dotloop Reviews & Product Details

What is dotloop?

Dotloop is the leading online transaction and productivity optimization platform in real estate. Dotloop reduces complexity by replacing separate form creation, e-sign, and transaction management systems with a single end-to-end solution and drives growth by helping real estate professionals streamline their businesses with workflow automation and real-time visibility into transactions. Each year, millions of agents, brokers, and clients trust dotloop to get deals done. www.dotloop.com

dotloop Screenshots

dotloop Reviews

1-50 of 106 total dotloop reviews
Real Estate Agent

"Great Wherever You Are"

What do you like best?

I love being able to have the app on my computer and phone. When I'm traveling and need signatures quick, it's very easy to use this program. I appreciate being able to have a client sign a document while we're at a showing and not having to wait until later.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the fact that you cannot autofill from a mobile device. Sometimes I have to go to the desktop version just to autofill information that I should be able to do on both devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you go through the demo process and take any training that is available to you to learn tricks that make life a little bit easier with the program.

This program helps me to get signatures quickly and efficiently while also maintaining a security feature. This program verifies the signature so you know that everybody who is supposed to sign has signed. It's also very nice to be able to write an offer when I'm not at my desk and share it with other Realtors and clients.

Realtor - Associate Broker
Real Estate

"Dotloop has made crunch time so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy it is to send documents to clients for their review and signature, especially when timelines are short. Additionally, the Activity Log is wonderful since I am able to see when others have accessed the documents. That has saved me a great deal of time by not having to follow up with others unnecessarily.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot store photos in Dotloop files. i.e. invoices sent as an image via text, signed documents sent as an image via text, communications such as text and email, etc. Lastly, I've had many clients complain or voice confusion about a pop-up that holds them hostage asking them if they want to create an account after signing. I am told it causes confusion on whether they have completed everything or not. (I would not want it to happen before signature because that would cause delay since a lot of clients do not want to create an account.) I'd like to see this be more end-user friendly and less confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! I've talked with other Realtors who don't understand it and are intimated by it. I guarantee that once a little time is devoted to the learning curve, you are going to find it very useful to your business and customer satisfaction.

1) Speed: Dotloop has greatly reduced the time it takes to get signatures. 2) Proof of receipt: Dotloop has solved the constant follow up and unknown by allowing me to see when someone has accessed a document. 3) Filing System and Organization: Dotloops has allowed me to transition to a mostly paperless environment while keeping everything perfectly organized.

"Solid transaction management"

What do you like best?

Everything is on one place - docs, signing, broker review/approval, compliance and storage. The ability to see all of the transactions in any phase at a glance makes managing agents much easier.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that I would like to change, first of which would be the checklist for reviewing documents, it is a little wonky and submitting an entire folder at once is a bit cumbersome (we even have some required docs that we have to make optional to submit as a work-around for this) and can make it difficult to keep things clean, we don't want each file in a separate folder, and we want to encourage agents to submit things for review as quickly as possible, so the balance is tough to strike. Allowing individual docs to be submitted would make more sense in the real world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check with your local association to make sure you can use it. Be prepared to find an internal champion who is willing and able to drive the change and train the staff and agents.

We replaced a 3 product system of transaction flow, one to get docs, one to sign and another for broker review and compliance. This system was used because our association provided one of those pieces with their dues. Even with that Dot Loop is more economical, gives us a streamlined process and saves broker and agent time.

Realtor

"Very Realiable and Thorough"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that its customizable and pathos can be created and fields can be made to automatically generate and populate to your specifications. It keeps you organized and helps to maintain the standard of the company. Accuracy is definitely improved with using this software.

What do you dislike?

Certain elements can be testy. There are things that dont work they way they should at times, but once you learn to correct the issue, it's back to easy use.

Solving the problem or being organized and ensuring accuracy when processing paperwork. The forms needed for a particular transaction are preloaded and everything can be set to be submitted to someone for review. Quality control!

"Not Bad, But Cumbersome Compared to Similar Products"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage a real estate transaction and store documents all in one place, including obtaining digital signatures from clients as needed on contracts and forms. It's also nice that you can add others by email address and assign them a role. As an organizational tool, it's not bad, it's the digital signing process that was the biggest turn off for me.

What do you dislike?

The digital signing portion of this program is very cumbersome on both my end and the clients end compared to programs like DocuSign, which is the product the real estate team I work for has switched to for obtaining e-signatures. Also, the biggest problem I have is any document that has been digitally signed gives great difficulties when you try to print it. The first page will print just fine, but the remaining pages print incorrectly unless you send them one page at a time to the printer, which can be very time consuming with a large contract or document packet!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product works, but we've found there are better ones out there.

I still use dotloop when agents on the other side of a real estate transaction want to use it for document management, especially if that's the only tool that agent seems comfortable with. But, I found there were other programs I can use that are easier to use for both me and my clients for both managing a real estate transaction and for e-signatures, so when it's my choice, I don't use dotloop much anymore.

Brand Manage & Licensed Transaction Coordinator

"One-size-fits-all Solution for Transaction Management"

What do you like best?

What I like best about dotloop is the ability to easily organize and manage all transactions in one place.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike is that if a couple only has one e-mail address, you cannot send signature requests to two separate people using the same e-mail address.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a transaction management program, don't hesitate, sign up.

We are solving many business problems with dotloop. A few that we are solving is that we are able to organize and manage all transactions in one place, we are able to communicate amongst our team and with our clients, and we are able to get client's electronic signatures.

Broker/Owner
Real Estate

"Overdeveloped, Missing Simple Key Features"

What do you like best?

If it worked, you could keep your docs, signing and transactions in once place. Pretty interface and helpful tech for filling documents and allowing 3rd party users to fill documents.

What do you dislike?

Non-intuitive. Things that should be simple and take ten minutes are very convoluted and take hours. The signing process is puzzling and Dotloop expects non-users to somehow know what to expect from its software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can find a better solution in today's market place. When you factor in the price and the need for additional software for CRM and Accounting functionality, the value of Dotloop is heavily diminished. Especially after going through several weeks of painfully trying to integrate the software into my brokerage.

Transaction Management & Signing. Unfortunately, few benefits so far aside from having live docs that can be autofilled fairly easily. The signing process is abhorent.

Transaction Coordinator
(10,001+ employees)

"An Amazing Transaction Management Service"

What do you like best?

Dotloop is an incredibly effective way to manage a real estate transaction from start to finish. From the beginning of a transaction, we are able to upload all necessary documents, pre-filled in, and setup signatures incredibly easily and efficiently. After the initial documents are complete, dotloop makes it easy to add or change documents and collect any signatures moving forward. It also is the perfect place to store all documentation for every transaction that our company executes. On top of everything listed above, we are also able to submit the transactions for final review/audit, and get them closed out and paid out in an efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I dislike about dotloop.

Dotloop allows us to fully manage a real estate transaction from start to finish all in one place. From drafting documents, to collecting signatures, to auditing a final file, everything can be done in one place.

Real Estate Assistant
Real Estate

"Top njotch software for real estate agents"

What do you like best?

I really like the concept of loops within the software. It makes it easy to organize and manage multiple real estate transactions at the same time. Additinally, the ability to fill and sign within the software really helps us to save time and money.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is sometimes the fields the signer has to complete aren't very easily visible. For example, the date field always gets skipped over by my clients. The software doesn't highlight these fields, so if they neglect to fill them out, I have to search through the document to find them and notify the client. This can become tedious both for myself and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is a definite must for real estate agents and their assistants. It makes life so much easier, and enables us to have access to digital copies of all our important paperwork from anywhere with internet access.

Prior to using digital signature software, we had to get every signature by hand or ship off documents and pay for overnight deliveries. Now we can get signatures from our clients around the globe. The biggest benefit is the time savings that Dotloop afford us. Time is money!

"Very organized program"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using dotloop! It keeps all your files organized by the address of the listing its for so you never mix up your forms. I find it very easy to add new forms and share with clients. I've never had an issue on my end but I have had clients have issues Where they weren't allowed to fill in random lines or had issues signing in. However that could have been user error and not so much a dotloop issue. Overall I love it and am so happy my office has it!

What do you dislike?

A few of my clients had issues logging so I'm not sure if it might be a little Confusing on their end. They also would occasionally have random areas of forms that dotloop would not allow them to fill out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

No more mixing up files and forms! Because dot loop organizes by address, we can make sure everything is where it should be. Plus the option to make pre-made templates with all the forms for certain transaction types makes life a breeze.

Commercial/Residential Broker
Real Estate

"Easy to use and learn. "

What do you like best?

Having predefined templates allows you to easily create a new loop with the document you will need for a particular type of transaction. It is also flexible in that it allows you to upload PDFs and drag them on top of its respective dotLoop document (and replace the existing doc) if you're working with a mix of external and dotLoop documents.

What do you dislike?

The main problem that I've run into is that it requires all clients to have their own email addresses in order to allow them to e-sign documents. I have older clients who share an email which does not work for dotLoop. The other issue I've run into is with other agents not wanting to use any other system than what they normally use and are comfortable with. I recently had a listing agent ask that I not use dotLoop and that I recreate all my documents in CTMe which we are trying to move away from.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be aware of the limitations going in...particularly that everyone who uses the system needs to have their own unique email address. It's not a problem for most people, but a lot of older people share a single email address. There are work arounds for this situation, but some of them involve going all the way backwards to physically signing, scanning and uploading the executed documents which is exactly what we're all trying to get away from.

Streamlining the transaction filing requirements of our state real estate commission with an integrated e-signature contracts system. In the past, this has been a multiple step process that we have to hound our agents to comply with. The promise of dotLoop is that once the contracts are created and e-signed, the file is complete and can be submitted for review and approval and they're done.

"Bad interface"

What do you like best?

I like that dotloop has all of my forms ready to go where I can just fill in the blanks.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. I hate how you cant actually delete a transaction once you're done with it. I hate that dotloop sells client information. I hate how you have to create an account to even access a dotloop document. I hate how when you try to forward a document saved from dotloop on a phone, instead of sending as a pdf, it sends a link, which the client can then not open.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it. Stick with a different program.

None. Dotloop has actually complicated things more. I will stick with my TN Realtors transaction desk and Skyslope instead.

"Don't sign up before checking with state and local associations"

What do you like best?

I would not recommend this product. They sold me a useless product.

What do you dislike?

Don't expect them to do the right thing. Was not told in advance that they didn't have connections with our state and local forms which will now cost additional money. When I asked to get out of my contract because of the additional fees and all the time it was going to take, they refused. That tells me that all they care about is the money. That's just not how we do business!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check with state and local associations to see if it is even compatible first because they won't tell you that upfront.

None

"Dotloop for Teams"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, instant turnaround times (whenever possible), and excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Changing users while in a loop is cumbersome. As a team user, I may be in a loop for a buyer's agent and want to view the loop from my own profile. When I switch to my profile, I'm kicked out of that loop and have to search for it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dotloop has a ton of training available as well as excellent telephone customer service with reasonable business hours. It's a huge time saver.

I recommend the team feature because when you are ad admin for several agents, you need to be able to bounce around quickly rather than using multiple browsers or other workarounds.

Absolute time saver.

"Great system for keeping files organized!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Allows us to fully house all our client files, making sure we don't lose anything.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to have 2 signers on 1 email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great system to house all your files so that you have them in the future and don't have to have paper files. Also, you are able to see signature trails etc.

Using less paper, making sure files are complete. Great way to have all historical documentation saved (and not lost).

UR

"It's a fast easy way to get electronic signatures."

What do you like best?

You can keep all documents together and keep everyone in the loop up to date of what is needed and what is done. Fast easy way to get electronic signatures.

What do you dislike?

I wish you can save the content that is in your emails in the loop like a similar product called Appfiles. Maybe also be able to create a checklist for each folder and be able to check off what is completed and be able to see what is still needed. Also I notice that the loops will have different colors, not sure what they mean?!?! But if the loop can have a different color to show an active loop, closed looped, dead file, that would be great! We can choose what color represents what.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its easy to use.

Keep all the documents together in one storage place. Being able to get electronic signatures and sending messages through the loop with the admin.

REALTOR
Real Estate

"Quick and easy to get docs signed"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to send you documents off to your clients and be able to get signatures on the documents in a very QUICK time. You are able to track many LOOPS all at one time and the design of the front page makes it very easy to track your loops, status of the current loop and also easy to find which loops need attention or have updates to them. When a loop needs attention or the status changes you get notified and are able to see what was changed or needs to be addressed. Its a great tool to use.

What do you dislike?

When adding the signatures I wish there was a way that you could select the client and then be able to add multiple signatures of the person. The hard part is assigning the person each time and then having to go back and add the next person. I also wish they would allow us to send the emails out in order so you could send it to your clients then once it comes back from both of those it would send out to the next person, and you could send them in an order instead of having to go back in to then share the doc with the other real estate agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great system to use if you need signatures or initials.

loops have disappeared before or have had issues with finding our loops.

Mortgage Loan Originator
Financial Services

"Dotloop Review"

What do you like best?

I like how in can incorporate with other systems for example the Keller Williams System

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to figure out how to navigate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To the time ti figure out how to navigate using the training. If you company offer training take advantage of it and it will make the process very simple.

I like how its easy to use. You can just fill in the blanks keep it moving and add everyone who needs to be added in order to use the system.

"How can you not?"

What do you like best?

This is the ONLY way to do business. My first experience with Dotloop was when I sold my home. My agent kept sending me documents to sign as I was driving to my next home. Could have accomplished what we did with Dotloop. Now as an agent, Dotloop makes every transaction a snap. I was out for dinner, and my client wanted to make an offer. Within 20 minutes, I wrote the offer, submitted it and got it accepted before desert.

What do you dislike?

Not always user friendly, but tech support is top notch!!

Dotloop really shows it's strength when my client and I are in different locations and can't review documents in person. Now, I just create a loop, add the documents with signature fields and hit share.

Mission accomplished.

Licensed Realtor
Retail

"User friendly and professionl"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and simple for my clients to understand. Layout is simple and clean which keeps distractions to a minimum. With the premium feature that I use their are no ads or third party input which I appreciate. I also like that so many of us can work on the same document at the same time. I, as the realtor, have access, I can send it so my clients, I can have the title company receive their copy, our lawyer can review the document and I can also send it to those who aren't my clients.

What do you dislike?

An app that shows my "to-do" list from DotLoop would be amazing! I'd like to be able to customize the document a bit more before it generates. That would save me the time that it takes to go back in and really detail the document.

I work for Keller WIlliams and I do wish that they would sync our systems a bit more. I have to create a new database inside of the Loop but I also have those clients and their information saved elsewhere. I wish it was all in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

App!

It helps to streamline my transactions so I always am on top of what needs to be completed next. It also creates a medium that is so simple for my clients to understand and they can get their documents signed and returned to me no matter where they are. I've had nothing but good feedback!

Sales Associate
Real Estate

"Good system but missing some key ingredients"

What do you like best?

The templating system and repeatability are great. If used correctly everyone in an office will be doing the same thing every time.

What do you dislike?

People arent treated as people by the system. If you do a second transaction with the same person all of their data has to be re-entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the initial setup is done correctly.

This company has gone completely paperless. It makes tracking a lot easier.

Real Estate Broker
Real Estate

"Dotloop streamlines it all!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using dotloop because my clients find it easy to use! They can receive and sign documents on their phone, computer, or any other device. I also like the fact that we can assign tasks to ourselves and clients. It goes a long way towards helping us stay on top of what needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

Our real estate association has not adopted Dotloop as the standard. For every document currently, I have to upload it into templates and edit it. It would be nice if BNAR integrated with Dotloop so the forms that we use in Western New York were already in its system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free version and use it for at least 5 deals. It is easy to learn and by the 5th deal you will want to upgrade.

We're always focused on creating a smooth sales process for buyers and sellers. We benefit from a faster closing time and clear follow-up with team members and clients.

UR

"Good product for sharing in larger groups, but not great user interface."

What do you like best?

Dotloop is helpful if several people need to review a document and require commentary. Footnotes section is very helpful to allow for commentary throughout document without marking up actual item.

What do you dislike?

User interface is a little bit cluttered and not as user friendly and clear as it could be. Emails sent when a Dotloop file is shared is confusing at first and takes time to understand for immediate recipient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Offer training to employees on how to best maximize use of Dotloop to preserve efficiency of operations and better comprehension of features.

Dotloop is great for allowing communication between employees and employers, or some form of peer to peer editing. Enables managers to communicate with employees in effective way without having the hassle of phone calls/text messages and lengthy email threads.

Real Estate Agent

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

Makes contract signing very simple and it’s user friendly for my clients!

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if it is a setting by my broker, but I can’t delete loops that I don’t want anymore. Also, the app version is VERY slow.

E-signing is 20x easier and more convenient for all parties involved! Also like that you can see history on each document and whether they have been viewed by the other party.

CEO
Real Estate

"Great for submitting contracts!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to digitally have my customers sign the contracts from the comfort of their home. I no longer have to go through the process of going to their houses with the written contracts and then faxing them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing! Everything about it is great and easy to use!

It is a lot faster, more convenient, saving a lot of time with having to go to the office and customers houses.

Founder and Team Leader
Real Estate

"A Useful Tool for Real Estate Transaction Management"

What do you like best?

Dotloop simplifies the process of closing a real estate transaction.

What do you dislike?

The application requires an email address from all parties to facilitate e-signing of documents. Clients sometimes are intimidated by the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attend a few training Webinars and practice with a test account.

Dotloop consolidates the myriad forms required in a real estate transaction and lets you manage the entire process within the app.

Buyer Specialist
Real Estate

"I use Dotloop for my real estate transactions"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of sharing with clients and colleagues. I love the iPhone app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to select all of the initials or signatures in a multi page document to assign them to a particular user. I dislike being unable to archive loops. Only my market center (kw) can archive loops.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find this product very easy to use once you get the the hang of it. I enjoy the mobile app and the notifications I receive from the app. I have some complaints from clients who can't figure out where to sign and who sign the wrong place, or who think they've signed buy really haven't.

I'm able to send and receive documents with the people who need to see them.

Transaction Coordinator and Marketinng
(10,001+ employees)

"Super easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

Everything! I love how we can insert entire listing or buyer templates. I like how we can share just one specific document. More than anything it is so convenient to have electronic signatures. It saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

This program has been such a huge time saver and has a lot of features that are great. One thing that could be time saving is just being able to drag a document to another folder in the same loop instead of having to copy it and find the loop, etc.

Saving time! No more scurrying to get signatures. it very convenient to have all your documents in one place that will be there for a long period of time.

Response from Greg DiPaolo of dotloop

Shannon, thanks for using dotloop and for providing feedback! We hear you on the ability to move documents more easily.

Realtor
Real Estate

"Awesome features, poor execution. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy having a paperless document management platform. It is great they have your own feature to scan in a document using a mobile device. Setting up templates is a nice feature, and being able to track sales and the amount of contracts you're writing is very handy. Awesome to be able to submit files to brokers, and receive approval.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything, I find the website sometimes lagging in speed, I like all the features, but the execution seems poor. Mobile integration seems like almost an after thought, there are many features that are available on desktop, but not in mobile. Mobile signing support was a nightmare when I tried to facilitate a contract signing on my mobile device, I was terribly embarrassed. Site design is just simply not user friendly and isn't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Docusign is about a hundred times easier to use, if what they offer can satisfy your needs, I would go that direction, I enjoyed using that much more at my previous brokerage.

Communicating records to a broker, and the ability to access documents at my fingertips are the benefits of the product.

AR

"A true lifesaver for anyone who needs/does Transaction Management"

What do you like best?

Top Features:

- Ability to loop anyone into a loop and un-loop them if something falls through!

- History tab

- Fax Function

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, but there are some functions that I think should be implemented:

- I wish that loops could be adjusted into alphabetical order

- I wish there was a way that they could remove some one from your 'Team' in the case of an unfortunate 'emergency' situation.

- I wish it would be easier to have multiple transactions under a single folder, without having to go in and update all the data

- There is the ability to send faxes out, but I wish we could also receive faxes into each loop

- I wish you could customize the 'default' messages that are sent out

- I would love to be able to use this product in other transaction ways, but the labels are strictly for real estate

This program is a fantastic way to keep everything in one location - I can be on vacation and still be able to handle business easily and effectively.

"DotLoop Review"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an easy to use app for things that I am away from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I mainly dislike that this is a Zillow product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that they look long and hard at other platforms for esignatures. I am considering making the change to DocuSign. I am uncomfortable with the fact that the real estate industry continues to give so much information to Zillow, considering that this company will likely be the biggest benefactor in making the real estate profession obselete.

The benefit of DotLoop is that not clients can easily sign documents

Broker Associate

"Quick and easy "

What do you like best?

It's so easy and convenient especially when dealing with out of town clients. I love the fact that you can send a contract, call the clients and have it back in your folder before you finish the conversation. It's very easy to upload templates, scanned documents or even emailed documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to add initial and signature boxes to the documents. Our contracts have several boxes that require initials and signature and it takes some time to assign each section. It would be nice if we could select a name and then go through document and click on each space and it autofill the initial or signature box.

Makes it easier to deal with relocated clients.

In-House Counsel & Leasing Advisor
Real Estate

"Dotloop can be great for template docs but difficult if attempting to add in additional info"

What do you like best?

I like that allows for multiple template docs to be sent and filled in simultaneously. It allows the user to send a package to current or prospective clients with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add in supplemental information or to make significant changes to a template.

Benefit by utilizing the e-sign software and the ability to forward a good amount of documents at once, as opposed to single document at a time.