RapidMiner

RapidMiner is a powerful, easy to use and intuitive graphical user interface for the design of analytic processes. Let the Wisdom of Crowds and recommendations from the RapidMiner community guide your way. And you can easily reuse your R and Python code.

Work for RapidMiner?

Learning about RapidMiner?

RapidMiner Reviews

Ask RapidMiner a Question
Showing 271 RapidMiner reviews
Hector S.

"Data science is easy with RapidMiner"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner Indeed was a breakthrough in data mining technology; it showed that it is possible to create complex process to answer complex questions using building-blocks. They are operations that have been enormously simplified and using few drags-and-drops all get done, documented and what is more important repeatable and reproducible. I personally answer my first research question without reading RapidMiner manual; just using my intuition.

What do you dislike?

RapidMiner, has to many robots and many of the emails are sent by what I assumed chat-bot and sometimes not answer by real people as they promised.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommeds RapidMIner to others. THos interested in data science will find in Rapiodminer a must have tool to find answer to complex biz questions.

I am teaching data science using RapidMiner. The students get the lesson and the points instantaneously. Very easy to answer biz questions. However the software is missing for me a key feature: geolocation. The students shall be able to locate market places and identify sales per location, market radius, optimal driving path, trading areas, etc. Hope rapidminer incorporate this feature soon.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about RapidMiner
Luke H.

"It helped me in the Parametric Facility the different algorithms, in the company"

What do you like best?

You can reach the conclusion that what we like most about this tool is that it has allowed us to develop data analysis processes through the chain of operators through a graphical environment. It is useful for research, training and rapid creation of prototypes in business applications. But the best thing about Rapidminer is that it lets us provide more than 500 operators oriented to data analysis

What do you dislike?

Currently he has nothing that we dislike. On the other hand it allows to use the algorithms included in Weka. In order to make my company master the integration modules with R and Python, it also has a great light version that has helped me to win more clients, and these clients are motivated to hire my services as a company, they say that my business does not have comparison and we have observed that everything is thanks to Rapidminer

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can recommend this product because it is an extraordinary application that I can start using quickly for data mining, it can be said that if you try this excellent software it will take you far ahead of your competitors in a short period of time

At this moment there is nothing to say about this product, because in it I can find great benefits because Rapidminer is one of those tools that offers a wide range of capabilities of Data Science, also has one of the best features that is the function Auto Model, this helped us to evaluate a large number of algorithms including deep learning, in front of a set of data given at the same time

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Thomas K.

"A favorable student experience with RapidMiner"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner was the resource that helped me build the most accurate predictive models for my course projects at San Diego State University.

What do you dislike?

There never seemed to be enough room on the process screen despite being able to adjust its dimensions. The unfortunate trade-off with expanding the process screen was diminishing the operator and parameter portions of the general interface. Some operator errors were vague in description and became extremely difficult to diagnose without starting over completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend that you work on the hands-on tutorials that are offered within the RapidMiner program. There is also an extensive collection of in-house tutorial videos that are helpful with explaining differences among operators and models.

Predictive modeling was the core of my utilization of your resource. I successfully predicted the churn rates of a telecommunication company's current customers, in addition to predicting the promotion rate of employees in various stages of education levels at a major airline company.

Varun M.

"Started with simple data science application and turned to multiple publications"

What do you like best?

There are multiple best things,

1. Ever inspiring Ingo Mierswa. There is a lot to learn from him (Technology + User engagement and his 2 Cents).

2. The software is simple but very powerful. Get results in no time. Why do you want to spend more time on writing a decision tree code in python when you can drag and drop the operators and get results in minutes.

3. The tutorials in their academy that are crystal clear and open source.

4. Their free license to Academic users.

4. Last but its the best. Highly active community.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, but would like to see more capability to handle deep learning methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will get the best services from a hard working company. They care for users irrelevant of their licenses.

For most of my research in data science. Biggest benefit is getting results in no time and able to apply and test different ideas quickly.

David p.

"RapidMiner Rocks!"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner provides an inviting interface through which a public-sector organization like ours can probe its data with a view to improving its products and services for citizens.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Just wish there was a simple PDF or ePUB version of the current documentation that could be shared within our teams. Despite the rise of e-documentation, sometimes it's just easier to browse and find the details using a tablet and e-reader. Consider an ePUB version of the documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Looking for a straightforward entry point? --> RapidMiner

We are a not-for-profit organization working in the public sector in Canada. We are most interested in sentiment, semantic and full-text analysis of Twitter and other social media streams associated with our public and open access programs and services. We also have lots of textual data form surveys, emails and discussion boards that could be further analyzed using RapidMiner and associated tools and plugins.

Haziqah S.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

It is straightforward. You can see clearly the process. It is interpretable, especially for the non-coders background. You can make them understand the concept of machine learning without involved any programming and it can attract them to explore more the machine learning concept.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, some functionality is not there, for example, you can't really modify much the machine learning. Mainly used as it is. You can only change the parameter involved. If using other programming languages you can play around with the code of the algorithm, and you can modify it easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good platform to start exploring the machine learning concept. To give you a better understanding of how data works and how to apply it to a real case study.

Mainly I'm using it for my research. It speeds up my work and it can give me a clear comparison for my research. It also helps me to select which model is the best for me to used it further.

Justin W.

"The best way to work!"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner is one of the best tools we have in our company, because it has allowed us to grow as an organization, increasing our annual profits. The best thing about this tool has been its originality to perform predictive analyzes of large models and data. Simply RapidMiner is a unique software.

What do you dislike?

Although we have used RapidMiner in our organization for about 3 years, we have not persisted in the software functionality error, but it would be a good idea to include "tutorials" of informative material when purchasing the licenses, because for some of our users it is a software little complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply, my only recommendation for any company that wants to prove the usefulness of this software is to trust the performance that RapidMiner promises.

Many benefits brought RapidMiner to our organization by automating the data modules, also rapidminer has an efficient speed in its connection. We simply believe in the profitability of this software

Misoo K.

"Awesome Tool for comprehensive data analyzing"

What do you like best?

1. Easy implementation for analyzer

- Modularization, Easy guideline, Friendly UI

2. Comprehensive Model

- Preprocessor, Text analyzing, Machine learning... Everything.

3. Visualization

- If I do not know exactly about the analyzed result, Rapidminor provides the meaning.

4. Cloud service

- The cloud service provides the result even though my desktop is not enough to analyze the data.

What do you dislike?

Usage Memory size is too high, but cloud service is helpful to solve this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Light Version

Analyzing the big data need a sufficient memory of client PC.

I think that the light version of Rapidminer is useful to get more client.

2. Model recommendation

Although the recent version provides the Auto model to apply the general model for problem-solving, I wonder whether the model is suitable for my problem.

If there is a recommendation based on survey or data pre-analyzing, I can use the model with convinced.

<Research>

I usually use R, SPSS, WEKA, etc... for solving each problem for my research.

When I meet Rapidminer, everything is easy for solving the problem.

Souradeep C.

"G O D L I K E "

What do you like best?

the user interface and experience for sure. it's so easy to use especially for a noob like me. it's very intuitive and you can grasp the basics within like 5 minutes of you using the software. also there are lots of ways which i can use the graphically represent the data that i work on, also the graphs that i can make look really clean and professional. and i'm not a tech person but it feels like it puts less pressure on my dingy old laptop that excel. like if i use excel to even load a sheet with more than 5000 columns it lags and freezes. RapidMiner did it in under 30 seconds and when i was like using it i never heard my laptop fan coming on or any weird noises. so that made me trust it a lot.

What do you dislike?

nothing as of yet. the only problem i faced was due to me being new to the software, not anything about the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

just buy it man. it'll save your life. it lets you know clean a sheet as well if some noob has messed it up for you.

okay so basically i'm a student right now, but i used to work as a fintech marketer. a tool like RapidMiner would have been priceless to me when i was actually going about running digital campaigns to get people to invest. and not just in terms of drawing trends and figuring out cluster patterns amongst large databases, but also about campaign data itself. right now as a student, i'm using it to show my professors the correlations between different variables in emerging markets, and to visually represent those particular relationships.

Litia S.

"RapidMiner is my goto analytic tool in both practice and as a data analytic graduate instructor"

What do you like best?

I have over 20 years as a computer science BS programming in all and every language that was corporate accepted. I am a leader/influencer/specialist in data and analytics and have been using RapidMiner since the command line version. RapidMiner can keep up with my analytic thoughts as compared to other tools which require me to pause and code to get my idea expressed. Love this tool.

What do you dislike?

My one critique is that it is challenging to do very large data on my desktop (20 years monthly linear regressions for about 2500 global companies with about 47 variables) SAS can do this in seconds. A second critique is that in KINIME there are many post model interpreting objects to easily perform analysis. This is improving in the current versions and I look forward to more improvements here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if the company does not use the sever, etc for implementation in production...this tool for a data analytic is like Excel for those working with numbers and data (like an accountant). It sits on the desktop and can be used to model many thoughts and ideas that can then be transposed into the corporate standard for predictive modeling. I have tried most all/many tools on the gartner magic quadrant and RapidMiner is by far the best and most usable tool of all. They each have strengths but as an overall experience for rapid analytic modeling RapidMiner is the tool.

I am a researcher so I am doing investment modeling (I am a quant) that is not being done by others. I use this tool to flex my skills in a way that is not normal. My benefits are that it can let me build out prototypes of research that I then have to convert to SQL & SAS. I am using memSQL and really want RapidMiner to connect and do the heavy lifting on that machine (it has NVIDA memory) because I am doing millions of row modeling. I have an enterprise desktop version on my desk at work. I also teach Data Analytics and write graduate coursework for SNHU and drive my students to use RapidMiner vs R/Rattle. It is going well. Especially the Auto Model in the coursework.

Jack K.

"Like a simplified version of R Studio on Data-Science- steriods!"

What do you like best?

Auto Model allows me to quickly understand the best modelling to use on my data without having to build the workflows manually. This has allowed me to apply more complex models to my data then I would have otherwise felt comfortable/confident doing. The ability for someone like me (who is primarily a data visualization artist) to quickly and easily model complex data and do correlations that are understandable is AMAZING! Also the company themselves are super fun and helpful anytime I've had an issue or question. You can't fake the funk on being helpful as a company!

What do you dislike?

The complexity of the program is daunting to newcomers which is why Turbo Prep and Auto Model are LIFESAVERS! They offer many tutorials to overcome this daunting nature but the sheer size of the program means you could spend all day watching tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be frightened off by the complexity of the program! Ask questions on Twitter or in their community and you'll get an answer QUICK!

Currently I'm using RapidMiner for some social good projects I'm working on to re-examine previously analyzed data, applying newer and more up-to-date statistical models which allow me to discover new insights in older data. Allowing me to find more ways to help the communities I'm involved with stay safe if it's looking at traffic collisions, roller derby injury results, or gender and relationship studies to disprove stereotypes. Using data to help with public good projects is easily the most rewarding part of my career as a data visualization artist and RapidMiner is a crucial part of that analytical workflow.

sathien h.

"A great tool for data scientists"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner is easy to use. With a inside application tutorial, you can quickly start using for data mining.

It's easy to work with machine learning algorithms with user friendly interface.

In addition, RapidMiner has most of the algorithm for data mining. Beside, it can extended programming with Python or R.

One of the things I liked most is the documentation that can be found inside the application which guides me through implementing the data mining solution.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything special to dislike. Except RapidMiner is too slow in comparison with other software and I hope it can improve speed more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for data scientists who want a user friendly tool for mining their data.

I am using Rapidminer in my research about drug-drug interaction prediction. I am also using it in teaching my students data mining class.

YC L.

"Navigate through Journey of Hypotheses"

What do you like best?

Corporate leaders, at various managerial levels, have been challenged by fears that any day soon, a competitor of inferior technical capacity would jump ahead from behind. They were amazed at the fast and easy practice when we demonstrated the RapidMiner platform. Some of them have also suffered from ill-fated projects in the past, perfectly aware of the negative impact due to slow, error-prone, and delayed data preparation, model training, and deployment. Understanding its advantages, they too realized that others can easily outrun them quickly with RapidMiner.

What do you dislike?

Granted, companies are looking for vertical solutions aiming directly at their specific applications while RapidMiner, albeit powerful, is a platform. In addition to current communication by RapidMiner and the enthusiastic community, efforts must be spent by both sides, the customers and the solution providers like us, to practice, solve problems, and build up confidence so that gaps can be bridged.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is rather idealistic to wish for a vertical solutions aiming directly at specific applications. You may have concerns that RapidMiner looks powerful but is still a few steps short. You are not alone but others have used RapidMiner to complete data science projects in weeks if not in days. With patience and determination to become a good problem solver, RapidMIner will bring you far ahead of competitors in a short period of time.

Data science is after all an art of problem solving. We have encountered problems such as, in predicting disgruntled customer, “can we generate some statistics for the past calls that belong to the same customer of the incoming call?” and, in predicting the lab-generated quality measure in a chemical plant, “can we shift each and every dependent variable according to their respective time lags?” Yes, RapidMiner can support them and thus incorporate the steps in a RapidMiner process. Such problems are however slightly beyond the basic practice of RapidMiner.

Hossam H.

"A very robust Data Science platform addresses all CRISP-DM requirement."

What do you like best?

Rapidminer is one of those tools that delivers a wide range of Data Science capabilities. If you are savvy with your data and conceptual understanding of the field you will immediately appreciate the abstraction layer that provides a wide range of tasks across the CRISP-DM lifecycle. It is a great tool that accelerates tackling the Data Science questions at hand fast. One of the greatest features is the Auto Model feature. It helps with assessing a whole bunch of algorithms (including Deep Learning) versus a given data set at once. Which enables users to best decide beforehand which algorithm would be the best answer to for their questions.

The addition within the new version of the turbo data preparation also transforms a lot within the CRISP-DM development lifecycle. It literally saves 80% of the time wasted on preparing the data through many running both PCA and normalization. The tool also addresses the problems of multicollinearity and missing value imputation usually diminishes the performance of the models.

Quite a complete Data Science tool !

What do you dislike?

Visual graphs from the different algorithms within the tool

Artificial Intelligence research work

Cristian Dario O.

"Rápido, e intuitivo, tanto para expertos como para principiantes..."

What do you like best?

Entorno de trabajo cómodo, e intuitivo, con ayuda durante el desarrollo del proceso

Actualizaciones apropiadas, con mejoras, como la posibilidad de automodelización

Cantidad de algoritmos para modelar, agrupados por características...

Buenos gráficos, y opciones para visualizar el resultado del proceso...

Facilidad de parametrizar los diferentes algoritmos...

Visualización del proceso de minería de datos....

El contenido de la ayuda es apropiada....

What do you dislike?

Pocas opciones en los gráficos de tres dimensiones, como por ejemplo, el tamaño de los puntos, que son pequeños, si fueran mas grandes se podrían visualizar mejor...

Me gustaría que los gráficos en tres dimensiones se puedan mover sobre sus ejes automáticamente, durante un lapso de por ejemplo, cinco segundos, y poder grabar la secuencia para exportarla a un documento, como si fuera un video, que permita ver por ejemplo, la composición de los clusters...

Me gustaría la versión en castellano, para comprender mejor el contenido de la ayuda...

Estaría bueno que la versión educacional se pueda extender a los alumnos y los profesores, y poder realizar minería de datos en equipo de trabajo, tal como en un curso, o en una materia de posgrado o doctorado, con mejores opciones de almacenamiento en la nube.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Me gustaría que este en castellano

Estoy usando la aplicación para estudiar los algoritmos, base para mi tesis doctoral de Ciencias Económicas, mención Contable. En principio me interesan los modelos para detectar fraude, y poder minar datos en Informes Financieros, o dataset impositivos.

Vladimir M.

"Endless capabilities both for novices and experts"

What do you like best?

- Intuitive interface, robust software operation

- Almost every imaginable data input format is supported

- Constant development and adding new features, big and small. Super fast bug fixes.

- Huge coverage of all possible machine learning algorithms, I think ~98% of all imaginable data science use cases can be covered with RapidMiner only

- Scalability and deployment capabilities: from studio to server to deployed models in very short time.

- Super quality of educational materials provided, adding new materials all the time

- Very thorough documentation on product capabilities and features

- Responsive and active community always willing to help

What do you dislike?

- Poor graphic plotting possibilities, very little option to configure plots

- Not all runtime error messages are intuitive enough

- Process and repository handling could have used more transparent versioning control

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't expect 'magic': you still have to understand basics of machine learning, as well as spend some time learning how to use the software efficiently. If possible, RM training course is highly recommended. Once this is done, you'll experience full benefits of this great product.

- Fraud detection modelling

- Customers segmentation

- Text analytics

- Data mining

Main benefit is the speed of at least building prototypes - you can get a model ready in some 30 minutes, including all the data preparations.

Betsy C.

"Great tool for Institutional Research (in higher ed)"

What do you like best?

I deal with messy data from many sources. I need a tool that helps me pull together and utilize data in this kind of environment as efficiently as possible. The company seems to be very responsive to customer needs and keeps adding functionality that is practical for the user. I'm really impressed with the interface as well.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to share RapidMiner files/processes with the other staff member in my office. Our budget will never allow for a full on server type sharing product. So I guess I feel like RapidMiner's products are heavily geared towards corporate uses, and sort of fail to meet the needs of small, education, and non profit organizations. Everyone has data management needs in the modern world; but lots of organizations aren't about using data for generating profit. We need tools too.

I especially love RapidMiner for the data cleaning and preparation processes that I have to repeat either annually or each semester (I work at a college). I also often use RapidMiner to validate my data or look for potential errors.

Jerzy G.

"RapidMiner Studio: intuitive and self-explanatory tool for machine learning"

What do you like best?

- The graphical modelling workflow: it's not only easy to design and build a machine learning model, but, even more importantly, to explain it to internal customers (your boss, your colleague, end user, factory staff, you name it).

- The Automodel feature: it is enormously handy in setting up a quick data analysis. It guides the user from the begin till the end. It provides very useful metrics about the imported data, and builds a couple of pre-defined models for you.

What do you dislike?

- The plotting and visualization is really crude. The customization of the graphs is hardly possible. Exporting the graphs (to PowerPoint for example) is (afaik) not trivial - I had to use screen clipping for the lack of a better alternative.

- Apparently there is no tool for exploratory data analysis.

- The execution of complex workflows is serial, even though there are obvious parallelization opportunities.

I used RapidMiner for prototyping machine learning workflows. For me, it shortened the time needed for setting up a decent ML predictive model from ~2 days to half a day. This includes evaluating several model prototypes and getting the insights what model would work best with my data.

Sheetal S.

"Lightning Fast"

What do you like best?

NO BLACK BOX concept. I have used other data science tools, but my concern was how these tools determine optimal values for algorithm and what are these value. But in RapidMiner I can self tweak and automatically optimize the parameter values as well. This is just one of the many benefits I had from No Black Box concept.

Intuitive GUI is another USP of RapidMiner Studio for beginners and experts. It has a help section with detailed documentation and quick tutorials which is very informative to know the logic behind every operator. I have learnt a lot of concepts from there.

What do you dislike?

RapidMiner Server needs to be redesign and more dynamic functionalities can be added in Web App.

RapidMiner Studio should have multi-process tab and github integration(just a suggestion).

I have been solving diverse problems using RapidMiner. I've tried algorithms on clustering, anomaly and outlier detection, classification, regression, keras, Text Mining (I've explored Rosette, Aylien text, meaningclous, edda etc). I have also been using RapidMiner for ETL jobs.

In terms of benefits, it has reduced my development time by many folds. Coding the same jobs in python used to take so long and then deploying it into production was again a challenge.

But RapidMiner is super easy to build solutions from end to end.

Ricardo Q.

"Sophisticated, powerful and non-demanding"

What do you like best?

I have a two-core i3 that I run RapidMiner on. I don't work with millions of data but I do teach. The software is stable to any query you may have and only consumes the necessary resources. That means that your code is designed only to cover my query and has no "hidden" routines that are consuming my CPU or memory.

The community behind Rapidminer is a guarantee that no matter what problem you get into, you will find help and a possible solution.

Plugins help me to experiment with different approaches to address a problem, so for research, RapidMiner is a very useful toolbox.

Without much effort I have obtained an education account and this has allowed me to use more data than I used initially.

What do you dislike?

While the interface is intuitive (it reminds me of the psychomotor process used in the MIT Scratch application), the learning curve is pronounced. I've been using this tool for a couple of years now, and I still don't feel safe teaching my students about RapidMiner.

The problem is that there is no documentation in Spanish and only a few videos in my language. The problem is not the amount of material, but the depth of the content. Learning the basics of Rapidminer is easy, finding the details of how to use the plugin parameters is difficult, even in the English material.

I would like the community to meet in a VBulletin-type forum, the current tool is not professional enough.

RapidMiner scripting through Python is simpler than the R programming language, although the programming is still complex (I am a programmer).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Useful for data recovery, processing and analysis. Ideal for entering the world of Data Science. Useful for those who do Text or Data Mining.

The professionals who come to my class come with needs to acquire skills in structuring, processing and analyzing financial data. Excel or PowerBI are not enough for some of the problems being addressed.

Some of them arrive with some queries that they can't make in IBM SAP or find very complicated in that tool.

In the Business Intelligence Diploma, when we have to talk about Data Mining, I give them guidelines to enter the world of RapidMiner.

Dr. Gernot H.

"RapidMiner Studio"

What do you like best?

The graphical user interface is very intuitive and RapidMiner is very easy to start with.

It offers good and meaningful default values for beginners in every operator.

Since you are able to see what you are doing, it is quite easy for beginners to understand

the science behind.

The computation speed is really fine even on notebooks (when trying out to sketch a new process).

What do you dislike?

RapidStudio charts are looking a bit old fashioned and simple (compared to BI solutions such as PowerBI or Tableau).

Configuration of axes and labelling formats is not possible in the simple charting modes and the complex charts are not easy to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will be able to get data easily into RapidMiner as well as first useful results.

The RapidMiner Book is great and offers a good starting point for analysing with RapidMiner.

In combination with a other books (such as "Data Mining for the masses" from Matthew North as well as

"Predictive Analytics and Data Mining" from Deshpande and Kotu), soon you will know enough to help yourself and tackle every data problem.

I adore Ingos youtube channel and he has got talent explaining things easy.

That's a real valuable ressource for Data Scientists and students alike.

Since I am teaching, I am trying to cover everything from clustering, classification,

association rule mining and regression. Some of my students have used RapidMiner Studio for Text Mining purposes as well and where obtaining good results (within their thesis e.g.).

Nicolò S.

"An intuitive, complete, ready to use Data Science solution with Machine Learning algorithms"

What do you like best?

The UI is very intuitive, it's easy to play around with advanced machine learning algorithms with the simplicity of a drag and drop, flow-based interface.

It's easy to integrate RapidMiner with and ETL process, as it can connects to several DBMS and also Cloud Storage services, and it is also easy to integrate it with BI Tools, as it can output data to DBs or even expose data through webservices (OData) by using Rapid Miner Server.

One of thing I liked the most is the impressive quantity and quality of the documentation, that can be found both inside the application and in the website. It's not just a getting started documentation, it really delves into the details of each algorithms and gives you a non negligible free know-how; there is also a considerable number of tutorials and examples directly accessible from the documentation items. On top of that, there is a very effective series of video training available on the website, which guides you through implementing the major steps of a Data Analysis solution.

What do you dislike?

The RapidStudio Server UI it's a bit old fashioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a very good customer support and they offer free webinars on how to use the application.

Ingo, the company founder, also has a YouTube channel where he effectively explains the basic idea behind the most important ML algorithms and why to use them.

I'm trying several techniques for outliers detection, machine learning algorithms offers several way to do that and RapidMiner is an easy and ready to use solution that implements those algorithms.

Iwan P.

"Easy Data Mining by RapidMiner"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner Auto Model,

1. Very convenient for us in accelerating data preparation and analyzing data to identify quality problems in general,

2. We can automate predictive modeling by suggesting the best machine learning techniques to our students, producing prediction models that are optimized and cross validation can be done.

3. So this feature provides exceptional and extraordinary motivation especially for the students who are less experienced or less like to programming coding.

What do you dislike?

In the meantime I don't have an idea.

Because of the teaching material and currculum that I have given in the class, has been fulfilled by the features and convenience provided by RapidMiner currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very Recommended for the novice profession as a data scientist,

1. It is highly recommended to take advantage of the advantages and features provided in Rapid,

2. It is very helpful and provides easy understanding to implement data mining and data science.

1. As a lecturer, RapidMiner is very helpful for me to be able to provide understanding and teaching how to do the data mining and data science.

2. With the various conveniences and features available on RapidMiner, it is very easy for me to create a teaching curriculum for the big data analytics course.

3. Especially with the provision of licenses for education, it is very helpful for us in academia with the various features that we make use of RapidMiner.

Bernardino B.

"It was the ease of getting into the results I wanted - rapid determination of interacting factors"

What do you like best?

Comparative analysis of results from all possible models from their figures of merit in terms of errors from the prediction in the shortest possible time

What do you dislike?

Does not generate a model diagram or graphics for Deep Learning models also Predictive Model equations

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider Rapidminer to quickly determine the interacting factor or attributes that can contribute to a predictive model and then dig deeper into the best model it suggests.

The determination of interacting attributes from agronomic factors or attributes in Pineapple fruit growing to be able to predict Yield and Vegetation Health. The complexity of agricultural processes that are measurable in terms of attributes or factors can now be modeled way beyond the usual linear regression and statistical design of experiments.

Dóra M.

"A fantastic data miner solution"

What do you like best?

This tool has a very intuitive and very easy to use user interface that makes the software very easy to learn even for beginners. It has wide range of machine learning algorithms and other data science capabilities. In terms of data sources, it can handle almost every type. One of the key and most likable features is that they constantly develop the software and fix the bugs fast

What do you dislike?

The visualization and its configuration part is very poor, The graphics look very outdated. It can be quite slow sometimes, especially when it comes to big and complex data mining models. I miss the data exploration functionality of the tool as well

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great software for data miners and data scientists. So don't be afraid to try it out, even though it looks difficult to use in the beginning. They have a brilliant user community which is very helpful and friendly

The tool provides a good deal of machine learning algorithms and a huge number of functions, which makes this tool a great choice for data mining purposes. It is easy to use and easy to work with, can be integrated with R and Python, which I found very useful

Ralph P.

"Excelente experiencia!"

What do you like best?

Voy a hablar de mi experiencia con este producto increíble !.

Rapid Miner es una herramienta tan completa que nos ha permitido acceder a datos en tiempo real, datos limpios de algoritmos avanzados, crear un conjunto de datos óptimo y también nos ha permitido descubrir patrones o problemas de datos. Nos ayudó, así que podemos decir que es una buena herramienta para crear modelos y luego realizar análisis predictivos de grandes volúmenes de datos.

What do you dislike?

No tenemos problemas con este producto, ya que hemos aumentado nuestros ingresos, ya que también hemos podido crecer un poco más como organización. También ha sido nuestra solución que facilita el autoservicio de análisis predictivo, que permite un análisis avanzado con solo arrastrar y soltar y, opcionalmente, la generación de código.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

mi recomendacion es probar este producto!

No tengo palabras para describir lo útil que ha sido para nuestra organización implementar esta plataforma imbatible, que nos ha permitido optimizar nuestra forma de trabajar, porque RapidMiner es muy simple y entretenido de usar para nuestros usuarios potenciales.

Eduardo Miguel d.

"Fast and Easy"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use: there was a very diverse cohort in my Data Mining class, where RapidMiner was introduced to me, and I can testify how psychologists, music professors and political scientists were twitching and tweaking ML models in no time.

The speed. It amazed me how, in a matter of minutes, you can pass from importing the data to clustering, classifying and/or forecasting. The in-built data visualization is very good: never felt like using Tableau when using RapidMiner.

What do you dislike?

Its documentation is not as extensive as the one you can find with TensorFlow, Pytorch or MATLAB. In addition to this, the online community is very small.

Also, it is a bit pricey: Of course, compared to Python and R which are Open Source anything is expensive. Nonetheless, compared to MATLAB, I would say RapidMiner has a greater value for money if your company is looking to implement AI within the organization as fast as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As the documentation is not as detailed as TensorFlow or MATLAB, you might rely on official software support. The cool thing is you might get support from Dr. Ingo, RapidMiner's creator!

RapidMiner's GUI is very intuitive and it kind of walks you through all the steps generally accepted as good industry practices in Data Analytics.

Client churn rate from a bank.

Business School applicants' employability forecasting.

Client segmentation for a magazine marketing campaign.

Credit approval by forecasting default probabilities.

Farhana R.

"RapidMiner is a great data analytics instrument!"

What do you like best?

There are several things I like a lot from using RapidMiner and it's a great tool to have predictive data analytics and text analysis monitoring and overseeing as well. It has certain features that makes it reliable and user-friendly within your peers and collaborators within your company, like for example: its GUI is pretty intuitive and very easy to get familiar with. New users are going to be blessed by using it, it comes with a user-guide manual for get into business. And offers a smooth workflow where you can see all the things that are done and are pending in just one place.

What do you dislike?

Something I find annoying is the fact that charts and schematics for text analytics from RapidMiner are a little bit outdated from what seems to be 2013 architecture of the software but it's not a problem. Also pricing is something I can relate here, it’s a very expensive tool to get into work but once implemented this would get you the most of your company's revenues in less than 6 months and I'm very sure of that. And overall, this tool is a great product to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RapidMiner is by far a must have software solution if you're looking for text analysis and predictive analytics solutions out there, It has everything in place in order to give you a great experience.

RapidMiner has helped us a lot by improving our techniques for data correlation and data analysis by text with the predictive analytics at the same time while all the analytics and surveys that are done are being analyzed and treated as good information in order to give algorithms a way to do all the job.

Andrew F.

"RapidMiner is very useful!!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about RapidMiner is the way in which data can be extracted to pontificate the possible sales and consumption through its predictive analysis tool. With RapidMiner you can obtain great benefits in your company, thanks to the versatility of this super tool.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the disadvantages of RapidMiner is its complexity. It would be a good idea to include very specific tutorials when buying the licenses, since they are very expensive. In addition, RapidMiner must be combined with the great diversity of development languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think my only recommendation for this product is to use it because it is an excellent tool that can help you in the analysis of any module of your company

I believe that while we use RapidMiner in our company, revenues have improved significantly, due to RapidMiner's ability to automate the parameters of the modules created by our users to obtain an optimal predictive analysis.

David N.

"An excellent product to use!"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, RapidMiner is one of the best tools we that use in our company today, because it has allowed us to perform predictive analysis in models of large volumes of data. Its unique method of data extraction has allowed us to predict sales, consumption, customer segmentation and purchases.

What do you dislike?

RapidMiner probably needs some adjustments to improve its performance. RapidMiner should be increasingly easy to use, as it can be very complex to use. It would also be a good idea to improve the prices of the annual packages, since they are too expensive. I would like that RapidMiner generates codes automatically in any fourth generation programming language based on the development model

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations for people who want to use RapidMiner is to trust the efficiency of this software, which has potentially changed our company, since we have many different databases and this makes our organization much more proactive.

The best thing RapidMiner as a tool is that it has made things easier for our company, because it gives us the automatic optimization of the parameters of our created data modules, besides its efficient connection with almost all data sources make the data are easily integrated into a single environment. In this way we have obtained a noticeable increase in our annual income.

Manuel K.

"Rapidminer fits exactly the needs for an fast and flexible Predicitve Analytics Solution"

What do you like best?

The simple useage and the possibility to learn all necessary aspects in a short amount of time so you can do professional data science very fast and easy. The frontend shows all essential parts on one view and you can customize the view exactly to your needs to support your personal preferences while working. The flexible design of a process throgh the Operators that are exactly described right within the Software and even linked to a use case showing the function of each Operator.

What do you dislike?

The large amount of RAM used to handle large datasets (e.g. to join them) and no possibility (i know) to have an alternative to work around this Problem and the vizualisation engine feels a bit slow slow sometimes when handling large datasets.

I use Rapidminer to do Predictive Analytics processes as well as Research with Text Mining proceses in the area of Marketing and Sales. I get a lot of additional insights to use and have a scoring for potential customers to evaluate the best possible customers on the market.

Hayato I.

"RapidMiner is Wonderful Data Science tool"

What do you like best?

I know a lot of Data Science/Data mining/Stats software, but RapidMiner is the best at this moment. Easy to use, Cost is low, has most of the algorithm/stats, Collaboration with Python/R. You can try any models by a free license (running up to 10,000 records). When you try Turbo Prep and Auto Model, you will be enchanted by RapidMiner.

What do you dislike?

RapidMiner should open up new functions such as Turbo Prep and Auto Model to Free users

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm Positive very much.

It gives data science evidence to my business reports. Predict demand from time series data. Find the correlation from many variables. Find the continuity of demand from many variables. Find the trends of demand from many variables.

"Predictive Analytics software without a need to write single line of code"

What do you like best?

The options for choosing between different machine learning algorithms is the key feature for the RapidMiner software, the extensive documentation about each operator is very helpful for the beginners. The new option of data prep is similar to the data prep options available for various business intelligence tools which had streamlined my pipeline and made it more efficient.

What do you dislike?

The only downside about the RapidMiner is the data visualization part, the basic charts/visualization is easy to customize but when you dig deep and perform advanced visualization that's where the entire process becomes very complicated, I have tried numerous times the advanced features after reading the documentation but couldn't figure out the parameters and the customizing the graphs options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is apt for predictive analytics and it offers a wide range of machine learning algorithms from unsupervised, supervised, and association analysis and the option of parameter tuning helps to cut out the time spent on programming languages while this product simplifies the data ingestion process and have the option to connect to various data sources. The documentation about each operator is offered with an explanation which is resourceful.

1. The option of ingesting data from various data sources

2. The process of preprocessing the data or data munging is streamlined.

3. The option of choosing between various machine learning algorithms is helpful to compare the accuracy rate and efficiency between the forecasting models.

4. The option of time series modeling and forecasting.

"Devote your time to what actually matters"

What do you like best?

With Rapidminer, I don't have to look up how to code something. My coding isn't bad at all, but even with that, with so many available frameworks and different API documentation, it becomes really hard to figure out just the right lines of codes to accomplish the task.

Rapidminer helps me design the models in ways that are intuitive and I literally just need to make some connections and viola! it's done.

What do you dislike?

Every tool has some problems, so does Rapidminer. While being abstracted from all the happenings inside the "operators" has its pros, if you don't have any idea what it actually does, making the right tuning really becomes difficult. Documentation that keeps in mind that maybe the user doesn't know anything about the operator or what is does and explanation to the simplest level is needed. I know this might be a tough thing to do, but if I had to "dislike" something in Rapidminer, this would be it.

I am a student and haven't really solved any business problems per se. What I have solved are problems on various datasets that are available through various competitions or are open-source.

The benefits Rapidminer provides in EDA is HUGE!! I can get a general idea from the 1st step itself and that's awesome. Also, tinkering with the models is quick and easy.

Michael G.

"RapidMiner - An Agile Solution for Machine Learning Based Problem Solving"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner is a comprehensive and intuitive structure for managing end-to-end machine learning problems. Data can be easily aggregated from multiple sources and prepared thru standard reusable operators and processes. Applying multiple methods to gain insights into useful patterns is easily performed\learned in a short time without having to master Python, R, and other frameworks.

What do you dislike?

It'd be helpful to provide more transparency in the underlying "math" for those wanting to learn how calculations are performed. Some of this is easy to get to, but some of the methods provide results without the ability to drill into the underlying calculations. Maybe there could be links to open resources like Coursera, Khan Academy, MIT, etc. where excellent examples beyond the RapidMiner documentation and tutorials are provided.

We're using RapidMiner to measure the susceptibility of infrastructure failure (water systems, energy, roads, etc.)

Lindsay H.

"Intelligent and ituitive software"

What do you like best?

Pretty much every possible information input position is upheld. Instinctive interface, powerful programming activity. Consistent advancement and including new highlights, of all shapes and sizes. Very quick bug fixes. Gigantic inclusion of all conceivable AI calculations, I think ~98% about every single possible datum science use cases can be secured with RapidMiner as it were. Versatility and arrangement abilities: from studio to server to sent models in exceptionally brief time. Excessively nature of instructive materials gave, including new materials constantly. Extremely exhaustive documentation on item abilities and highlights. Responsive and dynamic network continually eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Poor realistic plotting potential outcomes, next to no alternative to arrange plots. It's somewhat hard to share RapidMiner records/forms with the other staff part in my office.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On the off chance that conceivable, RM instructional class is profoundly suggested. When this is done, you'll experience full advantages of this extraordinary item. It is valuable for information recuperation, preparing and examination. Perfect for entering the universe of Data Science. Valuable for the individuals who do Text or Data Mining. It has a decent client backing and they offer free online classes on the best way to utilize the application.

RapidMiner is a simple and prepared to utilize arrangement that actualizes generally calculations. Fundamental advantage is the speed of in any event fabricating models - you can prepare a model in nearly 30 minutes, including every one of the information arrangements. Extortion identification demonstrating. Clients division. Content examination. Information mining

"I used RapidMiner for my assignments for my master degree in information security at NTNU"

What do you like best?

I just love that you can do what seems to be everything. It is easy to get started with the AutoModel feature and build up your experience with both data science and the product. I like the concept of putting feature blocks together and also the flexibility with the marketspace and integrations with python and different machine learning libraries.

What do you dislike?

I'm struggling to find something that I actually disliked. For me it was a great experience and the struggles I had was mainly due to my own impatience that I wanted to learn everything at the same time. I think its important to start small and finding your own pace during the learning process, because it can be a little overwhelming at first.

I used the RapidMiner for analyzing network related traffic in order to extract and analyze threat intelligence. For me the AutoModel was a game changer in order to easily create many different models and attribute selections.

Muhammad Shuzub G.

"RapidMiner has allowed me to visualize and understand my data in greater detail."

What do you like best?

Graphical User Interface and wide range of available operators make common data mining operations easy to understand, accessible and allows building of complex operation above them.

What do you dislike?

Some of the operators such as Outlier Detection take lots and lots of time in computation, for a month consumption data of electricity energy meter the operator took 10 minutes before I aborted the operation and I have yet to find outliers in my data using RapidMiner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RapidMiner is a powerful tool for implementation of data mining techniques and provides a wide range of operators, also GUI is easy to use and has a great online support community.

Pakistan is an developing country and there is a gap in electricity generation and demand. I am using electricity data to optimally minimize this gap by shedding load uniformly across customers without disturbing their normal consumption pattern and comfort level as "Thesis Work".

Georges V.

"It's fast, It's easy to use and above all it is a great tool to learn proper data analysis."

What do you like best?

Modular construction of a model. Taking it one action at the time, that way you do not have to redo the whole module. It is also a lot easier to find where you need to make a change.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Rapidminer at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are serious about Data Analysis, then you need to try Rapidminer. I introduce Rapidminer to all my Lean Six Sigma Green Belts and Black Belts, and everyone of them has indicated that they were seriously impressed.

In the past I used SPSS modeler, but since IBM has bought this software I have lost track. Rapidminer uses similar modular methods and I am still in the process of becoming more familiar with it all, but it definitely has a lot better educational support.

Hong Z.

"RapidMiner, an easy to use but powerful data mining tool"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner is very easy to use. With a little bit tutorial, a beginner can quickly start learning data mining by using RapidMiner. This tool is written in Java, which means that it can work on any platforms. Its basic version is free, and for education purpose the fully function version is available for free, too. I adopt this tool as a major data mining tool in my Introduction to Data Mining course. It is best for students with little data mining knowledge.

In addition, the documentation is great. Users can read documents on the right-bottom when an operator is selected. This makes it so handy to learn the details about an operator

What do you dislike?

So far I do not have anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this is a great software that I would recommend.

1. using as a major tool for teaching students.

2. I also begin to use it for my own data mining research

Mark P.

"RapidMiner; A Career Starter and a Problem Solver"

What do you like best?

RapidMiner allows you to utilize the discoveries of the statistical/mathematical/programming communities with little prior knowledge of theory and no experience with coding. The RapidMiner community provides educational videos as well as face-to-face workshops and webinars. On top of that, there are tutorials in product that help new users adjust quickly to the program and to the field.

What do you dislike?

The company promotes education at its own expense and is doing great work for the business/data science communities. Some webinars/videos that they provide are business orientated while some are theory leaning. The only thing that I dislike is the amount of videos (there are hundreds) to watch and so little time to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out for yourself, it's free! The tutorials take less than a few minutes and you'll catch on quickly, I guarantee it!

Programming is allows flexibility at the cost of time. RapidMiner saves that time spent configuring code and allows you to link other languages such as R to restore that flexibility.

YAHYA N.

"Machine learning algorithms and weka extension"

What do you like best?

It makes running the algorithms easy even with big data.

Organizing the dataset files in such a way you see everything better.

Very helpul and very easy to use, just basic knowledge in ML and RapidMiner does the rest.

The weka extension in RapidMiner iq very helpful I couldn't work with the application of Weka but due to RapidMiner I did.

What do you dislike?

Actually I didn't dislike anything like really, I love that tool.

Just maybe I have some recommendations, it would be very helpful if each time you select an algorithm, maybe a video could pop up describing how to use the algorithm which other algorithms you need with it. It will be very helpful.

I have made couple of researches, and they are all related with ML and big data, so RapidMiner is the number one tool to use in this case.

Katharina M.

"Best Data Science"

What do you like best?

Complex analyses of complex data is made simple in a drag&drop style, presented in layers of abstraction and well documented in understandable terms. This makes an analysis reproducible and easily transferable to another application. In contrast to scripts that cannot be used without its developer, RapidMiner processes are at hand to everybody, instantly.

What do you dislike?

It may happen that you are not so happy with the version that is not for cloud computing. Ok, buy the one with Radoop and all support!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the introductory case processes and play! When going productive, book training and consulting by RapidMiner to gain the full benefit.

Resource saving in production processes is a large field ranging from anomaly detection based on time series over quality prediction based on sensor/machine data from the production process and finally to prescriptive analysis which controls the production through multi objective optimisation.

Ales J.

"RapidMiner as a principal ML education tool"

What do you like best?

We use the Rapid Miner software as a principal software tool in the educational process of future MSc. degree graduates in Control Engineering, courses in Artificial intelligence. The aspects we appreciate most are:

- Availability of educational version on 1-year basis

- A wide range of provided methods

- Ease and real rapidity of the use (worthwhile of the tool name)

- Permanent software development

- Good acceptance from the side of higher-education students

- Good and rapid communication with provider representatives

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything special to dislike. The only thing (just to say something) - when moving from older to newer versions, change of the names of operator grouping have caused some confusions to me. However, maybe an idea for future how to help future customers: in many times unexperinced user may be desoriented by amount of available methods - what about providing an in-built questionaire-like knowledge-based system that would recommend a particular method (or a group of methods) proper for the given problem ... based on questions like: format of input data (numeric, nominal, both), label type (numeric, polynomial, binominal), missing data (yes,no), type of problem (classification, regression, rules), output model (cluster, centroid, hierarchical, prototypes,...)?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try and you will see.

At the moment the tool is used to prepare (educate) future IT professionals (in future mostly employed in electrical engineering industry) - data transformations, classification and regression problems, etc.

UU
User in Utilities

"Using RapidMiner for about a year, and it has definitely added value."

What do you like best?

Definitely the ease of use. The interface makes it very approachable to people without a technical background. Have drop downs/set options for operators is a lot better than digging through code documentation.

What do you dislike?

As with all software, there are still a few bugs (but the support team moves to address them quickly). I do miss using find-replace within my R and SAS code for quickly changing processes to a new problem. I find that I have to go into several operators to fix things in them. Ultimately, de-bugging can take some time. Also, I am still highly reliant on RapidMiner support since the user community is a little smaller than something like R.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build out an in-house training program with tiered internal support.

Right now we are using the text mining and similarity operators to identify duplicate or near duplicate database records. Also, we are doing time series prediction for daily call volumes in our call center (but another group is working on that) Also using it for process improvement, shifting manual queries from databases and excel into a single workflow.

Le H.

"Simple but very Strong"

What do you like best?

GUI is easy to use. Unlimited data size. Speed is very fast. and the most thing I like is the support. License came quickly after I fill in the form. And I can use a free education version in 1 year. That help me so much

What do you dislike?

I don't any thing to dislike. But I hope it can improve speed more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

That is very good for data mining. Although I am a newbie and I don't use all of tool of rapid miner, it is still perfect, atleast i think.

I use RapidMiner to train Self-organizing map for my research. That is a machine learning method in drug discovery. It help me reduce the size of my data, and i can find compounds which is similar to my active compounds.

Jan W.

"RapidMiner in Education"

What do you like best?

About RapidMiner I like best the graphical modelling workflow. For educational purpose it is easy to play around with different algorithms and learn their function. The students are able to see what they are doing and can understand algorithms for data analysis.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the description of complex operators usually contains in only basic informations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend RapidMiner to people who need a program for data analysis and processing. It is also a great aid for teaching both high- and low-level courses.

I am using RapidMiner for educational purposes. The main topics are text mining, text classification and sentiment analysis.

Delano L.

"Focus on the development of analyzes that generate results."

What do you like best?

Rapidminer allows you to build a rationale fluidly. The way the tool was designed makes the whole focus on building powerful analytical models without worrying about specific points. As you build an analytical model and are faced with the need to perform some transformation or correction, you'll find the right operator on RapidMiner to solve the problem. It's amazing how Rapidminer keeps its efforts in the right spot, without going through the technical implementation line that is time consuming and without allowing you to develop a simple and wrong model. The flow of the tool causes an immersion in understanding aspects of each operator used and give you security of the model that was created. All this with a good performance for large databases. For me, working with market intelligence is perfect, keeping my focus on finding the best results. At the same time that you use RapidMiner, you develop a learning cycle that transcends the tool and goes into questions about how the various algorithms work. You are asking the right questions and increasing your power of understanding.

What do you dislike?

Although it does not seem to be one of its focuses, it would be interesting if RapidMiner had more options for visualizing data and that in some way facilitated the construction of reports, without the need of other tools, such as Excel or Tableau.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool.

I have mainly used for the construction of analytical models focused on analysis of unstructured data, mainly of social media. I have currently used RapidMiner to analyze sales data and other quantitative data, such as demand forecast data.

Taz M.

"Great tool that keeps getting better."

What do you like best?

I have used this tool since I started data analytics in college and found it relatively intuitive to use even with little mining/ analytics experience. I like the speed at which I can build processes- and the ease at which I can test and change out elements. I also like the five minutes with Ingo series!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the documentation can get a little difficult to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Versatile tool that goes beyond basic etl and is constantly improving

Churn models. Text Mining. Sentiment Analysis. Data cleaning.

Always amazed at the speed at which data can be tamed and turned into insight. Sometimes there are hiccups and it takes longer. Most of the time, however, reporting the findings takes the bulk of the day.

Marko M.

"Motivates students to learn machine learning"

What do you like best?

I like intuitive user interface. Because of it, novice users quickly get a grip on basic machine learning steps. A lot of time spent when performing a machine learning task is usually spent with data pre-processing and trying to understand, what data means. Rapidminer offers a plethora of possibilities to import the data from various sources and formats, as well as some really powerful data visualization tools. All major ML models are also included. It is also very nice to have free academic licence available - for students and instructors. Academic licence is easily and quickly obtainable and the process does not require lengthy bureaucratic procedure.

What do you dislike?

I personally dislike that some metrics for performance of the models are missing. I have been unable to find adjusted R squared parameter for evaluation of multiple linear regression models. I could also benefit from additional metrics for feature relevance. For example i could benefit from standardized multiple linear regression coefficients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at their tutorials. They provide quick start into machine learning.

If you are entitled for academic licence - it is free. When you will need it to support a business case, in my opinion the licence price is reasonable.

I am using Rapidminer in lab classes. I am also using it to rapidly test and evaluate research related ideas.

Learning about RapidMiner?

* We monitor all RapidMiner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.