3.9

Empower organizational growth with the centralization, automation and accuracy of all employee data.

Work for Ascentis?

Learning about Ascentis?

Ascentis Reviews

Ask Ascentis a Question
Showing 145 Ascentis reviews
Teresa C.

"Amazing folks to work with!!! FANTABULOUS!!!!! Awesome products!!!!"

What do you like best?

Amazing folks to work with!!! FANTABULOUS!!!!! Awesome products!!!! Very helpful when I need something!!! They all go above and beyond to assist with anything I have need of which is rare and very much appreciative on my part!!!! LOVE the conferences they provide for use to attend and learn the new items coming out as well as they truly listen to our feedback and what we need!!

What do you dislike?

I need more dates to come over from Ascentis HR to Ascentis Payroll. We need dates for multiple items that we have to create ourselves and enter the data ourselves instead of it coming across from the Ascentis HR. Otherwise there is not much at this point that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely!!!! You will LOVE the support that you will get from everyone there at Ascentis and NOVAtime!! I highly recommend them to everyone!! There is not a perfect system out there but they are working on it and they are getting pretty close to being there!!!

We can now upload all our payroll timekeeping info into the Ascentis payroll module which absolutely saves me a bunch of time while I'm processing payroll. Honestly a true time saver for me!!!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ascentis
Ashley J.

"Amazing Customizable Solution! "

What do you like best?

I like that you can customize the solution to fit your needs. Not only can you include or exclude pieces of the core product, you can customize areas within the core product to cater to the needs of your organization.

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything I dislike about the system. Maybe the multiple sign ons for admins, but with the transition to the web, that problem is fixing itself.

We have been able to take spreadsheets from HR, Payroll, Managers, etc and create custom tabs and move all the tracking of that data into the Ascentis system. This has helped from a security standpoint and also from a streamlining perspective. We eliminated a lot of steps once we implemented Ascentis.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Tracy D.

"AWESOME support team with fast responses!"

What do you like best?

Strong support team will respond to any questions in a timely manner either via email or phone call. I can rely on Ascentis Support to help with any issues I may have with HR or Payroll. I greatly appreciate the fast responses and customer service from Ascentis. Ascentis is a very easy and clear system to use whether remotely or on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Reporting on Ascentis shouldn't be too time consuming depending on the type of report is being created. Although you can save and modify reports, looking through the history of reports can be quite confusing as well.

At the moment, Ascentis is working on the COBRA carrier feed as they found out the carrier delivery has recently failed. Ascentis Support reached out to me and I reached out to COBRA to get ahold of a rep to contact Ascentis and get this fixed. This made me realize that Ascentis is constantly checking on any discrepancies and taking the time to reach out to us. Again, I appreciate the customer service from Ascentis.

Anita S.

"Great Product ,Cost Effective, Excellent Service and Support"

What do you like best?

The Ascentis HRIS, payroll and NOVAtime is a full suite of robust and comprehensive HR systems that are adaptable to a businesses growing/changing needs. The systems are easy to navigate and configure allowing for ease of self-administration. However, they do have great support staff available for assistance when needed. Additionally, the cost of the Ascentis products are had to beat. They offer a great product, great service at great pricing!

What do you dislike?

It would be very nice if all three Ascentis systems, HRIS, Payroll and NOVAtime were a single sign-on system. It can be frustrating and a bit cumbersome extracting data/reports from three entities. Information from HRIS does flow in to the payroll and NOVAtime systems, but each one requires an individual login and each one has very different reporting capabilities and parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When reviewing & comparing systems cost is important, but it's also very important to consider how flexible and adaptable a system will be over the long-term for your organizations' needs. A system should be secure, reliable, easily accessible from any location and provide for ease of use. Additionally, it should be easy to configure, offer in-depth report capabilities and allow for ease of self-administering with support service.

Business HEalth Solutions is a mid-size independent employer, many of the more well-known systems are cost prohibitive from a business such as ours. Or they may offer only one or two options rather than a full suite; requiring us to purchase/subscribe to services from another source.

"Our Time with Ascentis HCM"

What do you like best?

The Employee Self-Service Platform is pretty easy to use not matter what your level of comfort with technology is. It allows us as an employer to make so many resources available to our employees no matter where they are.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. What I dislike the most is the lack of true mobile functionality. In a world that is mobile-oriented, Ascentis's products "mobile-versions" are clunky and simple unpleasant to work with for our applicants and our staff.

Also, while the ATS (Ascentis Recruiting) is great for creating reports, the overall experience with the sad. Administrators have no direct control over the addition or removal of onboarding documents. You must email Ascentis every time you need to customize offer letters because you are stuck with one template. My hiring managers hate navigating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This may be the platform for your small business but if you can make the investment, consider something else.

As I previously mentioned, Ascentis's Self-Service Platform allows our organization to provide access to resources that are important to our employees.

Trinity P.

"Fast, Effective Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Ascentis has fast and effective customer service whether that's by phone or email. They have a ton of different modules to fit a lot of different businesses.

What do you dislike?

There are so many modules and very few actual step by step and how to guides despite there being an Ascentis Community site where you can ask questions and view webinars.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to utilize what you pay for with this system. It can do a lot for you.

We are solving an issue of effectively keeping track of employee trainings using ascentis. We have also been using it to track disciplinary actions so that they are visible when people apply to be rehired with us.

Rhonda V.

"Full Customization for a Price"

What do you like best?

Integration between HR / Payroll; custom tabs in HR allow for unlimited tracking capabilities with reporting features; knowledgeable and helpful implementation team; quick responses (most of the time) from Customer Service. Employee Self-Service portal, time clock integration, Carrier Connect and ACA support available and adequate. Training and knowledge base is free and readily available.

What do you dislike?

Each "module" is separate from the other, and has a process to transfer information from one system to the other; system is able to be customized, but this makes the system 1) expensive and 2) difficult to operate unless you have a background in database administration,. Response from the tax service is slow, and the user interface for the self service portal is antiquated and difficult to navigate. Bolt on services outside of core payroll and HR can miss the mark, and are time consuming to integrate with the rest of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a long look at your current vs. future needs. Also, consider the technical skills of the Administrator(s) using the system. You need to have some experience managing databases and/or coding to properly administer the system and customize your employee portal.

Prior to Ascentis, our company outsourced payroll processing through a PEO with no HR tracking capabilities. Adding HR/Payroll/Tax Service/Timekeeping/Carrier Connect/ACA services has allowed us to track an employee through most of their lifecycle, and enables us to automate more processes. Many of the available reports are able to be exported to Excel, so they may not be what we need out of the box, but we are able to better manipulate the data.

Beth M.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I love Ascentis because everything is easy to use. While Support is always a great resource, I feel like I can figure out problems on my own. I love being able to help my staff use the system without having to continually contact support. THe system is set up to allow us to do that. And the training at implementation helped a bit too.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I see is that we have several different databases in the HR module and we can't report across all of them, which means going into each company and printing the report out one by one. Time consuming but a small hassle in the grand scheme of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ascentis has been great to work with from Implementation to support. Attending the Engage conference was even more eye-opening and great to network with other users about best practices.

Carrier connections, employee self service, time keeping, payroll, benefits, etc.

Carrie M.

"Max Kiner is awesome"

What do you like best?

Strong knowledge of product available through expert help. Would not have been able to connect with that knowledge without Max's help. The thing that is outstanding about Max is that he helped with with an annual enrollment issue on Jan 1st without complaint, early in the morning. He has been a great asset for me.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I had was not the fault of Ascentis, but I started in my position 3 months into the Ascerntis transition. All knowledge of implementation left with my predecessor and I had no training. The first and second Administrative manager I worked with I really struggled to connect with them. I did not know the product well enough to speak the language or even know who to ask for help. Meanwhile, I was one person handling 50% turnover and recruiting at max capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for connectability and components that truly work well together, Ascentis is a great product for you.

Recruiting

Payroll

HRIS

Self-Service

Benefits

NOVAtime

Lance M.

"Went from horrible to great"

What do you like best?

The customization options and the advances to employee self services.

What do you dislike?

Wish their were more resources available to learn about self service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I came on board with my current employer they had lost their entire HR team and outsourced HR until they got my team in place so their was no transfer of knowledge. For the first year I was really unhappy with the product and was actively looking for a new software solution. Then we got a new account manager (i did not even know we had an account manager in that first year). With the new account manager I became aware of resources that helped us learn the product and its capabilities. I have had experience with Abra Suite and most recently 8 years using Microsoft Dynamics. Now I feel Ascentis is the best prodcut I have used and I am very happy with it. The customer service and support has improved dramatically over the last 3 years and I feel it is outstanding at this point in time.

I believe our biggest strides over the last 6 months have been with TMS - both in learning /training and performance reviews. We still have a ways to go but with 24/7 365 operation we have been able to develop web based trainings for some of our required trainings so employees have more flexibility with completing their required training.

James M.

"" The best Payroll Manager""

What do you like best?

I like the home screen dashboard since it is a snappy depiction of a great deal of data that is typically something that you have to look into actually brisk. For instance, I like having the capacity to rapidly reference what days we watch occasions without completing a broad inquiry. It additionally has our qualities, mission, and vision which is elevating to see shown at the cutting edge. The TinyPulse feed is perfect, as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for that it opens in extra window when I go to check in, on the off chance that I pushed the time attendant alternative it will open a totally different window, including to the messiness my work area. Clearly this is certifiably not a tremendous issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ascentis is an interface that enables you to store and share relevant information.i will suggest it

Before executing this product, the directors rounded out paper assessments and except if you kept a checked delicate duplicate of the last marked audit, every representative didn't have a spot to take a brief trip and see their past reviews.The business issues are worker check the board, benefits, and so on. The advantages are to deal with these things in a single spot.

Haley L.

"It's typically simple to use, but I don't consider it a vital tool in my work life. "

What do you like best?

I like the home screen dashboard because it is a quick snapshot of a lot of information that is usually something that you need to look up really quick. For example, I like being able to quickly reference what days we observe holidays without having to do an extensive search. It also has our values, mission, and vision which is uplifting to see displayed at the forefront. The TinyPulse feed is neat, too.

What do you dislike?

It's a little cluttered looking on the dashboard. I don't love the evaluation process that is built into it, but perhaps that is because we may not utilize it to it's fullest extent. The area where you can view your paystub/earnings isn't the greatest, I feel like I have to click a lot of different places to get the information that I need.

It houses everything in one place from a timecard, pay stubs, W2 information, evaluations, company information. This is convenient as there are already so many places and passwords/usernames to keep up with, and this keeps all this information under one.

"HR Software "

What do you like best?

This software is great for the end user to go and look up your pay stub and all of of your past pay stubs.

The Give Kudos is a nice functionality, but our company doesn't use this feature except at the end of the year right before reviews. Because of this some managers don't take this feedback seriously.

Once sent my review to sign this was very easy.

What do you dislike?

Our Company implemented this about a week before employee reviews were due three years ago, with not alot of training everyone was given tight deadlines to learn and complete their reviews and it was a nightmare. I realize this was not really the software's fault. Managers at our company seemed very frustrated however.

I still haven't really spent enough time in the software to understand all it can do. Under my Goals, it isn't really that clear what the Status means, I see Submitted and Locked. I feel like it should be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Train your employees on how to get the most of the software, I believe it could be a powerful, useful tool if utilized.

Prior to implementing this software, the managers filled out paper evaluations and unless you kept a scanned soft copy of the final signed review, each employee didn't have a place to go and see their past reviews.

Ashley J.

"Couldn't Live Without! "

What do you like best?

I like how you can customize it to fit the needs of your organization and how its all housed under one "roof."

What do you dislike?

At this time, just the multiple log-ins for admins, however, I hear that is going to be consolidated very soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple to use (for employees/ managers/and admin) system with tons of ways to customize it for your organization, then Ascentis is right for you.

Consolidating platforms and streamlining processes. We have moved spreadsheets that managers maintained to custom tabs and that has really helped us generate more powerful and meaningful reports.

Christina P.

"Committed to Progress"

What do you like best?

Ascentis is traversing a very similar path as my own company. I love the system functionality (HR, Payroll, TimeKeeper user) and am impressed by their commitment to streamlining the user experience. I'm excited to continue growing with them.

What do you dislike?

Lack of proactive client interaction. Would like to have someone reaching out to ensure we're taking advantage of the most recent enhancements which apply to our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start slow, especially if you are a lean HR department. You don't need to implement EVERY module at the same time. Start with the core systems relevant to your business and then add on after you've successfully implemented and have good user adoption.

HR and Payroll for a multi-state company with a myriad of different needs. Employee self-service and data extraction through reporting has been a tremendous help.

Laurel H.

"User Friendly - Payroll Ascentis"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy it is to create insta-checks in Payroll Ascentis. This is a feature I use most often to correct any errors that arise during payroll processing.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how slow it is to receive changes from Self Service Ascentis. Our employees are entering their direct deposit, and it does take time to see that change. I don't mind accepting the changes, however employees are confused on why it's not updated right away.

The biggest problem we are solving with Ascentis is state taxes. I really like the "States with Reciprocals" report and the pop-ups that populate when we are changing state taxes on an employee profile.

Shout out to Donna Smith for helping me through the Customer Service line!

Melinda P.

"HRIS, HR ADMIN"

What do you like best?

The ESS dashboard - didn’t have a good one before. I like the way we can put all the policies and procedures, the handbook, Calendars for employees.

What do you dislike?

I dislike where the EEO category information is on the OTHER tab instead of it being tied to the job title and description.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As time goes on, I do believe Ascentis gets better. Implementation did not go smoothly, so I would want somebody considering this to really get to know the new system before the implementation takes place

Like the open enrollment feature. This has allowed for much less manual administration. Like the talent management System. I like how one can go in and impersonate a user on this too. Wish this was in the day to day management of Employee ESS.

Kari G.

"Payroll Administrator"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use, ability to ramp up new employees quickly to learn each module and successfully run our operation! We've been able to custom tailor the software to work for our clubs and we find it to be a powerful record keeping softward with limitless report writing.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully, We've encountered very little we don't like! We love the simplicity, and the ability to use only what we need for our business model. We find it a little less cumbersome than current products that have endless tabs and bog down staff with email traffic requiring immediate resolution.

We have streamlined all our employee records and created a uniformity we love! We have been able to maintain our database since 2004 for former employee research, etc.

Jennifer L.

"Working with Ascentis has increased my confidence in our HR department & has simplified our programs"

What do you like best?

Ascentis is very user friendly because the various features blend and work together. It takes away the need to enter the same info into multiple platforms. Ascentis allows the management team to be more involved and communicate with their teams.

What do you dislike?

I truly haven't discovered anything I dislike, although the implementation process is lengthily but understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The implementation is a long process but sets the foundation for your usage. Put a lot of thought into it, it will benefit you in the long run. The implementation team is great and very knowledgeable.

Ascentis has freed up a lot of time and has streamlined our processes. The new hire process from start to finish is now in one program and is very easy to manage.

User in Civil Engineering

"The opposite of User Friendly"

What do you like best?

It's like they captured everything and anything you'd want to do with an HR management software, and then made it hard to find. Lots of out of the box content is useful but impossible to separate from custom company stuff.

What do you dislike?

It's web based, slow, and EXTREMELY not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please please please consider who your users are and who is going to internally support Ascentis before rolling out an implementation. If your HR/Talent Management staff are not ready to make Ascentis support their part time job, then this is not the piece of software for you.

We are capturing all of our training, onboarding, workforce management, and performance in Ascentis. At this point we are a year in to our implementation and have NOT realized any benefits. It takes more time to find and perform these tasks in Ascentis than it did before... they're just all in one system now.

Amy C.

"Strong Platform"

What do you like best?

Ascentis provides multiple solutions to fit your business needs and provide the flexibility to customize products. The solutions work together seamlessly for a full suite offering. The support center is very responsive response to your questions and needs

What do you dislike?

I feel like the recruitment platform doesn't get enough attention/education as other platforms. It would be nice when you call support; to not have to engage in phone tag with the expert once the ticket is entered. Could you enter a ticket and a call be scheduled?

My previous work experience was with very large corporations. When I joined my current company I was very pleased with the sophistication of Ascentis for smaller companies.

We finally are on electronic reviews through talent!

Autumn K.

"Complete and User friendly"

What do you like best?

I learned to use Ascentis with zero training. Very small learning curve. If you've ever used any other payroll or HR product, Ascentis will be more complete and easier with a broader range of reporting.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out Instawriter (once you do though it's not the beast you thought!)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The more training and going thru the software webinars continuously the easier and more informed your employees will be.

I don't have any. The customer service and specialist are amazing!

"Ascentis is easy to use and includes a strong customer support base. "

What do you like best?

The customer service has and always will be the best . The response and follow thru are awesome. If we've needed any help with setting up new codes or had any questions about taxes, support has been more than helpful .

What do you dislike?

The Employee's cannot reset their own passwords for Employee Self Serve. Otherwise the system as a whole if very straight forward. If we've ran into anything we didn't like , we've been able to change or adjust the functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Acentis is a straight forward UI and if you ever have any questions , their support team is fast responding and makes sure you have what you need to move forward.

The reporting capabilities have assisted by allowing deep customization , allowing granular detail if needed. Otherwise the system as a whole if very straight forward. If we've ran into anything we didn't like , we've been able to change or adjust the functions.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Ascentis Review"

What do you like best?

I like the most things are very easy to get to based on navigation with all the modules readily available.

What do you dislike?

The performance management is SLOOOOOOOW. I also wish it had the ability to leave feedback during the performance rating so that you can rate and write a comment at the same time when going through wizard mode. I also wish that in talent management the source of the submission was readily available and that there were some additional permissions. On the permission it would be good to allow a salary request field that is only visible by certain hiring managers. Also wish that you could opt in and out of emails for new req's instead of it being a global setting. I like to see what the staff has in the pipeline but I don't want an email for every submission.

It has really streamlined our timetracking, onboarding, and performance management.

"Ascentis is quite useful"

What do you like best?

I mainly use ascentis to transfer the payroll csv into the accounting side. Our HR Manager handles the checking of people's time and the actual process of payroll and thus spends a lot more time on it than I do. It has been fairly helpful when I have needed it for my function and the customer service employees were helpful when I had problems.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes to mention possibly because the time I spend on it is very limited is I am not involved in the payroll process with the exception of transferring the csv general ledger download to the general ledger as well as when there is a specific type of payroll report that is required by reporting purposes that is needed from ascentis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it but I mainly used it for pulling up reports for filing reports and pulling the information into the general ledger side as the details of the payroll is handled by the HR Manager.

No problems. It has been very helpful with ease of obtaining information required for federal reports.

Learning about Ascentis?

* We monitor all Ascentis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9