X-Cart Reviews & Product Details

X-Cart Overview

What is X-Cart?

X-Cart is an enterprise eCommerce platform that is used as a foundation for unique highly-efficient online stores in 111 countries around the world. The international team of experts provide an in-house experience and 24/7 support. Established in 2001, X-Cart has grown into far more than an eCommerce platform, creating an ecosystem where you find anything you need to build an enterprise eCommerce business, including expert help. X-Cart’s full stack of services includes turnkey migration from other platforms, custom feature development, dedicated hosting, web design, catalog management, custom integrations, monitoring, and more.

X-Cart Details
Discussions
X-Cart Community
Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Finnish, French, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Shopping cart software that powers tens thousands online checkouts worldwide.

X-Cart is designed to naturally power your business growth, not just your website, while scaling seamlessly as your business expands. X-Cart knows that no two businesses are the same, so your eCommerce platform should adjust to fit your business, not the other way around.

X-Cart
2001
Ulyanovsk, Russia
@x_cart

X-Cart Screenshots

X-Cart Reviews

Showing 40 X-Cart reviews
Already have X-Cart?
What do you like best?

I have been using X-Cart 4 for over 10 years. Once the features are defined it works like charm. In my case it was very important to be able to hide prices for certain categories, or brands of products since some of those products can only be sold to authorized resellers. With X-cart we were able to accomplish that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From the programming, or customization side you need to have a good knowledge of the different programming languages, and tools. I always hire somebody that knows the platform if we need to do any updates or modifications. For a regular person X-Cart 4 could be a little overwhelming to modify to your liking. It is my understanding that X-Cart 5 addresses many of my concerns, but I have not decided yet to upgrade to that version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My resellers can login, and confirm their pricing levels from anywhere. Many other customers just go to the site, and place their orders if it is a product that is not regulated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Raul!

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on G2. It's always great to hear from our most loyal customers.

Your project seems like an interesting one, and quite unique. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns about upgrading to X-Cart 5 with your project manager or just by following the link below and filling out a simple form. We aren't forcing anyone to move to X-Cart 5, but it might suit your needs even better than X-Cart 4. I am sure you will be able to work out a process together with your project manager.

Please let us know if any questions occur. Thanks again for choosing us!

See how X-Cart improved
What do you like best?

In 2018 I compared the X-Cart platform to Magento, Shopify, and several others. The final reason for choosing X-cart was the reviews of their tech support team. I will happily admit all companies have problems but the difference is X-Cart cares and responds like an online company should. Don't take my word for this, go research it for yourself, look at the customer service reviews, and determine what matters most to your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about X-Cart is the 3rd party integrations. They have tons of new ones coming on board weekly but it's super annoying when I need to integrate with another company only to hear the other company say "we can connect with Shopify or Magento." Thank goodness for the developer network at X-cart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! I did two years ago and have been very happy with the service and platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a B2B company using X-cart we are solving order entry problems by allowing our trade customers the flexibility of creating an online order at their convenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Dave,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the good words about X-Cart, and thank you even more for being a loyal customer for over two years!

We are constantly working to deliver new integrations and to improve the existing ones. Please feel free to contact us any time and let us help you with the third-party integrations issues. We will do our best to make them work as you need or else, customise them to fit your unique needs.

Thank you for trusting us with your business!

What do you like best?

There seems to be no obstacles with X-Cart. I am always able to get the work done that I want to. There is a great X-Cart community that provides plenty of value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the updates are problematic, however support is very helpful and I have never had an outage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give X-Cart a try and I am sure you will find that it is a full powered platform with a great community behind it. The openness of the product gives it unlimited power combined with the Marketplace offerings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a product that I did not have to be a programmer to use. By using X-Cart I have increased sales. It provides an excellent connection to third party products for integration into X-Cart giving to me the features that make my online store competitive in the marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Spencer, for your feedback! We are glad that we are able to deliver the service that you need. Good to hear you've increased sales, and I wish they grow even more!

I'm sure you know, but I want to remind once again that you are always welcome to contact us with any questions or issues. Our support team is online 24/7.

Thanks!

What do you like best?

I like the ability to edit my website relatively easily and add products quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that google shopping metrics are not done with subscription and require additional payments for ad hoc coding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a solid e-commerce platform with great potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems are not being solved due to additional payments being required. From a business perspective, these are put off and alternative approaches are done to offset unresolved matters. Eg., not being able to list products in google shopping feeds due to not having coding that google requires to identify product details. The lack of not being able to have these options are potential missed sales that could generate revenue to fund investing in upgrading website and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Sean,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value your opinion and work to meet the high standards. Please feel free to always come to us if you need help or have questions.

I have additionally shared your comment about Google Shopping with our development team, and we will consider adjusting what functionality we provide to meet our customers needs. Thank you.

What do you like best?

The customer service team at X-Cart is amazing. I always get an answer in a timely manner and they always know the answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is NOTHING that I dislike about X-Cart. If I had to say something, I guess it is the time difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have helped with all aspects of my website. I have them upgrade the site to the newest version every year so it works flawlessly. The have helped with integrating a QuickBooks export program and it makes my life so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Doug, for your kind words! We appreciate your loyalty. Feel free to always contact us with any questions or concerns and here's to a long and fruitful partnership!

Senior Full Stack Developer
What do you like best?

The ability to get several on-demand plugins from their market place, some even free, others with bound to happen over the years "sales". It does what is intended for and saved me a lot of development costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The previous versions (after the classic 4) of 5.4 was unstable but now its much better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it if you need more plugins with affordable price. If you can do with the free version only you must get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application of discounts, backups, affiliates and much more have saved my backside numerous times. It allowed me to redeploy faster than before in other e-commerce platforms, I can use in my own AWS EC2 instance without memory issues or broken code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Pedro, for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate the loyal customers like you, who has been with our company through two major products. I hope you will continue to find our software and services a suitable tool for your business.

What do you like best?

With X-Cart you can easily create your own online shop. The program takes some time to get used to, but then it works perfectly and is easy to use. You can adapt it to your own needs and so it reflects your companies image. Customers love it and it looks very professional. They support all my payment providers of choice which is also really important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some changes and personalisations I couldn't do myself, a specialist had to do that. otherwiste there is nothing else to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

X-cart is ideal for creating your own online shop so as not to become dependent on amazon and co. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creation and maintenance of an online shop to pick up customers on a professional level. We decided to do this because the current pandemic meant that the physical shop had to remain closed. Therefore we were still able to generate sales and will continue to use the shop in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Edward!

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on G2, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad that having an online store has been helping your business through the pandemic and hope that we will continue to work together in the long run.

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, our Customer Care team is online 24/7.

Here's to a long and fruitful partnership!

What do you like best?

X-cart was simple to implement, has an easy administrative interface and back end support is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system has limited "out of the box" reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer invoicing and communication is simple and effective. Easy of bulk updating of product information is fantastic and the ability to add on components through the menu system is great. Out of the box the store software is great but with the ability to add on modules if needed makes this choice fantastic for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Doug, for taking the time to review us here! We appreciate you giving us the highest score, and we work to deliver the best service possible.

As you reasonable mentioned, X-Cart can easily be extended with more add-ons and integrations, including those for reporting.

I have also taken your feedback on out-of-the-box reporting tools to the system developers for consideration. Thank you!

What do you like best?

Its interface is quite modern and attractive to the eye, personally it has been helping me with the creation of my virtual business in a quite simple and practical way since it has several templates at its disposal, where it is only a matter of modifying a few details and my store was ready to be published, their customer service team is quite receptive, efficient and effective when it comes to solving any type of problem that may arise, in my case it was a slight problem with some templates and I resolved to my satisfaction immediately, which made me love them from the start Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I consider it a shame that X-Cart has templates that are not according to modern times (according to my criteria), however in my case to solve this problem I contacted the customer service team and they made some modifications , so if at any time you have a problem with the templates, do not hesitate to contact them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me it turned out to be of great help when wanting to migrate my store from offline to online, since in a few steps it allows you to configure everything you need in a fairly simple way to create your virtual store from scratch, in such a way So that you can start generating income in this way without any inconvenience, in general terms I consider that it is a quite useful tool in that sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Kacy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! You are right, our Customer Service team is always there when you need them.

I'm glad that you like the updated interface and find it efficient. As for the templates, I'm sure our in-house design team can tweak them to your liking, for X-Cart is very customizable. They can also develop a unique design from scratch or based off your sketch if you like. Feel free to contact us for a consultation.

Thank you for being a loyal customer!

What do you like best?

You will find xcart has the tools and weasels plus it have the team to prove it. Webhosting - great team , tech support -good team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They charge for everything i mean everything. They do work hard but everything will be charge in all case. Upgrades - modules -even in services that come with business licenses. I mean Everything.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use xcart for online store the store is great any problem they fix it we still here with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Carlos, for your feedback!

We are glad that you find the software and the team the right choice for your business. We work to deliver more and more features as the core functionality with every upgrade, and we are always here if you need a custom functionality or service.

Thank you for being with us!

Founder
What do you like best?

Customer services have improved a lot in recent months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've used xcart software for years. Software is solid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great but make sure you have support in case you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cuts down on maintenance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you, Kevin! We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to always contact us with any questions or concerns.

Owner/Circuit designer
What do you like best?

v4 is easy to customize and modify to our business model. It supports a ton of payment methods and stays current with the latest server updates. v5 is automated and clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

v4 updating takes some time and testing. v5 updating is automated but sometimes breaks a feature and v5 charges more for tiny add-ons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we sell a lot of items that have sizes and color or options to the product variants allow us to make anything available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Doug,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on X-Cart, we appreciate your time!

We are constantly working to deliver more features for v5 as core functionality, and also improve the upgrade process with every new release. Feel free to always check the release notes that come with the new versions for updated functionality, and do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team with any questions or suggestions.

We appreciate your loyalty!

CA
What do you like best?

Very flexible with fully customizable templates allows the site to stand out from the typical cookie cutter layouts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to manually patch the software when updates are released Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure the built in features are sufficient for your needs or browse the many plugins available. Otherwise customizations are possible with PHP and Smarty Template knowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vast array of products can be offered for sale including some which attract a special charge for freight handling (dangerous goods) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for choosing X-Cart for your special business!

Please always feel free to let us know if upgrade breaks anything. We are working to improve the upgrade process with every version and always appreciate feedback.

Founder & Equity Trader
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product and the constant updates and customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it you will not regret it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flexible shopping cart and shipping integrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello Vadim!

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that X-Cart checks all the right boxes for your business, and we are blessed to have loyal customers who use our services for 10 years. Here's to 10 more!

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use and how you get email notifications upon orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you have to know coding in order to change simple things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Older software my website designer recommends making a switch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Xcart allows me to take online orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you find X-Cart easy to use and that it meets your business needs.

One of X-Cart's advantages is that it fits both developers and merchants without any coding skills. X-Cart Enterprise has a modular architecture, where most of new features and integrations are added in a couple of clicks, like a plug-in. And you can always contact our experts for a unique functionality or design, and customer service with any questions on the existing functionality. We are available 24/7, so please feel free to get in touch!

Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

What do you like best?

Lots of features and the ability to self host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new payment subscription module means that X-Cart is no different to anything else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak to Lumino Internet first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to develop our own custom modules for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Thank you for your honest feedback! Please feel free to always contact us with any questions or concerns.

AE
What do you like best?

I've been using X-Cart for years and love that new features are always being added. The support staff is fantastic, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having so many features can be a negative at times. The learning curve is a bit longer than most other carts I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great way to get products in front of prospective buyers in a clear, concise manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it. Yes, our support team is fantastic! :)

You are right, there might be a longer learning curve with X-Cart. This is why we think it's important to have a team of experts who is always there to guide and coach you through the onboarding process and beyond. Here's to a long and fruitful partnership!

AA
What do you like best?

Xcart's undivided attention for custom projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration compatibility & long term upgradability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent choice for those looking to build a very customized cart that can handle features not available anywhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All ecommerce front/back end related issues. The benefits are that they have limitations on what the platform can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nastya Zhavoronkova of X-Cart

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is the loyal customers like you that keeps us working to deliver the best customer service possible and to improve our product and services!

Thank you for trusting X-Cart!

PHP Developer
What do you like best?

Easy to implement and is a new type of plugin with all the features already present Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No room for customization some time must be more customization friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am implementing ready to go stores for eCommerce and generating revenue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer
What do you like best?

Open Source and good for development with we can develop our custom module in X-Cart easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

default layout X-cart is not much appealing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm freelancer and did work in X-Cart but right away don't have things in my mind.

btw I work in X-Cart per client requirement.

About benefits not sure what to say about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

businessman
Research
What do you like best?

I started on X-cart fumbling through it, I have gradual begun to recognize how good a platform it is. SEO SEO SEO if you are into e-commerce SEO is everything and XCART does it best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing why complain about going from 0 (unranked) to killing competitors. Seriously I do not even have a blog yet am sitting all over the top of google.

Spend the money and the time and X cart will do this for you too.. ( I hope my competitors do not read this and in that case please do not use x cart and leave all the business for me) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SALES SALES SALES I almost feel sorry for the competition those poor bastards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Of Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

I found it robust and scalable, performance also good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found nothing as such, found it fulfilled expectation for everyone need to go for setting up ecommerce store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

many customers demand x-cart to use for development their web store and as per performance we also suggest it to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Laravel ( Developer )
What do you like best?

The knowledge about a new business is helpful from x-cart Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike but if you visit this website its awesome Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's so wonderful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits I realized are it's a best website to help a new business mind to start a new business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

webmaster
What do you like best?

I am just about finished setting up X-Cart 5 and I this version is PCI/DSS compliant using our Authorize.Net account with the Accept.js module which I set up and works in testing. Our current Authorize.Net credit card processing using AIM in X-Cart 4 (4.3.1) apparently is non-complaint with Authorize.Net AIM.

I have used X-Cart 4 since 2003, probably one of the company's earliest customers!! It worked well for our small non-profit organization to sell memberships and some books and other items or convention meets.

The new version will save us money on credit card processing and is even more graphically pleasing, and can be modified easily with different look and feel.

I am still testing and updating the pages, but should make this new version live in one to two weeks, replacing our old X-Cart 4 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A slightly harder learning curve to set up, but once I got familiar with it in a few days, it's fairly easy to add products and services, and enhance products with additional images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

X-Cart has a fairly steep learning curve, but after a little studying, it is fairly easier to set up, and much better than X-Cart 4. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mostly use this to sign up memberships in our association using Authorize.Net as our credit card processor. The Accept.js plugin handles the processing to Authorize.net securely and with full PCI/DSS compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

X-Cart customer service is excellent and they are extremely responsive. We had a custom website developed, but we still needed it to be able to interface with all of their modules. The engineers were very friendly and they worked hard to implement all of the custom details for our website. Upgrading our website is very easy because there is a module for almost anything you can possibly want. All you have to do is install it and the option immediately starts working on the website. I would definitely recommend X-Cart and will continue to use them on our next website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a custom website, so some of the modules that are created by third party companies sometimes require additional engineer support to properly install. Also, we ran into an issue with our ShipStation module not being compatible with the newest X-Cart version we were running. This was not X-Cart's fault, but the ShipStation module was not current with the X-Cart version, which caused some minor issues with importing and exporting order information for shipments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

X-Cart easily integrates with eBay and Amazon and allows you to export items from your listings to their platforms. We've been able to expand our customer reach and increase sales while not having to manage inventories on three different platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for X-Cart?