dotloop Reviews & Product Details

dotloop Overview

What is dotloop?

Dotloop is the leading online transaction and productivity optimization platform in real estate. Dotloop reduces complexity by replacing separate form creation, e-sign, and transaction management systems with a single end-to-end solution and drives growth by helping real estate professionals streamline their businesses with workflow automation and real-time visibility into transactions. Each year, millions of agents, brokers, and clients trust dotloop to get deals done. www.dotloop.com

dotloop Details

dotloop provides online software that handles real estate transactions from offer to close, including free unlimited electronic signatures, pdf storage, 3rd party sharing and task manager.

Limited connectivity is one of the reasons brokerages are looking beyond point solutions for managing the transaction process. The inefficiency of stringing together multiple point solutions, not to mention maintaining them, simply isn't worth the commitment.

In response to negative brokerage reactions to inefficiency, some developers of point solutions have recently added more functionality to their products. But currently, only one company is offering brokers a true comprehensive platform to manage the transaction from beginning to end.

Zillow

dotloop Reviews

Showing 135 dotloop reviews
Already have dotloop?
UR
What do you like best?

No matter how many places you store your files, this is the ONE place you know you will always have all the docs stored for every transaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't recall any down side... just takes a little time to learn it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps with good organization. AND... every document for my transactions are all in ONE place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

realtor
What do you like best?

Never had a client say they had trouble navigating, signing or initialing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see them incorporate a CRM into the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have docs that need to be reviewed, initialed and signed by several parties and worry that some of those parties are not tech savvy or are concerned about "using" the app, don't be. I've had clients who have no idea how it works easily complete the forms. Dotloop guides the user through the fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Docs are always up to date. Easily control permissions. All docs are easily navigable in folders. Can resend from phone app. Big time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It does the job! It's a different interface compared to competitors (such as DocuSign). Saves the history of all the documents that were signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not save your work as you review the document. This can be a pain when the document is 20-30+ pages long. I need to review my documents several times before I am comfortable signing it.

I don't think you can add notes/stickies to the document as you review it, which is a bummer as I cannot make/modified changes. However, it may be based on your status (owner or signer of the document) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making signing document or paperwork easier across all teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transaction Coordinator
What do you like best?

Dotloop makes streamlining the real estate process easy and simple. Since you can organize folders and files all in one place there's less of a chance of things falling through the cracks. My favorite part of this program has to be the task list and Google Calendar integration. Keeping me on top of my personal processes lets me serve my clients the best I can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the program is that there is no way to merge loops together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer classes through Dotloop, I definitely encourage people to watch them. Let them teach you! Even if you've been using the program for a while, you can always learn something new! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes the real estate process seem simple. By having your checklist and documents all in one place it's easy to oversee everything at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor®
Information Services
What do you like best?

Easy to use. Pretty straightforward, and they have integrations with many different platforms, like Boomtown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest beef, and why I share it, is that they have an auto-renew ANNUAL policy for Dotloop teams. As a real estate agent, we're all accustomed to reading agreements. I am at fault for not reading the terms in detail. But, any auto-renew for an ANNUAL period is really something someone should explicitly call out. Otherwise, it feels sneaky. As an agent, I always review contract terms that might be controversial in detail. This was not the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Here's the issue. I switched brokerages and my new brokerage covers dotloop at no cost to me. I notified Dotloop on November 4 of my need to drop my team account. My mistake for not understanding the contract, but I was informed that they had just auto-renewed for 1 year on Oct 31. They agreed to split the 1 year with me. I feel like me 6 days of use of the "teams" platform isn't worth $600. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I loved using this when closing on a home. My realtor would just send the forms to be signed and I could do them immediately from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about this product. It is extremely user friendly and straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dotloop is a no-brainer when deciding on paperless documentation for real estate transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is hard to find the time to get together with your realtor when working through the process of both buying and selling a home and dotloop solves this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buyer Specialist
What do you like best?

I love how easy Dotloop is to use. I am a realtor and use it to create offers and store all paperwork from the beginning to end of the process. It is simple to add contacts and signatures to documents and my clients love how easy it is to e-sign from any device. One of my favorite features is that you can organize all documents in one PDF documents in one click! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the archive system. I wish there was a "delete" area or "trash" bin when there are documents that may have been uploaded by mistake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm making transactions much easier for myself and my clients. They can e-sign from anywhere and Dotloop is very user friendly. Tech savvy people as well as non tech savvy people really enjoy using the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to use on the viewers/signers end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, it was logging in. For some reason, my credentials never stayed (could be my IT settings). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very nice program to quickly have documents viewed and signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was very efficient on being able to look at and sign documents quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Project Specialist
What do you like best?

From my professional experience, Dotloop has been very user friendly and flexible in terms of fitting our business needs. From a consumer's end, Dotloop has provided a seamless experience thus allowing our agents to close deals faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From my professional experience, Dotloop could improve on their document and template tools to allow more flexibility for our agents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lean on their Premium Support team, they can help you resolve issues quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently with Dotloop we are working to integrate our Trusted Service Providers to make them more accessible for our agents. Dotloop has provided to be a huge benefit for our company allow our agents to close deals faster and from the comfort of their home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It is just like the other products, with nothing new Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Privacy is terrible. Since Zillow purchased the company, pending sales showed up with the accepted price on Zillow, and properties were marked sold on Zillow when the banks were closed and the transaction did not close. In my opinion, the focus since the acquisition seems to be a lead generation site for Zillow to take information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Authentisign or docusign Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting signed documents via the internet. I have not seen any benefits over above other products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
What do you like best?

Very easy to upload and edit forms. One edited you give your client instant access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything about it. Software is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COVID19 has made in person transactions risky so DotLoop is a perfect solution to remote transactions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
What do you like best?

How the brokerage can set up document groups by transaction type, so the agent gets only the documents they need for that transaction type. This feature allows agents to concentrate on completing the documents and adding the other information such as the people involved in the transaction instead of worrying about if they've downloaded all of the appropriate documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to allow two people to use the same email address; many of our older population do not have an email address and those that do only have one. There must be a way to make it so two people who share an email address can identify themselves and e-sign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the training and tutorials provided in addition to your broker's training, it's really valuable information and will save you time in the long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization, follow up, compliance. This tool allows real estate agents to see their entire book of business easily, see the status of each transaction and the individual documents needed or waiting on others in each file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

property manager
What do you like best?

The link of dotloop with the working community of the department of real estate is excellent, the program I use and generate a good flow in each audit trail that I do and I have facility to do each electronic signature and I can also administer all the tasks documents and some reports that should be made and improved based on the work area, this program is easy to use and when editing, sharing and storing the data saves me money and work with good final results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dotloop is a good system of work but for me this program has a high price that would be excellent to improve it, however, I am using it and we are starting the deployment recently since I liked the result I have using it and I like its security and cloud systems that are modern and also improve my work by being able to connect everywhere quickly and safely Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can not give my best recommendation to the program because its value is bad because the cost is high, however, the service and tools are excellent, it is a very good program that always allows to have the best result of work, if the companies are willing to pay their high cost because they can have what they are looking for without doubt because this program is one of the best of today Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With dotloop I manage each document and I can make electronic signatures with it, its high security generates good service and at all times I can access my account and data even from other devices, we have not changed the program because when using it we have many advantages but I do not I like the price and I'm starting the search for other opportunities with better value in the market Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love how the agent working with the buyer for my seller is able to ADD documents to my loop for my sellers to sign. I had no idea that was possible, and was happy to find out it’s a possibility.

I enjoy the fact that I can completely edit everything I upload, from adding signature boxes to strikethroughs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way two parties could sign a document by being sent to one of the parties email, instead of both. It really confused my elderly sellers as to why I needed to send them each a copy to sign electronically. Their concern was that they were signing separate documents, so I had to deliver some things in person to sign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, there are so many different features you need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dotloop has been extremely convenient. I’m able to add people to my loop, send documents to anyone via email, and I’m able to edit all documents I (or someone else) adds to the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Dotloop works great our agents love it! Most of the time it works without any issues but we do sometimes have some glitches but most of the time they are thing our agents have done wrong not Dotloop.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do not have may issues with Dotloop most of the time its just when added agents to Dotloop 40% of the time they are on the bounce list and did not receive the welcome email which makes the process longer than it needs to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agents email being switched is a huge process and it is much harder than it needs to be. It takes 45 plus minutes if the agent is not with you. They do have an amazing support team and they are always willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Dotloop, in my opinion, is easy to use, simple, and has a clean interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing for people who are not comfortable with computers. We have many older agents in our office that won't learn it because it intimidates them. I don't think Dotloop can do much to help that though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great cloud system to keep documents organized and signatures in order. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dotloop allows our real estate agents to be completely paperless. It also allows us as administration to review and organize documents easily. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had to keep actual papers in order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Dotloop allows multiple parties to sign the same document with ease with monitoring to see the signing progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's easy to learn and efficient between parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple party signatures on documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Opening a new brokerage, we tried to find a system for organizing documents. We liked that dotloop was user-friendly, had capabilities for team use, and kept our team accountable for documents needed to close our trades. We used it for over a year, only stopping because we closed the brokerage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall to dotloop was that sometimes our clients didn't have separate emails to sign with (shared family email address) so we would have to help them create a new email address at our appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to go paperless as a real estate team or brokerage, or looking for a way to organize documents as a team, this is a great program! Met our needs, and the only reason we cancelled was because we shut down our brokerage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to keep track of our team member's documents, and it was very easy to sign online, and keep clients updated with their real estate purchase & sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource Teacher
What do you like best?

It is fast and eady to navigate and you don't need to be all that technolgically saavy to be able to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike at the moment. This is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is so easy to use, you'll love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can have people sign documents that are miles away from me. No unnecessary trips. I love how signatures are done electronically and everyone gets a copy immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
What do you like best?

Everything has been a total change. dotloop radically changed our way of facing the challenge with real estate. The owners of the properties hire us to take control of their most precious assets, such as houses, apartments, buildings among others. In the time we have dedicated to the service we have realized that it takes more than an address and a phone number to achieve success, you need a good ally to run the business well and have the best image to the clients and that's what we achieved thanks to dotloop. We must be very organized and work systematically to be able to generate and qualify all the offers that are presented to us. Because it is necessary to handle as much information as possible about each property in order to have the maximum rewards, dotloop makes all activities easier. With dotloop we were able to dedicate more time to interact with our customers, and thanks to the fact that it is a platform in the cloud, it has favored and facilitated all online processes with customers, vendors, intermediaries and potential buyers, including in the comfort of the mobiles. We handle rentals and contracts, follow contracts to expire, debts, prices, lease laws, and we can report even via online or through mobile, to the owner of each property, about the status of your property. An additional and indisputable benefit when using dotloop and that planet Earth will appreciate it, is that we help to conserve the environment, since the dependence of working on paper or ink expenses was reduced by almost 100%.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adapting to change is a bit exhausting, especially if there are many transactions to be made, but once the positive is visualized, nobody wants to do without using dotloop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Continue with the use of videos and tutorials that teach and facilitate the use of the platform, since it really helps to solve the many problems of existing as goods and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The financial management of real estate that can be shared with customers and in real time, giving more security through the use of electronic signature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

In comparison to similar products, the affordability was better. I also like that I am able to easily access the platform on my Smartphone when I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to manually upload forms not accessible through my Realtor Board and pre-fill in necessary fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time in getting necessary documents to and signed/initialed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ceo
What do you like best?

Listen this platform is one of the best around you can add documents and sign them all in this platform from real estate contracts and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say 1 it is 1 of the best for doing documents and signing and great for real estate agents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For agents in the real estate field a plus anyone can also use it as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of getting contracts signed in a timely manner have everyone all in the same application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
What do you like best?

I love the fact that its customizable and pathos can be created and fields can be made to automatically generate and populate to your specifications. It keeps you organized and helps to maintain the standard of the company. Accuracy is definitely improved with using this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain elements can be testy. There are things that dont work they way they should at times, but once you learn to correct the issue, it's back to easy use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem or being organized and ensuring accuracy when processing paperwork. The forms needed for a particular transaction are preloaded and everything can be set to be submitted to someone for review. Quality control! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Everything is on one place - docs, signing, broker review/approval, compliance and storage. The ability to see all of the transactions in any phase at a glance makes managing agents much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that I would like to change, first of which would be the checklist for reviewing documents, it is a little wonky and submitting an entire folder at once is a bit cumbersome (we even have some required docs that we have to make optional to submit as a work-around for this) and can make it difficult to keep things clean, we don't want each file in a separate folder, and we want to encourage agents to submit things for review as quickly as possible, so the balance is tough to strike. Allowing individual docs to be submitted would make more sense in the real world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check with your local association to make sure you can use it. Be prepared to find an internal champion who is willing and able to drive the change and train the staff and agents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We replaced a 3 product system of transaction flow, one to get docs, one to sign and another for broker review and compliance. This system was used because our association provided one of those pieces with their dues. Even with that Dot Loop is more economical, gives us a streamlined process and saves broker and agent time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for dotloop?