ADP RUN

ADP RUN

Whether you’ve been in business for 25 years or you’re just getting started, RUN Powered by ADP® can help. They've spent countless hours — and burned through even more cups of coffee — building a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution to help you get back to the work that matters most to you.

Work for ADP RUN?

Learning about ADP RUN?

ADP RUN Reviews

Ask ADP RUN a Question
Showing 144 ADP RUN reviews
ADP RUN review by Brina M.
Brina M.

"All Around Satisfied - Product and Team "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how user friendly their system is. I also find that they are extremely responsive when I have a question about processing my payroll. I am a big fan of the app. I really like i can choose when I want to process payroll. I appreciate the app is so user friendly for my employees that they can add direct deposit info and check their earnings and information. I also appreciate the "tips" they send out. I handle PR and HR so having the additional information is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike yet. I think my only criticism would be their nationwide system does not seem to talk to each other, or they hire some cold callers that don't really look into the potential client. When I first signed up, or back up, with ADP, I was receiving a lot of sales emails from other employees. They did finally stop after a few emails to my representative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for simply and cost effective. ADP is the way to go. They have great customer service you are assigned a rep for each area you work with, with them, and your main contact is there to support and assist every step of the way.

We were able to bring payroll back in house and safe a LOT of money. My employees can log into their own app and view their earning, request reprints of stubs. All of which I had to personally request for them using our previous payroll company. I can easily issue advances and set up payback plans for the employee.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP RUN
ADP RUN review by Ashley Bea P.
Ashley Bea P.

"Easy & Reliable Service"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to enter and review my weekly payroll online. ADP makes it easy to track employee information, payroll figures, and payroll taxes. It is so convenient to be able to enter hours worked into a spreadsheet and have all of the calculations done for you. ADP also monitors and pays our payroll tax which is one less thing we need to worry about on site.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this product. In the past I have had a few experiences where payroll tax reporting had an error, but ADP quickly resolved any issues I was facing.

Payroll has become one of the easiest parts of the week using ADP RUN. It is so simple to just punch in hours and have all calculations and payments completed for us. If there is ever a payroll error that occurs, all it takes is one phone call and ADP is always there and willing to help resolve the issue in a kind and caring way.

What Payroll solution do you use?

ADP RUN review by Mindy T.
Mindy T.

"Makes Payroll Easy, But Not Much Else"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to customize deductions and find reports, (like Retirement Contributions, PTO, and W-2s).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Paid Time Off portion, because it is not customized to our "add PTO on anniversary date method". The ADP system always overrides what I put in and puts in a totally random number, so I have to check every week to reset everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good, comprehensive payroll system. There are quite a few features, some useful and some hard to understand. I'm sure if you needed them and took the time to learn them, however, they would be useful.

The customer service is good, but the wait times can be very long.

Payroll and payroll taxes are much easier with RUN. We save a ton of time with ADP because they handle Workers' Comp benefits, as well as other taxes. They also alert you to deduction goals met and other important information you may need for future payrolls.

ADP RUN review by Administrator

"SIMPLE - The way it should be!"

What do you like best?

Payroll hours can be uploaded from our field timesheet software and there is no more double entering all information!

What do you dislike?

It would be very helpful if ADP Run offered the ability to sync employee info from QuickBooks to ADP Run. This is the area that still has double inputs since new employees/changes need manually entered into QB and into ADP Run.

Also, - when completing "RUN Payroll" - It'd be nice to have a unemployment state code dropdown next to each employee where the state they worked in can be changed in a matter of seconds instead of having to go into each employee's profile and changing their state for unemployment taxes for one pay run, then changing it back. Very cumbersome the way it is now and it can definitely be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Eliminating payroll tax worries is a huge benefit.

We have eliminated all payroll tax reporting and filing issues. With ADP handling all tax requirements, we know we do not have to worry anymore about errors and penalties as the result.

ADP RUN review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Overall Very Useful- App Version needs work "

What do you like best?

It is a great portal to be able to see and do several things at once, be it to update my timecard, view pay stubs, view vacation time, etc. It makes it easy to view and update on my own, rather than using paper time cards or checking with our bookkeeper on vacation or sick time.

What do you dislike?

I have been unsuccessful in logging in logging in online not on my work desktop computer. I tried to log in on the app once before (it was several months ago, to be fair) and it would not accept my password, and then would not let me reset it when I tried. I am only able to log in at work, and I have heard other employees at my work say the same. Also, I do not like the update with the Timecard opening in a separate webpage as it seems unnecessary and the printing function for the time card is extremely difficult to locate. Being in my mid-20s, this is not usually and issues for me, so I imagine others are having issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was unsure about the timecard change. The app is probably working better now too, but I have not checked to see.

It is much better than using a paper timecard and if the mobile app worked for me, could allow you to log previously worked hours when not in the office, for example, if I was on vacation and needed to submit my timecard. It creates greater accuracy as it alerts you when work hours do not make sense (ie if you say you ended work before you started it time-wise) and it shows you the total of hours worked per week automatically, thus taking out human error. It accurately account for vacation and sick time.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great Payroll experience from ADP Run with great customer service and function. "

What do you like best?

ADP RUN is awesome. I have been working with ADP since 2003. During that time, I have worked on various versions with several companies. ADP RUN is by far the easiest to use. It is easy to use, logical and the help menus are very clear and concise. On rare occasion, I need to call client services and I am always pleased with the courteous and efficient service.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the reports options in the current version. I preferred the reports offered in Easypay which are now only offered as custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP RUN is very easy to use and efficient. The client services and help menus are clear and concise. It was very simple and easy to convert from our old payroll system to ADP RUN. ADP's conversion team and sales staff made our transition seamless. The overall ADP RUN system is a pleasure to use. I would highly recommend ADP, ADP RUN and their client services.

ADP RUN is a time saver which allows me to easily and efficiently process payroll. I save 2 to 4 hours with ADP RUN over my previous payroll provider. The alerts that popup for changes in various payroll taxes are very helpful and save time researching.

ADP RUN review by Kevin D. M.
Kevin D. M.

"Payroll made easy!"

What do you like best?

Direct integration with Tsheets transfers over my approved time entries and processes payroll in under 20 minutes. So easy to use!!! I also like that they offer workers comp insurance that sets premiums based on actual hours instead of estimates.

What do you dislike?

The repetitive marketing. We already applied for workers comp insurance and declined the HR package but we still get dozens of calls and emails offering those products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask lots of questions - they will have answers for you!

As a new business venture, they made understanding the payroll and tax withholding procedures and paperwork very easy.

"Nightmare"

What do you like best?

So far nothing. Agent our supposedly personal customer service agent dropped off the face of earth 1 week after signing up, No one was assigned to us. Nobody responds to emails at all. They are always to busy to handle really important stuff like taxes, Child Support in a timely manner

What do you dislike?

W2' s messed up twice and wage garnishments (Child Support) not getting sent out in a timely manner so your employees and their kids get to suffer. Customer service doesn't do anything, I don't think they can. You just get a run around. They will sign you up telling you it can do one thing and it can't so then they try to sell you a hire priced ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't do it! So no for your employees and your sanity

None

"Amazing Run System"

What do you like best?

The different icons on the front to navigate where I need to go. As soon as you log on, you get reminded on what needs to be done. Then you have the best way to add a new employee with different subsections of what needs to be filled out

What do you dislike?

the search menu could be more helpful. If i need to search something quick i could enter it into the search engine. Under the Reports tab, its very jumbled and I get confused on what im looking for

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make this a lot smoother and great for employees

Payroll. ADP Run makes everything a lot smoother and makes me look forward to the future of my business, not worry about payroll or even the schedule cause thats covered in the time and attendance tab.

ADP RUN review by mary m.
mary m.

"Easy to use with great customer support"

What do you like best?

As a first time user, and a very small start-up, I was hesitant about how complicated the process would be. I was so happy to receive the support, from the very beginning, from ADP, regarding what information was required, how set up worked, and how to run payroll.

What do you dislike?

The system itself is more than we need, so some of the add-ons just don't fit for us. But it's good to know what's available as we grow.

We now have actual payroll instead of all independent contractors. Steady system with great support.

ADP RUN review by User

"Great service, Great price!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which I am able to utilize the services. It takes the guess work out for me and allows me to focus on other areas of my business.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this service to those who are thinking about trying it. There is no comparison in my opinion to any of the other services offered by other companies.

It is allowing me to focus on other areas of my business, without the stress of payroll, HR and tax payments. The benefits are that it frees up my time and I am confidant that my employees will be paid on time and with all taxes and fees taken care of.

ADP RUN review by Garni G.
Garni G.

"Comprehensive and robust."

What do you like best?

The services takes care of pretty much everything. From calculating taxes to direct deposit for employees to sending out payroll checks/stubs to sending out W2/1099 statements, they take care of all the bases. And, they recently introduced free invoicing and accounting through Wave, so you can send out invoices while being logged into ADP RUN.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive, especially for multiple employees, or if you are running multiple pay cycles per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go on their website, watch a demo of their service, and keep in mind that ADP RUN has several tiers of service. They offer much more than just basic payroll.

ADP Run takes care of our payroll issues and labor compliance issues too.

ADP RUN review by Holly S.
Holly S.

"ADP Run for small business"

What do you like best?

I love being able to run payroll the day before instead of the 3-day lead with workforce now that I used at a bigger company. The customer service wait times are also nice and never more than about 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The are some quirks and I do not think that it is as user-friendly as their Workforce Now product. There is a ton of manual work needed with this product, which is ok if you do not have a ton of employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is great for small business with few employees. Customer services is great and their expertise is top notch.

This solves our small business payroll, ADP has a ton of resources so when you need to hire an employee in a different state it is so nice to have them as a guide of what is needed. Time is a huge benefit using ADP, we are a small business with few employees so strains on time are always there, and knowing their expertise is there is huge.

ADP RUN review by Aileen (Li-Yun) C.
Aileen (Li-Yun) C.

"Great payroll system that is good for no matter the company size!"

What do you like best?

ADP Run can set up direct pay or check to employees. In addition, ADP Run will automatically generate W2 forms and send them to individual employees. It is an excellent feature that helps small-size companies to make everything easier.

What do you dislike?

ADP Run is an excellent platform that streamlines the payroll processes. However, it did not provide enough information when linking to ERP systems, such as QuickBooks. Accountants or people who deal with the journal entries related to the payroll need to recognize and identify suitable accounts for all the transactions by themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business/company, you have to figure out an efficient and correct way to recognize all the related transactions from ADP Run. Or you should have an accounting professional to set out all the recognizing rules before starting using ADP Run. This way it will make sure you record everything correctly.

When recording the ADP Run related transactions on QuickBooks, I have to identify each accounts to correctly and fairly present the business facts.

ADP RUN review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Perfect Solution for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

ADP RUN has had all of the tools and add ons necessary to solve emerging issues as they have come up. We have tacked on various services through the years as we have needed to, and it has been great that they are available and reasonably priced. We have not had to go somewhere else for a need, we have been able to take care of it with ADP RUN.

What do you dislike?

The only real issue I have is that I wish the report creating wizard was a little better. There are some reports that I would like to create myself that I either can not do, or I just can not figure out how to do it. The wizard is not that easy to use or figure out, so I am really not sure if it CAN be done, or if I just do not understand how to use it.,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has a full arsenal of tools to administer to a full range of HR, payroll, and insurance needs. We have always been able to find the solution to any problem or needs we have within their offerings.

ADP RUN has provided the resources to process payroll, handle our Workman's Comp insurance, and track time. When a new HR need comes forth, I always look to ADP first to see if they offer the service, as the service with the products we already have is seamless and customer service is great.

ADP RUN review by Jeremiah R.
Jeremiah R.

"The easiest solution for my small business"

What do you like best?

I have 4 employees and we use a sign in sheet to "clock" in and out. When it comes time to process my payroll, it takes longer to add the hours than to process the rest.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I would change or that I dislike because it just does exactly what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you listen to your implementation people. They know exactly what they are doing and make your life a LOT easier.

payroll.

ADP RUN review by Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.

"The app is what Makes this awesome"

What do you like best?

The interface is snappy, easy to use and navigate and shows me everything I need quickly. The app gives me everything I need to check my paychecks and get my year end W2s. We were using Infor / Lawson for payroll before and the need for IE8/9 as the only supported browser was painful; now everything is on the app with the touch of the finger print.

What do you dislike?

From the employee perspective - The one thing I dislike about the system both online and in the app is that there is no way to quickly change bank account information or exemptions on my W4. It is very much a platform to view information not manage it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the customer service, they are not just there when you run into problems; they will have solve them before they exist.

They are great at making sure there is access to all the payroll information quickly and securely, with all features available on both website and mobile apps.

ADP RUN review by Karl K.
Karl K.

"Simple to use, yet powerful enough to run our organization"

What do you like best?

The best part of ADP Run was how quick it was to setup, maintain, and run payroll. Everything is very intuitive making payroll a simple task. We did not need to dedicate full time staff to manage our payroll. I am a big fan of SaaS like ADP Run.

What do you dislike?

Getting the attention of account manager after we “closed” the deal was difficult. Perhaps it is because we are small company.

ADPRun reduces time to run payroll, file taxes, and other laborious repetitive activities that face organizations on weekly/monthly. I was able to repurpose the time saved into more productive activities. Additionally, we are not tax experts, ADPRun makes it easy to manage taxes and agency fees.

ADP RUN review by User

"ADP Run runs like a machine"

What do you like best?

The ease of the application. Easy to find the things you need when you need them. Reports are simple to run.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't self-customizable fields to collect additional data like titles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP's customer support is world class. I implemented Time and Attendance without in person support and I was sceptical. They changed my mind on how amazing phone support could be. Every agent gave me the same answer and outstanding support. There wasn't a single time that I was made feel fooligh for not knowing or being able to figure out how to do something. They truly seemed like a partner.

I use ADP Run with their Time and Attendance module - I save loads of time running payroll with these two products. Hours and PTO are already uploaded, so its as simple as reviewing and accepting.

ADP RUN review by Thita B.
Thita B.

"Best for every size of the company "

What do you like best?

1. Versatility: as it can be The best for the small size company like one employee or 5 .

2. Lots of options to add bonus vacations hours for employees

3. You don’t have to worry about any taxes to be paid to federal or state, they take care of that.

4.very low process fee and you get 3 free months for first time customer. And also gets referred gifts.

5.easy to learn and run payroll

6. Best customer service ever. Ready to help anytime and sort all your issues

What do you dislike?

Nothing to s dislike. Every feature is perfect.

Their are other low price payroll available

Running payroll for my employees. Making direct deposit to their bank account. Thus saving time to manually deposit and on the top of that, the taxes part is also taken care by the m

ADP RUN review by Virginia B.
Virginia B.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

Simple and clear access, easy to understand, and everything I need is all in one place. Explanations are readily available, and Customer service is very helpful when needed.

What do you dislike?

No problems with this program at all, nothing to report as a problem

As a small business owner ADP has made payroll and benefits extremely easy to use so I spend more time working than processing payroll. This has saved me time, and simplified the tax process for my accountant.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Meets and exceeds business and personal releationship needs"

What do you like best?

I'm the managing member of a small business filing as an S Corp (LLC). I knew very little about payroll. My personal ADP consultant made sure I understood the whole process and what ADP could do for me. I've been an ADP customer for nearly 2 years and it has given me peace of mind knowing they've got everything under control. Thank you ADP.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is a anything I dislike. Bit one thing that comes to mind is when running payroll to make some simple changes to employees needs..it was just a little difficult to learn to modify additional tax withholding. But once I figured it out, every thing runs smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really works for my small business needs. I'm sure it scales well, too. You won't be disappointed with the service, that's for sure.

The main reason for engaging ADP in the first place was payroll. I didn't want to deal with the computations and maintaining tax deposits, etc myself. The benefit is that I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

ADP RUN review by Mallory K.
Mallory K.

"Payroll anytime, anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love the app! I love that I can pull reports on the go and submit payroll

What do you dislike?

I hate that I have to have a separate login for all of my run accounts (I have three). I’d prefer a toggle within the site after I login.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the app as soon as you implement!

Again, the app has proven to be a life saver when payroll needed to be processed ASAP. Also use the hr function which is helpful when on-boarding

ADP RUN review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Wow, bad."

What do you like best?

... I have wracked my brain and can think of nothing that recommends this product. It does provide an online tool for tracking time and attendance, but it does a BAD job of it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can log in, sometimes you cannot. Sometimes all navigation elements are present, sometimes they are not. The information architecture and navigation are terrible. This is the only tool I have ever used that comes close to challenging the SAP implementation at my previous place of employment for worst software ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is that you RUN away from ADP RUN.

It does provide an online alternative to paper forms and manually tracking time and time off, but wow would I rather go back to paper forms and manual tracking.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Easy at Tax Time"

What do you like best?

I like getting my ADP statement at the end of the year knowing I paid all my taxes and filings correctly and I can look forward to my tax refund.

What do you dislike?

The unexpected fees like Unemployment tax that is automatically taken out of my account and the end of the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't like being surprised with a big tax big at the end of the year, let ADP take the quesswork out of paying payroll taxes.

ADP cuts down on my book keeping and covers everything I need payroll wise for my business allowing me more time to focus on my business.

ADP RUN review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"ADP Run Makes the Small Business Fortune 500"

What do you like best?

I like how feature rich the entire platform is. Often times when I'm using it I'll think "I wonder if ADP can handle this for me" usually the answer is yes.

What do you dislike?

Coming from a financial background where I ran reports all day, I found this feature to be a little outdated. It would be lovely to have a more customizable reporting feature that looked a little more 2017.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would ask a local rep to come to your office to show you all the benefits of the program. They will be able to walk you through it and show you all the features and quirks of the software. It's tough to find all the useful parts of the software without a guide.

HR Reporting, Payroll Processing, Hours tracking, Document storage and compliance.

ADP RUN review by Sheri D.
Sheri D.

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's set it and forget about it. Also easy to change if need be.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about it to dislike. It took a few times to get the hang of the whole system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare to the other services and you'll see ADP is the best.

Nothing that my previous server didn't do, but the client service at ADP is much better.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Simple but has some major flaws"

What do you like best?

The program is straightforward and easy to use without any training.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to access the website from a mobile device without installing their app (unless you use the desktop version in a browser, but even this does not work well and often fails to load). The app has limited features and does not allow for full utilization and control.

We switched to this payroll management site from another that was easier to use but more expensive. The price is the only benefit that I have found in ADP RUN over the previous site.

ADP RUN review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Payroll Is Simple, Despite Our More Complicated Needs"

What do you like best?

I love how easily it incorporates with QuickBooks. I've hourly and salaried employees that need be counted as Admin overhead and direct costs to specific locations, tracked by class. I also have withholdings, garnishments, and reimbursements, all of which are easy to set up in ADP and easy to automatically communicate to QuickBooks Online.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike. Anything I've not enjoyed, I just reach out to support and they walk me through a way to make it better. One thing that is annoying is that I can't generate a paper check automatically for a garnishment because I'm set up for "paperless" payroll. That is the one thing support hasn't been able to help get around. I end up just creating a payroll liability and generate the check in QuickBooks manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do yourself a favor and reach out to your rep to make sure you are using all of the features. Every time I sit down with my rep, I feel like I learn about something new it can do. We're even looking to start using Workforce Now, their next step up, because I've been so pleased with the experience so far.

Payroll is so quick it saves me a ton of time. Setting up new employees is also obscenely simple. Everything from tax withholdings to direct deposits are done in 2 minutes, max. Once I get the time clock set up, payroll will be even quicker. Such a timesaver that I don't need to hire an HR person or additional accounting person.

ADP RUN review by Tegan J.
Tegan J.

"Simple to use, limited functionality"

What do you like best?

The product is pretty user friendly. I am not particularly tech savvy but I can navigate the product pretty easily, and send requests easily. The calendar view is really nice to validate that all upcoming PTO requests have been submitted.

What do you dislike?

It annoys me that I frequently have to change my password for this product. Even my bank account doesn't make me change my password as frequently as ADP does. I would like to receive notifications when requests have been approved. Right now, requests go into the system, and I never hear from them again. Also, I cannot submit partial floating holiday requests. I need to use an entire floating holiday at a time, and sometimes, that's just not how I want to submit my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is great for tracking PTO and other time off requests. It's also great for showing holiday schedules. The calendar feature is definitely the most helpful for this.

We use ADP for our benefits software. We use it to request time off, post about upcoming holidays, pay stubs, etc. It's basically the main HR portal we use at work.

ADP RUN review by Elliot S.
Elliot S.

"Satisfied with adp run services "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Convenience. Access from anywhere. Prompt service. Accurate information. Reliable service. Many features and access to previous payrolls easily. Good customer suppory

What do you dislike?

Long wait time to speak to rep if there is a problem. Confusing to solve problems without representatives help. One time payroll was not processed. Number errors occasionally.

Payroll processing. Employee management. Taxes. 401k

ADP RUN review by Beverly H.
Beverly H.

"Quick and simple payroll processing"

What do you like best?

Processing monthly payroll is quick and easy. I only takes a few minutes to process through ADP RUN. All the info I need is online at my fingertips!

What do you dislike?

I dislike scrolling horizontally to see all data for a particular employees payroll

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Makes payroll processing easy and fast. Once the employees are set up on the system, payroll can be completed quickly on an ongoing basis. Support for FICA and tax requirements is very helpful and the support is fantastic!

Our church needed assistance with processing payroll and ensuring that tax withholding, etc. was handled properly.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great experience so far"

What do you like best?

I like how easy ADP RUN is to use and implement. Their team was fantastic and made onboarding a breeze!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything at the moment. I literally login twice a month and click a few buttons and everyone gets paid. Of course, there's no paycheck fairy, so the money has to be there! ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

I am able to quickly run payroll for the 6 employees in my company. My bookkeeper goes into ADP RUN after I do payroll to export the reports we need. Very simple.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Frustration heaped upon frustration"

What do you like best?

With the Time & Attendance solution (separate?), it pushes our staff hours over seamlessly which is a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

It's broken in more than one way. While we were sold on the upgrade to Time & Attendance with the promise it could handle a Salary Non-Exempt pay type, the ADP side can NOT handle it. It creates extra lines of overtime for each employee of that pay type and assigns their salary to the overtime rate compensation field (instead of the hourly rate equivalent), awarding thousands and thousands of dollars of OT to one employee in one pay period if you don't catch it. Support hides behind a firewall. Someone will tell you it's being worked on, but there's no way to get a status of when it will be fixed. You never get to communicate directly with the tech team, the message is passed along thru client services. The reporting is terrible. And when you express your frustration with a system that is letting you down, the answer is always that you should double down on their services by upgrading. Instead of them making it easy to export a 401k report suitable to pass along to our TPA, they suggest you just give them your 401k business as a solution to the integration issues. Each product in the ADP family, well, the product up the chain, their team nods their heads with understanding at your frustration, but never acknowledges that they too are ADP while acknowledging your pain over an inferior product. It's really weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The current parties I'm talking with who are trying to get me to upgrade to Work Force Now are pretty clearly dissing ADP Run so I'm not sure there's much to endorse. And previously the ADP Run folks were dissing the old version of the product we were on which compelled me to ask, well where have you all been as our partners on this? Why are you acting surprised that we're on this old product and no wonder we're dissatisfied? If your needs are simple and your employee count low, it's doable. At more than 50 employees, I think the extra work it creates starts to become burdensome.

None.

"Payroll made easy"

What do you like best?

I like the ADP RUN system because I can enter the payroll when I have the time instead of getting a telephone call. The payroll is calculated correctly and I can create custom reports for audits and employment verification purposes.

What do you dislike?

The RUN ADP system retains the data for only 3 years. This can be a n issue if you need to verify employment for someone that has not worked for you for 10 years. There should also be a report to accomodate a workers compensation audit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use.

Payroll and tax filing.

ADP RUN review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Adp Run Give It A Try"

What do you like best?

We have been with Adp since the 1980's that says a lot of what we like about Adp and other payroll services. There newest software appeals to us because it gives us the freedom to be able to access so many different payroll reports online and no more use of paper being sent to us. We as they say write our own ticket. We also love the fact that you don't have to call in payroll but you can do it online something we have no yet done but our in the process of doing that saves time and is easy for myself.

What do you dislike?

Nothing when we have had a problem Adp addresses it asap or financially takes care of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that they consider going with Adp Run as it would save them money and time. Also there is so much enjoyment in being able to have the freedom to go online and get reports in your own time frame.

The benefits are saving time as I stated previously of not having to call Adp for reports I can go on online and find any report I need and print it out.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Extremely Useful"

What do you like best?

The portal for administrators is clean, easy to use, and chat support is available quickly and easily. In addition to the payroll functions that are advertised, there are underlying HR systems that you can tap into and use for an additional monthly fee. The ability to use the larger scale employee handbook builder for my smaller scale business was completely worth it! I not only got a great service to use on a weekly basis for payroll, I picked up invaluable HR assistance that I might not have even attempted researching unless this service was offered.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting feature doesn't have enough detail to suit my needs, but the custom reports are too intricate/detailed for me to consider them easy. Therefore being stuck in the middle means that I get neither "easy to use" or "lots of information"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See what you think about the cost effectiveness of the product after you have taken into account the time you save (both you and your employees) administering from one central portal.

Simplified the payroll processing workflow for me as I run the payroll remotely from a different location than where the employees enter their hours/etc. The ease of use has been fantastic and the support from the sales reps just increase the value.

ADP RUN review by Mark K.
Mark K.

"Excellent resource for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy payroll input. Automatically calculates payroll, including taxes, deductions, overtime. They handle all state and federal tax obligations for us and submit all necessary paperwork.

Once payroll is submitted, ADP overnights stubs to the office. This product allows us to direct deposit to employees' accounts without worrying about missing checks.

What do you dislike?

The to-do on the dashboard can be a pain to remove sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Several tools and features, including more in-depth HR support that we haven't fully implemented yet.

Payroll and everything human services related to payroll are handled by ADP Run. Employees can get copies of their own documents directly with ADP and we do not have to worry about mistakes.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"General Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and how easy it is to figure things out without customer care support. I think it's important that the interface is user friendly because if it wasn't the client will be needing to call their representative all the time.

What do you dislike?

On the Mobile app, I dont think its necessary that the future payroll dates are on there because I accidentally processed the same payroll for two different dates.

I realized I can learn a lot about the Washington State's tax information. When I first started, I wasn't really aware of all the tax laws for Washington State, but the relationship I have with my representative, makes it really easy and comfortable to go to.

ADP RUN review by Marla H.
Marla H.

"Very simple and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

How quickly you can set up payroll and get it approved.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the product. It was easy to set up and easy to use.

It provides turnkey so I can manage the business and not stress about payroll and filing deadlines.

ADP RUN review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Simple and effective"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is remarkable. The longest I've waited was about 15 minutes for a representative. Each person I have talked with has been polite, courteous and knowledgeable about the product.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is not intuitive. I can't customize it. When I print reports, they printout doesn't seem well-organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works really well for us as a small company (just over 30 people). I am hoping to expand our use of the options available to us through ADP Run.

Payroll

ADP RUN review by Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

"ADP Run is always user friendly and the service is great!"

What do you like best?

Ease of the software and I typically can always find what I need.

What do you dislike?

The custom reporting has an opportunity to be more user friendly and simpler.

No probelms but always use it for Payroll and reports for 401k and labor details.

ADP RUN review by Brian D. M.
Brian D. M.

"ADP Made it Easy"

What do you like best?

ADP RUN puts payroll, HR, Hiring, Firing and other valuable resources under on roof, and all for a competitive price. We moved from PayChex to ADP after doing a side-by-side comparison in features and pricing. PayChex had significant start-up fees just to sign up for disjointed services that were part of the ADP RUN solution as a whole. This includes time tracker, HR and auto onboarding. The difference was very large. ADP RUN make payroll a snap. A good UI is there to make navigation easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The HR feature does provide job descriptions, but I found many of them to be VERY generic. To the point that you are writing most yourself. Otherwise, it's a competitive service/system to others on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put it side-by-side with other like vendors. I believe you'll find their willingness to work with you through both technology and pricing.

ADP allows us to track our consultants time, drop it in payroll, make all state and federal tax deposits in a timely fashion and also helps with HR servicing.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great for a do it yourself-er, not for me"

What do you like best?

ADP RUN is an easy use system that lets you do all the work. In fact that's what I like best, if you want control, and I mean full control of absolutely everything, then ADP RUN is the right product for you.

What do you dislike?

While I appreciate having control, I prefer products that allow for reminders on when to process payroll and are more automated. I really disliked having to do absolutely everything myself with limited (if any) support from ADP at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the cheapest product available and if you have time to double check yourself each month then it would be a possible option. For me I needed more support and less "do it yourself" which is why I used ADP to begin with.

We needed to run payroll for a client and tried out ADP RUN. While the user interface is fine, in the end I moved to a different product as there was no return on investment with ADP. But it is cheap so if cost is a consideration it could be a good option for others.

"ADP Run Review"

What do you like best?

It is simpler to use yet provides complex features. Saves me time and gives me peace of mind that payroll is accurate and timely. The help staff respond quickly.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much that I don’t like. There was a period of time when an ADP rep was trying to sell me investment opportunities. This was a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

I appreciate the help with taxes and direct deposit. The w-4’s arrive promptly.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"ADP is AWESOME"

What do you like best?

I love the ADP RUN interface. After using several different payroll companies, we finally decided to splurge and spend a little more on ADP and it has been worth every penny. They have fantastic customer service and their system is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's difficult to figure out who to talk to at ADP because the company is so large but they are always willing to help point you in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the whole platform! There are so many helpful services offered through RUN. Not only is the payroll interface extremely easy to use and nice to look at but the HR411 service has proven invaluable at my company. They are always helpful with best practices and ways to remain compliant with federal and local laws. You can set up robust employee profiles to keep all of the information in one place instead of having things spread through out a server or physical personnel files. I have been thrilled with ADP since day one!

As our company has grown, it has become increasingly difficult to keep track of payroll and HR and ADP RUN has provided solutions to these problems by building out a robust payroll and HR center where everything can be stored and accessed when needed.

ADP RUN review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"my experience with ADP Run"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of the service. Its extremely accessible and with 197 people employed here so being able to have it mobile is best for us. Employees have 24/7 access to their profile so that they can stay on top of their time and hours to make sure their checks are correct. They know exactly how much vacation time they have with just one click.

What do you dislike?

For some one like me that has admin rights I can not download both the normal ADP and the one for admin on my phone so that limits me a little in doing my job. When I work remote it wont allow me to access the same sites on my phone as my desk top.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

not at this time!

Keeping all information as up to date as possible and trying to streamline several processes that are in place right now.

ADP RUN review by Kristin C.
Kristin C.

"Makes life easier"

What do you like best?

Reports, making payroll, stubs, it's all within one login

What do you dislike?

I miss having a one on one customer service rep

Recommendations to others considering the product:

none

I haven't solved any problems but I like the benefits I listed above

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Executive Office
Administrator in Executive Office

"Great for a small to midsize business"

What do you like best?

The set up was simple. They have an acquisition team the helps set up the company untilyou have the hand of the site.

Very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There were only a few paid time off options to choose from. Also after the anniversary date of ge employee it automatically added all days to their new days. Making it hard to discern what they had no longer used.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s very user friendly. When there were mistakes or issues, I used ADP chat and they fixed them timely. This happened a lot when I had to do pay reversals.

We were wiring money to employees and needed a system to do direct deposit and remit taxes to appropriate entities.

ADP RUN review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great for a small company!"

What do you like best?

The website is so easy to use! Whether I am doing a payroll run, calling in manual checks or just checking a tax report it is all right there and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't anything I dislike with ADP or the ADP run program.

We recently started and IRA deduction through ADP. We have been meaning to do it for awhile and then when ADP came to us and said it will be easy, we said now is the time. And they were right! It's easy and employees are now saving for their retirement.

Learn more about ADP RUN

ADP RUN Videos

Learning about ADP RUN?

* We monitor all ADP RUN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.