Cascade CMS

4.0

The content management system of choice for those who value maximum flexibility and the most predictable cost of ownership.

Work for Cascade CMS?

Learning about Cascade CMS?

Cascade CMS Reviews

Showing 11 Cascade CMS reviews
Cascade CMS review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use, even for me"

What do you like best?

I will be honest I know little to nothing about web design. Cascade CMS was easy to use even for someone like me with ZERO experience outside of being a user. I was able to design layouts based on how my preferred style and asthetic and others were easily able to add and edit content, as well as design aspects as needed. It's a great product for a team environment.

What do you dislike?

As a self confessed novice, updating the software was a little tricky. I was always able to figure it out, only occasionally needing help from someone from it, but it was complicated enough that it made me nervous. someone with more experience would probably find it completely reasonable, but again, novice here... I felt like it was harder than it should be

Building websites in collaboration with other team members. Made the process much easier and reduced duplicate work/effort

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Cascade CMS
Administrator in Higher Education

"A powerful CMS that makes a web developer's job efficient"

What do you like best?

I like how Cascade centralizes content in XML and opens up transformation via XSLT or Velocity Script. I like the power offered via Velocity Script since there are Java standard methods and multiple built-in tools. I like also having capability of building tools in the CMS, including jQuery-based web service calls using the REST API.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the system handles ampersands. I dislike the inefficient search capability, particularly when choosing an asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will make centralization, maintenance, migrations and changes so much easier with your web presence.

Centralization branding, code and web presence. There has been improved efficiency with maintenance, migrations and development.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use Cascade to update content on a number of university websites. Understanding of coding is not necessary and the CMS has been seemingly easy for our web services team to manage and maintain.

What do you dislike?

There are multiple steps required to publish content. While this is helpful from a quality control standpoint, it does require additional time to publish.

Our marketing and communication function is somewhat decentralized. Cascade has allowed us to equip lead users with the ability to manage content on their pages, while limiting decisions related to look/feel, site organization and navigation to our web services colleagues. This has created significant efficiencies.

"Easy to use CMS"

What do you like best?

Cascade is relatively easy to use once you are familiar with the platform and its layout.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit rudimentary and it is difficult for beginner users to perform more complex tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cascade is probably one of the easiest professional CMS platforms around. While it is not as intuitive (the way we have it configured) as some others that allow for drag and drop layouts and such, it does provide easy ways to update content. I'm not sure how well it handles building things from scratch as I was not integral to that process, but it does handle basic daily functions well.

Our website is based on Cascade. It is easy to give multiple users access to as much or little content as you wish.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Amazing CMS for Higher Educaion"

What do you like best?

I love the push based publishing of Cascade CMS. This allows our website to have virtually 24/7 365 operation since there is no database dependency for basic operation.

What do you dislike?

There are no significant items I am dissatisfied with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product supported by a great organization in Hannon Hill that cares for and listens to its customers.

We use Cascade to manage our entire enterprise website with over 400+ publishers and 300+ sub-sites.

Cascade CMS review by Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

"CAscade for higher ed"

What do you like best?

Easy to use once you learn it and the look is nice

What do you dislike?

There are too many steps to publish content.

Our website is built using cascade.

Cascade CMS review by User

"Easy to use, customize and deploy "

What do you like best?

Easily assign permissions, folders and sites to individuals across the organizations. Best feature if the 'history' feature allowing you to roll back to previous versions, restore content or get a snapshop of a site on a previous date/time.

What do you dislike?

The preview feature takes a little time to load. Would be nicer if you could preview on the fly without having to wait for it to render.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Drupal if you have the tech expertise.

Enterprise wide website updates can be done by each individual department easily without the need for programming experience. Very WYSIWYG.

Cascade CMS review by User

"Multimedia Design Director"

What do you like best?

Not too much, it doesn't crash on my, I guess that's one thing.

What do you dislike?

Requires very specialized knowledge to customize templates.

Keeping track of customers and making sure we contact them in a timely fashion.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Fully customizable, user friendly CMS"

What do you like best?

Cascade CMS make no assumptions about your content.

What do you dislike?

Without previous experience, professional training and implementation assistance is required.

We needed a custom user interface for specialized content layout and publication workflows.

Cascade CMS review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Quick and Easy to Learn! "

What do you like best?

very easy to learn even for those who do not have any web content management experience

What do you dislike?

To publish a content sometimes you have to publish the entire contents. Otherwise, the link of new content doesn't work.

Being able to update information regularly.

Cascade CMS review by Administrator

"Version 8 much better"

What do you like best?

Faster preview/edit load, faster refresh to server.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a bypass to the save-check-submit-publish process for simple updates.

Fast web publishing.

Learning about Cascade CMS?

* We monitor all Cascade CMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.