APS Core HR Solution

APS Core HR Solution

APS is the cloud-based way to handle all of your people-related activities.

Work for APS Core HR Solution?

Learning about APS for Core HR?

APS Core HR Solution Reviews

Ask APS for Core HR a Question
Showing 101 APS for Core HR reviews
Gary K.

"Increase the efficiency of human resources"

What do you like best?

I really like this software because it has a very friendly interface that allows me to organize and control the performance of each member of my work team, so I can evaluate the performance level of them. It also allows me to review the reports issued by this system in a detailed and very understandable way.

I also like your payroll processing system very much once all the necessary information has been loaded, without a doubt something that is of great importance and that has taken a great weight off me because I have noticed that my human resources team is more efficient in its work. I miss mentioning the technical support team that are an incredible group and are very attentive, they have been able to resolve any anomaly in the system in record time.

What do you dislike?

Although this system is incredibly complete, I think it needs some improvements, in order to be able to optimize the software more, such as hiding or removing some functions that are not necessary since it tends to confuse a bit. This is reported to the support team and they are about to solve it as soon as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely I recommend this system that is one of the most complete that I have used, I am in favor of saying that if you want to look for savings in the management of your company, APS is what you are looking for.

Thanks to this program we have been able to optimize the delivery times and the labor management of each project managed by my work team. One of the things that has allowed us to evaluate also is the productivity not only of the team in general but of each member, with this information we have been able to reward the hard work of each member of my company, as well as many other benefits.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about APS Core HR Solution
Jordan W.

"APS is a great payroll software. "

What do you like best?

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. Reports are organized and the features that allow you to conduct performance reviews as well is great. We are converting everything over from paper to digital for all HR needs and without this software would be a lot harder. Getting a new employee added and deleted from the system is easy to follow and the process goes smooth.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed about the clocking in and out feature. Rather than having an app that you can have an employee download and use to login, you need to go to the eselfserve website every time. Some employees struggle with this when clocking in and out remotely with the website crashing and also needing to jump thru more hoops on their phone to get it working again (clearing their cache, restarting phone, closing apps, etc.)

I haven't had many interactions with their HR solution other than working with their team when we were having problems with the remote clock in from eselfserve.com. No solutions were ever made from this interaction besides that "APS was working to release a phone app at some point in the near future". My call to HR was in 2017.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Stefanie M.

"APS has met all of our payroll needs in a professional, consistent and impressive manner"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. The report manager and builder are the best. The customer service is top notch. The team assigned to our company is always right there when I need them. Every step of the process from deciding to move to APS from our previous HCM system, to set-up and implementation, to training have all been so easy and the folks leading each step were kind, patient and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I would have to agree with this user's review:

What I liked least about this software is the fact that when you enter or modify any type of information there is no "safety net", meaning the system does not ask you to confirm your changes before leaving the tab you are in. By adding this extra step you will be "forced" to double check your entries and this can be very helpful in avoiding mistakes especially on sensitive information like bank account numbers, pay rates, or addresses.

Another feature that could be implemented is to allow users to download raw data or .csv file directly from the "Analytics" tiles. Right now you can only display, look, and print the information but you cannot download the data in on Excel format. From an Human Resources standpoint it would very helpful to be able to download data such as Employee Turnover, New Hires by department, and Employee Count by month.

N/A

Kelly H.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

What I like most about APS is the functionality of multiple pay codes with multiple pay rates and the ability to change them on the fly. With over 100 employees doing different tasks at different rates, it's not always hard coded on their employee record. I inherited this system less than a year ago and had to get up to speed very quickly to process the bi-weekly payroll. Their customer service team is truly outstanding via email or phone. They were patient with me and walked me through to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The only “con” that I’ve experienced is not having the ability to turn off deductions for a specific type of employee all at once. With seasonal employee’s benefits have different deduction dates and have to be changed one by one.

Time savings managing different pay rates for different tasks.

Richard B.

"Simple interface for a complete management of human resources"

What do you like best?

The users of our company now have the information about any human resources management much more updated. They can consult doubts, information about vacations, they can consult their salaries, their changes in the contract ... Everything is centralized within the system.

That several payment codes can be created also facilitates the management of invoices, since it is very easy to create different invoices for different clients in a very short time.

Monitoring the time spent on tasks and objectives is also a remarkable aspect of this system. Time tracking helps you to know how much time you are investing in each task and how you are achieving your goals.

What do you dislike?

There are elements that would need more initial instructions and help to understand better how to configure them, since there are fields that we do not use. But I have no complaints about the rest of the sections, only if there were more instructions it would be easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensuring that human resources information is updated, centralized and organized in the best way is what you can achieve with this system. It is recommended to obtain a better organization and control in your company.

With the implementation in our company of APS Core HR Solution we have managed to better manage payrolls, manage payments more efficiently, better control the time spent on tasks, better organize our goals ... In short, we have obtained better performance in the area of human resources, since for us this system is a good place to centralize the work and to have all the necessary information to carry out our work in a more complete way.

Ashley B.

"Lots of Features"

What do you like best?

I like all the different reports I can build myself that people may not know to use. It's helpful when someone from Marketing asks me a question in regards to something I may not be looking at on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I'm not super fond of the customer service process. I feel like they could make some better solutions to finding an answer quicker than waiting on someone to email me back.

Importing to Quickbooks was really important to us when searching for a new payroll company. This feature has become flawless for us and is worth every penny.

E
Executive Sponsor

"APS PAYROLL"

What do you like best?

APS is a user friendly system that allows for information sharing without having to key information in multiple locations. The ease of exporting many reports helps with obtaining quick analytics. The software also allows for dashboard customization illustrating popular quick analytics. Communication with employees is handled easily. Document uploads, esigning requests, employee general notifications are possible.

What do you dislike?

The APS Time clock mandates the user to use 6 digit characters. There isn't a fast seamless method to clock in and out which contributes to lines at our tablets on the manufacturing floor. The software doesn't easily handle 9/80 work schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Obtain a clear understanding of the Time Keeping solution to ensure proper preparation with hardware and the training of the employees.

APS is a fully integrated systems which allows for quick information access and seamless payroll processing.

"A Strong System for the Price."

What do you like best?

We transitioned from an outdated system. Almost everything is great in APS. There are a few things that don't line up with our company, but APS has been able to provide work-around for most situations. Their service is great.

What do you dislike?

They do not have an effective date for pay rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to ask specific questions base don your needs during the sales pitch. Take good notes and follow up on promises. APS is good on their word, but don't rely to heavily on them to follow through with each aspect promised during the sales pitch. All in all this is a great service and a nice company to work with.

Consistency in documentation has been a problem for us in some instances. This system allows for required fields and helps minimize the issues we were seeing prior to implementing APS.

Faith T.

"APS is a great product!"

What do you like best?

APS has provided the ability to organize and track multiple features in HR Management that have allowed us to streamline our processes and provide faster employee feedback.

What do you dislike?

The open enrollment process can be a little time consuming for us. Unfortunately, not all of our carriers allow for electronic enrollments so we have not been able to take advantage of the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is highly recommended!

The APS Core Solution has been beneficial for us in streamlining our open enrollment process. We also use the time tracking feature which has been extremely beneficial to our organization.

Lauri L.

"Great Account Reps and Service"

What do you like best?

I like that our account rep works very hard to solve any problems quickly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find what I am looking for in the program if I haven't needed that feature or had to make a change to that area in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions before getting into it. If you don't understand how it works or how this data connects to other data or how to access data you need, ask, ask, ask...

Quarterly taxes are taken care of. The reports pro-rate everything for us by property/location/department which is nice.

Ashley P.

"Stellar Service, Functional System"

What do you like best?

Service is great: quick to respond to requests and provide solutions. Functions increased the effectiveness of our HR department. APS is willing to take product enhancements requests from clients and implement them. New webinar and info tools to help users navigate the system better.

What do you dislike?

Training and information for processes has improved, but it can be difficult to find help or procedures on some items.

Streamlined onboarding, payroll, benefits, time off. We previously had different systems for each function. It's so nice to have it all in one place.

Aleigh K.

"So glad we switched to APS"

What do you like best?

Being able to electronically track performance reviews, OSHA tracking and disciplinary reports is wonderful. We love how easy the website is to navigate. The response time from our dedicated customer support staff is fantastic! This is a big deal because our previous payroll provider had terrible customer support.

What do you dislike?

We have actually had no problems with APS Core HR.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch!

We have been able to have multiple users enter and track training dates, performance reviews, and disciplinary reports for our employees.

Robin S.

"APS has been great for my company!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about the system is how everything from hiring, to benefits, to payroll, and HR management are all accessible in the system. Also, the time tracking!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues figuring out what certain fields mean or do in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have ample time for the implementation process. Ask as many questions as you can.

We are able to run accurate quick reports. We have realized how beneficial it is to have the whole onboarding process linked together.

AC
Administrator in Construction

"APS Gathers the Necessary Parts into One Convenient Package"

What do you like best?

The software is very user-friend with multiple ways to access each section (Employees, Payroll, Attendance, HR, Reporting, Admin, etc.) so you're never far from the information you need.

What do you dislike?

Our field workers sometimes have trouble entering time on their timecards through the mobile app which isn't an app but a mobile friendly connection to the site; however, I believe a true app is going to be released soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore every single menu. There is more to this software than meets the eye.

By switching to APS we have cut our payroll processing time and cost by more than 50% while implementing other support avenues such as the HR Support Center, ACA Reporting and OSHA Tracking.

AR
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"APS Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

I am most pleased with the services and customer service we receive from APS. We used a different national payroll processor previously but had issues with their knowledge of non-profits and experienced some issues that caused headaches. APS has been able to meet our needs accurately and provides good and personalized training to help our organization maximally utilize the system. When we do have an issue or question, the chat/telephone support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we are under utilize so much that the system is able to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try!

We use the system to track and manage information relating to the ACA in addition to other HR required information (important dates, withholding, paid time off tracking, etc.).

"So happy with APS!"

What do you like best?

The system allows all of our processes to be integrated and it is so user friendly. It has saved us so much time because we don't have to re-key the same items over and over again in different systems. Our staff love all the added features they now get.

What do you dislike?

We really need a company-wide calendar view of approved PTO requests and I wish that the performance appraisal module had more features. On the rare occasion we have had to correct an error, APS corrects things quickly but we cannot always see what happens in the background and we sometimes struggle to understand the correction and how different GL accounts are affected, etc. Also, Report Writer and Report Builder are not completely compatible so sometimes it is difficult to pull everything we need in one report - I probably just need more training and practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

APS was the best demo we saw and in going live did not disappoint. We are thrilled with APS and the service we receive. We can't get over how often we ask for something and how responsive they are to our needs. We have seen enhancements be made that we didn't even ask for just because it made sense and they were able to do it!

We have been able to avoid hiring additional HR Staff.

Onboarding of new hires is more efficient.

Less errors

More time for other functions and projects

CI
Consultant in Insurance

"Insurance Agent"

What do you like best?

We assist our client with HR-related tasks, including the processing of payroll. The client has multiple pay frequencies and the APS system handles them with ease. The document storage feature is also a huge time saver - no more going to a storage box to look for a prior enrollment/election form! Also, the 1095 reporting is a life-saver for this particular client!

What do you dislike?

The benefit admin system and the payroll system are not linked, so any time an employee has a benefit election/change, you have to enter in both the payroll side of the system and the benefit admin side of the system.

The ease of the system would save on the number of HR staff a company would require. Definitely a solution!

Kathryn V.

"APS is Such a Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is my favorite feature! Each page has a customizable dashboard that displays reports, charts and info per user. APS handles all the difficult HR tasks in an easy to use platform that saves time and money.

What do you dislike?

Our experience has all been positive; I don't have any negative feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

APS puts all of your data & info in 1 place. It's easy for the employer & employee to use.

Prior to APS, I was processing payroll manually. So, APS has saved us so much time. I love having our HR docs, payroll info and attendance all in 1 place. No more spreadsheets or file folders thanks to APS!

Carol D.

"Payroll and HR Working Together"

What do you like best?

The APS system has greatly streamlined our Payroll and HR processes and we work more closely together than we have in the past. There is also more cross-training for coverage as needed.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that we had before that are not available yet or not at all that we have had to work around. APS has helped us when needed.

Reducing paper, more self service for employees, streamlining, cross-training, having Payroll and HR on one platform.

AI

"Time Saver & User Friendly"

What do you like best?

We use to do all our payroll in house which took a good chunk of time even with having only a dozen employees. This has been a big time saver and also helps in making sure the time being compensated is accurate. There are lots of different reports you can run for whatever you are looking for. Its nice having all your employee information in one place.

What do you dislike?

We have ran into a few issues with how some benefits are calculated. Could have been lack of communication upon setup but still would have nice to avoid. APS was able to help fix those issues relatively quickly.

This has been great at keeping all of our HR information in one place. We've been able to send out information to our employees with the click of a button. The time it has saved making copies and tracking people down has been very helpful.

Vaughn S.

"Onboarding made simple!"

What do you like best?

Not having physical paperwork laying around or having to scan it all into the computer!

What do you dislike?

I really wish a new hires direct deposit information would transfer from the onboarding side to the payroll side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get ready to save some time and money! This is going to make life much simpler!

We no longer have a lack of applicants since we have our job listings posted on indeed and other websites. We can hire them straight through the website and they get an email to fill out their paperwork online, which saves us time and paper from having them do it physically in store.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Great Payroll and HR Product"

What do you like best?

APS has a great overall product. Their support offered during the setup process and beyond has reaffirmed our decession to go with APS!

What do you dislike?

No dislikes per-sea. We would like to see improvements on their mobile app abilities and the scheduling functionality. But, they are in process of improving both.

Having the ability to process Payroll and all of our HR needs under one roof had made our administrative functions much more easier to manage. Plus, having the ability to give access to employees to their necessary employee profiles makes administrative requests easier for all of our staff.

Jeniffer S.

"Excellent Product for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use and intuitive. It has great employee self service features, and the customer support team is top notch.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some of the bigger providers, but nothing critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expanding their integrations with LMS's would be very useful.

This has really provided a one stop solution for our employees, including HR, payroll, performance management, and leave tracking.

Kayla K.

"Great Payroll/HR System"

What do you like best?

APS is constantly improving their system. We utilize the payroll platform and will be integrating into utilizing the HR Platform more, now that we have extra help within the department.

What do you dislike?

Haven't seen any yet. I'm sure there will be few items that maybe don't meet our expectations, but nothing to the point we wouldn't use the system.

We would replacing our multiple systems that don't integrate with each other, to one streamline platform.

Amanda R.

"Easy to use and Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

The fast, and excellent customer service I receive every day.

What do you dislike?

Data imported takes a bit of time and I would like more customized reports and drop down with the choice of multiple choices.

We are able to clear up a lot of employee records and it has helped our employees, Managers and HR to have correct information.

Learn more about APS Core HR Solution

APS Core HR Solution Videos

Learning about APS Core HR Solution?

* We monitor all APS Core HR Solution reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.