Betterworks Reviews & Product Details

Betterworks Overview

What is Betterworks?

Betterworks helps companies execute with agility on their business objectives through OKR alignment, commitment, and transparency, empowering people to perform at the highest level. Our combined OKR, Continuous Performance Management® and Engagement solution delivers the critical insights, conversations, feedback, and recognition needed to engage and develop today’s workforce. With Betterworks, organizations can ensure alignment and accountability across the enterprise for sustained competitive advantage. The formula for Better.

Betterworks Details

Betterworks provides continuous performance management to help employees easily set goals/OKRs and give ongoing feedback. It seamlessly connects the performance process – goals/OKRs, check-in conversations, peer feedback and reviews – to help companies improve performance and engagement.

Betterworks helps companies execute on their business objectives with agility through OKR alignment, commitment and transparency, empowering people to perform at the highest level.

BetterWorks

Betterworks Reviews

Showing 120 Betterworks reviews
Already have Betterworks?
Human Resources: Leadership & Development, and HR Communication
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. The tabs are organized in such a way that everything I need is easy to find. It's very intuitive. One can just go in and start using the system.

Another thing that I like about it is the fact that it's customizable. We have done a couple of changes to the specs so that it more closely matches the needs of the company. We have integrated many things such as career development focus for the coming quarter, and testimonials from other users.

One can also view the goals of other employees if they are tagged as viewable by anyone. It makes it easy to benchmark one's goals with the goals of a comparable employee or team.

I can view my goals, the goals of my manager, the goals of my direct reports, and the goals of other people who are not necessarily on my team. If there are corporate goals that many employees are supposed to put under their individual goals, one can very easily view them, and copy-paste if needed.

The fact that you can request feedback from other employees makes it very easy to take other people's points of view when a manager makes a performance evaluation of a team member. One can simply type the name of a person that your team member works with, say an internal client, and request them to provide useful feedback. If you have many direct reports, all that feedback may be accessed in one place. Compared to asking for feedback via email, this method is so much more convenient. With email, I could get several pieces of feedback and have a hard time searching for them, but with Betterworks, they're all in one tab.

I also like it that the manager is alerted once their team member has completed their self-assessment. This makes it easy for the manager to move on the next step of the appraisal process by putting in their own comments to what the employee has written down.

I also like the fact that goals from the previous year are still visible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I suppose the idea of linking my goals with the goals of another person is a bit tricky. That's one thing that I need to figure out how to do. I work around it by just copying and pasting other people's goals that are relevant to me.

I think the term that is used is alignment. When you align your goals to someone else, your goals get linked together. This means that if one person does not meet their goals, it will impact the other person's rating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, it simplifies your life. Ask people who have used the system to get an idea of what their experience is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is the fact that it's a central repository of everyone's goals. All employees who are not front-liners have their goals documented in the system. This makes it very easy to do performance appraisals. One simply needs to compare what someone has achieved versus what they originally wrote down as a goal at the beginning of the year.

The option to click on radio buttons that specify whether someone has achieved all of their goals, some but not all, or not at all, takes the guesswork when determining whether someone has completed their goals or not. The percentage of completion for each of the goals also makes it easy to determine just how far an employee has gotten towards accomplishing all their goals.

This makes it easy for all employees to articulate, document, and update their goals for the year. As soon as they make some progress towards the completion of their goal, they can simply update each one, using both the percentage completion, and a comments section that allows them to enter useful information such.

The company also uses Betterworks to get people to say their career focus for the next quarter will be. This is giving employees a chance to tell their manager what's on their mind as far as career growth is concerned.

Another thing that we have added to the system are 3 options that allow an employee to declare what they would like to happen to their career. They can choose any of the following options: enhance, expand, or explore. The first option means they would like to further deepen their knowledge and skills about their current role. The second option means they are looking for advancement, either in the form of a promotion or additional training, or additional coverage. The third option means they're ready to look for roles outside of their current team or larger group.

This makes it so easy for anyone to tell their manager exactly what they want to happen to their career. There is also some room for them to enumerate the actions that they will take to support their chosen career focus.

When it's time for the manager and the team member to have their regular meeting, the manager can simply access what the team member has written down, react to it, and prepare for their one-on-one.

Here is a list of benefits that we have seen: faster collaboration, ease of entering one's goals and documenting progress, higher compliance to documenting one's goals, and greater employee satsifaction specifically in the area of performance management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Goals and Monthly Check-in/YES tracking are very helpful in setting up and tracking the priorities. It also helps in backtracking conversations which was a nightmare looking into emails/documents previously.

Might be an organization specific setting, but I like it very much that I can see public goals for anyone in the organizations. And the linking of goals is a great feature as well, as it helps in appropriately aligning the priorities within an Org. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI could have been better, Like I feel that the current one looks too bright and previous version was much better, similarly others may have different opinion, so providing themes might be best.

Having a Rich Text box with Bullets and basic formatting like bold/italics/underling would make the text much more readable, especially for the Monthly Checkin/YES forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try having some sort of integration like the Nudge and remind features with collaboration tools like Slack for immediate/effective notifications, email notifications are fine too but comparatively less effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

• Defining Goals, aligning to the organizational goals and then capturing progress

• Monthly Conversations and Year End Summary tracking

• Getting Insights around others else's goals in the organizations

• Following People whom I want to get notified when they act upon something.

• Giving and receiving feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Betterworks
G2
What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to use, and making updates is quick and easy. It's simple to add new objectives, tag collaborators, and complete check-ins regularly without taking too much time away from the work you're actually tracking. It's also easy to link your personal objectives to your manager's, and all the way to company-level priorities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once you create an objective, it's not very clear how to slide or defer it. We all know that business priorities change, and sometimes an objective is 50% complete because the client or company pivoted, not because you lapsed in your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is easy to use and only takes a few minutes to update each week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Betterworks is a much more effective way to track progress than the old method my company used, which deferred updates into one large chunk at the end of the quarter. Making regular updates and working collaboratively is a much more agile method of keeping track of work goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Ease in goal setting.

Easy to use for manager and to employees as well.

Friendly reminders for check-ins for the one-on-one meetings.

Easily set goals for each one on one meeting which is very helpful for me and for my manager during the meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Your app is perfect.

Would love to have a mobile app as well and receive push notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you should definitely try this awesome tool. It helps in defining company/teams/individual goals, define the agenda of meeting/one-one-one meeting. It shows where we we stand in completing a particular goal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Easily setting goals for team and individual.

2. Quickly define the agenda of one on one meeting before meeting.

3. Can easily see my and my peers goals. This help me understand where am I standing in the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BAF
What do you like best?

Easy to use for all levels of a company.

Weekly reminders to check-in for meetings with the manager.

Helps in setting a goal for each meeting/quarter/year which is very helpful in tracking the progress of organization/team/individual Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Betterworks is perfect.

I am a person who uses mobile more, so would be great if you provide a mobile app as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't miss out on this cool software to define organizational/team level or personal goals.

Really helpful for defining the agenda of the meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. It was difficult to define an agenda for each meeting, better work solved this problem for us.

2. Setting goals for organization, team, individual was messy, but Betterwork has solved the problem.

3. Can quickly check my goals as well as other goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Leader
What do you like best?

The upsides of Betterworks is that the GUI is very easy to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the current time there isn't anything that I don't like about Betterworks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are always goals and objectives that we are assigned to complete w/in the year. With Betterworks, you are reminded to update your status on those goals, your percentage complete and a good visual representation that lets you see if you are in jeopardy of missing your end date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to add and manage objectives and key results. This is far better than tracking this manually through an online spreadsheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could rank objectives and then sort on that ranking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend setting this up yourself. I don't feel Betterworks needs to implement this for you. It is that easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to align objectives across the company and provide visibility across the business on what each area is working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Analyst
What do you like best?

Betterworks has always played a key role in shaping up the career and also set the goals for every quarter, which helped me individually to focus on the set goals and also to achieve better tasks in a timely manner. Especially manager & associate conversation are more insightful. it's easy to use on multiple platforms, like apple & android.

I like the live chat option as well. This absolutely transparent to even the goals of the leaders in the organisation which helps set your focus and run towards it. I think its very helpful large organisations to keep multiple employees track and help in goal setting and track.

BetterWorks has worked really well for us to be able to share progress, celebrate wins, stay focused, and collaborate across departments to best leverage our unique skills to achieve our top company goals. We've been using it for going on four quarters now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside, multiple tabs its confusing in the beginning to understand the layout but later on once you get used to it, can figure out quite easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing at the moment, please continue the way it is working now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helped focus on the goals provided in each quarter or even every six months, especially recorded all the achievements and improvement points in a time line.Especially every the conversations happened, I had something to look forward, clearly showcased where I failed and where I lacked my performance.Absolutely the best in employee engagement and also helps in progress tracking, can see other peers goals for the year and understand what we can improvise the best. Individual contributors can review themselves easily as much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP, Talent Management
What do you like best?

There is so much I like about this system. From a user experience perspective it really doesn't get much easier. Our employees were able to quickly adopt multiple "modules" (Goals, Conversations & Feedback) within Betterworks with very little training. The conversations module is my absolute favorite as it pulls everything a manager/employee would need to have a conversation into 1 well organized page; goals, feedback, prior 1:1 meetings and employee/manager questions that both parties can answer all from 1 easy screen! From a goals perspective most of our organization uses the goals module for tracking traditional goals while some use it to track their OKRs and it works great for both. Everything on the user side is so simple! Also, the system is fairly configurable and very quick and easy to do - you can just about set up the system yourself. We plan to launch their recognition module and their recently launched calibration (9-block) module within the next 2 months.

Customer support is A+. From my sales guy, to my implementation manager to my account manager and everywhere in-between they all want us (my company) to be successful. They are more than just tacticians and they truly helped me think through my program. They have also been extremely responsive to our needs/questions and give me as much time as I have need with them. They are open to my feedback on system enhancements and already in the first few months of being a customer they have taken some (not all) of our recommendations and made enhancements to their platform. It's been a great experience so far! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, this product is well thought out and we really like it! Probably the biggest opportunity with this product is their reporting and analytics - very basic and not very robust at the moment. Feedback module seems to still be growing but performs good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not seen a better tool/system to support the needs of a company who has or is implementing a continous performance management process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1.5 years ago we moved away from annual performance reviews and to quarterly check-ins. After our first quarterly check-in within Betterworks we were able to double the number of participants completing check-in conversations (it is just so much easier that what we had prior). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly layout, after a few minutes the training can walk you through just about every feature. I love that I can continuously track and share my goals and objectives for my current role. It keeps me confident I can move in a better working direction than without Betterworks. I also like how I am able to view my team's and organization's goals and align myself with them.

It is one of the most simple platform to use related to performance goals. That my manager and executives can glance at when it comes time to talk about my performance. It makes my day to day easier in that Betterworks prepares me for a positive review of my job performance and goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That there are some folks who need additional training, so if there were a way to track folks who don't use it correctly an administrator can reach out to assist them with proper training. It's normally those who don't use it regularly, so I think getting leaders more in-depth training first and guiding their team through may help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving how to be better in my current and create sustainable future goals that are fair. The benefits are efficiency, I am more organized, and less stressed when it comes time to talk about my performance. It's all documented in betterworks and there for a better review than with it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to align to higher level goals, and for management see a broad overview of everyone's progress in one place. It does take constant work to motivate our teams to input their data into Betterworks, but it does pay off. Once that data is in, it is invaluable. I really appreciate the work Betterworks has put in to make inputting that data as easily as possible. By providing a Chrome plugin, a slack plugin, and an easy interface, it stays close to the team's workflow, and tends to remind them on its own, to keep updating their goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems that without constant practice, it is hard to figure out the relationship between the navigation links and the filters (My Objectives, My Peers, Top Company, Objectives, Objectives I Follow). Do the links just assign a preset of filters or do they do more than that? Can you access the same information from any link by changing your filters, or is there information that can only be gained by being on certain links? When I watch my teammates, and can tell they struggle with the same lack of understanding. It could just be a proper training is needed to understand that, but it's not intuitive enough for any of us to figure out on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to get caught in the idea that if everyone is inputting and updating krs that the data is trustworthy, but that isn't necessarily true. We have found it takes a lot of conversations and careful comparisons of those conversations to the data we've collected to know what we we can trust and what we can't. It takes a lot of work to get train your team to record the right goals and objectives. We are still learning, and probably have a long way to go before considering the data we see in Betterworks as a trustworthy source of truth for the current state of our company. The software is great, and gives us invaluable tools and direction, but if you're not careful, and it can you a false sense of progress or complacency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a way to visualize and direct what everyone is working on, accomplishing, etc, and betterworks provides a great interface for that. All of our employees now have objectives and krs, and we constantly encourage them to create and update those. Measuring objectives that span multiple teams/departments used to require a meeting with each of the department heads. Now it is as easy as checking in with Betterworks. We have saved ourselves a lot of meeting time by using betterworks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

English Language Instructor
What do you like best?

I really like how the tool provides a platform to assist in setting goals per quarter with the goal in mind to enhance performance in specific areas. I highly recommend Betterworks strategic concept of making a tool that can be tailored to each individual's goals in mind. This is a great tool that can be used to measure efficiency and progress when setting goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike as the tool is simplified and easy to use, with having a set goal put in place. This is a great tool that can be used to measure efficiency and progress when setting goals. I highly recommend Betterworks strategic concept of making a tool that can be tailored to each individual's goals in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool that can be used to measure efficiency and progress when setting goals. I really like how the tool provides a platform to assist in setting goals per quarter with the goal in mind to enhance performance in specific areas. I highly recommend Betterworks strategic concept of making a tool that can be tailored to each individual's goals in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using better works to input goals that I would like to achieve for the quarter. This allows me to track my progress in reaching a higher proficiency in the standards I set. I highly recommend Betterworks strategic concept of making a tool that can be tailored to each individual's goals in mind. This is a great tool that can be used to measure efficiency and progress when setting goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Architect
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add goals and milestones to see a percentage completion bar to track my objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Editing the end date of a milestone can be a bit confusing - as it is based off of the main goal date. Having the ability to edit the date from within could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Betterworks will help your team to collaborate and achieve their tasks with a more organized approach. Having this in place with help with time management, seeing your team in a holistic way, and giving them the ability to track details on how their projects are coming along. The view is user friendly and easy to maintain - which is one of the most detracting aspects when it comes to managing your teams goals. Highly recommend this is put into use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized by closely tracking my progress I am able to complete more high value tasks - as I it helps me focus and complete more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Betterworks simple interface and user friendly. In an organisation we can clearly the goals set by executives and how the priority changes along with deliverables. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Until now I didn't any see any dislike features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Undoubtedly Betterworks is good product to keep track of Comapny and Individual KPI metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betterworks helps to setup clear goals for each quarters. I can clearly see how the deliverables are progressing week on week basis. It helps me to update management on different projects progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keep track of progress made, contributions done in one place which can be easily viewed by your manager Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

manually updating everytime by going into portal would be better if some specific set of questions come over slack to update my progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of my achievements all in one place which is also visible to my manager Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate as user. Good visibility into other team member goals. Easy access with SSI (Okta). Ability for organisation to share Company-wide goals. Good filter settings to see current and past goals. Recent “View Stream” cards update is a nice addition, easy to keep track of next steps in and to get updates on team progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Looks a bit plain, only a small complaint however. For it's purpose, I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user, I find the software easy-to-use and serves its purpose well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Formal and structured goal setting and achievement. Nice to have an easy-to-use tool that helps with performance management. Ability to set individual and team goals. Helping to formalise and record review which is directly used to influence promotions, salary increase and bonus achievment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It's easy to use (and easy to customize and administer) and people really seem to engage with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some functionality I would like to see, like the ability for admins to proxy to help managers, but I believe they are always working on improvements, so excited to see what else they come up with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your organization is looking for a way to truly integrate feedback and 1:1's into your daily work lives, check Betterworks out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More engagement - not just that yearly login to the performance management system to write a novel on how the year went. Now it's monthly, engaging conversations with templates that both the manager and employee can use. The feedback module is a great tool for our organization, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Project Manager
What do you like best?

Betterworks is generally very easy to use! This is refreshing to see when so many products seem to be created and tested only by Developers, rarely with the end user in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it is difficult to associate Key Results with those of colleagues. This may be intentional (given the logic of Objectives vs. OKRs), but I would like to see the tool becoming more tailored to the desired employee usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betterworks certainly makes it easier to align one's work to that of the employer's strategic aims. It also adds the benefit of transparency in what each one of us is working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to keep track of tasks and goals while sharing seamlessly with my manager and peers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have a mobile application for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easier to keep track of tasks and goals which in turn keeps me on track throughout the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We are using Praises, setting up and following okr's and performance reviews. I love the fact that all is in one place. No need to switch around different apps. It visually pretty and you immediately see where to put your efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we first took the app into use, understanding the logic seemed like a bit of a nightmare. We deleted each other objectives and had lots of duplicates in the system. Also sometimes it's hard to find the correct views to view i.e. team level OKR's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have an expert implementing and getting you know the system. It might seem painful at the beginning but the reward is at the end when people no what is expected of them and can contribute to company level tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can easily follow what's happening objective-wise in our company. When you have almost 250 employees you rarely know what the person few rooms from you is doing. Now we have a tool where we can easily check and contribute to others tasks. Also I love the fact that we can easily give praises to colleagues for job well done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buyer
What do you like best?

Everything just works! I was able to get in and out with no hassle and continue on with my day. The layout is clean and very easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No issues so far as i have began to use it no so long ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a chance and you'll be satisfied for sure. It is a robust platform which is just easy to use.

You'll be able to focus on accomplishing your objectives without worrying about an obtrusive our clunky system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to keep an active role in realizing the company's and, of course, my objectives as well as having a platform for better understanding how my actions within the organization are perceived. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate On-Channel Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

I like the social component where you can check on shared goals and collaborated projects to reach said goals. It is beneficial to align your goals with those of your manager or fellow colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My goals have been erased numerous times because there is no save option when you are typing out your goals. There should be a preview option and a save option, instead of just a post one. It can be a bit confusing knowing when your work has been saved or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the training session a bit more streamlined. Our training session was rushed and was administered right when we were goal-setting and beginning the process of quarterly assessments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel am able to better plan and track my growth throughout the different quarters of the year. Previously, I was not tracking my individual performance on a quarterly basis; instead, I was tracking my performance yearly during our yearly self-evaluation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Monthly check in, Update progress tab, Year end summary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The graphical representation and user interface of goals can be better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Goal tracking, Individual career growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the interactive aspect it brings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not always sure when I have messages or need to check in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teamwork, collaborating, setting goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.