Square Appointments Reviews & Product Details

What is Square Appointments?

With Square’s appointment scheduling software, customers can always access your availability and book their appointment online. Easily keep your schedule open and attract new business—even when you’re done for the day.

Square Appointments Profile Details

Square Appointments Reviews

1-21 of 21 total Square Appointments reviews
Receptionist
Restaurants

"Square - Schedule appointments."

What do you like best?

Something I like very much about this application is that I can have a tool where I can schedule the appointments with all our clients very easy, just with a couple of clicks, I can schedule schedules, days, create alerts, personal notifications, send to our customers, all kinds of reminders about your appointments, if they wish, they can always see the schedule we have scheduled, and look at the open spaces we have to schedule their appointments without any difficulty, and when they call us to make a reservation and they have a bit more detailed information about what they really want to do, this avoids some time, employees and customers, in many ways

What do you dislike?

It may be a bit limited to edit some features, I would like this application to have more customization options, with which I could create my own way of working, and not do it specifically as this tool says, another thing I do not like is that It has hundreds of additional features, and I do not know how to use them, and on the internet, you do not find anything about it, there is a lot of documentation and information on the part of the owners of the application to guide their clients in a better use of this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very complete tool to schedule all types of appointments in any workplace, is a system that can automate this type of tasks anywhere, avoiding using obsolete methods of reservation.

With this application, we have solved different problems that we had in our restaurant, we can control the schedules of appointments or reservations previously scheduled in a better way, since we have in a virtual calendar within the application all the reservations that have been made, with specific details of each one of them, this avoids us having some inconveniences that we had previously, in some crossings of schedules, here it is almost impossible that this happens.

Owner, Master Esthetician, Makeup Artist, Laser Tech, Lash Tech
Cosmetics

"Definitely worth the money a dollar a day"

What do you like best?

I was hesitant at first thinking I would not be in control of my calendar. As soon as someone makes an appointment online you are notified and have a control whether to accept or decline the appointment. You could also add on no show cancellation policy protection.

which allows the client to put their credit card in which you do not see, and charge is it if they don't show up provided you have the policy clicked off and your terms clearly written.

What do you dislike?

It does not let you book more than one appointment in advance for the same client. For example I have clients with recurring appointments every few weeks. That wouldn't be a game-changer if they could enable that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't view it just as a credit card processing system. It's a client management system, a calendar in system, it tracks the taxes that you owe if you are retail seller oh, it will also track your employees hours commission Etc., as well as being a marketing product.

It allows me to be working on a client and make an appointment simultaneously.

(Myself Only)

"Square Appointments is like having an extra staff member"

What do you like best?

Hard to pick one thing I like best -- clients can see schedule and book online which reduces phone calls considerably; sends automatic confirmations and reminders that can be personalized for each client or use a standard message that's easy to change; open the booking in studio and all customer history and notes is right there; I can check my calendar and book appts from any computer or phone wherever I am; extremely easy to personalize at every level, from messaging to pricing to booking, etc. easy sync with website. Feels like I have a personal full time secretary!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to separate active clients from inactive in directory

As a one-person salon, I'm not able to answer the phone whenever it rings. Now clients can check availability, book online, change appointments, etc. without playing phone tag or text tag. This alone has reduced my personal phone time by at least 80 percent -- now I have the time to follow up with new or potential clients with questions. I can check my calendar, book appts, make notes from anywhere with any computer or phone. Confirmations and reminders are automated, I can coordinate email campaigns with my client list, the benefits are endless... I feel like I have a personal 24/7 secretary.

Yoga Professional
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like being able to schedule my clients' appointments right on the spot, not have to go home and keep things in a notebook and constantly erasing and re-writing things. I also like how it keeps my clients accountable by sending them notifications and reminders so I don't have to.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I can't keep track of packages and how many sessions a client has used. For example, if a client purchases a set of 8 private yoga lessons, I want to be able to see how many sessions she has left on any given day. I started leaving this in the notes section of each appointment, and quickly discovered that it was saving that note for all of my future appointments. For example, I would put "session 3/8" in one of the notes, and then it would save "session 3/8" for ALL of her appointments, making it very misleading and confusing and I have to go back and fix them. I think if there was a way to be able to track number of sessions this could be fixed.

Saving time scheduling and reminding my clients. Fewer last minute cancellations = more money.

"Square Appointments"

What do you like best?

I love the ease and convenience factors of using this for booking appointments!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to book two employees for one service (example: couples massage requires two therapists but does not allow for a required "two employees available" in order to book this session.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The peace of mind that comes with the ease & convenience of using this is fantastic! Definitely research it, but don't hesitate to jump and do it if you think it will work for you! I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients & employees regarding the ease of use!

I have much more availability & ease of use! I can schedule appointments when I'm not at the office & clients can schedule at their convenience! It tracks everything & makes it so much easier to communicate with clients, reduces the number of no-show clients & also sends confirmation messages to clients!

Caitlin LMT Owner
(Myself Only)

"It's Great both on my professional end and my clients in ease and accessibility "

What do you like best?

It's Great both on my professional end and my clients in ease and accessibility. I love that I can take payments right online and save them for future visits. I also love getting feedback from my clients after their services.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, just that I can't put a service in for 0 time which is needed for my add on services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great system thats very easy to use but also very customizable to your companies needs.

Allows clients to book online and I get to enforce my cancellation policy better. Being able to avoid big fees by purchasing gift cards, and instead being able to sell them right online.

student
Publishing

"Vital Tool for Local Small Business"

What do you like best?

Most people are now familiar with Square products, which is great, because our customers are very comfortable using the software and trust it. It's incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. Any problems have been quickly resolved by Square's customer service team, which I greatly appreciate.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problems with it, but I wish the updates were a bit more regular. That would be my only suggestion, and that's not even a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would 100% recommend Square Appointments. It is so easy to use, easier than Google Calendar. Also, since Square is widely used these days (at least in our area of New England) customers trust the product.

Square Appointments keeps up organized and on top of customer appointments and commitments. It has helped our business become more efficient and technology based. It also makes communicating with clients and team members easier.

CRM Administrator
Events Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Want to look official while booking clients? This is the tool for you."

What do you like best?

What I loved about Square Appointments was the ability to have an interface where my clients could book time for their photoshoots. It allows you to set up categories for your clients to choose from, and to even set your company hours. I was even able to create time-slots when I had specific days where I would do many shoots in one day. This service also allowed met to collect deposits upon booking, send text/email reminders to me & my client, and much more.

What do you dislike?

I could not get this to sync with my Google Calendar for the life of me. I am pretty tech savvy, but for some reason could not get this to work for me at all. I tried everything, and was one big pain point on why I no longer use the service. I update my google calendar like crazy, and need the sync to work properly. Instead, I could only rely on setting the company hours and then manually coming into this application to block off dates if I scheduled something in my personal life during work hours, which could allow clients to book when I wasn't actually available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Square Appointments is a great tool to use to book appointments, but only consider this if you're using for a business with one or more people. Since I am a one man show with my photography business, I couldn't get the calendar to completely sync with what I needed.

At the time of using this, I was able to provide a clean-cut way of having my clients book with me while looking professional. I was able to keep track of all scheduled appointments along with having an automated process that helped remind my clients of their appointment.

Community Administrator

"Easy and simple"

What do you like best?

It's so easy and simple to set up and navigate. It's no frills and not many graphics but it's a clean look and gets the job done. You can set up several employees and set appointments for several people. It works well.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty simple with a clean template which I loved but if you are looking for a program with more graphics or a better look, this isn't for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will enjoy the ease of use and the clean look of the program. You will enjoy the clients having the ability to schedule themselves. You will love the price.

It's an affordable tool for scheduling clients. It's a great tool for clients to be able to go online and schedule themselves. It allowed is to free up the receptionist from making all the appointments which made us more efficient.

"So easy and so nice!"

What do you like best?

It is so simple to see upcoming appointments, book appointments in custom time availability, easy access to all of the clients, etc. And I mainly only use it for the scheduling aspect but there are so many things you can handle and control all through this app/website. Seeing the notifications on the side and everything is so useful!!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that you can't edit someone's name while scheduling them, so that makes it more difficult if someone wants to change their info while I am on the phone scheduling them. I honestly love this scheduling system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need something easy, sleek and all in one, this is perfect for you!

This makes scheduling for someone else SO SIMPLE. There is blocked off times, easy controls, and it minimizes errors and almost gets rid of them!

Master Hair & Makeup Artist
Banking

"My Square Appointment s"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add all my clients in a separate contact list in the app to keep them separate from my contacts. I can add all the services and customize pretty much everything. They have online booking and it keeps all my client info organized.

What do you dislike?

The app does not not notify me with a client coming up. It’s is a little out of date looking in the app but that’s about it

Making appointments

Winery Team Member
Farming

"Square Appointments Scheduling program for winery"

What do you like best?

I like that you can connect this scheduling app through a website. Working at a winery it is very important to have online presence and super easy for people to set up tasting appointments through the easy website portal. It is also great to get prepayment for no shows.

What do you dislike?

The prepayment can also bite you, if you have a valuable customer that forgets one appointment, do you really want to charge them for a no show? Probably not. Other than that we haven't really come across any issues with this app. Its super helpful all around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is definitely a helpful tool for scheduling especially if you accept online appointments. It has helped with no shows, and also reduces the constant phone tag of scheduling and rescheduling. Overall it lowers the stress of managing a schedule for daily tastings at our tasting room.

It is great to sync with our calendars so they have up to date availability for tastings. It has really made the scheduling process much easier for us at a small winery.

Branding Manager

"An easy way to let your clients schedule meets ahead of time."

What do you like best?

I love that Square Appointments is free and easy access to allow my clients to book haircut any time they need to directly from our website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that i am not able to tailor square appointments to my niche.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are already using square as your payment processor, I would recommend using their scheduling system to get your business organized and micro manage your time.

With Square appointments i am able to track when my customers are making appointments and micro manage my own schedule to see how many hairs i can cut in a day

"Fast & Efficient"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up & integrate onto my website. I also love the ability to take payments as well as fudge my availability.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t too much that I don’t like about this software, I would like the ability to integrate with Apple calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have the ability to approve appointments prior to them being set, you can also fudge your availability in case you’re a 1 person operation.

The ability for clients not only to book an appointment but to pay any fee associated with it.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and to set up took less than an hour from start to finish

What do you dislike?

I wish customer service was a little better but over all its a good product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small business, and you need a easy way to schedule appointments Square is good

Its easy and convent, I also like that I am able to have straight fwd pricing and my customers can create a account and save their credit card info if they choose to do so

Tutor

"Square Appt Review"

What do you like best?

Its quite easy to set up appointments and view your daily calendar

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not prevent appointments from being made on specified off hours

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price you pay, it is a great value and gets everything done. Invoices are easily implemented with it as well.

We set up tutoring sessions for college students.

Event Coordinator
Individual & Family Services

"Great for staying on track"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very easy to use. I love using Square for my business and their appointment scheduler does not disappoint.

What do you dislike?

There is not a mobile site available for my smart phone which is unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for any small business owner who is already using square to accept payments.

Scheduling appointments with clients and vendors. Also being able to have customers schedule their appointments online.

"Helpful for small business"

What do you like best?

I used for my nanny job and was super helpful receiving payment immediately since I didn’t have a local bank to cash checks.

What do you dislike?

Finance charge/tax took out a lot from my pay and I did not feel right charging families more for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Isn’t exactly user friendly. Needed a lot of side help from other people I knew were using square

Ease of payment. Quick access of funds

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

It was easy to see the full calendar and link it to other calendars. Easily assessable to everyone using it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes information I tried to save didn’t fully save and I needed to renter things like card information

Using it to give clients access to making appointments on their own as opposed to having to call or for me to have to respond back and forth on email

Founder/Executive Assistant
Entertainment

"Square Appointments "

What do you like best?

The ability to schedule appointments, have clients pay for their services out of the appointment app, and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

That there is no android app available for download

Square prevents the client from overbooking...

GF

"Good. All Square Products Are Good."

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to use. It integrates well.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It's innocuous. It works well with other programs and apps.

It helps me manage meetings.

Square Appointments User Ratings

8.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Online Appointment Scheduling Category
Do you work for Square Appointments?