QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews & Product Details

QuickBooks Online Advanced Overview

What is QuickBooks Online Advanced?

QuickBooks Online Advanced is the most powerful QuickBooks Online solution, designed for growing mid-size businesses with more complex finance and accounting needs. QuickBooks Online Advanced offers deeper insights, peace of mind and higher productivity to focus on key decisions to hit the next level. QuickBooks Online Advanced is cloud-based, SaaS accounting software designed to simplify accounting for mid-size and growing businesses. QuickBooks Online Advanced includes all the core accounting features of QuickBooks – and is enhanced with powerful tools like customizable business analytics, visual cashflow and revenue dashboards, custom user roles for 25 users, and online back-up and restore. Automated workflows and batch invoicing help save time and reduce cost. The mobile app gives employees real-time data access across multiple locations, and mileage tracking. Premium care, on-demand training and 24/7 U.S.-based technical support is included with Priority Circle membership.

QuickBooks Online Advanced Details

QuickBooks Online Advanced helps you move your growing business forward with deeper insights, better support, and easy collaboration.

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based, SaaS accounting software. This powerful software has the majority of what an ERP can do for a fraction of the cost. It is very easy to implement. With Priority Circle, you can get up and running very quickly and easily.

Intuit
$6,784
@Intuit
12,310 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.

QuickBooks Online Advanced Videos

Answer a few questions to help the QuickBooks Online Advanced community
Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced before?

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Showing 117 QuickBooks Online Advanced reviews
Already have QuickBooks Online Advanced?
Owner
What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online Advanced is a very easy cloud based accounting software. Our business could not manage without it. I don't have to know all the in's and out's of accounting because the program does it all for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All the clicking that I have to do just to see or enter employee information. Would be nice to have a "bulk" edit feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are need of a good accounting software for you business do not look any farther. Quickbooks online advanced can work for any business, big or small and it really is virtually stress free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll is first and foremost the most important plus with using QuickBooks Online. Since the pandemic and all the COVID pay it was great that Quickbooks did all the hard work and made sure we are in compliance. All the reports is a close tie to first in importance. The reports give me an accurate view of how my company is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i am a student
What do you like best?

it is an easy, intuitive and very functional tool, almost everything is editable, almost all mistake you do it can be fixed with the tools that Quick books offers you, it is very organized, you have access to all the information in an easy way and you can research this information any times you want, all invoices, bills and checks remain permanently in the platform history and again you have acres to any of that things how many times you want, there is a lot of youtube tutorials and webinars, using that information you can use 100 % of quick books potential, the platform is supported by any PC you can use it practically in any device, it have desktop and online version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like you to give default messages in the text boxes, set default prices for some products or services this thing are not in quick books and it would be a very useful and make easier the work on the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't be afraid to experiment, all your mistakes can be fixed, nothing is permanent, all is editable, is very friendly tool it maybe is the thing that your enterprise need to grow up with the correct organization and easy billing, personalty i recommend the online version, because, it is in constant upgrade Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed the company to keep accounting easily and efficiently to be up to date with payments and other responsibilities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in QuickBooks Online Advanced
President
What do you like best?

I like QuickBooks advanced because I can easily customize permissions to different employees I delegate accounting tasks to. It allows them to have access to the information I want them to have and they need to have to do their job, but also doesn't let them get deep enough into the finances of the businesses to know things they don't need to know, like share holder pay, cash in bank, profit and loss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I disklike. I would like to have more capability to break down permissions and give more permissions to accounting employees of things I want them to do that don't take a higher level user to have permissions for. It'd be great if I could have a list of LOTS of options that I could assign to specific users and not have an all, some or non approach as it is currently set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows for high level people in our office to not have to do some of the data entry type tasks because we can let admin people have access to those parts of quickbooks and they can do that work for us, so that we can just review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full Charge Bookkeeper
What do you like best?

That everything is backed up to the cloud so I don't have to backup so often. Also the fact that other users can have access in real time because each transaction is saved immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to make changes to certain things. For instance, the invoicing. It's not very adaptable to how I want them to look and what information can be shown on them. Sometimes it difficult getting things straightened out with taxes. If there's a mix up I can not take care of it by myself because of the restrictions of manually making changes. I also don't like that restriction that are set up in TSheets for changing custom fields and managing employees. Trying to figure out how the "service items" import from Quick Books has been a little trying. As for the employees, I am no longer able to help them recover their passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the extra monthly fee, but it takes time to understand all of the features and how they work. It would be nice to actually sit down with someone to go over all of the possible features that would make it easier to use and to get the full capability out of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being integrated with Tsheets & our PoolPro software takes away from me having to do things twice. Not having to perform backups from Quick Books all the time. Having help at the push of a button. Being able to have give my employees access to their information via the workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President director of sales and marketing
What do you like best?

I like that the expense and inventory management both work well. I find the software easy to use and helpful with managing both my customers and inventory. I like the ease of use. I like using the software online. I like that my partner can access the software too. I like that I can easily log in anywhere I am. I like that QBO has increased my productivity and my employees. It is good to see that money is being managed well and our parts are fully stocked. I really like that I get a lot for money with QBO advanced. They have great customer service and support. You will not be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about the software. I highly recommended this to other business owners! You will not dislike what this has to offer for you and your company. QBO is a great way to stay connected and organized! I have used other software in the past and this is by far superior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice for other business owners is to purchase QBO advanced to better the way you do business! I recommend this for people who are looking for a better way to be organized. This has a lot to offer. I recommend this for other manufacturers, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QBO Advanced is helping my business stay organized while manufacturing. The inventory tracker helps a lot. Also, it is easy to track expenses and payables. Very easy to navigate through the software. I am tracking expenses much better than I was before I had QBO advanced. I feel more in control of ordering our products on time. The online tutorials are very beneficial and it is easy to get someone on the phone for any assistance too. I have realized how quickly you can clean uo your financials too. The problem is had was my accountant could not stay on top of things. QBO allows me to be ready for payroll, taxes, expenses and inventory! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Executive
What do you like best?

This software has anything and everything we needed, from employee handbooks to easy to use chart of accounting system! The system being cloud based was the biggest sell for the software. Some of us have children and have had to work from home so this software made the business continue to run smoothly and efficiently with all of life's changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is there is no AIA Billing feature that uses the AIA specific forms. More construction companies are going to the AIA forms for there contracts and billing and while Quick Books does have the capability for percentage complete, there is no option to put that billing on the AIA pre-printed form. With this system having so many options and amazing features it's hard to truly find anything to dislike. There is so much available support and training it may be something as simple as knowledge that could help with something that is disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the only system we will use in our continued business and we always look forward to any new updates and features added! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The cloud based system solved all the problems we were having. We started a new company and it was so easy to have a new fresh system to give us the second chance! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO/CFO/Owner
What do you like best?

On Demand Customer Service with a REAL Human. I LOVE this. I have spent hours on the phone with reps who are 100$ willing to go step by step to either correct my mistake, and/or teach me how to use a tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So. Much. Information. It's a lot, so many tools that I don't know where to even begin learning about all of the things that could help my company thrive. I am constantly finding tools that I could have been using, and honestly should have been using since day one. I wish that there was more hands on support and that QB's had you do some mock applications of each of it's tools before you used them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will absolutely save you HOURS of extra work, as well as saving you from needless headaches from trying to muddle through on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My books are a mess. I cam to QB's with zero knowledge of accounting, so every step has been a learning curve. The biggest benefit is being able to call someone who knows about this product who is in the US. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin Assistant
What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online Advanced has a very simple interface that allows me to find what I'm looking for very quickly. I also like the online videos and tutorials that I can use if I want to learn more about a specific feature from Quickbooks Online Advance. I am very interested in being able to use their certification resources as well to get more in depth knowledge on things I may not have known about before. I also like how you can export reports into excel sheets. I find it really helpful when trying to share information with customers or trying to see funds from a specific project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about Quickbooks Online Advanced is the customer service. It has been hard in the past to get a hold of someone to talk to and ask questions. I sometimes do not have the time in the day to wait considering it can get busy. I also believe that the interface is fine how it is, but I wish it could be even more customizable and I can move things around the way that makes sense to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time in being familiar with the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some problems I am solving with Quickbooks Online Advanced is that for new employees it can be a little difficult to navigate through if you are not familiar with it yourself already. There are a lot of features that at first can be confusing, but prove to be very useful once you get the hang of it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

We had two primary reasons for making the switch - integration with our primary 'association management system' and on-line access for board members to advance transparency. The integration with our AMS was easy to set up (as far as the QBO side goes) and it working as expected. We moved to QBO from QB Desktop, and the integration is MUCH better with ABO than desktop in terms of amount of detail and accuracy in activity pulling into proper accounts. Having custom user roles for board members to provide oversight wasn't possible with desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't anything to dislike that isn't just a part of the learning curve with getting used to any new software system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned above, the improved integration and transparency for board oversight have been solved. QBO's integration with Tallie, Tsheets, etc are also saving us a lot of time and effort... as hoped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy Director
What do you like best?

There are a lot of online resources available for my non-profit and customer support is 9/10. The features that are available with the Advanced version are a good value. Operating in the cloud is critically important, particularly during a pandemic when our staff is now working 100% remotely. This was the best option for me to see the data in real-time along with my accountant, who is a consultant and not an employee of the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features available so the UI can feel a bit clunky and might be overkill for some users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration with time and effort allocation software was important, and the ability to integrate easily with other software to support some of the lacking features for compliance is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

The ease at which I can enter payables and receivables. In addition, the standard reports are excellent and I like that most reports have hyperlinks for easy access to invoices, pledges, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but a suggestion for an enhancement. Sometimes it would be nice to have a simplified customer account statement that shows all transactions, but in a way that I don't need to clean up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We previously used an accounting solution that was entirely too complex for our needs. QuickBooks Online Advanced does more of what we need for the fraction of the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We deal with a multitude of vendors that we pay and customers that we invoice. QuickBooks Online Advanced enables us to keep track of our A/P and A/R and stay on top of everything. Using the standard QuickBook s Online Advanced reports, we're able to see who we owe and who owes us instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use. Lots of assistance available.

Allows you to have multiple areas open at once for ease of getting from one area to another

Works with classes and locations to split your transactions further

Batch entry of bills and expenses

Bank connection which makes it easier to do bank reconcilations

Custom Reports

I dont use the payroll feature as we have a PEO.

Allows you to track inventory.

Like being able to view recent transactions and logs to check when a transaction was entered if entered incorrectly to go back and make any adjustment.

Backs up regularly so easy to retrieve a back up if their are errors with transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Moving from desktop version was time consuming and needed a lot of manual journal adjustment.

Some areas could do with being easier to use and assistance with moving over was not very knowledgeable from quickbooks employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly entering multiple bills and expenses with the batch feature speeds up time.

Bank reconciliations don't take as long with being able to upload transactions directly from the bank

Custom reports make it easier to see how different areas of the business.

Using locations and classes to further split areas.

Inventory control, adjusting inventory

transaction log and backups make it easier to revert back if you make a mistake

Support and feedback option great so you can easily request support and provide feedback on any features you may wish to add. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I really appreciate the level of support from both the dedicated support staff to the forums you can find online. There are a ton of people using QBO and that's a good thing. Also hiring people is a lot easier because so many people are already familiar with QBO Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some default settings aren't adjustable. This is a minor concern, but I do wish you were able to adjust who we automatically pay in payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its cost effective and back with solid support. A pretty easy choice for small companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to have account for a growing business. Training other staff with no accounting experience on accounting procedures. Integrated payroll system has been really helpful. With so many companies working with QBO, you are more likely to find a solution to integrating other systems. This beats other accounting systems I've used in the past. And you can't beat the level of support surrounding QBO Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love that even if you do not have ANY formal training of knowledge in the accounting field this program is still easy to learn and use. The best part is that if you need help with anything there are several options to fit your needs. You can chat with a rep, hold to speak to one, or have them call you back. They also can remotely access your computer so they can see what you are doing, identify the problem and guide you through a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with all things in life , continuous improvement is a must. With that being said QuickBooks could improve the process for entering inventory. At the current moment you have to enter each item separately and click several buttons on different screens. When entering large quantities of inventory this is time consuming. It would be awesome if you could enter many at once.

Another awesome feature would be to import vendor invoices to QuickBooks as it can be time consuming entering high volume of invoices for one particular vendor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to easily see the AR and AP for our company helping us be more efficiently and have better control of our cash follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director Of Operations
What do you like best?

QuickBooks Online Advanced has been extremely helpful with keeping all of our accounting up-to-date during the pandemic. It allowed our accounting team to be able to work remotely while still keeping the books organized and timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a lot of complaints about QuickBooks Online Advanced. Overall it's a great system. I would, however, change how the chart of accounts are listed. The current version is very cumbersome when you have a lot of accounts and are looking for a specific one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits of QBOA is the ability to work remotely and have all your financial information in one location. Also the many integrations with other apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

That I can easily work from anywhere with QBO, and with Advanced that I have the flexibility to add customizable access for my end users. I also like that I am no longer getting notifications from QBO that I have reached my vendor limits and need to upgrade. Sometimes it is more about time than money and now I do not get those notices anymore! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I contact customer service for tech support either through chat or phone that I wait forever, even with Priority Circle. I feel like as nice and eager to help as the Priority Circle reps are they usually have to put me on hold while they wait for another department to answer the question or hand me off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having vendor limitations was solved with QBO Advanced. I learn new benefits almost weekly. Recently how to really customize an end users roll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

I love the quick books online pay and the live book keeping is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is when matching with orders from shopify can be a hassle because of the difference in price and fees. I also wish that they have international forms available for contractors like they with the w9 . I have a few contractors in Mexico and would need would need the w8. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a fast, reliable, safe and efficient tool then Quick Books Online is for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting my invoices paid in a timely manner is the best feature by far I loved the QBO pay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lifestyle Coach
What do you like best?

QB Advance changed my life! We were using QBs but also intuit payroll. Why? I have no idea. I upgraded and integrated. Because I got advanced, some lovely entered about 75% of the data I needed to run payroll right out of QB advance. Having the support of some actually kind people has been wonderful, from payroll to taxes, they've saved me hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I truly dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest change I mentioned above. The ability to see your payroll taxes before they come is super helpful. But the workflow, now that's cool. If you haven't checked out Workflow, do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Things I like best are the callback feature and the responsiveness and knowledge that I usually receive whenever I talk to someone live or through the chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though the live chat is usually slow. I am not sure if they are handling more than one person at a time so it takes awhile for them to get back to my chat box or whether they are using that time to research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I look up youtube videos to learn how to do things. Sometimes those show older versions so be careful that what you are looking up shows a recent timestamp so it will match your version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the ability to be able to access the account through my phone. I wish the reporting was more in depth with the mobile version, but it's still a great feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Mgr..
What do you like best?

After graduation, I wanted to learn accounting software asap. I was given the task of managing and organizing an office for 3 LLC's I was able to find people that knew QB and I found help. I now also realize the amount of training I'm offered through Quickbooks. It's a great deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system-wide glitches and such can be maddening. It is always short-lived at least. Nothing is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm going to convert to publishing my receipts through HubDoc which is linked to our QB account. Also, I can't wait to inquire about the training I'm offered. Can't wait actually! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director Emeritus
What do you like best?

Easy to set up and learn, scalable for growing organizations, often updated with new and helpful features, and portable for remote work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Anything has limitations - If I could wish something to get better, it would be auto -match settings for banking transactions to get a little more sophisticated. Right now I end up with a bunch of mismatched transactions if I let the auto settings run too freely. But, like other features this may also improve with time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im keeping my organization's books organized including receipts and newly, bank statements uploaded directly to the account reconciliation! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Entering and tracking inventory and all financials was made as easy as it could be for an accounting novice like myself. We didn't realize the business was going to grow so quickly and started keeping track of sales and inventory on spreadsheets. We tried a less expensive software but it didn't provide all of the features that we needed and thankfully we learned this before our business became even more complex. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ACH fees are high and the customization of invoices and packing slips are limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are many advantages: complexity of product inventory has become easier to navigate and track from the time of purchase to the sale; we can run reports on just about anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assurance Associate
Accounting
What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, very intuitive, much easier to use than the other software I've previously used. Some other accounting software is like pulling teeth, I like how easy it is to keep track of bills and get vendors paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly no negative feedback, I really enjoy using it. No complaints here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None here, all good so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easy to track invoices that need to be paid and track payments as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online Advanced is very user friendly. I was new to QuickBooks last year when I started, but found several resources that QuickBooks offers in their resource center, as well as videos that helped me learn how to navigate the site and now I've realized how much easier it makes bookkeeping. There are multiple avenues through which we have to track expenses and tag them to certain projects and such, but QuickBooks makes keeping it organized a breeze. I would definitely recommend to small and larger businesses alike. It's my go to for everything, I've even looked into getting it for my personal finance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there are any specific downsides that I could name. Sometimes the receipt uploader goes down and we have attach them to projects manually instead of generating expenses through them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really helps us with organization. We all oversee different aspects of the business and QuickBooks helps to keep us all on the same page with organization and financial flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quickbooks has been great for someone new to the accounting world like me. The software is easy to navigate, highly intuitive and anyone with a little knack can learn to use it pretty quickly. Not only that, they have great online teaching tools. Did I mention how nice it is to view numbers in infographs? They look so beautiful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I haven't enjoyed so far has been the time it has taken to learn reporting. They have some great preset reporting tools, and it's just the time it takes for me to figure some things out. So really, no fault of QB. I've only been using it for 2 months but so far so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the trial. I really don't think you'll be disappointed, especially with all the teaching/training tools they have available but if it doesn't work for you then you haven't lost anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to reconcile our bank accounts much quicker and smoother. That's been a real nice feature and helps us to get a better (and more accurate) picture of our actual numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.