving Problems We Didn't Know We Had"

What do you like best?

Before we got housecall, we had some serious issues. We deal mostly in small maintenance, not the big jobs, and so there is a lot that goes on during the month. We had no idea, but some jobs weren't getting billed for. They slipped through the cracks and no one caught it for months. Housecalls invoicing system has cured that problem for good.

What do you dislike?

It is a heavy site, so it takes a minutes to load, but not too long. You can work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait. It is amazing. It takes all the headache out of it.

We don't loose jobs anymore, tracking expenses and time is simple, and scheduling is easy.

"Simple and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I love the schedule. It allows you to see what your entire time is doing for the whole of that week, as well as allows you to see what jobs still need to be scheduled.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a way to add a property and then opt for it to be a multi-family. We work on a lot of those and have to enter in check unit manually.

Organization. We were having difficulty ensuring that all the jobs had been billed for, and also had a hard time coordinating the jobs currently in the works. This literally saved us from an early grave.

UE

"HouseCall Pro helps me run my business effectively!"

What do you like best?

I love that many apps are integrated in the system. I don’t have to go to multiple apps in order to get things done for my office. HouseCall helps me run my moving company effectively.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having the option to add electronic paperwork for customers to sign and write electronically on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s very easy to use especially for small businesses. It helps you stay organized and has everything you need.

Payment for services and receiving payments for deposits on moves. We used to have to call customers and ask for deposits. Now HouseCall allows us to send an email with a link where the customer can pay he deposit on their own!

(Myself Only)

"House Calls For The Healers or Workers Above"

What do you like best?

That you can advertise your products or services on there, especially if your a Healthcare worker.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike, except when you would have to be able to pay a high cost just to be able to use their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far the only thing that I will be able to think of is whenever you may need clients for your company, this is one of the best, like online scheduling.

What business problems that I am solving is that Housecall Pro is giving me another importunity to get & to be able to keep clients for my business. Do to the fact that i had bare experimented with the company, I have hardly received any benefits with them cause, I have hardly used their services.

"Streamline and automate. Everything"

What do you like best?

There is no longer a need for anyone but my service tech to interact with the customer under normal operation. Customers get 4 touch points before the rep even visits their house and it's all automated!

What do you dislike?

I'm a fairly new user but I haven't found anything I don't like yet so far. I don't know that I'll find anything either.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I guess you can suggest features if they dont have what you need, so do that. If they dont have what you need anyway.

My time is freed up for expansion instead of operation. I can focus on what I'm supposed to focus on instead of just going through necessary motions all the time.

Consumer Services

"Great time saver and organizer!"

What do you like best?

Organizing our schedule, GPS coordinates, sending info to Quickbooks automatically, and the ability to set up automated postcards or emails to our clients after jobs.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer the app had some of the features included in the desktop version, such as access to invoice number and ability to set up new service items.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Housecall Pro is absolute best if you have office staff on a desktop coordinating the appointments. This sends out information to the technicians in the field. I do both in the field, so there are a couple limitations with the app while in the field, but it is a great system and only takes a few minutes at the end of the day to input any remaining items the app didn't allow for.

We are working on better communication with our existing clients to remind them of our services they can take advantage of. We have had better client satisfaction and great reviews since starting to use HouseCall Pro.

"SCAMMERS"

What do you like best?

Not a thing; the product did not suit our needs and could not be used; the program was never implemented

What do you dislike?

The company's customer service is beyond poor. Calls and emails are never answered or resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not purchase this product, unless you know for certain that it will meet your needs. If you buy it and cannot implement it; you will not get your money back and they will potentially charge whatever method of payment you gave them again, without authorization

No benefits; the product did not support our level of activity and thus was never implemented.

Response from Matt Bonfiglio of Housecall Pro

Hi Tammy,

We want to sincerely apologize for your most recent experience. As a company, we pride ourselves on our customer service. We would love to take a look into this this matter so we can get a chance to make this right. Our goal is for you to find something that works for you. Please give us a call so we can take a look. 877-944-9010

"Freedom for the field service companies "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can run the business from my phone and don't have to be behind a desk!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the connection from low reception areas...

I'm able to analyze all the data from each job and can really make decisions on changes that needs to be made.

CEO

"Best Option for Scalability! "

What do you like best?

The dispatching for our crews is the most amazing part of HC PRO. We operate in several locations and this makes it easy on our call center. The Customer Support is phenomenal! Chris and the rest of the team use Intercom.io and I love this as a software guy myself. This allows great customer support. It even emails the customer if they leave the page. (complete transcript). They publish regular updates, with screenshots and I love being able to share this with our team!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of integration's, but the team is working hard on implementing more of these.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider if you need to do dispatching, have teams accessing Customer Data often. If so, then your in the right place. If not... There are cheaper (non feature packed) options that will serve your team well.

We are trying to scale our company into 7 figures. I have learned its hard to do without the proper communication on accounts with the team. A great CRM is the answer to most problems.

UF
(Myself Only)

"complete and afforable All in One small company managment system."

What do you like best?

the intergation between daily basic and marketing activities may our life easy.

What do you dislike?

Everething looks and work good to me. I dont have any dislike comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

imprement promo code box to promote the Online booking, in this way we can invite our costumer to book online and receive a better price to do it, also we can create a internal campains to reten actual cosutmers using promo codes and booking online.

Our daily booking, invoicing, costumer database update, and marketing reatagering is working more than fine...

"Love their system! "

What do you like best?

I like that all of the work to get customers is taken out and we get jobs that are in an area we set up. We also receive jobs in the wide range of areas we specialize in.

What do you dislike?

The way they would send emails showing us a preview of how they send job leads. Sometimes they would send a few a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're just looking for information about this company in comparison to others like it, don't give them your email as they send way too many emails. Other than that, we like them and the way they operate.

Getting jobs and not having to spend days trying to get a job.

"Grow your business by saving time"

What do you like best?

It automates a lot of task we used to do manually . Customer relationships ave improved and we are rescheduling over 90% of first time customers.

What do you dislike?

Service agreements charge our account $60 even if we only have one or two that pay $10. We would like to see entry level service agreements available that cost less.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely unless they are our competitors lol

Customer relations, scheduling, crew scheduling... wow.. the list is way too long to type