X-Cart

Shopping cart software that powers tens thousands online checkouts worldwide.

Work for X-Cart?

Learning about X-Cart?

Compare X-Cart to Similar Solutions

X-Cart Reviews

Ask X-Cart a Question
Showing 17 X-Cart reviews
X-Cart review by Lewis S.
Lewis S.

"X-Cart 5 is a huge improvement over earlier versions"

What do you like best?

I am just about finished setting up X-Cart 5 and I this version is PCI/DSS compliant using our Authorize.Net account with the Accept.js module which I set up and works in testing. Our current Authorize.Net credit card processing using AIM in X-Cart 4 (4.3.1) apparently is non-complaint with Authorize.Net AIM.

I have used X-Cart 4 since 2003, probably one of the company's earliest customers!! It worked well for our small non-profit organization to sell memberships and some books and other items or convention meets.

The new version will save us money on credit card processing and is even more graphically pleasing, and can be modified easily with different look and feel.

I am still testing and updating the pages, but should make this new version live in one to two weeks, replacing our old X-Cart 4

What do you dislike?

A slightly harder learning curve to set up, but once I got familiar with it in a few days, it's fairly easy to add products and services, and enhance products with additional images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

X-Cart has a fairly steep learning curve, but after a little studying, it is fairly easier to set up, and much better than X-Cart 4.

We mostly use this to sign up memberships in our association using Authorize.Net as our credit card processor. The Accept.js plugin handles the processing to Authorize.net securely and with full PCI/DSS compliance.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about X-Cart
X-Cart review by Administrator

"Excellent Platform with Easy to Install Modules"

What do you like best?

X-Cart customer service is excellent and they are extremely responsive. We had a custom website developed, but we still needed it to be able to interface with all of their modules. The engineers were very friendly and they worked hard to implement all of the custom details for our website. Upgrading our website is very easy because there is a module for almost anything you can possibly want. All you have to do is install it and the option immediately starts working on the website. I would definitely recommend X-Cart and will continue to use them on our next website.

What do you dislike?

We have a custom website, so some of the modules that are created by third party companies sometimes require additional engineer support to properly install. Also, we ran into an issue with our ShipStation module not being compatible with the newest X-Cart version we were running. This was not X-Cart's fault, but the ShipStation module was not current with the X-Cart version, which caused some minor issues with importing and exporting order information for shipments.

X-Cart easily integrates with eBay and Amazon and allows you to export items from your listings to their platforms. We've been able to expand our customer reach and increase sales while not having to manage inventories on three different platforms.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

X-Cart review by Administrator

"x-Cart is youe ONE-STOP for all your ecommerce needs!"

What do you like best?

I love how they update the platform with all the essential tools and features to keep it updated and fresh. I love the technical support aspect of the software as well. Always there when you need them. I also love how they offer different pricing options for different platforms to fit any budget.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limitations on the customizational features. Just not where it should be yet. I know this can change and that is why I am not going to say anything bad about it. With enough support, this too can change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a shot. They offer cloud services where you can do a month-to-month term where you can see if it fits your needs and expectations and if so, you can proveed to more long term licensing options for your business. It's a win/win and you have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain!

We use x-Cart for all of our website's ecommerce needs. There are many options out there but we feel that x-cart has surpassed our expectations with the features, pricing and support.

X-Cart review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Unfortunately we tried this product, fortunately we switched early."

What do you like best?

We really couldn't find a lot that we like about x-cart. It was difficult to learn, and the integrations only sort of worked.

What do you dislike?

It only sort of worked with the api integrations. It was difficult to navigate, and it felt a little clunky. We really needed a more user friendly shopping cart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking into other shopping carts. We've implemented and tried in order of preference Shopify, Big Commerce, WooCommerce, Magento, Salesforce, Magento 2, and the ones not even worth trying would be lemonstand, X-cart, and 3dCart,

We were trying to create a shopping cart integration to our website, but it ended up costing us money, and we switched anyway.

X-Cart review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Awesome online sales"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease this platform provides me. Other sites charge a fee for every transactions but there are NO fees with X-Cart and they have so much material already loaded into the systems!

What do you dislike?

The inability to send coupons that look like paper prints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you like easy? Do you like simple? THIS program is a dynamic choice for my little company.

Problems I am solving are the following: Identifying services clients prefer or don't use as much so I can capitalize on those strengths or improve the weaknesses. This gives me great insight into my cusomers' minds.

X-Cart review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best shopping cart for developers"

What do you like best?

X-cart is the best shopping cart. The code is open source. It is easy to modify the frontend and create custom modules. I love this shopping cart for custom solutions.

What do you dislike?

Code is not very well documented / commented. AlthoughIt, it has a very good structure very easy to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is for webmasters/developers who offer a solution to their clients. If you are the end user, I will recommend using another product.

Customers can sell online in few minutes. Very easy to customize.

X-Cart review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

I have only used Xcart shopping cart software. I like that our engineering team can build onto and customize it.

What do you dislike?

Xcart seems to be very buggy. Change one thing and it creates all sorts of random bugs that really mess with our sites.

This is our back end website interface so all of our website changes and updates go into Xcart.

X-Cart review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Easy to use, easily customized, stable eCommerce platform"

What do you like best?

X-Cart is a very stable and easily customizable eCommerce platform. There are many third party integrations, as well as out of the box features that are included. If there is something it is missing, it is easy to work with their development services to implement the change - and fairly reasonable pricing and timelines.

What do you dislike?

Third party developers are overseas. The time difference in hearing back from support. This can be troublesome if in the US and work a typical work week. Client must know to accommodate for this in timelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out all of the pieces you need in an eCommerce platform. Do you need bells and whistles? How many users will be working in the environment? Plans to evolve? Etc?

We needed an easy to use ecommerce platform that could be managed in house. We wanted the platform to offer features that are a necessity such as SEO friendly urls, product options, product configuration, and up sells / cross sells. We wanted the platform to be easily integrated with our email marketing solution as well.

X-Cart review by User in Computer Software

"X-Cart"

What do you like best?

Great experience using the product is the pearl in filed of e-commerce it has been a remarkable thing if you are findin something regarding shopping cart in php

The great thing is you can download it directly to your website on the go, although development is required

What do you dislike?

Nope i don't think so there is any thing to dislike so far

Easy integration more comfortable and beautiful solution

X-Cart review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great for developers, not so great for marketers"

What do you like best?

There is a ton of flexibility with the platform, and have found we can customize it to do just about whatever we want it to do. There do seem to be a lot of modules available to enhance the functionality that are relatively low cost.

What do you dislike?

There is no built in CMS, so there is no easy, controlled way for the marketing team to swap out ads or make changes on their own. Also, seemingly basic ecommerce features, like category filters are not available out of the gate, forcing you to either build functionality on your own, or purchase a module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make extra sure you have a developer on staff with extensive PHP experience, and preferably, one who is already familiar with the platform.

Gain market share by offering a unique experience. The functionality we've been able to build and implement into Xcart is helping us get there, and the flexibility Xcart offers is a critical component of this.

X-Cart review by Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"X-CART EXPERIENCE "

What do you like best?

As a Sales Executive, its extremely useful to see your customer's activities and what's in their cart.

What do you dislike?

Glitches when showing prices & discounts applied.

Seeing how many people sign up and being able to easily identify fake accounts.

X-Cart review by Fawzi B.
Fawzi B.

"my first e-commerce application"

What do you like best?

it was the most recommended with open source code. i was able to change a lot of the code to suite my needs.

What do you dislike?

for simple tasks i have to edit the code. i moved to cs-cart which is a fork of it

opening my first webstore!

X-Cart review by User

"Website Migration"

What do you like best?

. A fantastic service, keeping my website in top health.

No Hassle shift from one server to another.

What do you dislike?

There is no coffee machine with this program :D

Search engines seem to notice Xcart content and I'm receiving more traffic since the switch.

X-Cart review by Executive Sponsor in E-Learning
Executive Sponsor in E-Learning

"Simple solution to your e-commerce shopping cart"

What do you like best?

I like the design templates a lot. I like the fact that its open source, secure and has lot of community followership.

What do you dislike?

PHP. We are in .net space and would like to be in that.

Providing a cart to add different items that belong to different currencies.

X-Cart review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Platform needs updating"

What do you like best?

The interface and ease of use. Orders displayed in organized manner.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes very slow. If connection dies out or slows down loss of data occurs.

Freezes up and erases data. Easy to use, but needs a lot of work. Would like better technical support.

"Smooth installation"

What do you like best?

Very helpful, professional and friendly staff.

What do you dislike?

Some features needed to be custom developped for our location; i.e. no shipping methods available applicable to our location.

E-commerce!

X-Cart review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Light and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Better than average SEO

One click upgrading

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's great lightweight software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap if you want to succeed.

Speed and efficiency was a major problem prior

Learning about X-Cart?

* We monitor all X-Cart reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare X-Cart to Similar Solutions