Amplitude Analytics

Amplitude Analytics

Amplitude is an analytics solution built for modern product teams.

Work for Amplitude Analytics?

Learning about Amplitude?

Amplitude Analytics Reviews

Ask Amplitude a Question
Showing 96 Amplitude reviews
Marina T.

"Intuitive and easy-to-use tool"

What do you like best?

It is a software for data analysis, easy to use, it is simple to manage information and perform all business-related work. Implementing it is simple, with an intuitive and complete interface, where the collaboration and the development of the database is quickly integrated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I think that the tracking option needs more improvement and advanced tools, Amplitude does not seem to improve this tool yet, and some of the work I do requires more tracking options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a tool with multiple functions that allows you to advance your work in big steps, I recommend it.

It is an ideal database, it allows me to store information coming from different applications, all this to unify it and create reports, statistics and studies that allow me to develop and streamline my work. Facilitates project management in all respects, taking as a fundamental basis the automation of information that in all respects contributes to increasing the quality of our product and the services we offer.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amplitude Analytics
Bill G.

"Expand the vision of your analytics"

What do you like best?

The data always have to be analyzed to obtain metrics and reports that serve to improve the activity in a company. The great thing about Amplitude Analytics is that it is a tool for novices, you do not need to have a very extensive knowledge in data and information analysis, as it guides you through the process and shows you which elements you should check, which are the most important and you break down the information in detail.

The comparison between different data sets is also essential. When you have many products if you have a tool that allows you to see how both have worked and see where each of them is best, it helps you in the future when you sell new products to improve the areas where they have gone wrong.

This ability to compare several elements also gives you clearer data about the strength and weakness of each section.

What do you dislike?

Customizing a report is somewhat complex at the beginning and is quite important, since with the personalization you generate an adaptation to your own needs. After a time of reading and checking things we were able to adapt the customized reports, but I think they could facilitate the process in future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get detailed information about everything that happens in your company, with your products, with your advertising and in general any movement of information that occurs within your organization is what you can get if you use Amplitude Analytics.

If you want your company to grow and also improve several business areas, especially those dedicated to sales and advertising, this software can be a breakthrough that drives both your company and your business image, since you can learn to better manage data obtained.

By being able to integrate and join several data from third-party applications within Amplitude Analytics, what we achieve in our company is that we have a multitude of data in one place. As we have all these data integrated into a single system, it is much easier to check the metrics, make reports, analyze the details ... It gives us many facilities so that we can have a more global and at the same time more detailed vision of our business , our product and also our sales.

In addition to facilitating the process, with the information we have obtained over time we have also made changes in our sales and advertising system, obtaining more profitability in our company.

What Product Analytics solution do you use?

Amber A.

"Amplitude makes data analytics simple to pull for non-technical people"

What do you like best?

I love that the software feels approachable for people who don't have previous experience doing data analytics. As a product manager, using data to make decisions is increasingly important and often times, learning this new skill can be intimidating. I appreciate that Amplitude feels like a tool that non-analysts can understand.

What do you dislike?

While the pre-built reports are super useful in helping teams produce the industry-standard types of reports on engagements and funnel analysis, the process of customizing a view feels rather confusing. I appreciate the help text in the info bubbles and the pages with definitions but I wish there were training videos I could access online to help with customization.

We are solving the problem of understanding what our customers want to use our app for and how we can drive more meaningful engagement.

Markus W.

"Amplitude for Mobile Games Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily compare multiple different data sets and use formulas to express ratios and the like. I also like that the interface makes it a breeze to add WHERE and GROUP BY clauses, and really adds in the speed of chart creation and gaining quick visual insights.

What do you dislike?

I don't seem to be able to create charts that combine data of an app across multiple platforms, so for instance I can't use Amplitude to create overview dashboards related to how an app does on iOS, Google Play and Amazon combined.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like to make a lot of custom dashboards, Amplitude makes it a quick and effective process.

The speed to meaningful visualization without requiring backend engineers running complicated queries has been our biggest benefit from using Amplitude. Via custom events we can analyze how users interact with certain features, react to newly introduced features, and we're able to correlate that with install sources thanks to the integration of Amplitude and our attribution partner.

Mathieu D.

"Amplitude"

What do you like best?

Amplitude est un outil relativement simple à implémenter et très facile à prendre en mains.

L'interface graphique très bien faite et la gestion très intuitive des cohortes permettent de mettre en place très rapidement des dashboards pour suivre les KPI comportementaux et de les rendre accessibles aux collaborateurs et au top management.

La possibilité d'accéder à la base de données d'évènements (sous Snowflake) et d'utiliser les APIs est un plus afin de réaliser des analyses plus poussées et/ou d'importer les résultats d'Amplitude dans d'autres dashboards.

Le support est très réactif, notre CSM (Tina) très à l'écoute et compétente et la roadmap d'Amplitude avance vite et dans le bon sens.

What do you dislike?

De par notre usage très intensif d'Amplitude, nous en avons quelques fois atteint les limites. Mais au fur et à mesure de l'avancée de leur roadmap, nous finissons par obtenir les features plus avancées dont nous avons besoin !

Nous utilisons Amplitude afin d'optimiser les parcours de nos utilisateurs dans nos applications, de l'acquisition à la conversion en passant évidemment par l'optimisation des métriques de rétention et le suivi des A/B tests.

Amplitude nous a permis de rendre accessibles au plus grand nombre ces analyses et aux différentes équipes de pouvoir obtenir rapidement des réponses aux questions les plus fréquentes et simples sans forcément avoir besoin de passer par nos data analysts.

Sarah L.

"Great for communicating analytics "

What do you like best?

It's easy to customize the visualizations to show the specific piece of information that you are looking for, which makes it easy to communicate with lots of different teams. Engineering wondering about the adoption of a new version? Product wondering if membership numbers are rising? Marketing wondering the effect of their latest campaign? Easy to share and easy to understand.

It is also the one place all of our platform data can be joined up. No more digging between Apple and Play Store and GA reports and attempting to join that data in a spreadsheet.

The product is also really dynamic in its ability to create Cohorts of users based on their specific actions and properties.

What do you dislike?

When you are using this to aggregate data from several different sources or platforms, it can be difficult to ensure that all of those platforms are aligned and joined as expected in Amplitude. It seems as though their product team is working to find better ways to handle this outside of your own engineering teams efforts, but there always appear to be small errors in our data that go undetected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that your CSM really helps you understand the details of implementation and ensures that you have a solid plan moving in. Errors during this stage can prolong the process of getting valuable data for some time.

We are unifying our data in Amplitude, even using it to pull in info from other third parties that provide us with valuable attribution and messaging details for our customers. It is the one source of truth that our company has. This is a huge benefit when the team has a single place to look when we answer our business questions.

Amélie B.

"Perfekte Analysesoftware"

What do you like best?

Diese Software enthält wunderschöne Diagramme, die alle nützlichen Informationen enthalten, die Sie für Ihre Projekte benötigen. Mir gefällt, dass wir alles mit dieser Software analysieren können und dann genau wissen, was wir als nächstes in unserem Projekt tun werden. Die Echtzeit-Berichterstattung ist sehr hilfreich und hilft uns, das Feedback zu erhalten, das wir brauchen.

Dieses Programm hat viele Funktionen, die Ihnen erlauben, alles zu verstehen, was Sie tun müssen, und das Programm selbst ist benutzerfreundlich und kommt mit Anleitungen, wenn Sie nichts verstehen. Außerdem bietet der Kundensupport echte Hilfe und schnelle Antworten.

What do you dislike?

Die Preisoptionen sind nicht attraktiv und bieten keine Funktionen, die den Preis wert wären.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schöne Diagramme ... es wird dir helfen, das richtige Feedback und die richtigen Optionen zu bekommen.

Wir verwenden diese Software in unserem Unternehmen, um alles zu analysieren und alles zu planen. Es ist erstaunlich, dass wir diese Software entdeckt haben, weil unser Unternehmen jetzt auf dem richtigen Weg ist.

"Powerful product analytics for digging in or telling the larger story through data"

What do you like best?

Amplitude can help you cut your data in a lot of ways but it doesn't feel immensely overwhelming (i mean this as a positive). All powerful data products for business have a learning curve. I also like how Amplitude has focused on helping you tell a story with your data via their Notebook ability.

What do you dislike?

Mainly that its capabilities are so immense that you have to spend time practicing and playing with data. It isn't so relevant when not your data because you don't care. So the best way to learn is having real questions.

You also will need to know your event schema and that's always hard when you aren't helping to define it and joining and existing team. Not Amplitude's fault however.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try it to see if it will work for you. It's very powerful but like all tools that require investment in setup you really need to be thoughtful about maintaining the events become the inputs to know what's going on with your users in your product!

Understanding how users move through a product. How many activate or do a behavior. What segment does a given behavior of interest. From digging into one user to troubleshoot to telling a story with analytic visuals and commentary.

David B.

"Hands down the best analytics platform on the market"

What do you like best?

Their product is incredibly fast and intuitive to use. I can easily create and analyze complex user cohorts in a myriad of different ways which, as a PM, is absolutely crucial. Second, their success managers know the product inside out, promptly respond to feedback & emails, and are all around nice people. Third, I've had the pleasure of talking with members of Amplitude's product & engineering tea, and not only are they highly intelligent, but they're also genuinely passionate about what their building.

What do you dislike?

Session analysis is weak. I can't, for example, create a cohort of users who had only 1 session or >=100 sessions. You also need to hack the integration in order to measure time on page. Finally, it's impossible to remove the most current data point on a chart which is always off because it's in the process of being calculated. I also think the product team ought to make it easier for an admin to easily pin dashboards on behalf of other members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's absolutely worth it.

Better understand which features are most closely correlated with increasing our retention. Case and point: We noticed that users who activated their accounts during the sign up flow retained far better than users who were forced to do so in order to post a blog. We revamped our sign up flow to require activation up front and saw a substantial increase in D1 retention.

Lauren W.

"Amplitude!"

What do you like best?

I consider that this is a software that all the companies needs to work with, is such an amazing tool, and it really help me to do better my work. There are so many things that I like about Amplitude, that I'm going to name some, firts the design of amplitude is flawless, I absolutely love it. Second is that the interface is very fast, and the constantly updates makes the experience even better. Third, I can organise, customize and manage my own projects and events, something that other softwares doesn't have, wich makes Amplitude more unique.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issue with the software, but I agree that Amplitude should simplifies the software, to make it look less complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I truly recommend it, is an important software to work with, and simplifies your work making it more easy and fun to do. Give it a try, it really worth it.

Now we are more aware of the behaviour of our customers, to a product that we have or what they want. Now we have a better way to see what they want, and fix any mistake that we made. Planning an event or a project with this software is a piece of cake, now our job is more efficient, thanks to this software.

Lilian A.

"Eye-cathing."

What do you like best?

To me, Amplitude Analytics is the best program to build a project out there. The professional design is attracting, the charts are completely real and eye-catching. This program has nothing to envy to other programs of the same type, the real data it provides help you choose and customize events.

The program is really cheap so we don't have to worry about the money wasted.

What do you dislike?

This program can get a little confusing. It is normal for new users not to understand it at first, but after a couple times of use, it gets very easy and you get used to it. I wish there were more guides to use this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be quite difficult to use at first, but after trying this software out, it gets easier. Also, it's cheap!

Customizing events is easier now that we use Amplitude Analytics, it is one of the best programs we've used. We can plan events and organize everything we want.

Ann H.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I can't say that this is a easy software, in fact is all the oppose. But, I could say that Amplitude is such an amazing and useful tool, helps you a lot to make basic analises, and prepare the events of your company. Those are task that significate something very difficult for me to do, but since I discover amplitude has become in something very easy and practical to do.

What do you dislike?

How I mentioned before, is not an easy software, when I entered for the firts time I felt pretty lost and confused. I think that the problem is that at the firts try shows you a lot of information. Like, a lot. So, that can be an actual problem, distances potencial users. Removes some items and terms, is a helpful idea, what make it look less complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if it looks complicated, once you learn how to use it, you will receive one of the best services. You're going to love using this program, trust me.

I use it a lot to realize my basic analytics as for my company. And now is easy for me to see the behaviour of my customers, and know what engage them the most, about what we as a company offers to them.

Dorian Patricia T.

"It is a useful and detailed tool"

What do you like best?

Particularly in what concerns me at the work level is very useful because it has the necessary details to perform a real search, it is interesting data that works above all latitude and Altitude. All information provided is used to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

It is certainly a very complete application however for the end user it is always more comfortable if that information is shown in a more graphic way. If you apply more graphics would be a bit more friendly to the naked eye.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be great to be complemented with more graphics, something that contributes to the visual part and remove a little what is not in the way that the information shows.

The most important is to facilitate the location of the client this prevents authentic frauds for our system.

Thania C.

"An imminent help in my work"

What do you like best?

What I like about the software is:

1.- It is a very striking software, very professional and with an incredible design.

2.- Has a multiplatform tracking system

3.- Help to organize and manage events, projects and calculate the behavior of other users.

4.- Personalization to the needs of my work.

5.- Thanks to the updates and new data makes an incredible experience.

What do you dislike?

I think that the software you first saw is complicated to use. Even if it is not, it is a bit confusing at first. I think you can get a solution for all users, do not feel so confused when using the first one and they can use it better. It would be better if unnecessary things were omitted or organized a bit better to understand it more clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it, try to use it, see that it really is too useful, more than you can think, it helps make your job much easier, your life more organized and in all professional aspects your company will have a better performance. With Amplitude Analytics you will now have all your business with the best planning and will be updated to all the businesses of your company.

Thanks to Amplitude Analytics has benefited in the organization, communication and administration of events and business projects. Planning now is much easier. In fact, now that my commercial work in the company is much more organized, my work has been much easier and more comfortable.

Lily J.

"Pretty awesome. "

What do you like best?

-It's well designed. The software is very eye-catching.

-Helps you to calculate the behavior of users.

-The way that you can customize your own events in a very easy and organized way is just amazing.

What do you dislike?

Is a software that it's very complicated, I think that they should simplify more the software, make it look more easy at the first sight. That would help a lot, so the new user won't be overwhelming by all the things that show you when you first entering.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not get carried away by what you seem to have at the beginning, it is really a software that helps you a lot to do your job. Just take your time to get to know it, it's worth it.

I use amplitude to basically know the user behavior of the company, helps me to know how is that working. In my work it is necessary to analyze how is that going, and this softwares definitely makes that job very well, it's been of great help for the company.

I use it a lot to plan events, very often. Is very organized, and clever.

Natalie C.

"makes my work more easier. "

What do you like best?

1-the design: I found the software really really pleasing to the view. Is very well designed and looks very professional.

2-The easy with which I can customize my own events.

3-Offers innovation and new data views, which makes the experience more unique and cool.

What do you dislike?

Amplitude Analytics is not easy to use, is a software that at first sight looks confusing, and really hard to use. The flaw of this software is basically that offers to many information when you enter for the first time. I think that the may remote some items, so the software would look more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it really worth your time to explore and know how to use it. Is a very useful tool, and helps you to improve professionally.

Now for me to organize and planning events, is a very easy task. Really helps you to improve your work and make it more easy.

Mary M.

"Amplitude Analytics rocks!"

What do you like best?

I consider Amplitude as a software that once you learn to use it is a great help. It has a quite sophisticated design. I use it a lot because planning my projects with this software is the best. I must also highlight one of the aspects that I liked a lot of Amplitude is the way in which I can customize my events very easily and orderly.

What do you dislike?

When entering the Amplitude for the first time, the amount of information you receive due to how loaded the software can be a bit overwhelming for the user. In particular, it cost me a lot to learn how to use it and explore all it's tools and understand how everything should be used. I think that Amplitude should simplify it's design a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Amplitude looks very hard at first but trust me is one of the best software that I tried ever!

I use Amplitude to plan my projects and events in an orderly and professional way.

Susanna W.

"Amplitude Analytics a great help in project planning."

What do you like best?

Amplitude Analytics has an innovative and modern design, which allows its use more pleasantly, in addition to providing complementary and quite diverse tools. I think it has been a fundamental basis for us as a company and it has helped us a lot. On the other hand, I must add that I like the proportions and the ease of customizing events and create several projects without any obstacle. It is quite useful.

What do you dislike?

Despite having incredible features, it presents some small difficulties, I do not like that its use is a bit complicated, it does not present the necessary instructions to start using it, even several colleagues at work cost them a lot to start updating their data on the business projects and events; due to the same inconveniences. The software is very complete but if that error were improved, it would all be much easier and faster to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an incredible software, its use provides an incredible utility to your company, it will help in many aspects, I recommend it so that you feel more confident in your work with respect to planning. Although at the beginning it can be a bit complicated to use, I recommend not letting that overcome the desire to progress, improve and keep growing with your company.

It has given me great benefits in my marketing work in my company, it has been quite useful. It has facilitated the organization and planning of important business events and projects for business relationships. It has made our work much easier and lighter.

Naomi M.

"An excellent tool. "

What do you like best?

Amplitude is a quite complete and very diverse software. I consider it a tool that has helped me a lot. In particular, the ability to customize events and segment channels.

Besides that the design of the software is quite unique.

What do you dislike?

Although it is an application that is very helpful and very complete, it's biggest flaw is how complicated it is to learn to use it, which is a factor that plays against because the user loses interest due to how complicated it is. There are many elements that appear at the beginning of the session and it looks really complicated, it cost me a lot to learn how to use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you learn to use it, it will be a great help tool, it helps a lot to grow professionally due to the professionalism of the software.

It's worth knowing the software do not get carried away by how complicated it may look at first.

Performing basic analysis with Amplitude became a very easy task. As well as it allows us to easily track any event.

Melanie T.

"Work tool that keeps me updated"

What do you like best?

It has a very easy to understand environment, it is simple and all its data is updated instantaneously, thus being able to keep track of the actions that are carried out, whether a product is being sold or how much is purchased in one place or other. The contribution of the employees in the tool is easy

What do you dislike?

I do not think I find something that I do not like in particular, I only see that the website is a bit heavy / slow but that does not stop the great use that this tool has.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended to be broad and easy to organize the company or any project that needs to be executed clearly

Better control with regard to what is handled in the company, see its growth, see where the advantages and disadvantages to be able to take samples in which to improve and grow better.

Helmi R.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Really helpful, simple and intuitive. Most of all FAST. It lets us get to the insights we need to build a better product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the effect of user properties are weird causing extra overhead for analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It's a really great asset in your toolbox. If you set up well and invest in maintaining events & properties it will go a long way in getting real insights to build a better product.

Amplitude allows us to get to actionable insights in record time. Given we've invested a lot in instrumentation and reporting to Amplitude that allows for speedy analyses. We've been to drive changes to product inspired by analysis from Amplitude, and then analyze the effects of changes on different segments through A/B testing and build a better product overall.

William B.

"Has really good features"

What do you like best?

I like that this software offers a good and creative design that makes me concentrate on work, the dashboards are amazing and customizable. It has beautiful charts and it's not hard to use.

What do you dislike?

This program is pricey, I use the free version because it offers the enough features we need but we wouldn't use the paid version because is really pricey compared to other softwares I have tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software, really recommend it to every company!

Amplitude Analytics offers so much features that it's so easy for us to know how our projects are doing, this software is so helpful for our company since it gives us the information we need to improve our projects.

Amey S.

"Amplitude- Complete guide for Analytics & er leInsights"

What do you like best?

The user level insights and convenience of using the brilliantly developed API tool.

Very simple to operate, understand and also let's the user to explore more.

Provides a clear picture of how campaign / content is performing with comprehensive analysis.

What do you dislike?

Process of understanding user journey. It's not very helpful.

Timings of the tutorial. Weekends would be great.

There's nothing very particular that I don't like about Amplitude Analytics.😃

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it without any hesitation. Do the integration properly.

We are OTT platform who look after acquiring & retaining customers and focus on increasing our content consumption.

Amplitude Analytics helps us with deep insightful analysis of user & consumption.

Amplitude events and data plays a very significant role in influencing our marketing campaigns and user engagement activities.

Rajat K.

"Excellent Product to Understand the User Journey"

What do you like best?

2 things that differentiate Amplitude from many other products

- Trends of the Funnels - that also split by Device, channel, Page type etc which shows where the trends are changing

- Typical User journey of any given case to understand what users clicked

What do you dislike?

Timeline comparison isn't available on Amplitude to see the changes in trends over 2 or more time frames

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very User friendly product, easy to set up and see reports/ dashboards.

- The trend of Funnels helped us check if things went wrong on some page/ channel or device and corrective measures were taken impromptu

- The User journey helped us to figure out what deviates the User from achieving the desire Goals. This helped us improve conversion significantly.

Bryan James C.

"One of the Best Solutions for E-Comm - Best in class Product Analytics"

What do you like best?

ROI accomplishments would not have been achieved as quickly (or at all) without this product. It allows me to drill down to a product ROI and ad cost for programs across more granularly-focussed marketing channels across web and mobile! So instead of looking at ROI for search, I can more easily drill down to ad cost for target markets and optimize product offerings, marketing, messaging, etc. to continue to make significant efficiency improvements. Before, I would use my own methodologies and Excel spreadsheets which I still refer to, but this platform has given me new ideas in an easy to use interface with the benefit of speed and efficiency gains by taking out my personal admin/setup activities for running my own basic spreadsheet analytics.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had this product 5 years ago. Standard analytics is great and I prefer to have multiple platforms to compare analytics methodology for standard metrics since variations sometimes help us to gain insight into our own KPIs and it's always good to be able to speak to the differences between more niche analytics platforms like Amplitude vs. let's say GA, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great platform for those interested in a tool that integrates mobile analytics and dives into measuring things that are product analytics specific to remain competitive.

Currently looking at how to make mobile e-commerce more efficient and targeted to boost ROI there. So far the focus has been on online and the basics, but mobile and tablet are a big push for clients as well as my small business and there are a lot of areas for creating niche markets using a combination of mobile analytics and customer analysis and it's exciting to find these untapped opportunities to incrementally improve ROI.

Learn more about Amplitude Analytics

Amplitude Analytics Videos

Learning about Amplitude Analytics?

* We monitor all Amplitude Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.