Betterworks

Betterworks provides continuous performance management to help employees easily set goals/OKRs and give ongoing feedback. It seamlessly connects the performance process – goals/OKRs, check-in conversations, peer feedback and reviews – to help companies improve performance and engagement.

Work for Betterworks?

Learning about Betterworks?

Betterworks Reviews

Ask Betterworks a Question
Showing 74 Betterworks reviews
Freya O.

"It looks good!"

What do you like best?

Gives clarity of company structure, it's simple and very easy to navigate. It also has a lot of training videos on how to maximise use.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I have notifications and I go to click on it, the notification doesn't go away. Sometimes it's hard to use the measurement scale for objectives, need other metrics but I have been told I can fix this - need to figure out how.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good to document conversations but it's difficult to measure objective progress as you have to do it out of 100 which is not always easy for us.

I have realised how much work that goes into completing each objective. Solves problem of not having documented 1:1 meetings with my line manager.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Betterworks

"Betterworks is great to manage company OKRs"

What do you like best?

That it allows users to enter in their OKRs and measure their progress towards their goals. It's also a great way to keep everyone's OKRs consistent across the org.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how hard it is to find team members and set up org /hierarchy structures. I also dislike how there are little to no alerts (ex quarter starting, quarter ending, check in on your OKRs and adjust your progress). I also dislike how it doesnt account for cross team goals and how dependent and inter-related all goals are. For ex, product & engineering OKRs are directly related to sales' goals.

Betterworks allows us to offer employees a consistent and semi automated way to track performance and progress towards goals and make goal-setting, performance management, and growth tracking easier and more consistent across. As a manager, its helped me understand performance goals in a more quantitative and objective way, making it easy for me to have performance evaluation conversations.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

"strengthen teamwork and improve work efficiency"

What do you like best?

I was able to break down my bigger goals into smaller objectives that are more attainable and had a more realistic timeframe, by using the betterworks. It helps to clarify the goals of individuals and teams, strengthen teamwork and improve work efficiency.

What do you dislike?

If the classification is not clear enough, it may lead to confusion of some work tasks, which need to be checked frequently, and the correction can be better classified.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Finishing feels good, can record work well.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Easy and Clean"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that as a team you are able to collaborate through work tasks and keep track of where you are at efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work in an environment that is Task/Project driven then Betterworks is definitely to be considered as you have a clear visual of where you are at with your tasks and this also provides that visibility to your superiors as to when a task will be completed and delivered.

Keeping track of project progress is a major benefit. Instead of having to manually create spreadsheets to keep track of tasks we can now create the task in Betterworks and update the progress.

Ricardo A.

"Awesome goal management software"

What do you like best?

It´s very easy to define, clarify and follow everybody´s goals

Now everything its crystal clear about goals. Goals we are achieveing and what goals needs to be improved, how people work align with others to reach biggers goals.

Betterworks it´s amaizing to help teams and individuals to focus their efforts in the most important things.

It´s very helpful to improve productivity

I love it.

What do you dislike?

Very often, people gets confused about how to manage bigger and mid term goals with their daily work. It`s easy to see what we are trying to achieve in a Q or month period. But BW doesn´t help you in organize your daily work, so we need to use another tools in order to do that.

The ideal would be that some how you can integrate your daily work and task organizing method with BW.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have clear goals

You need to be ready and comitment to manage change

If you are not now, improve your knowledge about goal science and OKR`s. There is a lot of information on internet and BW will provide you with a lot too. But in order to get the most of the software, your process to define, set and follow goals needs to be in the right direction.

Improve productivity by improving transparency. Nobody can hide anymore

Clarify and improve understanding and how individuals and teams contribute a bigger goal and strategies.

Improve cross team collaboration, because it's easy to define responsibilities and follow up in an easy to use platform. Everybody can see whats going on.

Execution, by assigning priorities and goals, making plans realities.

Naomi B.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

I like how we can share our goals with others and how you can assign a task to a colleague when creating your goal. Also the Org chart view helps to get to know who could have similar goals as you. The link between goals is excellent! It help us see how aligned with the main company goals we are.

What do you dislike?

That it automatically hides previous objectives; there's no tab in the quick view for that, but that's a small nuisance. I didn't understand well the "conversations" tab and the explanations were not very helpful.

When creating metric in a task, it doesn't learn, I use a certain unit for metrics repeatedly and have to enter it as a new one every time. Maybe something in the programming could be added for it to "learn" a unit?

That I can't assign "levels" to a goal, (eg: acceptable outcome, expected outcome and extra=mile outcome)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure employees know the theory behind the tool BEFORE implementing

It has helped to align employees goals to the main company goals. Helps increase transparency. Helped close the gap among employees caused by the long distances between offices.

Sameer G.

"BetterWorks brings a more granular visibility to key milestones of large projects/programs"

What do you like best?

Betterworks has made the communication of the key milestones very clear.

If the milestones are captured correctly, then knowing a real time status and the progress of a milestone is very easy.

It helps to decide in advance the measurement criteria of a give Key Result

It helps to agree on the dates within which the Key Results needs to be achieved and Objectives completed

Encourages collaboration between the people who are involved in the Objectives & Key Results

What do you dislike?

One of the things which does not work very clearly is the % completion of the Objectives. Adding Key results does create some issues but that is more related to the user maturity

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This should not be used as a project management tool. It is a fantastic tool to track and report on high level milestones and collaborate with the people who are involved in a give Objective or Key Results.

Having a single source of truth for the real-time communication of the progress on the Objectives and milestones. Everyone across the board - Senior Executives, Project Team and the Customers of the the project can all have the same simplified view of the progress. It has reduced the amount of time spent on preparing communications

Marcus B.

"Yield Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and very intuitive. I was able to dive in and start creating objectives even before I had the official training in my office. I also like the ability to manage everything using the app, even when I am not near my laptop. The objectives are displayed on the screen in a manner that is easy to see and use. It is also easy to set up each layer for your goals. The weekly summary that is sent on Sundays is very helpful and is a good reminder to keep everything on track.

What do you dislike?

The fact that everyone can see your objectives. I would prefer the ability to control the visibility that others have into your own objectives (sharing all the details vs. sharing top level objective title only vs. only visible to direct manager, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for setting up and tracking professional and personal objectives. A nice way to keep track of your progress and keep yourself motivated.

I was able to break down my bigger goals into smaller objectives that are more attainable and had a more realistic timeframe, by using the objective setup tool in betterworks. As a new employee, I also benefited from seeing what overall objectives the company's CEO had set for himself and the company, and how it aligned down to his direct reports and so on. And I could also align my own objectives with my team, my direct manager and the rest of the company.

Tushar J.

"Simplest goals management tool I have ever come across !"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up goals, assigning them to relevant colleagues, collaboratively working towards achieving them is excellent.

The dashboards are very informative and give you a quick understanding on the performance of your projects and objectives.

Great flexibility in terms of choosing metrics of performance measurement.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow weighted average system to calculate percentage of goal achievement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best tool to implement with least change management effort. People will get trained on the job !

Highly recommend it to all those who are interested in managing their performance better.

Managing a large scale global program requires you to keep a lot of stakeholders updated on how is the program performing and what are the areas of attention. Betterworks has helped me in managing a complex program for which I need inputs and attention of 50+ stakeholders.

By simply spending 1 hour every week to update the goals and objectives, I am able to efficiently circulate the information that would otherwise take me 4 hours.

Benefits :

Openly sharing the objectives and related key results. Complete transparency and excellent collaboration.

Andrew M.

"BetterWorks allows me to focus on what is important rather than just being busy."

What do you like best?

The visual dashboard allows for quick realization of what to work on next or which goals need more progress.

What do you dislike?

The inability to give custom weights to certain goals over other ones makes BetterWorks difficult to spend X% more on certain goals over others. I understand that by underweighting a goal as compared to another it forces one to focus on one and not the other, but many times that is how performance works.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BetterWorks can help you focus on what is important, organizing and tracking goal progress.

I'v realized that being productive is more about getting the right things done, not just getting anything done. BetterWorks allows me to focus on what matters to myself and my company.

Not only is BetterWorks a quality tool for yourself to maintain order and structure with your own work, but you can communicate to a larger audience at the same time.

Bhavin B.

"Amazing Experience better works"

What do you like best?

Its having clean UI. I like features of growing tree (Something cool).

It has everything what you need for. I also like different variation of parameters to measure your goal. Not one size fit to everyone, they have percentage/time measurements. Overall nice and easy. Awesome product

What do you dislike?

Comments come on bottom of the page, somehow it doesn't show with goal tasks. Not a major issue but small UI change might help.

We use for tracking goals.

While using this we have everything at one place, we can see our goals + colleges goals + goals of people working above us. Biggest benefit is we can align our goals according to goals of people on top. We have clear vision where we are heading, company is heading and systematic track as we progress.

"Nice collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to control progress, and to share goals and to collaboratore between different teams and even inside the same teams

What do you dislike?

Usability could be improved, updating goals is not so intuitive, also filters are a weak point

We create quarterly goals and align them with other teams goals , in order to be able to share progress and to have a shared and unified view of a lot of projects across the entire organizations.

Jira and google sheets integrations are very useful in order to have automatic updates for each individual milestone

Manav S.

"Finding the right balance between form and function for aligning organization-wide objectives"

What do you like best?

BetterWorks grows with the user. You can get productive using it in first 10 minutes, if you are just getting started. As a power user within days you will be adding BetterWorks to your meetings, team workflow, strategy reviews, KPI/KRA updates, performance management, collaboration with cross-functional teams, reporting, dashboards, and more.

What do you dislike?

Why does BetterWorks not do a personal or consumer version of their product? I would like to use it to manage by personal objectives and key results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implementation is stages, top-down helps. Once the organization leaders adopt the platform, set in their OKRs, update regularly, next line of adopters are able to align to top level objectives and key results. Encourage users to get started with OKR champions at all levels.

BetterWorks implements "Gamification" with just the right balance to continue encouraging increased usage without being over zealous or intrusive in your day to day work.

Ultimately BetterWorks integrates with your existing workflow including email digests for goals updates, tracking metrics-driven key results, communicating organization objectives at all levels, and monitoring performance transparently across cross-functional, geo-dispersed teams.

Organization wide adoption of OKRs for (a) better alignment with strategic objectives, (b) increased transparency and collaboration among cross-functional operations.

Gino S. D.

"Better Works for Managing a Sales Team"

What do you like best?

I like the UI and layout - very easy to use and setup. Perfect for using during weekly 1:1s. This is important for adoption. In the past I have used other less intuitive/simple tools for coaching and the adoption was a lot less seamless. It became a pain point of the reps and management included.

What do you dislike?

It is not too interactive - the timeline of comments and feedback etc can start to add up and become hard to measure the actual progress or milestones. It is hard for the team to work together, as a result we only use this as a tool for 1:1 coaching instead of entire team progress and milestones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a simple UI that doesn't require nearly any training and can be used by all of management in different ways - BetterWorks is a good option. If you are looking for a Goals Platform that allows for teams to be competitively compared I would use an alternative dashboard. Ultimately we have adopted it as a coaching tool to mark off individual progress.

It really helps me stay focused and organized in 1:1s. I am able to show different % completions or how far along someone is on a coaching item of focus etc. It is almost like my personal planner for weekly 1:1s and allows not only me as a manager to stay focused but to also have my team hold me accountable on agreed upon areas of coaching focus.

Maxim K.

"A great framework for showing off"

What do you like best?

I like how BetterWorks allows me to stay organised and set my targets clear. We use a quarterly scheme so I'm spending a day thinking on my next objectives and this helps me to appreciate the work I've done in the last Q and be inspired enough to start another chapter of my career. It's also motivating to see others progress and the top company's objectives, so I feel very much aligned.

What do you dislike?

Interface seems to be too complex to use, it's definitely not a zen thing. It's hard to get started because there is no good examples of real tasks in the beginning. The examples were all about management stuff and sales, but how about other profiles like developers and web-designers? We have a lot of people using the BW for any job they do, they couldn't understand how to formulate their Objectives because it's not as simple as "increase revenue - 10% wow 20% super 30% amazing". Also I'd advise to keep a few objectives to be personal, but objectives have not such tags. Of course this can be set by a prefix in title, but c'mon.

We've forced every employee to use BW for their objective despite their job profile, so the org chart shows almost entire company. It's very easy to see who is responsible for and who reports to whom. I've realized that it's quite easy to formulate objectives well and this helps me better understand what I'm going to do.

Better works stimulates to be better: to have very clarified objectives and to have the key results shine. It's great framework for showing off.

"BETTERWORK REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I like many thing in better work. first when you work on it for every project you are create objective. in every week better work send you the notification mail for your and your team mates project updates. you can see your project update in many way like graphical or percentage. when ever you check in and comment on your work the completion of project percentage is increment.in better works the transparency level of manager, lead and employee is increased and every one see the project status any where and any time.

What do you dislike?

i like everything in better works but sometimes i feel that everyone see the all your team mates project updates either it is relevant to someone or not, but in positive way its good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

actually i am not solving any business problem on this platform, i am just creating the objective as per the requirement and update this on weekly basis to show my lead to check the current status and whats going on this project and how much completed. i realized that when ever we are updating any comment and check in the percentage or graphical level in increased, so the transparency level is increased between the lead or manager and employee.

"Great software, clean UI"

What do you like best?

You can easily create goals and clone or allow team members to follow them. Great metrics, and comments section. I also like the reminders and how they add a calendar invite to remind me.

What do you dislike?

When I log in there's not an easy way to look at my future goals. It took me many clicks to see it. I wish all my goals past and future were in one place. I also think there is a bug or something because anytime I create goals and milestones, the very last milestone on a goal does not show the due date. I change it refresh it and it still doesnt show. Also, its hard to view comments. I'd like the comments to show under the goal so i can easily find it, not in the comment section in a completely diff place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing i can think of, it looks great.

When I have big tasks, I create goals around them and its acts as a reminder. It also shows my accomplishments and quarterly goals for bonus and annual review.

Zachary J.

"An on-par tool with a better future"

What do you like best?

The ability to capture objectives and key results (OKRs), in an organic but structured manner, is the breadwinning trait of this tool. The integration with Jira and other operational tools cinches Betterworks as a strong product in the fight for clear steering of business. The clean UI on web andmobile makes it feel well to use and present from.

What do you dislike?

The most powerful feature of the OKRs, ranges and completion progress, is far from a native configuration. It's actually quite hard even for a skilled user. The mobile app is naive, and does little more than show items.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Engage the product team about their roadmap; this will encourage them to head in the right directions - sooner. They have been very friendly with me, given my UX experience from which to dialogue.

My need is to coordinate the efforts of Engineering, Editorial, and Marketing organizations. Betterworks lets us roll-up our departmental data into the high-level guidance and arcs of the company. We should be able to do this with minimal effort so that we can plan and execute on more opportunities for business.

Once we learned how to setup the OKRs for range display, and chose the right integrations, we found that we could rapidly see the progression of our business efforts. It also has stimulated new discussion about the impact of those efforts (some more, some less) and the time-to-impact. This can take us more toward a science of our business management.

HANUMANTHA RAO B.

"Its truely a Visual treat"

What do you like best?

I loved the way Goals & Milestones are Visual Represented.

What do you dislike?

I feel there should be an option given to add task lists to accomplish milestones Or at least to plan a routine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It makes managers life's easier. The way they Documented about OKR model is self Explanatory & I feel It's the best in the market at this point.

Business Problem: Making everyone in the organisation working towards one single Quarterly Goal.

Benefits:

1) Goals give Big Picture about what He/She is going to achieve & Milestone will help to Guide & motivate to reach that Goal.

Ivan M.

"Great visualisation"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to present your progress. Also it highlights weak points. Team and department aggregation works good.

What do you dislike?

Goals become archived when deadline is passed. You need to do some extra filtering to make a retrospective overview.

Goals list filter itself does not have search by key word. It is a must have feature if you manage a lot of goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Will recommend

Software Engineering Management. Reporting become much more efficient with BW. Central place where everybody report his progress make it easy to present during team calls.

Erin S.

"Great Platform, Great Team"

What do you like best?

My experience rolling BetterWorks out to our larger company has been a really interesting and exciting journey. I have partnered closely with the BetterWorks team in ensuring the success of this platform in every way. What I like best about it is it's flexibility and versatility. As a company, we are constantly changing and therefore we needed something that could support that. We had outgrown our previous goal tracking process (PAPER!) and realized we needed a streamlined approach that allowed people to update as the environment changed and priorities shifted. BetterWorks allowed for this, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

One of the positives to the system is that there are so many different ways to do things. However, this can sometimes be confusing/challenging for people as they are learning the system because they are just looking for ONE way to do something or see something and there are so many options. I found this to be a bit of a training struggle as a result.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak to other companies that are currently using it and what their experience is and also how they rolled it out to the company.

I think initially we were just looking for a system that would support our fast paced, dynamic culture. However, through use of BetterWorks at team meetings, town halls, larger department meetings we have realized it's help in things like transparency across groups, focus, prioritization, and recognition and employee engagement. These benefits come naturally with a system like BetterWorks but it was not necessarily something we realized when initially engaging with the company.

User in Industrial Automation

"BetterWorks OKR System"

What do you like best?

I have found the "Plans" feature to be a great platform to allow individuals within a group to view the groups direction and directly contribute to the top level goals.

What do you dislike?

If the cascading of goals were a little more intuitive. It's hard to determine how to appropriately assign a contributor with a sub-objective and key results that are quantified differently from the top level goal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time to become educated and fully understand the system before entering any goals. Utilize a team of internal specialists to help guide the user base.

Organization and cross communication has been significantly enhanced. We are able to stay on the same page and make sure we are all pushing towards the same set of goals.

UF

"Enjoying using this tool"

What do you like best?

I like the OKR method / tool, and was only introduced to it recently via BetterWorks. I think the best part is that it is Social amongst co-workers we can align with others objectives within the organization.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the UI has been changing rapidly over the past 6 months and I can't seem to remember where to find things that I remember using previously. i.e., the navigation could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. It doesn't take long to try it out, and I think anyone utilizing OKRs will find it helpful.

As part of the larger organization, it keeps us working towards common goals. As a developer it is helping me focus on particular career / self-improvement improvement goals.

António L.

"Betterworks, my best player during 2016 to help me to achieve and manage my goals."

What do you like best?

Usability - Simple/Intuitive

Adoption - Easy

KPI exposure/Analysis - Easy and fantastic

Support BAU and quick answers - High

What do you dislike?

Nothing in concreate. For me it is great, Good enough.

I really want to see implemented a feature : Who can help me for this propose!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You realy empower your team, you will manage better your goals.

You will have information everywhere any time with Mobile solution.

Improve goals achivements within the team

Clear/Public/Tranparent Objectives within the team and in front of Management

UT
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Betterworks Review - for BDR"

What do you like best?

the ability to track my team's progress and the ability to layer OKRs underneath over-arching company goals. Salesforce integration is also super helfpul.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes... all of my goals are very objective (since I'm in sales) so its very easy to just hook these up to salesforce and track progress. I think with more subjective goals is the variable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Also, this gives full visability to what everyone else in the company is working on, which I think is important.

I am tracking sales leads and sales deals closed. I like having direct access to my team's goals and show that they are checking in... this gives me confidence that they are aware of what they still have to accomplish.

Learn more about Betterworks

Betterworks Videos

Learning about Betterworks?

* We monitor all Betterworks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.