ADP Vantage HCM

ADP Vantage HCM

3.8

ADP Vantage HCM is a strategically focused, globally scalable HR system that delivers unmatched expertise and service, comprehensive unified services, innovative and intuitive technology, and valuable insights to help unlock your workforce’s maximum potential.

Work for ADP Vantage HCM?

Learning about Vantage HCM?

ADP Vantage HCM Reviews

Ask Vantage HCM a Question
Showing 186 Vantage HCM reviews
Dennis K.

"ADP Vantage"

What do you like best?

Vantage is a solid HRIS platform that has a wide range of available modules that can be implemented (or not) at the organization's discretion. The software is complex, but it needs to be, and upgrades are released by the ADP team on a regular basis. They actively listen to customer feedback through a variety of forums, even if implementing a solution might take quite some time.

What do you dislike?

We have a fast-paced business and our ADP support team seems at times unable to keep up. We have submitted quite a few enhancement requests and known defects of the software, and unfortunately we don't often see that any of them have been fixed. It seems parts of ADP work in silos and don't communicate with each other as much as they should.

We have automated a great number of tasks that previously required manual work and/or duplication of work. There are dozens of daily, weekly, and monthly automated file feeds going to various other systems and vendors so we can ensure the number of errors in our data is minimized.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP Vantage HCM
Rosa N Kristo S.

"ADP Vantage"

What do you like best?

What I like best about using ADP Vantage is being able to have a website where I can log in from home and check important work related information, such as my paystubs, the hours I have work, submit any time off hours I need to have by the end of the payroll. This makes it easier so I don't have to come into work just to view this information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't any issues that I have with using AP Vantage. Maybe a dislike that could be a preference for people is how any company that uses ADP all of their paystubs will show on ADP with each company they received that uses ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP vantage is going in the right direction compared to other systems.

We realized we had to switch to a program that would get compromised. Our company used to use a program called Ultipro and someone compromised all of our employee's information. We switch to ADP and have yet to see any problems arise.

What Multi-Country Payroll solution do you use?

Lydia C.

"More than just HR, Payroll and Time"

What do you like best?

The way ADP is constantly making Vantage HCM more user friendly and simple for the most complex user as well as the light users. You can get reporting or process data you need to regardless of your expertise level. ADP has introduced some really slick enhancements these past few years, and I can't wait to see what's coming next!

What do you dislike?

There is so much I do like about ADP Vantage, but I can certainly find a few things I don't like. I would like certain screens to open in another tab, such as items within the NAS Support Center, so I can toggle back and worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company to work with, and the product will give you what you need. The flexibility within the HCM product is remarkable. Lots of customizable options.

It's a one stop shop for all employee's, Manager's, and Practitioner's needs, that alone solves multiple problems. Have been able to streamline processes, make things more efficient.

Raul R.

"one of the best programs I could try."

What do you like best?

What I like most about using ADP Vantage is being able to have a website where I can log in from home and look at important information related to the work I do, such as my paychecks, the hours I have at work and the free hours I need to have at the end of my paycheck. This makes it easier, so I don't have to go to work just to see this information.

What do you dislike?

I have no problem with the use of AP Vantage. Perhaps an aversion that could be a preference for people is how any company that uses ADP will show on ADP all their pay stubs with every company that receives that uses ADP.

We realized we had to switch to a program that would be compromised. Our company used to use a program called Ultipro and someone compromised all of our employees' information. We switched to ADP and we haven't seen any problems yet.

Shelly G.

"Vantage not best option for payroll only clients"

What do you like best?

It does have some good options and enhancements.

What do you dislike?

We were forced to migrate onto this platform which is primarily focused on HMC clients and we are payroll only. It took a lot of work to make usable and not all requirements are easy to configure. In the migration we lost some functionality that we were not made aware of until very late in the process - some after migration complete which we are still trying to work around.

The system can be very buggy and error messages are not always intuitive.

Everytime you run a report an urgent notification is generated which makes the message center useless. Could we save the 'urgent' notifications for the really important stuff. It is difficult to wade through the useless notices.

On screens with multiple tabs - if you are trying to review changes - once you select a different date it brings you to the 1st tab in the menu instead of staying on the tab you are currently reviewing. It creates lots of extra keystrokes and makes reviewing history burdensome.

Sorts are inconsistent by page - no standardization between screens - for example some alphabetize with #s at the top of the list and some with #s at the bottom of the list.

It is clear that the programming teams did not work together as how rows are displayed, and how common functions work seem to differ based on the page you are looking at instead of having a standard convention for all.

Why does the system allow for changes to historical information to be made - can't go back in time to change how a check was direct deposited but the system will allow you to make a backdated change to the information.

The system was forced on us before it was ready and the amount of beta testing we had to do as a client trying to rollout was cumbersome.

we are able to run a payroll on this platform

Brittany K.

"Good step in the right direction but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

I know our payroll department has found it to be one of the most useful software programs that they have used over the years. From the HR side, ADP Workforce now is a little more focused on the payroll tracking than it is from an HRIS perspective. It would be nice to have the option of pushing information into ADP as well, but from my understanding. At this time ADP is only working with pushing information out of ADP into another system.

What do you dislike?

Specifically some of the fields are not as adaptable to help with our reporting needs. Additionally, the reporting set up is a little time consuming. Most of the time I end up just selecting the fields I need, and then do a large data dump, because it is too difficult to manipulate the data within the ADP system.

Invest in the onsite set-up help for things like workflows and best practices. Also, attend as many of the free training courses as possible. That free resource is a great way to help guide you through some of the additional features are that you may not have originally asked for with ADP. It is a great way to get to test some of the software add-ons in the training setting while still being instructor led.

Maria G.

"a much needed software in my company"

What do you like best?

Very functional and with all the features appropriate for its functionality its atuomatization, the benefits function shows compatibility and connection with files, we were very satisfied with the business plan when we used it and the management of payroll, taxes, utilities and ad-hoc reports was very simple and efficient, it is a great product in its category.

What do you dislike?

Specifically, some of the fields are not as configurable to help us with our reporting needs. In addition, configuring reports and tabs takes a little time. Most of the time I end up selecting the fields I need, and then I do a big data dump, because it is too difficult to modify the data within the ADP system.

help a lot to generate reports, very useful in the company, without this software we would need much more staff in the company

Nicholas C.

"ADP Vantage HCM is an excellent tool to manage work hours and benefits"

What do you like best?

ADP Vantage HCM is simple to use. I can easily see what hours i worked, how much paid time off I have accrued, and any scheduled absences. We also use it to enroll for health insurance, along with many other benefits. It's also easy to see my pay checks, compensation history, and basically everything else.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it gets buggy on some browsers. I have to use Internet Explorer when accessing it from the office. I also dislike being forced to change my password frequently.

My company uses ADP Vantage HCM to enroll for health insurance, view pay checks, view accrued PTO, and basically everything else that would be considered an employee benefit. It also keeps record of things like home address and personal contact information

Kevin G.

"Fantastic and organized solution for HRIS"

What do you like best?

Very complete and with all the features necessary for its functionality its atuomatizacion is very efficient, the benefit function shows the compatibility and connection with files,we was very satisfied with the enterprise plan when we used it and the management of payroll, taxes, profits and hoc reports was very smooth and efficient, it is a great product in its category.

What do you dislike?

Ad hoc reports could be optimized with a better and more visual interface, the tables and fields it includes can be somewhat confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I consider it leader in its category since all its functions cover almost all the needs for the company in this type of software.

We used it for the reports and metrical analysis of the business processes, in an efficient and orderly way thanks to all its tools.

"ADP Vantage - From a Payroll-Only Client"

What do you like best?

I'd say the highlight of this partnership is ADP Support. Whether we have questions regarding system functionality, payroll taxes, garnishments, even reporting...ADP's got it covered. With a dedicated team to service each client and reachable by a phone call, it allows us as administrators in the Payroll Department to feel confident in our ability to get payroll out on time and accurately.

What do you dislike?

ADP still lacks in canned report formatting, which are not typically, if ever, available in an Excel-friendly format...or anything other than PDF. The content is not searchable in a normal fashion, making it difficult to mine through data when necessary. There is also some functionality lacking related to the ESS Deduction screen, which leads to more administrative work than I'd deem necessary. However, it seems that few clients use the deduction ESS at the volume that we do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Time spent on validation during implementation is CRUCIAL. The cleaner your data is before you go live, the easier things will be for you after the fact!

Moving from an in-house and self-managed payroll system to ADP Vantage brought light into this Firm! The registration process and direct deposit and deduction ESS screens are user-friendly for our employees. The ability to view and download their pay or annual wage statements at a moment's notice are a huge plus. We are a Payroll-only client, so I cannot speak to anything other than the Payroll functions of this system, but it cut our processing time down tremendously, while also improving our reporting and auditing capabilities.

Lissette S.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

There's are a lot of options. Employees can do many actions via self service -- update addresses, direct deposit, tax withholdings, etc. They can also view their info on the go -- the mobile platform is very robust and constantly evolving to meet future needs.

What do you dislike?

Change my password frequently. There is also some functionality lacking related to the ESS Deduction screen, which leads to more administrative work than I'd deem necessary. However, it seems that few clients use the deduction ESS at the volume that we do.

We are a Payroll-only client, it cuts our processing time down tremendously, while also improving our reporting and auditing capabilities.

"Clock in/ Clock out "

What do you like best?

I like that I can clock in through my cell on ADP. I have the option to keep the location feature on or off. I usually choose off just because I hardly ever connect to WiFi and locations are not always accurate. I work at 2 separate departments at 2 different rates. ADP allows me to transfer departments virtually and clock in to the respective department I am working at the moment. ADP also keeps track of payment statements (they have color coded charts), w2s, company benefits/policies, and other useful information that you have access to. It is useful because HR is always busy and may not always be available for immediate responses. ADP has the capacity to have sections for files and information. They show you a tracker of paid time off which is always helpful. Most importantly, they have the capacity to hide pay information where numbers are not displayed for security and privacy purposes.

If you miss a clock in, an administrator has the ability to make corrections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app does not always work. If you have your location off it will sometimes still try to detect it and the clock in feature will not display because it stays trying to locate you. I receive a lot of system errors which may cause a delay in clocking in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is not perfect but definitely one of the best

I realized this is a way for employees to be responsible, remain informed about their pay, paperless statements, and overall practical for everyone.

Kelvin L.

"ADP in a nutshell"

What do you like best?

There isn't really anything I like about ADP it the HCM system stores records as any database should be since our system is so complex. But what it does well is the abundant information it has on it's employee records when searching up an employee the imports into the system also works well.

What do you dislike?

There are mountains of items that are disliked on ADP a few are: time-sync issues to time, random errors when saving records, credentials are cached and does not lock you out (security issues), it's using flash as an key platform, and the list goes on...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have an complex system shy away from ADP if you have a small business it should work great for your environment.

The benefits of ADP HCM for our company it provides a broad detailed for our HR functionalities. Business problems that it solved is that it can handle our complex union CBA setup but there are better solutions out there imo...

"Powerful HCM suite for complex and diverse organizations"

What do you like best?

The user interface for practitioners is pretty easy to use. The biggest positive is actually how employees can do many actions via self service -- update addresses, direct deposit, tax withholdings, etc. They can also view their info on the go -- the mobile platform is very robust and constantly evolving to meet future needs.

What do you dislike?

The functionality unfortunately is still legacy systems -- this is largely a UI on top of that system. So there are limitations with how much can be done especially when it comes to complex compliance requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The implementation can be rough and you need to be on top of the consultants as if you are the project Manager -- do not rely on ADP to manage this implementation.

The biggest one was allowing our mobile workforce to have self-service access to their information as well as their team's information.

Brandon K.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that all of the company tools and resources are readily available to me. It makes trakcing down answers that could be time consuming, an easy task. There are other tools that I have found useful such as the paycheck calculator or having my pay check history/stubs readily available.

What do you dislike?

The paycheck calculator is.useful but I have noticed.some.minor differences from my actual paychecks. Sometimes the site will tell me that I can't have multiple windows open to sign in. Even though I only have one open on my desktop. The app is ok. I think that it there cOuld be updated or a more simple, easy to use on the go Option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mainstream app

This has done wonders for payroll and helps to monitor hours and pay at everyones fingertips. This has helped resolve alot of questions to hr or management.

User in Management Consulting

"ADP Vantage HCM"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and appealing to use. Nice clear layout. One stop shop for a lot of benefits and compensation management. Very intuitive layout and does not really have a sharp learning curve once initial walk thru is done. Can be customized for your specific company. New layout is way better than the previous version.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit overwhelming. Has a lot of special effects at initial log-in which can get annoying after a while. Does take a while to digest and understand all the features and benefits offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Way better layout and features. Some of the start up graphics can be avoided.

Managing performance and benefits for entire organization. Easily helps with end to end activities from recruiting to exit interviews, to everything in between from benefit management, compensation, taxes and reviews.

Mia K.

"great experience! sometimes slow"

What do you like best?

i love how rock solid this software is! i can see vacation time and sick days right on the platform. it is so easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

my software runs slow. not sure if this is a problem with our technology or if it can be fixed but other than that i have NO issue with ADP vantage software!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i have no other reccommendations other than to work on how the software runs on older computers. my organization has older computers and i feel others do as well and have the same problem.

this product makes managing employee hours SO EASY. our staff has a better idea of what their paychecks look like now, and we can review sick/vacation time with them! better communication DEFINITELY

"So-So, Not Intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like the quick access tabs on the top when you log in. this allows me to keep searching people while in the same area, say paystubs, and just keep pulling up pay stubs rather than having to navigate in each profile to get to the pay stubs section after searching for a new person

What do you dislike?

I dont like that when you search in the search box on the top right that you cant click to go to the profile. also, I dont like when you click the search icon to go to the main search screen that you have to click on the persons name then click a category to open their profile. should just have to click the name and open the profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do your research, and make sure you have a team in place who has experience implementing systems

trying to piece together an HRIs type system, that can be rolled out to all our sites. However, the system does not allow for too much creativity for each location and requires standardization.

Laurie S.

"Somewhat user-friendly"

What do you like best?

This system is much more user-friendly from the customer side as opposed to the HR side.

What do you dislike?

The login interface is very janky and buggy. If I mis-type my password, I have to jump through multiple hoops to re-set my password within my company, and the actual interface is so buggy that it makes it likely I'll mis-type it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works best with Internet Explorer.

We use it for our payroll organization.

"Easy to use payroll service "

What do you like best?

Adp is a great software for payroll. I really like how it is super easy to navigate and can download each individual pay stub.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how I have to have two different user names to see my different pays. For a while I was getting two different pay checks, one where I got taxes take out and one where I wasn’t so I couldn’t see my pays in the same profile. I wish it could have all been connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adp is great for users to see what they have made and how much taxes have came out. It also counts down how many days till payday which is helpful.

This question doesn’t apply to the way I use the program.

Marina L.

"perfect program for businesses"

What do you like best?

Me gusta que todo en el sistema esté organizado y rastreado de manera eficiente y efectiva. Todos nuestros registros se mantienen seguros y son de fácil acceso cuando es necesario. Trabajamos mejor y ayudamos a nuestros empleados gracias a ello!

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that my employees have difficulty accessing the records themselves. Overall, it's a great program and we'll continue to use it.

We can outsource our human resources and accounting with this program to keep records, information and paperwork. We are also able to keep everything organized and attainable and keep perfect records.

Ashtin F.

"Easy to use and huge help for HR"

What do you like best?

I like that everything on the system is organized and tracked efficiently and effectively. All of our records are kept safe and are easy to access when needed. We do better work and help our employees because of it!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike may be some of the bureaucracy with ADP. My employees have a difficult time accessing records themselves. Overall, it’s a great program and we will continue to use it.

We are able to outsource our HR and accounting through this program to retain records, information and paperwork. We are also able to keep everything organized and attainable and keep good records.

I
Internal Consultant

"ADP Vantage API integration capabilities"

What do you like best?

We are working on a Project with the ADP to Integrate our Oracle R12 HR Application with ADP Vantage payroll application. They provided us REST web services to communicate our hires, job and salary changes, terminations, etc in Oracle real time to ADP. This helps significantly reduce the data entry effort for the payroll team and keeps both systems in sync.

What do you dislike?

We got support from a really good technical resource at ADP named Trevor Burgess. He had to leave the project and since then we are having difficulty with technical support.

We use ADP primarly for Payroll. We like their Vantage web application and their Mobile App.

User in Medical Practice

"Adp"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of all the options. I also like the time clock and portal access. It seems to be a great program. We use it with the payroll app as well. This one is great for all the employees. I love the news and information. The discounts are awesome as well. I think that it has everything in one spot.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. It works well. It has many qualities to offer. It seems to offer everything we need at a good price. I wish that the product would go on mobile devices easier. I also wish that when it had maintenance it would not shut down the whole site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They could continue to update it as needed. I think that it will continue to help many employees and employers. They could still let you access it even when they are making the updates. This would be helpful.

We use it for everything. We use it for payroll, company paperwork, keeping track of personal information, and much else. We can use it at each clinic even when they are in different locations and states. It helps to bring everyone on to one platform.

"Vantage "

What do you like best?

The best that i like about vantage is that you can access all aspect for the same profile without tow much effort, you go to personal, job, taxes, deposit and so on

Another thing that i like about using vantage is that gives you the options to track all changes to the same profile.

What do you dislike?

Generating reports is kind of difficult for me for some reason, that is why i will take class with vantage for reports. I hope it will help me to get it

running payroll, and tracking employee information and it helps a lot for both

Learn more about ADP Vantage HCM

ADP Vantage HCM Videos

ADP Vantage HCM Downloads

Learning about ADP Vantage HCM?

* We monitor all ADP Vantage HCM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.