Handshake Reviews & Product Details

Handshake Overview

What is Handshake?

Handshake: B2B customer ordering and sales rep order entry solutions. Handshake is for companies like brands, manufacturers and distributors who are selling to retail stores or other business customers. For customer ordering - Handshake helps you provide a modern B2B eCommerce experience for easy online ordering and a mobile app for shelf-side orders when your customers are out on the floor. For sales rep ordering - Handshake provides a dedicated sales rep app that gives them the customer, product, pricing and inventory information they need to have better customer conversations. Orders can be entered fast and submitted instantly.

Handshake Details

Handshake is a sales order management app for wholesale.

Handshake is the B2B commerce platform that helps you be closer to your B2B customers.

Not just a leading B2B eCommerce company, Handshake also provides seamless ordering solutions for sales reps in the field so you have a single view of both your in-person and online sales channels.

Our customer ordering solution, Handshake Direct is your very own B2B eCommerce website, but also gives your buyers the convenience of a mobile ordering app. This is critical for many companies whose customers are often working in a stockroom, or on the floor of a retail store and need to scan products easily and easily create reorders using their phone.

Handshake Rep lets sales reps at appointments or tradeshows write orders fast, with the product and customer information they need to have more strategic customer conversations.

Handshake's customer success teams are also industry-leading, providing training and seamless integration of Handshake into your ERP.

Handshake Corp.
2011
New York, NY
@handshake

Handshake Screenshots

Handshake Reviews

Showing 52 Handshake reviews
Already have Handshake?
What do you like best?

I love the ease of learning Handshake, it has been simple for us to grow the business to online also. Handshake has a beautiful outline and great functionality. Handshake has been easy for our Sales Team to create orders and submit them efficiently. I love that they can write notes on each order so our warehouse and merchandisers can know what to expect when they are out on the field. Quickbooks syncs with Handshake in a time frame that we can choose which is nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to have technical issues lately. But it is still doing justice, and better than what we had before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love handshake so far. This company is definitely worth looking into. You get what you pay for, for sure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of setting up an online platform for our online store. I am loving all of the detailed reports that we are able to run with handshake, for each salesman and for different routes. It makes keeping track of our companies growth easy and accurate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used handshake as a portal for finding jobs and the most useful thing I found about was the the listing and compilation of jobs at one place. There are useful filters which help you to sort jobs of your choice and capacity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Handshake could have a better portal to connect to recruiters which I think is missing there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Handshake really acts as a catalyst and speedifys the process of job hunt for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Sends you notifications of jobs that suit your interests, companies are able to send you messages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many job postings, old ones are not deleted so you see a bunch of invalid job postings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Indicate as much interests as possible on your profile so the number of jobs matched will increase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used while in college applying for an internship or a job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Distribution
What do you like best?

This software helped us go from manual order entry form on paper to remote syncing and bulk monitoring of orders with historical records. This has improved our operation in so many ways! We could not do what we do without Handshake. Handshake has a great support staff. Our issues are rare but when they do arise(usually our fault) we are assisted immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

... When my coffee gets cold! We have 0 complaints about handshake service or functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you want to do because Handshake has worked with us to achieve our future goals, even when the functionality wasn't currently available to HS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to serve our population of almost 15,000 students on a weekly basis. We stay organized and can hit a 2 hr turn around for emergency orders. Our syncing of Handshake to our Inventory ERP gives us the ability to instantly have all orders in house once placed. High need Emergency Orders are delivered to students within a 2-3 hour window. Handshake helps us address and execute immediate high impact interventions when children are going without. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Analyst
What do you like best?

Simplicity of customer facing portal, makes it easy for our clients (small business owners) to easily login and place orders. Migration of data from QB ( through Boomi ) was easy and we only have to to receive new items in one place (Quickbooks) which saves a bunch of data entry time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of automation in approving customers, it's a manual process which can take up time. The support team takes forever to answer tickets and they don't properly follow up on tickets once they have responded. I've had to reach out to my AM on several occasions to help expedite a support request after it's been unattended for week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into a shopify password protected website for a cheaper solution. Where shopify lacks in B2B it more than make sup in CRM integrations and website interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduce time spend on phone writing orders, making re-orders easier for the customer, and properly showcasing our entire catalog to customers easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Man.
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

With handshake it is so easy to add products onto our online store. It's easy to change prices, make active or inactive . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we get glitches that do not allow me to confirm an order. Also, sometimes the orderes dont sync with my quickbooks/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I dont have any recommendations at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are that our customers can take their time and place their order on their own online. Which makes it easier for them and easier for us as well. It has cleared our lines a little so we don't have many missed calls because our customers are utilizing the website to place orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The app is great! Being able to search accounts and products is the best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app works best on the iPhone, but other devices seem to lag. Usually the newer the device the better it works. I’m not sure why, but my brand new iPhone, it works perfect, but a brand new iPad, it lags, and anything older than a year and a half it just doesn’t work the way it should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s great, just make sure, you have updated technology Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to take orders and have them immediately synced to my office. Once it’s synced to my office they can give me updates on those orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy it when a customer calls me and I can look them up while I have them on the cell phone. No matter where I am I can put the customer on speaker phone pull the phone away from my ear and I can see their past orders, address and contact info quickly and easily. I love it when customers say, "Wow, you have a good memory!" when I'm actually just using Handshake. Thanks Handshake for making me look like RainMan! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the new iOS update it seems to crash often when switching from customer to customer and placing multiple orders quickly.

I wish there was an address look up on the app. If I get stuck forgetting a customer name and need to look a customer up by an address I have to wait until I get back to the office and use an old fashion computer, mouse and keyboard.

Also, Handshake has a tough time when copying and pasting new customer data from notepad into the Handshake app. I often pop between notepad and Handshake when adding new customer info. For example when I copy the customer name out of notepad and paste it into the name field in Handshake then pop back over to note pad and copy the phone number out of note pad and go to put the number into Handshake the name field has disappeared. Handshake seems to not be able to keep up with the sync and then just looses the info. I find myself pasting the name into the name field of Handshake several times before it sticks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use for on the go billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing is a breeze! I run a lawn mowing company and my product skus are services like lawn mowing, fertilizing, hourly labor charges and shrub trimming. You don't actually need a physical product to make Handshake work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Actually integrates with QuickBooks inventory feature. Lots of other services say that they integrate with QuickBooks, but all they really do is push accounting entries through. Handshake didn’t require me to completely overhaul the way I do business and manage inventory. It was a true “add-on” feature for me rather than having to build a new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payment feature is the only weak area. I still prefer to process my transactions through QuickBooks, but I find myself having to manually go through the handshake orders to collect credit card info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Handshake gives me customers the ability to know what items are out of stock when they order, which reduces communication overhead after a PO is placed. It also allows me to cross-promote other items I carry that they can’t really see from looking at a price list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

We use it to quickly import orders taken on the road into our ERP system. This allows us to see daily the orders being placed and improve our entire supply chain management. The users love the ease of use and ability to take orders whether they are connected to the internet or not. The business that we sell to love that they receive a confirmation email with pictures, pricing and details about their orders immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We occasionally have problems with syncing from the back end cloud database and the iPad ordering system. Things have improved greatly over the past few years, but we still have an occasional problem with a field user. It would be nice if there was an automated method to archive orders and discontinued products automatically based on a time frame. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just begin using it as soon as possible. It takes just a few hours to load existing customers and products into the system, setup users and begin using it. It is very intuitive and can fit many different industries. The office staff have been able to drastically reduce the time it previously took to process orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were previously taking all of our orders at shows and on the road when visiting businesses by hand on paper. The orders were then faxed into the office each night. It often took the office staff a few days to input the orders into the ERP system. There were often mistakes with the orders, wrong colors or sizes written, etc. Now everything is accurate and can be processed automatically from Handshake into the ERP system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I just enjoy the ease of placing all of my orders for my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is I wish I was able to send invites to my customers myself instead of relying on the office to find time to send the invite link out. Sometimes they are busy or off work and I will set up a new customer account but they cannot be approved and access their account until the office approves them and sends them the invite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speeding up the process and time it takes to put an order in our system. Much more efficient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in the mobil app, when it's working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many quirks in the app, customer support is very slow to respond. We've had it for months and really have not had a chance to put it to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I loved this when they first released it. They've made some big upgrades, and it seems like the core product is now suffering. Support is good when they are there, and fixes are very slow to happen. I love the product when it's working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We hope to solve the problem of manual data entry and speed up our shipping times due to the speed of order entry. So far we have not been able to rely on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COO
What do you like best?

The fact that we can integrate our orders to our ERP system and still be able to notify our customers with updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adding products is too cumbersome. It should be easier to add single products (rather than bulk upload). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it meets your specific needs. It is not for everyone or every business. There are some gaps particular to my industry that we have had to work around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking quotes, following up with customers automatically, letting customers and sales reps see inventory availability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have enjoyed using this user-friendly tool. It has made order writing and submission much faster and easier for the reps in the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! Any challenges I’ve had, have been resolved by their customer service technicians! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to get away from paper orders that needed to be scanned or faxed in , to real-time order entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

easy to enter an order, build sales. can search for an item in several ways, discontinued items are removed from the program, so you're not selling items that are not available. color pictures in app and order copies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it does not save orders permanently, it would be nice to have records of older orders in the syetm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better than any other program I have used in 16 years Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it's fast, can add an item quickly, plus any other items in that "family" to build sales. easy to delete an item, or increase quantities to not slow the sale down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of order entry from customer through our in house sales staff. We no longer receive faxes, photos of handwritten orders or email with inaccurate item numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to more easily add custom fields to be imported to NetSuite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We standardized receiving orders from sale team in field, reducing order entry time by in house staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

I love that Handshake is so easy to use and set up. We love the fact that invoices have images which is great for retailers to identify products. We love the editing functions on Handshake and that we can adjust quantities and discounts on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to keep at least one licence active to retain my sales history and listings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increased Trade show sales is the biggest advantage - we say at least a 200% increase in order value from writing paper orders to using handshake - this is due to the speed you can take an order using Handshake with a scanner as apposed to writing an order - buyer fatigue is reduced and so the orders are bigger and take less time to write. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Handshake platform is very simple to use and is very user friendly, very easy for first timer and customer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there should be some kind of 2 way communication between rep and back office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

add inbuild 2 way communication between sales rep and back office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Error with order entry and emailing customer invoices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a sales tool Handshake is simplicity itself. It’s great as it’s on the phone and during a busy day I don’t miss a beat Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then it fails to sync which means shutting it down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great resource to keep info in the one place and for pre call prep Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use, great platform, good customer service, company is continually looking to improve and add additional components that can work with various infrastructures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Handshake is not yet fully functional with all infrastructures, and, there are a few programs, that don't have any programs that can integrate with said program. However, i do believe that handshake is continueally working on these issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increasing sales by allowing our buyers to see our products on their own time and buy direct from our B2B Web Portal, as we have our entire collection uploaded into handshake (pictures, descriptions, etc.).

Send detailed reports and orders, with pictures, direct to our buyers through handshake within 30 seconds. Buyers can even edit their orders and send back for finalization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Can show collections and send the order in ASAP without having to write anything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Updates to products should be done on a regular basis, not so much a problem with handshake but with administration. Changes to products should be sent via email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster implementation of orders, know what’s available immediately Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to show products to customers with multiple images, product info and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes feels a bit "laggy" when going form field to field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great platform for trade show order writing. Also, when not at trade shows, I can quickly and easily share my catalog with customers and potential customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trade show order writing. Customers like having orders emailed directly to them, and being able to know how much they've spent without me having to add it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It’s very customer friendly, the catelog feature is very helpful when looking a product that I am missing or may be a special order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The picture option is a bit slow, and at times some products are missing from the list, I have to do a search in order to get them on the screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unlike with other devices and software, it’s easy to ensure that you don’t miss a product even if you are out of stock on the shelf Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

An easy way to track current and past orders along with customer information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some tweaks I would make - like the ability to record multiple contact names and phone numbers along with notes on contacts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think they make an effort to improve, and will change things when asked. I think overall it is a good product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of creating an order and sending a professional looking copy to our customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Country General Manager
Design
What do you like best?

Been with Handshake since dawn of days and is super happy with the way it’s working and easy to setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Most thing works perfectly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly online setups since we are worldwide operating Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Handshake?