Mixpanel Reviews & Product Details

Mixpanel Overview

What is Mixpanel?

Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience. Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore. For more information, visit: www.mixpanel.com

Mixpanel Details

Mixpanel helps businesses deeply understand user behavior and drive intelligent action with the leading user analytics solution.

Mixpanel

Mixpanel Reviews

Showing 383 Mixpanel reviews
Already have Mixpanel?
VP Product
What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Mixpanel is the great UX and ease of use. It helps our PMs get their answers super fast. It's a matter of minutes until you get value from using Mixpanel. It's probably the best out there in that regard. This is why our PMs love Mixpanel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Historically, the downside of Mixpanel was pricing. They had 2 separate plans for people and events which made it really not scalable. But they listened to the feedback and created a much fairer and more scalable pricing structure. You just need to talk with their sales people.

Another thing that's less great about Mixpanel is how effective it is, or how easy it is, to find answers for more complicated questions. But Mixpanel wasn't really designed for it. Or at least we're not using it for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting fast and accurate answers about the behaviour of our users. When our PMs want to check the performance of their work, Mixpanel is the go to place. Mixpanel helped us avoid hiring product analysts for a long while. And even when we scaled and hired analysts, they use it too to get faster answers (compared to using BI tools). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketer
What do you like best?

I think the ways you can view/study/analyze user behaviour is great. You can create funnels to see how people complete a series of actions, break it down by their different attributes, time periods, etc. You can view flows and get an understanding of places people come from and where they go after performing certain actions. You can create cohorts to track and more. It's fairly comprehensive and much of what I do as a marketer is informed/guided by Mixpanel data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little difficult to know if there is something missing (like an event or attribute), so at times you might not be able to discern certain data. So basically, it's not a perfect, foolproof solution. But as your understanding of Mixpanel improves, you can address those gaps over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can use Mixpanel to identify what your most valuable users are doing. This helps you understand what things to communicate to them, how to better educate them/prime them to use your software/product etc. These are things that you can't always determine through user calls, and especially not at the volume you'd need to make an informed decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Data Analyst
What do you like best?

This tool offers multiple functions to develop a complete job, allows you to create custom panels to monitor your accounts, it also allows a very complex analysis with the use of simple tools together, what I like the most is the ability to create a panel that can be use to monitor metrics, the user interface is amazing and the graph visualizations are very clear, I also love this system as it has a large ton of user engagement data, it also makes it easy to create and analyze reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

He considered this software a very complete tool with multiple benefits, I do not find anything negative about the platform, it has a very good user interface that helps throughout the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent tool for product owners and data analysts, I recommend using this software with great confidence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a very extraordinary tool, it has given us the ability to see the activity of our clients and present facts to which they generally do not have access, it also helps to analyze user interactions with their application and website, also the application developed for phones Mobile phones is quite functional, it has also helped enormously in the complete renovation of our user experience, it has helped us make some of the best decisions about products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Mixpanel has made tracking client usage super quick and easy. It's also super informative to be able to understand what client interests are by looking at the detailed usage report. The option to view different date range at a click of a button is also great, I am able to track changes over different time periods. The dashboard option also makes it easy and convenient to see overall usage in one go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The filters are a little complicated to use and sometimes data takes a while to load. However, the system is fairly user friendly and the dashboard generally is sufficient for the information I am after. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to keep track of client usage and also understanding their area of interest by going through the detailed usage and their downloads. Able to see exactly which user are active and which are not meaning that I can re-engage clients that might have fallen off in terms of usage. Understand how my portfolio is doing with an overall view and it is also great that it offers predictions looking at historical data of your profolio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

The UI based analysis saves a lot of time. Most of what can be achieved using JQL can be done using the UI itself. The ability to make dashboards is very useful to track performance of newly released features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The flows functionality is great. But the data is not in a downloadable format. In funnels, there isn't an option for studying users who flowed from Step A to Step B without any intermediate steps. This is very important to understand friction points of pages and features.

2. The User history is not in a downloadable for to perform useful analysis. I'm having to use workarounds using JQL or insights (by breaking down by processed time). But these methods are not ideal as the properties of interest are different for different events. The basic requirement is a matrix of all event properties X Time Processed should be downloadable for a user (with masked contact information). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be shy of using Excel on Mixpanel data. Though Mixpanel tries it's best to reduce dependance on excel, such analysis will only increase the scope of insights you will find. Excel is an ally to Mixpanel data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing the friction for the user in our website and app with the least amount of tech investment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When I started working over Mixpanel I must confess that i was quite reluctant to work mostly because it wasn't my expertise area but in one week I felt more comfortable than in the rest of the data analysis apps! An amazing way to visualize data and hit on the sweet spot of what you need to check into.

In addition to these specs the organic way the app is done its outstanding, very easy to merge reports and to have all in one click of distance, I truly recommend this app to everyone that needs to know about what is the usage of the app from a user perspective, it doesn't escape from this app any data that could end up being critical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really didn't see anything in particular, maybe the way you cannot sometimes add reports in dashboards, i got some examples that I need to search manually weekly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im using Mixpanel for everything when it comes to data gathering and analysis. Simple, easy and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to break down by different advertisements, networks, etc. has been really helpful when it comes to knowing which ads are doing well, along with conversion rate on site. Being able to compare the CV rates has been great assistance when it comes to creating more ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform can be confusing when building larger funnels - would be helpful to have a section that is dedicated to "what are you trying to build?" and then showing the best way to get that chart, flow, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend mixpanel for a small to medium marketing/data analysis team as it has been very simple to use, pick up for new team members, and can show really important data if you're looking to optimize your current funnel/site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working through LTV customer analysis and funnel drop off rates. Seeing exact timing of our funnel drop off points has been super insightful and helpful when trying to reiterate the system we have in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I had used other tools such as CleverTap and MoEngage, but the dashboards refreshes very fast on MixPanel. Whatever analysis I have to do, doesn't take much time in MixPanel as the event data gets uploaded pretty fast, be it for a year's data that you are analysing for. This saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike in MixPanel. Though I would have appreciated if there were APIs from MixPanel which could have allowed me to send data to google sheets, for more detailed analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with the Growth Team and we analyse a lot of data and go through a lot of metrics. With MixPanel, it's very easy to use data and graphically change the way of looking at data.

MixPanel has allowed me to save a lot of time during my analysis, and helped me in precisely looking at the RCA for metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a product designer, I was relatively new to data analysis when I first opened Mixpanel, but in a fraction of minutes, I was able to get answers to some of the questions that I had. After cluttered and unintuitive GA it was a breath.

It took some time to learn all the powerful features of Mixpanel (and here I want to thank them for organizing great and insightful webinars both about their product and data analysis in general), but each step provided new insights into our users' behavior.

Now we use Mixpanel across all departments of our startup and it's an essential tool for everyone there.

What I love the best is how flexible and intuitive it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It requires thoughtful implementation and events QA at our side, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check their webinars about implementation and product analytics strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a managed marketplace app. That has two sides in it: demand and supply app. It's easy to distinguish between them with Mixpanel's filters and cohorts.

Another benefit is Mixpanel's dashboards We have one per each app module and also tailor-made dashboards for different departments: sales, marketing, product. Setting all of them took me no more then a couple of hours, and now everyone at the company can get answers directly from them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Great usability and fast response

- Easy integration with Web applications

- Easy to create Analytics with build-in features like (1st time ever and aggregations)

- Funnel analysis: Time to convert, Frequency and trends

- Retention Cohorts and analysis

- Nice dashboards and periodic reports

- User Activity Feed

- Identify which users convert and retain best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Mobile integration with React Native Apps

- More graphic visualizations options

- Unable to delete wrong events

- Price could be less expensive for Brazilian companies it is a little bit expensive :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Identify and map your product KPI's.Align with your engineering team to integrate with Mixpanel and implement product sensors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understand customer behavior to improve our product usability

Feature adoption to measure the perfomance of the new releases and improvements

Client segmentation / cohort profile to understand different kind of personas

Create funnels to identify KPI's of one flow like time to convert and success rate

Measure product and features KPI's to improve our operational efficiency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like how much can be achieved with the tool, and the fact that customer support/the community are on hand to help out with neat solutions to any questions we may have. My org has gone from a super complex workflow to running everything through Mixpanel – it just made the most sense for us! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge amount. I think because its such a flexible product, there can be a tendency for it to get a little complicated for a new user (the learning curve can be a little steep), but once the docs/forum have been explored and enough time is spent using the tools, it becomes obvious how powerful it is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my experience, anyone using Mixpanel should ensure they have the time and resources to learn how to use it well. If you don't know what you're doing the value you get out of it will be surface level, but if you can make use of its powerful toolset, then you will be able to use it to power all/most of your product decision-making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mainly use it for what it's meant to be doing – event-based product analytics. That said, we'd prefer to use it for traditional "page view" type analysis too, but I guess that's not your ball game. I'm also using the connections via Zapier to bring in system uptime stuff and NPS scoring from our CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Any serious team looking to understand they metrics and performance and build quality product MUST have mixpanel! Love everything about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Biggest issue for us so far :

> When we send a message (push notification) to our user base there's no option to fragment the push within a time frame, for instance, if you send a message to 100k users ALL of them receive them at the same moment which causes stress to the servers, I'd like to see an option where we can set it be sent within a time frame, let's say 60 minutes, so we would send 1666 push per minute instead of 100k in 1 minutes.

We had this issue and we ended up writing code on our end to solve for the issue, I'm sure other MixPanel users would appreciate it too.

Thanks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waist more time, do it now :)

and

Mix panel really pays off if you take the time to track your events, so do really make this as your habit and make sure every screen , flow, user property is always set up, the data has to be sent to Mixpanel so you can understand make the most of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understanding better aha moments.

Finding bugs

Finding retention loops

etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- First, the affordable pricing. Every other tools with the same features and quality are more expensive.

- The fact that in can be used to analyse almost everything in the application. You just need to track the right things to make the best analysis

- Very powerful queries and events organisations, so you can filter/find all the captured data.

- As we have the application deployed in multiple supports (Web, App stores...) we need to understand our users flow. Mixpanel is capable of identifying a user in different platforms and regroup all his events in a flow.

- Experiments analysis is a very special feature that we love. You can compare two versions of your app to see how they performs against each others for your KPIs

- Custom dashboards so every team have there own KPIs shown in a separate dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- The curve of learning is really difficult. You have to practice a lot to understand how to capture all the good insights from it.

- The messaging part needs some enhancement so it's possible to make complex scenarios based on users event. I know that messaging is not the core feature Mixpanel (Analysis is) but if you propose it, make it great :)

- It can be overwhelming to track everything in the app. Especially if your app change quite often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enhancing our AAARR funnel. Mainly acquisition through Onboarding, conversion and retention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The dashboards are a great way to keep an eye on key trends to make sure things are running smoothly. Following a product launch, it's also a great way to organize a few widgets to make sure you're getting the discovery, usage, and retention you expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've never managed to connect user level data. It's never been a problem since we're using mixpanel to look at aggregate behavior, not individual users. But when I use Live View I sometimes with I set up the user level info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it primarily to track product usage. It has become the source of truth for all teams to see if our users discover, use, and rely on our features. We also use dimensions to find groups of users that we want to follow more closely. This helped us optimize our sign-up flow based on device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intern
What do you like best?

1. The User Intefrence. Its very minimal and self intuitive. Its very easy to use, even for non technical users.

2. Bucketing and segregation of users. MixPanel has alot of built in modules for user journey and analytics. It helps us to get on results faster and take appropriate actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We used it for 2 years as of now. I didn't came across major cons. I would be more than happy to see more native integration with email and SMS providers. That will help us to setup communication journeys in a easy way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Documentation. Please throughly read the documentation before using it hands-on. There might be some technical terms which are good to know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Customer Lifestyle management. We trigger responses based on the user actions on mobile application.

2. Triggering automated communications from organization POV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's so easy to build reports and funnels with different data needs and collaborate with other team to look at the insights. I love the new UI changes which allow to change filters quickly. I love building dashboards combining multiple reports into one to see broader picture of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Select date options and ranges could be little more user friendly. Also the dashboard refresh is little buggy when you add multiple reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would definitely recommend Mixpanel to any team which is looking for gathering deeper information on their customers, day-to-day business insights like conversions, retention, churn etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a Product Manager, I use Mixpanel to gather data insights about my products users, their geo, behavior, CVR, CTRs between the pages within the funnel, and many other factors related to our products to be able to plan product initiatives accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Customer Support Advisor
What do you like best?

I love how granular you can get with the data that is provided. You can figure out what the issue may be to the very click or browser a user is using to help eliminate any variables that could be at play when trying to fix an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be tricky to figure out or understand the data being presented, but that comes from inexperience or poor training from the company you may be employed by. But Mixpanel has a ton of resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer-related issues - bugs, where they've might have lost data, disprove things they've claimed they've done.

I may have mentioned it before but the data is granular so knowing this you can help redirect someone to take the correct steps to resolve their issue on their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Owner
What do you like best?

Mixpanel makes it easy for data enthusiasts and novices alike to get comfortable with analytics. Learning the interface and how to create reports and dashboards was just as easy for me (someone who already does things like this in other platforms) as it was for users unfamiliar with creating reports/dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still struggling with the filter logic on certain reports. This is probably just user error and learning curve but it would be nice if this part of report-building was more straight-forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to track user behavior in a way that allows me to make informed product decisions. This has allowed our company to gather more personalized insight into individual users as well as create cohorts for our user groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

The best thing I like is the level of customisation allowed when setting up the events. The events along with user profiles and user custom parameters allows you to make in depth funnels and then use these to build marketing automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The limited messaging capabilities build on the platform. You can integrate with Braze or Airship but it would have been better if more marketing communication tools were build inhouse Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good tool to have if you set up your events in the correct / optimised manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use mixpanel to analyse the user journey and funnels of our app, which allows us to identify the drop off points. We then work to improve those journeys and use these segments or cohorts of users created to engage more by sending notifications and email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

Probably being able to customize everything so well. Creating dashboards and reports that can later be shared with the team is also a plus. Not having to do the same search every day to find out how users are using the product, but rather just having them show up in the dashboard. Individual analytics were also useful, especially when used to prompt dedicated push notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think customer service's a tad bit slow. Didn't need to contact them very often so I wouldn't necessarily say this was a downside. Overall, I don't have much to complain about the product. They seem to be doing a very good job and it keeps getting better. It's obvious they're constantly working on improving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrate Mixpanel as early as possible so you can see what works for your product and what doesn't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gaining insight into how users are using our product. Creating dashboards to monitor user activity and understand what flows we need to work on more. I think introducing Mixpanel from the very start is a very useful tip. The more you use it, the more useful it's going to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Growth
What do you like best?

The product changed a lot over the year and it became better at each release.

With Mixpanel I can easily analyse my data thanks to easy report builder and understand *why* my users are coming back and how to increase my retention. The group feature is also a game changer feature. In the B2B space, doing an analysis by user doesn't mean something. By being able to group by organization / entreprise, I really understand the global picture of my data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish to be able to leverage more my user data with automated segmentation like "k-means" analysis.

I'm also looking for the life cycle analysis (dormant user, active, resurrected user) that is currently not available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My main priority is to sell more "self-service" package. With Mixpanel, I learn where user stop in the funnel and what behavior I should push my user to have in order to get the value of my product and buy it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tracking data events in all the developing environment, and in-app notifications, as well as push notifications, are amazing feature creation of them is seamless. Getting to know the user properties also help us to set our target audience and hence giving more flexibility in our product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes delay in live view of data events, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would most likely recommend mixpanel especially as a data analytics tool since I am very much used to it and it solves most of the product requirement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We get to know our audience hence we provide suitable intent and iterate over and over by analyzing the data andproviding suitable results to out aaudience, push notification and in app notification as well helps to encourage users to join a new feature in our app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.