MSG91 Reviews & Product Details

MSG91 Overview

What is MSG91?

Empowering developers, businesses, and startups with easy-to-integrate communication APIs, MSG91 focuses on innovation and ease-of-use by constantly upgrading services and features to our core offerings that include SMS, Email, Voice, WhatsApp APIs, and a dedicated SendOTP platform for 2-factor authentication. We have the perfect tool you require to make your business communication effective, secure & reliable. Guaranteed delivery Real-time analytics Easy-to-integrate communication APIs As you scale up or down, so does MSG91 with you. Also, you only pay for what you use.

MSG91 Details
Discussions
MSG91 Community

A cloud communication platform offering powerful messaging solutions to empower business communications.

We are big believers in experimentation, innovation, and follow the theory of fail fast, learn faster. We have positioned ourselves as the leading CPaaS provider by offering best-in-class developer-friendly communication API.

By developing robust products, we always strive to win. We are transparent towards our clients, follow a fair pricing policy and our team always stands by to provide genuine support to businesses/ developers.
We make decisions that always stay in the favour of businesses. We have positioned ourselves as the simplest solutions provider for all the communication needs.
MSG91 services include Transactional SMS, SendOTP, Transactional Emails, Virtual numbers, and a number of pre-built plugins that can be used to send SMS.

MSG91
2010
Indore, India
@msg91com
920 Twitter followers

MSG91 Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the MSG91 community
Have you used MSG91 before?

MSG91 Reviews

Showing 25 MSG91 reviews
Already have MSG91?
Software Engineer
What do you like best?

They have excellent API's which are easy & quick to deploy.

The response times & feedback system grantees the quality of services they provide.

To add more they even provide free credits to test their services and as i said customer support is very helpful & responsive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest , we haven't found anything as such which we can say we *disliked* about msg91. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend MS91 without reservation , i personally found services very easy to integrate and useful to our system , Technical support is also responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been mainly using the Programmable transactional SMS & OTP for 2 of our ongoing platforms. it makes us easier to provide links to customers through sms & OTP services are used in our login systems to verify Phone numbers , we are also working to get programmable whatsapp messaging service ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder and Vice President
What do you like best?

they helped out with our TRAI registrations, which are super complex for small businesses to do on their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The login flow to login to the dashboard is a bit complex and can be made a bit more user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Bet messaging platform there is. They provide attractive offers and free credits to startups as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Msg91 for sending OTP's on our platform for login. We plan to use it in the future for promotional messages to our target customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
What do you like best?

Easy deployment of APIs

Various Integration options

Plans for Startup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer support can be improved. Other than than, we haven't found anything as such which we can say we *disliked* about msg91. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engaging our customer base Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Value Investor
What do you like best?

Very fast messaging service. Never had issues. Their customer service is also great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing at all. They are the best in the industry. Their OTP service works everytime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User authentication and approvals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

easy to integrate.

Good delevery

The support team is available immediately Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

had a good experience in the last 2 years of usage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OTP and Transactional messages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Support is fast and very useful for every issue and problem. Support team is very helpful to every problem and they response immediately and properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard is not proper reliable and it's not real time and some functionality is misbehave and some part is missing in developer documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To simple system for login/signup for portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

They are very cooperative and understand the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to contact them. All you have is a mail id and if you want to talk to someone urgently to solve your problem, its not possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am sending attendance messages to parents and students and they are going well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I came over different service provider, MSG91 is the best one to choose for a perfect delivery rate and speed. I loved their service and features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bit pricing is high, If it is reduced helpful for small businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending SMS on time to across 1million users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Customer Service & Support is superb

Pricing is competitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little more offers for premium customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication with customers via channels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

MSG91 has been easy to integrate with to service our clients and they have always been proactive in delivering notifications of changes applicable due to internal and external factors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such.. They may work on simplifying integration with Whatsapp Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using MSG91 to send transactional SMS to our Clients / Users at several touch points Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student
What do you like best?

The sms delivery is fast and consistent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently all my messaging requirements are met by your service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Demo app for nursery plants sale online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software engineer
What do you like best?

A quick message delivery from the api to user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not any downsides currently, it helped our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ecommerce business delivery status Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Time to deliver messages, easy to integrate and best customer support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not disappointed yet. As of now doesn't feel any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For sharing the details about product and OTP service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Cheap Price was the only good thing which attracted me to buy their service. And earlier I was able to contact the team regarding some hands-on experience of the dashboard and the team was quick to respond but as the time progressed there support became worse Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tech Support sucks. They will give you false deadlines to resolve the issue and All the time same excuse."We are working with our backend team regarding the issue".

I don't understand how many years they will resolve the issue. Worst You can't contact them via call. Only emails which will make you wait all the time.

Their customer support will give you excuse all the time and will ask you to keep patience all the time instead of solving the issue. and worst thing is they will not ever contact you from there own even if they tell you they will get back to you. They Won't. You keep chasing them but they won't give a shit about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not fall for their cheap price. Believe me. If you want, first try their free service first and you will have a good idea. Also do not invest a lot of money to buy double credits. I did that. Also, system security is also not good. I have lost 30k SMS credits due to there system got hacked Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was helping my clients send bulk SMS using msg91 but due to there worst service, I have lost clients because I am not able to get a delivery report via webhook so can't show it to customers as well as Manual delivery reports also can't be exported. The only benefit you will get is the cheap price. and everything else just sucks. I will not take their services for free from now. Lost my Client due to msg91. finding some other SMS gateway. let's see how their service is Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's been more than 5 years that we have been using MSG91 for our platforms and services including those of mobile applications and games. Just like they promise, the delivery rate of MSG91 is 99.99% and their support is on priority. Very happy and looking forward to them to expand into more products and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More details about msg delivery could be better in the API response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once a startup, always a startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OTP, Transaction notification over email and SMS both. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their startup program is quite generous. It can help early-stage startups start delivering SMSes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This list is big. I will try to summarize:

- The API integration is unnecessarily complex. They run another company called "viasocket.com" which is their recommended way of connecting to MSG91 API.

- I have been their paying customer since over a year and there hasn't been a week passed by where I haven't received 500 class errors from their API. The API is down frequently.

- Their tech team is unable to resolve issues. I have contacted them 4 times regarding frequent service degradation. They assured me that the issues have been resolved but they are not. I am still receiving the same errors regularly.

- Some tooltips in their dashboard openly admit their tech team's incompetence. I am copying pasting this message from their dashboard: "Due to some technical issues, if the admin resend your message, you might see reports for the same number twice." Can't post a screenshot, since it isn't allowed here.

I am switching to Textlocal as soon as my MSG91 credits are exhausted. Goodbye! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I won't recommend them to any company who takes SMS communication seriously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cheaper than the competition. That's the only pro about them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kaarigar
What do you like best?

The belief system of the organization. I wholeheartedly support MSG91. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked actually. The team is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The costing for the product with worth the efforts they'd put in with you. You can go ahead with their service. And I would also be implementing their service in my newly ventured startup propertyyy.com too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration with Vtiger was very helpful for the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Evangleist
What do you like best?

After sales service of the product is very good along with quick sms api integration as MSG91 has helped me vigorously advance my sales along with sending promotional messages also this helped me gain a lot of client satisfaction continuously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to specify the country code for India also as I believe it is good to specify outside India but in domestic messages also I have to provide +91 before each number which I think should not be there as most of my clients currently are from India. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MSG91 delivers messages which are promotional and transactional to cross borders all over the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MSG91 is revolutionary for me as previously people suggested me some other platforms for bulk messaging but after research I realised that their customers were not getting delivery on time, this is not happening with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Product and Technology
What do you like best?

We are using msg91.com provide by walkover web solutions for SMS and OTP services from more than 3 years. The delivery success ratio, delivery reporting, support system, application functionality and API services all are good. All of the team is doing good. We truly liked there services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface display reports for 7 days. For Reports more than 7 days, they provide export excel facility which is time consuming. instead of only file download they should provide facility to view reports for more than that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For messaging services whether it is promotional or marketing SMS, OTP messages or voice OTP, msg91 is delivering best services in industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have integrated Msg91 services in many functionalities on our platform and services. Messages delivery matter for us thus becomes very important to have some reliable services which is being done amazingly by msg91. They have provided sub-user creation and sub-merchant facility which is also becoming very useful in business. We have added more moetization channels in our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Com ofrece soluciones web de walkover para servicios de SMS y OTP desde hace más de 3 años. Tiene una funcionalidad sorprendente, el servicio es muy bueno y mucha ayuda API de apoyo. Msg91 es una plataforma para aumentar su comercialización o usar SMS como un servicio. Me encantan las características de SMS de msg91 que me ayuda a realizar poderosas campañas de marketing por SMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Me gusta la mayoría de los aspectos de este programa o software de SMS. Modelo de precios de pago por uso con las mejores ofertas para un alto uso. Para los informes de más de 7 días, brindan un servicio de exportación de Excel que lleva mucho tiempo el modelo de pago por uso con las mejores ofertas para un alto uso. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Este software de SMS definitivamente vale la pena el precio y es muy poderoso y sostenible para esta era. Además, la línea de soporte 24-7 siempre es útil para esas horas de la oficina que navegan por el sitio. Este software de SMS definitivamente vale la pena el precio y es muy poderoso y sostenible para esta era Este software de SMS definitivamente vale la pena el precio y es muy poderoso y sostenible para esta era Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ayuda a nuestro equipo de promoción o marketing con ventas y marketing con todos y cada uno de los representantes de ventas en nuestro territorio. La entrega de mensajes es importante para nosotros, por lo tanto, es muy importante contar con algunos servicios confiables, lo que se está haciendo de manera sorprendente con msg91. Hemos agregado más canales de moetización en nuestro negocio. Hemos integrado los servicios Msg91 en muchas funcionalidades en nuestra plataforma y servicios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QA Engineer
What do you like best?

Msg91 is a platform to increase your marketing or use sms as a service . They have third party api integration as well .

The dashboard seems to be handy as it is well build , it provides with data for integration in different languages and curl commands are there.

The delivery report api is very useful and the error and success codes are well defined and documented so that the initiator who is sending can analyse the cause of failures . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If your are an integrator and providing sms as a service than api calls per second restriction is there otherwise the sms campaigns fail . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are selling our product by providing msg91 as a service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

MSG91 can integrate with our backend using APIs

Their rates are competitive

It has multiple use-cases as features which is really helpful for experimentation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their support could be more hands on

They should have an AI to help share insights and suggestions

The DND user profile check process is very manual Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching out to our transacting users

Reaching out to our users for promotional campaigns

This has resulted in 8-9% increase in our transactions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

It has amazing functionality, service is very good and many supportive API help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like most aspects of this program/ SMS software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This SMS software is definitely worth the price and very powerful and sustainable to this era.Plus the 24-7 support line is always useful for those late hours in the office navigating the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps our promotion/ marketing team with sales and marketing with each and every sales representative in our territory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the SMS features of msg91 which helps me conduct powerful SMS marketing campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support Mac-based platforms, only desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use MSG91 to do mass business communications and understand the insight of corporate communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

sending of messages

Track it all, from logs to demographics.

APIs For All Major Languages

Integrate; send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pay-as-you-go pricing model with best deals for high usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

APIs For All Major Languages

Integrate; send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.