Chattermill Reviews & Product Details

Chattermill Overview

What is Chattermill?

Chattermill is an AI-powered platform that helps companies drive customer loyalty and growth. With Chattermill you can take unstructured customer feedback from a variety of sources and generate clear and actionable insights in real-time. Customer Experience employees leverage our platform to identify themes and sentiment in each piece of customer feedback with human-level accuracy. AI-based insights help track how customers feel about their experiences identifying the areas that impact customer experiences the most. Chattermill is trusted by the most forward-thinking brands in the world from Zappos, Uber, Spotify, Transferwise to Virgin, HSBC, Tesco and many more. View our pricing plans here: https://chattermill.com/pricing/

Chattermill Details
Arabic, German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified)

Chattermill is an artificial intelligence software that applies artificial neural networks to customer feedback, to learn from data and help make more customer-centric decisions.

Chattermill

Chattermill Reviews

Showing 59 Chattermill reviews
Already have Chattermill?
Junior Data Insight Analyst
What do you like best?

Gauging an idea of customer sentiment towards products and brand has been of growing importance to us, and with the implementation of Chattermill for our NPS and customer surveys we're able to quickly look at emerging themes and reasons behind any poorer-than-average scores and look into correcting them moving forwards. The system is relatively easy to use, and I had already picked up how to use it prior to the brief introductory session we had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only quarrel so far with Chattermill is that deleting dashboards / saved queries was initially difficult to find as it is hidden under the options in the top right, but once you know you know - I feel like this is more a complaint of ease of use. Outside of that it seems to be working well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefits we're seeing is much quicker insight into consumer thoughts and attitudes towards both brand and product range. Ideally this will be put into dashboards for each of our product lines to provide massively more efficient insight across the business. Previously our NPS insight has had a degree of inaccuracy in regards to sentiment and we feel far more confident in the sentiment from Chattermill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

The User Interface is easy to use and navigate.

The support team are responsive

Ability to translate all comments into English - this is very powerful

The leadership team are passionate about their product and their clients which makes it easy to build relationships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The account management team have shifted around quite significantly since we started working with Chattermill. I attribute this to two things: 1) Chattermill is a startup and a fast moving company 2) Covid. So whilst it's something i've added to the dislike section, it seemingly can't be avoided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chattermill has enabled us to aggregate customer feedback from various data sources we consume on a daily/weekly basis, translate this into English and then disseminate this information either via Chattermill itself, or through Slack webhooks.

The connection with Slack is important for us as it means that all parts of the company can consume this data in a tool they use most frequently/Slack - and it's easy to then loop relevant people and solve specific problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Chattermill is essential in my job as I need it to understand themes in customer feedback and pick up on trends that we can impact on a large scale. I am talking thousands and thousands of reviews in various languages and going as granular as 'how big of an issue was the pick-up experience for tours in Spain'.

Chattemill allows us to build a dashboard, to see trends, improvements which means we can impact them positively and also clearly show other parties how we can improve their business.

What I love the most is that Chattermill team is incredibly responsive, helpful, in numerous occasions they helped us resolve small bugs or asked us to give feedback about new features - love the team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel there were a few things to improve, especially in the beginning: the dashboards took a while to load, filtering them was not always straightfoward, but I also have seen that every piece of feedback given was implemented or largely improved since given. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Chattermill for analysis of customer feedback, looking for positive and negative themes and their trends. This allows us to improve customer satisfaction (which impacts customers using our service returning). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to search key words to find insights easily and sharing with stakeholders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to apply lots of filters to make the information relevant - it can be a bit overwhelming at times! (i.e. filters by date, by section, category) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It's a great tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a researcher - I use Chattermill to help us create hypothesis to further delve into with the research. It's great to take screenshots of the comments and use them as workshop stimulus with stakeholders to bring life to the customer problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It's a great CX tool, which gathers all sources of feedback in one place and helps uncover actionable insights. I love how easy it makes it to share the Voice of Customer to any stakeholders and how user friendly and intuitive the UI is.

I also appreciate how responsive and solution oriented the Chattermill team is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that they can improve on user management functionalities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It's a choice you will not regret. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Discover main pain points

Customer perception on different touchpoints

Customer satisfaction around a particular topic/improvement iniative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The tool allows us to make strategic business decisions, understand our customer pain points and delighters and further improve our offering. I also love the team at Chattermill, they are so hands on and always seeking to better the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool isn't yet at its full potential but can't wait til it is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatic categorization of our customer review themes has meant we can target pain points and make changes to our service to match what our customer is looking for. We have seen improved star rating of our products from this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

What I like the best about using Chattermill is that it gives me recent comments from customers. Recently, as Product Manager, I had to make a decision on whether to roll out a key polemical initiative in all markets, and I could base the decision on the customer feedback during that same period of experimentation.

Also, the way it is implemented for our customers, allows me to go quickly to those comments that are relevant for the scope of my work. I am a Product Manager who focuses on cancellations, and I could go straight to these type of comments.

Moreover, Chattermill measures all the information for a particular topic, and provides an estimated customer satisfaction level. That allows me to keep track of comments over time and see if we are improving on the topic I am in charge of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Proabably it is not something about the tool, but in the business we run a customer can pause and cancel. Some customers say they want to cancel their delivery of food for one week, this actually means they want to pause. However these comments are categorized as cancellation comments. As a result, the grouping can be misleading. Something can be fixed in the near future I am sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer satisfaction around a particular topic

Qualitative feedback on digital changes

Improvement over time of the satisfaction level

Customer perception on some initiatives

Segment comments per country, platform and so on, so I can focus on what is most relevant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the feature on the metrics page that allows you to set up a dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The orientation can be difficult to figure out at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chattermill is saving me lots of time by drawing conclusions of survey for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Gives an easy overview of feedbacks that you can easily export Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Graphically it's not really the best. Not very straightforward Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I analyse surveys and run reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Customer Insights
What do you like best?

Once the code framework is in place, it's really easy to establish a benchmark and compare how you're doing week over week. In the past, I could only do this with quantitative info, but with Chattermill I can do it on the more nuanced qualitative info as well since they do a great job with coding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to code everything correctly, but their machine does a great job, especially if you work closely with your account manager and you keep a close eye on what it's getting right and what it's getting wrong. Expect to take a little time upfront (maybe a few months worth of data) to train the model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Partner with your account rep and put in the time upfront to make sure everything is as accurate as possible. It's not hard, just takes a little time to train the model (like it would be with any other text analytics vendor). The team is easy to work with, and once everything is in place it's easy to monitor everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Weekly customer feedback on our core product since we send it weekly and the product changes each time. We have a better understanding of our baseline now (i.e., "what's good" and "what's bad" in terms of customer feedback). There's less guesswork internally; there are fewer assumptions being made. As an added plus, I've been able to visualize Chattermill data in a way that is easily digestible to others in the company, so it has helped us build a culture that understands data and is motivated by it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Chattermill staff are always super helpful with everything - They are always happy to jump on calls and get to the bottom of things. Chattermill is also great at working with us to make custom made solutions for our business questions. In the last 6 months, I have enjoyed sharing this tool with our UX and Product teams.

The Text analysed data is a fantastic tool to kick start conversations to focus stakeholders around important issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Engineering times can be a little bit slow - but as a small company with many clients I understand the strains the engineering teams must be under Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about what other tools you can use Chattermill in conjunction with & ensure the data flow properly into Big Query tables - this ensures you can match text analysed data to your internal business metrics with greater ease Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chattermill has been great to understand our Review data in greater depth. In this way, we can more effectively work to better service our customers and business partners.

On the Customer side, we better understand their expectations of our product, we can quantify the demands on our product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Complaints Advisor
What do you like best?

I love being able to find reviews referring to a given topic quickly and see overall trends in sentiment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sporadically the AI misinterprets reviews and takes negatives for positives and vice versa. I've not explored Chattermill tremendously well but I think there could also be more options for presenting data and searching specific sub-topics in reviews Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Wonderfully simple and very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me it's mostly the problem presented by the need to retrieve a comprehensive compilation of customer reviews quickly

I need to do that sometimes for presentation purposes and Chattermill allows me to do that in minutes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Chattermill has been incorporated into my Weekly update email to the team. I 3 pieces of customer feedback in my weekly email and then the team will act on them. I like how simple the application is to use. The training also really helped me understand it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I try to go to to the next page when searching through customer feedback, it does not respond and I have to refresh the page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a nice, simple way to learn about customer sentiment. It also allows for good visual representations of the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to filter through customer feedback based on key terms is invaluable. I can so easily see when there are issues and then the team can act on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It's great for high-level insights and sentiment analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of tagging improves over time, but it can take a little while to get going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth spending time thinking about the theme structures that you would like to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identification of which features are driving positive sentiment, and which have scope for improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I use Chattermill to understand how customers are navigating our site. I can easily see if customers have had a poor experience, and use this information to make improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a stronger algorithm to filer out a few comments that may not be relevant for the specific area that I'm researching. I've seen a few times site experience issues being categorised elsewhere e.g. product attributes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chattermill solves a problem by providing qualitative feedback from our customers, which we would not have seen otherwise. This helps particularly in my role for site experience, because often if an issue isn't delivery/physical quality based then a customer would not contact us with feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The very straightforward page setup - I 'teach' using Chattermill multiple times a year to new interns and they almost always know it instinctively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much actually, just that sometimes the filters on the side of the screen are not working properly (like, sometimes options are missing, or you filter on a specific item and know not all customer responser appear). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to use, and great customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All customer reviews that come in every day are categorised automatically, and only checked sporadically by an intern. This saves loads of work, and I can see that the algorithm really uses the right categories almost always. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Relations Analyst
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Chattermill has been the perfect solution when the amount of feedback collected from our customers became way too vast that we could keep categorizing it ourselves manually.

It offers great and intuitive interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we have been happy customers and do not dislike anything in particular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We couldn't categorize manually NPS as we used to do in the past, simply because the volume grew too fast for us to adapt our process. So Chattermill allowed us to keep the NPS at the core of our product decisions even as we scaled.

A second type of problem we solve is "investigative analysis". Let's say if a branch of your business over performs and you're trying to understand what changed, what moved the needle, then Chattermill helps " explore" the topic seeing how categories moved week on week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of CX
What do you like best?

Such a useful tool for our CX programme and would not manage without Chattermill. The team are always so supportive if I ever need help, and we have got loads of value from the insight driven by Chattermill. Super easy to use and they are constantly adding new features which makes it an ever more useful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really don't have anything I dislike. I sometimes get frustrated with building out dashboards, and understanding how to create various charts but for the most part I can work it out myself or Chattermill's support is super responsive and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem is to ensure we are getting max benefit from our NPS and reviews programme, understanding what the main drivers of customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction are. It also helps us monitor this easily over time for our key markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NPS Manager
What do you like best?

Chattermill helps us easily understand and keep track of our key customer experience drivers. It allows us to keep our surveys short since we can get reliable insights out of free text feedback rather than asking questions covering every element of the customer experience. The team has always been flexible in setting up new feedback channels for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a trade-off between granularity of themes and accuracy, which is sometimes difficult to manage with our internal users. We've also had some accuracy issues with non-English comments, but Chattermill has worked with us on a few occasions to address these, either through improved translations or adjusting their comment tagging model, and these are now on par with English-language feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Chattermill's text analytics to adjust our existing products, identify opportunities to develop new ones, and improve our supply chain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speaker
Retail
What do you like best?

The Chattermill algorithms worked really well with our customer comments data right out of the gate. On top of that the team is great to work with - very responsive, proactive and sharply focused on helping my tea succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI can use some usability help, specifically the NPS dashboard, but it is work in progress and the team will get there, I am absolutely sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unlocking insights hidden in thousands of customer comments. Already, the organization is more focused on what our customers have to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Mikhail Dubov of Chattermill

Thank you, Alex! It's an honor working with you and the team at Zappos.

II
What do you like best?

Is clear ans straightforward. Charts are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the comments are not translated or filter in the right channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NPS, customers loyalty, product & service feedback and improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The team at Chattermill is the best in the business. They are always willing to go above and beyond to find a solution to your problems. They're always open to feedback and I've seen them take my feedback and put it to action. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limited capabilities to the platform, such as not being able to analyze chat transcripts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a text analytics product to kick off your insights program - Chattermill is a great start. They're always open to listen to feedback and are always making the product better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great tool for organizing all of your feedback data and using it as a way to get all of the data into our data warehouse for further analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Operations Intern
What do you like best?

Easy to use platform, with clear structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Translation services still have a lot of space for improvement.

As well as granularity of tagging could still improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

limit manual comment reading.

Time saver for employees, so cost saver in the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist
What do you like best?

How user friendly the Chattermill platform is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the data visualizations/dashboards could be downloaded in a CSV format that segmented the values in the way they appear in the visualizations - as opposed to, for instance, being restrited to a crosstab format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chattermill helps us track what customers want, and therefore helps us deliver to them the best customer experience there is. Specifically, we've used Chattermill to ground all teams with visiblity on the recipe score performance of our weekly menus. A huge boon to us, because not only does it help us inform future menus, but it helps validate all the hard work our teams do when we see positive sentiment from our customers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

As a researcher, I'm often looking for short quotes from customers to back up my findings. It's a really useful tool for this, and can make results feel more real Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have only used it on a basic level yet. There seems to be a lot you can do with the tool but it's a little overwhelming and looks complicated to set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's serving the purpose I need for now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Chattermill?