Wistia Reviews & Product Details

What is Wistia?

Wistia is a leading video platform that makes it easy for businesses to create, host, manage, share, and measure videos.With intuitive and powerful products ranging from world-class video hosting to Soapbox—a simple video creation tool—Wistia reduces the barriers to better business communication. Over 300,000 businesses trust Wistia with their video needs. Try it for free.

Wistia Screenshots

Wistia Profile Details

Wistia Profile Details

Wistia
Description
Wistia provides professional video hosting for business. Engage your prospects, customers, and employees with video.
2006

1-50 of 142 total Wistia reviews

Wistia Reviews

1-50 of 142 total Wistia reviews
Visual Marketing Specialist

"The Video Player You Actually Want"

What do you like best?

In two words, customization and consistency. I can customize the look of the player and match my branding. And the videos play perfectly, every time. Add on clickable CTA's, data analytics that make sense, and a video-centric blog that just keeps on giving, and you can color me impressed.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is not really within their control at all. There are some roadblocks to full video playing functionality on uploading from Wistia to social sites (ie. auto-playing doesn't work). But the benefits far outweigh that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Could you use other (free) video players to host your content? Sure. But what value are those players providing? Who's benefitting from the traffic? What experience are you providing your user? Are you capturing leads? At the end of the day, it's really a no-brainer. The value you get from Wistia is so far out of the park that you can't even see the park anymore.

The main problem we solved for was displaying our videos on our website in a way consistent with our branding. Afterwards we realized the power of clickable CTA's to better track behavior.

Videographer

"Absolutely love it."

What do you like best?

As a marketing videographer with a small team, we absolutely love Wistia. Easy-to-use, lots of useful add-ons and features, and plenty of analytics to go around. We've been using it for 3 or 4 years now, and it seems like I'm always learning something new and awesome about Wistia and how it can help our marketing efforts. Not to mention the awesome education they provide on how to make better videos. We're big Wistia fans!

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints about Wistia. Just one extremely minor suggestion-- it's a little tough to manipulate the look and feel of some of the automatically generated buttons, to fit more with our branding. These buttons can go on your videos to help drive leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Other competitors will say they're better, but I haven't seen it. Wistia has been wonderful.

We're looking for ways to generate more leads with our videos. Wistia helps us to see at a glance how our videos are doing, and offers ways to try new things to see if our videos could be more effective.

President

"The Best Video Hosting for Marketing"

What do you like best?

I really like the mobile-responsive video player and the ease to embed or pop-up the video on a site or landing page. Also the ability to customize the color and settings of the player to meet my design needs, along with the behavior. The turnstile feature is a great tool that allows you to creatively manage a content marketing strategy, including gating content for lead generation. There's a lot to like and very little not to like.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing structure supported a few more videos without having to add hosting fees for more videos that have low usage, such as a training archive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing is better that a test drive. You can do most things with their free subscription, so give it a try. You are limited to a few videos, but you can do most everything, except:

- Wistia branding will be present (but it is pretty subtle)

- You cannot integrate with Marketo, it requires an add-on purchase

Web hosting with integration to Marketo marketing automation. Tracking views as part of campaign flow and establishing the campaign actions based on the percent of video viewed by users. It also avoids the hassle of setting up video and blocking advertising on you videos, such as with YouTube.

Customer Success Manager

"Makes sharing and organising videos easy"

What do you like best?

Wistia makes it easy to store, organise and share videos in a professionally styled environment.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely haven't come across anything I dislike about using Wistia so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth spending a bit of time thinking about how videos are titled and organised. Are there some groups ("projects" in Wistia speak) which you will want to make completely accessible to the public, and others which should only be accessed one video at at a time?

And obviously Wistia is only a hosting service, you will need to work out how to make good videos in the first place to upload.

We're using it to share tutorial videos for our product. Wistia has made it easy to upload a video once and then quickly embed it into Intercom messages, help center articles and blog posts.

CMO & Co-Owner
Financial Services

"Best video platform I've used"

What do you like best?

It has everything I could want out of a video platform. It gives me the customization and flexibility I need to create a great experience for our customers while giving us the analytics and integrations I need to measure and track what is going on. They have a clean interface and I love that the product team is still innovating and listening to customers.

What do you dislike?

I think their Marketo integration could be better, but aside from that, I struggle to come up with solid reasons why you wouldn't want to use Wistia.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the change, your videos will reach new levels!

Our old video platform was a very low feature solution. We wanted something that would take our video content to a new level with chapters and CTAs throughout to drive more engagment.

Marketing Coordinator

"Simple, reliable, and faster than ever."

What do you like best?

It has everything you need to make a feel branded without making it overwhelming. Customize the player to match your brand guidelines, use your logo on the page and more. What's even better is that the player is extremely lightweight and embeds like a dream in web pages. With their latest update, the videos load shockingly fast as well. I never thought I'd be this excited about a video platform, but wow.

What do you dislike?

Honestly. I can't think of much. There was one time when I tried to replace a video and it never loaded a preview image, in the folder view, but that's about as minimal as a frustration can get (and that was before the latest update).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a business with video needs, especially in need of keeping them secure, Wistia is a great option. It's quick, powerful and simple. Honestly, it makes YouTube seem complex.

We can share video securely. We sometimes host trade shows or interviews with clients and partners. Some are fine with the video being available to the public, others are not. Either way, they generally want to review the video before they make a decision. Wistia makes it easy for us to drag and drop the videos from the conference into a single folder (project) and then send each to the respective party - and it's easy to ensure only those that are intended to view it are able to.

Chief Contrarian

"The right amount human touch in a high tech world"

What do you like best?

The WISTIA team and presentation of there service strikes a great balance between the clean, focused application of modern tech and the human touch that reminds us or our softer, more playful side. Their attention to technical detail combined with their great help/tutorial content is a great mix.

What do you dislike?

Other than I don't' have a big enough business to send them a larger check, not much. I would like to see them represented more actively in platforms like WordPress.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, engage with the team

We are adding increasing levels of narrative to our customer service and training Startup / hobbyist efforts. Video is a key element here. We are not a high volume user but our intent6ion is to grow with Wistia.

Marketing Director
Events Services

"Everything You Need in a Video Platform & More"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a video hosting platform with tracking and CTA functions. It is super easy to embed your video in any site or page. You can track video performance down to the seconds watched to learn what your audience is drawn by. On top of their functions, they offer tons of helpful blogs and great support with real people! You won't find a better platform or team to host your videos!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can say I dislike. When problems do arise their support team has answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to track your video performance and video is a major part of your marketing strategy, Wistia is a must!

Wistia is a great video hosting program with tracking, analytics, and a multitude of customizable features.

Director of Marketing & Media

"Easy to Use Platform for Video Hosting"

What do you like best?

The website is very clean and easy to use. We've never had much trouble with it, and I like that I'm able to replace a video when we have a new version and it will replace it wherever that video is embedded.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I have anything I dislike specifically that's the fault of the platform. Occasionally it will give me trouble as I try to upload a thumbnail for the video (either by not saving my changes, or sometimes rejecting my file size/type) but other than that I don't have any frustrations with Wistia as a video hosting platform.

We host all marketing videos on Wistia and use the provided code to embed them on our landing pages. It's a cleaner look than using YouTube embeds, and provides better stats.

AH

"A product that doesn't work and a team that doesn't care"

What do you like best?

I like it when it works but unfortunately, it barely works. Keeps failing on me, shutting down, recordings getting stripped, not transferring over.

What do you dislike?

1) We had an error where videos were not uploading from Soapbox to Wistia. We went back and forth with their support team and they told me they were not going to fix it. They told me they don't know how to fix it and they told me I was out of luck.

2) I'll record a soapbox video and I'll get an error message that says "Uh oh, recording files are corrupt. We were unable to load the video into our player and in turn, can't move forward with the editing process." what the heck?

3) Customer support - takes them 24-48 hours to actually respond. Not good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are better platforms out there like Vidyard.

I wanted the team to use it to send internal training videos, to send demo videos to sales prospects and to make external and internal communications better. I got a product that was a complete DUD.

IT and Tech Support
Printing

"Customer Service Excellence and a High Quality Product"

What do you like best?

I've always been a huge fan of the heatmaps and statistics. Being able to visually see the engagement is really useful. It allows us to make decisions about video content, video length, and composition.

Update for Nov 2017 -- Still very happy with the service! Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the watcher tracking feature since we don't gate content and it becomes a long list of anonymous viewers. The admin section could use some work on making it easier to quickly take actions or see stats on specific videos with less clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company should be communicating via video and this is a great place to host!

When we initially signed up, this solved a business problem where we helped someone monetize video content without letting a viewer share it to people who haven't paid for the content. More recently, we spent a lot of time moving videos off of YouTube and onto Wistia to control the content and keep our customers on our website.

Internet

"Great Product and Content"

What do you like best?

Easy to use tool with a clean look. You have the ability to fully control your videos, integrate reporting with tools like Pardot, and their website content is created to make your videos better. Lead capture during video plays as well as linking out to additional content is great!

What do you dislike?

Out of the box forms in the video look great, but lack fields we need. We can customize the form with HTML, but would be easier if we could simply add more fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their free trial should give you all the info you need to make a decision.

Hosting videos on our site so that users can engage with the type of media they prefer. It's given us the ability to provide a full experience on our site and host recorded webinars in a professional way vs linking out to youtube.

Marketing Communications Specialist
Machinery

"Video Hosting & Custom Player with all kinds of Fun Integrations"

What do you like best?

I love that Wistia allows you to choose a custom color on the video player that matches your brand! Plus I am able to integrate Wistia with all my other marketing tools. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content. I would highly recommend every user to follow Wistia's blog and learning library for solid content. I have learned how to "up" my game as a marketer using video while following their blog.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to make mention of anything that I dislike about Wistia. They provide outstanding content for all video marketers along with an superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try their free option plan and work to develop a solid video strategy. Then, I would recommend using the heat maps to analyze the videos and maybe go back and tweak your videos for better engagement.

Everything when it comes to sending a message to our target audience during a lead nurturing campaign. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content.

"Awesome easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy for my team to upload and share videos, and I love how easy it is to view stats and detailed info for each video we upload.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've never had any issues that Support couldn't solve, and the platform is really straightforward with a lot under the hood when you need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really easy to use and the culture and support are fantastic.

We have both the Marketing and Customer Success teams using it. So for our marketing, we add product and info videos we host on the site. For CS, we upload individual training videos for customers, and also help center videos. We can also include links to the videos through support tickets using the Zendesk integration, which is awesome.

Director of Marketing

"Best Video Hosting Tool"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly, the best video hosting tool out there in the market. Gives detailed insights on the number of plays, avg. percent watched, the location of the play etc. It's also pretty easy to embed videos on the website, landing pages etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of any. Super happy with the product

We host all our videos on Wistia and embed them on our website, AdWords landing pages, email marketing etc.We are able to track who opened the video, whether a prospect has engaged with the video etc. This helps us improve the video effectiveness

Director Of Communications + Video

"Wistia Rocks #nodoubt"

What do you like best?

Functionality is sleek, high tech, easy to use + way ahead of YouTube + Viimeo. Analytics are clear + easy. Plus their blog is killer. Helped us in early stages of creating video. We are #fans

What do you dislike?

Would love to be able to host even more videos on the freemium version for my personal vlog.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No recommendation other than to simply do it.

Wistia helped us solve a company culture + communication problem - their blogs were our go to when we had no idea what we were doing. We have now created a culture of video communications and it accounts for 90% of all communications and has been a reason for skyrocketing employee engagement. #winwin

The ease of use + speed at which we can upload + distribute helps us get communications out fast + is especially helpful for crisis communications. Their google chrome extension helps us create slick looking emails in a hurry - analytics help us track effectiveness easily. Want to create + distribute awesome video easily?? This is it. #wistiafan

Marketing Automation Strategist | Pardot Evangelist

"Great product, great customer service, amazing results"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Wistia is how easy it is to integrate, both into your website and with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot. I also LOVE the resources they're always sharing that allow those inexperienced with using video to share great content on a low budget. Their customer service has always been super-responsive and friendly, and their company culture and internal videos make me happy and give me hope that if they sometimes struggle to get it right (given their outtakes), it's ok that the rest of us struggle sometimes too.

What do you dislike?

I know they're continuing to work on it, but I wish there was even more integration with Pardot so that we could automate and segment more directly based on interactions with video. However, the reporting that allows us to see how people are interacting is still really valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research, especially with regard to how Wistia and/or competitors compare to YouTube and which content works better on one platform (Wistia) vs YouTube vs both. Moz has some good content on this topic. Also, review Wistia's own resources to see if they deliver the kind of support you need. Finally, be sure to get a demo and have them show you what's possible if you're trying to link Wistia to a marketing automation platform and/or CRM. If you're comparing Wistia with other vendors, make sure you make them walk you through the connection and show you exactly what you'll be able to see and do both in the CRM and/or directly in the marketing automation platform.

We wanted an easy way to display video, from the costly professionally produced content to our internal videos such as client testimonials, and we wanted evidence about whether video was working: bringing us more traffic, promoting engagement, and nudging prospects closer to that sales conversation. Not only have we been able to track the performance of our videos (and which parts of our videos are most effective), hosting the videos on website landing pages and including transcripts (which Wistia can generate at a very reasonable cost), as well as taking advantage of Wistia's SEO site map, we've seen our Google ranking rise. I don't know if that will be true for everyone, but shifting our focus away from YouTube to hosting videos on our own site increased our backlinks and for some of our keywords, moved us to page one.

Videographer

"Wistia: A Great Budding Video Platform"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a growing video platform that puts a focus on giving their customers what they need, with a focus on compatibility embedding their video.

What do you dislike?

At times, the program can seem fairly bare-bones, though new features are added regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Though it's a smaller platform, the customer service is great, the features are growing, and you should give it a try.

Wistia allows our company to upload all of our videos in high quality, and organize them in a great way.

AM

"Awesome Video Hosting AND Solid Community"

What do you like best?

Our company LOVES Wistia! Though it might sound odd to some, as a fellow marketer, I really appreciate Wistia's marketing emails and general approach to customer success. Beyond an incredibly intuitive product interface, Wistia has an awesome community and educational materials that help customers actually make the most of the platform, whether it's instructional videos, quirky blog posts, or quick roundups.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I actively dislike about Wistia. I might prefer a different organizational structure to projects (perhaps a grid view, rather than list).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend Wistia! I've used other video hosting and analytics in the past and non are quite as intuitive or user-friendly. Plus, the brand is just plain fun.

We use Wistia to host our videos, provide analytics, and integrate with our marketing software, HubSpot. We love how simple it is to embed videos in multiple formats (especially popover embed) and customize CTAs to match our brand.

Kate

"Great video hosting platform "

What do you like best?

First off, Wistia as a company provides amazing articles and knowledge on video marketing. Wistia is a great hosting tool that offers easy embed codes for all other programs like Wordpress, etc. Fast upload and download speeds too.

What do you dislike?

It's a little expensive but I think that's what you can expect when using a hosting service like Wistia.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out some of their educational pieces of content around video marketing - very inspiring

Need to host our videos in a private platform that offers embed codes and analytics.

Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategy & Operations
(10,001+ employees)

"Simple but Powerful Video Solution"

What do you like best?

Simple to use with native integration with HubSpot. Real-time analytics provided great insight into our marketing campaigns. Once it's setup there almost no maintenance required that's why I couldn't comment on its support. The user management feature was also very useful, which made this tool easily scaled and be used by different departments in the company.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a "dislike", rather a wish list. The lead gen feature could be further improved. During the time when we were using Wistia, the in-video form didn't allow users to create custom fields. I agree that in-video forms need to be simple and short for conversion or even UI purpose, but it will be great to leave this decision to users for their specific marketing goals and tactics.

Wistia was used not only as our video hosting tool but also as an integrated video marketing solution, which provided great value to our inbound marketing strategy.

VP of Marketing

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Wistia was very easy to use right away, lots of great training videos on their site and overall pretty straightforward. I like the options to add links and especially the carousel which lets us have basically a suite of videos that customers can select from. Other cool features are being able to tag sections in a video so viewers can jump to certain topics.

What do you dislike?

Their website states that the Pro package includes integration with marketing automation systems like HubSpot, however when you try to do that they tell you it's actually half again more expensive, so kind of false advertising and also the value for being able to collect leads and pass them to the marketing system is not as high as they're charging for it, so not worth it and very disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has it's limitations but is easy to use and worth the price. Just be wary of the marketing automations, it is a lot more expensive and unless you're going to use every feature consistently it isn't worth it IMO

We needed a sort of "make your own demo" solution where prospects could choose the topics they are interested in without having to watch a full 5 minute demo. This made it easy and affordable to do so. We tried several options but all had something that didn't work quite as we needed.

Internet & Small Business Mentor

"Perfect For Online Video Hosting & Storage"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a tremendous professional platform for uploading videos to share or host on your blog or website. The customer service is excellent and the platform is very user friendly. , Wistia is a highly affordable system: It offers a free version tailored for starters and small companies, and a painless transition to higher paid plans to support the growth of your activities.

What do you dislike?

The Free version has a limit on the maximum amount of storage you can use, but it's sufficient for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Wistia to anymore needing a simple solution to host videos. The customer service is incredibly helpful. Wistia’s user interface / user experience is really fantastic. It is so simple to use and the training videos explain everything… You can tell that a lot of love has gone into the product. Kudos to the creators!

I am able to host my digital product videos on Wistia, then embed them withing my digital products I create. You-Tube could very well shut your account down at any time...Wistia will never shut you down.

Education Program Operations Manager

"Nearly perfect video hosting solution"

What do you like best?

Wistia is the undisputed video hosting provider. While I only use a fraction of the product features, there are a lot of useful features included with your Wistia subscription that go beyond video hosting. Features include the ability to add calls to action to your videos, collect email address in order to view, video heatmaps and video trends, ability to customize the player, viewer history, and team collaboration among others. Wistia is a reliable platform that just works.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps it is due to the enormous number of videos in my account, but sometimes, I have to upload custom thumbnails a few times before they appear. I do wish there was a way to add folders inside projects as opposed to just sections. Could be better when it comes to organizing videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out all the features available. You may find yourself using (and loving) some features you didn't know exist.

Wistia is a reliable and secure video hosting platform that is drag and drop simple. No need to monkey around with video size to optimize playback as Wistia takes care of all that automatically to ensure smooth playback no matter what device your audience is using to consume your content.

Digital Marketing Manager
Higher Education

"Great professional video platform... but not for everyone"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a great, clean, and professional looking way to embed videos on your website. The ability to add calls-to-action and require users to fill in a lead gen form that integrates with your CRM has powerful implications for content marketing.

What do you dislike?

The price point is waaay steep. Thankfully we were grandfathered in at a more reasonable rate (and with unlimited videos!). The new pricing shuts out a lot of smaller organizations without big budgets dedicated to video marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wistia is a great tool, but it might not be necessary for everyone. If you're just dipping your toes in the video marking pond, all you need is to embed a video on your website, and you don't mind have a little bit of visible YouTube or Vimeo branding, then save your money. But if you think you can get your money's worth out of the extra features that Wistia offers, I don't know of anyone else that is doing what they're doing. Definitely give them a try.

Wistia is a much more professional looking solution than, say, embedding YouTube videos on your site. It also adds some extra customization, powerful analytics, and other snappy tools like CTAs and integrations with other software we use.

Organic Reach Lead

"Wistia one of my absolute favorite companies!"

What do you like best?

Where to even start!?! I feel that I have to mention right off the bat that the company culture of Wistia is outstanding. They are friendly, forward thinking and best of all, they let their quirky attitudes shine through in everything that they do.

The product itself mirrors these same traits! It is simple and user friendly, has power analytics features that let you see how people are interacting with your site and best of all comes at a very reasonable price!

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike about the product. I've never personally had any issues with it and have always been surprised by its versatility and news features added that address any minor complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple and easy to use video hosting solution. This is the company to go with!

This is simple--we have video content and want to control that video content on our own website. While using advanced analytics to determine how to create future content!

Insurance

"Great video interface when you want to avoid youtube"

What do you like best?

We started using Wistia for two reasons: we needed a tool that companies wouldn't block (many companies block youtube access for employees in our industry) and it integrated with our marketing automation system, HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the level of SEO impact that youtube does. It's reporting is ok but limited. It was fine for what we needed though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great alternative to YouTube for video hosting and management but I recommended using it to supplement YouTube, not as a full replacement if deploying a long-term digital marketing strategy. It is helpful to add your team as users with one administrator for easy management of projects and videos. It allowed for better collaboration. I found it worked well with hubspot and Prezi software without a lot of legwork to integrate.

We needed a tool that companies wouldn't block (many companies block youtube access for employees in our industry). It allowed us to create videos that we should send to our clients that were accessible in the workplace without having to get their IT teams involved.

AC

"Great program for video hosting"

What do you like best?

We've used a few video hosting tools, but Wista allows us to gain the most insight into HOW our leads, customers, etc are viewing our videos. We use the HubSpot integration with Wistia to capture valuable information about how much of our videos our leads and customers are watching. It's very powerful!

What do you dislike?

I truly wish that Wista would make a "portfolio" feature, like Vimeo has. We have a lot of videos that we want to point people to, and it would be great for Wistia to have a way for us to host them directly on a portfolio page in their program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program, especially with the integrations that are available. Definitely recommend doing the trial first to see if it works for your company!

We use the HubSpot integration with Wistia to capture valuable information about how much of our videos our leads and customers are watching. It allows us to see who is spending the most time watching our videos and gives us a great talking point when we touch base with the lead or customer!

Owner

"Wistia is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love the control we get with color matching to our websites, the professionally designed interface, sharing features and most importantly the ability to collect user data from the video.

What do you dislike?

Pricing structure. I'd love a reasonably priced unlimited use price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use this product lightly, but we have recommended it to several clients. We also have plans to use it WAY more in the next 30 days.

We love the data collection features.

Vice President, Marketing ~ Demand Generation | Content Marketing | Product Marketing | PR

"Great platform for video marketing."

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to upload a video and get a mobile responsive, HTML5 ready embed code. The videos just work. Additionally, Wistia provides integration with multiple marketing automation platforms to help track video vies and engagement. Additionally, you can gate videos wand ask for information (Emai, etc) to proceed. This pushes right back to your automation platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an ability to more customize videos that have a Turnstile (gated). For example, in some situations i would like to bypass it. The workaround is to make a copy of the video and remove the turnstile.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If video marketing is part of your plans, Wistia is a great platform to not only host but also gain insight into how visitors are interacting with video. If you are want to carry out more automation against different video activities you may want to consider a product such as Vidyard.

We are able to track engagement of our video content and provide a seamless desktop to mobile experience. We can also see how video is helping to drive the sales process.

Digital Marketing Manager
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Love 'em!"

What do you like best?

- their platform is very user-friendly and not complicated

- their video player is reliable and fast

- their support is amazing and gets back to me very quickly with detailed responses

- they are fun as a company

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything but I have to write something so blah blah blah blah blah

We host all of our video content on Wistia. We use this to present our products, our testimonials, etc. We have found that video overviews are engaging for customers, prospect, and internally (like at Town Halls).

Training Department Manager

"User Friendly - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Wistia is super easy to use and manage. Love their training videos and regular email suggestions on how to improve and make engaging videos. I also love their gmail extension that allows you to insert a video thumbnail to any email, making it quick and easy to email specific videos to clients as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had an integration into salesforce available so that we could get the views watched written directly back into our salesforce accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. A solid video hosting site.

We use Wistia to train our customers. We track if they have watched the training videos to know who has completed their training.

Director of Customer Success

"Awesome product, easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

Always easy to use. Simple to upload and manage videos in projects, along with analytics.

What do you dislike?

No problems or issues that I've seen so far! I've been using Wisita for 5 years over two companies and just love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a really great tool that is worth the cost. Super easy to start using and embedding video is simple. Love the detailed reporting also.

It allows us to manage our help center video content, turnstile some videos behind a form, track out help center video views, handle ad hoc training videos and manage our marketing content all at once.

Customer Success Manager, Team Leader
Financial Services

"Might just be thebomb.com"

What do you like best?

Wistia is, firstly, very easy to use. I have a colleague that still has a flip phone and he was able to navigate it without issue. The UI is clean and the features are plentiful without bogging down the works with pointless ones. I have never had a problem uploading or replacing a video, even when my own internet connection is questionable. The customer outreach is impeccable - you don't receive emails just for the sake of reminding you they exist. They always have something practical and helpful to say, especially if you're an online business who relies heavily on video for your CSupport department. I've never been in touch with their customer service. I'm sure they're pretty cool too.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot I don't like about them.

I use wistia to host rolling demonstrations for conferences, FAQ videos, tutorials, internal training videos. When your support team is small and you don't have two heads, sharing helpful videos can save you time and bodies in chairs.

Video Marketing Manager

"Very useful platform"

What do you like best?

The analysis capable is a very useful tool inside Wistia and the possibilty of thml code embebing video is a feature that you cannot find in Youtube and Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

The Call To Action functions, I think they have a limited functions in this feature.

I'm doing all the videomarketing campaing with this platform and I am so happy to use it. It is very powerful.

Front End Web Developer
E-Learning

"Good for Web Developers, Good for Marketing"

What do you like best?

Clean navigation and easy functionality. As a web developer, it is extremely easy to make basic modifications to the video (thumbnail and play button colors) and embed them to any page. And the responsive sizing is such a relief - we can throw it into the page and not have to fuss with it to make it look good! The user experience of the Wistia dashboard also pleases me.

What do you dislike?

Wistia is new to us (we have been using it for at least three months), and I am not the primary user (although I use it, the people who interact with Wistia the most are the video team), but I have not run into any problems. It fits our current needs.

We have a lot of video content that goes on our website, goes on YouTube, and goes to our online courses. The marketing team loves how much data Wistia gathers and presents on the videos, allowing us to make quick data-driven adjustments to our content. Much better than our previous vendor.

Special Projects
Construction

"Wistia Rocks!"

What do you like best?

We started using Wistia to replace youtube and other video services. What we found out is that we received way more than the free services provided. Everything just works, they are on top of 360 videos and 4K content. As simple as it is, one of the coolest things that they do is offer a video update of whats new every month at the login screen. I wish everyone did this. I never miss updates or cool new features with them. If you use video in your business marketing you owe it to yourself to check them out.

What do you dislike?

After using Wistia for 2 years I can't think of a single thing that I dislike about them. They really do video hosting right!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try, if you have a hosting need for marketing videos you're going to love them.

My original concern was ads from the free video services. I still laugh when I see a competitor using youtube videos and at the end you see suggestion videos that are inappropriate or for another competitor. I'm really glad they are not smart enough to move their video platform to Wisitia. Since we started using Wistia the biggest problem I've been able to resolve is the ability to replace videos anytime and not have to use an new URL. With the advanced analytics you can start over with the new video or for a minor change you can keep the analytics going. If they still have the free trial, give it a shot and see what you have been missing.

Creative Manager
Hospitality

"Great business video hosting service that rivals YouTube with tons of extras"

What do you like best?

Love how easy and fun this user interface is to use. I have been able to get multiple co-workers to use this with little to no hand-holding unlike other platforms we have used in the past. The videos look great in the players (branded or not) and the feature rich customization just adds to the list of reasons we have been using this platform over any other.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I don't like about this service. Honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. Just sign up for the free trial and test it for yourself like I did and you will see that they are amazing.

We used Youtube for a majority of our video hosting and sharing but found that the excessive commercials and ads just took away from the experience we wanted on our website. So I did some research and took a shot with Wistia after reading a bunch of reviews. I am extremely glad I did. I have moved almost all of our library over and plan to move the rest in the coming months.

Another benefit is the free guidance and classes/education Wistia gives away on video production and marketing. They deliver their monthly newsletter and at times daily emailed classes that really give you a lot of inside information on making your videos look better and how to market them to get a better outreach and view count. Really can't say enough about this company and their product.

General Manager
Design

"Wistea, fresh, cool, easy and always going the extra mile!"

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the players, the continual tutorials and helps and the analytics all make Wistea our go to Video Hosting service.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had more ability to create responsive feedback from viewers, like testing, rating, fill in blanks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Wistea. We first engaged them watching many tutorials and using their free trial account to confirm our initial desire to purchase. Their pricing is very attractive and customer service is unbeatable. That to me is probably one of the most important features to my company.

We are a leading tech based law office, serving Workers Comp Defense throughout the entire state of California. With nearly 100 employees and 10 offices scattered throughout the State, dozens of remote workers and 2 international offices we rely heavily on Video to continually train and update our attorneys and staff. Now with both expansion of our legal practices and promotion of our proprietary software, we are developing web video for viral marketing which Wistea is our go to resource for not only hosting, but fresh ideas and techniques in shooting and producing video. Wistea rocks!