Saba TalentSpace

Saba TalentSpace

Talent management software that gives you a new way to develop your people and teams. Put effective performance management at the heart of your talent strategy with Saba TalentSpace.

Work for Saba TalentSpace?

Learning about Saba TalentSpace?

Saba TalentSpace Reviews

Ask Saba TalentSpace a Question
Showing 153 Saba TalentSpace reviews
Saba TalentSpace review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"Analyze and encourage the participation and quality of the work of your employees"

What do you like best?

The talent management suite is easily administered, it does not require great knowledge to understand the operation of tasks, activities and configurations.

The social collaboration between the members of the platform is very complete, they can send messages, interact, collaborate, think, all this encourages teamwork, which is essential within a platform of this style.

Custom badges are a good way to encourage the desire to participate, since employees want to know how to get them and want to get that extra prize. It is a good incentive to increase productivity.

What do you dislike?

Some extra features and functionalities within the forms and processes would make it possible to further increase the customization within the platform and the adaptation of the company to this system.

Also some administration functions are somewhat complex and require a time of adaptation and configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improving the quality of tasks and encouraging the participation of employees is what Saba TalentSpace helps. In addition, it also serves to better evaluate the work that employees have done and the achievement of business tasks and objectives.

The quarterly and annual reviews of the workers' performance are now carried out with Saba TalentSpace. It has helped us to make the process of evaluating the quality of each employee's work much easier than before.

Now it is easier for us to create and encourage the participation of employees in the tasks, since with this software it is easier not only to create new tasks, but to structure them and detail them better so that each one knows what to do and in what way You must do it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Saba TalentSpace
Saba TalentSpace review by Robert J.
Robert J.

"Develops and analyzes talent effectively"

What do you like best?

The analysis tool is really good and in each version they improve it more so that the data and information that you can consult, update and review is much more integrated. It serves efficiently to make daily reports and we can easily export them later.

They have a single session start, which helps reduce time and access to the system much faster.

I would also highlight that the interface that Saba TalentSpace has is very careful, elaborated and not only visually attractive, but it is optimized so that the work in the area of human resources is easier to perform.

What do you dislike?

The notification system is very flexible, but at the same time it is quite confusing and time consuming to make changes. This problem increases when you have two or more different places of work that require different information and consigurations, since it is a bit difficult to load and divide correctly two or more spaces and can be confusing for the user. I think they should work on improving it in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Analyzing and giving feedback to employees, their role and performance in the company is an important task to increase the involvement of these people in the company and for the company to know and develop its employees better. This software helps to know and improve those aspects.

The modules of this software have served to facilitate and capture meeting notes, document the objectives and progress that has been made and increase feedback throughout the organization.

It should also be noted that quick-look flowcharts, being able to upload other documents such as individual talent profiles, previous performance reviews and development resources have enabled employees to have a better information base, so that analyzes can be carried out more efficiently. and so that we have more control over the information.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Saba TalentSpace review by Karen B.
Karen B.

"Halogen Learning Module is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

The possibilities with the Learning module are endless! If you can create it, your employees will come! I love the fact that I can customize Learning Units and Learning Paths to streamline the departmental educational needs across our organization. I can use a blend of instructor-led courses that are session based and e-Courses offered through various Halogen e-Learning bundles. The Learning Units are easily associated with an employees' Development Plans and the progress of these items are easily identified through the use of status indicators, flags or date paramenters.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to embed a Learning Path within a Learning Path. This would allow me to expedite the creation of a departmental Learning Path by copying all of the "New Hire" content into each specific departments paths verses having to recreate the path for each department. My work-around solution is I rely on Business Rules and catalogues. However, I have shared this idea with Prod. Dev. at the latest User COnference in hopes that others wll express the need for this functionality as it relates to the Learning Module.

In order to build the next level of expertise within each department, we must have job-specific courses readily available to our employees. The Halogen Learning Module allows me to create a "Learning-on-Demand" environment where employees can access the content whenever their schedules allow for it, and they can access the content at the office or in the comfort of their own home.

Saba TalentSpace review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Great performance management tool"

What do you like best?

The end user experience is clean and easy to navigate. The ability to pull different pieces of information into performance reviews in particular is helpful for our end users. Additionally, the 1:1 meeting automatically tracks what an employee has been doing in the system, making it easier to go over accomplishments with managers.

What do you dislike?

The administrator tools are dated and can be clunky, especially when trying to set up forms and linking learning units or baths together. Also, the learning platform has some kinks in terms of linking courses and allowing administrators to build if/then courses, which puts more burden on the admin to be doing that manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Saba for the learning portion. They are the same company, but Saba's learning is much more sophistocated.

We are able to have a central location database for performance reviews, learning, and policy agreements. Also, using the compensation module has made it easier to keep track of who and when people received raises.

Saba TalentSpace review by Kelsie B.
Kelsie B.

"Powerful Performance Management Solutions"

What do you like best?

Halogen TalentSpace has allowed our hospital to move from performance appraisals and job descriptions maintained on paper copies, to a dynamic system that has provided us new data and insight over the past two years. Their consultants are fantastic, readily available, always looking for ways to help their customers leverage the software to the fullest. The support portal also provides great assistance in the traditional format, live chat, and roll-out tool kits.

What do you dislike?

There's noting negative to say - every step of the way from researching products, to configuration, implementation, and ongoing system management, we have been fully supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation consultants we worked with were patient and eager to share their vast knowledge of TalentSpace to ensure all our our needs and wants were met! I personally had never been through an implementation or build like this before, so I was learning as I went. The team was patient and helped to explain any and all questions each step of the way. We also used Halogen TalentSpace's conversion program to help us convert 600 job descriptions. An undertaking I wouldn't have been able to do without them! Between my minimal experience at the beginning, having a small office and having to share my time between TalentSpace and other responsibilities, plus taking extra time for conversion, our implementation period took longer than I would expect other organizations to.

Within the last year, I have been able to build additional processes that had previously been either completed on paper, or housed elsewhere in the organization when they truly should be house with employee's performance data. These include: data collection for bi-annual performance check-ins, Information Security Agreement sign off, consent for use of photo by marketing opt-in/out, RN professional development ladder application for advancement, RN Peer Coaching process, among others!

As mentioned, we were able to transition our performance appraisal processes from paper to an electronic format. This has helped tremendously with efficiency as our organization has grown. We are able to house all job descriptions using the Job Description builder tool and make updates or changes as need. Having all of the detailed data on these processes readily available has been helpful in the two years we've been using TalentSpace to demonstrate not only effectiveness of the solutions, but to help with future planning for the organization.

Saba TalentSpace review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"Great Software for Talent Management"

What do you like best?

Product development team is always working on improving the administrator's and end user's experience. Customer support is awesome. Anytime I call, I can count on getting help with out a wait. I also like how we have used outside the box thinking to automate several processes that were previously manual.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am challenged in the way our professional services non-linear reporting environment makes it necessary to revise our process so we can fully utilize Halogen. Not necessarily a knock against the product, just forces us to rethink internal processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take a look at your existing processes and determine the need for them. This is a powerful tool that may be able to handle your out-of-the-box needs.

Utilizing Halogen, we have completely automated our annual independence process between all our offices, saving much time and satisfying licensing requirements. Also helping to improve our goal setting processes and office integration.

Saba TalentSpace review by Carolina Y.
Carolina Y.

"Halogen for Evaluations"

What do you like best?

The fact that you are able to view previous reviews on a split screen while writing a current review is extremely helpful so that you can refer to past achievements or goals that weren't met without having to exit the current window you are in to obtain the information. It also quite easy to assign secondary managers and select what information they should have access to depending on the need. Lastly, reassigning reviews to a different manager can be done with ease as there is a button that allows to reassign one or all of your subordinates.

What do you dislike?

One of my issues is that the button used to reassign reviews is grayed out until you select an individual which can sometime be overlooked causing a multitude of employees to ask the question of how to do it. Depending on the computer abilities of the particular employee using the program it can be deemed as not user friendly or intuitive.

We are currently using Halogen primarily for our reviews. The nice thing about the system is that you can open/close different reviews with ease and have a variety of templates within even one review. The more complicated thing is having to transfer the information from our ATS/HRIS to Halogen in order to maintain accurate records. I wish it was more automated or that it "spoke" to our current system.

Saba TalentSpace review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Halogen Saba Software "

What do you like best?

The customer service we have experienced has been amazing. Calling into Halogen for any support you get a live person right away who is committed to helping you solve any question you may pose. Additionally, our implementation consultant has been an excellent resource when we talked to her each week to implement a piece of the software at a time.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it took us so long to purchase the software from Halogen!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a truly customizable and tailored experience for your company or organization's needs, Halogen TalentSpace is an excellent resource.

We improved our performance management process and are working to also utilize the succession module for future planning purposes. The benefits will enhance efficiencies and reporting to ensure we are targeting the right opportunities for our employees.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Intuitive & Fantastic Product for any HR team looking to go to the next level"

What do you like best?

We currently use the Recruitment tool and the Performance Management module. I love that the performance management tool has endless options on the processes, feedback, career development, and surveys we could use to completely open up the doors of communication with our employees and management. This year was our first year to utilize it for the performance reviews and it was infinitely better than the old pen and paper method! The ATS/Recruitment tool is easy to use and I love that it ties into the performance module when we've hired someone. So nice to have systems that communicate!

What do you dislike?

So far there hasn't been anything that I have disliked!

We are able to go almost paperless with performance reviews and various onboarding activities. There are so many options with the various processes you can run in performance management. I love the HUG meetings so we can hear from other HR teams on how they are utilizing Halogen.

Saba TalentSpace review by Dee H.
Dee H.

"Versatile Talent Management Review"

What do you like best?

Feedback! This is key when it comes to employees feeling that their hard work is recognized. All too often employees feel that they are being overlooked, but with the feedback option anyone, including fellow coworkers, are able to leave feedback, so that not only management knows that they did an amazing job, the employee knows it too!

What do you dislike?

The evaluation critique is too vague when it comes to job specifics. Coming from an agency that is state and nationally Accredited, we need to prove that our employees are graded on job specific criteria. The catch all, generalized answers, for evaluations make that rather difficult.

Supervisors and subordinates are communicating more easily now. While you can leave positive feedback, you can also leave constructive feedback as well. Both of these assist employees with becoming better at their specific job function.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator

"Great Product, Great People!"

What do you like best?

Halogen/Saba’s customer support team is available 24/7 so I can always get someone no matter what time of day I’m working. They’ve also added a live chat feature for support which I really like.

Halogen is easy to use for the end-users and administrators, even with no previous performance management software experience.

I appreciate the fact that I can submit enhancement requests (suggestions for product improvements) at any time and that I often see changes to the software that reflect those suggestions so I know they are actually listening to their customers!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if more than one person could work on a review form at one time without having to send it back and forth to each other within the system or use the third party feedback option.

With single sign-on enabled, it’s not as easy for managers to have their assistants help them in completing review forms.

While I love that enhancement requests are accepted, I wish there was an easy way to track the status of requests I've submitted so I'm not left wondering if anything will ever come of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the product(s) before purchase to make sure it'll fit your needs. Halogen/Saba offers demos/free trials and will help accommodate testing before purchase.

Halogen/Saba allows us to be more effective and efficient with our annual review process.

Our employees really like the Halogen system and its capabilities as it is very user-friendly and intuitive. There used to be a lot of complaints about doing performance appraisals under our old system but with Halogen I hear lots of positive feedback!

Saba TalentSpace review by Janice L.
Janice L.

"Top Notch Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I am always creating unusual processes in the system. Whenever I contact support to help me out they are excited to bring my vision to reality. Whenever I encounter a problem with the system they will work with me until we get the problem fixed.

What do you dislike?

I have changed account reps afew times during the transition to SABA

Communication and ongoing feedback between the managers and the associates. With the feedback mechanism and attaching it to our outlook email system, our staff are much more willing to send feedback to other associates in the organization. They no longer have to remember how to log into Halogen but can access everything from their email.

Saba TalentSpace review by Will H.
Will H.

"Impossible for a small company to implement due to required administration and lack of support."

What do you like best?

Halogen has a good end-user interface. Given the time and staff to administer the software, it is quite good.

What do you dislike?

Halogen told us everything we wanted to hear at time of purchase. Customer support (excluding the technical team) was almost non-existent afterwards. Real problems were never answered. This is an expensive time consuming software that is a poor fit with a company of less than 25 employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend this for SME's. Halogen is only good if you have a dedicated staff to manage and administer. It is very heavy on administration and requires a great deal of time. If your company does have a dedicated staff for appraisals, then you don’t need Halogen. They promised many things during the sales consultation. After signing up, a box full of large manuals came through. That was the first indication of the challenge using the software. After initial training, there is a lack of support. After repeatedly raising concerns for an SME, they repeatedly asked the same questions. No answers or support were given. Currently, they are not even answering customer emails. If they had an office in Hong Kong, our company would sue them for misrepresenting their services.

Our employees work in many locations, and sharing performance information is difficult. Halogen offered appraisals that could be done from anywhere. However, the set-up is far too difficult. Appraisal processes were laborious and in the end employees did not value them.

Saba TalentSpace review by Bobbi K.
Bobbi K.

"Very flexible Talent Management system"

What do you like best?

We are a unique user of Halogen. Since we are a public accounting firm the way our teams are structured it makes it difficult to "fit" into a PM system. Our team members have rotating managers with almost every job they are on. Additionally, due to our professional standards our team members need to have frequent evaluations. Halogen has made it very easy to track the many performance reviews conducted as well as has great flexibility to customize the system to our needs. It truly is "best in class!"

What do you dislike?

I had a colleague once say "Your greatest strength often exposes your greatest weakness." This is the case with Halogen. While Halogen's flexibility is my favorite feature since we use the system in a very unique way, it is also my biggest frustration. In order to have the flexibility the "back end" of Halogen is quite complicated. You have to be mindful of how you "build" you processes because one box not checked or one step not added could throw off the way the whole process functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

simplify the back end to make changes more intuitive.

We have gained many efficiencies using Halogen. Before we were tracking our evaluations (which exceed 500 a year) manually which was extremely time intensive. Now Halogen does that for us, including sending out reminder emails, etc.

Saba TalentSpace review by Janice R. L.
Janice R. L.

"Amazing Support Team "

What do you like best?

From implementation to any questions I have I always get the support I need. When we implemented the product several years ago, our implementation specialist dis a great job with getting us up and running. She even worked with me on our almost impossible timeline to get it done on time.

Anytime I have a question of any type I can call my client care specialist or the support line and get the answers I need. Occasionally I have stumped the experts with a question or an issue, but I will typically get a call back within one business day with the problem solved or a work around. Sometimes I am not happy with the temporary work around but at least I can get the job done.

4 Years later I am using Halogen for all kinds of processes. I use it for tuition reimbursement, fitness subsidy, the exit interview, performance improvement plans and many more.

What do you dislike?

That we didn't purchase Halogen soon and that we don't have more Halogen suites like e-learning or compensation. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation support and customer service is outstanding.

We have become more efficient since using Halogen. We have had 100% participation in reviews since we moved to Halogen and a common review period. This contributes to our overall employee engagement and job satisfaction.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator

"Easy to use data all in one place."

What do you like best?

That our data uploads from our HRIS system, so there is no duplicate entry. It is also nice to have all performance data available in one place.

What do you dislike?

That there is not a way to change the supervisor of an individual employee from the user center. This is a manual change and if you have several processes the employee is loaded to, they are all individually changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify the ability to transfer data from HRIS system, if this is not your only software.

Halogen has solved a couple issues. We have required job descriptions and competencies by regulatory requirement and this system allows all employees to be assigned and tracked for completion. The manager receives notification if a process is not timely completed and HR is able to run reports to track them.

Saba TalentSpace review by Marti W.
Marti W.

"Halogen - LMS Admin Review "

What do you like best?

System is user friendly! I was able to pick it up as an admin in a few weeks. Our associates seem to be able to navigate the system well from a learning perspective. The system,also, integrates well with our e-learning content provider.

What do you dislike?

Halogen has been great with responding to inquiries to help solve problems. I would say my biggest ask would be for their to be more built in abilities for our associates to review courses after the fact and track those metrics. I feel there could be a more streamlined way to create learning units but I'm ok with current functionality.

Halogen Talentspace allows use to execute our e-learning strategy - deliver curated content to different audiences, engage management, and strengthen demand for e-learning.

Saba TalentSpace review by Melanie G.
Melanie G.

"Great for streamlining appraisal processes"

What do you like best?

As the system administrator, I like how easily I can track people's progress through the processes. I also like how customizable the forms can be.

What do you dislike?

Some of the technical aspects are counter intuitive and need to be either labeled differently or more prominent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know exactly what you want to initially use this for before you implement it. Have a good idea of what sort of form you want to use at first as well so you can build from there.

Performance management. We have been able to get much more useful information about our appraisal performances.

Saba TalentSpace review by Katrina M.
Katrina M.

"Excellent Talent Managment System and Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of performance management systems out there and I have had experience with a few. Halogen has set themselves apart from the pack with the level of customer service they provide. I feel like who ever I am talking to, be it the Tech Support team, my implementation consultant or the sales staff; they are extremely knowledgeable about their offerings and the functionalities of the products. Being responsible for performance management for the entire company is a huge deal and they have proven time and time again that they are going to make sure everything rolls out as it should and is the best it can be based on our companies needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was integrated with a fully functional HRIS...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Incorporating an HRIS option.

Not only performance management but also other work flow processes that require approvals and forms completed.

Saba TalentSpace review by Bonnie V.
Bonnie V.

"Halogen has been an amazing partner to fuel our talent initiatives"

What do you like best?

All the modules and how well they work together. 1:1, feedback, performance, specific areas to capture goals and development plans and succession have helped us streamline our processes while making them so much simpler and more meaningful.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I don't like. There are a few enhancement requests we've suggested based on what we'd like the system to be able to do - adding a performance rating question to succession within a performance review so that the manager responds to the questions, but it's invisible to the employee is a recent request. We've never used ratings and all the latest literature is moving away from ratings, so we're challenged by how to best capture this information for the 9 cell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to customer support of the vendors you're evaluating - Halogen has been simply amazing. With the 800 number, Live Chat and availability of your implementation team members, no question goes unanswered. The support team is simply amazing.

The fluidity of all the modules has been another huge benefit for us. We have single sign on which has made access for employees a breeze and we set up a nightly feed from our HRIS so that employee titles, department and reporting relationships are always current. That allows me time to focus on creating meaningful processes within the system to further our talent efforts.

Customization within the system has also been truly outstanding. We branded the system with a new name, logo, and were able to fairly easily align processes exactly as we wanted them with verbiage and ratings that were meaningful and appropriate to our organization. I can't say enough about how great it has been to partner with Halogen.

Processes and outcomes that are simple and meaningful. The creation of various talent pools has been our biggest step forward. Previously we would work from one 9 cell grid that had all high potentials from employees early in their career to Presidents of entities. The Talent Pool functionality has really helped us to right size our development planning.

Saba TalentSpace review by Karen B.
Karen B.

"Halogen is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Customer Service standards are over and beyond expectations. Halogen provides flexibility with your forms, reports, e-Courses, Learning Paths, Instructor Led courses, evaluations, succession planning, business rules, etc. I love that our organization now has one central location to store employee profile information, goals, development plans, development activities and feedback! The aesthetics of Halogen is very sleek with lots of white space, and it has the look and feel of familiar social networking tools that people use today!

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a little tricky, but like I stated earlier, customer service is always there to assist with any issues that may arise and they will walk you through the solution. There are minor cosmetics about the learning module that could be re-positioned to help users launch an e-Course more easily when they are in their development plans, but launching e-Courses from the Home tab is very simple. I am hoping to see more flexibility with e-Course bundles. It would have been beneficial to have a 30-60-90 day trail period with the e-Courses in our live environment once we implemented the product. This would give you the opportunity to run reports and truly see which courses are of value to your employees. If some e-Courses were not being utilized, the ability to swap them out 1 time within that period would allow you to maximize the resource vs. having to wait until your renewal to make changes to your selections. Over all, Halogen is a great product, and I wish we could have found it sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with Halogen!!! And your relationship with your CSM (Customer Success Manager) is invaluable!

We are solving the disconnect between employee goals and corporate goals, We are creating a culture of continuous feedback, which is crucial to your organizations success ... all thanks to Halogen.

Saba TalentSpace review by Julie G.
Julie G.

"Making Halogen work for us."

What do you like best?

I think that Halogen is surprisingly customizable for software not aimed at Law Enforcement-which is what our agency is! We have had to change our thinking about how we approach performance management but Halogen actually brought us in a positive direction. The transparency Halogen provides through feedback is exactly what we were missing!

What do you dislike?

We struggled somewhat due to the fact our certified employees often have times where there are multiple supervisors working a squad during training. The system does not yet have a way that we can assigned 4 or 5 direct supervisors which is how our training squads are built. However, we have managed some creative work arounds for times when we find the quirky way law enforcement works creates a road block in Halogen. The support staff will never stop trying which is one reason Halogen is so great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We have used Halogen to replace our old Performance Management System which was not upgrading along with out systems. We are using Halogen to increase transparency within the agency and open that line of communication between managers and employees. We want supervisors to communicate about performance consistently-not once a year at evaluation time.

Saba TalentSpace review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Unbelievable Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service and the people in general. They go so far above and beyond what most other companies do that I can't get over the service. And this is with every department I have dealt with. They work so hard for the customer or client. They take their service to a whole another level. It is really rare to find this kind of service. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. It is a wonderful product just as it is. I have no complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Halogen for all that it does to make your life easier. It is a wonderful tool to use for evaluations.

We have only had minor problems that have bee extremely easy for them to solve. They are always so quick to find the answer to any problem you are having. I have never had this kind of service with any other organization.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator

"Having Halogen has had a great impact with HR and our employees."

What do you like best?

What I like best is the Performance module and the many different processes you can create such as competency evaluation, onboarding process and evaluations. It definitely eliminated a great chunk of paper process to online process.

What do you dislike?

Limitations on how often an employee can be added to a single process. I mean, I get it, but for certain processes such as Corrective Actions, Performance Improvements or Term process, multiple processes for the same purpose would have to be created.

A better, efficient way of streamlining processes. If it's a paper process, it's easily discarded or not remembered or completed in a timely manner. Now, end users are prompted when the due date is approaching or is past due, it goes through the proper channel as configured.

Saba TalentSpace review by Alison C.
Alison C.

"Good for quarterly reviews"

What do you like best?

I like how the assessments are set up, in which I answer questions about my performance, and then my reviewers answer the same questions and I am able to see them right below my answers. It is really helpful seeing all of the information in this way. I also like that we can do project reviews for individual projects we work on throughout the year.

What do you dislike?

The new site layout is a little hard to navigate. It is not clear how to access all the tools I need. I prefer the old layout.

The benefits I have realized are more meaningful and organized yearly assessments. I have more information to use in my performance reviews.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator

"New to LMS & Performance Mgt, But I Like What I See"

What do you like best?

We're able to integrate our Learning Management System and our Performance Management System into a single software.

What do you dislike?

The visual look of the back-end is a bit dated and can be confusing because there are so many layers/levels of customization, it's easy to lose track of where you are in the system/process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have much to compare it to, but I have been satisfied with the product.

We have a global employee population with a variety of languages. Halogen allows us to have one system that is used across the world, and with language packs installed, we can be confident that our employees are getting the same information presented, regardless of what their native language is.

Saba TalentSpace review by Donna S.
Donna S.

"Halogen TalentSpace Review"

What do you like best?

From an employee perspective, Halogen is very easy to use. All the screens follow the same format so you always know where to click. You do need to pay attention to what page you are on but the format will be the same.

Once you are fully trained as an administrator, this will become easy to use as well.

You can use Halogen TalentSpace for more than just performance reviews. We currently have our Exit Interviews loaded into the system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the Administrator nomenclature doesn't make sense. As I said, once your are trained, it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the administrator, take the time to learn all there is about Halogen and set up your forms and processes as soon as training is completed.

We Halogen TalentSpace for Performance Management. Going to an on-line process has increased the timeliness of reviews being completed and returned. This system also allows for feedback from both the manager and employee.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"It has its pros and cons"

What do you like best?

The support. Calling the support team for real time help, participating in Champions HQ, and HUGS, as well as the relationship with the Customer Success Manager all create a stronger Halogen experience for me.

What do you dislike?

This is a robust program that seems cumbersome, and is difficult to use at times. I struggle with what I think should be simple tasks on the back end and frequently call the Halogen Support team for assistance. Even our team members struggle to perform some of the most basics functions despite providing them with screen shots and job aids. It's not an intuitive program to use.

We are currently using Learning, and Performance to manage our annual compliance training, and annual performance reviews. At this point the primary benefit is that we have a single place for team members to access eLearning and their performance reviews.

Saba TalentSpace review by Shauna S.
Shauna S.

"Great System to Use!"

What do you like best?

I really love how the system is set up. You may see different areas but they are all set up the same way. How you find your information is similar to how you look up information for your staff. The customer service and training that we have received from Halogen has been amazing!

What do you dislike?

While the systems are wonderful and offer great options one issue we have had is getting the processes we envision making being able to be created. While these have been struggles our customer service team has worked very hard to attempt to find solutions that would benefit us and use Halogen to the maximum capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want when setting up your system so you can use the program to it's full potential.

With Halogen we have been able to track our training, employee certifications, talent management, and performance management. We are also looking at making our annual policy sign offs paperless by using Halogen.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"Positive, Progressive, Personable"

What do you like best?

Henry Ford once said "Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them. ". This cannot be said about Halogen. One of Halogens greatest strengths is not just in the product, but also in the way they serve. Their greatest success comes from the success of their customers, and each day they put forward honest effort to help make our business better. Halogen is a problem solving company much more than it is a tech company, a mantra that seems to bleed out in everything they do. They listen, they ask questions, and they listen some more. And then they provide a solution, plain and simple.

What do you dislike?

Ha, thats a funny question. Does it do "everything" we need it to do? No. Do I believe one day it might? No. Why do I say that? Well much like Halogen we are progressive, and I believe there are things with Halogen and our business that we don;t even know yet. Its kind of like the relentless pursuit of perfection. But I do believe that Halogen will always be there to provide a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your shopping, compare, speak to users.

Wow, thats a big question. We are improving engagement which of course leads to better service, lower turnover and happier customers. We are providing an outlet for more efficient streamlined learning that helps keep us in compliance which in the gaming business is paramount. I could go on and on :)

Saba TalentSpace review by Santiago D.
Santiago D.

"halogen solution"

What do you like best?

their staff is knowledgeable and guided us through the process - and gave us insightful suggestions for set-ups that would stand the test of time. We were able to add new forms after implementation to create new hire surveys, policies acknowledgements/sign offs and much more.

What do you dislike?

also, in eAppraisal, I wish there was a way to have a self-appraisal that did not exactly mirror the manager's appraisal - we have had to do some work arounds with this because it's not an option at this time.

At the time we had many dual reporting structures and the previous system couldn't accommodate our structure but Halogen was able to handle our model.

Saba TalentSpace review by Ashley P.
Ashley P.

"Halogen Super User"

What do you like best?

The customer service and support that Halogen offers is top of class. They're available 24/7 and have impeccable response times. I use the software as an employee as well as an admin, and always have any questions answered quickly. If there's not a solution for what I'm looking for, customer support can and will always submit an enhancement request.

What do you dislike?

The tool is a bit clunky to set up on the back end. While resources are available, it would be nice if there were easier guides and videos to follow in setting up processes and forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service alone is reason enough to invest in this product.

We use both the Learning and Performance Management modules which tie seamlessly together. I do believe that there is many more functionalities we could take advantage of that we're currently not due to capacity to dive in and figure this out.

Saba TalentSpace review by Karyn S.
Karyn S.

"Great Software, AMAZING support!"

What do you like best?

Halogen is great for performing company reviews and professional development plans - but I have to say that the thing I like best about this software is the support line. They are available 24/7 and pick up almost immediately when you call. There's never any of that waiting-for-30-minutes-on-hold nonsense with them. The staff is very knowledgeable and responsive via phone or email, and if they have to call you back after looking into your issue - they *actually* call you back. I can always trust that Halogen is going to do everything to help me resolve my issues or improve my processes.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike about Halogen is that it does take some time to get versed on all the ins and outs of the software. There's a lot to take in, but once you are comfortable with it, it's pretty user-friendly. Some forms, depending on what you're looking to do, are not as customize-able as I would prefer, but it works well for our company and as I said before, you absolutely cannot beat the support.

We needed software to host all of our employee performance reviews and employee satisfaction surveys, and Halogen is it. It's the repository of all of our historic and current review processes. We can see historic results, and get all the reports we need, as detailed or high-level as we like. It's a great fit for our company.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator

"Significant promise for our learning culture, some challenges"

What do you like best?

The integrated connection between the employee goals/1:1s and the learning activities is a fantastic step forward in bridging the gap between learning and employee development. The notifications and tile system are helpful to remind users of what tasks are needed.

What do you dislike?

The LMS does a good job hosting content, but has many limitations that are not acceptable for a modern LMS. Things like non-functional pre-requisites and sequencing are incredibly frustrating. Also there needs to be deeper control over notifications (learning path notifications, not notifications for every item in the path), etc.

Rolling out learning content to our world-wide organization.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"One of the best full suite HR solutions"

What do you like best?

The customer service Halogen provides is amazing. They are always available, and will work with us to find a solution. Their support staff is friendly, courteous, and most of all helpful. Love the ability to create tickets online and check on their status instantly.

We also love having multiple modules available to us in one system, making access for our managers, employees and HR team more streamlined.

We also love our dedicated account rep, and how they are able to work with us, our existing modules * systems, and their new updates to find a solution.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that are not customizable or beneficial.

For us the current challenge is multiple enrollments of the same course. If status is Enrolled it will not re-enroll. Any other status including Completed will re-enroll.

Also we are new to Applicant Tracking with Halogen through JobVite, and would have loved to use their Onboarding features as well. Given its not currently able to automate Canadian forms and electronic records, we've had to delay implementation of that module to 2017.

We are currently focusing on performance assessments and attempting to reduce the amount of time it takes for our managers to complete and provide these assessments. We are also launching Compensation, ATS, and Succession/Talent Review for this first time this year, and hoping the process is cleaner and quicker for all involved.

Saba TalentSpace review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"great way to setup and record goals"

What do you like best?

I like that the employee is able to setup their own goals and grade their own performance. then the supervisor is able to see them and help the employee with theirs goals. Also it allows you to maintain the goals year to year and modify them as needed. also once the goal has been achieved then new goals can be set.

What do you dislike?

I find that it is difficult to remember passwords especially for those staff that only use it once a year.

Bridges that gap between HR and staff particularly in large organizations with a centralized HR department. allows for easy management of goals for staff and supervisors.

Saba TalentSpace review by Sandra N.
Sandra N.

"Great Support for New Administrators - eAppraisal"

What do you like best?

The Halogen support team is incredible. After inheriting performance review duties earlier this year, I ran my first process (283 participants) and had to close a process the same day I opened it because of a mistake I made. The support team walked me through the steps to get the mistake fixed so we could get back on track, and they fielded my questions (sometimes multiple times per day!) until our process was complete.

What do you dislike?

This is pretty nit-picky, which shows you how hard it is to find something to dislike. We are in the process of integrating multiple software platforms, and right now only the Talent Profile has an API available. So we will be able to connect user information with our other platforms, but not elements like development plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Halogen works hard to understand the needs of your organization to make sure their product is a good fit. When you speak with Sales and set up a sandbox to play in, be clear about what you need the system to be able to do and Halogen’s software wizards will show you exactly how it could look, or explain what alternatives might be available.

Oh, and I highly recommend purchasing the Single Sign-On feature – it will prevent many of the problems you’re reading here about user login/password problems!

Employees may not provide honest feedback if they are concerned about retaliation, especially when providing comments about a higher-up. The Halogen appraisal process offers us as close to anonymous feedback as you can get. When managers compile reviews for their direct reports, all multi-rater feedback is listed as “Peer” feedback. If a phrase/word choice indicates that a comment comes from a specific employee, we ask managers to alter the wording to maintain anonymity.

For 2016, we are shortening our Halogen forms to eliminate redundant areas as we introduce separate performance metrics. This should reduce the overall time employees spend completing evaluations – a big concern for our managers and employees.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great Customer Support Team!"

What do you like best?

As an end-user, Halogen is very easy to understand and intuitive to navigate. As an administrator, I also like the ability to log in as another user to have visibility into any issues before escalating to the Customer Support team.

Customer service: the Halogen support team is very responsive, attentive, and knowledgeable about the product. They are available 24/7 and always ensure that the problem is resolved to the best of their abilities.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard: there are system limitations that prevent me from filtering the data to carve out a specific population, process, and date range.

Administrative functions: as an administrator, sometimes it’s a bit tricky to navigate around the back-end and I believe full training is required. Once trained, the system is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth investing time to understand the system as an administrator, and also calling the Halogen Support team for any inquiries.

We recently moved over to a monthly check-in process (which replaced our annual review process). We were able to install a plug-in onto Outlook so that we can easily “validate” our check-ins without logging in to Halogen. This helps with some of our employees who aren’t as tech-savvy.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great Product & Great People!"

What do you like best?

Halogen’s customer support team is available 24/7 so I can always get someone no matter what time of day I’m working. They’ve also added a live chat feature for support which I really like.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the new home page but hopefully I’ll get used to it in time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test out the product before purchase to make sure it'll fit your needs. Halogen offers free trials and will do what they can to accommodate testing before buying.

Halogen allows us to be more effective and efficient with our annual review process.

Our employees love the Halogen system and its capabilities. There used to be a lot of complaints about doing performance appraisals under our old system but with Halogen I receive lots of compliments!

Saba TalentSpace review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"An excellent tool to increase positive performance in your organization"

What do you like best?

Halogen has allowed our organization to capture information that will help us make important business decisions around our greatest investment, our people. The "Performance" module streamlines our evaluation process and we have control over how the process will work. We can customize the forms, involve as many levels of reviewers, and keep the evaluation purposeful and relevant to the employees.

The "Learning" module allows us to create customized learning programs for all employees. We have a new employee learning path that all new employees participate in once they are hired. They are even automatically enrolled in the program once we enter their information in Halogen.

What do you dislike?

One limitation we have is assigning organization-wide goals to either all employees, or certain groups of employees, in one simple step. We have identified a work around, however, we would only like the "owner" of the goal to make updates to the goal and it show on the employee's personal goals page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend beginning with Performance and Learning modules. This is a great way to begin conducting effective performance reviews and identifying professional development opportunities for your employees learn and build the KSA needed for their role. It is a win/win for the organization and the employee.

The system is very easy to use, but you will need a dedicated person to really get your return on investment to understand every component of how it works.

The benefits of using Halogen is have one tool to capture all employee's performance, goals, and learning information. This has allowed us to make key business decisions and promote internally.

Saba TalentSpace review by Camille N.
Camille N.

"Light Capabilities with Talent Management"

What do you like best?

It has an intuitive annual review process.

What do you dislike?

What can you do with the review information? There is no way to really compare people in current roles, length's of stay, level in their career, etc. It collects information but then doesn't really make the info work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mainly consider what your needs are, many companies just want to make sure that reviews are happening and that information is recorded, if that's the case - this product will fit the bill.

If what you need is just a formalized way to make sure regular reviews are happening, this is the tool for you. If you need a system to make recommendations of current employees and what to do with you, then this is not the tool for you.

Saba TalentSpace review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Tricky to navigate but useful to track progress for recruitment and onboarding"

What do you like best?

Good reminders to keep track of work or reports that are to be completed

What do you dislike?

Navigation in Halogen can be tricky and using the back button will often lose the progress that you have made which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This allows you to keep applications organised and responses to candidates can be made in a timely manner. Access to uploaded documents such as CVs and recruitment tests help to keep the hiring process orgnanised

Hiring process for candidates to submit CVs, annual appraisals and induction objectives. This helps to keep the hiring process well organised and allows for quick access to applicants information and test results.

Saba TalentSpace review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"used halogen"

What do you like best?

we used it as a manaement tool for human resources at one of the companies worked for they had implemented in order to help with the perofrmance reviews with any of these type of tools you always run into the issue that people just kind of go through the motions and don't really think aobut what they are entering you don't hav eany controls over that in your tool.

What do you dislike?

nothing, it was relatively close to the other icims type tool. i think withe any performance tool you need to have people use it in order to really ge tthe most out of it otherwise people especially for performance reviews tend to not want to complete these at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure that you have Human Resources train this before you implement.

mainly talent management as we were using excel before and difficult to track what the HR responses were so now at least it was contained in a software so that we could see progression as we did different managment reviews. Again this was a software which required minimum training which we liked a lot because that reduced the amount of investment in the product given there were already other fees associated with this.

Saba TalentSpace review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great so far!"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable the forms are for Performance Reviews. The Support team is also very responsive and there is a Live Chat option available! We are also in the process of implementing the Jobvite ATS. So far, that site is great as well!

What do you dislike?

The Learning module does not fully integrate with the Outlook calendars, so employees miss sessions because they did not manually add it to their calendars. A full outlook integration would be very helpful and we could use the Learning module better.

We are eliminating the manual paper process for our performance reviews, which is great! We also have an easy way to manage our training sessions.

Saba TalentSpace review by Barb C.
Barb C.

"TOP NOTCH Customer Service. "

What do you like best?

We adore the customer service Halogen provides. They are always available and we have yet to find an instance where they don't have a solution - even if that is thinking outside of the box. Their support staff is friendly, courteous, and most of all helpful. Could not ask for a better support system, especially upon implementation.

What do you dislike?

We are finding that we dislike that when users request for passwords to be reset and they enter an email, the system will not respond with an error message stating that the email address provided is invalid if it is incomplete or incorrect. It's our understanding that this is a security feature in the event that someone is trying to hack information, but for companies like us (gov't contractor) that often have personal company addresses as well as government issued email addresses, this poses a bit of a hassle when employees are asking why they haven't received new login credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking forward to v12 beta launch coming to us next month.

We are currently focusing on performance assessments and attempting to reduce the amount of time it takes for our managers to complete and provide these assessments. We're finding with the feedback tool, it's especially important to train the managers on the "why this is important" as opposed to just familiarizing them with the tool and saying "Ok, it's here! Go use it!"

Saba TalentSpace review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Performance Reviews made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. All tasks to complete are right there when you log in. Everything is very self explanatory, simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes questions are included that do no apply to your employee review. It would be easier if these are more cleared marked as to who they are for or if they could just be removed depending on your employee status.

It's a good tool to use for self-evaluation as well as getting several different perspectives/evaluations on other employees. And it keeps those evaluations anonymous.

Saba TalentSpace review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Great Performance ManagementPlatform"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the site. It is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There is a significant amount of "touching" involved when setting up/completing a process.

Halogen allows us to search for specific characteristics (Spanish speaking, French speaking, etc) which allows us to search for individuals that possess those characteristics when needed.

Saba TalentSpace review by Hailey T.
Hailey T.

"Employee Goal Setting and Reviews"

What do you like best?

The system is somewhat user friendly, though could use some work (see dislike below)

What do you dislike?

the spellchecking app really needs some updating - it stops at every single name and even things like i. (bulleted items), which is an annoying part of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a great tool if you need to organize many different types of reviews across an agency, helps you stay organized and the reactive reminder to complete tasks is helpful

it allows us to track emloyees, direct reports and out own annual reviews as well as goal setting sessions,

Saba TalentSpace review by Abby S.
Abby S.

"Halogen Software - Performance Management Review"

What do you like best?

The integration capabilities will allow our company to streamline a lot of processes. Also, the customer service that we have received is beyond compare. The Halogen team is always will to help find a solution to any problem that you are having, and it puts an emphasis to trying to find the correct solution quickly.

What do you dislike?

Having to learn any new software system can take some getting used to. We are taking advantage of the various training that is offered.

We are currently trying to integrate our performance appraisal systems and our learning and development pieces.

Saba TalentSpace review by Rebecca U.
Rebecca U.

"A new view on reviews!"

What do you like best?

Halogen has completely changed our organizations outlook on reviews and feedback. It makes providing regular feedback easy through a variety of channels and easily allows you to integrate the feedback to your evaluations.

What do you dislike?

Some of the steps can be cumbersome. The system is not always able to be customized to our organization's unique needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Halogen for those who wish to encourage a more open and frequent exchange between managers and employees.

It has become much easier to hold managers accountable for employee evaluations. Employees and managers alike are very happy to send and receive feedback more than once a year.

Learn more about Saba TalentSpace

Saba TalentSpace Videos

Learning about Saba TalentSpace?

* We monitor all Saba TalentSpace reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.