With NetSuite the CRM offers a complete SFA (Sales Force Automation) as you expect it. it is not as "shiny" as other CRMs but the real true benefits are:
- you always have access to all company data
accounting I congtrolling I reporting I KPIs I marketing I service I projects I items I production I sales from all channels
- NetSuite is easily and fully customisable. Therefore IF you need changes with the CRM you do not have to do any additional changes. Which you would have to using another CRM. Changes would have to be made done 1. in the CRM 2. in the API and 3. in the ERP.
That's all taking to long. Imagine the sales team needs accounting information e.g. customer has overdue invoices. You would have to ask the IT team to make these available for the sales team, customise the API, customise the CRM, test everything etc...
With NetSuite it's all just there.
- NetSuite has powerful tools e.g. a workflow engine. You can make use of this to build your own sales workflows.
- NetSuite also has partners building interesting addon called "SuiteApps" (suiteapp.com). E.g. Alterview has bulit the Kanban addon.
- NetSuite has a "bullet proof" release update process. You never have to worry about updates which is natural for public cloud solutions. but with NetSuite it is also true for all the SuiteApps you choose to use as they are undergoing a strong BFN = Built for NetSuite process which is taking care of the quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.