Handshake Reviews & Product Details

What is Handshake?

Handshake: B2B customer ordering and sales rep order entry solutions. Handshake is for companies like brands, manufacturers and distributors who are selling to retail stores or other business customers. For customer ordering - Handshake helps you provide a modern B2B eCommerce experience for easy online ordering and a mobile app for shelf-side orders when your customers are out on the floor. For sales rep ordering - Handshake provides a dedicated sales rep app that gives them the customer, product, pricing and inventory information they need to have better customer conversations. Orders can be entered fast and submitted instantly.

Handshake Screenshots

1-47 of 47 total Handshake reviews

Handshake Reviews

1-47 of 47 total Handshake reviews
Director of Distribution

"Handshake helps us improve student outcomes"

What do you like best?

This software helped us go from manual order entry form on paper to remote syncing and bulk monitoring of orders with historical records. This has improved our operation in so many ways! We could not do what we do without Handshake. Handshake has a great support staff. Our issues are rare but when they do arise(usually our fault) we are assisted immediately.

What do you dislike?

... When my coffee gets cold! We have 0 complaints about handshake service or functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you want to do because Handshake has worked with us to achieve our future goals, even when the functionality wasn't currently available to HS.

We are able to serve our population of almost 15,000 students on a weekly basis. We stay organized and can hit a 2 hr turn around for emergency orders. Our syncing of Handshake to our Inventory ERP gives us the ability to instantly have all orders in house once placed. High need Emergency Orders are delivered to students within a 2-3 hour window. Handshake helps us address and execute immediate high impact interventions when children are going without.

Operations Analyst

"Small B2B Apparel Vendor"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of customer facing portal, makes it easy for our clients (small business owners) to easily login and place orders. Migration of data from QB ( through Boomi ) was easy and we only have to to receive new items in one place (Quickbooks) which saves a bunch of data entry time.

What do you dislike?

Lack of automation in approving customers, it's a manual process which can take up time. The support team takes forever to answer tickets and they don't properly follow up on tickets once they have responded. I've had to reach out to my AM on several occasions to help expedite a support request after it's been unattended for week.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into a shopify password protected website for a cheaper solution. Where shopify lacks in B2B it more than make sup in CRM integrations and website interface.

Reduce time spend on phone writing orders, making re-orders easier for the customer, and properly showcasing our entire catalog to customers easily

"Simple to use app for your phone."

What do you like best?

I enjoy it when a customer calls me and I can look them up while I have them on the cell phone. No matter where I am I can put the customer on speaker phone pull the phone away from my ear and I can see their past orders, address and contact info quickly and easily. I love it when customers say, "Wow, you have a good memory!" when I'm actually just using Handshake. Thanks Handshake for making me look like RainMan!

What do you dislike?

With the new iOS update it seems to crash often when switching from customer to customer and placing multiple orders quickly.

I wish there was an address look up on the app. If I get stuck forgetting a customer name and need to look a customer up by an address I have to wait until I get back to the office and use an old fashion computer, mouse and keyboard.

Also, Handshake has a tough time when copying and pasting new customer data from notepad into the Handshake app. I often pop between notepad and Handshake when adding new customer info. For example when I copy the customer name out of notepad and paste it into the name field in Handshake then pop back over to note pad and copy the phone number out of note pad and go to put the number into Handshake the name field has disappeared. Handshake seems to not be able to keep up with the sync and then just looses the info. I find myself pasting the name into the name field of Handshake several times before it sticks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use for on the go billing.

Billing is a breeze! I run a lawn mowing company and my product skus are services like lawn mowing, fertilizing, hourly labor charges and shrub trimming. You don't actually need a physical product to make Handshake work.

"Great B2B online ordering system"

What do you like best?

Actually integrates with QuickBooks inventory feature. Lots of other services say that they integrate with QuickBooks, but all they really do is push accounting entries through. Handshake didn’t require me to completely overhaul the way I do business and manage inventory. It was a true “add-on” feature for me rather than having to build a new system.

What do you dislike?

The payment feature is the only weak area. I still prefer to process my transactions through QuickBooks, but I find myself having to manually go through the handshake orders to collect credit card info.

Handshake gives me customers the ability to know what items are out of stock when they order, which reduces communication overhead after a PO is placed. It also allows me to cross-promote other items I carry that they can’t really see from looking at a price list.

"Handshake took us from paper orders at shows and visiting retailers to fully electronic."

What do you like best?

We use it to quickly import orders taken on the road into our ERP system. This allows us to see daily the orders being placed and improve our entire supply chain management. The users love the ease of use and ability to take orders whether they are connected to the internet or not. The business that we sell to love that they receive a confirmation email with pictures, pricing and details about their orders immediately.

What do you dislike?

We occasionally have problems with syncing from the back end cloud database and the iPad ordering system. Things have improved greatly over the past few years, but we still have an occasional problem with a field user. It would be nice if there was an automated method to archive orders and discontinued products automatically based on a time frame.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just begin using it as soon as possible. It takes just a few hours to load existing customers and products into the system, setup users and begin using it. It is very intuitive and can fit many different industries. The office staff have been able to drastically reduce the time it previously took to process orders.

We were previously taking all of our orders at shows and on the road when visiting businesses by hand on paper. The orders were then faxed into the office each night. It often took the office staff a few days to input the orders into the ERP system. There were often mistakes with the orders, wrong colors or sizes written, etc. Now everything is accurate and can be processed automatically from Handshake into the ERP system.

"I love handshake!"

What do you like best?

I just enjoy the ease of placing all of my orders for my customers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is I wish I was able to send invites to my customers myself instead of relying on the office to find time to send the invite link out. Sometimes they are busy or off work and I will set up a new customer account but they cannot be approved and access their account until the office approves them and sends them the invite.

Speeding up the process and time it takes to put an order in our system. Much more efficient!

"Handshake Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in the mobil app, when it's working.

What do you dislike?

Too many quirks in the app, customer support is very slow to respond. We've had it for months and really have not had a chance to put it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I loved this when they first released it. They've made some big upgrades, and it seems like the core product is now suffering. Support is good when they are there, and fixes are very slow to happen. I love the product when it's working.

We hope to solve the problem of manual data entry and speed up our shipping times due to the speed of order entry. So far we have not been able to rely on it.

COO

"Great for our business"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can integrate our orders to our ERP system and still be able to notify our customers with updates.

What do you dislike?

Adding products is too cumbersome. It should be easier to add single products (rather than bulk upload).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it meets your specific needs. It is not for everyone or every business. There are some gaps particular to my industry that we have had to work around.

Tracking quotes, following up with customers automatically, letting customers and sales reps see inventory availability.

"An excellent tool for productivity!"

What do you like best?

We have enjoyed using this user-friendly tool. It has made order writing and submission much faster and easier for the reps in the field.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! Any challenges I’ve had, have been resolved by their customer service technicians!

We have been able to get away from paper orders that needed to be scanned or faxed in , to real-time order entry.

"Best Sales Program I've used"

What do you like best?

easy to enter an order, build sales. can search for an item in several ways, discontinued items are removed from the program, so you're not selling items that are not available. color pictures in app and order copies

What do you dislike?

it does not save orders permanently, it would be nice to have records of older orders in the syetm

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better than any other program I have used in 16 years

it's fast, can add an item quickly, plus any other items in that "family" to build sales. easy to delete an item, or increase quantities to not slow the sale down

AD

"A nearly complete solution for sales people on the trade show floor."

What do you like best?

My sales reps are extremely happy with this tool. They needed an efficient tool for quickly processing large volumes of orders on the trade show floor with minimal manual entry. I needed this to be an offline to so as not to be subject to WIFI/Cell reception, page load times and processing issues, At its heart it's an SO creation tool, but it also can second as a product catalog and bare-bones CRM. The app is Apple-only at this point in time, built with familiar iOS assets, and quite intuitively laid out, so training was mostly straightforward. Orders sync to the Handshake cloud account, which can be accessed through a web interface. Invoices can be sent to Fulfillment either emailed directly from Handshake during the order process, or downloaded via Invoice PDFs or CSV.

What do you dislike?

We run an old ERP for the time being, and wanted to import orders via .csv files. Our ERP had other plans. Essentially until we get a more robust ERP, we've settled on manually processing our orders which are already digital; this is very backwards. Handshake boasts integrations. These aren't truly prebuilt solutions and you will pay a lot upfront for the implementation, which is why we chose to stay away from them. There is an automated .csv upload/download setting which we may explore once we upgrade our ERP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First implementation is a big deal, so ensure you have the right resources who understand data migration via .csv templates, some python templating language experience would be a bonus. Nice, clean inventory lists and a folder of product images by ids are also recommended.

We used to process hundreds of paper sales orders after a show. Now we are processing them daily as synced to the cloud. We have not yet achieved the efficiency of a fully cloud integrated solution but are well on our way to removing the manual entry step.

My sales reps also comment that their customers are very impressed by our professional approach.

"Director of IT"

What do you like best?

Ease of order entry from customer through our in house sales staff. We no longer receive faxes, photos of handwritten orders or email with inaccurate item numbers.

What do you dislike?

We would like to more easily add custom fields to be imported to NetSuite.

We standardized receiving orders from sale team in field, reducing order entry time by in house staff.

UW

"Want to boost your trade show sales?"

What do you like best?

I love that Handshake is so easy to use and set up. We love the fact that invoices have images which is great for retailers to identify products. We love the editing functions on Handshake and that we can adjust quantities and discounts on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to keep at least one licence active to retain my sales history and listings.

Increased Trade show sales is the biggest advantage - we say at least a 200% increase in order value from writing paper orders to using handshake - this is due to the speed you can take an order using Handshake with a scanner as apposed to writing an order - buyer fatigue is reduced and so the orders are bigger and take less time to write.

"Handy Handshake"

What do you like best?

As a sales tool Handshake is simplicity itself. It’s great as it’s on the phone and during a busy day I don’t miss a beat

What do you dislike?

Every now and then it fails to sync which means shutting it down

It is a great resource to keep info in the one place and for pre call prep

"Handshake "

What do you like best?

Handshake platform is very simple to use and is very user friendly, very easy for first timer and customer

What do you dislike?

there should be some kind of 2 way communication between rep and back office

Recommendations to others considering the product:

add inbuild 2 way communication between sales rep and back office

Error with order entry and emailing customer invoices

AA

"Julie Rich - VP Snapper Rock Swimwear Reviews Handshake"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use, great platform, good customer service, company is continually looking to improve and add additional components that can work with various infrastructures.

What do you dislike?

Handshake is not yet fully functional with all infrastructures, and, there are a few programs, that don't have any programs that can integrate with said program. However, i do believe that handshake is continueally working on these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it

Increasing sales by allowing our buyers to see our products on their own time and buy direct from our B2B Web Portal, as we have our entire collection uploaded into handshake (pictures, descriptions, etc.).

Send detailed reports and orders, with pictures, direct to our buyers through handshake within 30 seconds. Buyers can even edit their orders and send back for finalization.

"Selling made easy "

What do you like best?

Can show collections and send the order in ASAP without having to write anything

What do you dislike?

Updates to products should be done on a regular basis, not so much a problem with handshake but with administration. Changes to products should be sent via email

Faster implementation of orders, know what’s available immediately

UF

"Handshake review"

What do you like best?

It’s very customer friendly, the catelog feature is very helpful when looking a product that I am missing or may be a special order.

What do you dislike?

The picture option is a bit slow, and at times some products are missing from the list, I have to do a search in order to get them on the screen.

Unlike with other devices and software, it’s easy to ensure that you don’t miss a product even if you are out of stock on the shelf

"Perfect for rapid Trade Show order writing"

What do you like best?

Easy to show products to customers with multiple images, product info and more.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes feels a bit "laggy" when going form field to field.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great platform for trade show order writing. Also, when not at trade shows, I can quickly and easily share my catalog with customers and potential customers.

Trade show order writing. Customers like having orders emailed directly to them, and being able to know how much they've spent without me having to add it up.

"handshake review"

What do you like best?

An easy way to track current and past orders along with customer information

What do you dislike?

There are some tweaks I would make - like the ability to record multiple contact names and phone numbers along with notes on contacts, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think they make an effort to improve, and will change things when asked. I think overall it is a good product.

Ease of creating an order and sending a professional looking copy to our customers

"Quick & Painless"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull up my entire catalog & write an order while on the go is great. I love that I don't have to be on wi-fi to access everything I need.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to archive items that we no longer sell, but I still need access to.

My reps are able to write orders and send them in immediately. No more waiting for faxes or scanned order forms.

Country General Manager
Design

"Very user freindly and amazing costumer service worldwide"

What do you like best?

Been with Handshake since dawn of days and is super happy with the way it’s working and easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Most thing works perfectly

Mostly online setups since we are worldwide operating

Co-General Manager
Wholesale

"Handshake Review"

What do you like best?

Handshake is designed for the mobile experience. It's a native app on the iOS platform, not a web app designed for PC then modified for mobile. It's intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a little difficult to interface with our business system.

Some of the layout/hard coding isn't in line with how we typically display our information. If the app allowed for more flexibility on the layout that would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very important to thoroughly map out your complete file structure on the front end. Little anomalies can cause a great deal of headache.

Mobile order taking. Handshake, when fully optimized, will streamline our ordering process in the field.

"Great B2B platform"

What do you like best?

Easy ordering for customers and quick workflow for us.

What do you dislike?

Account requests should create an account in handshake that we can approve/disapprove. I should not have to copy/paste everything in. Also, when I save an order and confirm on the ipad, I can see the email being sent and customize it. On the Hub it auto sends and I cannot tweak it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it highly

Dealer direct ordering

National Sales Manager - Department Stores & Hardware
Consumer Goods

"Handshake Review"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a trade show order writing system that's seamless to setup and use, this product delivers. Simple steps to creating a database of products that will download to any iPad or iPhone which provides flexibility. Easy to scan products/UPC's with the camera in your device or you can connect scanners via bluetooth which works really well. Another big bonus is that you do not need internet connectivity to take orders, you can take orders offline and upload them later when you have connectivity. Other systems I have used in the past needed a wifi connection at all times which proved difficult during large shows with dozens of networks nearby. To print order copies you might need to setupa wifi router but it's not required. Handshake gives you the option to e-mail an invoice to your customer which would get sent out when you reconnect to the web.

Customer gets a professional looking receipt with their order which includes images of each product they purchased. Credit card info can be taken and kept secure.

What do you dislike?

Unable to connect on the back end so orders can flow seamlessly into order processing system without manual entry. I believe that this is possible but we did not use enough to warrant the expense of setting up. No back-end management of commissions so independent reps could use instead of Brokerforce or Brandwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, great support! Easy to use.

Problem: Manually writing orders at a tradeshow takes a really long time and gives your buyer the impression that you are not an innovative company. Handwritten orders can also be incorrectly transcribed creating more problems later on. Handshake solves these issues with limited setup time required.

"Always a great experience unless it doesn’t sync "

What do you like best?

Organized and easy to use. Lots of great info on it

What do you dislike?

When the sync function doesn’t work. Always bad times.

Orders. Keeping track of what we’ve sold

"It has been a game changer for our company"

What do you like best?

The ability to change pricing, add or delete products at will with descriptions and pictures. Take care of multiple sales people in 4 states.

What do you dislike?

It seems in the past year we have to reset on our iPad because the iPad sticks when inputting an order sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't any

Consistent pricing for customers, automatic price changing ability when needed.

"Overall really good system that delivers what we were looking for. "

What do you like best?

-Simple to use on the whole, especially the iPad version.

-Seemlessly links to Quickbooks

-Offline capability.

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes the online portal can be a little slow to load images.

-Some of the creating and managing back end such as pricing groups gets complex doing all in excel.

-Easy order placing

-Helping reps be more efficient.

-Some CRM capability.

"inside sales /account manager"

What do you like best?

very easy to use at trade shows, This give an instant copy emailed to our main office and to the customer without delay.

What do you dislike?

Wish it would be able to inter-GRADE with hubspot.

We have sped up our order processing and also given our customers the ability to place their orders anytime not just during business hours.

Senior Educator - Diploma in Esthetics - Account Executive - Consultant
Cosmetics

"The best catalogue "

What do you like best?

The simplicity, clear, easy to understand. I can do so much more than I did before I found out about handshake.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would add is in the search it would allow us to do it with the name also.

And a extra area for the cell phone number.

Simplify orders with minimum mistakes.

Business owner

"Handshake good business"

What do you like best?

It’s a quick and neat way of helping business sell online services to customers to reduce cost and increase revenue

What do you dislike?

There was nothing to dislike at the moment because it’s use is still pending based off what I need and use it for.

Increasing service lowering cost and increasing sufficient revenue.

C

"Excellent Program"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Even customers that I am working with understand it in less than 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

Updates sometimes cause it to crash or become unresponsive. This has lead to reinstallation at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend

Speed and accuracy of ordering. Both are problems and solutions.

Founder
Apparel & Fashion

"Handshake satisfaction"

What do you like best?

I really like handshake for making it easy to use, to track inventory and have a great connection with our sales team located aroun USA

What do you dislike?

I'll say we are pretty satisfied with this version

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sure yes. I did

Inventory tracking, new orders, shipped orders, customers database

C
(Myself Only)

"The best think since slice bread"

What do you like best?

Everything, as an independent rep. It is the best hacking all my customers history on there. That I can do all my orders and save time. And I can see where I am for the month. I have to say I think everyone should have HandShake. I don’t know I ever worked with out it. Thanks Handshake

What do you dislike?

It freezes on me some times. I have to shut my phone off and restart

Being able to look at past history.

UF