Stamps.com Reviews & Product Details

Stamps.com Overview

What is Stamps.com?

With Stamps.com, anything you can do at the Post Office you can do right from your desk… 24/7. No waiting in line. No traffic. No more wasting valuable time you could be using to grow your business. Just print your postage, stick it to your mail and your mail carrier will pick it up for free.

Stamps.com Details

Online postage and mailing provider

Stamps.com

Stamps.com Screenshots

Stamps.com Reviews

Showing 65 Stamps.com reviews
Already have Stamps.com?
What do you like best?

I like how easy is is to search up a past transaction and find out detailed information about when it was shipped out and with what type of package, etc. It is really convenient when a customer calls in asking about their package and when it might arrive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble if an address doesn't quite match up. Instead of fixing the issue and adjusting to the format of the address that will ship, I am prompted with an error code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our shipment tracking and improving communication with our customers during this Covid-19 pandemic. Stamps has allowed us to give our customers an ease of mind during this time, knowing their package is on the way. Stamps also allows us to get the best rates possible with our preferred carriers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For years I used USPS.com to print labels and do mailing. This had a lot of drawbacks, particularly the fact that I couldn't do media mail or first class mail. Years ago USPS used to give discounts buying online but they discontinued that. I have looked at Stamps.com for a while and always hesitated because they have an annual fee, which I was opposed to paying. Now that we are in the environment that it's not particularly safe to go to the post office I signed up and I was a fool for not doing it years earlier. It is easy to use (takes about half the time of the antiquated USPS system) and it paid for itself in less than a month. Best of all I don't have to make trips to the post office anymore. I tried to give first class and media mail to my postman but he said that they won't take anything over 13 ounces unless it has electronic postage on it. If you mail more than 5 package a month this is a no brainer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the user interface takes some getting used to but otherwise no real dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No more trips to the post office and am saving money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Stamps.com
Bug N.
BN
UL
What do you like best?

I like that you can print multiple labels at a time and that it can print certified mail labels too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to reprint a label without incurring another charge if you accidentally stick the label on wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's so much easier to use Stamps.com instead of having to weigh your mail and calculate the number of stamps you need. Also, it makes certified mailing so much easier so that I don't have to make a trip to the post office. It's a time saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
What do you like best?

Ease of printing postage at home & customizable stamps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need a version for MAC! I have to borrow my kid's laptop every time I want to print any postage!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a PC you can use it on. You can not print correctly even from the website on a MAC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves money and avoiding lines at the post office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Stamps.com allows me to have as many stamps as I need for my business. The money is taken out of my bank account and I can print stamps right at my desk. I can print envelopes with the stamp right on it and the name and address of the person I am mailing it to. It is super efficient and saves a lot of time buying stamps at the post office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could print out international stamps. You can print labels, but not tiny stamps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run a business office, you need Stamps. com, it saves so much time and money by being able to print stamped envelopes and stamps yourself. You can even weigh your mail and have an accurate price for the envelope so the mail never gets sent back for not having enough postage. Would highly recommend this product if you mail a lot of items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stamps.com allows me to print stamps when I need them and saves me time by not going to the post office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
What do you like best?

Stamps.com is the fast and easy alternative to purchasing stamps compared to the traditional route of having to go out and purchase stamps at the post office. I like having the convenience of being able to print out my stamps at home whenever I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the postage amount if off when inputting your own weight of a package or envelope and so my advice would to estimate a little higher than what the actual weight is. Doing so does result in an increase of postage fees which adds up in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering stamps.com, i would advise you to give a trial run. It is very user friendly with a simple interface that allows for easy navigation. It is also possible to integrate stamps.com into software or hosting servers you are currently using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stamps.com allows me to easily purchase stamps from home by simply loading a sheet of empty stamps label and printing them out. Each label comes with a unique code you can input into the system. This allows for the program to remember how many empty labels are left in your sheet so you can print from where you left off last. I like the advanced integration where it allows you to choose from how many stamps to you want to printing out the entire sheet. Stamps.com stays updated with current postage rates and will reflect based on your mailing zip code. For simpler items such as first class mail, stamps.com is the way to. In the event your postage was printed in error or incorrectly, stamps.com allows for you to correct that error by reimbursing you for the fees associated with those stamps and reprinting new postage all within seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

Stamps.com is absolutely foolproof. It makes mailing a large volume of documents totally painless. I had to mail a document to a client in Mexico which at the Post Office would have been so time consuming and painful and with Stamps.com, I would fill out the correct customs form and print my envelope in just a few minutes. It takes the guess work out of mailing things properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to print envelopes after 5 PM and have the envelope not be dates for the next day. Also, sometimes my software glitches and my contacts don't autoload so I have to type out their full address. Not sure if that is an issue with anyone else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't even think twice about if you should download Stamps.com. It saves so much time and energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stamps.com saves SO much time not having to wait in line at the post office for every piece of mail my firm sends out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Design
What do you like best?

I liked that I could ship to my military customers that are overseas using APO or AE addresses (military bases) and have the customs for all filled out and printed right on the shipping label. There was no need to go to post office at all. After I was done getting my packages together I would just have the mail carrier come and pick up packages off my porch. No trips to post office were ever needed! They gave you a free scale to start off with and some free postage (although I never printed mine out), you just had to pay for shipping I believe (like $10) but that was worth the scale price to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the damn monthly charge. $15 or $16 a month to use a service that other companies (paypal) let you use for free, with the same savings advantage. Some months I didn't use the service, but yet I still had to pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you don't mind paying a monthly fee then this isn't bad. I just don't ship to enough people overseas to warrant keeping them for the ease of shipping to my abroad clients. I don't mind the occasional trip to the post office to fill out the customs forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

nothing. I stopped using this service last year and switched companies for all my shipping needs. It only does one thing different than the company I now use (that doesn't charge me) that I can tell. And I don't use that service enough to warrant paying for a service that I didn't need to be paying for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I have stamps set up with an integration into my WordPress website. It's really nice to be able to import orders directly into the shipping software with one click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is Antiquated, and customer service / technical support seems to be a bit few and far between. For as many companies as I imagine use this shipping solution, I would expect there to be more public information when issues arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very diverse and easy-to-use shipping platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It definitely normalizes my workflow. Being able to import my orders directly from my website into my shipping platform takes a lot of steps out of the equation. Easily choosing shipping classes, and even being able to assign shipping classes to certain types of orders, makes my life really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love that Stamps.com allows me to print postage on demand in any size or quanitity that I may need. Before Stamps.com, we would have to go to the post office or some other retailer to get stamps which takes much more time and creates recurring work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wihs that in certain circumstances, Stamps.com would be a little more clear and user friendly. For example, sometimes it is quite difficult to get stamps.com to realize that you are using a new sheet for stamps if you previously did not print the entire sheet. Stamps.com will keep a row of stamps grayed out even though I want to print on them. I then have to click on the stamps so they will print there, but it remains grayed out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stamps.com allows us to be much more efficient and avoid trips to the post office or other stamp retailer. It is also efficient to be able to charge the stamps to separate accounts for different cases we are workign on so that the associated fees may be billed to the client accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to print out stamps and that I can skip the post office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The account set up took awhile, but it’s a breeze afterward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s made work more efficient and allowed us to save time/mileage to the post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin
What do you like best?

They send you a free scale and automatically calculate the cost of stamps for you. They also have a store for purchasing supplies integrated into the system interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything really. This system is pretty simple and easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great software to use for day to day mailings in small businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can print our own stamps at the office and no longer need to make trips to the post office for supplies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can print labels that I need and track things over months as needed! So convenient!

I am removing all of my reviews because I feel like G2 is using people and lying in their emails. They are constantly emailing and frustrating people who are busy and then if you bother to give them review after they send you an email saying you will get a gift card or some reward they then send you an email saying that you do not qualify but then send you another email saying they will give you a gift card if you give them a review, and that is not true. If they were honest and did not send me these emails claiming to offer gift cards or rewards and just asked me instead of sending me emails saying no gift cards for me but then turn around and send me another email saying the say BS and try to use me, then I would not be bothered. Ask for a review without making promises that are lies! Just be honest! Do not lie to people, I hate that! Be upfront, not using bad marketing, and bait and switch tactics! And giving people no ability to delete the reviews you posted is also wrong. You are not being honest and it is enough. Be ethical! If you want to ask me for a review just ask but sending me BS and then an email explaining it is BS and then another BS email makes me feel like you are horrible people willing to lie cheat and steal! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It updates often. That can be frustrating but overall it is easy to use. You simply request a reprint if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is super useful, the only thing to remember is that you have to have a scale.

I can almost completely avoid the post office with this! Makes my life so much easier with shipping things for work.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I love being able to get the shipping quotes fast and easy and being able to track them in the history tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to using stamps is once in a while I will fill out an entire customer address and realize that it's international and i'll have to erase and bring that info into the international tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the ability to create customs forms when shipping internationally. Its very easy and time saving! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to get shipping rate for U.S shipments as well as international. We've realized international shipments are usually cheaper through USPS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Services Specialist
Education Management
What do you like best?

Printing labels for large packages is more convenient than waiting in line at the post office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

International mailing is more difficult through the software because you’re unsure if it meets all the requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should use it if you have a business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes work more efficient and convenient to be able to do all your mailing needs in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Stamps.com provides quick printing of stamps as well as stamps for certified mailings and even for larger packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is that the stamp is not dated and in the legal field that is a bit of an issue when trying to get documents out in time with a date on the stamp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add dates to the stamps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a small space to work in so it’s great to simply place the stamps in the printer and select the weight and amount of stamps to be printed as opposed to using a stamp machine for every envelope. I can also easily replenish our funds to be able to use stamps immediately when we are out instead of running to the store to buy more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Integration into Shopify makes printing the labels for our orders for the day very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited default shipping options for our common sized packages / envelopes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth trying out - easy to get started and use. They offered a free small scale too which was helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single account for postage costs, labels on demand - easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Easy to access, order and print stamps. Occasionally, there are problems with our printer and the print comes out wrong, but stamps.com allows a free re-print of stamps after an error. Extremely convenient to add funds to the account in order to purchase more stamps, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not encountered any problems yet. Anything that I feel like I could complain about feels like I should just be buying regular stamps in that case. Amazing service - no dislikes/no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're tired of never having stamps, do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to print stamps at any time for any amount is invaluable as a time saving office resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

stamps.com is extremely easy to follow/understand once you've tried it a few times. I love the features and it makes sending mail "fun". I know that sounds lame, but it's so easy, anyone can do it! I also appreciate the free mailing supplies that I can orders straight from the software app. It is very convenient. Everything I need is in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We charge customers for large postage amounts but it is not easy to find stamp purchase history with all the detail of the purchase (i/e delivery address, amount, weight/type of envelope, etc.) in one place; I'd like to be able to print off a detailed invoice to put in our clients' files.

Also, the "app" is very slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do not have much mailing knowledge. We send out tons of documents by mail on a daily basis and it is very important that we pay the correct postage amount. Stamps.com makes sure that we are accurately stamping our mail and I'm always confident that it will get to its destination in an efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notary Public
What do you like best?

I like being about to weight and stamp envelopes and packages from the office, so that I am not making multiple trips across town to the post office each day. It's great when you have a lot of envelopes that need to be labeled and stamped, it saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to print on larger envelopes, it's almost like a guessing game on which envelope option will fit your envelope. I also dislike how easily my scale ends up off, and will say something like "-0.4oz". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend stamps.com for any business that sends out a fair amount of mail. It cuts mailing prep time down a lot! It's a great help when sending out a large number of envelopes at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With using stamps.com I am able to label, stamp and send out mail directly from my office. The post office is on the other side of town, therefore it is saving on the amount of gas I am using since it makes for less trips to the post office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Claims Analyst
Insurance
What do you like best?

I did not use the service. It seems it was set up using an old email address. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service reps are not knowledgeable or friendly or helpfuls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not!!!

I found out that a stamps.com account had been set up under a very old email when I was charged on a credit card for the services. I tried to log on to Stamps.com and cancel the account but all the answers to the questions that were provided to stamps .com did not match the correct answers.

I called Stamps.com on 9-7-18. My account was charges on 9-6-18. The girl I spoke to was unable to find the account using my name or my current email address. She was able to locate an account under the old email address. I explained the situation to her and advised I had not set up the account. The girl verified the account had only been used to print the first 9 free stamps and there was 77 cents still showing available. I requested she cancel the account and refund the money that was charged since I did not set up the account. The account was set up using incorrect information. She agreed to close the account, waive the monthly fee and refund the 15.99 that had been charged.

Well today the 15.99 was still not refunded. I called back. Oh wow. I am shocked and ashamed of the customer service that was provided. I spoke to Christine and lets just say that she is one of the worst customer service reps I have ever spoken to. That says a lot since I am a customer service manager for a large insurance company. She was unhelpful, she talked over me, got loud when I didn’t agree with what she was saying, refused to believe the previous person told me they would refund the fees, kept repeating the same thing over by explaining how stamps.com bills the month after the month is done. She told me that I was billed on 9-6-18 for the month previous. She then told me I needed to go to my bank to dispute the charges to get my money back 4 times. WOW!!! It’s only 15.99 and I have spoken with my bank and my cards have been reissued but I can tell you that not only will I never use stamps.com, as a legitimate customer, due to this experience but pray that someone quality monitors the call so they can get this little girl some serious training.

I hope that someone from stamps.com reads this because if that is the type of person they have answering their phones and represents their company to the public. They have seri Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Relations
What do you like best?

I like that it shows you the cost ranges. I also like that the program can save addresses and contacts in an address book so you don't have to constantly waste your time searching for shipping addresses. Its all saved right there for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that there is anything that I do not like about Stamps.com. It is so convenient and easy to use. I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save yourself time and use Stamps.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What I like best is that stamps.com eliminates the process of having to make an extra trip to the post office for stamps. Overall, that helps cut down time and helps with productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Retail
What do you like best?

The convience is the main thing. I dont have to go to the post office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reprinting a label ( that messed up) is difficult and i have to refund the old and just print a new Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make reprinting easier to use. Having to refund the old and make a new label is a pain Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i can print all my shipping labels so easily with the proper postage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can count on a good price and fast printing when my day is going 100 miles an hour!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Stamps.com for over a year every business day and really can not find anything negative to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time saves my company money in hourly pay for my employees as well as the savings on postage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Stamps.com as a program takes out the need for a conventional post-office. I can print every source of postage from my desk, create monthly receipts, and reload my account funds without having to leave my desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could print priority mail on a stamp rather than switching between formatting types, but that's a minimal complaint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stamps.com is not only incredibly convenient, but if you ever need customer service their team is live and more than willing to sit with you until they solve whatever you're issue may be. If you've accidentally charged yourself for too much postage, you can file for an E-return, everything is simple! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving money by not having to pay for gas mileage to go to and from the post office. We save time and effort by utilizing everything that stamps.com has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Stamps.com?

Stamps.com Categories on G2