Vagaro

Vagaro.com is a website that allows users to find salons and spa in their local area and make appointment online with them.

Work for Vagaro?

Learning about Vagaro?

Vagaro Reviews

Ask Vagaro a Question
Showing 19 Vagaro reviews
Vagaro review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Easy to use with loads of options! "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Vagaro is the client-facing online scheduling. It is extremely simple for my clients to use and easy for me to edit if needed.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the reports were a bit more inclusive. Maybe I just haven't found exactly what I needed, but I would love to see more customized reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do your research! Write out all of your 'must-haves' and your 'nice to have' for your business and see how this software compares to others. I made the mistake of not doing enough research prior to the launch of my company and I have wasted hundreds of dollars in changing platforms, retraining my staff, and just finding the right 'fit'. From someone that has been in the salon/spa industry for over 10 years, this product seems to be the most inclusive I've ever used!!

I have melded my marketing, scheduling, POS, and notifications into one software. Prior to this software, I had multiple platforms for each individual aspect of my business. Vagaro seems to have everything I need, for less the price than all of the services individually.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Vagaro
Vagaro review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"Love this schedule! "

What do you like best?

It's so simple to book appointments and keep track of clients formula and previous appointments. This database is so necessary for my business

What do you dislike?

I dont like the website structure and how easily it switches me out of settings for my business to "being a client" I think there should be a vagaro pro website that has no connection to a vagaro site that is strictly for clients that are looking for vagaro service providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a help page for vagaro professionals for answers to questions and where to find certain settings

Vagaro has made note taking so simple and spacious for me to put as many notes as I need to while categorizing and automatically dating them. Also I love the simplicity of my service menu

What Spa Management solution do you use?

Vagaro review by Alyn C.
Alyn C.

"Nice and easy scheduler for our massage therapist"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the different colors on this scheduling system. I think that it's pretty easy to see your appointments and to look at your customers. You can jump to certain dates very easily and you can block out days. You can also check who is in today which can be useful for quick information.

What do you dislike?

I really do not enjoy the days at top where it goes +1, so on and so forth. I feel there are many better ways of doing this. They system is slow, and there are some extra features that are not really needed that kind of get in the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you do have many people on the same scheduling system, this could be very helpful to you. Especially if you want reports and lists right at your fingertips.

Since we are online receptionists who schedule for this massage therapist, it is nice to have blocked out times, the different colors for the different therapists/massages, and be able to skip through dates to make sure we minimize errors and have the best and quickest scheduling times.

Vagaro review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Gets the job done for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

I like that Vagaro is easy to use on desk top, mobile and tablet. I bounce between all three throughout the day with seamless transition. The fact that it's web based is huge since I can check in from home or while I'm on the go. Automated reminders and confirmations also make my life so much easier!

What do you dislike?

The checkout process can be a bit cumbersome, In a fast-paced environment with check outs in close succession, I could see this being a problem. The biggest annoyance for me here is the requirement to enter what type of credit card the customer used. I know it seems small, but having one more thing you need to specify at check out can be a pain. Also the requirement to say what type of customer it is (returning, new, etc) should be an option, not a requirement. For me, as a one-woman show, it still works for what I need. In a busy salon with multiple service providers all checking out at the same desk, these little things could really slow down the check out process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price point, Vagaro really does have a great selection of features and capabilities. Both the business app and the customer app are pretty intuitive and easy to use. Some features (memberships, online sales, etc) are only available through if you sign up for their merchant services, and they charge a monthly fee to sync with Quickbooks. Not deal breakers, but definitely things to take into consideration.

Since I'm in business for myself and do not have a front desk staff, Vagaro's automated confirmations and reminders are invaluable to me. I love that I''m able to modify the messages that accompany these automated emails/texts and the frequency in which they are sent.

Vagaro review by Jen T.
Jen T.

"Best salon software"

What do you like best?

I love how Vagaro is an all in one platform for my salon. It hosts my website, online booking, appointment books, inventory, credit card processing, detailed reports and accounting.

I won't budge from using this software. And it's the just affordable I have found.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were 1 fix, when I'm adding multiple services to 1 client, and it needs to be changed or rescheduled, I cannot do them all at once. I did need to move each service individually. It's not a bad thing , just the only complaint I have for them

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have referred other stylists and salons to try Vagaro's free month trial, and they have all joined.

I free up my days off with their online booking services! My clients love how easy the site and apps are to use. I am not always juggling phone calls and texts anymore

Vagaro review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Clean, simple scheduling for your salon!"

What do you like best?

Ease of scheduling a client, and the tag that you can assign that client (like if they’re new, returning, referral, etc).

What do you dislike?

Nothing; it’s the best salon software I’ve used. I have used five other companies, and all of them I had something to gripe about; I’m shocked I don’t have anything negative to say about Vagaro — it’s been a great switch!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it — you will not regret it! It changed my life when it comes to booking clients and keeping the salon organized.

We’ve been solving the issue of time management. Vagaro has such a clean interface, that it makes our lives much easier, and quicker so that we can spend more time behind the chair than in front of the computer.

Vagaro review by User in Alternative Medicine
User in Alternative Medicine

"If only they would add soap notes...and other things...."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize my service options and have the ability to host an online store.

What do you dislike?

I wish Vagaro had a better time clock, scheduling for non-service providers, SOAP notes, and a better online storefront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a more comprehensive system, look into something like MindBody. I haven't made the switch because it's a ton of work and I keep holding out hope that they will implement the features I need.

I am able to access the schedule the 24/7 and I was able to drop one additional service I was paying for (an online store). I have enjoyed having a cloud-based system that is constantly being updated.

Vagaro review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Surprisingly Easy"

What do you like best?

Not only can you view 9 stylists's schedules at once, keep a full database of clients with advance internal notes on their services and products, and generate reports but you can also manage inventory to the point of automatic purchase orders sent to vendors!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can't merge client's profiles so you may not realize there are pertinent notes that could avoid surprises or issues.

It provides easy accessibility and and convienence in a catch-all program so you don't need any other platforms.

Vagaro review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Vagaro is a great time saver"

What do you like best?

This app had been a great addition to services for clients. It is easy to access and understand. Previously, there were many questions consumers had about products and services, but Vagaro has brought clarity and increased staff productivity

What do you dislike?

Updating information, seems to have serious lag time. The interface itself could also be a lot smoother on an aesthetic level

Vagaro provides clients with the ability to access services, and has made bundling services easier to use than the previous website my salon was using

Vagaro review by carolina s.
carolina s.

"its a ok program with some bugs"

What do you like best?

I only use it for appointment scheduling and marketing email . I don't use it as Payment processing.

I like that it sends txt and email reminder to client of their appointments

What do you dislike?

it often goes down during business hours and there is no back up

Recommendations to others considering the product

its ok not the best

scheduling client, sending promotion emails

Vagaro review by User

"Happy Long Time Customer"

What do you like best?

I love that I can manager my client appointments, reward points, email marketing and CC processing all in one!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that fact that there is no automated follow up email or text for each individual client instead of making it a marketing campaign to everyone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Massage therapists really need SOAP notes and online forms for clients to fill out virtually, and the ability to split packages between multiple people

Online booking, gift certificates, discounts and calculations on products

Vagaro review by Kyli H.
Kyli H.

"Makes life easier! "

What do you like best?

How easy the software is to use on the stylist side, the layout is understandable and attractive.

What do you dislike?

The online version for clients to book is difficult to use.

Managing clientele and appointments.

Vagaro review by Cariann S.
Cariann S.

"Reliable & Affordable"

What do you like best?

Easy to customize services and schedule.

What do you dislike?

There’s really nothing that I dislike. It’s reliable, customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable software with little down time.

Having an online scheduler allows me to be able to spend more time with clients instead of on the phone, playing phone tag, trying to get clients scheduled.

Vagaro review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Salon multitasker "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to book appointments from anywhere and that I can check overall sales with ease.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the app gets a little glitchy and moves a little slower than I’d like.

No real problems solved other than being able to book clients. Being able to check sales and set goals is a big benefit though.

Vagaro review by Administrator

"Online Scheduling for Salons"

What do you like best?

Customers easily can schedule or request an appointment. It is easy to set up and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Customer management needs some work. I would like to see an option that lets you archive clients. The only option is to delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vagaro is perfect for users wanting to start their business with online scheduling.

I am easily able to track clients information, appointment history and formulas as well.

Vagaro review by Beth R.
Beth R.

"Excellent, easy to use app"

What do you like best?

Facility of use, always functions, never has issues

What do you dislike?

I have to search for a business every time instead of it saving the businesses I frequent regularly.

I’m able to make appointments for myself and other quickly and easily through Vagaro

Vagaro review by Patricio H.
Patricio H.

"great software"

What do you like best?

easy to use very and short learning curve.

What do you dislike?

web port for external customer to pick their own schedule

having a great schedule

Vagaro review by Administrator

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can access from phone. Can book and cancel clients from your phone

What do you dislike?

No complaints It’s easy to use and cares

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Can access from your phone

Can book or cancel clients on the go.

Vagaro review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"One of the best salon softwares available"

What do you like best?

I love the easily accessible client list and how easy it is to make double booked appointments.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little on the expensive side but worth the money

We’re able to better assist customers by being able to double book.

Learning about Vagaro?

* We monitor all Vagaro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.