Do you work for Skype Business?

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews & Product Details

What is Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Screenshots

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

1-50 of 8873 total Skype Business reviews

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

1-50 of 8873 total Skype Business reviews
Skype Business review by sekar y.
Software developer

"Sekhar_Review"

What do you like best?

The best part of using Skype is its privacy and sharing information within a while.

It's easy to use and so valuable for business purposes.

its facilities for video and audio call is also so helpful while doing any project work or for any work-related information.

The most helpful thing is screen sharing when necessary.

User details, credentials, files, doc, any zip or RAR file supported and easy to send.

What do you dislike?

Very rare things are there which I feel as it can improve little more.

just in the fields like while sharing large files, it throws an error as the file size is more.

Some times it is not working and asking for licenses.

Hang also happens and in the case of screen sharing , screens are not properly visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would like to recommend others who are interested to use this product.

-Customer experience gaining

-Low operational risk

-Information sharing

-screen sharing

-Audio and video call

-File sharing

-We are so grateful for helping us this way as it is essential in day to day business life.

Even if you are not in office premises also, you can able to easily sign in and can proceed on to do work.

Skype Business review by Roberto g.
Manager assistant

"Excellent platform for videoconferencing in the workplace"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is in my opinion an amalgam of Skype and Lync functions online, the simplicity of Skype, the well-known system that millions of people use to connect with friends and family from all over the world, together with the business communication platform Lync Online, trusted by millions of companies and offering extensive features of presence, instant messaging and video conferencing. All of them integrated with Office 365 productivity tools, thus guaranteeing the ultimate videoconferencing platform at the enterprise level. In my personal experience the program has seemed excellent to me, its online videoconferencing functions are quite reliable and offer a stable and comfortable connection. The voice service works very well, there are no problems of voice distortion or delays, the program in my day to day offers me a fluid and optimal communication. I would say that the most amazing feature of Skype is its multiplatform use, which offers PC users, tablets and cell phones to connect and develop ideas or establish financial programs from the most pleasant comfort, it is undoubtedly a tool to which I have known how to take advantage of its maximum potential.

What do you dislike?

In terms of general use and business platform, honestly, I have not yet found negative aspects to highlight the program, there have been some other failure of video conferencing, but it has been due more to the internet connection than anything else, the program works well

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent tool I recommend it a lot

My coworkers and I implemented Skype 3 weeks ago and it has been great for us. It has allowed us to establish communications at international level, our relationship with customers is much more dynamic and in simple terms has simplified our daily work, thanks Skype for business.

Skype Business review by Kenneth L.
IT Support

"Standard piece of communication tool that do the job"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is easy to use and everyone is familiar with the software and it's widely used and known. The plugin for meetings in Outlook is working good making it easy to schedule a meeting. Settings are pretty basic which is good for the end user. Screen sharing etc is easy to use and can be shared in any kind of group.

What do you dislike?

A small learning curve even though it's simple. Logging in is annoying on shared computers as you have to do it within setting istead of changing the login window. Updates haven't always been checked properly. We have experienced few issues with Mac users who couldn't see the presentation from people outside the organization. You need to use the app on the computer for the best perfomance - browser version is lacking on functionalities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take into consideration that there is a pretty new product from Microsoft called Microsoft Teams that can do the same and a lot more. Maybe you just want a simple tool for communication. If that's the case you're using the right tool and will find that it is a part of E3 licenses from Microsoft anyway.

We have a way to communicate with clients who feel safe in the enviroment of Microsoft and Skype for Business. We can also use it internally for a quick chat, but we have found advantages in Teams for this purpose. We mainly focus on pleasing customers and Skype for Business is the right tool for that.

Skype Business review by Muskan S.
Sales Executive

"Amazing Video/Audio and Chatting Software"

What do you like best?

This is so well software in use. It's application is also on play store. Anyone can do video conferencing and audio call and chatting also. It is so much helpful to make connect and anyone can send any attachment to anyone. It is act as whatsapp in mobile. In terms of business, video conferencing help to close the deal. If anyone misses any call or message than everything will show up in notifications also. It can sync with mobile phone contact number too. Group meeting on video conferencing is also possible.

What do you dislike?

It is totally do work online. Offline it is not working. No one can get any notification if he is offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone should this software as this will help to connect with any friends and also very much helpful in business point of view. It offers great features like video conferencing, audio call, group messaging , File attachment etc.

This software helps a lot our sales team in growing business. Sales Team directly got connected with client through audio and video conferencing which help in reducing human effort and costing of the company too. Sales Team and its managers communicated with each other through Skype call when sales executive is out of office and track their activities. File attachment feature made work so easy. Client checked the file and business proposal and share their feedback immediately which reduce time consumption too.

Skype Business review by Richa G.
(10,001+ employees)

"One of the best communications software"

What do you like best?

Its capability to adapt features like video calling, IM's, screen sharing. I can integrate it with calendar and schedule tasks and meetings. Also lets me check the status of the user i want to contact. Also lets me prepare usergroups to share data and chat with multiple users in single communication channel.

What do you dislike?

Maximum number of users in video call is a capped support feature they have and sometimes cannot add large group of people to one conversation. Further, it sometimes fails in uploading files of large size and needs to improve on the scalability on handling big data files for user sharing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personal Opinion - It is an excellent application and big business houses can definitely move towards using the wide scale of features that the product offers. The security protocol it uses to keep you protected us another reason why I would choose Skype for Business over any of it competitors.

Business Meetings & Instant Messaging,

Video Conferencing,

File Sharing,

Screen sharing for IT and Business Development functions,

Employee Search across the Organisation

Skype Business review by Aakash G.
Associate Lead, Technology

"One of the best tool for remote collaborations"

What do you like best?

If you want to collaborate remotely with you colleagues then Skype for Business should be on your must have softwares list.

1. It ensures smooth communications in all formats - text messages, audio call, video call, remote sharing.

2. The ability to share documents as attachments while chatting.

3. You can see your call history or the conversation history.

4. Seamless integration with other Office 365 tools like outlook.

What do you dislike?

There are no major issues with it but few minor one's. 1. Sometimes, there are challenges with selecting the audio devices when multiple devices are attached. 2. File sharing fails when sharing huge files. 3. With windows 10, we are not able to gain full control while presenting the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this product to any organisation who want to create a remote collaboration environment within their organisation.

I am using this tool to connect with my coworkers everyday.

Skype Business review by Nicole L.
Marketing Manager

"Reliable, Fast & Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that I can instant message anyone in the office, even if they're out of the office!

What do you dislike?

I wish you could link more than one account (say if I were to change to a sister company, I wish it was easier to transfer all that information)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this product solves a lot of the issues with email and can be a great asset for teams. The video conferencing and the ability to add conference room phones is a great addition and I love how user-friendly it is. I think anyone who is looking for an instant messenger type product and one that can integrate conference calling seamlessly, Skype for business is the place to be!

We have a lot of work from home or satellite offices so skype allows us to communicate on our time without having to constant conference call or keep track of emails. If I need a quick answer, skype is the way to go. I appreciate that it also sends you an email if you "miss" an IM.

Skype Business review by Joanne L.
Reimbursement Support Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype for Business ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to have video conference calls where we can each share our screens and see each other. Skype for business lets us add other attendees after the meeting has started, so if we accidentally left someone off the initial meeting, we can have them join later! It's been very helpful when someone was inadvertently left off the roster.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to "let in" participants into a meeting after it's started. I have had several Skype for Business meetings that went on for several minutes before I realized there were attendees waiting in the "lobby" to be admitted. It might be good if there would be a tone that the organizer hears that lets them know others are waiting. Like a doorbell!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works well and has become a great asset to our international organization!

We are now able to have team meetings with our teammates around the world and it's as if we are all in the same room. Skype for Business plus a nice headset make these meetings very personal and easy to feel part of the group.

Skype Business review by Danielys L.
Bachelor of Pharmacy

"My experience Interacting with Microsoft Lync"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Microsoft Lync is that it allows me to have a more fluid communication with my co-workers, although we know that there is an email, with Lync we have chat rooms, audio calls and video calls these last in time real and with an excellent audio and sound quality, I can also add as contacts to my friends and family and so I can keep constantly communicated with them, the truth is that I would not change Microsoft Lync for any other tool of its kind, it is simply the best

What do you dislike?

As for what I do not like about Microsoft Lync, it is difficult to bring up any aspect, since we are talking about one of the most complete call and conference tools that exist in the current market and that from my point of view they have absolutely no nothing to improve, as communications both chat, calls and video calls flow optimally through this great application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I openly recommend using Microsoft Lync for those people who need to stay in touch with people who are at a distance, and with Lync communication flows more efficiently

If we focus on what are the corporate solutions offered by Microsoft Lync, the first thing that helps us is to cover the need to have a tool that allows internal and external communications of staff, in the case of the corporation in we work in different locations and it is through Microsoft Lync that we can keep constantly communicated, likewise it works when we have to hold meetings with clients or allies, which are mostly abroad

Skype Business review by Benson M.
Accountant

"Best video conferencing platform"

What do you like best?

I like that skype for business is free to download and easy to install and it is also easy to use as it has no requirements needed for me to use it.

Skype for business is best for video conferencing as it is easy for me to schedule meetings with my clients t any time or place.

Skype for business has made screen sharing easy and fast in the organisation.

Skype for business is inexpensive to use which makes it available to most of my clients.

What do you dislike?

I have less to dislike about Skype for business just that it requires strong internet connection for one to use which makes it unavailable to my clients who are in remote areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for business is the best app for video conferencing and I recommend it to anyone whoni

Has helped in Video conferencing.

I can be able to share files with my clients and colleagues.

Communication has been made easy and fast.

Skype Business review by Heather A.
Legal Assistant

"Skype for Business the multi-function tool."

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is a program with a variety of functions that allow a capable development in their tools, including video conference, screen sharing, integration of tasks, shows the availability of individuals, creates chat dialogs. It is highly dynamic and fast. It allows you to configure the camera correctly before making a video call, its interface is great taste and easy to perceive. The list of contacts is easy to manipulate in terms of their search and addition of new members.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that from time to time in the long term the system closes the Skype window on its own, this happens when it comes to sharing screens with some staff members. A very efficient internet connection is needed to use a conversation fluently; sometimes the coincidence of the audio of the call with the general view of the video is not the best, it affects when explaining situations that require clearly fluid voice and video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is literally good for the business communication system, its easy transfer of files and live conversation, makes that feeling that you can do everything at the right time.

Skype for Business is being used by Agro Zaffiro LLP due to the immediate access of video-conferences in real time, besides understanding its usefulness to make calls or meetings with our clients explaining in a fast way the service. Without a doubt, its constant application is perfectly adapted for the reduction of expenses, be it travel, hotels.

Skype Business review by Ashish P.
Lead - Data Analytics & Solutions

"Business Chat"

What do you like best?

Retrieving the contact card without visiting the outlook. It supplies all the information about a colleague if they are in the same domain. One may call on the numbers saved, emails by clicking the email ID or even see the org chart as well. All the information is just a mouse hover away. It is that simple & easy to use. It also facilitates to link with your social media profile pic as your display picture.

What do you dislike?

I cannot add my own emoji to send occasionally. Also, there is no option to take a screenshot while a few other competitors do have this facility. I have seen way back a chat application had this amazing option to capture the screen share & share with the person you are chatting with. It saves time to capture the screen share, save it in a drive then navigate to send it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Retrieving the contact card without visiting the outlook

Hassle-free screen sharing without having pre-scheduled links, instant file transfer, group forming. You may create different groups based on the teams you would interact with. Also, broadcast your messages to the groups you want. You may retrieve the information you want that is available. Tag status change of any contact to see when they go offline or be available to avoid any probable delay in business communication .

Skype Business review by Sai Krishna K.
Developer

"Sai_krishna_Review "

What do you like best?

In my opinion its the most useful application for business purpose. We use it in our daily official purpose.

I feel like its useful and protected with nice privacy.

-sharing information

-sharing data and files

-audio and video call process

-group video call is easy

-screen sharing with so clarity

-not taking that much mb for audio and video call.

What do you dislike?

Not much about disliking. some rare time it happens like network issues,

hang of application,

more file size will not able to send,

audio problem sometimes,

message updating late,

Such things are some times counted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, i would like to recommend others , who are interested to use this application for their official purpose.

Because its so useful and great application for instant information sharing.

-sharing information

-Call through Audio and video

-interview purpose

-Screen sharing purpose

-File sharing

-Less time taking

-good customer experience

-Privacy stuffs in business side is also good.

Skype Business review by Emily K.
Concept Designer

"Great for quick communication"

What do you like best?

The feature I use most is the instant messaging--it's so handy to be able to send a quick message to anyone in the institution (and know if they're at their desk to see it or not). Especially nice in an office where a lot of phone calls and noise are happening. The screen sharing and video conferencing options are also great, and I've found it stable in comparison with competitor products.

What do you dislike?

Wish that conversations would aggregate per contact and not pop up in a separate log entry for every one initiated. However, I can also see the handiness of referencing a conversation on a specific date, so it's not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like that this is a product people are already familiar with--in addition to in-house communication, it's great for working with people outside the institution since most people already have an account.

While secondary to the program, the feature showing whether or not people are online or not is one of my favorites--it's nice knowing if someone is going to be in a meeting or not before I try to call. I've been able to increase the efficiency of my communication through this and other Skype tools.

Skype Business review by Mark H.
Business account executive
(10,001+ employees)

"Skye for Business - easy to use for communication"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is a very easy platform to use. It came pre installed on our work laptops and we all use it. It is very easy to communicate with people within our company. Easy to search for people you need to speak to. Skype for Business will also save your chat history in case you need to pull up information to an answered question in the future. It is also a nice feature to be able to create group chats with your team for a discussion.

What do you dislike?

It is just a personal preference for me, but as a computer guy I am not a fan of apps that auto start when you turn the machine one. That is my only dislike about Skype for Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype for Business is very easy to use. You open it up, search for the person you need to speak with, send them a message. It immediately pops up on their computer screen to respond. Then you can begin a chat with them and it can save it to history for you to pull up later.

It is very easy to use to communicate very quickly with people in our company that are all over the country. If I need to reach somebody about a question, I look up their name send them a message and it then pops up on their screen for a response. Once they accept, we are then able to communicate on an easy to use chat platform with instant responses.

Skype Business review by Tammy  S.
Membership Director

"Served it's purpose"

What do you like best?

I like that I can sit at my desk with the door closed and get into a meeting without having to pack up my office to go somewhere. Our association is over a large distance and our meetings are sometimes more than 60 miles away for me. It takes so much in drive time that a 2 hour meeting costs me up to 5 hours of my day. When you add in packing up needed material, and unpacking it all back at the office, it's 6 hours of time.

What do you dislike?

Every time I opened my computer when it was first installed, it would always pop up and give me all kinds of things to sign in to. It took me a few times to figure out how to have it NOT pop up every time I logged in. I had to take quite a few steps to figure it out - so that wasn't user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a product that will save so much time in travel, make employees and managers happier with the ability to meet at their desk with the info in front of them - not having to call in to a phone and log in to something else. Very simple to use once you have it figured out.

Being able to connect with people on a personal level for meetings or interviews without having the haul of leaving work, driving across town, etc. It saves time, mileage, and sanity!

Skype Business review by Shraddha T.
Ms
(10,001+ employees)

"Good and Easy way to communicate, chat.."

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is one of the best communication tool i have used in my organization. I am using Skype from last 6 years and never ever found any issue while communicating. You can chat with your colleagues, team members within the organization. Also you can call or do video conferencing with it. You can also connect with other organization people depending on firewall set in your organization. It is an easy way of communicating, takes less time, cost and effort. Makes easy to get on to the solution, you don't need to go to some ones place for solving any issue software issues.

I am using this from when it was Know as Lync. It has many status like Available,Busy, DND, Away,Offwork etc you can manage and keep the same according to your need. You can add contact, create group and also customize the list according to your requirement.

You don't need to have any technical knowledge for using Skype, everyone can use it easily. You can schedule and conduct the meeting through Skype. You can take one to one call and also a conference call by connecting more than to person in audio/video call.There is no limitations of number of users. Its look and feel is good. You can see the status of every contact added in your list in front of their name. You can share files, documents through Skype which is very quick. While joining meeting you can access it through both web or client .

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such. Only one thing to point out that on mobile Skype for business is not accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will surely recommend Skype to others.

Discussing about any issues.

Taking daily huddle.

Meetings with client and third party.

Sharing the system and solving the issues.

Skype Business review by Disais R.
Industrial Engineer

"Improve internal communication in your business"

What do you like best?

There are many applications or messaging services currently, but few can be as powerful as it is skype for business, and is that this wonderful application not only allows video calls or remote conferences but also allows its users to share archives, that interact through their chat rooms and even allows to give or take control of a computer, the latter, a novel integrated function that has revolutionized the market and facilitated the management of people who provide technical support within the companies

What do you dislike?

If we talk about the operation of Skype for Business we can not complain about anything at all and it is that this application works almost perfectly, quality chats, high resolution in video calls, high sound quality, real-time calls, good speed file transfer, Skype for business has it all, really. The only thing I do not like is that its cost is too high, which makes it difficult for users to acquire a license

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is directed to those companies that have clients abroad or have different locations, with Skype for Business communication will flow in the best way regardless of the distance

It allows companies to communicate with clients located in other states or countries, also works very well to share documents because sometimes the mail is very slow, not to mention that we no longer need to look for applications for remote control since Skype for Business integrates this wonderful and powerful function, really is an excellent and complete tool that facilitates the communication process within companies

Skype Business review by Ryan F.
Packaging Engineer

"Skype Business Review "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Skype for business is being able to instant message at anytime when someone is available on instant chat! I love pinging my coworkers when I have questions or need something pretty much right away. I also LOVE the new skype meeting option and it automatically starts a new meeting invite that has a call in,. Another great aspect is my new phone number is THROUGH MY LAPTOP! It works out so well with my pair of headphones while I am traveling to answer calls without being tied to my desk phone. It also provides me being hands free on a call and able to type at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most is telling when people are available and not at their desk. Being someone that does most their work away from their desk it says I am inactive within a few minutes. That is probably my only dislike of Skype for Business. Other than that I use it on a day to day business for a lot of different needs and it is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend anything else really for Skype.

Sometimes the volume or connection on a Skype call can be a little poor but for the most part the Skype for Business is great on call. I do like how I can share my screen on these meetings to be able to show the other people listening in exactly what I am looking at! Another benefit would be that I can connect my calendar directly to other peoples as well. You can also go back and see who has called you or past messages.

Skype Business review by Alba S.
Alba Sanchez

"El programa vital para empresas"

What do you like best?

Durante los últimos años, hemos estado usando Lync, Skype para empresas ahora, como nuestro principal medio de comunicación en línea. Puedo mencionar muchas cosas que me gustan de Skype para empresas, pero permítanme centrarme en las cosas importantes que beneficiarían no sólo al usuario individual sino también a todo el equipo. El primero son sus características de notificación. Skype para empresas tiene una alerta de notificación, sonido, mensaje emergente y un estado de color. Esto es para asegurarse de que no se pierda ningún mensaje. La segunda cosa que me gustó es su capacidad para configurar una llamada en conferencia a través de Outlook. Y lo último que me gusta es su capacidad de presentación de vídeo. Como presentador, tendrá la opción de mostrar la pantalla de su escritorio a todos los participantes de la conferencia. Esto es muy útil para mí, ya que hago muchas demostraciones cuando se trata de la resolución de problemas.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que a veces el audio y el vídeo no funcionen correctamente en la aplicación móvil. El chat tampoco funciona correctamente en la aplicación móvil. Aunque la aplicación de escritorio funciona perfectamente, el hecho de que la versión móvil no funcione casi hasta el punto de que no sea funcional, realmente le quita a Skype la experiencia empresarial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Lync o Skype para empresas, especialmente si eres una empresa que tiene gente en diferentes lugares. El programa también es muy útil cuando se trata de reuniones y presentaciones de Skype. Imagínate ser capaz de presentar una presentación donde tus audiencias están en un lugar diferente.

La comunicación es muy importante en una cuenta que está situada en diferentes ciudades y regiones. La comunicación por correo electrónico tiene algunas desventajas, especialmente en el tiempo de respuesta del destinatario. En Lync o Skype para empresas, los usuarios podrán saber de inmediato si hay un mensaje privado que necesitas leer y al que tienes que responder.

Skype Business review by Steffi K.
Data Analyst

"Awesome Solution for Remote Workers"

What do you like best?

As a full time remote worker, Skype for Business is vital for me to remain connected to my team mates and entire network of remote colleagues. I love that Skype shows me the status (busy, on a call, in a meeting, away, off-work, etc.) of the person I need to connect with.

It also allows me to "tag" that person for a status change to ensure that we successfully connect under tight deadlines. It is easy to create, edit and remove groups. If you connect with some people more than others, you can set them up as favorites.

It is super easy to utilize the Skype Meeting and screen share--I use this several times a day and it is super reliable and have never had to worry about screen freezing, etc.

Work is work, but Skype does allow you to have some fun. You can create your own tagline and there is a good variety of emojis.

What do you dislike?

Getting the audio setup can be a bit tricky for some users. Unfortunately, I had no issues, but frequently, other users do not have the audio setup correctly on their end which makes the Skype calls not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very easy product to utilize. The hardest thing to do is make sure that the end users are aware of how to setup the audio setting.

I'm able to have a more extensive work network than I would if I just relied on being in a physical office. I work across time zones as if we were in the same office.

Skype Business review by Ricardo V.
Bachelor of Pharmacy

"An excellent solution for internal communications"

What do you like best?

Basically what I like the most about Skype for Business is the simple and simple fact that it allows me to communicate with both my colleagues and my friends and family, in addition to its innovative integrated features that differentiate it from the free version of Skype, As for example the option of giving up the remote control of your equipment in case of requiring technical support or providing technical support to any user, the truth is a fairly complete tool

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Skype for Business is that its licensing costs are excessively high, I understand it is a corporate version but I think they should make it a little more accessible for users, since being such a complete and powerful tool more than one would like to acquire it for use in their homes, the rest talking about the operation of this tool is no problem, I really like to use Skype for Business because it is a fairly stable application and besides this very intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to companies that stay in constant communication with customers or vendors who are at a distance, since they can have a more fluent communication through skype for business

Skype for Business allows us to maintain a more fluid communication both internally and externally, through its chat rooms we communicate between departments and I confess that I also communicate with my friends through this tool, and through their calls or conferences I can communicate with superiors, business allies, partners and even clients, the best thing about all this is that the communication is in real time, which makes my experience more wonderful

Skype Business review by Jessica H.
Insurance Agent
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to connect Skype for Business to your outlook and other communication tools. It's quick and generally easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I downloaded Skype for Business on my phone, sometimes I will get a message on my phone and not see the message on my laptop. In a similar way, if I'm away from my computer, I'll get a notification that I have a message on my phone. Too often when I try to open the message, it's not there. When I get back to my computer, the message won't be visual there either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool for a middle to large company. Since it's a corporate tool, I'm not familiar with the price, however, for a company under 50 employees--it might not make sense.

Business problems being solved is being able to quickly communicate with any employee anywhere in the country. You can easily search first and last name to find anyone within the company. I love that it's integrated with Microsoft Outlook to update your to "in a meeting" or "busy" according to your calendar. I

Skype Business review by Irene M.
Irene Montero Serrano

"Tras varios meses de uso, buena aplicación para mensajería instantánea interna."

What do you like best?

Nos encontramos una aplicación ya conocida a nivel usuario pero en su versión para uso profesional incluida en el paquete Office.

Se configura rápido y fácilmente. Su despliegue ha sido silencioso y no ha ocasionado ningún problema en los usuarios de la empresa. Se configuró para hacer auto login enlazando las credenciales del LDAP corporativo y todo en orden.

Aplicación que permite entablar conversaciones tanto individuales como grupales y fácil de llevar incluso hasta en teléfonos móviles/tablets.

What do you dislike?

El precio de las llamadas es bastante excesivo si se compara con las múltiples ofertas que realizan diferentes operadores de telecomunicaciones españoles, entre los que nos incluimos.

Del mismo modo, la interfaz es exactamente igual que la de usuarios personales, punto a favor y en contra, ya que al ser dos aplicaciones diferentes (Skype y Skype for BS), en ocasiones crea confusiones entre los trabajadores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Posibilidad de poder compatibilizar cuentas Microsoft personales con profesionales y revisar los requerimientos de recursos de la aplicación, ya que bloquean bastantes recursos de los equipos. Igualmente, revisar tarifas de llamadas VOiP ya que son bastante excesivas.

Quizás la opción de poder enlazar cuentas personales y profesionales en la misma Skype for Business sería un progreso, ya que, igualmente, podríamos eliminar una aplicación de los equipos corporativos, liberando recursos de los ordenadores y pudiendo optimizar, aún más, el trabajo. También resaltar que Skype for Business consume demasiados recursos de las máquinas.

Skype Business review by Ayobami B.
HR Officer
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"Review of Skype for Business"

What do you like best?

While I have used the normal skype previously before now, I also started using the Skype Business type and I have found the features very good.

some of the features I have enjoyed while using the software are

(1) the Video conferencing feature.

(2) Share Screen feature, I like this particularly because it can be used for training purposes.

(3) Clarity of voice and video calls

What do you dislike?

While I have enjoyed skype for Business a lot, I have noticed that:

(1) The quality of video calls can be greatly reduced when a lot of members are participating in video calls.

(2) Frequent error message when trying to share media files, after trying severally, sometimes it still will not work, Skype should look at this issue.

(3) Absence of many default options for the status.

(4) I am yet to see a Skype for Business mobile app, develop one if you currently don't have (I may be wrong in this)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that Skype to any one using or needing the video conferencing feature especially for business that are in Multi-countries, it brings about a reduction in the cost of travels to areas where attention is needed, however, you may need to invest significantly in IT and internet infrastructure especially in areas where internet connectivity may pose a great challenge. Personally, I have repeated experienced challenges with sharing documents like pictures and videos, at many instances, I had to repeatedly try out the feature before it worked and sometimes it never worked

Video conferencing and meetings

Skype Business review by Hunter V.
Network Administrator
Telecommunications

"Perfect Video conferencing solution"

What do you like best?

Skype is the perfect video conferencing solution for our business. The voice quality is always pristine and we do not experience any drop-outs or video artifacts. The UI is very simple and easy to understand. Settings can be changed in a single click and every user can understand it easily.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall of Skype for Business is their screensharing aspect. It can certainly get the job done and display what it needs to, but once you allow someone remote control and they try to do anything administrative, you get locked out of control, which can be very irritating if the controller needs to get somewhere the host is not present at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Skype as your main collaboration tool. The ease of admin is incredible and you will not regret it.

We use Skype as our main collaboration tool. We have eliminated any physical phones and now use Skype for Business for every user. It is very cost effective, efficient, and ergonomic for us. There is also far less troubleshooting in terms of the phone working.

Skype Business review by Amrut k.
Senior system Engineer

"Chatting in Corporate now possible"

What do you like best?

Exchanging the information with team without any formality. We can see the online status and chat accordingly. Good classification of the availablity modes like dnd, available, offline etc. Sharing the screen and taking control of other system is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the messenger doesn't work, we cannot even send or receive the messages from others and cannot see status of others. In that case we have to mail or call the person or meet in person to get the information exchanged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app to look for when you're looking for the messenger app which suits your business rules. Sharing the screen and taking control is appreciable, seeing the availablity of the other colleagues.

Freshers share the screen and we correct the steps they are doing and have knowledge transfer through the Skype, no matter how far they sit. And while going on leave we can set the status in Skype status bar so other's will easily get to know when we be available back at work. Messaging the colleagues about the sprint details to ask if required and get our work done through sharing the same.

Skype Business review by Monalisa M.
Dot net developer

"Mona_Review_Skype"

What do you like best?

Best part of using it is:

-Its so reliable and flexible

-easy to send and share information.

-fast downloading

-Privacy setting also good.

-for call also basically in regarding official purpose its so useful .

-screen sharing is easy

-Audio quality also good.

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes it takes time to update message

-Call clarity should be high

-take care of privacy information as much as possible

Except all these, its easy and useful to use this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, i am so glad if i can recommended to others who is interested to use this product. Even i already referred this product to use.

Because for official purpose what i feel is its so useful, and easy to use.

-Information sharing

-call for official purpose

-Receiving and sending

-sharing screen is easy

-Most important trust worthy in privacy

-audio video quality is good, so we can use for interview purpose and officials purpose also.

Skype Business review by Nellie S.
IT Project Manager
Hospital & Health Care

"Skype is awesome"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use for the software. Easy to communicate and collaborate with your team members, no matter where you are. Send IM's, start voice or video calls and schedule meetings. Get messages across desktop, cell phone or email. Integrates with other Microsoft apps. Video conferencing is great when team members are not in the same location (across the country or world) and reduces the call expense. Skype offers unified communications system with multiple formats including video conferencing, telephone, im's and email, all available in a single platform. Receiving missed messages in email also allows nothing to be missed. It has increased in value for revenue and opportunities throughout the enterprise. Authentication allows for complete security in an enterprise environment. Usage on phones is amazing feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it drops connections for sharing. Initial sign in (if you dont know right credentials) can be a hassle. Sometimes more than a certain amount of people cannot login. Sometimes the deployment process is complicated from an IT stand point. Using skype from computer microphone is not the best noise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great software that is easy to use. it helps team members immensely communicating without having to travel, keep walking to each others offices, etc. Super easy to schedule meetings from office365 outlook application.

Having a single platform where business users can send instant messages, schedule meeting, video conference and collaborate. Its a great tool and relatively easy to use.

Skype Business review by Jessica H.
Associate Intelligent Automation Software Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Widely used, but not great"

What do you like best?

It's used throughout most companies that I have seen, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have its flaws. It's easy to use and having this utilized in the cloud is nice and can handle larger companies to utilize it. Utilizing the virtual phone via skype is an excellent feature. However, in some instances, if you use the skype call for conferences but others do not have it and have to dial in via a phone, some parts

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sharing desktops can result in bad quality. Having it in the cloud means that the screen share can create fuzzy screens. Yes, it depends on the internet connection individually, but I have been in scenarios where Skype was loading correctly for a screen share, but when I went to a different screen share/chat service (like Skype) it worked without an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other chat/conference/phone software out there (Zoom for one) that are fairly new but seem as though they are improving faster than Skype. I would look to see if some of those other companies can be utilized over Skype.

The usage of Skype with programming RPA for triggering or interactions although it's hard to say if this is a benefit of Skype or more the RPA software. Maybe a little of both?

Skype Business review by Brad L.
QA Manager

"Theoretically convenient, not so much in practice in my experience"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with MS Office. I like the communications aspect of the product, and the employee monitoring functionality. I simply refuse to accept it is a full substitute for WebEx. I have never had more problems with connecting to meetings than with this product. Everything else about it is good.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the unreliability of start-up; the system very often fails to recognize the application is running on the box.I have been required to start and restart both the app and my box to get connected. Today, I was unable to connect at all and missed a meeting from a remote location.That is to say it refused to connect me from a PC a smartphone and a tablet. The application itself "works" all the time - it is the meeting connection that often fails, which of course is the point of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has potential. I am however, a tough customer. My client prefers this product and their consensus is one of satisfaction.

It is a client's preferred replacement for WebEx, which I do not agree with.Otherwise, we use it for in-house chat. The benefit of using this for in-house chat is that it is recorded and saved with my MS Office profile and can be accessed through Outlook. This product allows for voice-meetings without a telephone line. Probably the best reason to use it - the inherent VOIP aspect of the meeting itself.

Skype Business review by Matthew W.
Mr

"Best in class for Business calls"

What do you like best?

Really easy to navigate the system, can make calls in seconds. i have never experienced any down time at all! would recommend to any friends or colleagues. I have used the software now for roughly a year and i am confident i would not use anything different as there is not a program that comes close to the capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is no feature to have a dark mode on my PC, every other app that i have is dark. Previous conversations are only saved elsewhere not in the chat box, would be nice to keep the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do try it! You will not be disappointed! so many positives! Once you have started using it as a company you will enjoy it.

Conference calls are easy and simple to manage. can make a call in seconds to a customer. and it integrates well with our crm.

Skype Business review by Rafael A.
Energy Engineering Co-op
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best video conference tool out there"

What do you like best?

I consider Skype for Business to be the best video conference application in the market mostly because of its connectivity and functionality. Unlike other programs, Skype tends to be the one where there is the least amount of connection issues. This is beyond critical when dealing with company meetings and long-distance conference between co-workers. As such a global company, ENGIE relies greatly on the use of technology for communication, and Skype for Business is beyond doubt at the core of this dependence. I like best the application's ability to share documents and share screens within a video call. This way, I can view a co-worker's work and vice versa in real time and avoid any potential confusions that might arise via email.

What do you dislike?

I feel the application could use an update with regards to its user interface and design. A more modern look could make the application more attractive. Also, I find myself looking up its features online. Perhaps, an introductory tour on how to use the application would be helpful, or maybe even a more user-friendly design can be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider Skype for Business as the primary video conference tool companies should be using.

With employees across different states in the nation and distinct countries across the globe, ENGIE uses video conference for a great percentage of its meetings. Skype for Business provides us with an easy yet productive way to get this done.

Skype Business review by Luciano R.
Accounting Intern
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype for Business is a excelent software to have a conversation with great quality!"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is one of best programs that exist in the market when talk about comunication. When we compare with other programs that exist, Skype for business has the advantage to be easy to use inside the company, one example is the Microsoft Team, is a great software too but it is a little bit difficult to use. The comunication in the software is efficiently and simple when we would like to send messages for other employees.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don´t like in the Skype for Business is the interface, something is a little difficult to find the information and another thing that really don´t like is the tools - Microsoft Teams has much more tools and ways to comunicate than Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the software for people that would like to have a nice discussion with other people inside the company, to take a meeting, calls, web conferences, and also share important files (informations).

The program can solve a lot of problem inside the organization when we talk about comunication problems. And a benefit is that you can share images and screen shots very fast with a simple button.

Skype Business review by William B.
Network Technician

"we really like this product"

What do you like best?

being able to communication 1-1 on instant messager has made a massive different for us, instead of typing out an email we can simply just load up skype for business and see if the person i need to talk to is online and start typing to them as easy as that.

What do you dislike?

it does crash from time to time, where the software will just hang there "not responding" and you have to restart the application and then anything that has been sent through in that time while it's crashed you can't easily get. This is the only issue we have with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

we know microsoft is going to be getting rid of skype for business soon and replace it with microsoft teams, for us, if your thinking about moving to skype for business personally I'd move to teams straight away you'd save yourself alot of implementation time

being able to instantly chat with someone instead of having to go and locate them and with staff memebers or are constantly on the move in the build it has saved our legs not having to walk after them, this has changed the way we work as a company.

Skype Business review by Yudimar  H.
Superior University Technician in Administration

"An excellent solution to carry out your video conferences"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Lync is how easy it is to use, the application is very intuitive, which makes it easy to operate, you do not need advanced computer or computer knowledge to be able to use this powerful application, besides what effective that it is, it allows to make video calls, conferences, allows you to keep in touch via chat with colleagues and why not friends, it even has a function that allows file sharing which is very useful in the corporation since sometimes emails outlook present failures

What do you dislike?

The truth is that it is a tool that I like a lot, I consider myself an expert using it and one of the applications with which I interact most in my day to day, for my part I do not have negative comments about lync, on the contrary I recommend it openly to Any company that is in search of a solution for internal and external communications, really is excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request in your companies the implementation of lync and see how they improve their internal and external communication processes

Everyone in the company uses Lync since the headquarters of our corporation is located in another location, the company's managers are not in this location, therefore when we must meet with them to report on our progress in projects, evaluations of performance, among others, we always resort to lync, the best thing of all is that the communication is given totally in real time, if no type of delays

Skype Business review by Omkar P.
Sr. Batch Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"Features are nice and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Skype is nice tool we got in in place of Lync. I'm literally in love with this application it has a very clean and easy-to-use interface in which it allows me to find my colleagues easily all over the organization, Chat is very good and it has excellent animated emoticons, calls quality is excellent, it supports both like the video calls and audio calls. It's amazing and you don't need the use of a phone to speak, which is great and very useful for meetings.

I not connected to office network but it's something that works 100% with internet connected in home.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage is that earlier we use to send files from Lync but in Skype version it is not allowing us to send files . Do not disturbed mode is automatically enabled on desktop share which is annoying some times although there is a feature to set is as normal but many times peoples forget to do so.

Sometimes I usually have performance problems when I use it it through mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use any easy to install. Interface is just awesome.

Actually all my colleagues use to communicate through this app most communication is done with this app. Its very hard to manage this without Skype. I liked with its good functions that benefits to have a clearer and more interactive communication such as audio and video calls and desktop sharing.