Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews & Product Details

What is Skype for Business (formerly Lync)?

LyncProfessional meetings and collaboration—all integrated with your Office apps

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Screenshots

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Reviews

1-25 of 10247 total Skype Business reviews
Real Estate Agent
Most Recent Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Video Review

"I'm able to meet clients face-to-face"

Skype and the deaf persons

"A collaboration tool for your business"

What do you like best?

Skype for business lets me choose how to communicate like video or voice calls, instant messaging, and screen sharing. I can integrate it with my calendar tasks and meetings into the calendar and make a timeline. It also allows me to check the status of the user that I want to contact, so we will not talk to anyone who is not available for this at the moment, which is the convenience between the parties that will be communicated.

What do you dislike?

It could increase the number of users in the video call, it leaves us with a limited support feature. In addition, sometimes crashes when loading large files, calls lose quality when they are made from mobile platforms, locking or dropping the call interrupting important issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If in your company you need your employees to be always connected to each other and to customers and suppliers, you are on the right track. It offers great features like video conferencing, audio calling, group messages and file attachments. With Skype for business your business is connected to the world in real time.

Skype for business helps us develop our business because now we can have team meetings with our teammates from other regions and it's as if we're all in the same office. It also covers the need to be always connected with our customers and suppliers. All these features make the company have an expense savings as it had before with airfare, lodging and food to bring people from staff to meeting. Today you do not exysalize this and everything is done in a virtual way.

HR Professional

"Skype is Cool"

What do you like best?

The capability to skype with several people at the same time is always useful and helpful for the team, especially when trying to train someone. I like that I can talk with my supervisor who is remote whenever I have a question or problem and we can also have team meetings via skype, which we usually do every other month.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection isn't good but other than that, it's good. It can be difficult when others on the other end don't know how to use it, so it can be frustrating and I don't like. When I am in the car it sometimes doesn't work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No advice at this time

Team meetings for remote locations, training and support and sharing screens. When a manager needs assistance with our HRIS system, I will ask them to share their screen with me on skype so that I can assist them and that always works out really good. I also use it when I want to complete a training for a new manager. I will share the screen so I can show them how to complete a transaction or they can show me what they are doing so that I can assist them with whatever problem they are having. This has been a great benefit because 9 times out of 10, the manager insists that I doing a step correctly, but I can see and immediately correct them it works every time.

Software Developer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Definitely better than putting 200 people in one room"

What do you like best?

It is cheap so it can be helpful for smaller companies, as it isn't a big commitment. The most amazing feature it offers is the video conferencing with up to 250 people. Meaning, you can literally hold a small event in Skype. Screen sharing and channel meetings are nice as well.

What do you dislike?

Its not available as a standalone package anymore and it's buried under Office 365 and Microsoft Teams. Even though it is Microsoft's attempt to compete with other VoIP services, it still falls behind quite drastically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype for Business is an affordable alternative to other VoIP options, however it fails to deliver the needed functionality for growing businesses and is hard to implement with many different packages and limitations to consider. For small businesses, it's great and you can join in without a commitment as the starting packages are somewhat cheap and it'll provide a viable way for internal comms.

We only use the chat functionality in Skype for quick internal communications and it offers a robust way to quicky get info across

I also use Microsoft Word

" Business Skype for my business "

What do you like best?

I work in my beauty salon, I am the creator and the manager. And I use basic skype and business skype to prepare and prepare academically on cosmetics and beauty. I do international courses from my house with all the workers of my beauty salon, I can talk and ask for tips from other stylists. I like it because we can be many people in the same video call ...

I can maintain contact with my partners and also with the suppliers. It is free and if you want it fits in your pocket since your plans are accessible...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in conferences, being many people, the system tends to be slow, video calls do not flow so quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% RECOMMENDED.

If you want to undertake.

If you are already a businessman

If you want to prepare.

If you want to meet people who inspire you.

If you want to do business.

Or simply if you want a work meeting.

communication, productivity, efficiency, speed, integrations ... everything with skype.

Try it friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition we can make presentations with all the softwares of Microsoft

I have known many entrepreneurs throughout the world that have inspired me, that would be the main benefit, in addition I can maintain communication with many at the same time.

I have also managed to do courses with people from other countries and prepare myself in the professional field as a stylist.

I have managed to buy products for my business.

.NET/WPF DEVELOPER
(5001-10,000 employees)

"An Application with potential"

What do you like best?

The years and the experience in the business of connecting people in an enterprise/business level are evident in the simple, intuitive UI and functionality of the software. The interconnection with other tools like Outlook are amazing and make the workflows from creating and accepting meetings to synchronize it with video chat software really easy.

What do you dislike?

- High bandwidth consumption

- ScreenSharing features fail from time to time and have issues when the host have multiple monitors and video cards install.

- Instability with the internet connection causes UI freeze from time to time.

- Lack of modern Emojis and chat options

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good software, excellent support, and interconnection with other applications if your team works with other tools from Microsoft.

Our time has multiple groups scatter around the globe even people working from home, having a reliable way of connection between all the members of the team is crucial and in that terms skype for business had served us well.

Sr. Manager of Demand Generation
(10,001+ employees)

"Works but plagued with issues"

What do you like best?

I like how I can use Skype to video conference, call a physical phone number, call a Skype number, all with one program. The user interface is also intuitive (perhaps I have been conditioned to use Skype for 2 years of straight meetings).

What do you dislike?

Technical issues such as video/audio quality, connectivity issues, and force kick-out issues are the most common problems that people experience. People from all walks of life dial in using their headsets, ear phones, cell phones, bluetooth from the road, and we all need to converse, and that's the real test of strength to ensure all of these work together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Also consider other collaboration SW or tools available in the market. Compare:

-Connectivity bandwidth with users in other countries

-Tool set to show (Are you using MSFT office? Other tools to screen share?

Collaboration with peers from around the world and enabling us to all work together by screenshare but only one party gets to share and work on the document at once. This is the biggest benefit of Skype.

Specialist

"The best way to communicate within organisation"

What do you like best?

I have been using skype for business for 2 years and it makes my worklife much more healthier, comfortable and efficient.

One of the best things I like about sky is that it gives you an opportunity to make calls, video conferences, meetings and so on very easily. With Skype for business I can send and share files with people who you want. I can even share my screen which is very useful feature.

Besides that, I think the most important thing is that Skype for business is a very user-friendly and easy to use and easy to install microsoft product.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to name bad things about Skype for business, but I think that one of the worst things is that You must have a good internet connection to use it properly. I often have some issues with internet and Skype has problems too. It would be very nice if I could use skype with my "slow internet" properly.

Also skype for business crashes sometimes and I think the team of skype for business should work about this issue and improve it.

Customer service and support of skype for business is not fantastic too. Answers and feedbacks from them are not very helpful and they are late.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to communicate within organisation effectively and fast,If you want to share your files and make video calls you must have Skype for business. This application gives you all the comfort in one app.

Also if you like other microsoft products or you have used skype before, I am sure that you will be adapted to it and you will like it.

As I said, I use skype for business everyday and It helped me to solve many problems. I don't need to write mails often, I don't need to make phone calls and sometimes I don't need to arrange meetings and If I need to do it, Skype for business helps me. I use it for screen sharing, file sharing, file transfering, video calls.

Network Engineer

""Skype"- The best Application for communication"

What do you like best?

It is the best application for communication.it allow multiple users to connect to a single session where you can communicate with each other.it allow you to share the screen with other users.it also has the recording facility. Skype gives the feature of Instant messaging where you can also chat with other users.its interface is very easy to use.the screen sharing facility is one of the best feature where it makes you easy to understand the other users

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage I found is at the low bandwidth connection gets disconnected

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend others to use Skype for communication as it is the best application available. It allows you to share the screen with other users.the communication is easy with the Skype. It also has the feature of Instant messaging.

As working in a company I use it on a daily basis. I communicate with my clients using the Skype. The best part of Skype is screen screen facility. It also allows you to share the files. It has the feature of Instant messaging also

tririga user

"Single window, multiple functions"

What do you like best?

This is a single window many functions tool. very easy to use.

it avoids usage of mails or phone calls.

tracks how long people are off.

ability to group people

ability to message to a groups.

ease of arranging and organizing groups

ability to find meeting status of users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. it has everything that is required for a simple messaging. What i like to see in sync is file sharing capability. Webex teams might soon replace this

the look and feel is a little old. Needs a lot of rework. it is still old fashioned.

Need a younger look and feel to impress the NEXTGEN group of users. They are key to uplolding and taking the product foward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

bring in file sharing features. that would really help using the application and also move away from using emails. The file sharing should also be applicable for sending files to groups and not just limited to individuals.

In addition, if you could change the look and feel of the tool, and make it look younger, am sure to stick to skype.

it avoids usage of mails or phone calls.

tracks how long people are off.

ability to group people

ability to message to a groups.

ease of arranging and organizing groups

ability to find meeting status of users.

Personal Use

"My Work Experience with Skype"

What do you like best?

I can easily communicate with my coworkers, the users I provide support and other users using skype outside the company. Since our team is divided into several offices around the world, we can meet as a team using video conferencing features.

What do you dislike?

Skype works together with other Microsoft Office applications. Usually, these applications are updated first than skype and then we have these problems with Skype/Outlook add-ins because of the versions of the products. I don't like that Microsoft does not maintain the compatibility between the products when one of those products (skype) takes more time to have an update. Also, the new products of Microsoft Office are cloud-based and companies with a lot of employees take a lot of time to migrate users to Office 365 and manage a hybrid infrastructure in the midtime. There is a poor/slow support from Microsoft on this matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a must-have tool in a working environment. However, I recommend trying to have all your Microsoft Office products updated and consider migrating to the cloud. Otherwise, you will experience some compatibility issues between them.

This is a necessary tool in order to do our work on a daily basis.

Information System Chief

"Skype for Business is useful to give support in a company"

What do you like best?

First, when we implemented this solution it was aligned to enterprise policies about the authentication access, security policies and it is based on Windows Domain Controller.

Second, currently, all people in the company are integrated into a unique solution and they are sharing information, sending messages, receiving support. They can communicate easy and fast. They can meet online from their remote sites.

Finally, this solution also can use on the mobile phone. You can download an application from the Google Play store. With this application, you can be connected anytime from anywhere. This allows extending the coverage for your employees.

What do you dislike?

This solution has to improve some functions such as the conversation history, the change of status, the integration with the telephony central.

The conversation history is a function with basics features. The change of the status has an option to reseat the status. it should execute automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend implementing Skype for Business to improve your technical and application support processes.

The technical support using Lync has improved customer satisfaction. Additionally, this implementation has reduced the time to solve customer requests.

Senior Software QA Lead
(10,001+ employees)

"Very good communication tool, but gets a little bit unstable with network changes or other scenario."

What do you like best?

Works well for group meetings and screen sharing. The recording feature works well. Chatting through it is really a breeze and is really fast. Overall its a stable communication tool under most scenarios. Has a very good quality at the time of sharing the screen or other media. Can display specific windows and can be customized.

What do you dislike?

Completing a recording takes way too much time in some scenarios. Network changes make the application become buggy or in some cases unstable. Could have some improvements having different customization on the way contact pictures are shown when screen sharing is activated.Does not have enough tools to control permissions of the members of a meeting. Sharing Specific windows could be improved, specially the case for web-browsers. A possibility to improve very large meetings should be added (more than 200 people makes the meetings very unstable or limits the amount of people joining).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Improve network changes stability. Multiple active Sessions stability.

Screen sharing and recording meetings with a very high amount of people. Communication between team members and adding people to meetings works really well. Can share 1080p and higher resolutions with great stability and quality. The ability to share specific windows is really a problem solver.

Software engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Great way to communicate between the team/peers within the Organisation."

What do you like best?

The Skype is very useful software to communicate within the organisation when we need some information regarding the project.

The Online Skype Meetings are very useful,We can join the meeting literally from anywhere from the office,if you have skype installed in the system.

We can also give the presentation in the skype which is very helpful.

We can share the Documents quickly through skype.

The status in the Skype will let us know about the user is available or not.

The group chat between the teams is great in skype.

Organizing and Scheduling the meeting is easy and provides various information regarding the Schedule of the user. this information helps us to select the time for the meeting, as per the availability of the user.

What do you dislike?

The video and call quality sometimes is very poor. This makes the user uncomfortable while using the skype.

Sometimes users will not be able to join the meetings.

The delay between the audio and the screen sharing is quite irritating. Sometimes there's no sync between the Audio and video,which disrupts the meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its easy and simple to use.We can communicate regarding project very quicku through skype and solve the issues between various groups

We can get information quickly.

We can send or recieve the documents faster.

The call and meetings are very effective.Users from different places can join the meetings from their desks.

The users respond quickly for skype message rather than email

Senior Associate
(10,001+ employees)

"Outperforms all its competitors with ease in terms of audio and video conferencing "

What do you like best?

Skype is arguably the most used enterprise wide mode of communication in most of the organisations. The support provided by Microsoft during the transition from lync to Skype for business was phenomenal. The quality of the audio calls is crisp and video quality is at par with HD resolution. Setting up of the conferences is very smooth and straightforward with almost no learning curve whatsoever. The screen sharing has been one of the best things because it has minimized our efforts of explaining the clients what the idea is and also reduced our time to resolve clients issues because they can directly show is the problem which they are facing and it also allows for taking control of the other party system and then take the necessary steps for the issue resolution .

What do you dislike?

Although Skype for Business has been beneficial beyond words to our organisation but there are few things which bug me about it. Firstly they need to come up with a lite version of the same because it consumes too much RAM and system resources and shows down your system too. Secondly the mobile app needs a major upgrade to run as smoothly and effictively as the desktop one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to give it a try because there's no better product on the market for audio- video conferencing and screen, application sharing. Everything is bundled into this one amazing tool.

We have seen tremendous growth in our team coordination and collaboration because we can get the whole team in a video conference in no time and it gives you the feel like all of you are present in the same room. The screen sharing has been a major plus point for us reducing our time and effort in resolving client issues and also presenting our ideas to wider audience. Lastly calling someone is so easy now because you can directly call them on their Skype, no need to take their personal pr cell numbers. The Starus bar is a huge bonus because it tells you about the status of the person whether he's free, busy or away.

T.S.U in Business Administration

"Integración de Lync y Skype, Skype para empresas"

What do you like best?

Lo que me gusta de esta aplicación es que integra toda la funcionalidad, la interfaz y la experiencia de Skype y con todas las capacidades de seguridad y comerciales para celebrar reuniones en línea de Lync, y ofrece lo mejor de ambos: que se puede usar en una variedad de dispositivos. No en total, no importa qué características tiene.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta es que al ser una aplicación para comunicarse dondequiera que estemos con quien sea que iniciemos una reunión, no puede agregar un nuevo participante a un chat de grupo que no esté registrado primero en los contactos. Debemos enviar un mensaje instantáneo a Un chat para el nuevo participante y después de responder es que se puede agregar al grupo, lo que hace que la interacción con la aplicación sea un poco tediosa.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent application to recommend to companies that need to maintain contact with their established partners or with new clients, offers a comfortable experience and increases the reliability of the company.

Skype for Business permite a las empresas conectar empleados entre sí o con socios comerciales de la compañía, ya sea que una reunión de conferencias de audio, video y web se combine en una experiencia unificada desde cualquier lugar, solo es necesario tener un teléfono o una conexión a Internet. . Es ideal para mantener conversaciones privadas, ya que están protegidas por un sistema de autenticación y encriptación, lo que hace que los clientes se sientan seguros cuando entablan negociaciones con la empresa y también nos ofrece la posibilidad de conocer hasta 250 personas.

Associate engineer

"skype for business for office purpose"

What do you like best?

Skype is business is help full during audio call, video conference, chat with team members or clients. One of the best thing I like is screen sharing can be done with in seconds of time and audio call is also very clear.

What do you dislike?

Some times during login it takes time to login due to network issues like that apart from that everything is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is highly recommended for all organizations and employees to use skype for business because we easily connect to call and voice is clear and audible to hear through skype and easy screen sharing ,takes less time consuming for connecting, user friendly .

The problems which we solve in our organization is screen share because we may face few problems that cant be solvable by us so by screen sharing IT people can easily see the problem and they will resolve.we will be having daily calls regarding business that can be connecting through skype.

Sales Assistant

"Skype for Business an indispensable tool for any business"

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is a secure and reliable business version of the popular and popular Skype. In Skype for Business it is possible to communicate and interact in all manner of different ways so that employees can access and use the most varied applications to communicate with each other and the company using any device and from any location.

Reduces travel and travel expenses that would be required for a face-to-face meeting because it brings together all the tools so that the same meeting can be done through video conferencing. Your integration with Outlook allows you to schedule on your device.

What do you dislike?

Costs with new software-compatible hardware such as mobile phones, webcams, microphones and even laptops. Costs and time to give training to operate the software for all employees of the company.

It requires a good internet connection and the adjacent costs. Sound quality is also not the best

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype for Business delivers what it promises, Software with a very intuitive interface, modern and easy to use, significant reduction with meeting costs, being able to contact employees anytime and anywhere

Reduce costs with moving staff to meetings.

Have several tools together in the same interface.

Ease and agility to communicate with company employees anytime, anywhere

Senior Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Trusted Application for Enterprise"

What do you like best?

It is integrated with Microsoft which make it more reliable and smooth while using as most of the companies using it rely on this software. It automatic login feauture which makes it easier to connect without logging in again and again . Screen sharing is convient to use on a single click without roaming here and there

What do you dislike?

It has no feature like taking control while sharing.We can authorize the participant like who is joining the meeting.Skype does not run on slow network .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since it is manufactured by Microsft so it is reliable to use but there are other software like Zoom which provides better security and Smooth Ui for daily,it supports other email id as well

Connection with colleages becomes easier who are onshore and offshore ensuring the quality of work and inreasing communication bond with diiferent colleages across the globe.I can share work easily with my colleages

Research Assistant

"Skype for Business."

What do you like best?

Skype for Business is being used across the whole organization. It is a software that is being used in communication to enable us to communicate outside the organization and within the organization. One core thing that excites us about this tool and that which made us go for it is that it is rich in media. It has lots of media features that enhance communication. The media features include screen share, quick chat, audio calling, and video calling. This media features are of high quality and highly functional.

I love the Skype do Business quick chat feature. It has really improved our in-house communication . With we as coworkers are able to keep close tabs on each other. One can quickly text a clarification on something to another employee or share an experience with others. This helps us much in the day to day work coordination in the office and improves on teamwork.

Skype for Business Video and the audio feature is another thing that excites me. It has a clear audio and quality feature that allows us to conduct video conferences comfortable. The video quality is such that it doesn't lag and one can clearly see the people in the meeting even if it a group.

The fact that Skype for Business allows users to hold a meeting of over 120 people is another thing that I like. This allows is to hold a meeting and briefings with a large group of teams who are operating remotely. This helps us save time and resources that are needed to travel and meet these teams. The fact that it can hold a large number of people at the same time makes sure that there in inclusivity editing the meeting which helps a lot in teamwork.

I love the screen share feature. It is easy to use such that no download is needed so as one to get connected to the screens. This is a tool that has enabled us to share screens with others during meetings, training, and briefing. It also helps us in making clarification through screen display to other individuals without necessarily being physically present.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool that its functionality is limited to internet connection.Without internet connection you cannot use it.

I also don't like the fact that at times the screen share lags at times. It is disappointing someone especially during screen share displays in meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype for Business is a great communication tool.It is affordable, easy to use and of quality.It economical to both large and small businesses.

Skype for Business has improved communication greatly in our organization Through it, we are able to get with clients and other stakeholders globally. It has also improved our in-house communication through the quick chat and screen share feature.

"Skype is Business intelligents interaction"
(10,001+ employees)

""Skype is Business intelligents interaction""

What do you like best?

"Skype" is the one of the best communicator to communicate with in organization. This will be help to discuss the business related information. Using the "Skype" we can interact with business user via audio call and video call. If another person not understanding what we are explaining exact business concept or information that time Skype provided one more functionality that to "presenting the our desktop" to them. Based on the meeting schedule time, Skype automatically change the available status and we can change the status manually as we required. In Skype we will keep the different status like Away, available, offline, presenting. We can save the contacts based on the group name.

We can tag the particular user for status change alert.

What do you dislike?

Skype some times it will stuck due to network issue, but after some time it will reconnect automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We will give suggesion to use the Skype in organaizations.

Now a days all organizations are using Skype to communicate with in organization. Using Skype we can do chat with between two person and if we want, we can add more people in the skype. Skype have one best feature that what we discussed with organization users those information we want in the future purpose we can able to save those information with exact date and time. Using Skype we can able to see the particular person profile and address which location there are working and we can find the person using name or phone number or employee id or email id.

Business Consultant

"Skype for Business- the swiss knife of instant communication for organizations"

What do you like best?

Skype for business best features are its text audio and video communication which is critical to successful project management as well as project execution. The ability to see the days schedule , see important groups as well as favorites without having to leave the app is a very productive option. With instant messaging and screen share options, it reduces the need /dependency on a separate video conferencing app. Additionally the option to share files is a helpful feature.

What do you dislike?

The occasional unable to connect errors crop up for no apparent reason, even when the network is up.

At times I have experienced the app crashes during presentations and screen shares, that tends to be a downer and a discouragement to use it for conferences. This may lead to ppl using webex, blujeans , zoom, etc for video conferences

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A nearly perfect do it all app for all things related to communication, with of course added security.

Basic tele communication , and ofcourse with conversation history enabled a log of conversations for future reference is a great Outlook integration feature. An all in one communication too that true promotes remote working. Skype avoids the necessity to get into an conference room , set up a meet , share details and then share screens. Just ping , text , share, and call to discuss!

Research Assistant

"Skype for Business (formerly Lync)"

What do you like best?

Skype for business is a very efficient software that allows contact among various company departments. Such a feature facilitates efficient communication between the researches and the relevant departments that implement policies with a view to boosting the business performance. The software also allows for free bonding within the company's working fraternity thus creating a rich rapport.

What do you dislike?

The software functions only in the presence of a stable and strong network and the access to android phones or computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The most efficient software for fostering a positive working relationship and easy communication across departments. Research assistant find the software a boon in the process of disseminating data from the field despite the prevailing weather conditions.

Skype for Business helped me relay the information I collected from the field on time and in the most effective and appealing manner. The delays that emanated from challenges I met in the field such as bad weather were eliminated and smooth flow of information resumed. Good working rapport was attained and the business performance improved significantly.

Software developer

"Skype the tool to manage employees conversation"

What do you like best?

The best thing which I liked as per my usage is that it is very user friendly and light weight. Anytime you open it will start in seconds and on any platform. it is best tool to share screen and to present. I also use to have many group conversation and it is great in creating meetings and. Taking classes on presentation

What do you dislike?

Some times it happen that I add multiple people in group chat and at once one or two gets put no idea why so it is a small problem I am facing other than this all things are best and doing great

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can not imagine a organisation without Skype because it is lifeline and a link tool to connect all the employees so it is best and should be used for the easy and fast handling of talk and situations

I use to take classes and present my screen to people and it works flawlessly and I use to share code and pictures it is best easy and user-friendly tool to work in organisation

Co-Founder / CEO

"Better experience than Skype lately, but setup is not easy. Recommended if you use MS Suite already."

What do you like best?

Once you set it up, it nicely integrates into your MS stack tools: setting up events adds Skype calls automatically and it offers callouts to non-Skype for Business users on their local numbers.

What do you dislike?

Setting up your users and accounts was difficult. It is heavily integrated into the MS suite, so if you're not in their ecosystem, which many small companies are not anymore then taking part in calls will require you to install a new piece of software or going through a suboptimal experience in a browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're already using the MS suite than Skype for Business seems like a good and stable choice for teleconferencing and / or video calling for your team. On the other hand, if you are a small or new company or a startup that does not use Microsoft tools then I would most probably look for other tools like Zoom that do not require all users to be using Microsoft or for that matter any other suite of tools in order to use them. (Although Zoom also offers a downloadable app for your computer and phone which provides a better overall user experience than going through a web browser.)

We connect remote team members quite efficiently. Using outcalls to local phone numbers have come handy multiple times for team members with low or no data (can easily happen on the move in the US or with lack of affordable data roaming overseas).

Investigations Specialist
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"Skype Conference Ability Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that all in-house representatives within my organization can utilize Skype simultaneously is beneficial; i.e. there is not a limit on the amount of users we can have for one call. Both video and audio are supported, despite some of my associates being located in Singapore and Europe. Also, actions are supported in the cloud for this software.

What do you dislike?

There are only two issues I have encountered with Skype: it is not a fully capable VoIP platform; online plans are not always compatible with our in-house hardware. The imaging in the video conferencing is also occasionally exhibits poor quality with low to zero visibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skype for business is definitely a program in