ADP RUN

ADP RUN

Whether you’ve been in business for 25 years or you’re just getting started, RUN Powered by ADP® can help. They've spent countless hours — and burned through even more cups of coffee — building a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution to help you get back to the work that matters most to you.

Work for ADP RUN?

Learning about ADP RUN?

ADP RUN Reviews

Ask ADP RUN a Question
Showing 146 ADP RUN reviews
Brina M.

"All Around Satisfied - Product and Team "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how user friendly their system is. I also find that they are extremely responsive when I have a question about processing my payroll. I am a big fan of the app. I really like i can choose when I want to process payroll. I appreciate the app is so user friendly for my employees that they can add direct deposit info and check their earnings and information. I also appreciate the "tips" they send out. I handle PR and HR so having the additional information is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike yet. I think my only criticism would be their nationwide system does not seem to talk to each other, or they hire some cold callers that don't really look into the potential client. When I first signed up, or back up, with ADP, I was receiving a lot of sales emails from other employees. They did finally stop after a few emails to my representative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for simply and cost effective. ADP is the way to go. They have great customer service you are assigned a rep for each area you work with, with them, and your main contact is there to support and assist every step of the way.

We were able to bring payroll back in house and safe a LOT of money. My employees can log into their own app and view their earning, request reprints of stubs. All of which I had to personally request for them using our previous payroll company. I can easily issue advances and set up payback plans for the employee.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP RUN
Ashley Bea P.

"Easy & Reliable Service"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to enter and review my weekly payroll online. ADP makes it easy to track employee information, payroll figures, and payroll taxes. It is so convenient to be able to enter hours worked into a spreadsheet and have all of the calculations done for you. ADP also monitors and pays our payroll tax which is one less thing we need to worry about on site.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this product. In the past I have had a few experiences where payroll tax reporting had an error, but ADP quickly resolved any issues I was facing.

Payroll has become one of the easiest parts of the week using ADP RUN. It is so simple to just punch in hours and have all calculations and payments completed for us. If there is ever a payroll error that occurs, all it takes is one phone call and ADP is always there and willing to help resolve the issue in a kind and caring way.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Mindy T.

"Makes Payroll Easy, But Not Much Else"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to customize deductions and find reports, (like Retirement Contributions, PTO, and W-2s).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Paid Time Off portion, because it is not customized to our "add PTO on anniversary date method". The ADP system always overrides what I put in and puts in a totally random number, so I have to check every week to reset everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good, comprehensive payroll system. There are quite a few features, some useful and some hard to understand. I'm sure if you needed them and took the time to learn them, however, they would be useful.

The customer service is good, but the wait times can be very long.

Payroll and payroll taxes are much easier with RUN. We save a ton of time with ADP because they handle Workers' Comp benefits, as well as other taxes. They also alert you to deduction goals met and other important information you may need for future payrolls.

"SIMPLE - The way it should be!"

What do you like best?

Payroll hours can be uploaded from our field timesheet software and there is no more double entering all information!

What do you dislike?

It would be very helpful if ADP Run offered the ability to sync employee info from QuickBooks to ADP Run. This is the area that still has double inputs since new employees/changes need manually entered into QB and into ADP Run.

Also, - when completing "RUN Payroll" - It'd be nice to have a unemployment state code dropdown next to each employee where the state they worked in can be changed in a matter of seconds instead of having to go into each employee's profile and changing their state for unemployment taxes for one pay run, then changing it back. Very cumbersome the way it is now and it can definitely be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Eliminating payroll tax worries is a huge benefit.

We have eliminated all payroll tax reporting and filing issues. With ADP handling all tax requirements, we know we do not have to worry anymore about errors and penalties as the result.

Jessica H.

"ADP Run is very easy to use and the support is great."

What do you like best?

How user friendly it is. I was able to pick up how to do everything the first time through.

What do you dislike?

Getting the employee access piece set up can be difficult at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend using ADP Run for payroll and timekeeping. It is very easy to use and a good value for the money.

timekeeping and payroll are the problems we are solving. It is time saving and cost saving with both of these things. It also allows employees to update their withholding and direct deposit info without having to go through HR.

Sarah F.

"Overall Very Useful- App Version needs work "

What do you like best?

It is a great portal to be able to see and do several things at once, be it to update my timecard, view pay stubs, view vacation time, etc. It makes it easy to view and update on my own, rather than using paper time cards or checking with our bookkeeper on vacation or sick time.

What do you dislike?

I have been unsuccessful in logging in logging in online not on my work desktop computer. I tried to log in on the app once before (it was several months ago, to be fair) and it would not accept my password, and then would not let me reset it when I tried. I am only able to log in at work, and I have heard other employees at my work say the same. Also, I do not like the update with the Timecard opening in a separate webpage as it seems unnecessary and the printing function for the time card is extremely difficult to locate. Being in my mid-20s, this is not usually and issues for me, so I imagine others are having issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was unsure about the timecard change. The app is probably working better now too, but I have not checked to see.

It is much better than using a paper timecard and if the mobile app worked for me, could allow you to log previously worked hours when not in the office, for example, if I was on vacation and needed to submit my timecard. It creates greater accuracy as it alerts you when work hours do not make sense (ie if you say you ended work before you started it time-wise) and it shows you the total of hours worked per week automatically, thus taking out human error. It accurately account for vacation and sick time.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great Payroll experience from ADP Run with great customer service and function. "

What do you like best?

ADP RUN is awesome. I have been working with ADP since 2003. During that time, I have worked on various versions with several companies. ADP RUN is by far the easiest to use. It is easy to use, logical and the help menus are very clear and concise. On rare occasion, I need to call client services and I am always pleased with the courteous and efficient service.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the reports options in the current version. I preferred the reports offered in Easypay which are now only offered as custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP RUN is very easy to use and efficient. The client services and help menus are clear and concise. It was very simple and easy to convert from our old payroll system to ADP RUN. ADP's conversion team and sales staff made our transition seamless. The overall ADP RUN system is a pleasure to use. I would highly recommend ADP, ADP RUN and their client services.

ADP RUN is a time saver which allows me to easily and efficiently process payroll. I save 2 to 4 hours with ADP RUN over my previous payroll provider. The alerts that popup for changes in various payroll taxes are very helpful and save time researching.

Kevin D. M.

"Payroll made easy!"

What do you like best?

Direct integration with Tsheets transfers over my approved time entries and processes payroll in under 20 minutes. So easy to use!!! I also like that they offer workers comp insurance that sets premiums based on actual hours instead of estimates.

What do you dislike?

The repetitive marketing. We already applied for workers comp insurance and declined the HR package but we still get dozens of calls and emails offering those products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask lots of questions - they will have answers for you!

As a new business venture, they made understanding the payroll and tax withholding procedures and paperwork very easy.

"Nightmare"

What do you like best?

So far nothing. Agent our supposedly personal customer service agent dropped off the face of earth 1 week after signing up, No one was assigned to us. Nobody responds to emails at all. They are always to busy to handle really important stuff like taxes, Child Support in a timely manner

What do you dislike?

W2' s messed up twice and wage garnishments (Child Support) not getting sent out in a timely manner so your employees and their kids get to suffer. Customer service doesn't do anything, I don't think they can. You just get a run around. They will sign you up telling you it can do one thing and it can't so then they try to sell you a hire priced ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't do it! So no for your employees and your sanity

None

"Amazing Run System"

What do you like best?

The different icons on the front to navigate where I need to go. As soon as you log on, you get reminded on what needs to be done. Then you have the best way to add a new employee with different subsections of what needs to be filled out

What do you dislike?

the search menu could be more helpful. If i need to search something quick i could enter it into the search engine. Under the Reports tab, its very jumbled and I get confused on what im looking for

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make this a lot smoother and great for employees

Payroll. ADP Run makes everything a lot smoother and makes me look forward to the future of my business, not worry about payroll or even the schedule cause thats covered in the time and attendance tab.

mary m.

"Easy to use with great customer support"

What do you like best?

As a first time user, and a very small start-up, I was hesitant about how complicated the process would be. I was so happy to receive the support, from the very beginning, from ADP, regarding what information was required, how set up worked, and how to run payroll.

What do you dislike?

The system itself is more than we need, so some of the add-ons just don't fit for us. But it's good to know what's available as we grow.

We now have actual payroll instead of all independent contractors. Steady system with great support.

"Great service, Great price!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which I am able to utilize the services. It takes the guess work out for me and allows me to focus on other areas of my business.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this service to those who are thinking about trying it. There is no comparison in my opinion to any of the other services offered by other companies.

It is allowing me to focus on other areas of my business, without the stress of payroll, HR and tax payments. The benefits are that it frees up my time and I am confidant that my employees will be paid on time and with all taxes and fees taken care of.

Garni G.

"Comprehensive and robust."

What do you like best?

The services takes care of pretty much everything. From calculating taxes to direct deposit for employees to sending out payroll checks/stubs to sending out W2/1099 statements, they take care of all the bases. And, they recently introduced free invoicing and accounting through Wave, so you can send out invoices while being logged into ADP RUN.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive, especially for multiple employees, or if you are running multiple pay cycles per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go on their website, watch a demo of their service, and keep in mind that ADP RUN has several tiers of service. They offer much more than just basic payroll.

ADP Run takes care of our payroll issues and labor compliance issues too.

Holly S.

"ADP Run for small business"

What do you like best?

I love being able to run payroll the day before instead of the 3-day lead with workforce now that I used at a bigger company. The customer service wait times are also nice and never more than about 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The are some quirks and I do not think that it is as user-friendly as their Workforce Now product. There is a ton of manual work needed with this product, which is ok if you do not have a ton of employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is great for small business with few employees. Customer services is great and their expertise is top notch.

This solves our small business payroll, ADP has a ton of resources so when you need to hire an employee in a different state it is so nice to have them as a guide of what is needed. Time is a huge benefit using ADP, we are a small business with few employees so strains on time are always there, and knowing their expertise is there is huge.

AC
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"ADP Run Payroll Is A Very Solid And Easy To Use Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using ADP Run for a few years now at my current company and I have to say I love the simplicity of the software. Need to check time cards? There's a button for that on the home page. Need to check reports? There's a button for that too. Their customer service even allows us to reach out to them to make custom reports, I had to create a custom payroll report that showed break times that is not shown in the standard report that ADP Run customer service was able to help us out with.

What do you dislike?

While the software itself works great and the customer support can help us make custom reports, their customer service can actually be very hit or miss. When I ask ADP's customer service a question about payroll they always push us to upgrade to their HR services for basic questions and frequently transfer us around. I also don't like the fact that ADP has ads for companies we are not interested in working with plastered on the homepage of ADP Run.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and use ADP if you need an easy to use solution for payroll at your company.

We are using ADP for timekeeping management as well as basic HR such as adding and removing employees and inputting their information.

Aileen (Li-Yun) C.

"Great payroll system that is good for no matter the company size!"

What do you like best?

ADP Run can set up direct pay or check to employees. In addition, ADP Run will automatically generate W2 forms and send them to individual employees. It is an excellent feature that helps small-size companies to make everything easier.

What do you dislike?

ADP Run is an excellent platform that streamlines the payroll processes. However, it did not provide enough information when linking to ERP systems, such as QuickBooks. Accountants or people who deal with the journal entries related to the payroll need to recognize and identify suitable accounts for all the transactions by themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small business/company, you have to figure out an efficient and correct way to recognize all the related transactions from ADP Run. Or you should have an accounting professional to set out all the recognizing rules before starting using ADP Run. This way it will make sure you record everything correctly.

When recording the ADP Run related transactions on QuickBooks, I have to identify each accounts to correctly and fairly present the business facts.

Elizabeth B.

"Perfect Solution for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

ADP RUN has had all of the tools and add ons necessary to solve emerging issues as they have come up. We have tacked on various services through the years as we have needed to, and it has been great that they are available and reasonably priced. We have not had to go somewhere else for a need, we have been able to take care of it with ADP RUN.

What do you dislike?

The only real issue I have is that I wish the report creating wizard was a little better. There are some reports that I would like to create myself that I either can not do, or I just can not figure out how to do it. The wizard is not that easy to use or figure out, so I am really not sure if it CAN be done, or if I just do not understand how to use it.,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has a full arsenal of tools to administer to a full range of HR, payroll, and insurance needs. We have always been able to find the solution to any problem or needs we have within their offerings.

ADP RUN has provided the resources to process payroll, handle our Workman's Comp insurance, and track time. When a new HR need comes forth, I always look to ADP first to see if they offer the service, as the service with the products we already have is seamless and customer service is great.

Jeremiah R.

"The easiest solution for my small business"

What do you like best?

I have 4 employees and we use a sign in sheet to "clock" in and out. When it comes time to process my payroll, it takes longer to add the hours than to process the rest.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I would change or that I dislike because it just does exactly what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you listen to your implementation people. They know exactly what they are doing and make your life a LOT easier.

payroll.

Jonathan E.

"The app is what Makes this awesome"

What do you like best?

The interface is snappy, easy to use and navigate and shows me everything I need quickly. The app gives me everything I need to check my paychecks and get my year end W2s. We were using Infor / Lawson for payroll before and the need for IE8/9 as the only supported browser was painful; now everything is on the app with the touch of the finger print.

What do you dislike?

From the employee perspective - The one thing I dislike about the system both online and in the app is that there is no way to quickly change bank account information or exemptions on my W4. It is very much a platform to view information not manage it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the customer service, they are not just there when you run into problems; they will have solve them before they exist.

They are great at making sure there is access to all the payroll information quickly and securely, with all features available on both website and mobile apps.

Karl K.

"Simple to use, yet powerful enough to run our organization"

What do you like best?

The best part of ADP Run was how quick it was to setup, maintain, and run payroll. Everything is very intuitive making payroll a simple task. We did not need to dedicate full time staff to manage our payroll. I am a big fan of SaaS like ADP Run.

What do you dislike?

Getting the attention of account manager after we “closed” the deal was difficult. Perhaps it is because we are small company.

ADPRun reduces time to run payroll, file taxes, and other laborious repetitive activities that face organizations on weekly/monthly. I was able to repurpose the time saved into more productive activities. Additionally, we are not tax experts, ADPRun makes it easy to manage taxes and agency fees.

"ADP Run runs like a machine"

What do you like best?

The ease of the application. Easy to find the things you need when you need them. Reports are simple to run.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't self-customizable fields to collect additional data like titles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP's customer support is world class. I implemented Time and Attendance without in person support and I was sceptical. They changed my mind on how amazing phone support could be. Every agent gave me the same answer and outstanding support. There wasn't a single time that I was made feel fooligh for not knowing or being able to figure out how to do something. They truly seemed like a partner.

I use ADP Run with their Time and Attendance module - I save loads of time running payroll with these two products. Hours and PTO are already uploaded, so its as simple as reviewing and accepting.

Thita B.

"Best for every size of the company "

What do you like best?

1. Versatility: as it can be The best for the small size company like one employee or 5 .

2. Lots of options to add bonus vacations hours for employees

3. You don’t have to worry about any taxes to be paid to federal or state, they take care of that.

4.very low process fee and you get 3 free months for first time customer. And also gets referred gifts.

5.easy to learn and run payroll

6. Best customer service ever. Ready to help anytime and sort all your issues

What do you dislike?

Nothing to s dislike. Every feature is perfect.

Their are other low price payroll available

Running payroll for my employees. Making direct deposit to their bank account. Thus saving time to manually deposit and on the top of that, the taxes part is also taken care by the m

Virginia B.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

Simple and clear access, easy to understand, and everything I need is all in one place. Explanations are readily available, and Customer service is very helpful when needed.

What do you dislike?

No problems with this program at all, nothing to report as a problem

As a small business owner ADP has made payroll and benefits extremely easy to use so I spend more time working than processing payroll. This has saved me time, and simplified the tax process for my accountant.

AT
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Meets and exceeds business and personal releationship needs"

What do you like best?

I'm the managing member of a small business filing as an S Corp (LLC). I knew very little about payroll. My personal ADP consultant made sure I understood the whole process and what ADP could do for me. I've been an ADP customer for nearly 2 years and it has given me peace of mind knowing they've got everything under control. Thank you ADP.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is a anything I dislike. Bit one thing that comes to mind is when running payroll to make some simple changes to employees needs..it was just a little difficult to learn to modify additional tax withholding. But once I figured it out, every thing runs smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really works for my small business needs. I'm sure it scales well, too. You won't be disappointed with the service, that's for sure.

The main reason for engaging ADP in the first place was payroll. I didn't want to deal with the computations and maintaining tax deposits, etc myself. The benefit is that I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

Mallory K.

"Payroll anytime, anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love the app! I love that I can pull reports on the go and submit payroll

What do you dislike?

I hate that I have to have a separate login for all of my run accounts (I have three). I’d prefer a toggle within the site after I login.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the app as soon as you implement!

Again, the app has proven to be a life saver when payroll needed to be processed ASAP. Also use the hr function which is helpful when on-boarding

Learn more about ADP RUN

ADP RUN Videos

Learning about ADP RUN?

* We monitor all ADP RUN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.