Microsoft Exchange

Microsoft Exchange Online provides hosted email, calendar and contacts on your PC, phone and web browser.

Work for Microsoft Exchange?

Learning about Exchange?

Microsoft Exchange Reviews

Showing 48 Exchange reviews
Exchange review by Connor Y.
Connor Y.

"Strong email and calendar server for large businesses "

What do you like best?

I spend a good portion of my day on my email and on my calendar -- responding to emails, scheduling meetings, and keeping tabs on my to do list. This tool has pretty much anything you could need for managing your inbox and your calendar. I especially like the new feature to schedule emails to be sent in the future.

What do you dislike?

I have one major gripe with microsoft exchange -- when I filter my inbox to unread, and then remove the filter, it always marks the first email selected as read. This is incredibly inconvenient can cause an email to be "lost" in my inbox, as I like to keep emails unread if I have not attended to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into pricing

Any email and calendar software solves large communication problems in organizations, helping employees coordinate and communicate with each other, as well as external stakeholders. It allows us all to do our jos.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Exchange
Exchange review by Lisandro T. G.
Lisandro T. G.

"I am the administrator of the mail server"

What do you like best?

It is easy to administer, create accounts, configure email connections, the connection via web http and activate sync by tablet and cell phones is an excellent tool, and easy to set them.

What do you dislike?

it is not so easy to install from scratch, you have to do many steps and look for errors online, at least until the 2010 version. I have not installed the most recent one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

previously note the expansion capabilities when buying the standard version and enterprice, by the number of databases for the mailboxes, the standard manages 4 databases nothing else, and the other is to take into account the width of band for the maximum output capacity of the emails, if you put it too high it can take up a lot of disk space, and collapse the IO.

have a personalized mail server with independent reception capabilities, and if I do not receive an email because of its weight, I can increase the ability to enter easily, and then re-adjust it as it was. if you have a limit of 15mb by mail for all mailboxes, you can increase it to 30mg and that's it, which you can not do with a public one.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Exchange review by Administrator

"Best integration with Active Directory. It is not just simple but fast."

What do you like best?

MS Exchange 2013 is well-suited for managing emails and meetings. I feel that's where it really good. it gives us absolute control of both the architecture of our Exchange environment.

Integration with Microsoft Outlook and mobile devices . There's no better product in the business if you use Microsoft Office, period.Simple user management. It's easy to create, delete, and move mailboxes & distribution lists

What do you dislike?

Cost. Exchange running is very expensive, both in terms of hardware costs and especially software costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this service found visibility of each and every communication.Deployment and configuration not easy. Need expert to solve any issues

Being a courier service, our core business is depending on it, so it is at the heart of keeping us organized and in touch. If a meeting wasn't scheduled (and accepted) on our Exchange calendar, then it's not a legitimately booked meeting.

Exchange review by Kharis A.
Kharis A.

"Organizing ninja! "

What do you like best?

I love that it is an extremely efficient and powerful server! Love how exchange links multiple accounts together into one platform. Organizes very well!

What do you dislike?

Might come across a security issue given the easy log in of important accounts onto multiple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend to improvise workflow, and for a person that needs to organize multiple accounts with secure information in one device, such as a mobile phone. It is a very secure server, and can definitely be trusted at all times.

Calendar, email, appointments,scheduling assistant, prompt syncing storing and archiving only to name a few! It organizes everything in one platform.

Exchange review by Chelsea P.
Chelsea P.

"Schedules, messages, and info all in one place"

What do you like best?

Microsoft exchange is an easy way to send invites, exchange messages, loop in numerous staff at one time, and keep organized.

What do you dislike?

Some things get sorted into junk that are not actually junk and vice versa; I think exchange needs a better sorting process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy to use and universal product. Most other people we work with also use it; this makes scheduling very easy.

We are able to sync our events and meetings easily to our personal calendars just through accepting an invite in exchange. It is also an easy way to organize past and present conversations.

Exchange review by User in Design
User in Design

"Awesome mail client"

What do you like best?

I love the interface and how easy it is to use and get used to. We use this mail client at my job and everyone seems to have a pretty easy time with it. Highly recommend it to any business or individual looking to keep their emails organized!

What do you dislike?

I've experienced a lot of glitches with the search bar. There have been plenty of times where I tried searching for something that I know is in the mailbox and nothing would come up. When I searched manually, it was there.

I think one major benefit is that everyone in the company uses the same mail client. This makes it easier for IT to keep everyone's issues resolved in a timely manner as well as new employees getting trained and used to using Exchange. It's very easy to integrate with the iPhone's mail app or to use on the Exchange mobile app.

Exchange review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I'm very impressed with the functionality, reliability and performance with Exchange 2013"

What do you like best?

I like the new web management console you can manage it from any workstation without installing any client software

What do you dislike?

5 databases limit for Standard Edition

It does not come with Build in Spam Filter

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always love Exchange Server on-premises. Your email data is completely within your sight, so you know where it is, as well as who is accessing it. You control all security within your environment. Speed of access is often more favorable with on-site scenarios, as the infrastructure is close to the user base

My organization has been using Exchange 2013 for 2 years and I must say that it has improved our Email communication drastically. Exchange 2013 is much more secure than other Email Servers as well.

All my users can access their corporate email/calendar/contacts via Outlook Web Access and via Activesync anywhere in the world.

Exchange review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Microsoft Exchange is good to me"

What do you like best?

We can see the availability of conference rooms on any given day and at any given time, which greatly improves our ability to schedule meetings with other co-workers and avoid scheduling conflicts.

What do you dislike?

When the details for a meeting change several times in a short period, as can happen when someone has trouble booking a room, or working within the availability of all the attendees, many messages are received and it's annoying and hard to understand what's going on.

We are able to set up meetings easily and able to see which rooms may or may not be available without interfering with other teams.

Exchange review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Great for email and calendaring"

What do you like best?

I like the appearance and ease of use for both the email and calendar features. The email is speak and easy to use, the calendar is visually appealing. Being able to share my calendar is a useful feature. Also I could not use this product without the multiple accounts feature, which I really appreciate.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the calendar had more color and time feature options but what is available is suitable. Also, I sometimes have difficulty seeing events I have been invited to and sharing event invites with others. For example, when I accept an event, I can no longer view it in my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you take the time to properly set up multiple accounts if you have them. Also make sure to link your email to calendar. Both take time to do properly but the syncing features are well worth it.

Sharing calendars and maintaining multiple email accounts at once.

Exchange review by Kelsey P.
Kelsey P.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Our work email/calendar functions are through Exchange. This works well for our organization, as you are not limited to logging into these systems on just one device. It's great for working remotely.

What do you dislike?

Web mail through Exchange can be slow to load sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you consult with your organization's knowledge base or IT team if you need help accessing the Exchange server remotely from a device that is not your normal work device. This can be a multi-step process depending on your organization's setup.

I can access my work email and calendar remotely, which adds tremendously to my job flexibility.

Exchange review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Microsoft Exchange Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to connect to my phone so I'm able to sync my calendar and contacts seamlessly. The set up is clear, concise and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's not as user friendly as expected; I've had some issues in the past with calendar invites not working properly.

All meeting and important documents are exchanged through Microsoft Exchange. The email set up allows me to easily connect with coworkers any time during the day.

Exchange review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Excellent Email Experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to organize the emails I receive. Easy to set up a signature. Easy to collaborate with other professionals.

What do you dislike?

It occasionally crashes on my windows computer

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look up tutorials if you need to!

Communication, collaboration

Exchange review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"LOVE IT! Great upgrade from Lotus Notes"

What do you like best?

We've been a bit behind the times here using Lotus Notes, so this was such a welcome upgrade. The functionality is fantastic! I love the integration with all of the Microsoft suite of products - word, excel, etc. and working from home has never been easier.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools aren't as intuitive (e.g., the auto-responder) so searching and finding and learning the tools takes a bit longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great switch from Notes - welcome to the 21st Century!

Sharing documents is much easier, maintaining schedules and the integration of Skype within the system helps us to know when someone is online and provides quick opportunities to communicate, without the formalities of email, while still having written record you can refer to, unlike phone calls.

Exchange review by User

"Review of Microsoft Exchange"

What do you like best?

Exchange is a standard email and calendar system that houses all of my email in a fairly organized manner. I don't think it's the most user friendly or advanced system, but it does the basics that an email program should be able to do. It's relatively easy to use and share the calendar function.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the inbox is organized. I find the program basic. I think it lacks some of the high quality features that other platforms offer.

Microsoft Exchange offers a simple platform for managing email and calendars. It's basic and gets the job done.

Exchange review by Werner M.
Werner M.

"Review of Microsoft Exchange "

What do you like best?

Consistent and reliable email services loaded with features.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to configure with other software.

It provides a solid and reliable email service.

"Sufficient "

What do you like best?

The accessibility for everyone at our institution. It's set up as an expectation therefore it actually works to schedule. If they only partially enforced it it wouldn't work.

What do you dislike?

A little tedious when you're on a phone or iPad. Not user friendly for mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're willing to go all in this might be a worthwhile product but don't half-way use the program. Everyone needs to be involved.

Alleviating the many e-mails it takes to schedule meetings and being able to see how busy your coworkers are on given days when you're looking to set up consistent scheduling for teams such as weekly meetings.

Exchange review by Carly S.
Carly S.

"Functionality is key "

What do you like best?

The calendar & to do task functions were the most helpful in my everyday use of email

What do you dislike?

The way the emails are viewed on your search bar, hard to tell if old

Or new sometimes

I solved attention to minor details by being able to tab a lot of emails specifically to my to do list

Exchange review by Administrator

"The best mail server software"

What do you like best?

The DAG structure is very useful. It provides high availability. The biggest advantage of Outlook Exchange. A very successful mail client application.

What do you dislike?

No reporting feature. You have to use a reporting tool. You also need different products for log analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exchange server software. Exchange powershell is very helpful. Address book management, user management is very successful. Integrates with Active Directory

It allows all users to communicate with each other via mail. Meetings can also be set. Meeting rooms management and resource management can be done.

Exchange review by User

"Best for Professional and Academic environments"

What do you like best?

Good Interface to scroll through emails. It also has as an app which is very convenient to use and access anytime.

What do you dislike?

Referring to mail thread is less comfortable compared to gmail. Sometimes replying back to sender/senders feels like a hassle.

Communication is easier and acces to information is quicker within organisations.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Love the versatility! This is a great program not just for mail, but reminders, meeting and appointment scheduling, and includes options to select a meeting room for your functions.

What do you dislike?

Not much! This is a great user friendly program! Maybe spruce up the graphics?

See above. We heavily rely on this program as a company - both at our large Magnet status hospital and our many off-site outpatient clinics, laboratories, and radiology offices.

"A great email source"

What do you like best?

This email source is excellent and I use it for all my communications. It links well with window products and can allow for fast and easy communication

What do you dislike?

It does not work well with mac computers and I have found it to be very hard and formatted differently with this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it easier to work with mac and Apple products

It is great if you want to interconnect your work place or school, for easy of sending invitations and scheduling.

Exchange review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Microsoft Exchange is awesome"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Help feature is easy to access. The software is self explanatory. The software makes the transference of emails easy as Exchange works in partnership with Outlook. Emails are populated correctly and timely and work well with corporate email accounts and servers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Exchange is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is an excellent addition to your company.

Easy transfer of info. Fewer calls for tech support. Decrease in staff frustration and increase in staff productivity.

Exchange review by G2 User in Publishing
G2 User in Publishing

"It's convenient, but it doesn't always work as expected."

What do you like best?

I like getting email on multiple devices, and being able to use Microsoft Office on multiple devices through work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the strong slant to use OneDrive, which was a bit too clunky for file sharing. I've also had problems signing in, although this might be a problem with IT at my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's especially good for email and calendar support across multiple devices.

It allows me to have email and Office across multiple devices. That's a big plus.

"excellent for business"

What do you like best?

exchange offers a great way for me to collaborate with my other co-workers on the same network and to quickly exchange files and send emails with unlimited storage

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike about it, occasionally compatibility with my MacBook and iPhone requires some finessing for it to properly function.

I use exchange mainly for online document storage at my firm along with hosting my firms email. it is also great for setting up appointments with my supervising attorney and colleagues.

Exchange review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy Work email organizer"

What do you like best?

I love how we can effortlessly email coworkers, plan and schedule meetings, and merge them with our calendars.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is hard to merge this account onto an iPhone.

Not applicable

Exchange review by Jevgenijs S.
Jevgenijs S.

"A really useful tool for integrating Microsoft business tools and devices"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Exchange greatly simplifies interaction between different tools and devices that use Microsoft platform.

What do you dislike?

It is only good for Microsoft services. I think Google apps is more generalizable. Oracle Linux is even stronger alternative.

Synching email and calendar across PC and portable devices (phones, tablets)

Exchange review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Microsoft Exchange Server for business"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Exchange provides all of the feautres an organisation requires for communications. With a familar office product, Microsoft Outlook, all of our staff are able to use all features of Outlook / Exchange without any difficulty. Exchange has a great managment interface and also the ability to use PowerShell to automate common tasks.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the requirements, Exchange can be challenging to setup correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a Hyribd setup with Exchange Online.

The ability to communcate with staff, customers and the rest of the workd via a modern day platform

Exchange review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Love it "

What do you like best?

What I like best is that it is so easy to use, it allows you to be organized, and allows you to communicate with coworkers as well as clients very easily.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Microsoft exchange/outlook, it works just how I want it to.

It allows me to stay up to date with project deadlines using the calendar, but also helps me to archive emails with clients so nothing gets lost.

Exchange review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"My favorite for collaboration internally"

What do you like best?

Exactly the same program as Outlook but allows your to share your calendar easily with a set group, department or individual. Easy in/out of office replies.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had better integration for companies that use google services as well and a better web interface for on the go remote users that can’t download the software.

Sharing calendars and an email solution

Exchange review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Adjusting to the change to 2010"

What do you like best?

I like the visual setup of the exchange. The extensive capabilities and access anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The search feature seems off at times. Difficult for me to find things. I did not previously have that problem with the old exchange.

Access to email on the go. Better communication with staff

Exchange review by Kati S.
Kati S.

"Work use of Microsoft Exchange"

What do you like best?

The ability to login easily and access my email for work

What do you dislike?

The out of office settings were semi difficult to update on a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works perfectly for checking emails and your outlook calendar.

I used this when I was out of office from work and needed to access my email from my phone or laptop

"Smooth service "

What do you like best?

I like the efficiency of this email platform. Very few problems and great customer service.

What do you dislike?

If you have an issue on the weekends, sometimes CS can be slow to get back to you.

It’s the platform we use for campus mail, so we all pretty much know what each other’s email addresses are, they are easy to remember

Exchange review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy to use mail & calendaring server"

What do you like best?

Easy and convenient mail and calendaring server. Helps to manage email and work calendars from home/offsite. Email forwarding feature is helpful. Great Email signature customization

What do you dislike?

Hard to access voicemail from app/offsite computer. Unable to change email signature off network.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Email forwarding feature is helpful. Great Email signature customization

Ability to access work emails and calendar away from the office.

Exchange review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Needs a more intuitive interface"

What do you like best?

I use it as my everyday email, calendar and contact manager. Nothing special

What do you dislike?

I think the interface is not intuitive at all

Communication, time management.

Exchange review by Mariangelli O.
Mariangelli O.

"Good"

What do you like best?

If network is setup properly by administrator then Exchange works great!

What do you dislike?

Disconnects a lot and takes too long to sync

communication between sites

Exchange review by G2 User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 User in Marketing and Advertising

"it's not apple but ok"

What do you like best?

it's usually pretty fast but often is slow as well.

What do you dislike?

it can be slow - I often need to refresh my email in order to see new things - comes through on the phone faster though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's fine for email but not many bells and whistles.

we use it as our email server - it is a bit antiquated but does the job.

Exchange review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Microsoft Exchange Dominates"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Microsoft Exchange is the ability to share your appointment calendars. This way you can plan meetings accordingly to make sure everyone is available to join.

What do you dislike?

What Microsoft Exchange is missing is the feature to provide a signup list on an event. It's great to send out an invitation. But there isn't a common location to posts comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Microsoft Exchange as the email management of choice. Our business relies heavily on Microsoft Exchange to keep our design teams connected via email, calendar & contacts.

The sharing of Contacts & Calendar items are crucial to working effectively to manage our design process. Otherwise, everyone will end up having their own set of printouts of their contacts & calendar appointments.

Exchange review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Microsoft Exchange"

What do you like best?

Syncs your calendar, contacts, and email with your phone or tablet while you are on the go.

What do you dislike?

It can drain your battery on some devices very quickly if you have it set up to sync too often or too much data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Each iteration gets better and easy to use. Streamlines your integration of email, calendar, and contacts between your desktop and handheld devices.

Being able to access calendar, contacts, and emails while away from your desktop computer. Keeps you connected on the go.

"Microsoft Exchange"

What do you like best?

Fast access to email, calendars and search for older emails

What do you dislike?

Everything looks fine to me, I love it and don’t see negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use

Communication

Exchange review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"The corporate email management system to beat"

What do you like best?

It is the gold standard for corporate email communication, and thus has built-in Blackberry support for secured corporate email, iPhone/iPad support, and is accessible from many other platforms and environments. It has pretty solid security and has been in every corporate environment I've encountered, and will remain that way until Google Apps or some upstart has better features/stability.

What do you dislike?

It can be sluggish at times. Sometimes cached exchange mode is required for plugins like XOBNI, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's basically a necessary business expense. Try to set it up so you can have cached exchange mode and backups in place for old emails. Instruct users on how to use local PST data stores so that the Exchange mailboxes don't get over 2 GB since there is a considerable performance drain at that level.

Exchange review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Nothing beats it in the corporate world"

What do you like best?

Calendar share, Ipad support, internal and external security. It is the complete corporate solution.

What do you dislike?

Complicated for us to host ourselves. So we outsource it which cost us some money. (But worth it!)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes - do it. If you think it is difficult to host or manage - outsource it to office 365 or any number of other providers. It's worth it!

Email, team collaboration and communication.

Exchange review by Jaken H.
Jaken H.

"Awesome fluidity"

What do you like best?

In a word, fluidity. The reminders and calendars that you create sync so quickly to my iPhone that it is almost unreal.

What do you dislike?

On certain models, when a notification is received, the window hovers over the screen for a little too long.

Simple emails out to clients and others within my workplace.

Exchange review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Adequate, Not Ideal"

What do you like best?

Allows employees to connect to our company email server when not at the office. They also have a lot of security and data protection components, which is nice for businesses.

What do you dislike?

It is slow and unreliable. Logs me out too frequently. Kind of pricey if you have a lot of employees and need unlimited storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider exploring other options (such as Gmail). Exchange is just a bit of a headache to deal with.

Exchange review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Industry Standard"

What do you like best?

Has all the necessary features for most all businesses. Most businesses use it. All my users seem to like it (expect a small few). Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We use Exchange Online and one big thing for us is that we wish the Distribution lists were more like mailing lists that have a history and archive to look at past discussions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around and pick what is best for your company.

Exchange review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Cumbersome"

What do you like best?

It's good for communication between employees when we're out of the office. Especially with Blackberries.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow and clunky and at times I am randomly logged out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe try something else. It's a bit pricey and not all that reliable.

Exchange review by Susan K.
Susan K.

"Why is this necessary? Everything you need is already out there"

What do you like best?

Have used it briefly and really don't see the need to pay for an additional tool

What do you dislike?

Cost and need - think this is another MS requirement that we don't need. Freeware is much more functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it but I don't see the point.

Exchange review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Business Collaboration Standard"

What do you like best?

This is obviously the standard of service for email and business collaboration tools. Email has become critical in our business and is run by Exchange.

What do you dislike?

You sometimes have to love what you hate--that's the case with Exchange. It is a bear to administer and requires A LOT of horsepower to run it. We are looking at moving it to a hosted service to make it easier and more available.

The licensing is HORRIBLE! Very confusing and very little help from M$.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at hosting it on-line first--do a ROI first.

Exchange review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"A pain and waste of time and money!"

What do you like best?

Not applicable

What do you dislike?

After we evaluated what our servers, licensing, I.T. resources time, issues of dealing with being blacklisted. Exchange is exorbitantly time and cost consuming than other cloud based options like google gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try gmail first.

Learning about Microsoft Exchange?

* We monitor all Microsoft Exchange reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.