StratEx Reviews & Product Details

What is StratEx?

eStratEx is an integrated payroll, HR and benefits technology and administrative services solution. We offer a “friction-free” employment services platform that is backed by specialists who act as HR innovators, proactive customer advocates and strategic business partners.

StratEx Screenshots

1-16 of 16 total StratEx reviews

StratEx Reviews

1-16 of 16 total StratEx reviews

"Not a good for fit "

What do you like best?

Stratex's report writer meets our needs and is easy to work with. We have made many custom reports that we edit regularly. I also like their onboarding wizard. Their workflow makes onboarding new hires streamlined for HR and provides a nice experience for new employees.

What do you dislike?

Stratex's customer service is often swamped so it takes a while to get answers. Some basic payroll features like having one max deferral limit for both regular pre-tax and Roth 401k deductions are not reliable. Their sales team over promised on several features like point in time reporting and integration with single sign on providers.

We have given our employees a self service platform to view their payroll data. It also manages our handful of non-exempt employees well by providing an integrated timesheet synced to payroll.

Lead Community Resource Navigator
Professional Training & Coaching

"User Friendly, Updates make it better"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate through with the newest updates. Everything you need is within easy to find categories. I also love how the new updates have increased the ease of entering expense reports. It is also great to see everything laid out in front of you for Time Away From Work, it is easy to see where all of your hours are and request time off.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are cumbersome. In timesheets you cannot alter any details if you clone your previous week's hours, this is annoying when you have only one day that is different from the previous week.You also cannot edit requests for Time Away From Work after submitting them, I have to request my manager deny the request if I make a mistake and start over. Benefits are also difficult to work out at times. There are several places where you can find information about benefits and it is annoying to search through several areas to find the information. It's sometimes difficult to find the correct sign in page unless I am on my normal computer with the bookmarked page. There are no markers for which page you are on until you attempt to sign in.

It is much easier to complete timesheets for hourly workers in eStratex and it is more efficient.

AH

"StratEx does it all for a fraction of the costs."

What do you like best?

Perhaps the best things about StratEx is their support. Through implementation and the start of using their software, the entire process has gone as smoothly as on boarding 300+ people over multiple locations can go because of their team and their support. Secondly, their web-based UI is top notch. Any functionality you could hope for is built right in.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say there was one think I don't like - which is a stretch - I'd have to give it to their initial implementation documents that had me only slightly confused at first about "levels", "positions", "roles," etc. I am mostly to blame for this because I didn't have the best understanding of terminology. I do now! Because their support is incredible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a new HR software or new HR partner, we evaluated - for 30 days - all the major players in the field. And, hands down, StratEx brings everything to the table that the other players bring plus a robust support system and an incredibly innovative, customer-centric team that is always improving their product based on the customer needs.

We came off of a PEO - which gave us little HR administration control, costs a lot of money, and had slow, antiquated software.

Corporate Controller
Medical Practice

"Stratex is great."

What do you like best?

I have used Stratex for two years. When I recently switched jobs, I drove the decision to switch from ADP to Stratex because of my past experience. The customer support is the best I've experienced and I've used ADP and PayChex. The team is easy to work with, responds to my questions or requests timely and thoroughly. The software is easy to use from both the Payroll, HR and Employee perspectives. I really like all the audit reports available to me (easily downloadable to excel) which help me to ensure quality and complete processing of information. The employee center is user friendly and has an abundance of tools. I particularly like the email feature; being able to send out messages and files to the entire employee base as well as require electronic signature on important communications.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I'd like to see changed has to do with the PTO part of the system. Occasionally, an employee will be setup with an incorrect PTO program by our user. We are able to easily change to the correct PTO rule; however, the old rule still shows up as a 'historical' plan and we have to manually transfer the data from the incorrect plan to the correct plan.

Additionally, when an employee decides not to take PTO; you can easily cancel the request on the PTO side but you have to remember to go to the time sheet and delete the PTO entry independantly. I wish this was automatic.

However, none of this is difficult to handle. The software makes it easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended! The customer services is what you would expect from a boutique payroll provider couples with the technology needed for diverse and sometimes complex needs.

Stratex is by far the easiest payroll / hr software that I have experience with. Payroll processing is easy to follow and easy to execute. I don't experience long wait times trying to get someone to help me with issues or questions. The navigation in the system is intuitive and therefore very user friendly for our employees. This product has reduced the stress associated with the payroll process significantly. Highly recommended!

In the future, we would like to slowly roll out the other tools available: Performance Mgmt, Benefits, and Recruiting.

"Easy System to Learn and Great Service Reponse"

What do you like best?

I love the service from the service and project specialists. The turn-around time on requests are unbelievable and they really work to make their product fit your payroll needs. Our company is continuing to grow and they always work to add new features that fit our needs.

What do you dislike?

We would like a little bit more compatibility with other systems so we can make use of more imports but Stratex is working to make that available to us. They are so accommodating that it's hard to say you dislike anything.

We are able to save a lot of time with the imports that are available to us.

The use of reports to upload the employee data (position title changes, salary changes) allows for less room for data entry error. The changes can be pulled from reports directly into spreadsheets.

"Don't waste your time"

What do you like best?

Nothing. their service is so poor that when supervisor tells you would got resolution, you won't get it for another month. they always find an excuse.

What do you dislike?

Worst Layout and mediocre reports. They don't provide any customer service. Any report would take months. to deliver. And that is also incomplete. They do not have proper developers as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away. there are other better products.

It is a problem from the beginning. they over promise and don't deliver. We lost complete accounting due their screw up.

Chief Financial Officer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Our experience has been excellent so far, we've been on it 4 years now!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is they are continually upgrading the product based on user feedback. We have the opportunity to use the system for so much more than we already are!

What do you dislike?

The payroll spreadsheet is awkward to use sometimes when you have to add an additional pay code. It's not always intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a all-encompassing software, was very easy to implement and has been easy to utilize more sections of the system as we've grown.

Accurate timekeeping, one place for employees to go for everything HR related

The largest benefits have been with insurance open enrollment, and everything in one system.

AF

"Service with StratEx"

What do you like best?

User friendly module that simplifies both the HRIS as well as Accounting function. My company is currently working on the increase of usage adding on the Benefits portal by end of year.

What do you dislike?

Slow service team on problem solving but most of the time issues are resolved in a timely matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend StratEx as the portal is very user friendly & the HR staff is amazing.

The business side that I would highly recommend to anyone is the HR team at StratEx. The team that I have worked with for two separate companies that utilize StratEx has been top notch. Very professional and useful for all levels of HR.

AH

"Terrible. "

What do you like best?

Interface is nice but that's about all.

What do you dislike?

Everything. Had many issues with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use them.

Nothing. I still have to track all employee things in a spreadsheet because Stratex's system screwed things up so many times. Stratex doesn't solve anything, unless you need the absolute bare minimum in a HR system.

Managing Director
Media Production

"Good for the Little Guy"

What do you like best?

As a small company we need partners that are affordable, reliable, and interested in our business. StratEx is all of these, so I don't have to worry about HR or payroll. They are great on the phone if there's a problem. I'm also happy to know they work with bigger clients, because as we grow they will grow with us.

What do you dislike?

If you're too small, probably not the right fit - they can't solve for payroll-only operations.

Our biggest issue is staying organized. We don't have a huge staff, so outsourcing payroll and HR is critical. Keeping my company data in one place is like having an easy button for employee-related issues - it's easy to understand the interface. The other perk is that my employees feel that even in a boutique firm, they are being looked after - we have made an investment in them.

EF

"Excellent results"

What do you like best?

The ability to digitize the paperwork needed to process employee payroll and benefits related items.

What do you dislike?

The usage level on our employee side. If we use it more, we could leverage its services more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outline your complete process first. identify every touchpoint before converting. If you do that, the transition will be easy. If you miss any steps in your process it will slow conversion down.

We have increased employee to corporate communication

we have improved employee benefit knowledge

Allowed better access to payroll and HR related items

Faster and more accurate regulatory reporting

Account Executive
Financial Services

"I haev used the system for approximately 2 years now and love it! "

What do you like best?

The system's intuitve design. Many of the functions occur automatically which makes my job A LOT easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish the time and attendance program - "spokeware" was listed on the same dashboard as the Payroll/HRIS systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If feasible - transistion systems on the 1/1 of a calendar year.

EVERYTHING is accounted for and easily accesible. I simply search an employee file within the system and anything I possibly need is readily available. I also LOVE the empoyee self service aspect of the system and the Payroll "Sticky Note" feature.

"The true end-to-end employee life cycle "

What do you like best?

The ease of simplicity of having one system for HRIS, Payroll and ACA. The amount of time that was saved on data entry from one system to another was incredible. The compliance and audit function of the system is extremely handy when it comes to feeling covered. The service model of Stratex is unlike I have ever experienced. Not having to call a call center was the best feeling in the world. My questions were answered by my team in a timely fashion.

I was impressed by the level of configuration within the system to automate my companies own process's.

What do you dislike?

At this time there is nothing that we dislike about this product

Same as above

President
Consumer Goods

"Vital for small growing business"

What do you like best?

Stratex has friendly, responsive and well educated employees. They have been able to help us put together an employee handbook, deal with employee issues, run payroll efficiently and avoid pitfalls.

What do you dislike?

While we like their support staff and they are responsive, it would be nice to have one main point of contact. Even with that, still very happy with them.

They have helped us with all aspects of HR and payroll, which has saved us time and headaches.

President
Financial Services

"Uhlmann Price"

What do you like best?

Website is very user friendly. Very responsive if need assistance

What do you dislike?

Reports can be difficult to navigate and customize

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent product and service

Payroll

ES

"We are a client and user of StratEx. "

What do you like best?

Customer service and desire to grow with us.

What do you dislike?

No software is perfect. I think from time to time we have needed some reporting or historical data and it's been a little harder than we would like

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company has different needs and issues however if you choose StratEx you will have a partner relationship rather than a vendor.

Payroll and HR streamlining. Things get done in a timely fashion.

StratEx Features