Clover Reviews & Product Details

Clover Overview

What is Clover?

Clover replaces your cash register, payment terminal, receipt printer, and barcode scanner with an integrated suite of products. Accept credit cards, EMV and Apple Pay.

Clover Details

Total Revenue (USD mm)
$10,187
@Fiserv
28,239 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Clover community
Have you used Clover before?

Clover Reviews

Showing 45 Clover reviews
Already have Clover?
What do you like best?

There is nothing helpful from Clover / Firstdata / Fiserv. They are a merchant processor. The only help needed should be on initial setup or for equipment failure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Horrible communication skills. Very poor customer service. Absolutely antiquated policies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's taken 6 weeks to change our "deposit to" account and it still isn't done. We discussed this when we first opened the merchant processing account with this company. We did this because we knew our business account would not be completed in time for our business opening. We were assured we could easily change our deposit-to account via the web interface at that time, so we signed up.

When it came time to change the account, the web interface has only a "call us at this number (nnn-nnn-nnnn) if you want to change this account number". I called, which took over 5 minutes just to get past all the verification and get to a ringing phone. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes only to get someone on the other end that said "oh, we can't do that, you have to call 'this' number". I called the other number and got the same auto-attendant and a subsequent individual in another country who said that he couldn't help with my request but he would escalate it and someone would call. Two days, no call. So I called back. Same thing. THen I got vocal and demanded to speak with someone higher up. After almost an hour I finally reached someone that said "oh, you can't change that on the web, but you can change it on the unit". I went to the store and checked, no ability to change it on the device.

I had to call yet again and go through the same process. Finally reached someone who said they needed a voided check. We didn't provide one to set up the account originally, and we don't use checks for a reason. We were told we had to "get a note from the bank". You have to make an appointment to go into the bank and we didn't have time for that so we submitted a statement.

Keep in mind, every time I communicated with the company, there were multiple verification steps. I was calling from the same number used to open the account, as well as the same email.

Then they said we needed to fill out a form. We did this and signed it with our signature stamp in a PDF document just as we did our original opening documents, but they won't accept that to make a change. I don't have a scanner to "print-sign-scan" and told them so.

To legitimize their "policy" they would say "it's for your safety" or something similar, but again, multiple steps of verification had already been taken. And this is how we originally set up the account.

To date we have been unable to get this changed. Once our contract is up, I will leave this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HSI Mentor
General Manager
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Easy to use, efficient app, competitive rates, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't easily print off multiple transactions. I can download them to a spreadsheet and print off a list, but that has tons of useless info that I have to edit out of the spreadsheet (very time consuming) or I have to screenshot the transaction history (also time consuming) or I have to print them off one by one - which is time consuming and usually useless since the customer name doesn't get printed. I want a feature that allows me to easily print and includes:customer name, last four of card number, date, and amount. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Chose another company if you want to print Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See above. Clover is good, but overall there are better options. Clover is excellent for beginners though and has all the basic features needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

As far as enter customer transactions - it is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it did more. In their defense we may have not spent a lot of time in their app store to see what they offer. We need auto text to new customers. We need better inventory control. We need better and more reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps track of our transactions and gives us reports of daily sales and sales YTD. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Clover is a super helpful app for small businesses and offers great deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not the easiest to get in touch with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The interface was really easy to learn and use. I never had any issues ringing up customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software would sometimes be a little slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An efficient and secure way to let customers checkout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Server Team Lead
What do you like best?

Before, I would have ranked Clover below Prism and Square. Last year my company's bar switched from archaic cash registers to Clover. It was initially frustrating to not be able to separate under categories for things like timed discounts (happy hour). Over time Clover has evolved and is much more user friendly where categories and labels make sense. This system is better than Toast and getting closer to being as good as Aloha. Printing reports and syncing/exporting them to QuickBooks is seamless. You can now request specific reports from a year back! Oh, and what's really convenient is their app. You can use a virtual terminal and see open and closed tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When printing a second receipt copy for the guest, sometimes the order receipt will also print out. Waste of paper. Each case of paper is around $50, but they now have the option to start a reoccuring paper shipment based on your use/tracking. Any credit cards that are manually entered require the guest to either tell you or manually input their zipcode which gets sort of awkward. If you do a preauth, be prepared for guests having concerns if they have a bank app on their phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to generate very specific reports of items, employees, top selling products, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I recently plugged in pricing per unit in my system to be able to see actual revenue. Profits and losses are easier to see this way. I will soon plug in updated inventory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Manager
What do you like best?

Clover was a big improvement over our previous POS system. We can get real-time reports on a web-based system at any time.

The system has been very dependable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We did feel as though we were on our own to figure out and set up the system. We're still learning things about the system and how we want it configured.

Not very pleased with the gift card system and its functionality with Clover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clover has reduced our annual costs associated with card processing as well as POS service/support.

We also are looking at the possibility of using Clover for social media marketing and loyalty rewards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

We love the portable card readers the best. Thy are so helpful for our drivers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Refunding credit and debits cards seems to be a bit of a process. I think the features could be a little better. We've also noticed some small glitches, cannot organize recent charges by most recent it has the option but every time i click it never reorganizes and stays in the same order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We haven't really solved a problem with samsara but more filled a hole where we needed portable card readers for times the office is closed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The Clover POS system is extremely simple and easy to use. It allows me to clock in and out of work, ring up the customers as necessary, and do so quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that if you have an open order on the system, it does not allow you to clock out. If a customer says they want three items and you add three to the transaction, but they change their mind and only want one, you cannot delete an item without a manager code and you cannot clock out u til this order is deleted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clover is very easy and simple, and can be taught to associates learning the POS system in a matter of hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem that we are working on solving is the ability to clock out if there is an open order saved in the register. The biggest benefit is that the clover product allows us to complete transactions relatively quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Restaurant Manager
What do you like best?

The product's realistic UI is straightforward and the touch screen is responsive for high-traffic times and speedy to react. The register is smooth and doesn't take a great deal of room. Charge card exchanges are basic and quick. Clover has a large group of applications to coordinate including stock administration, time and participation, markdowns, and a client dependability program which was a hit with our clients. The Clover framework is really a surprising POS at the cost of passage. The smooth current look keeps the money wrap looking clean and refreshed. The Digital receipt and mark has eliminated paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to make less weight on the earth. On the off chance that we ever have specialized challenges Clover Support is dependably an extraordinary assistance and appears to get the issue settled in a flash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the screen may slack or glitch on the off chance that you move excessively quick despite that Clover is a fantastic tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I adored that it was simple for us to set it up and for the staff to utilize proficiently. It would even content, print or email the receipt to the customer. It requires no rationale, they are moving the correct way and backing has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The old cash register never again fits the inside control condition and a switch was frantically required. In the wake of inquiring about different stages we picked Clover. The others were just excessively costly and unreasonably complex for our needs. The Clover framework worked splendidly and keeps on controlling the business work area at our stores. Our deals and consumer loyalty has expanded enormously. It gives our café a commonly simple approach to process exchanges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It allows you to have a point of sale system anywhere you can get a cell signal. This allows for the portability of your business without the restrictions of needing a WiFi connection. It’s also easy to use and keep track of income even down to who is using which payment processor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to even connect to a cell signal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For a food truck business it allows us to accept credit and debit cards. There are still a large number of vendors who only accept cash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

the patients love that it looks high-tech and modern, and I love that I can make transactions, process credit cards manually, and even process refunds easily. It comes with many features and apps that are very helpful to my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is no Yelp or Google Reviews app for my patients to leave reviews as they pay. The only yelp app doesn't work on the mini clover I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the rates for this merchant service product. We have it with Bank of America, but other banks may have lower/higher rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to process credit cards is a necessity nowadays, and being able to take payments over the phone or mailed from patients is great and I can process them with no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It is very easy to maneuver as far as a pos system goes. I like that this program is very easy to use. You also can add square to it and it comes with iPads to take to the tables to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of modifiers in system. You can't make modifiers per catagories.there also aren't alot of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems I'm solving g is by saving time since you can take the iPad with you to the tables for credit card payments. This allows faster turn over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I like all the app options and how everything is right on the register and connects to each other Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really could do without how often the system freezes up, and crashes. And I don’t like how it advertises to us that it accepts Apple Pay but it does not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider how easy it is to use, but also how often it crashes and how often it updates and changes the stuff that you are used to around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits are definitely that it intergrades all of our other apps and things that we use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This machine is very easy to learn how to use. If you want to add products you can do it hassle free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the machine at times also print the order without me adding that function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s faster to check people out and to lookup prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Coordinator
What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive design, customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many of the apps I need require a separate subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are now able to offer printed receipts, which we did not have with our previous system. Also has opened up the possibility for us to accept online payments, and with an added Bluetooth device, provides portability for us to travel to art shows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I had the clover mini, with barcode scanner,

You can manage all your inventory, sales, receipts, payroll etc , the machine world really good, and I love that is wireless, so you can move it at your convenience,

For the price point, you get a lot for your money, give it a try Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No option for secondary display, or certain merchant compatibility, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get a great suite of tools , that's great, for the price, customer service unbelievable, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clover is your accountant, keep record of every aspect, receipt, sales, by specific days or by month, year etc, keep inventory, and the add-on are as Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

The things I like best about Clover POS system is how small it is. It is also very user friendly and easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it will crash or have a difficult time connecting to the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us send promotional texts to customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access and use at the store Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the difficulty adding products at times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us keep track of inventory and check out customers and track transactions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Boutique Consultant
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I love that the pads are all touch-based, no annoying button or clicking sounds Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screen might lag or glitch if you move too fast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think Clover is making taking orders and checking customers out more efficient as well as utilizing other apps on the system to keep everything our business needs in order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Touch screen is easy to use, doesn’t need hard pressing and is quick to add or take away things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once a customer has paid part of the bill you cannot add any more things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It requires no logic. Very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to get gift cards that work with clover and we’ve found some Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Clover is a decent system for point of sales, it’s fairly easy to use and not overly complicated. I think my favorite feature is that I can take sales from my IPhone when I’m not in the office with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the systems tablet itself it logs you out after completing each sell and you have to log back in again to start the next. This is actually pretty frustrating when we are busy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easy to track sales of all employees and monitor stats. So it makes it a lot easier to keep up with weekly sales numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Training on it was super easy and straight forward, got administrator access same day as well. Super simple interface keeps it nice and idiot friendly for the minimum wage staff. Adding custom merchandise is also simple... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When adding custom merchandise not a lot of options to mess with. When adding merchandise there's a lack custom folder or organization so all the merchandise is on one page under a few options where you need to scroll to find. Administrative functions are all online and web based with no option for an intranet style and therefore easily hackable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inexpensive retail option for government business solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.