4.0

TriNet (NYSE: TNET) provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. To free SMBs from HR complexities, TriNet offers access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business. TriNet, incredible starts here. For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter (@TriNet).

Work for TriNet?

Learning about TriNet?

TriNet Reviews

Ask TriNet a Question
Showing 311 TriNet reviews
TriNet review by Sally Ann W.
Sally Ann W.

"Takes the headache out of Benefits and Payroll"

What do you like best?

Donna Pease is amazing! I love the customers service and expertise she brings to the table. They have a wealth of knowledge.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes. A users manual might come in handy for different scenerios, like payroll deductions for a return of earnings or bonus overpayment

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No one should be trying to manager multiple states that they have employees in. It is almost impossible to keep up with updates and stay compliant. TriNet also offers really affordable benefits and tons of options for employees. They can pick from top level insurance plans to high deductible plans that cost pennies. I cannot say enough good things about them. It was initially a hard sell for me, but I absolutely love my TriNet team! They are the best!

They take the headache out of UE claims and paying all the states for UE and taxes. Accounting and HR have been highly streamlined! We are very efficient now.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
TriNet review by Grant C.
Grant C.

"Easy solution for payroll and benefits"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, I spend less than 15 minutes a week on average dealing with my payroll and benefits. It also has a great portal for employees to self manage their benefits. This has taken a great load off of my shoulders allowing them to be self sufficient. Another great service is how easy it is to on board a new employee and stay within compliance going forward. I'm sure that I would be exposing myself to more risk had I not been using TriNet.

What do you dislike?

I Honestly am very happy with the service I am getting. Again I always wish it could be cheaper but I understand that I'm paying for a value.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch sooner rather than later, the ease of use allows you to focus on growing your business instead of running it. You'll see the ease of use and expanded access to great benefits allows you to attract top talent and takes overhead off of your plate.

TriNet allows me to run my business without the need for an HR hire and thus salary expense. It also allows me to offer great benefits to my employees and helps attract top talent.

What Core HR solution do you use?

TriNet review by Koby P.
Koby P.

"Efficient software to manage the area of human resources"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Trinet is that everything is organized in a very simple way. You can observe the messages of the employees, the queries and the answers or changes made in the system in a very simple way. It has an interface that facilitates work in human resources.

What do you dislike?

When there are many requests at the same time there may be some latency in the arrival of the messages, but it is not important, it does not negatively affect the overall functioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Managing human resources in a large company can be difficult and software such as this helps make a complex task easier, so I recommend Trinet as a human resources manager.

Trinet has helped employees to easily express any questions or queries regarding their interests related to the human resources area and has also helped me as executive director of human resources to have everything much more organized and better serve the employees.

TriNet review by Christina F.
Christina F.

"TriNet handles the headache so you can focus on what you do best"

What do you like best?

The full suite of offerings and ease of use. We have used TriNet for over five years and they are always on top of the latest payroll updates, offer a variety of training, and are available if you require more support.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. But if I had to be critical, I would say that sometimes you have to know what you are looking for or research things yourself, because you might get a response that is not, in fact, true from your client services specialist, but then if you push them to go to their managers it becomes more clear. CA is a complicated state, so I just remind them of this (and being in San Francisco.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let HR be handled by the pros so you can focus on what you do best. Let them take care of knowing the policies, payroll, compliance, etc., and really take advantage of the service aspect of the organization. They know what they are doing and are happy to help in more ways - you are the driver of how much you depend on them, work with them, and use their services.

Payroll, benefits, expense reporting, hiring, etc.

TriNet review by Samantha K.
Samantha K.

"Essential tools for a small business"

What do you like best?

Access to tier one benefits that we would never have been able to get as a small business at a very reasonable cost. A full function payroll service that is invaluable to a business of our size (15 people), time and attendance tracking, legal advice, customer support.

What do you dislike?

When we on-boarded, Trinet was in the process of launching a new platform, this was a little clunky to work with both, but now everything is transitioned its very easy. Since then I really have not found any reason to dislike the Trinet service. They have saved me on a number of occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a couple of people in house learning how to use the software, this will help when training users.

The most valuable I would say has been the access to free legal advice. As a small startup business there are many hurdles with hiring and employee situations that you just cannot foresee. In the first 12 months I used the legal consult 4 times and undoubtedly saved us a law suit! Also the fact that we can manage PTO and Sick allocations with ease and rely upon the data is so helpful. Access to the quality of benefits almost goes without saying.

TriNet review by Yen-Po C.
Yen-Po C.

"No More Headache"

What do you like best?

TriNet has a huge group insurance, so we save a lot on the health insurance we provided to our employees and we don't need to shop around every year and compare the complicated policies and prices. TriNet also have a great online portal system which allow you to get almost everything related to payroll and human resources done easily and quicker. TriNet also has great customer support. TriNet's local Client Service Associate and payroll specialist are always out there for us even we don't contacted them a lot.

What do you dislike?

During the old and new portable systems transition, it has some bugs and glitches, but now they are all fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do recommend TriNet to small business like us if you want to eliminate lots of headache.

We are a small business, so we don't have lots of problem. And ever since we hooked with TriNet, we have less problem. Like my subject, TriNet takes away lots of headache of payroll, human resources, health insurance and even the Worker's Compensation insurance. TriNet deal all of them for us. All we need to do is submit our payroll through TriNet online portal and then sit tight and relax.

TriNet review by AmyMarie E.
AmyMarie E.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

With TriNet, I no longer have to spend time keeping myself up to date on changing tax or unemployment rates. I can focus on the operation of my business and leave the HR headaches to TriNet. I am also able to offer a benefits-rich package to potential employees that I couldn't as a small employer, such as disability coverages, AFLAC, legal plans, etc. I also appreciate the "branches" strategy that TriNet has, meaning the people who work on my account are people experienced with service-industries such as real estate and the unique issues that can arise.

What do you dislike?

In the two years we have been with TriNet, there have been minor hiccups along the way but nothing that couldn't be resolved with a phonecall or two. I've had some issues with incorrect year-end tax forms for the company principals due to specific reporting guidelines, but they are resolved pretty quickly. Our client representative had to take an unplanned leave of absence and her replacement was not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I plan to remain with TriNet for as long as I can, simply because I feel like my business is important to TriNet.

I do not need to hire someone to deal with HR and I no longer have to serve as the quasi-HR guru. Employees are able to set up income verification keys through TriNet's partnership with The Work Force, resulting in quicker response times.

TriNet review by Betina K.
Betina K.

"An All-In-One Package"

What do you like best?

TriNet is our source for "everything HR." We love the benefits package and benefits enrollment process. We can't imagine the work and decisions our benefits would require without them. Entering payroll is quick and efficient, and our employees love access to their electronic pay stubs... which include a "year to date" amount for pay, taxes, benefits, and even our HSA's. Most of the time we run smoothly and independently, but occasionally there is that incident or circumstance that we need to discuss with HR experts and seek guidance on. TriNet is there for us with an objective, measured approach to HR challenges and advice we can depend on. And, finally, every time we call, we are greeted warmly and made to feel like our reps enjoy talking to us and helping us with whatever we need. Knowing we have a full service partner both backing us up and charting the way forward is reassuring and allows us to focus on the bigger picture of growing our practice.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things we dislike. The changes in the "H R Passport" portal took a while to master, but we managed. When we called with questions, the TriNet staff were always well informed and able to help us. There has been a glitch in the system that implements pay changes well after the effective date we submit. The raise doesn't go through, even though the "effective date" has been entered within the specified time frame for changes. This has happened several times, but our rep always corrects it promptly and credits the additional funds. We're told they're working on the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We made a great decision going with TriNet… you will, too! It's a one-stop shop for everything HR.

Our owners are also our greatest providers of services; we're a private medical practice. Our managers handle the day-to-day operations, but have a million things to deal with (plumbing problems to ordering supplies to securing authorizations from insurance companies) on a daily basis. TriNet provides effort and expertise we need, but don't have the time to give to a sound HR program. They truly are our partners in business.

TriNet review by Johnathan M.
Johnathan M.

"Solid HR Software for Small-Medium Size Business "

What do you like best?

I think TriNet is super user friendly. It centralizes all of the needs of the employee giving easy access. Instead of using multiple outlets it creates one platform for paycheck, benefits, 401k, etc. All of the needs of the employee are answered within this piece.

What do you dislike?

I think the log-in state can be improved. They recently improved this which I think was a really solid move. Having employees need their Employee ID was frustrating having to go back in and find it. The create and ID for login feature makes for an easier experience.

We have Payroll/Benefits all through Trinet. The centralized factor across the board is the best aspect of it. The software has proved to be a really great resource for both exempt and non-exempt employees.

TriNet review by Judy W.
Judy W.

"The best resource for HR individuals"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how TriNet saves me time and resources, especially having individuals available to answer questions and/or resolve company or employee issues. Filing H-1B applications was extremely easy and the support staff were awesome!! I also like that when you submit suggestions for improvement they really listen to you and try to make changes happen.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of the platform that are not really employee friendly. The time off screen is very confusing, It needs to better focus on what vacation time is available on the front screen rather than hunt around for the specifics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TriNet reduces time and frustration when dealing with payroll and human resources. They are especially helpful with filing H-1B applications.

Time saved handling multi-state employees, open enrollment and H-1B applications

TriNet review by Heidi M.
Heidi M.

"TriNet does the job"

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Best Payroll and HR Software for Startups"

What do you like best?

Everything. We are working with Trinet for long time, right from our early days. Trinet's payroll console is so easy to use and you do not need industry experts to use it. We recently activated time off tool, and it's very easy, quick and helps in error free maintenance of leave records. The most important value is the free legal advice pertaining to employment related matters and fully developed HR processes, right from entry to exit and closure. The reports are also very helpful and readily available for accounting use. Also, the new notification emails regarding payroll processing - they are very helpful. So all 5 stars to Trinet. And their Customer Service is awesome. 24hrs tops and you will get response and resolution of your queries.

What do you dislike?

We recently had an incidence with special payroll processing, it was finally rectified to our satisfaction. We recently faced some issues related to tax computation. But other than few minor glitches, there is nothing serious to report here.

Payroll ,legal aspect of employment related matters, tax aspect and regulatory filing's and compliance. Trinet keeps us posted of the changes in the industry as well as employment laws which is very much appreciated.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Excellent Service - A True Partnership"

What do you like best?

Going into my fourth year as a TriNet customer, I can't even imagine a reason to seek another provider. I was pitched by a more expensive PEO whose selling point was that they're "higher personal touch" than TriNet. What does that really mean - their tech sucks, so to get anything done you have to call and talk with a human. One of the things I love about TriNet is that you can DO SO MUCH yourself through the web portal and mobile app. I work long hours, travel and already have to spend a LOT of time on the phone for work. I love the fact that while TriNet has excellent customer service - when I need to talk with a human, my TriNet rep is always there for me. But for routine stuff I like to be able to do it quickly on the fly.

What do you dislike?

The integration between the TriNet expense application and the HR passport suite could be a bit easier. It takes multiple steps to approve a travel claim and get the reimbursement added into payroll, requiring two logins, which creates the opportunity for manual mistakes, e.g., forgetting to perform the final step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ethical company that truly cares about its clients. More like a partner than a vendor-client relationship.

My problems are honestly pretty simple as I have a small team. I wanted top quality health benefits for employees in multiple states, and my folks love the TriNet benefits plans, both for their quality, cost and number of options. The main benefit I've realized is peace of mind. I know that having TriNet helps to keep my employees happy and helps me to attract new ones.

TriNet review by Pamela T.
Pamela T.

"Great HR-Payroll Provider for Off-Site Company"

What do you like best?

The great communications and responses from my assigned Client Services Specialist. We use the services for one of our companies off-site, and TRINET has always been a great provider in ensuring that their payroll and benefits are managed properly.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no dislikes. If there were any, it would be that I have to wait to speak with my assigned Rep due to our east-coast west-coast locations. However, that is standard in business, so it's not really a dislike.

It is much easier to go through the Open Enrollment Benefits process with this off-site company of ours. The employee has information to make their decisions right at their fingertips.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Easy to understand and easy to access"

What do you like best?

Trinet has made managing employees in over 5 states very easy. All our staff members are happy with the benefits available, and payment are always on time.

I travel a lot, and I can access the platform from either my computer or mobile device, that way I can either get anwers or process without having to downloand anything

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the answers from the consultants take more time than expected. But it is not the rule, more a thing that happens once in a while

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a one stop shop for everything, just keep pushing employees to look at additional benefits.

one thing I liked a lot is the annual benefit review, that lets the administrator run several scenarios to take the best decision possible.

Keeping track of PTO, was a big deal with us.

Also, having everything on platform and with direct contact for employees, instead of relying on HR contact for everything.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Great HR Tool - way better than Bamboo!"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of the system are the ease of access, the phone support, and OF course our amazing payroll specialist and representative. It's really like having a senior HR employee on payroll. The support is what makes this product so incredible because everyone is so knowledgable. Really a testament to how good this company is. I also enjoy how easy it is to make changes, update I-9s, approve time off.

What do you dislike?

Reporting! There are some reports like the census that are absolutely incredible, but when it comes down to reporting on headcount or turnover or retention or total loaded cost of employee, it's seriously lacking. For example, with hires and terminations, you get this weird sparse chart with highlighted numbers, and when you click on the number, it opens a bigger, more detailed, but very difficult and awkward to read chart which is difficult to read when you have several departments and locations. There also is a loaded cost report but only available by PDF, which makes it impossible to grab meaningful data from. I feel like loaded cost is such a simple report ask, ya know?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get used to having limited reporting- there are thousands of reports on TriNet but many are difficult to use and read.

Consistency and data storage, also payroll. The most beneficial thing I've found with TriNet, compared to Bamboo at least, is how accurate my data always is. You're required to terminate someone on their resignation effective date because it's linked with payroll. Which means your term and turnover and retention reports are accurate. But with Bamboo, which we use for global employee record storage, it's actually TOO customizable so when someone other than myself goes into the system and makes a change, it messes with my reports so I get inconsistent data.

TriNet review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"TriNet user experiences"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use both for administrators and employees. We have been using TriNet for over 6 years and always found customer service to be first rate. As issues arise, they are promptly resolved by internal TriNet professional experts. We have not encountered an HR matter that they could not handle. There benefits package has enabled us to both attract and to retain employees from many times larger companies. We have recommended TriNet to several other colleagues based on our experiences.

What do you dislike?

While minor in the scheme of things, we do not like the TransAmerica 401-K plan. We feel that is less flexible in terms of selection of funds and less competitive than 401-K plans offered by other vendors such as Fidelity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider using other functionalities such as expense management

TriNet provides us with a cost effective and easy to use solution to handle all our HR matters including payroll, benefits, 401-K, etc. It has avoided the need to have internal personnel dedicated to HR.

TriNet review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Good for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

- The system is intuitive

- Many ways to reach customer support (live chat, e-mail, phone)

- Fast response from assigned payroll and HR reps

- Sends us payroll deadline reminders

- Payroll automatically submits - never miss a payroll deadline as long as theres data in the batch

- Regional Account Manager checks in via e-mail and in person frequently

- Import files make payroll uploads a lot faster

What do you dislike?

- Custom reporting functionality is lacking

- System doesn't automatically pick up on payroll retropayments. I have to e-mail our payroll rep to process.

- System is lacking visibility for admins. Admins are not allowed to update tax withholdings or view direct deposit info for employees.

- Onboarding process could be more transparent. New hires frequently don't receive their onboarding e-mail and there's no way for me to resend that. I need to reach out to our payroll rep to do that.

- There isn't an integration available between Trinet and our HR platform, BambooHR

Payroll.

TriNet review by Administrator

"HR is hard, but important to get right, so we appreciate having an expert partner involved."

What do you like best?

Benefits management is professional, helpful and responsive. The reason we switched to Trinet was specifically for a more professional and flexible administration of benefits. We also needed to provide them across multiple states, which was an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

"Advice" is pretty limited to a simple restating of documentation and law, not actual advice. I know why - giving such advice requires specific setup and if I understand correctly Trinet is getting it set up. Small companies especially though need that advice so as not to make mistakes. We end up going to our corporate lawyer for said advice, which is expensive and sub-optimal when we expect HR advice to come from Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Especially for folks in tech - don't underestimate the value and complication of HR. The reason Trinet seems more complicated than say Gusto is because HR actually is more complicated.

Payroll, benefits, new hire processing - all things we don't worry about any longer.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Makes HR a little easier"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes certain HR duties, like payroll and benefits adminitration, simpler. Instead of having to dedicate time and effort to do certain aspects of payroll & benefits, I am able to ask someone at Trinet for a solution, or they have established guidelines and solutions already.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the overall lack of transparency with Trinet. We have no method of comparing certain things, or getting instructions over certain things. Many people are more computer literate than others, but the site and everything around Trinet seems to be designed for the lowest common denominator.

The issue regarding health insurance, the time spent handling this - currently we can thank Trinet for the ease. BUT we have very little support when it comes to getting certain health insurance information and i have received complaints that the health insurance benefit year and calendar year issues have caused undue expenses. We have not been able to get answers in regards to these problems.

"Great"

What do you like best?

The support and our representative Kristen Ramnath at Trinet are key to the relationship. She is always pleasant and knows how to get things done efficiently and effectively. She helps us out from Bonus PR cycles, to benefits and reviews of the benefits each year to employee termination and hires and how best to get that done. Another solid aspect of Trinet would be all of their benefits both health and commuter benefits which are great for employees who commute to the city often.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major comes to mind right now, but sometimes multiples time per month the PR export function is not available and this just complicates things. It does turn back on with in a day or two so we can use it then. Another issues that arises sometimes is that we can only make an off-cycle PR entry on certain days and this has caused us to crunch processes to meet this time period.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that anyone should definitely consider them, we have used Trinet since 2013 and throughout our growing as a firm from 20 to 60+ employees Trinet has made it easy. They make the Payroll Function easy, they make the health and benefits easy as well and know how to keep up with the best plans and these types of things are important to employees.

We use the Payroll and expense systems.

TriNet review by Meredith T.
Meredith T.

"Hands-free payroll"

What do you like best?

All of our employees are salaried, If there are no changes to be made, we can sit back and payroll will be processed automatically each time.

What do you dislike?

It has been difficult trying to get issues with the filing of Form 5500 resolved. It took many emails/phone calls to resolve what appeared to be a fairly simple issue.

Our CEO travels often and we never have to scramble to get payroll approved. If t here are changes, the system can be accessed from anywhere and we are not restricted by time zones or the working hours of a payroll consultant

TriNet review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

TriNet allows me easy access to most of my HRIS data in 1 place. The system is pretty easy to navigate and TriNet is continuously working to improve the areas that need improving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system goes down or there are glitches than can be annoying. I also do not like that TriNet doesn't synch 100% with the 3rd party systems it uses - ie. Time & Leave System. I believe this is an area they are working on. I also do not like that I cannot see the full SS# in the system - only the last 4 digits.

Tracking staff time & attendance. Managing staff info in 1 place that is accessible outside of the office. Being able to offer a variety of health plans to staff to meet their individual needs.

"Human Resource"

What do you like best?

There are several things about TriNet I love. One, the staff. Two, the dashboard is easy to use. Not only for me, but our staff. Third, we are a software company and seeing the changes and innovations make my life easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the setup of reports. Sometimes they run correctly, sometimes they don't

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love TriNet...there's a few little things here and there that need improvement....like right now, we can't access the dashboard via web or mobile. It would be nice if they communicated that with us prior to our trying to use the system and finding out that way.

We are in compliance with our medical benefits. We have realized that we have to be better at what we offer our employees in regards to retention and new hiring.

TriNet review by Ella L.
Ella L.

"Trinet payroll services"

What do you like best?

Trinet portal is easy to use and we get responsive support from our client success partner. There are different reports we can pull from the portal as well for tracking purposes. We also like that all of the payroll taxes are calculated automatically so this save time and effort.

What do you dislike?

service is costly for small business and may not be useful if few number of employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Could provide more reports and also supplement info such as taxes so that users does not need to reach out to support team for further info.

payroll support

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Payroll and PTO features are good, but FSA function is immature"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access my pay stubs and my W2 form.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get FSA expenses approved. They require a Letter of Medical Necessity for things that don't even make sense (like mileage and tolls). And when you do get the letter, your claim may still get rejected if they miscategorized your item (for example, categorizing it as "OTC" instead of supplement) which would allow them to ask for a prescription from your doctor for documentation. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to get any single FSA item approved through Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TriNet's payroll function seems to be a good product for businesses that don't want to hire dedicated personnel to manage payroll and benefits, but I would definitely not recommend TriNet for their FSA component at this point. The department has to better mature both their processes and personnel to be able to effectively serve the customer base.

It seems to be a promising model for small to medium sized businesses so they don't have to hire someone just to deal with benefits and it's good that you can access a lot of the HR items online.

TriNet review by Antonia C.
Antonia C.

"trinet is EXTREMELY helpful "

What do you like best?

I like that I no longer have to depend on an HR person to get answers because in my experience they don't always tell you the right thing. Trinet puts everything in one place and explains everything in detail. I also really hate paperwork and Trinet makes paperwork obsolete. I can compare health plans with a few clicks and it gives me reminders and updates about tax and healthcare changes and when to enroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes It can take a while to get an answer to a question via email and as far as I know there is no chat feature. I also dislike that my W2 says "TriNet" on it instead of the name of my company. They explained why but its still strange.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their phone customer service is faster to get an answer but they people on the phone don't always seem to be so knowledgeable. I know HR is very broad but still it seems like I am put on hold a lot while they find an answer.

We do not have an HR person at my company so we use TRiNet to outsource this job. We realize that it saves us money in the long run by not having to hire someone for this position.

TriNet review by Royce W.
Royce W.

"TriNet is easy to use and very insightful. It makes HR and payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very easy to use and helpful. It makes the HR and benefits information easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Log in for TriNet ws alot easier to use. Sometimes it take a while to log in and to clock in. There should be an easier way.

Trinet makes it easy to view all payroll options, resolve payroll and tax issues. It also makes it easy to view your company and idnivdual goals and allow your to mark off the ones that you finish. You view all your payroll information and if there are any issues then you can call the customer service line and they can help you.

TriNet review by Chianda R.
Chianda R.

"The ease of having all our HR needs met"

What do you like best?

Being that we're a small org that doesn't have an HR dept., it's nice to be able to call HR specialists for advice on situations that could potentially be damaging to our org, if we unknowingly made a decision that wasn't compliant with CA laws.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, but I have had a few times that I needed an immediate answer on something and I had to wait for someone to get back to me.

I'm not sure what is meant. I guess terminations, disability claims, unemployment.

TriNet review by Rich P.
Rich P.

"Terrible Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

In the past, TriNet has been tolerable. At my current employer that is unfortunately not the case.

What do you dislike?

I have received countless errors in attempting to onboard. First, the system only matched me with a previous employer and didn't provide any options for my new employer. Then, once I was allowed access to my profile, I've received several error messages related to switching off of the beta interface. In over two hours on the phone with their support team, my issues have yet to be resolved. Still haven't been able to elect benefits in 1.5 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review your options carefully; once you make a selection, the cost of switching gets pretty high.

The company uses TriNet to simplify the HR experience.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Horrible start"

What do you like best?

Trinet's new online website is pretty good - I tried the beta a few months ago and they just launched the new web UI and it's significantly better. Pretty easy to navigate and find what I need. Phone support is prompt - I never have to wait too long to call and the hours are relatively extensive so I'm able to contact someone when I need.

What do you dislike?

Switching over to Trinet was a HORRIBLE experience. We were supposed to get better health care plans and pay the same as our previous provider - the latter was the same, when I selected what I thought were comparable benefits (they suggested certain plans to us) they were about the same price but the coverage was way worse. In addition, many things in my onboarding process were incorrect (and I heard similar from other employees in our company) - my salary was incorrect and it was really difficult to get the backpay that I needed. My retirement plan was not set up correctly so I had trouble accessing it in time (we had a really short turnaround to onboard as well - these things shouldn't be rushed). Lastly, the dental plan I selected was NOT the dental plan I enrolled in. I pointed it out to Trinet cause I had a printed form as proof and they acknowledged the mistake on their part but it took 3 weeks to fix and I had to cancel appointments as a result.

HR/Benefits/Payroll

TriNet review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Very helpful platform system! Highly recommend it"

What do you like best?

What I like about TriNet is how it gathers all the information for all employees. Easy to navigate, easy system to read and go through!

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about it, is the amount of bugs or IT issues that can present in the platform sometimes

A lot actually, employee reports and track, workers comp, unemployment record, payroll, anniversaries, birthdays, a lot of HR problems related. As I said, is very comforting how easy I can navigate to solve these things in a timely manner!

TriNet review by Henry G.
Henry G.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Very nice to have an all-in-one web portal to access all HR related items. They are all super easy to find, which makes it nice when I just want to find something real quick. I don't have to access around - I know all my answers are located in TriNet. I thought not having an HR department would be rough, but it was nice because all the information lived in one place!

What do you dislike?

Not too much really. I used it at a consulting firm for a few months, so I wasn't there really long enough to find anything wrong about it. There were a few times that cancelling PTO was an issue and we had to call in, but I think it was more of a user error issue than software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! In my experience, employees just need a one-stop shop for HR and TriNet fits that bill! I wish that we also used it for expense tracking as we used another product for that. I can see how having that in TriNet would have helped out some issues we encountered.

I was an employee and they needed an HR portal to solve for not having the typical HR department. I've never really needed a true "person" to interact with for HR and honestly if I have, they just direct me to documentation, so that is what worked so well for TriNet for me.

TriNet review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"Still learning the update... but so far so good..."

What do you like best?

This one's tricky-- because on the one hand, TriNet has given us so many problems in the past-- but on the other, we have a pristine Client Associate Manager who is always ready to help us and go to bat for us. I actually like their payroll submission component, and that hasn't changed; and I also think the I9 verification is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because they just updated their HRPassport software, it's hard to say-- but so far, I really like how they've updated the platform for the 2010s. Finally. I'm interested to see if they'll continue the updates by moving forward with more external softwares that are still linked (I9 verification, payroll submission, benefits portal).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to make a great relationship with your client services associate; they're the lifelines at the TriNet headquarters who can make or break your life!

It's a pretty generic, straightforward way of streamlining all things people/HR. Payroll administration, employee verification, and benefits bundling makes it a great tool that could definitely use more work.

TriNet review by Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.

"Recommend Trinet to all of my friends with business's"

What do you like best?

My account manager, Danielle Hawn, is always on top of making sure I complete all the necessary new hire paper work, complete payroll on time and notify me off any changes or updates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really Trinet has solutions to all of our challenges.

By using Trinet our small business is able to offer excellent benefit packages to our employees. Trinet also extends a plethora of other perks to our employee's like 401k, travel discounts, and disability which has added value to our company when completing talent searches.

TriNet review by Aaditya J.
Aaditya J.

"TriNet - The best Payment Module"

What do you like best?

Trinet is the best application for making payments to the clients and candidates it has a great expense management functionality and a great payroll benefits administration option for all my needs

What do you dislike?

the User Interface of trinet is not that user friendly hence it serves as a bad point into using it and if even a little bit problem is encountered while using it we have to wait till the customer care responds hence it utilizes more time

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great payment gateway

trinet provides me a cloud based HRMS hence i do not have to use multiple applications for multiple works trinet helps me with all of it

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good Customer Service and A Variety of Benefits"

What do you like best?

I always get immediate customer service with Trinet. Their customer service phone lines are open until 9 PM Pacific Time during the week. This is usually late enough.

They offer a great variety of benefits!

They offer a really good variety of benefits. For example, they offer hospital indemnity insurance which is ONLY available as a group insurance you can’t buy it on the open market. I have called Aflac, and United Health Care, both of whom offer hospital indemnity insurance and this is ONLY available as group insurance. So, if you are hospitalized for any reason, they pay cash directly to you to help with co-pays, deductibles, gas, loss of wages, etc. This offers a lot of peace of mind.

What do you dislike?

Their Smartphone app is not linked to their Health Care FSA. I use the smart phone app and the FSA frequently soyhos was inconvenient.

Trinet provides group benefits so that we can have benefits that otherwise wouldn’t be available to employees of small companies.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Both as a user and employee of TriNet's, would recommend for some organizations"

What do you like best?

New UI/UX is way better than the old one. The platform's new Workforce Analytics tools make it way easier to pull everyday reporting.

What do you dislike?

Customer service can be lacking at times, and there tend to be TriNet errors often with easy things, such as payroll and expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Secure discounts early on, it's much hard to get price reductions as you go through time with them. At 100 employees, the PEO model becomes very difficult, so think twice if you are at that point and thinking of moving to a PEO.

Employees like how easy it is to use the platform and get the information that they need.

TriNet review by Rochelle K.
Rochelle K.

"Confident about HR compliance"

What do you like best?

No more quarterly reporting!

No more year end processing!

Fully administered to current legal standards.

My employees can choose from a number of benefits available through TriNet that we couldn't offer.

What do you dislike?

I would like my employee to log in to a time card on-line. We pay for another vendor for this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Retaining employees requires a comprehensive salary package with benefits including more than just healthcare coverage. TriNet provides additional benefits to save through the use of FSA accounts.

My job description includes HR Administration which took hours of my time away from more important tasks in a small environment. I look to TriNet as my HR department.

TriNet review by Trisha R.
Trisha R.

"Hands down- a business must-have!"

What do you like best?

Class A service 100% of the time. Ease of doing business and help with every aspect of running a firm.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Great benefit providers, prompt service, great ideas out of the box, consistent communication, easy interface to communicate thru.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ive told many people they need to look into using them

Payroll and all requirements that come with it. Very hassle free. Great knowing in the event of an HR issue, I have a team with experience to reach out to.

TriNet review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes it simple for small companies to have a full HR function from tracking PTO to payroll and benefits. It also allows companies like ours with around 50 employees to enjoy the economies of scale and larger benefits usually only available to big companies because of TriNet's collective buying power. It's also relatively easy to set up for new employees making onboarding streamlined.

What do you dislike?

very self-serve... little "support" , takes time to figure out all the things that are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

similar to zenefits, I prefer it slightly, more options.

not having a proper HR department. cost efficiencies and selection options when it comes to benefits not usually afforded to small/startup companies

TriNet review by cynthia p.
cynthia p.

"Great for Startups"

What do you like best?

The online HR Portal is great, easy to navigate, and has all the information I need.

What do you dislike?

Because TriNet is so large, I don't always have access to my designated client specialist, and get bounced around but there is someone always available to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, review the platform before you sign on. Most questions can be answered up front.

Easy hiring, easy on-boarding for employees, benefits selection, 401k.

TriNet review by Stacey G.
Stacey G.

"Very pleased with the service"

What do you like best?

I like the online tools the best. I prefer to do as much independently as possible.

What do you dislike?

There could be some improvements in the site design to make it more intuitive and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself time to learn how to use the functions, and take tutorials. Help employees with the basic of using the portal.

Payroll is easy, getting assistance with HR issues, and making sure we are compliant is invaluable.

TriNet review by Sharon F.
Sharon F.

"Eliminated the need for us to have internal HR"

What do you like best?

Our HR Business Partner - So knowledgeable and readily available to answer any questions we may have

What do you dislike?

The technology - Even though they have made efforts to improve, there consistently seems to be issues that impact our operations

We started with Trinet when we were a smaller company. Trinet allowed us the ability to get big company benefits and allowed us to do so without having an internal HR resource.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Trinet- great for startups, but not for complex business setups"

What do you like best?

- they do the basics for you

- they handle the compliance for you

What do you dislike?

- benefits offerings-- cannot be customized to company need, we couldn't get insurance experience

- their partnership with the timecard system is not great; hard to navigate the timecard system Trinet offers

- it took a while to find a good Payroll expert on Trinet's side to partner with our internal payroll team

- termination checks sometimes get delayed in the mail, leaving internal payroll team to scramble to get the check to the terminated employee

- no automation of systems

- reporting system sucked

- unable to accommodate complex business setups

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trinet has come a long way; they are improving the user interface and revamping their customer service. It was horrible before.

However, my company is growing too fast to wait for them to improve their systems.

- lack of manpower in HR /Payroll Dept

"Payroll Administrator"

What do you like best?

We are a Canadian company, with an office in the US, as well as remote sales in other states. Trinet is very knowledgeable about the different requirements for each state. We always get timely responses, and good customer service !

What do you dislike?

I would like the reporting to be a bit more user friendly. We currently have a few custom reports that were created for us, but would like to be able to create more on our own.

Trinet is helping with all the different state laws/requirements. We have also benefited from them handling our benefits as we have only a few US employee's and it provides us with a better rate to provide our employee's.

TriNet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful HR platform"

What do you like best?

This is a clean HR platform that allows you to see everything you need in a nice, colorful and organized way. It’s super easy to get pay slips and also map out future paychecks while knowing instantly how many days off etc you have remaining.

What do you dislike?

Since the platform is in beta, there are a lot of glitches that take a lot of time to fix when there is a bug. I wish they could speed up the process of resolution in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe smaller companies will love this platform and will help them manage a lot of their HR needs in one place.

Have a centralized HR platform that allows you to remove the middle man and get the information you need when you need it.

TriNet review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Solid PEO - Used for 7 Years at Multiple Companies"

What do you like best?

TriNet gives you a lot of the benefits of having a large HR team behind you at a reasonable cost. They negotiate with the big players for you, providing good payroll, health benefits and 401(k) for your teams. They also do a lot of the basic HR stuff (onboarding/offboarding) with very low lift.

What do you dislike?

Not having a direct relationship with the insurers can sometimes yield sub-optimal customer service from them. This is less of a TriNet problem than a PEO problem. As the CEO of my company, I'm not seen as the ultimate client of an insurer, I'm seen as an employee.

Outsourcing a lot of the backoffice elements of HR.

"TriNet? Don't do it."

What do you like best?

Best? Their sales group. They are good and selling you on all the benefits, but not tell you about the inconveniences, poor customer service, or restrictions you will have as a business to function.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? EVERYTHING. If you want nothing to do with your business, and don't care about customer service, a solutions partner. Then go with TriNet. Be warned, TriNet controls your access to government reports, and will give you excel reports as your backup. They will not collaborate with you on solutions. Better to pay an inhouse HR person who will act in compliance but also work on solutions with you, and not neglect your business objectives.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do NOT do it.

The only solution that I thought TriNet solved is worst than doing it on our own. You think you're outsourcing to a solutions provider. However, when it comes time to take your business back into your control, they will limit you and keep information that you think is rightfully yours. OH all of this with the worst customer service.

TriNet review by Soledad J.
Soledad J.

"Trinet review"

What do you like best?

I'm no so excited with the service, in less than one year, TRINET changed three times my customer representative. Now when I call my new representative her line is always busy and I ended up talking with somebody else. No very appealing to call them now.

What do you dislike?

Please see my above notes about the type of service now

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Probably no

Payroll

Learn more about TriNet

TriNet Videos

Learning about TriNet?

* We monitor all TriNet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0