Droplr Reviews & Product Details

Droplr Overview

What is Droplr?

Droplr is effortless visual collaboration for everyone. While industry incumbents are mired in folder-based architecture, email attachments, FTP, or ad-hoc hacks, Droplr is changing the industry though its simple, secure platform: in one single step Droplr converts any file into a URL that can be sent via any communication platform. Droplr is focused on being deeply integrated into the tools that creative teams use. Graphic designers, UI/UX designers, developers, consultants, and others all run into walls. Some of these walls are: 1) File formats and compatibility across devices 2) Remote teams 3) Collaboration and Feedback is out of context 4) there is a lack of workflow integration 5) the file transfer process for visual assets is slow and clumsy. Droplr is a technology company based in Bend, Oregon. We founded the company in 2012 and are backed by an incredible group of investors and advisors. We spend all our time on two things: 1) Making the best tech products that we can imagine - products that are a joy to use, we strive to hear our customers to say “This is how it was meant to be” 2) Listening to our customers, we’re playing the long game and we believe that if we can help you send an important file, make a faster iteration, or just have one less headache during the day then together we’ve made the world a better place - so we invite you into a conversation with us! WHY DROPLR? It's 2016. Sending a visual asset or file from A to B shouldn't be hard. Droplr has 4 key areas of focus. Simplicity: transfer files in a single step. Security: password protect uploads, links auto-expire, end-to-end encryption. Ease of use: uploads convert to HTML5 to flow seamlessly between devices, no file-type roadblocks. Integration: native apps for Mac, Windows, and iOS integrate with the tools designers are already using for a perfect fit into the collaborative workflow.

Droplr Details
Discussions
Droplr Community

Droplr is a file-sharing tool for Mac and Windows users. Effortlessly share files, screenshots, and screencasts with friends, colleagues, and clients.

We value ourselves on being able to communicate with each other visually as screenshot and screencast continue to gain in popularity.

Droplr
2012
Bend, OR
@droplr

Droplr Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Droplr community
Have you used Droplr before?

Droplr Reviews

Showing 391 Droplr reviews
Already have Droplr?
Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

The most helpful feature about Droplr is that it is straightforward to sign up and get started. Plus, it also supports cross-platforms making it a mobile solution that can be accessed anywhere and anytime. Furthermore, it makes file sharing super easy, particularly with the Chrome extension; select the type of snapshot you need, label it, and copy the link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want to experience some additional customization features, particularly for shared assets landing pages. Changing the colour, positioning a logo, and using our domain name seems great while changing the layout would have been even better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save your time to write written tasks and descriptions with annotated screenshots, recordings and files through the Droplr cloud collaboration tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr has become my time-saving tool while collaborating with my remote team. Before, it took a lot of time to compose a written description. Now it's much more straightforward with Droplr to show someone than to clarify. Think just how valuable a video is if an image is worth a thousand words. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Solutions Developer
Environment Specialist
What do you like best?

I would like the option to share directly with Facebook or Twitter to come back. For me, I think it is a fundamental tool. Another option that I would really like to have returned is that I could modify the screenshots as it is sometimes taken the capture and I would like to modify it and there is no option now to modify it another big annoyance that I had is that the first days of using Droplr, when I was using the free trial, its technical support was lousy, they did not answer the messages and they ignored any questions, what if I can say is that all that improved when we bought the paid version but it should not be like this

The attention should be the same When you use the free version and the paid version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well it's not a very bad or problematic thing I just wish the dash was nicer and its better design more eye-catching colors should be updated on that type as they look very boring compared to others competitors They should also improve their mobile application since it has many problems and does not sync in a good way with the laptop application and that is sometimes tedious Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our company we use doplr to shorten the videos and send links. We use them to share screen recordings with our clients, so we provide them with an efficient and faster technical support, since we solve them immediately, we also teach them how to do them themselves and it is wonderful. large since the documents and files we share are protected by a secure link Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Arquitecto de software
What do you like best?

I have been using for teams version constantly for some time and I am happy with Droplr. What I like the most is the simplicity of its user interface to upload images. Also, it is very useful for me to have an application for Windows, so that you do not have to log in to the platform every time you want to share a screenshot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to be possible to resume loading screenshots when my connection fails or is lost as I have to reload them again and sometimes duplicates are uploaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Droplr is easy to use and affordable. It has very good customer service. It is really fast to load screenshot and efficient to collaborate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously we used the organization's chat to share screenshots, however, on many occasions the images were lost in the conversations and the storage space of the application was also insufficient, so with Droplr we can quickly share the screenshots, since we have it installed on our computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the things that have made us completely happy with droplr so far is that in relation to other software in the same field, it is very economical and fulfills its function and even better than others, the storage capacity is very good in all plans since it gives you enough capacity to store your content one of its functions that we liked is that we can control ourselves the expiration time of the content we are sharing since it is very useful for when we need to share an offer or a promotion for a very limited time or for few people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only problem that I have seen or experienced so far in droplr is that I would like that if I pay a very expensive subscription they would give me more options or benefits since most of their plans you get almost the same benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are currently using dropl to share content with all our students and university staff I was able to share most of the content, class content and informational content so that they could take full advantage of that knowledge we were also using it to share relevant information about students Among colleagues the truth was for us very wonderful and beneficial since we had the information in one place and we only had to send the links to the groups or people we wanted to have said information and each person was adding and downloading it at their own pace Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Drplr firstly for the File exchange between our employees and clients, of course, for personal use it is incredible with friends and other people, we can share videos, screenshots in addition, it is very easy to use.

The file saving is vital to avoid losing information or stolen by third parties, for that reason I like their tools through various filters and it shows security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some tools should be improved, since sometimes it makes us a little annoying to configure and customize. Our staff has suggested to us to share with you that a system to affiliate users would make Droplr be above many platforms. The opinion of both employees and customers is taken into account to improve our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Makes teamwork much easier and more harmonious, consolidates effective communication with clients. You can share files with a wide range of recipients and save them indefinitely, the best way to manage important documents and data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to use, our staff has done great with the statistics. Screenshots with annotations make communication between customers and new users effective. Drag and drop, the way in which our team facilitates your work.

I must indicate that the search for information is very simple, it has tools that manage and order the information in order to keep all our files safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Officer
What do you like best?

Droplr is a software that i like the best due to its affordable price. The starting price offered is 36$ per user which is the most reasonable i have seen anywhere. It also offers a free version which comes with limited features of course but works well. User can integrate Droplr to social media applications like facebook, twitter.The drag and drop option proved to be convenient and integrations were the best part about it. It saves a lot of time through its quick service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With Droplr there is currently no direct sharing option present which is annoying. It is presently quite slow as compared to its older version. There are many bugs present here and there which need to be fixed. It used to be available on iPad applications but not anymore so it will be convenient if they introduce it back on with its service. You cannot get connected to their team easily and even if you do it is useless as they do not provide any genuine solutions. These are some of the minor problems I faced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The interface is smooth and customization prove to be useful. It is easy to set up and I'm very satisfied. The document sharing is easy and reliable.It is accessible with mac, windows and iPhone devices.iPad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Principal Engineer
What do you like best?

It is quite inexpensive compared to others, the storage capacity is extremely good on all plans. Being able to control the expiration time is also very useful for sharing content that we want to be online for a short time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much difference between the plans, they all offer almost the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used to upload content for students. I was able to upload all the content of classes, study guides and exercise guides for my students from different courses, then I simply sent each group the download links that each one needed. It was very useful to be able to have all the content of various courses in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very good and simple tool designed to work perfectly, I like all its features and capabilities and especially its way of taking screenshots and videos, it makes everything very easy, in addition to being able to access it from any device, it is a great tool for Quickly take representations and verify them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it tends to be a little slow, and its way of copying videos is not well optimized, and the texts do not have a customizable format, I think it could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to capture and record videos and get good results and most of all save everything in the cloud and save money, I recommend you try Droplr is the perfect tool for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr is easy to use and the benefits are good and significant, communication between teams is increasing, we have managed to keep documents in one place with great order, we share any content, I really appreciate this great tool for all the work it has done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Consultant
What do you like best?

Droplr is my favorite the most secure system and easy tool in configuration and manipulation while it offers plenty simple features like Drag and Drop which simplifies the documents sharing processes.

The product can still perform like collaboration tool within the organization, very faster uploading files to the product and it has Audio recording ability.

Video captures and different short links, images among many more assets documents are easily transferred through the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no mail complains about Droplr usability. Even to those new on the platform its just as simple s drinking water to start using the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Droplr is the only easiest and functional and secure platform for the different documents migrations or sharing within the organization or with customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Links sharing.

Collaboration in the company.

Documents sharing to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Portfolio Manager Europe
What do you like best?

I love the ease of uploading a file and the page is very fast. I also like that I can place my public or private boards and thus be able to decide who sees or what each person is seeing at any moment. I think that is great. I need to install unnecessary programs on my laptop as well as it has made communication easier for all of us since right now we are working remotely and it makes it easier for all team members to be aware of what is happening in real time and also what is happening. doing each member in any project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of issues with Droplr but I would like it to be more customizable and could switch to colored backgrounds or more real custom designs if I had that would be perfection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Droplr to communicate among colleagues and also to post relevant and necessary information for everyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

it works. if you want to mark something up, you can use this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

3 major issues:

1. pricing. you buy Snagit one time and that's it. done. Monthly subscription models are just annoying micro drains on your bank account. I don't need to host the images on your server. That should be optional.

2. Droplr disabled my WINKEY shortcuts that come with Windows. like WINKEY+e no longer opened Windows Explorer. It took me a week to discover it was Droplr that did this. slowed me down horribly.

3. Can't find the local screen grab file. Some website forums don't allow links to non-local domains so you can't link to an image in another domain. So you have to create the image then upload the actual image. I looked everywhere for the local image so I could upload it and it's obscured so much I gave up.

Only after uninstalling Droplr did my WINKey short cuts return.

I wish this tool was cheaper than Snagit but worked similarly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

mark up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I like how much faster it is than some of the other products on the marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a more robust way to save files that perhaps do not upload such as a drop in connection. Though this is rare it does happen from time to time and i would like a way to be able to save locally as a back up or to integrate other apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is such an easy and amazing tool to help the flow of your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video screencasts and collaboration or notes on projects etc. This seems much faster to collaborate with my team members and has less crashes than some of the others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrepreneur in Residence
What do you like best?

I like the easy of use and the fact that the screenshots and recording go into the cloud, generous limits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would improve the functionality to be able to create videos similar to loom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider looking at droplr instead of cloudapp Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team coordination, gif and video creation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Screenshot sharing a very easy way to share. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The old mobile app was better. The current one only let’s you upload files. The previous one let you do everything that you are able to do in the browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial or the free version to check if it can be useful for me it has been. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Miscommunication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff marketing
What do you like best?

Simple work process: you press an alternate route, select a region on the screen and get a connection in your clipboard. Or on the other hand, on the off chance that you need, you press another alternate route and draw additional information on your screen capture. Likewise, I cherish the screencast include, I am utilizing it constantly. It's a magnificent instrument for rapidly taking depictions and checking them up, instead of taking a SS, bringing in to Photoshop, and managing layers. Some of the time productivity is critical - and Droplr makes this procedure much smoother. Likewise, the way that it can keep your documents in it's distributed storage opens up HD space on my PC. Or on the other hand more explicitly, more mess that you don't need to junk later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new form of Droplr is a considerable amount more slow when looking in the web application. The old form used to enables direct sharing to Twitter and other interpersonal organizations. There is no sharing alternative at this point. Maybe that usefulness will be included later. Drops in free form are naturally erased following 30 days. Inheritance clients/early adopters aren't qualified for a free professional preliminary of the new form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr enables me to take a screen capture, change to Google Docs, and after that simplified straightforwardly from the application's toolbar menu. This simplified usefulness works in Gmail, too, which is additionally helpful and allows me to save time. Droplr also simplify me the differents tasks that I have programmed in the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I like the cloud storage, the ability to create a area (boards) showcasing my brand for each client to upload and download files. It keeps things more organized than sending emails back and forth with files attached. There are many other tools that droplr provides like recording the screen as a gif that is pretty handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screen capturing functions gives me issues from time to time. It doesn't bother me too much because I find other tools more convenient for this. However, if I was trying to use droplr specifically for this I may get frustrated more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Droplr can do a better job of keeping customers informed of updates etc. but it has come in handy for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr has helped me streamline the process of sharing files with clients and still promoting my brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programador
What do you like best?

Proceso de trabajo simple: presiona una ruta alternativa, selecciona una región en la pantalla y obtiene una conexión en su portapapeles. O, por otro lado, en el caso de que lo necesite, presione otra ruta alternativa y extraiga información adicional sobre su captura de pantalla. Del mismo modo, aprecio el screencast incluido, lo estoy utilizando constantemente. Es un instrumento magnífico para tomar rápidamente representaciones y verificarlas, en lugar de tomar un SS, traerlo a Photoshop y administrar capas. Parte del tiempo la productividad es crítica, y Droplr hace que este procedimiento sea mucho más sencillo. Del mismo modo, la forma en que puede mantener sus documentos en su almacenamiento distribuido abre espacio HD en mi PC. O, por otro lado, más explícitamente, más desorden que no necesita desechar más tarde. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

La nueva forma de Droplr es mucho más lenta cuando se busca en la aplicación web. La forma anterior solía permitir el intercambio directo a Twitter y otras organizaciones interpersonales. No hay alternativa para compartir en este momento. Tal vez esa utilidad se incluirá más adelante. Las gotas en forma libre se borran naturalmente después de 30 días. Los clientes de herencia / primeros usuarios no están calificados para un preliminar profesional gratuito de la nueva forma. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer
What do you like best?

It is a simple application that does what it is supposed to do: take screenshots and make them easily accessible through the web. The integrated screen recording works very well, including recording audio with it. The workflow is very simple: press a shortcut, select an area on the screen and get a link in your clipboard. Or, if you wish, press another shortcut and draw additional information in your screenshot. Also, I love the screencast function, use it all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The annotation editor continues to fail many times. Recording screencasts / GIFs can be clumsy. An option to have video with audio removed would be useful. It would be really useful to easily create "collections" of images / videos on a page that could be shared with a link. The search / categorization in the application could be improved, it is difficult to find things many times. Droplr is not compatible with Linux operating systems, so it restricts me to using Droplr only on Windows and MAC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be deleted from your servers after an allotted time. Both at work and in the game, many times I will have to share something as an almost temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot". It is not something that should be maintained forever. There is no need to save it, but you can do it, by default it will disappear soon enough. There are no bulky servers to be cleaned periodically to purge files intended to be shared, reviewed and discarded. Saves a lot of time in writing explanations. Much easier to show someone than to explain it. If a picture is worth a thousand words, just think how valuable a video is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr has become part of my normal workflow. I share photos and files regularly and, best of all, I can trust it. The file sizes can be huge. This is a blessing for me, as it comes with a video player. I can send screenshots to people to get comments on different graphics that I created. I love how when you take a screenshot, it automatically creates a link for it and copies it to your clipboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Soporte Técnico
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Droplr, it is designed so that it can be used by both beginners and advanced users. I like that it has the capacity to take captures and videos, besides that it is very easy to share them by email. It is also excellent that it can be accessed from any device. The best thing is that clients can make their annotations through the URL provided by the application of the screenshot or uploaded video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have inconveniences to access the video links, however, I think it's because the videos are large. I have also had problems connecting to the website, due to the great workload that has occurred lately since its inception. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this tool to companies that need to capture and take videos, in addition to obtaining storage in the cloud. I think you would be paying two services for the price of one, saving significantly costs. An easy to use and reliable program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr allows us to send screenshots and videos to clients and members of the organization, where they can make comments and annotations, thus allowing an effective communication. It also allows us to store affiliation certificates and work histories. It is a great option that offers two services for the price of one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that this application is so easy to use, I can share files without problems, in a very fast way, I do not have to wait that long, it is also flexible and compatible with both Windows and Mac.

At work, it has helped to explain applications in a different way, as well as allowing us to have better communication. I like that it is so complete it stores files and share them in a very safe way.

My favorite feature of Droplr is the option it offers to decide who will access or not access the files, because this gives me the peace of mind that only trusted people enter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Definitely this platform is not only good for sharing files, but we also discovered many other excellent functions that it has and finding something negative is difficult for me, only one detail I could observe and I would like it to improve, is that the search option is modified to find a file much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool was very blessed for the company, it helped us in the workplace, data files and also in the administrative department, also has a very useful, efficient mobile application as well as the web version. I am satisfied with the advances you have provided to the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Droplr has allowed my work team to have better communication and be much more effective than before, because this program gives us the facility to record the desktop and share it in minutes, screen capture, which has become the favorite way to clarify doubts and situations.

Another quality that has benefited me is the security provided by this program, there are no problems of information theft, it allows us to protect files with passwords, our computers are no longer vulnerable to attacks by intruders, or viruses, which saves us money, uncomfortable moments and administrative delay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder / Interactive Project Director
What do you like best?

I love that this app is so simple to use. It is VERY intuitive and sensible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only beef is that it opens a new browser window every time you use it (regardless of if you have a window already open). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of the nice features of this tool is the self-destruct setting. This keeps me from having a bloated cloud storage system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it on a daily basis, multiple times a day to share screenshots with clients, contractors, employees, support staff...heck, everybody! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.