Volusion Reviews & Product Details

What is Volusion?

Online Store Builder, Website Store, Make Your Own Website using Shopping Cart Features by Volusion. When you build an online store with Volusion, the entire design, colors, graphics, look and feel of your website store can be exactly the way you want it.

Volusion Screenshots

Volusion Reviews

1-50 of 52 total Volusion reviews
Employee

"Great ecommerce product"

What do you like best?

The best the about this product is it creates an E-commerce site for you and it includes everything that you could possibly ever want or need for your business. Depending on the plan you get, it includes orders, products, categories to choose from, customers, pages, themes, and optional apps to add.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the product at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering using this for your business, I would say what are you waiting for? It is an incredible product that includes everything you need for your E-commerce business. It truly is the one stop shop for anything that is necessary regarding building a website, handling orders, payment, fulfillment, packaging/handling, customer service, and additional apps we use. This website saves you money and is very easy to use because is it all in one place, a single product. It also provides the option to send email's to potential customers who have abandoned items in their cart, as a reminder to them which creates more sales. I love that Volusion takes care of all of our needs and there customer service is unmatched. They allow you to schedule phone calls with customer support agents who are skilled in E-commerce and can truly help you. You are not left to fend for yourself because there will always be someone to help you with any needs.

We are solving all of our business problems regarding order fulfillment, payment, shipping preparation, website design, customer service, and inventory with Volusion.

Marketing Director

"Pretty good software with a few technical difficulties"

What do you like best?

I like that you can search by order number. A lot of times we have customers call in about a return or a replacement product and it can be difficult to search by name. When you search by order number it brings up the correct for immediately.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform can be a little glitchy. The page doesn't always respond to a click or will sometimes just randomly log out during the middle of taking a phone order.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to get frustrated with the little glitches of Volusion, but if you are patient then it is a pretty decent software. You can edit products and website design pretty fast.

We use volusion for our retail sales. Anyone who places an order through our website goes through Volusion as well as anyone who calls in to place an order. The sales people in our office then go through the back-end to place the order. It is beneficial to pull a final report at the end of the day showing which products have sold and what the total is. This allows us to adjust inventory correctly each day as well as sales reports.

Director of Ecommerce
Consumer Goods

"Why would you waste your time and money?"

What do you like best?

Access to the database to use SQL for custom report writing.

What do you dislike?

-The platform is out-of-date

-Very few external integrations since they do not have a true API

-AMAZON doesn't work

-EBAY doesn't work

-Very little control of design other than templates

-NO B2B features

-Customer Service is AWFUL!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They haven’t updated their platform in 4 years. When they did finally release a “big update” it turned out only to be a facelift of the admin that thousands of their customers complained about. It created dozens of bugs and made your typical workflow for processing an order take 2x as long. The viewable (usable) space was reduced by over 20%, making it hard to data when looking at the products table/page and orders table/page.

See, the biggest problem with Volusion is IF/WHEN they make changes, they don’t speak with their customers. It is as if they think they are smarter than everyone and know what everyone wants.

Another example was their “NEW” PayPal integration. They finally made it to where a customer could see Pay with PayPal on the checkout page rather than only the shopping cart page. The problem is, they force their customers to default to PayPal and make checking out with Credit Card very hard to see. Nothing CSS can’t fix though, right? WRONG! They will not allow you access to change it.

Couple other issues:

Their AMAZON “integration” goes down weekly and at one point, last year didn’t work for months.

Their EBAY “integration” still doesn’t update tracking#’s (bug they have been working on for 3+ years.) and is currently completely down. They refuse to fix it, because they are in a code freeze for the holidays…Guess their customers don’t need to sell on EBAY.

After waiting for years of unfulfilled promises, we are finally jumping ship. I’d highly recommend going with a platform that cares about their customers, not just the all mighty $$$.

It gives us a store front, but we are WAY behind the times currently because of their platform.

AI

"Not as advanced as they'd like to think"

What do you like best?

I'd love to say that I like everything about this company. However, that is not the case.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service for enterprise level companies is horrible. They recently changed payment plans and offered UNLIMITED bandwidth - I was never notified of this option. If you use V1, you will have tons of issues with site performance and speed. They do not leverage browser cache expiry dates so your website will continue to score poorly with Google PageSpeed. You will not have total access to your site/domain. You will not be able to create custom URLs using Volusion. There are so many other issues that I don't have the time to list them all. If this is a choice for your company, I would keep looking or at least create a demo store to see if the limitations are something your company can live with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Complete a demo before signing any contract! Open a trial store and play with it before making a decision.

None at this point. Volusion is simply providing an ecommerce platform for our company.

Information Technology Specialist
Information Services

"Volusion eCommerce, Better Option"

What do you like best?

The software can be accessed using any device. You can go through the entire dashboard using a mobile phone. It has a good mobile feature where customers can directly call you to order an item directly and instantly.

It is easy to use, no challenges in navigating through the pages and have an attractive user interface. Adding new products is very easy.

Excellent customer support

you can sell in Amazon, Facebook and other social media platforms.

Except popular online payment methods such paypal etc

What do you dislike?

I get it difficult to understand their fee structure.

Use of premium templates can be quite expensive as some go as high as $700

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Volusion eCommerce for your online business this year, You will not be disappointed.

I use this to build an online store for my dropshipping business. Selling, keeping my online inventory and buy orders from here.

(Myself Only)

"Not Great At all"

What do you like best?

Presently, I do not enjoy anything the site has to offer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike many things about this as a storefront. In the beginning, I enjoyed how their customer service would call you and made it appear personalized. However, I was told I would get a manager for my store, I agreed to this plan as I was told a manager could help set up my account. I was told the manager could help me set up payment gateways, help with communication with drop-shippers, help set up items on the store and with item descriptions, and website format. I asked if the plan could be downgraded once the month was up, and the individual who I spoke with on the phone said they would leave a note. However, evidently, a note was not left on my account, as I have been charged $187.00 to my bank account for the past few months I have had Volusion. Further, the plan is $187 Canadian I signed up for the Premium135 plan. I have little experience with e-commerce, so I believed I needed the help of a manager. The manager did NOTHING it has been three months, and I needed help with setting up a payment gateway, I needed help with contacting drop-shippers and when I asked her what to do she told me to use Oberlo (which I have only heard negative things about), I needed some help designing my website, and the "manager" throughout these three months did nothing to help me. However, she kept emailing me about indicating that if I needed help to just contact her. However, each time I contacted her she failed to do anything I needed help with. At one point she changed the size of an image on my website (without my permission) I had to call her to change it back to normal. It has been a hassle trying to set anything up with this website. The manager who was supposed to help me could also not help me with setting up a payment Gateway when I asked how to do this and which payment Gateway to use as I was having extreme trouble integrating one she just said to look at tutorials on their main section. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have not paid for the Premium135 plan and instead have gone with a smaller plan. However, they told me to go with the bigger plan to begin as they "would offer me more help." Basically, I have been paying (in Canadian dollars) $187 a month to NOT have my website set up, spend hours trying to figure out the navigation of their website, and be belittled and made to feel incapable of a manager who is supposed to help me. Further, the manager of my store will contact me daily now inquiring about when I will make my store "go live" always offering help, but when I need help she is incapable to give it (as previously mentioned). My website (after 3 months) IS STILL NOT LIVE. UPDATE, I have to wait until November 15 to cancel my account, so I have actually wasted $784 on my account and MY WEBSITE IS STILL NOT LIVE I HAVE MADE NO MONEY TO MAKE UP FOR THESE LOSES. It was error after error with this company, I would intend on spending 2 hours of business time doing something that resulted in 6 hours. When I asked for help and actually got it, I would then run into another error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a beginner do not use this platform. Customer service representatives push more expensive plans onto you and make you feel as though you should buy the more expensive plans. DO NOT go for the more expensive plans. EVER. This website may be fine if you are familiar with creating websites, but do not use this platform if you are a beginner.

I am cancelling my account as they helped me minimally, specifically, the manager who was supposed to help me did next to nothing.

Professor
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"comfortable web 2.0 ecommerce"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is thorough and the software was complete and straightforward to use. I can see where I can have people posting efficiently and reliably.Volusion is ecommerce posting software that makes it easy to connect with advertising and makes posting high volumes of items efficient and understandable. Personnel with any experience understand it and have no special problems with it.

What do you dislike?

I wanted better connections with manufacturers. Drop shippers listed were of the limited retail type. I really want detailed connections with manufacturers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a safe buy and will make life more convenient for the users.

We are working on connecting our analytics reports to activities such as volusion so as to enable a larger snapshot of kpi progress from social media audience assessment to advertising to clicks and conversions.

UD

"Volusion Review"

What do you like best?

I haven't used all of the features in Volusion yet, but what I have used is very handy. It's easy to navigate through all of the features and upload new products to an ecommerce website. You can also email all of your customers straight from Volusion instead of having to do it from a different email account; all the customers that buy from you or subscribe to your emails/newsletters are automatically logged and saved in Volusion. This makes emailing them that much easier.

What do you dislike?

Volusion seems to be a bit slow when navigating around our Products page. I don't know if this is due to the web browser we are using, or if it's just because it takes a while to upload products in the system. This is a bit annoying though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Volusion is a great website host and CRM platform. It is cheaper than some other CRM products and is easy to navigate through.

We are using Volusion to sell our business's products and reach out to the public more. This has really been helping us increase our revenue and name. We are also realizing that we can use Volusion to email our customers rather than using another program we are currently paying for. We will be using the Volusion email now.

UG

"Easy Shop Building"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool if you are looking to start selling goods online, but don't have a lot of technical knowledge, as far as building a website or managing html code goes. Using this, you're able to choose from a few different pre-made websites themes, ultimately giving you control over how you want your online shop to look. Then, you just plug in your own products and information.

What do you dislike?

For me, it was a little overpriced, and I was using the cheapest version for personal use, which currently costs $29.99 at a monthly rate. If you are someone who has a successful business or business idea, that could be a small price to pay for a clean and well organized shopping experience for your customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! They offer a free 14 day trial, which would give you plenty of time to test out their services and see if it's a good fit for you and your business.

This platform removes the middle man shopping sites that vendors often use - like eBay, or Etsy. If you are looking to step up your business and have your own web address to sell your products at, this is a great option that I would encourage everyone to at least try!

AR

"Volusion Customer Log-in and Password Retrieval Issues Cost me $20,000.00 This Summer."

What do you like best?

Because of the horrible experience that I had with customer complaints over logins I really can't see beyond to tell you anything that I "like best". The rest of it is adequate - I think my site looks good - but there isn't anything that I am really thrilled about over the previous Joomla/Cart 32 site that I had. Most of the "bells and whistles" that made me sign up for it are not really up to par. Abandoned cart and customer review emails don't let you edit subject line and that reduces email opens and responses. Quickbooks integration only works with some versions of Quickbooks. I've been disappointed at every turn.

What do you dislike?

When a customer does not remember password and tries to retrieve it "cache" issues in their browsers will keep returning the same page to them. This doesn't happen to me when I retrieve passwords on other sites - why with Volusion. Then if they do get through and try to reset to their favorite password or a previous password the screen keeps reloading. It doesn't tell them they can't use a previous password - it just doesn't go anywhere. Beyond that many customers just could not seem to log in. If they tried they were told their user name and password were invalid, when they tried to create a new account it told them email was already in use, and when they tried to reset password they ran into issues above. An endless loop for some - and yet it was so sporadic it could only be recreated once under controlled conditions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apparently the parent company just sold off some product line or something and promise they will now be focusing on Volusion and making it better. Give them a bit to do so. In mean time if I had it in me to go through another replatform I would look at Shopify, Big Commerce or Magento or anybody.

So far its just caused me nightmares.

Senior Support Engineer

"An eCommerce Platform that competes reasonably well low-mid market"

What do you like best?

It has some good features for anyone with database experience, good querying ability for your data. Reasonably easy to access API and pretty good customization.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in innovation, everything is very old-school and there haven't been many changes in the last 3 years. Definitely one of the most out of date platforms I use. The API can also be misleading about what data should be pulled if you are using it for multiple applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an easy to query solution and don't mind the lack of innovation, its not bad, but there are a lot better in the same market space.

Its an ecommerce platform that we integrate with and use on behalf of our clients, not sure I'd use it otherwise.

"Build an e-commerce website with Volusion"

What do you like best?

With it's easy to use interface, it is very easy to get started building an e-commerce website with Volusion. Menu items are intuitive and easy to navigate. Useful knowledge articles are available when you get stuck.

What do you dislike?

Should have a better integration to ebay. The interface to select items to list on ebay could be further improved. For a large client who has thousands of products, having to go through each product or product category to select items is time consuming.

We build e-commerce websites for the Australian market. We have tried various e-commerce platforms and decided that Volusion is most suitable due to its ease of use interface.

Data Entry Operator

"Volusion "

What do you like best?

The best thing about this is if you have to. Manage particular kind of products then it becomes way simpler than other heavily coded products available though woo comerece and storefront are great but this is good in terms of sorting of orders of customers via filters

What do you dislike?

There are certain things like logging out unexpectedly which really is disturbing

Easier and quicker management of the products orders Partrime

CI

"Volusion is better at marketing their product than supporting it."

What do you like best?

That feeling you get when you are spinning up a new shopping cart and you think it will solve all of your problems.

What do you dislike?

The web-builder properties are as clunky as it gets. Some of the variables don't make sense, or don't work at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are going to be creating a single site and have the time to devote to continually fixing issues, then it might be a good alternative. However, the extras cost more than originally advertised. Poor ROI if you are trying to manage many sites.

It is an out of the box solution that manages everything from SSL certificates, to payment processing. However, the $3 per month commission for referring my clients takes years to actually receive.

Software Engineer
Insurance

"Great and user friendly chat platform"

What do you like best?

This is a highly useful tool that we have tried to use to help our live chat with our consumers and customers to be as efficient as possible. We've been able to increase our point of sale and direct users to the right resource.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit steep for Enterprise Plus, but it is useful. There isn't too much to dislike about the product since it has increased our customer interaction and made us aware of new opportunities for sales.

Increase the interaction between customers and ourselves to solve customer related field inquiries and questions. We have been able to decrease our incalls and better able to account for the number of customer interactions we have. This has increased our productivity.

Photographer
Design

"Not the best choice for small businesses"

What do you like best?

This program can be very powerful when a team is working on it and with a lot of funding

What do you dislike?

This requires extra money for everything. Not to mention complicated inventory systems and poor integration with 3rd party credit card processing company

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This can be useful to your business but may not solve your needs depending on the time and money you're willing to spend.

This is for an e commerce site for my small business

President

"Great but still immature"

What do you like best?

Being able to process orders as quickly as it allows via mobile is great!

What do you dislike?

It's a little bit pricy at times, especially for some of the higher end themes. Not always worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great alternative to more expensive major players

Being able to put together a professional look within hours is simply amazing, such a time and money saver. Makes everything efficient.

AH

"Great Service and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The website back end provides a lot of customization to the website. Support is quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

The API is very limited. There is a lot more that could be done, but due to the fact that you could only access the products and orders tables, where there are over a dozen other tables, really makes any program designed to interact with the website limited.

The primary problem we had was managing large amounts of products easily and quickly. Volusion gave us the tools we need to batch edit products to quickly make changes to large sets of data.

AR

"Awful company - avoid go elsewhere and hear direct from customers who have been with them for years"

What do you like best?

I would give a 0 star but not the facility.

I have been with Volusion for 5 years, constantly they have fallen behind other providers and not done anything to help bring stores up to what is expected in todays ecommerce world

Recently I was informed by customers no payments were going through. I queried with Volusion and was told there was an integration issue with them and Sagepay. No timescale provided I thought it would be a week max which would have been bad enough but understand issues can happen. 2 months later, still can't take payments, Volusion refuse to provide more information or care. This is my small company's busiest period (Halloween and Christmas - Party Business) and I am left dangling. Volusion offer to refund 1 month hosting - complete joke this company - avoid. Im leaving, no doubt this will be difficult as well.

What do you dislike?

Read above, you experience constant issues.

Their software lacks behind others

Can be rude at times

Recommendations to others considering the product:

there going backwards

See above

AI

"Volusion Review"

What do you like best?

Volusion keeps a good track of customer information housed in the Volusion cart. We enjoy having all of our contact info. accessible anytime anywhere by logging into Volusion.

What do you dislike?

We often have Volusion issues where some Orders from the cart won't map over via API. Randomly we've have "Volusion" down over the past year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to have a support connection established for when things go wrong. There's nothing worse than waiting for support when your customers cannot access the shopping cart.

Mapping Orders that customers make into our CRM via an API between Volusion and Salesforce. It's a great Benefit that Volusion allows us to download a file to upload into our CRM.

AC

"Was great, now Shopify is the way to go"

What do you like best?

great customer service, nice layout and visuals, and it has all the main functionality for integration with 3rd party apps. Its also priced based on bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

not as supported as other off the shelf ecom services. Updates are slow to arrive, and overall, this company is not moving along as fast as others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

maybe consider market leader, Shopify.

servicing online sales and shipping

collecting customer lists

"Excellent but slightly old-school"

What do you like best?

Volusion is the most professional shopping cart software out there. Lesser sexy than Magento or the other open source carts out there but is excellent all around:

1) Very robust software. The thing works. Always

2) Customer support is excellent. The staff in Austin really cares. Tickets get assigned to individual people and they really go out of their way to fix your issue. Service is well beyond monthly cost they charge you.

3) No false advertising. What you see is what you get.

4) Not a single complaint do we have after 3 years of using their product.

5) Miles ahead of Magento in terms of quality

What do you dislike?

1) No A/B testing environment

2) Product pricing is static and cannot set prices dynamically - e.g. prices cannot be as a result of an algorithm

3) Definitely not web 2.0

4) Miles behind competition (Magento at least) in terms of technology if you want nifty features

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best solution if you are not too tech savvy

Don't need advanced marketing features such as A/B testing or dynamic pricing

eCommerce website with $1.5M in annual revenue. Some 500 products listed on site with 20k customers

Grew business from ZERO to $1.5M in revenue using this platform.

Highly recommended to a team who is less savvy from a coding perspective

Operations and Key Accounts Manager
Retail

"Hosting and optimization of our website with ease"

What do you like best?

Volusion's dashboard is extremely user friendly. Coming to this new company who uses Volusion to host the website has been such a breeze to learn how to optimize and manage our website.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit pricey for the amount of data we get per month.

Hosting our website has been super easy with Volusion. The dashboard and management admin. system is extremely user friendly

President
Security and Investigations

"Outsourced eCommerce"

What do you like best?

Volusion is an easy to manage website hosting platform that allows a fast start-up based on their self-help and intuitive design using their "how to" tutorials. That is only a third of it. Once we got our brand, marketing message, and products published as a web designer want to be; we engaging Volusion's professional services team to take it to the next level and designed some key landing pages. Then we engaged the Volusion SEO pro-services team, and they actually returned our investment by generating web-form and call-in leads from 2 a week, to 3 a day.

What do you dislike?

#1 Their shopping cart seams to be designed for B2C models, than B2B. We procure and manufacture products on demand; so we have different cost/price points per specified quantities. That means we have different posted prices. Volusion assumes we pay the same unit price for all quantities ordered and they only provide a discount off a posted price; so a 10 count is priced at $10.00/ea, and 500 count is also priced at $10.00/ea; but if you look at the small discount line item in the cart, it shows a discount of $2,500. The consumer must be observant enough to notice it, and then be able to determine in their head they are now paying $5.00/ea. Sloppy code in my book, but we still love them!

#2 That fact that we do not have one Volusion account manager point of contact. Having to deal with each aspect: site build, custom designs, SEO and Pay Per Click as separate divisional products with separate contacts is a bit disjointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If could start all over again, I would have invested in their professional services of custom design and SEO from the beginning. The money we have invested in the last year has been totally paid back and our site is generating profit for us on a daily basis. FYI, we do not generate a lot of monthly shopping cart business, as our customers require more customer service; so most call in or fill-out a Request For Info web form. We do generate 4 to 5 sales per week directly from our Volusion site and SEO efforts.

The business problem we solve, is providing a high level of photo ID badge knowledge to a B2B consumer base that does not know what they need when they start looking for an identity solution. Our Volusion website allows our sales and customer service team walk our customers through over the phone the technical process of selecting a solution that is best for their needs and budget. That could be allowing eXpress badging to print their badges for them using our "We Print" service, or procuring and managing their own In-House Badging systems using our "You Print" product line.

Owner
Retail

"9 Years with Volusion, helped us succeed, but I no longer recommend."

What do you like best?

The essentials work, you can do business.

What do you dislike?

Complete lack of innovation. Far behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would look for a platform that is truly 1) mobile, 2) responsive design, 3) innovating as a company.

In 2005 it was cutting edge and brought great new features to sell online. It has been quite reliable. However the company has put profits ahead of customers and no longer innovates. They are quite out of touch with their customers now. It has been largely tire kicking, surface changes since 2010 and very little real, useful advances in functionality. Basic flaws reported 5 years ago are still there. Yes, we continue to be successful, but clearly inhibited from faster, greater results in specific ways. Volusion has been more focused on creating the most fun and quirky work place for it's staff, rather than ensuring it is focused on the needs of its customers. I have compared most other platforms in detail and they are better in a multitude of ways. We have just been able to figure out the quirks of Volusion and add a patchwork of tools to compensate for its deficiencies. For example, we use an outside CRM (Groove) even though Volusion offers a CRM. We use an outside email tool (Listrak) even though they have newsletter system built in. I know many small business owners, and referred many to Volusion until 2009 when ethically I could do so no longer. When my last company leaves Volusion platform some day I will say it was 50% because they lost focus on improving the product, and 50% because they treated us badly as a customer - multiple times. One time it took me 7-8 hours of my time, much stress and headache to finally convince Volusion reps that they had miss-billed me one month for $8,200 instead of the roughly $700 or so it should have been. Imagine receiving a bill that large and being told repeatedly that it's legitimate. I had to pull out the bandwidth logs and find where a decimal was placed in the wrong place by their billing department. That's just one example. I could go on.

Although I do not want to, I will say thanks Volusion because you are powering one of our companies still. But please do not shut down my $1M plus store again for my making an honest public review such as this.

Many others have had an excrutiating experience with Volusion so far as well. Despite this, myself and many of those people would be willing to start recommending the product if they happen, just HAPPEN to figure out that innovation, their customer, and under promising, over performing is the way to earn trust and respect. I'm afraid they lost their talent base however, and it would take a change of leadership and staffing to change the company.

"Easy way to build an online store without going through ebay or Amazon"

What do you like best?

Easy and fast to use and implement. The limitations are nice because they allow you to focus on your business inventory in ways that are easy for customers to understand.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customization is a big problem, Volusion can at times be so limited that we had to leave this platform for a more robust one.

Hosting our website on a platform and building it from there. In spite of its limitations, it was nevertheless a good starting off point.

Digital Marketing Manager

"Intuitive Interface For A Basic Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

The Volusion dashboard is easy to navigate and allows you to quickly search for products to make edits on the fly. From a marketing perspective, Volusion allows me to add product images and videos to support individual product pages, and it has decent SEO capabilities. There are a variety of marketing options including: social, facebook store, sell on eBay, sell on Amazon, deal of the day, coupons/discounts, nav menu promotions, Myrewards, newsletters, gift certificates, SEO, affiliates, and in-stock requests.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement in regards to the mobile responsive site, it's okay but it could certainly be much better (think WordPress responsive design themes). For example, to zoom in on a product on an iPhone, you have to do the dreaded finger stretch on the screen (this may be theme dependent). Customer support can be difficult at times as far as getting a response and solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing your due diligence before making your final decision. Evaluate and outline your ecommerce needs and match them with the available ecommerce platforms on the market. Therefore, depending on the size of your company and amount of products you sell, you will really want to understand the cost of implementation and the possibility of migrating to a new ecommerce platform in the future.

Ecommerce platform that has the ability to handle a large number of SKUs.

Ability to add/upload images quickly and easily.

Ability to embed video into product pages.

CEO

"Good Starter Platform for Smaller Retailers"

What do you like best?

It has good functionality for basic needs. Can be relatively customized if you have a good understanding of SQL and data imports/exports. The system works well on old-fashioned code, it's more of a work-horse than a stallion. There are on-board SEO features that make on-page optimization fairly quick and simple. The order processing and checkout are functional and we rarely experience any issues.

What do you dislike?

No Mobile Optimized templating. All volusion websites look similar unless you spend quite a bit of money to have a company custom build a template. Also, the API is archaic and/or missing. The service is reasonable, but sometimes hold times can be a bit long, especially if they are experiencing a down-time, which is rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are working to release more API functionality, as well as developing some new template features. If you're primary source of traffic is mobile, you might want to hold off, or pursue other options.

We have grown well with Volusion. They have provided the right support to answer the questions we have, and we will continue to work with them when or until we outgrow the system. The cost is pretty hard to pass up, and with some of the back-end customization options, it is a pretty solid system. But don't expect too many flashy features. There are many 3rd party integrations if you have other needs that aren't being met by Volusion. There are many to choose from and the costs are also reasonable. The API is tricky to work with, so make sure you have a good developer on-hand.

Vice President, Operations
Biotechnology

"Streamlined eCommerce functionality at your finger tips. "

What do you like best?

Streamlined operations under one platform.

What do you dislike?

The rigidity of some back end functions.

We have saved a lot of time with the Volusion platform, because everything you need to run a website is offered under one roof. Before we had to manage several vendors to create the basic infrastructure of running an commerce site, which might not have been very cost effective in the long run. Now we are in control of our own SEO structure, have streamlined the CMS and ordering processes, and have knowledgable tech support a phone call away. I've had some bad experiences dealing with incompetent web designers and managers, so being in control of the back end and having a site I actually like is fantastic. Setting up the site required a lot of time and workarounds for the platform to work for us, but it was all worth it in the end.

"A very good and complete solution for a small business"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use. You can be up and running in a matter of minutes. The tools offered by the platform are very powerful, especially their SEO tools. Volusion also has a very powerful API allowing to integrate it with pretty much anything. The company is very good at updating the software with tools necessary to make the platform up with the times.

What do you dislike?

Bandwidth overages are very expensive. If you run a high traffic website, be ready to pay a lot more for bandwidth overages than competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take advantage of the 15 day free trial before committing, and contact your on-boarding coach with any needs before you start using the platform

We are currently running a successful eCommerce company, thanks to Volusion. We are able to keep up with much larger competitors with much larger budgets.

AB

"Excellent for several stores at one location"

What do you like best?

We liked that we could set up multiple stores that didn't interact with each other but could have similar shipping and sales tax rules. This allowed us to keep clients separate big within the same world.

What do you dislike?

The initial start up time and money was high. Once moving we felt better about the investment

Our problem is that each customer wanted a custom web store, we wanted an easy solution to host several stores on one server but to keep customer information separate.

"No idea how they have been voted #1 for anything"

What do you like best?

There wasn’t anything I like “best”. The team for support was always eager to help and most of the time had an answer or were able to figure out a solution.

What do you dislike?

Everything else - had a premium plan and was NEVER given premium service. Our account executive was the worst ever and I have seen my share of less than stellar performers. There was no care of making sure we had all we needed to be successful. Once the agreement was in place order taken and money deposited they couldn’t care less if we stayed or left.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t go - do your due diligence and make sure you look at everyone and take your time to make the decision.

Nothing was solved or realized. We have left this platform never to return. I do not think anyone should migrate to them.

UT

"One of the best online store for selling your products"

What do you like best?

The best thing is that we can sell many products to a large number of people. This has helped me to grow my business.

What do you dislike?

The commission taken on my products are a bit high.

I am able to manage my products very well. It is also helping me to manage my inventory as it was difficult to do it without Volusion eCommerce.

"Volusion eCommerce Review"

What do you like best?

Volusion is easy to set up, so for a beginner it is a great initial solution. You will outgrow it much quicker than you think.

What do you dislike?

The service is not as stellar as they claim. You can call and chat with different people and get different responses from each. There is so much "hard coding" that many things you would like to do to improve your site that should be quick and easy are not. They are quite expensive because Volusion forces you to use one of their partners to make the required changes. At a minimum these cost upwards of 3k. The reporting is terrible and unless you have good knowledge of databases, building your own reports is not going to happen. Integrations with 3rd parties are only half integrated. It is just enough to call an integration. Far too many simple features are missing from these integrations because of Volsuions closed programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering using Volusion because of their many integrations and they are easy to set up, you may want to take the extra time to shop around. Volusion will get you up and running quickly and wow you with the service out of the gate while you have the basic questions. Anything outside the basic and the roadblocks start going up. I urge you to reach out to their partners and tell them you are looking at a platform and get their opinions. Most of them will not recommend Volusion because they are so hard to fully integrate with.

The business problem I solved was starting my site. Beyond that, I have created more problems than solved using the platform. I have had to use many 3rd party fixes in order to actually make the site operate as I need.

Product, IT and Marketing Manager,

"Excellent Experience with new Volusion webiste"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been excellent. Each CSR has been able to answer my questions thoroughly. I've never waited very long in queue. In fact, if there is a wait you can select an option to be called back; and the DO! Love this feature.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble getting the information I need about integrating with Quickbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall Volusion is an excellent ecommerce platform which is easy to implement and use. I built our page with one of their premium templates which I found very easy to modify to reflect our business.

We needed to have a more robust ecommerce platform for our online store. We found with Volusion.

Internet Marketing Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Volusion Review for an E-commerce site."

What do you like best?

It's WYSIWYG, which for an Internet Marketing person who does not have a whole lot of advance HTML experience makes Volusion an easy choice. We used Volusion for an e-commerce site.

What do you dislike?

I last used Volusion in 2012 so the platform may have changed, but when back then I found it cumbersome and buggy and awful for SEO. The dashboard layout was confusing and hard to navigate and as I recall it was very time consuming to upload new products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research between Volusion, Joomla, and Wordpress first before deciding which is best for your site.

The problems were how information was presented in the platform and what really showed up on the website. Adding new products and photos was time consuming. I didn't find any benefits as we moved our e-commerce website to Joomla.

AM

"Easy to use even for newbies"

What do you like best?

I like the headings and the fact that important messages will pop up (or warnings about outages)

What do you dislike?

Doesn't save carts easily, I don't know how to fix what I don't like

selling vegetarian jerky!

"Easy but somewhat glitchy"

What do you like best?

Allows the process of maintaining you site and product lines as well as sales without complications

What do you dislike?

Kind of glitchy. Sometimes limited to what you can do

Listing products is easy

CTO
Internet

"Fast, Reliable, Easy to use but somewhat outdated and not in the technology front."

What do you like best?

Import/Export features of every single table. Simple templating system. Very quick and reliable, handles images in a simple way. Customer SQL queries for reporting. Channel integration Superb order management. Great shipping method system. Great SEO support, nice and clean code.

What do you dislike?

Bad API, no layout customization's. Useless CRM. Very bad mobile support. Lacking internal search functionality. No server side coding for dynamic content management. No multilingual support, no multi-store support. Lacking multi currency support. No category filters by product attributes. No responsive support, design is based on tables. Very bad Navigation handling.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very limiting system , I would not consider it for the long run.

Trying to grow a small eCommerce company above big and strong competitors.

Server
Food & Beverages

"Works, but definitely has its moments."

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Reliable for the most part.

What do you dislike?

Slow processing from page to page and frequent outages

Sales and data processing

AH

"Great software for online store"

What do you like best?

Simple layout and easy to use. The help section is also great and very easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

The pop up messages are pretty annoying. When adding pictures for products it sometimes glitches and will add a completely different picture.

It provides an easy solution for a business to get an online store up and running fast and allows for multiple people to make changes easily.

VP/Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Goods

"Volusion very versatile platform for handling both retail and wholesale orders"

What do you like best?

That I can set up different pricing levels for wholesale accounts and use the phone order process to enter orders that we dropship for other online merchants.

What do you dislike?

Modifying the template can be difficult if you want to change it to get a different look.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

solid platform, good technical support

The Volusion platform makes it possible for us to do both regular retail sales on our site and process wholesale dropship orders for our internet partners that feature our products.

"Surprising! "

What do you like best?

How responsive their support team is, especially when you first sign up.

What do you dislike?

For me personally its not for beginners, to complex

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to go through the demo with support as they will help you in creating yours, especially if youve never done this before it could come in handy!

Creating my own Online Store