4.0

TriNet (NYSE: TNET) provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. To free SMBs from HR complexities, TriNet offers access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business. TriNet, incredible starts here. For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter (@TriNet).

Work for TriNet?

Learning about TriNet?

TriNet Reviews

Ask TriNet a Question
Showing 319 TriNet reviews
Judy W.

"The best resource for HR individuals"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how TriNet saves me time and resources, especially having individuals available to answer questions and/or resolve company or employee issues. Filing H-1B applications was extremely easy and the support staff were awesome!! I also like that when you submit suggestions for improvement they really listen to you and try to make changes happen. I like that I have access to a wide range of resources/staff. I love how easy it is to perform "Open Enrollment", the process is very easy to understand and navigate.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of the platform that are not really employee friendly. The time off screen is very confusing, It needs to better focus on what vacation time is available on the front screen rather than hunt around for the specifics. There needs to be separation of screens for SICK and PTO hours. The Marketplace could be more user friendly. It would be nice if employees were given a better tutorial so they could understand what is available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TriNet reduces time and frustration when dealing with payroll and human resources. They are especially helpful with filing H-1B applications.

Time saved handling multi-state employees, open enrollment and H-1B applications. Termination concerns/legalities, making sure the process is done properly. Being able to have one site to manage all aspects of HR has really helped save time, money and relieve stress not only on the administrator but on the employees as well.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
Sally Ann W.

"Takes the headache out of Benefits and Payroll"

What do you like best?

Donna Pease is amazing! I love the customers service and expertise she brings to the table. They have a wealth of knowledge.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes. A users manual might come in handy for different scenerios, like payroll deductions for a return of earnings or bonus overpayment

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No one should be trying to manager multiple states that they have employees in. It is almost impossible to keep up with updates and stay compliant. TriNet also offers really affordable benefits and tons of options for employees. They can pick from top level insurance plans to high deductible plans that cost pennies. I cannot say enough good things about them. It was initially a hard sell for me, but I absolutely love my TriNet team! They are the best!

They take the headache out of UE claims and paying all the states for UE and taxes. Accounting and HR have been highly streamlined! We are very efficient now.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Grant C.

"Easy solution for payroll and benefits"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, I spend less than 15 minutes a week on average dealing with my payroll and benefits. It also has a great portal for employees to self manage their benefits. This has taken a great load off of my shoulders allowing them to be self sufficient. Another great service is how easy it is to on board a new employee and stay within compliance going forward. I'm sure that I would be exposing myself to more risk had I not been using TriNet.

What do you dislike?

I Honestly am very happy with the service I am getting. Again I always wish it could be cheaper but I understand that I'm paying for a value.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch sooner rather than later, the ease of use allows you to focus on growing your business instead of running it. You'll see the ease of use and expanded access to great benefits allows you to attract top talent and takes overhead off of your plate.

TriNet allows me to run my business without the need for an HR hire and thus salary expense. It also allows me to offer great benefits to my employees and helps attract top talent.

Koby P.

"Efficient software to manage the area of human resources"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Trinet is that everything is organized in a very simple way. You can observe the messages of the employees, the queries and the answers or changes made in the system in a very simple way. It has an interface that facilitates work in human resources.

What do you dislike?

When there are many requests at the same time there may be some latency in the arrival of the messages, but it is not important, it does not negatively affect the overall functioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Managing human resources in a large company can be difficult and software such as this helps make a complex task easier, so I recommend Trinet as a human resources manager.

Trinet has helped employees to easily express any questions or queries regarding their interests related to the human resources area and has also helped me as executive director of human resources to have everything much more organized and better serve the employees.

Christina F.

"TriNet handles the headache so you can focus on what you do best"

What do you like best?

The full suite of offerings and ease of use. We have used TriNet for over five years and they are always on top of the latest payroll updates, offer a variety of training, and are available if you require more support.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. But if I had to be critical, I would say that sometimes you have to know what you are looking for or research things yourself, because you might get a response that is not, in fact, true from your client services specialist, but then if you push them to go to their managers it becomes more clear. CA is a complicated state, so I just remind them of this (and being in San Francisco.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let HR be handled by the pros so you can focus on what you do best. Let them take care of knowing the policies, payroll, compliance, etc., and really take advantage of the service aspect of the organization. They know what they are doing and are happy to help in more ways - you are the driver of how much you depend on them, work with them, and use their services.

Payroll, benefits, expense reporting, hiring, etc.

Samantha K.

"Essential tools for a small business"

What do you like best?

Access to tier one benefits that we would never have been able to get as a small business at a very reasonable cost. A full function payroll service that is invaluable to a business of our size (15 people), time and attendance tracking, legal advice, customer support.

What do you dislike?

When we on-boarded, Trinet was in the process of launching a new platform, this was a little clunky to work with both, but now everything is transitioned its very easy. Since then I really have not found any reason to dislike the Trinet service. They have saved me on a number of occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a couple of people in house learning how to use the software, this will help when training users.

The most valuable I would say has been the access to free legal advice. As a small startup business there are many hurdles with hiring and employee situations that you just cannot foresee. In the first 12 months I used the legal consult 4 times and undoubtedly saved us a law suit! Also the fact that we can manage PTO and Sick allocations with ease and rely upon the data is so helpful. Access to the quality of benefits almost goes without saying.

Yen-Po C.

"No More Headache"

What do you like best?

TriNet has a huge group insurance, so we save a lot on the health insurance we provided to our employees and we don't need to shop around every year and compare the complicated policies and prices. TriNet also have a great online portal system which allow you to get almost everything related to payroll and human resources done easily and quicker. TriNet also has great customer support. TriNet's local Client Service Associate and payroll specialist are always out there for us even we don't contacted them a lot.

What do you dislike?

During the old and new portable systems transition, it has some bugs and glitches, but now they are all fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do recommend TriNet to small business like us if you want to eliminate lots of headache.

We are a small business, so we don't have lots of problem. And ever since we hooked with TriNet, we have less problem. Like my subject, TriNet takes away lots of headache of payroll, human resources, health insurance and even the Worker's Compensation insurance. TriNet deal all of them for us. All we need to do is submit our payroll through TriNet online portal and then sit tight and relax.

AmyMarie E.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

With TriNet, I no longer have to spend time keeping myself up to date on changing tax or unemployment rates. I can focus on the operation of my business and leave the HR headaches to TriNet. I am also able to offer a benefits-rich package to potential employees that I couldn't as a small employer, such as disability coverages, AFLAC, legal plans, etc. I also appreciate the "branches" strategy that TriNet has, meaning the people who work on my account are people experienced with service-industries such as real estate and the unique issues that can arise.

What do you dislike?

In the two years we have been with TriNet, there have been minor hiccups along the way but nothing that couldn't be resolved with a phonecall or two. I've had some issues with incorrect year-end tax forms for the company principals due to specific reporting guidelines, but they are resolved pretty quickly. Our client representative had to take an unplanned leave of absence and her replacement was not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I plan to remain with TriNet for as long as I can, simply because I feel like my business is important to TriNet.

I do not need to hire someone to deal with HR and I no longer have to serve as the quasi-HR guru. Employees are able to set up income verification keys through TriNet's partnership with The Work Force, resulting in quicker response times.

Betina K.

"An All-In-One Package"

What do you like best?

TriNet is our source for "everything HR." We love the benefits package and benefits enrollment process. We can't imagine the work and decisions our benefits would require without them. Entering payroll is quick and efficient, and our employees love access to their electronic pay stubs... which include a "year to date" amount for pay, taxes, benefits, and even our HSA's. Most of the time we run smoothly and independently, but occasionally there is that incident or circumstance that we need to discuss with HR experts and seek guidance on. TriNet is there for us with an objective, measured approach to HR challenges and advice we can depend on. And, finally, every time we call, we are greeted warmly and made to feel like our reps enjoy talking to us and helping us with whatever we need. Knowing we have a full service partner both backing us up and charting the way forward is reassuring and allows us to focus on the bigger picture of growing our practice.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things we dislike. The changes in the "H R Passport" portal took a while to master, but we managed. When we called with questions, the TriNet staff were always well informed and able to help us. There has been a glitch in the system that implements pay changes well after the effective date we submit. The raise doesn't go through, even though the "effective date" has been entered within the specified time frame for changes. This has happened several times, but our rep always corrects it promptly and credits the additional funds. We're told they're working on the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We made a great decision going with TriNet… you will, too! It's a one-stop shop for everything HR.

Our owners are also our greatest providers of services; we're a private medical practice. Our managers handle the day-to-day operations, but have a million things to deal with (plumbing problems to ordering supplies to securing authorizations from insurance companies) on a daily basis. TriNet provides effort and expertise we need, but don't have the time to give to a sound HR program. They truly are our partners in business.

Johnathan M.

"Solid HR Software for Small-Medium Size Business "

What do you like best?

I think TriNet is super user friendly. It centralizes all of the needs of the employee giving easy access. Instead of using multiple outlets it creates one platform for paycheck, benefits, 401k, etc. All of the needs of the employee are answered within this piece.

What do you dislike?

I think the log-in state can be improved. They recently improved this which I think was a really solid move. Having employees need their Employee ID was frustrating having to go back in and find it. The create and ID for login feature makes for an easier experience.

We have Payroll/Benefits all through Trinet. The centralized factor across the board is the best aspect of it. The software has proved to be a really great resource for both exempt and non-exempt employees.

Heidi M.

"TriNet does the job"

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

"Best Payroll and HR Software for Startups"

What do you like best?

Everything. We are working with Trinet for long time, right from our early days. Trinet's payroll console is so easy to use and you do not need industry experts to use it. We recently activated time off tool, and it's very easy, quick and helps in error free maintenance of leave records. The most important value is the free legal advice pertaining to employment related matters and fully developed HR processes, right from entry to exit and closure. The reports are also very helpful and readily available for accounting use. Also, the new notification emails regarding payroll processing - they are very helpful. So all 5 stars to Trinet. And their Customer Service is awesome. 24hrs tops and you will get response and resolution of your queries.

What do you dislike?

We recently had an incidence with special payroll processing, it was finally rectified to our satisfaction. We recently faced some issues related to tax computation. But other than few minor glitches, there is nothing serious to report here.

Payroll ,legal aspect of employment related matters, tax aspect and regulatory filing's and compliance. Trinet keeps us posted of the changes in the industry as well as employment laws which is very much appreciated.

"Excellent Service - A True Partnership"

What do you like best?

Going into my fourth year as a TriNet customer, I can't even imagine a reason to seek another provider. I was pitched by a more expensive PEO whose selling point was that they're "higher personal touch" than TriNet. What does that really mean - their tech sucks, so to get anything done you have to call and talk with a human. One of the things I love about TriNet is that you can DO SO MUCH yourself through the web portal and mobile app. I work long hours, travel and already have to spend a LOT of time on the phone for work. I love the fact that while TriNet has excellent customer service - when I need to talk with a human, my TriNet rep is always there for me. But for routine stuff I like to be able to do it quickly on the fly.

What do you dislike?

The integration between the TriNet expense application and the HR passport suite could be a bit easier. It takes multiple steps to approve a travel claim and get the reimbursement added into payroll, requiring two logins, which creates the opportunity for manual mistakes, e.g., forgetting to perform the final step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ethical company that truly cares about its clients. More like a partner than a vendor-client relationship.

My problems are honestly pretty simple as I have a small team. I wanted top quality health benefits for employees in multiple states, and my folks love the TriNet benefits plans, both for their quality, cost and number of options. The main benefit I've realized is peace of mind. I know that having TriNet helps to keep my employees happy and helps me to attract new ones.

Pamela T.

"Great HR-Payroll Provider for Off-Site Company"

What do you like best?

The great communications and responses from my assigned Client Services Specialist. We use the services for one of our companies off-site, and TRINET has always been a great provider in ensuring that their payroll and benefits are managed properly.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no dislikes. If there were any, it would be that I have to wait to speak with my assigned Rep due to our east-coast west-coast locations. However, that is standard in business, so it's not really a dislike.

It is much easier to go through the Open Enrollment Benefits process with this off-site company of ours. The employee has information to make their decisions right at their fingertips.

"Easy to understand and easy to access"

What do you like best?

Trinet has made managing employees in over 5 states very easy. All our staff members are happy with the benefits available, and payment are always on time.

I travel a lot, and I can access the platform from either my computer or mobile device, that way I can either get anwers or process without having to downloand anything

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the answers from the consultants take more time than expected. But it is not the rule, more a thing that happens once in a while

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a one stop shop for everything, just keep pushing employees to look at additional benefits.

one thing I liked a lot is the annual benefit review, that lets the administrator run several scenarios to take the best decision possible.

Keeping track of PTO, was a big deal with us.

Also, having everything on platform and with direct contact for employees, instead of relying on HR contact for everything.

"Great HR Tool - way better than Bamboo!"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of the system are the ease of access, the phone support, and OF course our amazing payroll specialist and representative. It's really like having a senior HR employee on payroll. The support is what makes this product so incredible because everyone is so knowledgable. Really a testament to how good this company is. I also enjoy how easy it is to make changes, update I-9s, approve time off.

What do you dislike?

Reporting! There are some reports like the census that are absolutely incredible, but when it comes down to reporting on headcount or turnover or retention or total loaded cost of employee, it's seriously lacking. For example, with hires and terminations, you get this weird sparse chart with highlighted numbers, and when you click on the number, it opens a bigger, more detailed, but very difficult and awkward to read chart which is difficult to read when you have several departments and locations. There also is a loaded cost report but only available by PDF, which makes it impossible to grab meaningful data from. I feel like loaded cost is such a simple report ask, ya know?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get used to having limited reporting- there are thousands of reports on TriNet but many are difficult to use and read.

Consistency and data storage, also payroll. The most beneficial thing I've found with TriNet, compared to Bamboo at least, is how accurate my data always is. You're required to terminate someone on their resignation effective date because it's linked with payroll. Which means your term and turnover and retention reports are accurate. But with Bamboo, which we use for global employee record storage, it's actually TOO customizable so when someone other than myself goes into the system and makes a change, it messes with my reports so I get inconsistent data.

AP
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"TriNet user experiences"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use both for administrators and employees. We have been using TriNet for over 6 years and always found customer service to be first rate. As issues arise, they are promptly resolved by internal TriNet professional experts. We have not encountered an HR matter that they could not handle. There benefits package has enabled us to both attract and to retain employees from many times larger companies. We have recommended TriNet to several other colleagues based on our experiences.

What do you dislike?

While minor in the scheme of things, we do not like the TransAmerica 401-K plan. We feel that is less flexible in terms of selection of funds and less competitive than 401-K plans offered by other vendors such as Fidelity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider using other functionalities such as expense management

TriNet provides us with a cost effective and easy to use solution to handle all our HR matters including payroll, benefits, 401-K, etc. It has avoided the need to have internal personnel dedicated to HR.

Jennifer P.

"Good for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

- The system is intuitive

- Many ways to reach customer support (live chat, e-mail, phone)

- Fast response from assigned payroll and HR reps

- Sends us payroll deadline reminders

- Payroll automatically submits - never miss a payroll deadline as long as theres data in the batch

- Regional Account Manager checks in via e-mail and in person frequently

- Import files make payroll uploads a lot faster

What do you dislike?

- Custom reporting functionality is lacking

- System doesn't automatically pick up on payroll retropayments. I have to e-mail our payroll rep to process.

- System is lacking visibility for admins. Admins are not allowed to update tax withholdings or view direct deposit info for employees.

- Onboarding process could be more transparent. New hires frequently don't receive their onboarding e-mail and there's no way for me to resend that. I need to reach out to our payroll rep to do that.

- There isn't an integration available between Trinet and our HR platform, BambooHR

Payroll.

"HR is hard, but important to get right, so we appreciate having an expert partner involved."

What do you like best?

Benefits management is professional, helpful and responsive. The reason we switched to Trinet was specifically for a more professional and flexible administration of benefits. We also needed to provide them across multiple states, which was an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

"Advice" is pretty limited to a simple restating of documentation and law, not actual advice. I know why - giving such advice requires specific setup and if I understand correctly Trinet is getting it set up. Small companies especially though need that advice so as not to make mistakes. We end up going to our corporate lawyer for said advice, which is expensive and sub-optimal when we expect HR advice to come from Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Especially for folks in tech - don't underestimate the value and complication of HR. The reason Trinet seems more complicated than say Gusto is because HR actually is more complicated.

Payroll, benefits, new hire processing - all things we don't worry about any longer.

"Makes HR a little easier"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes certain HR duties, like payroll and benefits adminitration, simpler. Instead of having to dedicate time and effort to do certain aspects of payroll & benefits, I am able to ask someone at Trinet for a solution, or they have established guidelines and solutions already.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the overall lack of transparency with Trinet. We have no method of comparing certain things, or getting instructions over certain things. Many people are more computer literate than others, but the site and everything around Trinet seems to be designed for the lowest common denominator.

The issue regarding health insurance, the time spent handling this - currently we can thank Trinet for the ease. BUT we have very little support when it comes to getting certain health insurance information and i have received complaints that the health insurance benefit year and calendar year issues have caused undue expenses. We have not been able to get answers in regards to these problems.

"Great"

What do you like best?

The support and our representative Kristen Ramnath at Trinet are key to the relationship. She is always pleasant and knows how to get things done efficiently and effectively. She helps us out from Bonus PR cycles, to benefits and reviews of the benefits each year to employee termination and hires and how best to get that done. Another solid aspect of Trinet would be all of their benefits both health and commuter benefits which are great for employees who commute to the city often.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major comes to mind right now, but sometimes multiples time per month the PR export function is not available and this just complicates things. It does turn back on with in a day or two so we can use it then. Another issues that arises sometimes is that we can only make an off-cycle PR entry on certain days and this has caused us to crunch processes to meet this time period.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that anyone should definitely consider them, we have used Trinet since 2013 and throughout our growing as a firm from 20 to 60+ employees Trinet has made it easy. They make the Payroll Function easy, they make the health and benefits easy as well and know how to keep up with the best plans and these types of things are important to employees.

We use the Payroll and expense systems.

Meredith T.

"Hands-free payroll"

What do you like best?

All of our employees are salaried, If there are no changes to be made, we can sit back and payroll will be processed automatically each time.

What do you dislike?

It has been difficult trying to get issues with the filing of Form 5500 resolved. It took many emails/phone calls to resolve what appeared to be a fairly simple issue.

Our CEO travels often and we never have to scramble to get payroll approved. If t here are changes, the system can be accessed from anywhere and we are not restricted by time zones or the working hours of a payroll consultant

AE
Administrator in Events Services

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

TriNet allows me easy access to most of my HRIS data in 1 place. The system is pretty easy to navigate and TriNet is continuously working to improve the areas that need improving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system goes down or there are glitches than can be annoying. I also do not like that TriNet doesn't synch 100% with the 3rd party systems it uses - ie. Time & Leave System. I believe this is an area they are working on. I also do not like that I cannot see the full SS# in the system - only the last 4 digits.

Tracking staff time & attendance. Managing staff info in 1 place that is accessible outside of the office. Being able to offer a variety of health plans to staff to meet their individual needs.

Christine P.

"HR Partners"

What do you like best?

Our Hyman Capital Consultant is always very helpful. She spends a great deal of time answering my quest and explaining things.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have to wait for answers. I really like our Human Capital Consultant, but she is busy and travels to client locations, so it is sometimes hard to get in touch with her.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TriNet has many components, and they are very helpful.

TriNet has helped us with some very delicate terminations. They have helped us minimize the risks involved by handling them properly.

"Human Resource"

What do you like best?

There are several things about TriNet I love. One, the staff. Two, the dashboard is easy to use. Not only for me, but our staff. Third, we are a software company and seeing the changes and innovations make my life easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the setup of reports. Sometimes they run correctly, sometimes they don't

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love TriNet...there's a few little things here and there that need improvement....like right now, we can't access the dashboard via web or mobile. It would be nice if they communicated that with us prior to our trying to use the system and finding out that way.

We are in compliance with our medical benefits. We have realized that we have to be better at what we offer our employees in regards to retention and new hiring.

Learn more about TriNet

TriNet Videos

Learning about TriNet?

* We monitor all TriNet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0