SparkPost Reviews & Product Details

SparkPost Overview

What is SparkPost?

SparkPost is the world’s #1 email infrastructure provider and the most performant email delivery service available. Our customers send over 5 trillion messages a year, over 37 percent of the world’s business email. Several SparkPost customers—including the largest social networks—send over a billion emails a day, making us the fastest-growing email delivery service provider on the market. For more than a decade, we’ve developed the leading technology in the email industry and the first email delivery service truly architected for the cloud. From the finely-tuned Momentum MTA to today’s fully elastic cloud email delivery service, we provide our customers with proven highest inbox delivery rates, easy setup and launch, and the most comprehensive analytics and insight. Built on the AWS platform, we give our customers the reliability and scalability they demand—and more. There’s never been a better way to send email. Our technology is powerful, but SparkPost’s most valuable asset is our people—the most talented and experienced email experts in the industry. From deliverability experts to a community of developers to dedicated Technical Account Managers for enterprise customers, our team is there with you every step of the way. Whether you are just starting out building an app; a large, complex enterprise; or somewhere in between, there’s a SparkPost service to match your email delivery needs.

SparkPost Details

Advanced email delivery system for both marketing and transactional emails.

SparkPost offers the best deliverability in the industry, as measured by third-party data, ensuring that your messages actually reach the inbox. We have real-time data, robust well-designed APIs, more security certifications, and are the only native cloud-based provider of transactional messaging APIs, providing greater security and availability.

SparkPost
2014
San Francisco, CA
@SparkPost

SparkPost Screenshots

SparkPost Reviews

Showing 56 SparkPost reviews
Already have SparkPost?
What do you like best?

SparkPost allows for both Dedicated IP and Shared IP environments. This allows flexibility for the sender while building or maintaining sender reputation. The interface allows to easily manage the environments and has throttling capabilities to make sure you can successfully start up a new dedicated environment as well as assign and move IPs around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being strictly the back-end infrastructure to mail, SparkPost requires more advanced knowledge of the landscape or a developer to help you setup your transactional or other mail streams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SparkPost allows our business to get mail out in a fast, effective, and cost efficient manner. It allows near full control of your mailing practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use! I also really like how the program on the website and app are free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use!

Great online tool that allows non designers to create professional quality ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not a designer by any means. And this program helps me create designer quality images for free! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

The Sparkpost platform and services group is easy to work with and provides tangible results for your email program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike at this point...maybe adding additional, hardened integrations with the smaller messaging platforms would help over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deliverability, inboxing, seamless integration with CDP and messaging platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mustafa Rizvi
What do you like best?

The service did work but they blocked account without a reason, seems like a scam. Lot of other people reported account suspension after 1 week of paying, without any notification or correspondence. They didn't even address any of my concern, support people didn't bother to give their name. To top it all, they delete our company account without any notification Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Account suspension after 1 week of paying, without any notification or correspondence. They didn't address any of my concern, support people didn't bother to give their name. To top it all, they delete our company account without any notification Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Scammers, try to avoid at all cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account suspension after 1 week of paying, without any notification or correspondence. They didn't address any of my concern, support people didn't bother to give their name. To top it all, they delete our company account without any notification. Zero benefits whatsoever Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The service is easy to set up and makes sending email, but the cons, which you'll see below make this service unfit for sending emails from Wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using SparkPost for a long time and use it to send comment and form notifications from Wordpress. So maybe a few dozen emails per month. Today when I logged into my account I found it was suspended. I emailed their support team and they emailed back with a suspicious link and asked me to explain why I sent an email with that link in it. This was the only information they gave me. My best guess was that it was from a spam comment on my Wordpress site, which would have been a notification to me personally. I said this and asked for more details to help look into the issue further, but they rejected that response and said they couldn't help any further and would stand by their suspension. So now I'm locked out of my account and need to figure out a way to find out, which domains I need to move away from their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely not. The support and compliance team will not work with customers to help them resolve an issue. They would rather just block you completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SparkPost did improve the deliverability of my emails until they decided to suspend my account without notice and then completely lock me out all together. I run a few small Wordpress sites that send a very limited amount of email. If I was a spammer I would take the hit and move on, but this is just frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to set up the plugin on wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I noticed we weren't getting form submissions via email for about a week, so I went into wordpress to see if there were entries. Sure enough, they were still coming into the website. Apparently Sparkpost had suspended our account without any notification or transparency. When I contacted customer service, they gave me a jargon-filled answer and refused provide any clarification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it with wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None any more. We used this to relay form submissions from our website to our emails. As somebody else mentioned above, they likely picked up on the spam that inevitably came through our forms. Why that warranted a suspended account eludes me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that you can add your logo easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything. The app works really well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to create posts for social media much more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

User interface is OK, but not as intuitive as it could be. Mail did get delivered. Prices are competitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support is deplorable. Extremely slow response time if at all. When we had a security issue when a key got stolen they would not assist us in getting the problem resolved by swapping out the key and instead terminated our account without warming leaving all our websites unable to send mail. Received many form letter responses after much waiting then none reply at all. Gave up on Sparkpost and moved to Mailgun. MUCH better support, fast responses. Much happier there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have another vendor ready to go in case Sparkpost cuts you off unexpectedly. We are not the first ones they have done this with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed ability for our websites to send mail for a variety of reasons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It was good, while it lasted. I used their service for a month or two, and it worked well during that time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I migrated my site, and must have not updated the sending domain. I think that is why my account was suspended, but their customer support is garbage, and won't tell me why. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste your time. Try another service with better customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None any more. They suspended my account. I would love to use this service, but their bots or bad customer service won't allow me to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sparkpost is very intuitive and easy to use. The User interface as well as all the features are easily explained and have very easy instructions to follow. furthermore, sparkpost is built on AWS which means that sparkpost is extremely reliable. I have yet to meet any downtime or problems when using sparkpost. The reliability and scalability is great and extremely useful. We have products that only send a few emails out a day, while we have products that send almost over 100 emails a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sparkpost has a free feature, but once you pass the number of free emails, the cost can be quite expensive. In general Sparkpost is a somewhat expensive tool. Another dislike is that sparkpost is usually used by people who are somewhat tech savvy. We had to have another member of our team who was proficient in coding to develop other tools to combine with sparkpost to use sparkpost to its full potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sparkpost is extremely easy to use and should be used if you have many emails to send out to customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use sparkpost every day to send emails out to customers and users. We need to be able to contact all of our customers and the best way is to send emails through sparkpost. Another big issue that sparkpost solved is the problem of having to contact multiple users at one time. It is much easier for us to automate this task using sparkpost than having to manually do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

outbound emails are generated and sent very quickly. That is too be expected but the reporting features on the website are quite helpful in tracking the progress of an email from injection to delivery to open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but the robustness of code documentation and samples could be improved. I work in a .NET environment and although I can get to the answer eventually it would be helpful to have more detailed documentation for things like webhooks, API, etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Checkout the community of information available. There are a lot of questions already answered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We off loaded the transactional emails of around 30,000 - 50,000 per month to Spark Post thereby saving a lot of internal headaches if something goes wrong. In addition it allows us to switch email systems and not worry about the outbound emails that are transactional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The community is fantastic. Both inside and outside the company. They obviously care what the teams using their product think about their product and actively work towards improving the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The deliverability metrics are not greatest. You cannot actually view, or access, the content of the email in anyway and the search tools cannot search my email subject so parsing reports is difficult for automated messages which have consistent subject lines but issues with deliverability scores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All external email services from all of our platforms. Previously with Mandrill, definitely more trusted visibility into deliverable scores but could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The APIs that Sparkpost offers are robust, and always improving. The team is constantly asking for feedback to improve their product and there to provide support as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We're very happy with Sparkpost - previous occasional downtime is no longer a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to focus on the core of our business (CRM) without having to build out complex email-sending infrastructure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used multiple email delivery service most of them are good but sparkpost is better than all of them. There dashboard are quite very easy to manage and deliverability for transactional emails are quite amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You guys must do some work on costing cost is same as lots of services available in market but you guys can reduce your prices.

You guys can add one more option based for number of email subscriber. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are in ecommerce business. we are sending transnational and some of products information to our customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Templated emails are by far the best feature. We can easily maintain our email templates in source control, and only send the raw data to send our transactional email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some things in the user interface are not as easy as they should be, mainly around finding specific email addresses or domains that are failing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully explore the documentation to ensure you will get the most uses out of SparkPost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using SparkPost for all of our transactional email communications and receipts, and it has allowed us to not worry about email delivery, but instead focus on our core business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate on their site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are questions that would be good to ask a human. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret using this application. It has great price points and is so easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivering to more mailboxes than ever, eliminating high bounce rate has been very simple with SparkPost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

So far I am heavily relying on the summary results. The data available is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been very satisfactory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's been a very good experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using SparkPost in conjunction with our Mautic platform. Our business model is unique and very data heavy, so we needed a lot of customization solutions. SparkPost has provided us a great ESP at a very fair price. They have been very helpful with our need for high volume sending. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

They help mix up our SMTP services nicely. We use sparkpost every day to send emails out to customers and users. We off load our newsletter emails of over 1M per month to Spark Post and save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not as intuitive as we'd like. Can't figure out a lot of features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

How to add more IPs to our account? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to get more sending IP addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

The best thing about Sparkpost is the fact that I've never had a problem with their platform. We moved from an antiquated competitor that constantly gave us technical issues, and then weren't that helpful in solving them. Sparkpost is extremely reliable, and the control panel is intuitive and gives us everything we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to write '40 characters minimum' when I've nothing bad to say about SparkPost :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Painless email automation, easy to use system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Product Officer
What do you like best?

Ease of Integration

Pricing

Customer Support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting - can be made easy for non-technical people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely, you should take it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use sparkpost to deliver all transactional or customer engagement related emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They offer 100,000 emails per month at no charge.

We've been able to use SparkPost across multichannel marketing campaigns and seamlessly integrate with their API to deploy emails at scale internally.

Users across our entire email team have found SparkPost extremely easy to use, we've seen reliable delivery, and developers have had only positive reviews internally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into any issues using Sparkpost, it's one of my favorite email services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the most of their free offerings and great for email marketing teams. Reliable deliveries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Daily marketing emails, very easy to use for our developers, and very cost-effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

Once set up there is little to do. Pricing. API fairly easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting not great and it difficult to create them through the API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We send millions of emails each month. We needed an external send tool that would take the weight off our server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Admin console and the reports that provide statistics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sub accounts are not easy to setup and require other initialization to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We send many regular communications to our customers telling them where they are in a process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Sparkpost has good performance and it reasonably priced. They do all the basics really well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mandrill had more debugging tools and it was easy to see the stream of messages as they went out and the responses that came back I the interface. It would be great if they could add these features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to send transactional email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

IT does what you need it to do... send your emails, however this is not a standalone situation, you'll need an interface to make it work properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is horrible. You can only get 100 records over any span of time, which is cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't rely on it for reporting, as you shouldn't anyway. Make sure that your API connections are done properly to have all pieces talking to each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending emails to our customers and gauging engagement with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for SparkPost?