CallRail

CallRail is a phone call tracking and analytics platform that helps businesses understand which marketing campaigns are delivering valuable phone call conversions.

Work for CallRail?

Learning about CallRail?

CallRail Reviews

Ask CallRail a Question
Showing 564 CallRail reviews
Kristen M.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CallRail
Arthur N.

"The program that improves your marketing techniques"

What do you like best?

Callrail is an easy to use program, which I like, because it adapts very well to our needs, in which the work team does not present difficulties when working with it, also through its variety of tools and functions we can add different telephone numbers and use certain call channels to direct users.

We love your customer service is really efficient and fast, solved our problems, doubts and situations without problems, besides its cost is low for its great results, which certainly has highlighted this software as our favorite.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning when I did not know how to use it well I had some error when it came to recording the calls, but now that I understand its operation better, I will use this function properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really after using this program in the company our marketing campaigns have been more effective which has been visible in the exponential growth of our sales and profits for this and its versatility, ease of use, effectiveness, excellent technical support team for all this and more is that I recommend Callrail in all sincerity.

Thanks to Callraial our sales have increased, because we have been able to satisfy the desires and demands of our clients and at the same time provide them with our products and services with an excellent service, which has undoubtedly been of benefit to the company, because now we have with greater profitability and stability in the market, thus generating security for our shareholders and a reliable source of employment for our team.

We have also saved time and money, because this platform offers an accessible price coupled with the fact that through its excellent tools we can make sales in a faster and better way, because it allows us to track and visualize the marketing work.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

Erin P.

"Complicated Call Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Their resources and instructions are easy to find and help guide you through all implementations. TONS of customization options at no extra cost - call flows are amazing, call tagging is awesome. There's tons of functionality - enough so that I'm sure we're only using 25% of its capabilities. I have used CallRail at two agencies now (helped pilot at both) and it was a fantastic tool from the beginning for both.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to have more than one pool of numbers per Google UA account, or the ability to have subaccounts - I run into situations where a client needs a call tracking setup on a landing page and a website, and those have to be two separate sub-accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're comparing options make sure you are comparing apples to apples on functionality. CallRail throws in a lot for free that isn't obvious until you are in the account or if you read through documentation extensively.

We use it to better attribute digital marketing leads for our clients, or to solve operational issues through call-routing.

★ Stefan M.

"CallRail Is a Valuable Tool Every Marketer Should Use"

What do you like best?

The best thing about using CallRail has been the ability to track the source of every incoming lead we get—be it from an online ad campaign (Google AdWords), an email campaign, print collateral, magazine advertising, or whatever. Being able to accurately track the source of our leads has been valuable, and helps guide our decision-making regarding which efforts are paying off, and which ones are not.

We are not even using CallRail to its full potential...yet. There's a lot more that we could be taking advantage of, and hope to in the near future.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better integration with our CRM (currently using Hubspot, but considering moving to one called "BPM'online" because that is what our customer support department is now using). Also, while I love the functionality of the "CallScribe" and Keyword Spotting technology, I wish it were more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop thinking about it, and just go for it—you'll be glad you did! The marketing insight and intelligence you'll gain will be well worth your investment.

You cannot always predict customer behavior, and we've found that many of our customers will use any phone number they find to reach us, even if the nature of their call is technical support. This would normally make it very difficult to weed out the non-sales related phone calls from the sales leads in order to determine the effectiveness of a particular marketing effort.

However, using CallRail's "CallScribe" and Keyword Spotting technology along with tagging has really helped us accurately identify which calls are actually sales leads versus something else—even if they're coming in from one of our tracked phone numbers.

Eric R.

"Best Multifunction Call Routing System"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use of the product when it comes to creating new numbers for new regions and applying specific call flows to route the callers. After mastering the tagging system (do the account level, not the company level), it made it much easier for us to categorize leads.

What do you dislike?

Inability to text numbers by clicking on them in the iOS app. Sometimes calls that go through flows with Agents specified as the end recipient, never receive the calls. Lack of keyword tracking in text messages forces us to resort to using AI powering SMS bots instead of CallRail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a platform that allows you to have a phone number for every region you do business in, CallRail is the right choice.

Being able to have phone numbers for each market we do business in. The Call Flow builder is easy to use and allows us to create complex call flows in a short amount of time.

Shawn M.

"Excellent Call Tracking Service"

What do you like best?

The service they provide is good, but their customer support is even better. I've never had a bad interaction. Specifically, they do a good job with their support articles and implementation documentation. I'm also a fan of their live chat, but even when I've called in, I've got help in a very timely manner. Moreover, they keep it very simple and straightforward. Finally, they have a very solid leadership team that is taking the company in the right direction and fulfilling a much needed service in the marketplace while keeping it at a price point that makes it affordable for businesses of all sizes. Honestly, if your business relies on phone calls as a source of inbound leads and you need to track those for your marketing efforts, there is no good reason to not use CallRail. I would recommend them to anyone.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more integrations, but that will come with time and market demand. Aside from that, they do a great job at not just having easy-to-implement integrations, but also in providing effective documentation at the integrations they offer. The only other thing I'd like to see is a CallRail Academy that would offer advanced tips and training techniques for CallRail super users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would 100% recommend CallRail to anyone considering a call tracking platform. You won't regret it.

CallRail helps me identify the marketing efforts that are working best to illuminate a huge part of our clients' overall marketing results. We can also work with their customer support and sales reps to improve their skills in handling calls.

Nathan P.

"Client loves the Transparency and Ease of Use. A must have for Automotive Industry"

What do you like best?

Being able to show call after call to the dealer, let them listen to the call recordings for quality control and also have a hand in tracking just how much call traffic they get and when is a huge asset. We give the dealer access as well as our marketing people so that at any time they see what we see. Adding numbers is a breeze and replacing the old number withing AdWords for PPC is also cray easy. Great job CallRail!

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to complain about here...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. No regrets. Simple. Easy to use. Easy to connect to Analytics. Listen to recorded phone calls. Does exactly what it says it does.

We are using Callrail to give a much more accurate picture of people who "click to call" or manually dial the phone numbers in our PPC campaigns. AdWords can be a bit wonky in their reporting accuracy...and moving to CallRail was a no brainer. We use CallRail across many automotive clients and all rave about it.

Donald M.

"Save and review your customers' calls"

What do you like best?

The analysis provided by CallRail about the volume of calls and the type of calls received gives you a large amount of information. This analysis is related to the follow-up that you can make to the calls made by your clients, that follow-up is also important to perform better future care.

The statistics section provides a lot of information about text messages, customer data they have called, duration of calls ... All that information within this section.

It also has a scoring system that serves to assess calls globally, this also gives information to see how the communication has worked.

What do you dislike?

When you get into the program for the first time it is difficult to understand how the system works and to know the different configurations and sections that the system has. It takes a small period of learning.

If you manage multiple users at the same time it is somewhat complex, since you need to use several browsers for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A system like CallRail allows you to better serve your current or future customers. It is a good way to check how your company's attention is being given to your customers and to be able to solve any errors that may exist.

It has helped us to know the data of the calls in a more integral way. Knowing all the details helps us to see how certain marketing campaigns work in the sales section and also in the customer service center, to assess the quality of the service our current customers are receiving.

The reports of the application also tend to analyze carefully, since many times we have made future changes in the telephone service to spend less time and continue to give good attention in the calls thanks to the information we have obtained.

Chris H.

"Data from calls is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

We use CallRail heavily for call tracking across all of our 40+ locations. I think I have more than 1,000 tracking numbers in CallRail. We love the call recording and especially the automated call tagging based on what the AI hears in the call. That's a super way to help with reporting down the road!

What do you dislike?

It is a little hard to manage users. I just wish it was faster. But this is really a small complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will do more than you think it will. Consider CallRail for things like calls flowing to sales people's cell phones or as an emergency hotline. And ALWAYS use the voicemail transcriptions. They are totally worth the cost!

Mainly, CallRail gives us a glimpse into how many calls we get from different online and offline sources. And now we can connect CallRail to HubSpot to get better data about individual leads.

Karen M.

"Lead Sourcing Made Easy"

What do you like best?

CallRail makes it easy for our sales department to track our leads from our different mailing campaigns. It provides call recording and shows you how much the agent talked versus the client.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they put the Lead Center Tab at the bottom. I feel it should be at the top, right-hand corner to be clear and visible. When I first began using CallRail, I had a hard time locating the leads and phone call history.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple 1-800 numbers to track campaigns, CallRail makes it easy for you to track leads and improve sales numbers.

CallRail allows us to track our leads and to figure out which of our mailing campaigns are more successful. It allows our sales department to improve on their sales skills by recording the calls and seeing the percentage on how much the agent spoke over the client. It also helps us track how many calls we got during the day.

Michael S.

"Love This Tool"

What do you like best?

The information on where the call originated has been very helpful for us in tracking our marketing efforts. I've never run across another tool that will allow us this much insight into what web and/or print marketing efforts are paying off. We use the plugin for our wordpress website and it places a CallRail number in every location our "official" number appears on the site. We've also used CallRail numbers for print advertising and this has allowed us to track calls coming from those print pieces at very low cost.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about CallRail. The reporting could be a bit more robust perhaps but it is a solid product overall.

Call tracking. CallRail has allowed us to determine which marketing efforts are working best and focus on those.

Greg L.

"Easy to use, zero downtime, and decent analytics."

What do you like best?

I like the detailed analytics, and the ability to easily (one-click) integrate with other products we use such as Hubspot, the most.

What do you dislike?

No outreach from our Account Rep. It's a very "you're on your own" style system. Support is available if needed, but not very proactive reach-out on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to evaluate all of CallRail's competitors to ensure you're aware of how it compares to the others in this space; comparable products such as Invoca may have different sets of features that meet your needs.

We can now see where our phone traffic is generated from, i.e. Internet (organic vs paid), what pages on our site convert the most, what facebook ads are generating the most conversions, etc. - it helps us determine where to apply our marketing spend.

Jessica R.

"Great call tracking for cheap"

What do you like best?

Unlike other call tracking companies, this one comes equipped with so many options for multiple campaigns, office locations, and numbers. I like that you get recordings and keyword spotting.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't track Google maps calls (unless you use a unique number - and that can create problems).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use this over call tracking from Wordstream. I would also say that for $36/month, the data is invaluable, and can really help you shave unnecessary spending on marketing that doesn't work online. I would also say go through their team and make sure that everything gets set up right with google analytics and adwords, social accounts, and your phone number. Make sure to test test test!

My boss wanted to know where people were calling from when reaching the website, and which avenue was worth putting more money into, whether it was organic, paid, or social.

Jennifer B.

"Overall, our experience with CallRail has been great. "

What do you like best?

It is nice to be able to hear how our inbound calls are being handled for our sales management process. It allows insight that we didn't previously have. I liked how easy it was to setup CallRail and if I ever want to make changes to my account by adding different tracking numbers, removing some tracking numbers, or adding/removing companies, it does not require a hundred different steps which is very nice and makes my job easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current way the callscribe is setup. It would be nice to not have to pay to have the calls transcribed because we send them to our clients and a typical phone call for them is at least 8 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of your personal account customer support person why you have them, so you can truly learn all about callrail and how to use it before your time is up with them.

We are solving our lack in the sales process. Before, we were not able to hear how every inbound phone call was being done, but now since we are we were able to discover the holes that needed to be filled.

Skye R.

"Easy, Cost Effective & A Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

CallRail is so easy to use and does a LOT

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solutions for so many different problems. It tracks marketing calls, can be used as a call routing for a dispersed workplace, and so much more. Highly recommend!

CallRail has solved a number of problems:

Problem 1: needed local numbers in multiple cities - solved. And if I miss a call, I can call back using CallRail from that same number. It is so simple.

Problem 2: needed cost effective "company number" to route calls. I was able to set up a main toll-free line and route to different people giving the appearance of a larger company that is not dispersed.

Problem 3: needed to track effectiveness of different campaigns by using numbers I could assign to each campaign - I can look at reports and see exactly how effective things are.

Jon G.

"Making my tracking more and more accurate."

What do you like best?

Increased information to help us make better business decisions regarding adwords.

Allowing us to focus on the keywords that are actually driving phone calls and leading to actual sales.

In the past weve been pausing campaigns that have had a negative impact on our inbound calls as we were never sure which campaigns and ads were actually making the phone ring.

We are still just getting started with this product but are looking forward to more and more accurate details as time goes by.

I also like the ability to go in and listen to calls that have happened as I am sometimes able to call customers back and get orders that were otherwise lost by making them offers that they didnt receive while on the phone with out rep in the 1st place.

What do you dislike?

Wish the message prompt was a little more delayed.. when we forward from one number to another.. we dont hear the message at all and forget to enter the values.

Getting proper revenue tracking from adwords. Were still in the early stages.

Mary S.

"Provides valuable insights"

What do you like best?

Being able to see where customers are calling from is a great benefit for local insights.

What do you dislike?

Minimum numbers for a particular area code. I would like to be able to use our pool for multiple areas without having to expand the plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very helpful customer service. I had a question and the person on chat assistance was great, but an account manager also followed up and was able to offer additional insights, including how I would save by changing my program

We were missing some call conversions with our PPC campaigns, and call rail has made our reporting more accurate. We can also tell the source of calls. The recordings have provided insights into what our user experience was, allowing us to make adjustments where needed.

Lisa M.

"Great quality call recording service"

What do you like best?

Great quality. Never hard to understand calls. Whisper at beginning of calls works great and qualifying leads works great.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more to do with the calls after qualifying them. I also wish it were easier to record outbound calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the qualify leads function, as well as the notes tool.

We are able to listen into our client's follow-up process with Facebook and Google Adwords. A lot of our clients are not trained on following up with Facebook ads consistently and effectively, so listening in has helped us asses where they need help. Additionally, we are able to identify if there is a problem with our ads. Ex: users are calling in about something that the office does not offer.

Michael L.

"Great tool for a great price"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement the solution. There was little to no technical development needed to make this happen. The call recording feature is a great bonus to help the teams dissect what might be going on in a campaign. We listen to these calls as a team for high profile campaigns that may be underperforming and they bring lots of valuable insight.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky digging through things, but nothing that can't be overcome to use the platform. The speech to text feature really doesn't work very well. If the call has any hint of an accent, which is typical in a global business, it butchers their conversation in text. We simply do not use that feature.

Campaign tracking and performance.

Lindsay P.

"Integrations & Staff Made Work Easy"

What do you like best?

The integrations that are available made set up a breeze. I had to set up 26+ accounts and without the integrations for Wordpress, Facebook etc I would have lost time.

We also had a dedicated support agent or sales agent that kept reaching out to us to make sure everything was going smoothly.

What do you dislike?

One of my only dislikes was how the Facebook integration was set up. Through no fault of callrail, it doesn’t mesh with Facebook as accounts that are under the same ad. It doesn’t hook up to pages as it does ad

Accounts. It just ultimately caused a few problems.

Our clients needed call tracking— even if they didn’t know they needed it. They had no idea their teams were not answering the phone during certain times, or that they were getting calls from marketing efforts. It was a huge help.

Aaron M.

"Call Rail is the Only Call Tracking to Use"

What do you like best?

Callrail makes it easy for beginners just looking for data and also for experts needing to take call tracking to the next level. They have an easy-to-use platform that allows for simplistic call tracking implementation.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't really had any issues at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read through all the capabilities and apply them to your projects. Callrail can be straightforward call tracking, but you also can do some really cool stuff with number pools, automation, analytics, etc.

Lead gen is a big deal in digital marketing, but understanding how those leads are converting is the final piece of the puzzle. With Callrail we can see how people are engaging with the brand across the web, and turning into clients over the phone.

Courtney N.

"Best Tracking Service!"

What do you like best?

Callrail is amazing for running digital marketing campaigns. We use this on many of our clients, and the reporting is very user friendly. Also, tracking codes can be placed on the site so that you do not run in to issues with Google NAP.

What do you dislike?

Callrail is amazing, and easy to use. However, I know that in some countries people have reported issues of it not working properly. In my experience everything has worked great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a must have tool for all digital marketing experts, and any and people who want to track their ROI.

We use callrail to track our clients SEO efforts. Adding call tracking has been extremely beneficial so we know which efforts are the most profitable. I have found it to be an invaluable tool, and the support has been amazing.

Elisha M.

"A must-have-tool for every marketing pro"

What do you like best?

Dynamic numbers are the BEST! We love that callrail sources our inbound call accordingly and that we can manage the quality of our teams conversations. The reporting is great, community ability to separate our entities and projects and that it integrates with our CRM. Love the AI and keyword tool; unfortunately we haven't had the chance to set it up but we intend to!

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the Salesforce Integration was a little more complex. Calls do not seem to always log correctly for current prospects thus creating a new lead in our CRM. The integration setup steps could be more precise, too. Slightly confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use online and offline to gain more insight on your advertising spend.

Callrail helps us know where most of our inbound leads are coming from which helps us determine channels worthy of boosting or cutting back our spend on. Because of callrail, we were able to track an A/B test of a direct mail campaign which was enlightening.

Agency

"Awesome customer service & product"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, our customer rep has been very attentive and proactive. We have had to create more than 100 numbers and it would've taken me forever to do on my own. Our rep was able to give us a really quick response and made the changes happen in under 2 hours which was awesome. I've also liked the fact that oru rep is very quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Some changes inside of phone numbers can't be done unless you contact a rep. Thats really the only thing I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try!

Call tracking. We know which campaigns, keywords work and which dont. It has also allowed us to create google ad extension phone numbers and create really helpful reports on month over month growth, quarter over guarter growth and also year over year growth. Call rail has been very helpful when it comes down to fixing numbers or finding quick solutions to our problems.

George Grandis C.

"Invaluable for any marketing department or agency"

What do you like best?

The level of tracking abilities that not many other types of software can compete with. It's really good at providing unique #s to add to physical items (we don't use that much) but in combination with our website lead trackign capabilities, overall it's just a great software!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I think when we started they didn't allow the ability to submit individual payment methods for your clients without making separate accounts but I believe that has changed since.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. It's worth it.

Tracking calls, lead source, first callers, contact forms, etc. The ability to compare all sources from one dashboard including physical promotional materials. It's a great great software.

Learn more about CallRail

CallRail Videos

Learning about CallRail?

* We monitor all CallRail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.