Widen Collective Reviews & Product Details

Widen Collective Overview

What is Widen Collective?

Recognized as the G2 Crowd Leader for digital asset management, Widen serves mid-to-large organizations with a data-driven platform, the Widen Collective. Widen's six integrated applications encompass digital asset management, product information management, and marketing resource management solutions, integrating with over 50 apps from creative suites to project management, AI, and marketing and sales tools. Power your content management needs with award-winning tools and service beyond compare. Request a demo today. == ABOUT THE WIDEN COLLECTIVE == Create, review, manage, distribute, and analyze your digital content with a suite of applications that work together in one powerful platform. Assets - Catalog, control, and deliver rich media assets from a central source. Entries - Enrich product data with marketing copy and digital assets for distribution Insights - Track and measure assets and build performance dashboards. Portals - Curate collections and create personalized brand experiences. Templates - Create localized web-to-print collateral that’s on-brand on demand. Workflow - Manage work in process and streamline collaboration, reviews, and approvals. == WHY WIDEN? == 1. We step on the field with you. Some tech companies implement their software, wave goodbye, and wish you luck. The Widen customer experience is a total service approach that never, ever quits. Our experts are like blockers who step in the way of 300-pound problems so you can get to the endzone. 2. We're DAM black belts. In 1997, we released one of the earliest digital asset management systems. To this day, we’re still focused on advancing DAM. That kind of longevity and dedication is rare in the martech industry. We create, use, and dream DAM like it’s an art form (which we think it is). 3. We've been in business since 1948. From the peak of print to the rise of digital to the frontiers of immersive media, we’ve adapted to all the seismic shifts in communication. Because we’ve seen it all, we’re quick to spot the future – and driven to tap its full potential. We put value over being first. 4. We’re independent. Self-funded and stable, we can make the best long-term decisions for our customers. We have no venture capitalists to placate or growth metrics to chase. 5. Our customers rock. From Fortune 100 enterprises to world-famous universities, we serve over 700 organizations in 175 countries. We have customers in virtually every industry. 6. We get the content lifecycle. From the "eureka!" moment to the approval process to the day an asset retires, our DAM handles all the grunt work. Content has its own "circle of life," and we keep it turning here in our own Pride Rock of Madison, Wisconsin. 7. Culture is our rocket fuel. Widen is certified as a WorldBlu Freedom-Centered Workplace™. We employ people with developmental challenges in partnership with Madison-based Community Support Network. Our CEO (Chief Eudaimonia Officer), Matthew Gonnering, gives one heck of a TEDx Talk. And list the goes on. We think people who love what they do and where they do it will aim for the moon. 8. Then + now. We keep one hand in the past and one in the future. If you need a centralized marketing content library for your workgroup, we've got that. If you need a heavily integrated DAM system to manage complex marketing and sales workflows for a global enterprise, we've got that covered, too. 9. We're 100 percent cloud. Our customers deserve the best scalability, ease, and security a tech company can offer. That’s why we built the Widen Collective® on top-notch cloud infrastructure. No matter how fast you move and grow, we keep pace. 10. We’re obsessed with security. Widen bulletproofs your content. We participate in regular security audits and penetration tests – and continue to pass with flying colors. 11. We make marketing flow. Some tech companies make fancy features for show. We design every function for your real marketing and creative processes. You’ll find everything you’d expect in a top DAM system and things you won’t get from anyone else. Check out the Collective’s key features 12. Pay for what you use. We tailor the Collective to your needs. Pay based on the optional features you choose. Request a proposal, and we’ll break down the pricing for you. 13. We play nice. A number of popular technology platforms integrate with the Collective. Our API makes it easy for you to take DAM anywhere you need to go. 14. We’re our own customer. We’re the primary test subject for our DAM software. Our digital content production, marketing, and creative teams use our tech and services to do their work. They give us sharp, real-world feedback. 15. We're educators. Part of our mission is to turn you and your team members into DAM and PIM champions, advocates, and administrators. So, we provide oodles of resources to make that happen. Come to Widen User Groups, learn online, or join us at the annual Widen Summit to get your DAM on. 16. We give a DAM. Marketing and creative people face many of the same challenges no matter where they work. That’s our company. We know your pains and aspirations. We measure our success by yours. 17. We love DAM wordplay. And we are aDAMant about funDAMentally changing the way your product marketing flows! Request a demo or sign up for a free trial at https://www.widen.com.

Widen Collective Details

Drive content operations from an award-winning digital asset management and brand management platform.

We’re in a hyper-collaborative market authoring educational content to help marketing, creative, and IT professionals capture, organize, share and analyze marketing content. We focus our attention on assembling great teams and empowering them with knowledge, technology and an awesome employment culture.

Our teams create sustainable value for customers because of our foundation. The talent foundation is marketing-fixated, creative-minded, risk-taking, technologically-savvy, community-minded, well-balanced employees who stay at Widen because we love helping customers connect their marketing content.

Our customers respond by recognizing our efforts with exceptional reviews, loyalty, longevity and continuously high satisfaction ratings. Our love tracker indicates high-use of the word love when talking about Widen. And just to make sure we cover everything, here’s a few overused keywords: cloud, scale, robust, enterprise, features, service, interface, functional, innovation, secure, journey, lifecycle, experience, leader.

Widen
@Widen

Widen Collective Videos

Widen Collective Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Widen Collective community
Have you used Widen Collective before?

Widen Collective Reviews

Showing 388 Widen reviews
Already have Widen Collective?
Program Manager Web and Digital Assets
What do you like best?

I have full control (except for very minor features) of the tool. I don't have to wait to complete tasks or make changes. The support team is very responsive. They try to address and help troubleshoot issues immediately, and if not are very good about returning with info/solutions by the next business day.

The tool is versatile. We have an integration with Drupal 8 and has been a game changer.

Portals are very popular and we have leveraged them for many different use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations for our specific use cases. Portal security settings are basic, and we would like to see them beefed up. We are a medical device company and for one of our use cases needed Widen to be HIPAA compliant, which it is not. This was a lost opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way for new employees as part of an acquisition to be able to get benefits info in advance to coming onboard. Prior to Widen files had to be emailed manually. Now we use portals to curate for specific acquisitions and provide all the info needed prior to onboarding the new employees.

We use Widen as single source of truth and leverage links and embed codes to populate assets on our internal and external websites. When you update an existing asset, it automatically updates on all sites. This saves an enormous amount of time and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For me, I can just copy and paste lists of skus numbers into the multi assets list and get images or artwork for all the products I require really quickly. I can also select components that I want to send direct access to, for a customer to use from our images or artwork. The secure link gives the access to the pieces I choose. This is really helpful so I do not need to download and send to my customers individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have anything that I dislike about this software. For me it meets all my needs and is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As all the artwork and images are all within this software, I can select products individually for quick references to check what they look like, sizing, packaging etc., without the need to download. this is good for catalogue proofing too. It is just an easy access of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Creative Designer
What do you like best?

It´s truly amazing all the help WIDEN can bring to us and collect all the information to have incredible galleries of resources. In my case as a Graphic Designer, the integration with other platforms will make your life easier.

Also, you can create really attractive visuals for prospects and show the different companies how their brand will look, which is an amazing advantage.

With very simple brand style you can get really cool results in short notice. Will be a great addition to your company and also stylish way to standardize the results you are giving as an employee.

Do not hesitate to request for a demo and know all the advantages the WIDEN will bring to your work flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I couldn't find any issue. Maybe a trial period so we can test all the tools available before a demo and some tutorials for the new users starting to use WIDEN would be such a great help.

Could be hard to understand in the beginning but then you will get used to it. It´s not an easy tool but will worth the ride. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creation of banners and website contents with branded material, promotions. Also we can show galleries with products and surprise our clients.

The internal structure and fluid design will make everything looks better. You can find everything really quick and keep all the information collected in one place.

When clients request a sample of how their brand will look to any of the content offered, will save you time and give you the power to edit in a modern style the solutions your client wants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The support from our Customer Success Manager has been invaluable as our digital asset management processes have developed. We have regular check-ins to track goals and measure objectives, as well as identifying the best products and features for our organisation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Administration of the content can prove challenging for administrators with less technical experience using metadata, and the interface can prove overwhelming for some users. We have improved this by using somewhat complicated solutions, and site administration in general could me made easier. The templates feature could be developed for ease and flexibility, especially when assigning images and files that can used in a given template, and allowing users to save as they go. The analytics can also be tricky to set up and track, and the reviewing metrics is not as clear as expected, so some improvement to layout and features of the insights dashboard could help solve that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can happily recommend Widen Collective, not only for the great services and products, but the community of digital asset management professionals they connect you with as part of user groups, conferences and external engagement. It adds great value to administrators and their work in achieving their organisation's goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Widen is helping us solve issues concerning brand compliance, capacity building and resourcing through the use of customisable templates, meaning a colleagues with wide-ranging experience in designing branded materials can do so quickly and effectively while maintaining consistency with our brand guidelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Widen provides lots of ways to design your site, while also having helpful administration pages, such as conflicting asset or assets that haven't been tagged with into a category. Widen has also allowed for me look into the users that enter the site and provides insight widgets that allows me to interpret the data gathered from users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but it would be nice if there were more settings we can tweak for users, such as adding an standardized expiration date for users with certain roles. In addition, although I mention that there are a lot of ways to design the site, the dashboard could benefit from more features that allow admins to customize it further, with a better UI for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Widen, I'm able to organize my company's images and graphics. Some benefits of widen, besides being able to organize images and graphics, is that widen provides ways to allow for admins to share these assets, among users who enter the site, giving a clear cut way for people to find, download and share assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SDE 2
What do you like best?

I love the chance to create photographic sets. For the work of mine, my business has always had various code requests from different departments. Creating groups is an easy method to manage everything, specially when I work simultaneously for various colleagues on many requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not love it to help you move quickly at the start of my scrolling if I click on the products that escort you to a brand-new window, if you push the back button, and once I go through hundreds of pictures or perhaps documents that look at what I need, I lose the spot of mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideal to organize resources or perhaps to gather another written content in one spot. Be cautious when you're merely a few of the pages in the quest of yours and navigate through loads of information to find what you need - you likely will lose the spot of yours if you snap on something to scroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company stores images, code repositories, video clips and much more with a Widen collective. I remember one of the important advantages is after the update new documents can be published, the case for us. If stock or perhaps collateral is obsolete, we move in and upgrade it with the earlier file, that is essential since we will not have to return as well as complete the prior edition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing & Account Strategy Director
What do you like best?

It's simpler each for my project requestors and designers to finish tasks and communicate effectively that many of the digital assets of ours are investing an organized plus searchable roof. Most relevant results can be viewed on a single web page, especially in case you spend time creating related collections. To have the ability to share assets both within the organization of ours and outside easily and quickly improves our efficiency and workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love using tabs if I browse pictures, so it does not delay when surfing, when I can't easily open brand-new tabs for every picture. I hate them apart from the application that pushes them, but many of these're a product of exactly how we consume the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make certain your assets are prepared for the electronic age. You are going to have the assets of yours. Metadata and organization are crucial, and in case you feel in a position to dump all the assets of yours as well as order the functional DAM you will likely be let down with. Place them on Widen as well as invest time understanding the assets of yours, and you'll at long last have a better system with much less difficulty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We would once host the collateral of ours and assets with a private server. Much of our lifetime is expended on locating public collateral images or perhaps backups. People depended on us to do a part of their own tasks without the machines to do it. We've a lot better asset guidance for designers with Widen and much better exposure for all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Support Analyst
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Widen is how customizable it is. Everything from the login page to the dashboard configuration can be modified to your company's liking. From an admin standpoint, you are in complete control of metadata types, fields, permissions, etc.

I absolutely love Portals. They are easy to build and look like expensive websites once complete. We only receive the standard portals, but Widen offers many choices to incorporate more functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had more functionality in the standard portal. The cost for other portal types is pretty high when compared with the cost of the DAM itself. We used to pay for Brand portals but decided against it last year as the ROI just wasn't there for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us, having our assets in one centralized location takes the guesswork out of finding what each team needs on a daily basis. With the search functionality, categories, and collections, we are able to curate groups of assets that make sense to each part of our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author
What do you like best?

Service that is excellent to the customer. High reporting capabilities. Capacity to have items in different file formats. Assistance for different file format types. Permissions to safeguard assets might be configured. Users can make use of a standard Internet browser to use the site. Media could be installed with no expensive software in a couple of minutes. You are able to purchase as well as obtain the item/media at any time. In fact, all year round, software updates are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It may be relatively hard to look at administration site providing I could quickly replace the display admin options making use of various quantities of access, so I can readily see what my members have ability to access, include and alter and don't produce a number of accounts by myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A big presentation on how the service functions connects all of the points we wanted. In comparison to the various presentations that we tried, it appears to be much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for the marketing team of ours as our primary point of touch for instruction, information, business info as well as other useful items. We additionally love the point that we can move up versions effortlessly as needed. The staff are much less disappointed at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
What do you like best?

As our digital resource management operations developed, the support from the development team of ours was invaluable. We often check in to watch the goals of ours, evaluate the goals of ours and determine our organisation's best features and products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Administrators with much less technical understanding using metadata is able to have difficulties with administrating content, and also a number of users might discover the interface overwhelming. This has been raised by making use of a little difficult fixes, and website management might allow it to be easier for me on the whole. The template feature could be flexibly and easily developed, especially if files and images may be allocated to some template and are preserved for owners on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I happily recommend the Widen Group not just for the fantastic products and services, but together with consumer groups, conferences and outside engaged, also for the digital asset management expert community. This gives administrators great benefit and also helps them accomplish the goals of the organisation of theirs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With using personalised templates, Widen supports us to resolve issues associated with resourcing, capacity building, and brand compliance, so that colleagues with considerable branded materials expertise is able to do that efficiently and fast while remaining in line with our company suggestions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

I have a LOT of likes: Easy to use. Unsurpassed security. Development team is always thinking and improving. Support members are real people, not chat bots. Ability to administer most of the features myself - I don't need an internal I/T resource and I don't need to wait on anyone at Widen. Flexibility - we have 3 separate businesses in one tool. Unlimited portals to share assets externally. Robust metadata capabilities. World class training and self-help information. My job is much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to "link" compound assets with raw assets. It's currently a manual process - very time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer have issues with expired talent - Widen's reporting capabilities allow me to locate assets nearing their review/expiration dates so I can proactively remove assets from public view or extend talent rights. I also love the ability to bulk edit metadata. This has been a HUGE time saver - especially since we do photo shoots, and have to tag thousands of images with metadata. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

Great customer service. Strong reporting skills. Ability to obtain products in various file formats. Support for various kinds of file formats. Permissions may be configured to safeguard assets. Users are able to access the web site using a traditional internet browser. Media may be set up in a few minutes without any needs of costly software. The object/media may be purchased as well as downloaded at every moment. Software updates are actually out there all year round. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the administration page could be a little difficult in case I, as administrator, can easily alter the display settings to make use of various access amounts, so I could easily see what access my subscribers have and could make additions or changes and never have to develop multiple accounts myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A large presentation about the way the service works connects all of the points we had been looking for. It seems to be a great deal easier compared to the various other presentations we tried out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it as a main point of contact for the IT team of ours for training, resources, company new info and various other helpful items. We also like the reality that we are able to easily upgrade versions as necessary. The staff is currently less frustrated they've nowhere to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The Widen system is set up to empower a full time admin. It's a very self-service system, with admins being able to perform configuration and maintenance tasks themselves. When help from Widen is needed, the support team is available online chat and/or email support and is always professional and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Widen relies on a network of partners for integrations with other systems. Individual integrations can lag and feel like they are under-maintained. The a la cart nature of integrations provides flexibility (don't pay for what you don't need), but can add up if you want a lot of integrations. Widen charges a setup fee for new applications within their system; it's not always clear what that fee is for and can feel expensive, especially if you are your own DAM admin and do all the setup and maintenance of your own system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how Widen fits into your marketing technology stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single source of truth for digital assets. Versioning of assets, plus integrations and connections with other systems (sales enablement system, website, the Portals microsite application in Widen), lets us replace an out-of-date file in all connected systems by uploading a new file in a single place. Cloud-based asset storage/sharing makes files available to a distributed, global workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Operations Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It's intuitive for our users to search and navigate. Our users can filter with metadata to find the assets they need- making their jobs more efficient. Digital assets are on brand, easy to reuse, and easy to share and download. Widen has great customer service and is always making improvements and updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Making sure our content contributors upload assets in a timely manner can be a challenge. Introducing adoption in the organization is a big effort. Implementation took us around 2-3 months. However, the collective itself is just what we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They care about their customers and provide great opportunities to learn from other customers, great training videos, and great service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our marketing email team uses the DAM to host their email banners and icons, using embed links. This was a great use case for us. The DAM saves us time because we can provide more self-service resources- templates, guidelines, slides, icons, photos, and logos. We love the portal feature for distributing assets in a clean professional way to agencies and freelancers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to search media and filter them based upon several criteria. Makes it easy to find what you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a feature to be able to search photos by region. That will ensure that you are getting the right photos for the correct region. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great library to use for media resources Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need media to support all of our go to market efforts and being able to have this media easily accessible is a key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Financiero
What do you like best?

The Widen has brought me many benefits in marketing our products. It allows me to handle my multi-channels so I can manage campaigns financial side while marketing my products. I can easily search for relevant content by keyword and convert file formats to run on my different channels. I like their functionality and they play an important role in everyday activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I started, I encountered some problems, it was a strange product, it was not even well designed, but now it brings many features and an attractive interface to our installation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and inexpensive, and the demonstration can be viewed for better understanding, which makes it very credible. It automates time-consuming processes such as tagging and multi-channel content distribution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We share the business of our high quality products with our representatives and retailers, which facilitates our cooperation. The right time allows us to analyse the performance of different products, which ultimately helps us make better budget decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DevOps Engineer
What do you like best?

The application is simple to operate, specially for end-users. It has a very intuitive design, great look and makes it easy to organize thousands of photos. But what I appreciate most when using the Wiedener Collective is the friendliness and reactivity of the Wiedener employees. Every time we encountered problems or limits, they were very open to our input and took clear steps to solve some of our problems. They also give many opportunities to become familiar with the software and often use new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The latest version of dashboard does not seem to be a very efficient use of space. I really like the new design, I just want to make sure that the most important downloads always fill the center of the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do homework and ensure you get everything you need to create this kind a website. Setup will take some time, but in the end it is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You have to browse, download, post them to someone from outside the organization and used them in other third-party marketing tools. Widen makes it all easy and requires little user training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Ease of navigation and search especially with the number of assets available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the high quality media assets it sometimes takes a while to load. But the ease of finding what I need makes the load time a non issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems to speak of. If really helps put together marketing collateral for our clients quickly with out putting them through too much hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I am getting much benefit from Widen collective, in terms of our product marketing it has enabled me to manage my multi channels so that I can effectively drive the campaign about my product launch. I am easily searching the right content by using the keyword and I am capable of converting file formats, so that I can launch them on my various channels. I love its functionalities which are playing a great role in my daily work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have faced some issues in the starting, it was strange product even was not well developed but now it has brought too many excellent features and also an attractive interface for our ease. I will appreciate their hard work and making us its satisfied customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very user friendly and reasonable in pricing, you can also check out its demo for better understanding and this makes it very reliable. It automates the time consuming processes for us for example, tagging and content distribution across multiple channels. We will also appreciate its policy of copy right management which helps us to protect our product from inconsistencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are sharing our quality product campaigns with agencies and distributors, thus it has provided us ease of collaboration. Time to time it provide us the analytical aspects of various product performance, which ultimately help us to take better decisions in terms of budget management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.