3.9

Bronto combines email, mobile and social messaging with drag-and-drop automation in one simple marketing platform that allows you to design and execute personalized campaigns.

Discover why top brands trust Bronto to help them grow their business.

Work for Bronto?

Learning about Bronto?

Bronto Reviews

Ask Bronto a Question
Showing 225 Bronto reviews
Bronto review by Chad T.
Chad T.

"Super-quick email-blast creation."

What do you like best?

The speed and simplicity with drag & drop and content tags makes for quicker email creation.

What do you dislike?

There are times when a mobile image and desktop image show up in the same email. The "hide on mobile" "hide on desktop" feature is great but both images will show up on some emails and makes us look like we don't know what we're doing. It happens every time when an email is forwarded. I've worked around this by making one image that's big enough to read on mobile and is abnormally big on desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know how to drag-and-drop, you know how to create an email in Bronto! You don't have to know HTML or even understand HTML. Using Bronto has simplified my emails making them look a lot cleaner and less cluttered which is more appealing to customers.

When a last minute email-blast is needed I can have one done within 15 minutes including product images and descriptions. Being able to save styles and layouts as a content tag saves a lot of time so I don't have to start from scratch every time.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bronto
Bronto review by Gian S.
Gian S.

"Workhorse of a platform, however lacks a few features integral to modern email automation"

What do you like best?

The message editor and integration to ecommerce platforms like Magento are great bonuses. The ability to pull product details, transactional details, and contact details from the platform allows for great retargeting campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The message editor lacks one key feature without creating the email from scratch in HTML, there is no capability to have containers that occupy 100% width. Another major short coming are the limitations with automation and workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize Bronto, but factor the addons into your budget for the platform, it is definitely these that boost the user experience significantly.

We rely on Bronto for all of our email marketing, email re-targeting, and communicating with our customer base.

Along with email marketing we use Bronto's addons like cart recovery, browse recovery, socialite, and coupon manger to expand our capabilities in the platform.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Bronto review by Galen H.
Galen H.

"Great email with okay with data "

What do you like best?

The options to build out emails is great - the drag and drop editor is nice and easy, and building in HTML/CSS is always an options.

What do you dislike?

Gathering and exporting data from Bronto can be difficult. For examples we have semi-regular data reviews within our team, and we build out delivery groups to see the number of sends/opens/clicks for deliveries like batch and blast and transactional. Making these delivery groups can be time consuming. Additionally, we want to do a bulk export of data into our own data warehouse and the process has been difficult to figure out.

Bronto has made our email program work somewhat effortlessly. Batch and blast emails are easy to send, automated workflows can be set up with little knowledge - as can recommended products.

Bronto review by Belal K.
Belal K.

"Great with a few kinks"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Bronto is the easy email template builder. Drag-n-drop is the best and fastest way to build emails and Bronto has done a pretty good job with it.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like the drag-n-drop feature for building email templates, I also find a few things limiting. You are unable to layer images or have images as backgrounds for text. I have also found that metrics are not as fast we'd like them to be; they don't update in real time. I also dislike the fact that you have to pay extra to host more than 100mb of images. 100mb is a very small amount especially these days. Finally, the fact that many important features that can only be enabled with add-on apps ends up racking up your bill and makes everything quite expensive in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I think Bronto is a great piece of software for marketing and analytics. It just needs some tweaking.

We're able to keep customers in the loop by marketing events and other happenings. Tailoring emails to market to specific groups of customers is great. With metrics we're able to see our strengths and weaknesses and other areas where we need improvement.

Bronto review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"Sr. Marketing Director"

What do you like best?

Bronto encompasses everything you need for your email program to be successful. We are able to segment easily and manage our contacts without any problems. We love the ability to test, test and test again. The real-time analytics allows us to be nimble and make changes on the fly or as needed.

What do you dislike?

The a la carte services such as Abandon Cart and Browse Recovery are separate charges. These are valuable triggered email programs and should not cost extra to our company. I would love to see more consistent training as well. There is so much to their platform that we are still discovering how to use. It would be helpful to have online tutorials readily available for all users. I could also like to see an annual conference surrounding email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Bronto if you are looking for a vendor to help get your email program to the next level. The ease of use and reporting functionality is exactly what every marketer needs! The level of support from the Bronto team is top notch!

Driving current customers to our site everyday.

Bronto review by Graham W.
Graham W.

"Very Intuitive For Such A Powerful Tool"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the email builder is incredibly useful. I myself don't have too much background when it comes to HTML coding for email, so having a WYSIWYG drag and drop editor is amazing. List and Segment organization is next on my list, as I'm currently going through and updating all of these...very easy to search and find information that's needed. The Web Forms tool is extremely useful as well. I consider myself an intermediate email professional, and the Web Forms tool is still intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Currently having a hard time getting New Reports updated on our end (not Bronto's fault, simply an internal issue on my side). Other than that, there's really not much that we can complain about. The customer support is excellent, the email designer is very intuitive, and we've never had issues with the actual tool itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their knowledge base as much as possible. Everything you'll need to know should be found in there. Additionally, find Bronto's channel on YouTube and take advantage of their free tutorials and webinars...there's a lot of very useful information there.

Easily customized drip campaigns, nurture campaigns. We've recently been able to restructure our email strategy to increase click rates and engagement. We're additionally seeing a continuous stream of revenue coming in from cart abandons and drip campaigns, money that otherwise would have fallen through the cracks.

Bronto review by Gardenia Z.
Gardenia Z.

"Pricey but worth it"

What do you like best?

I think Bronto is worth it if you're dealing with a contact list in the hundred thousands. It's easy to create workflows and segments to make sure the right people are getting your message. The logic is simple to understand. There are some handy apps as well like the coupon manager and the homepage pop-up. Something cool about the coupon code manager is that it lets you add customized messages after your coupon expires.

What do you dislike?

The RFM metrics are a bit slow to update. It takes 24 hrs to update if you're using it for a workflow or segment. The only reason this is strange is because there are some other criteria that updates every 15 mins and deal with the same information. Not sure where the disconnect is there. Other than that, everything else is pretty solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coupon code manager is great to use when you want individual coupon codes for special sales. The homepage pop-up is also a good feature. It has the option to a/b test different pop-up designs. It's been useful in testing how well a coupon to first time users works.

We're able to keep track of movement through workflows and see which messages resonate more with our customers. It allows us better hone in on the type of content they want to see. It's also nice that we can create different templates for the type of emails we send out so that way we show what is more relevant depending on the kind of messages we're sending out.

Bronto review by Carl L.
Carl L.

"A great product that has made some improvement, but can improve more."

What do you like best?

This would have definitely fell in the ''dislike'' category not so long ago, but the new user interface has definitely improved my experience when trying to measure the stats of our emails in the delivery menu. The new features such as the ''heatmap'' to evaluate the performance of links and just overall better user interface improves what I thought was initially a bad aspect to Bronto. My initial thoughts were that I felt like the User Interface failed to highlight or give easy access to the main data. I felt like there were too many sub menus, too many ways to view various stats and the new experience definitely centers the attention at the right place and gives us shortcuts to access key data. We also just recently added the option to track the revenue for our emails and the implementation was very easy and so far the stats are accurate and properly shown. Overall, I really like the professionalism and the variety of statistics offered by Bronto.

What do you dislike?

One of the main thing I dislike, a thing that is also challenging with all kinds of apps we use, is that we are a multi country and multi language business. Even though it is the same subject and the same content (image wise), we set up many different deliveries and the process is not always smooth to after go back and add up the stats from different languages and different countries. It would be nice to have some kind of dashboard were even though it's different delivery, a specific board would show us the result based on a subject and not based on the delivery itself. Which means that for example, if I speak about bomber jackets in both french and English, in Canada and the US, that board would show me overall results regardless of languages or countries saying that the bomber jacket subject gave us this statistic. I would also add that Bronto has a lot of features we still don't know about, having more webinars, more training and more ways to look back at Webinars would definitely be a huge plus.

We are an omni-channel business gathering emails from many different sources and Bronto so far eased that process heavily compared to other apps or other softwares. All the imports have been going smoothly and the segmentation process really helps us target the right customers which allowed us to really send curated content to these segments.

Bronto review by Peter F.
Peter F.

"A Marketer's ESP"

What do you like best?

Bronto is a very reliable system that gets the job done with usability as a top priority. With the platform I've been able to quickly stand up behavior based campaigns using the workflow feature and segments. Generally speaking, the add-on apps are easy to deploy and do a great job of extending the platforms capabilities. Bronto may not be the most powerful ESP on the block but it is great for a team that has limited tech resources and needs to get a robust email program in place fast.

What do you dislike?

There are some reporting challenges, which they have been working on, and it could use some tighter site integration to offer more behavioral trigger optimizations. You can still do a lot with the platform but often need to hack together more complex customer interactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand if you need any of the apps when you are negotiating your contract to try to get bulk discounts.

It allows us to quickly deploy batch-and-blast emails as well behavior based trigger campaigns without requiring us to bring on a dedicated email technical resource like a coder or specialized email designer.

Bronto review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Complex software with little support and lots on nickel and diming"

What do you like best?

A lot of the features appear to be good, like cart recovery, newsletter subscription and personalized emails but we never got them to work correctly. The tracking and reporting of emails appear to be good.

What do you dislike?

Setup is one time, if you missed or change anything (like upgrading Magento), then they want to charge again for setup. All the features and services they tout in the sales pitch are extra costs. We made it very clear that we needed coupon codes for the email subscriptions, turned out that this was an additional feature at more cost. We finally agreed on a price and 6 months later have still not used it because the support to set it up was lacking.

The features that you were promised are so complex to setup that it makes it impossible for a small team to manage and their support is a basic ticketing system that does not help much. Promised features, like integrating with NetSuite and our B2B business never happened.

For 3 months, I have not even had Bronto installed in my Magento 2.3 install because their plugin is not compatible. Every few days I get another email from them, "Were you able to resolve your problem?" but no solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must have a dedicated IT professional available to commit a lot of time to management, setup and continued internal support.

In addition make sure that everything that was promised is in writing and in the contract, including support and implementation.

None. Mailchimp was 1/4 of the price with better support. Very disappointed in Bronto.

Bronto review by Caitlin Z.
Caitlin Z.

"Bronto Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the majority of Bronto's functions are quite user-friendly . Having never worked in email marketing prior to my current job, it was easy for me to learn about Bronto.

There are also so many functions, such as automation, that we have been able to enhance our email experience for our mailing list in a relatively short period of time.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue for us isn't so much a Bronto issue as it is an integration issue. Currently, we do not use a CRM or POS system that is integrated with Bronto, so we aren't able to use many of the wonderful functions in Bronto. With that said, I have been able to find work-arounds within Bronto that at least give us a little better picture of our customers. I would love to have a more integrated system so we could use Bronto's functions as much as possible. I would also like to see additional triggers/nodes for automation as that might allow us to increase our use of automated series.

I also dislike how long it takes to load a contact's history when viewing emails they've received, opened, clicked, etc. I probably check an average of 20-30 contact histories a day and the amount of time it takes to look up this information is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bronto has an incredible array of functions that can benefit your company. Just keep in mind that if your POS or CRM systems cannot integrate with Bronto, you may not be able to use all of those functions to the fullest ability.

Being able to see who is opening and clicking on specific emails has been incredibly helpful for us. Because our systems aren't integrated with Bronto, we are not able to see a true conversion rate for each email campaign. However, by looking at the history of each contact who places an online order with us, I can manually batch the orders according to which email our customers are responding to.

We've also noticed that some contacts do not pay attention to transnational emails that are sent through our CRM system, so sending some of these through Bronto (in addition to the CRM deliveries) allows us to capture more attention. And it doesn't hurt that our Bronto emails are much more visually appealing than anything we could create in our CRM.

"Not great UX"

What do you like best?

I like the 15 minute stall after scheduling an email for "now" - has saved us a couple of times. I like how each client is organized into its own group and the latest interface was a major improvement although there is still room to grow. I like being able to quickly see the results of single email on the client's page, the overall design layout of each client's all messages page is nice.

What do you dislike?

the UX of the website is under-developed. It's easy to miss key options when scheduling an email for example (Date & Time should be highlighted in some way.) I've also scheduled emails to go out where they have skipped deliveries because the recipient segment was also accidentally selected on the exlude list - however, this should prompt an error on the verify delivery page, not be scheduled and bounced later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out your own organization system to make the most of the system.

Efficient way to browse between clients and good to see results of each email.

Bronto review by Administrator

"Bronto is Enterprise Level & Reliable"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform and the large number of features available. Segmentation and scheduling message is very easy to do. The interface for creating triggered messages is also very well done and easy to use. Personalization and automation is also very simple. Improvements have been made recently to contact imports and they are much faster than they used to be.

What do you dislike?

Reports and exports take a long time to generate and SMS text messaging is not affordable through the platform. I wish the SMS was cheaper so we could have both email and text messaging under the same platform. The overall cost of the platform is also fairly high when you have a large email list or send a large volume of email.

We use Bronto to schedule email blasts as well as triggered emails and segmented emails to our engage our customers and generate sales. Utilizing automated messages helped us increase revenue through the email channel.

"Bronoto ESP"

What do you like best?

Great platform, fantastic representatives and fast response from online chat cs.

What do you dislike?

Navigational steps to retrieve data such as heat maps.

All Messages

Select the Message (Put a check mark in the box)

Click on the Message Name

Directed to Email Message Page

Scroll down to Deliveries of Message Section

Scroll all the way to the right and select View Delivery Report

Heat Map is an option in the toolbar with (Overview, Deliverability, Opens, Etc.)

I should however be able to retrieve the heat maps following these steps as well…

All Messages

Select the Message (Put a check mark in the box)

Scroll all the way to the right and select View Message Report

Heat Map is not an option in the toolbar with (Overview, Deliverability, Opens, Etc.)

Productivity has greatly improved with the deploy/send process. Data analytics is also a great tool.

Bronto review by Brooke L.
Brooke L.

"Some good features but large issues that affect revenue"

What do you like best?

The ability to remail, easy segment creation, easy email previewing before sending out, easy list creation, ability to send over a span of time to help deliverability.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is unreliable, deliverability metrics are unreliable and overstated, and we have constant issues with hundreds and thousands (depending on the client) of contact statuses that affect whether they receive our marketing emails or not, thus impacting revenue. Also, as an enterprise client, it's annoying that our account manager cannot open tickets on our behalf, we have to go through chat or email every time and re-state issues multiple times.

The aforementioned "what I like best" items apply here as well.

Bronto review by Allison H.
Allison H.

"Bronto "

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is intuitive for anyone that needs to jump in. I also like that our account representative is always available if something is off, or simply if we have a question.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to move lists into their own folders. We create a lot of different lists and not being able to organize them isn't ideal. Delivery information disappears if you delete a list that a particular email was targeted to.

Bronto provides an easy way to communicate with our loyalty customers. We're able to segment our list to optimize results. We are able to create our own workflows to make certain messages automatically trigger.

Bronto review by Katie T.
Katie T.

"Bronto gave us functionality we didn't have!"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, great interface! There are so many more options than we ever had before. The actual Email template is so easy to use and the Support we get from our reps is above and beyond!

What do you dislike?

Honestly haven't found anything to dislike! Occasionally I run into something that is harder to use, but that's my own learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love the automated emails (post purchase, abandoned cart etc). Everything is pretty easy to use and if you have any problems, the Support is terrific.

We are reaching far more people, have much better functionality, reporting and of course increased revenue. Our email stats have all really continued to grow and improve. Love having so many automated emails. No limits!

Bronto review by Kristin Jane S.
Kristin Jane S.

"Mostly Good with Data Desires"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to organize your emails, and of course how to make amazing workflows! Simple as it gets but as complex as you want it to be.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a dislike, but I wish it was easier for my data team to get the information they want. I remember once they wanted to get a specific metric that was hard to get without manually looking through each email.

Other than the obvious email marketing, it has definitely helped engagement on our social media and our website! It has also proved to be a good customer service tool as well.

Bronto review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Good Solution for Mid-Size Businesses"

What do you like best?

I've used Bronto for nearly a year now. I've been impressed with its ease of use and user-friendly interface. The dashboard views provide a useful snapshot of overall account performance and activity, allowing you to jump to key actions within the application. With the multi-brand version of Bronto, switching between our two sub-accounts is very straightforward.

As the primary user of Bronto, most of my time is spent building messages, deploying emails, and reporting back to our internal stakeholders on performance. Bronto makes it very easy to build a message using a solid GUI interface, while still being able to add customized HTML content where needed. Deploying messages is straightforward. I like the built-in A/B testing options, though I would like to a more robust selection of built-in test scenarios and options. They cover the basics: subject line, sender name/address, message & content, plus send date & time.

For list growth, the available pop-up manager app (an add-on, but accessible straight from the UI) is useful and pretty easy for a single person to set up and configure without much coding and design experience. It is not as robust as some third-party pop-up manager applications, but it does provide a decent number of options to create a good pop-up experience to capture new emails subscribers. The pop-up has been one of the most effective ways to organically grow our subscriber list.

What do you dislike?

Compared to some of the Enterprise-level ESP's I've used before (Salesforce Marketing Cloud; Responsys), there are a few things I miss that are not on par in Bronto. The canned reports available in Bronto are decent for deployment/message level reporting, but getting to list or user-level performance has been a challenge for us. No customized reporting is available that I have found, and drilling down into some of the metrics and underlying data has been challenging. Particularly around subscriber bounces and complaints. I like to understand the data behind the metrics, and getting to that level in Bronto is not easy.

List management is something I would like to see improved. Bronto uses a flat database model for subscribers, rather than a relational database model. Every list within the account shares the same set of subscriber fields. For us, that means that consumer data fields and B2B fields are all combined into one flat structure like a spreadsheet, even though they have very different needs and uses. Being able to create separate data tables for the different purposes, related back to a core subscriber record, would be helpful.

Be aware, there are limited campaign and event management options within Bronto (at least from what I have seen). There are no built-in event or webinar management tools, which has been a small issue for our business users. Perhaps something to consider if this is a critical need for your business.

Integration with CRM systems may be problematic. We tried to integrate Bronto with our CRM application for business leads, SugarCRM, but our IT team was not able to make it work. Our IT team has had difficulty getting Bronto to integrate with most of our systems, but I am not sure that is a limitation of Bronto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider Bronto a step up from a small business email application for consumer marketing, like Mail Chimp or Constant Contact. Its integrations with e-commerce platforms like Magento may be useful. The lack of some CRM integrations and event management may be a turn-off if your target customer base is more B2B.

Building the email channel as an effective way to connect with our customers, and drive engagement and revenue has been our primary objective. Consolidating email applications was key. Prior to using Bronto, there were two or three different ESP's in use across our company, between brands and departments. With Bronto, we have been able to consolidate these into one application, using the sub-accounts to break out brands and use multiple lists. We've saved money by dropping the unneeded email platforms and have a more unified view of a customer.

Next steps for us is to bring over transactional emails into Bronto, currently deployed through Magento and Netsuite, and add triggered messaging based on purchase and browsing/carting activity.

Bronto review by Administrator

"Good Platform, Great Service"

What do you like best?

The vast majority of ESP's offer the same benefits and features as Bronto. What sets Bronto apart, however, is that we have a dedicated Bronto account manager who is very responsive to our questions. I also like that we have the ability to chat with live agents whenever we have questions about the platform.

What do you dislike?

Bronto's Browse Recovery app is limited in deployment capabilities since it's can only be triggered in very specific scenarios. Also, their JSON script doesn't pick up category or subcategory browse behavior, which limits our segmenting abilities.

Launching Recommendations Premium has brought many benefits to our program. First, we were able to move our triggered messages off another platform with significant ROI savings. Second, we were able to better customize our rules which lead to an increase in clicks & revenue within the triggered messages. Third, we were able to add personalized recomendations to almost all of our emails and through testing we've determined that emails with recommendations bring in more revenue than those without recs.

Bronto review by User

"User Friendly & Complete Insight"

What do you like best?

Bronto is an easy to use platform that provides all the insight needed for successful e-marketing!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike as it relates to Bronto. Some of the reporting features have changed over time, so potentially a "continuing education" feature or newsletter could be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bronto is an easy to learn platform and can be used by professional with little to much experience. Many of the reports and dashboards are easy to understand and comprehend. Creating lists and segments based on past email performance will only increase your efficiency moving forward. The best part about Bronto is that it provides immediate sales leads and opportunities by paying attention to recipient email performance.

The best benefit to Bronto is that it provides you an immediate understanding of your return on investment. Studying all of the data provided gives you a clear understanding of what is working and what is not.

Bronto review by User

"Good experience using bronto for eDM's"

What do you like best?

The building of an eDM using blocks is a great way for people of every experience level to build an aesthetically pleasing eDM without needing to know code.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Bronto but if I had to try and find something then potentially the reporting could be made so that you can view in depth or it shown easily and very simply for example when showing the wider business teams without having to put in Layman's terms myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with building emails yourself using blocks, especially if you are using an agency.

We are trying to grow our database as one of the leading forms of sales growth. The ability to segment while doing this means that we still put eDM's in front of customers that it is relevant to.

Bronto review by User

"Very satisfied with Bronto and the tools it provides for seamless integration with our online store"

What do you like best?

The workflows and automated EDM options provided make it extremely easy to produce comprehensive campaigns that allow us to ensure we're capturing as many sales as possible, and providing shoppers with a responsive and customised experience. The analytics are also very clean and thorough.

What do you dislike?

The email builder could be improved on. Whilst the structure is sufficient for basic emails, there could be far more options to allow for greater customisation when creating specific, more complicated EDMs. The current block segments feel quite clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Bronto as an email marketing software for businesses looking for clean, simple marketing solutions across their EDM campaigns.

Bronto has allowed our business to really customise our EDM campaigns to cater to the wide range of customer behaviours that we come across in our business, and the feedback and results we're able to analyse through Bronto's comprehensive analytics means we're able to create the most dynamic and effective marketing possible for our brand.

Bronto review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Bronto AB testing is useless"

What do you like best?

User interface is friendly... easy to navigate. Live chat is also useful

What do you dislike?

AB testing is useless. I've done multiple AA tests to verify confidence, and in half my tests there was a winner with +95% CI measuring RECEIPT... in other words... the recipient's email client rejected a statistically significant number of email A, when it was exactly identical (content, subject, send time, etc) as the email that was approved by the email client. My send list was 120,000... no excuse for so many tests to have this result. No confidence in an actual AB test testing subject lines if a statistically significant number of emails aren't even getting past the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If AB testing is important to you, find a company that considers confidence interval when declaring a test winner, and one that can segment a list randomly. Otherwise, you pay a lot for the few parts that work well.

We need to email somehow. Other companies might be better options based on what we're actually getting.

"Bronto for Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Bronto's format and how easy it is to see how my marketing emails are doing in real time. I also enjoy the overall user format and find that it makes it easy to learn new aspects of email marketing that I wasn't knowledgeable about when first starting. I also enjoy the analytic aspects of Bronto that allow me to compare different email marketing strategies and quickly view their performance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the features involved with viewing my recent emails for a certain brand based on naming conventions and how you need to click back and forth to change simple things like the names of an email or the see a preview.

I am solving business problems that come along with having a big customer base and not having the budget to always target customers the same way. Bronto allows me to break my customers into segments that are more profitable.

Bronto review by Greg N. B.
Greg N. B.

"Great functionality, flexible "

What do you like best?

Overall, Bronto has proven capable and reliable in the years we've been using them, with high deliverability ratings, and a robust set of workflow/trigger features which has allowed us to use a nuanced approach to acquisition, retention, and reactivation.

What do you dislike?

Since the purchase by Oracle, it seems as though more layers have been added to get approval or make progress on projects. To an extent, I understand given the corporate structure, but there are efficiency improvements they could make to improve customer service - it's not bad overall, but room for improvement.

We utilize Bronto for welcome series, transactional emails, trigger/drip campaigns to increase CLV and onboard new subscribers with a push to conversion, as well as our traditional batch marketing sends.

Bronto review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Bronto is your professional reliable ESP"

What do you like best?

Having worked with several 3rd party digital marketing tech providers, I know how valuable it is to have a business partner who is responsive, reliable and willing to work with our business to get the best results possible. They are competitive in pricing and services provided. They make my job easy.

What do you dislike?

There was significant pressure to sign a 2 year vs 1 year contract, however this was not unlike their competitors and given our happy working relationship it wasn't all that much of a worry in the end.

Bronto makes it easy to create workflows that allow us to automate our email sends to best meet the needs of our business and intelligently target potential customers.

"It Just Works"

What do you like best?

In my years with Bronto there has not been a single moment where I felt a function or feature was unavailable to me. Maintenance and upgrades are behind the scenes, and downtime is practically non-existent. With previous ESPs it always seemed like luck when things worked as designed, but with Bronto everything is as advertised or better.

What do you dislike?

With such high reliability comes, in my opinion, a lack of innovation. The platform has not significantly evolved in the 6+ years I've been exposed to it, missing some key components of my direct-marketing program (that can be easily bolted on with other providers).

Bronto let's me reach a significant amount of my customers and prospects in one click of a button, at no incremental ad cost.

Bronto review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"A Powerful Email Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Bronto allows the user to copy and duplicate multiple emails. This has come in handy numerous times when I've had to code out small differences between a dozen or more emails.

What do you dislike?

The search feature could use some work. I'm not sure if it works as intended or if it is just slightly inaccurate. Sometimes my searches for a date range will not come up in the results unless I also search for the title of the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as email marketing and analytics, Bronto does what you need it to do and a little bit more.

We frequently use the analytics within Bronto to test how well certain emails and email layouts do as compared to other ones. As an example, over 8 weeks we tested two different designs of the same email and sent email A to one half of our customers and email B to the other half. It turned out that email B not only had consistently higher click rates, but they were also purchasing directly from it. Statistics like these become invaluable.

Bronto review by Vernette R.
Vernette R.

"Dynamic email platform"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Bronto is its functionality and reliability. It is a robust platform that offers functions that are over and beyond what we use.

What do you dislike?

What I like least about Bronto is its user friendliness. It took me a long time before I was comfortable sending emails without using my written instructions.

We use Bronto to send email blasts to our constituents. Some benefits we enjoy about Bronto is its ability to to track open rate and automatic culling of opt out emails.

Bronto review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Wonderful support team, documentation and account managers"

What do you like best?

Terrific 24 livechat, support documentation and personal account support -- very responsive and educated. The product is easy to use, intuitively setup.

What do you dislike?

eCommerce platform only. It's limiting for us. We need a tool that can manage a contact record with associated 'opportunities' or 'deals'. Right now we keep overriding needed fields. Unable to send dynamic email content overtime because import information keeps getting overridden by the last updated 'opportunity' associated to the contact

Unable to send timely emails because we use the FTP not API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great, easy-to-use tool. It's best for eCommerce. Doesn't support concepts like contact + multiple leads or opportunities.

We use it for marketing emails. We are able to send emails and manage contacts. Because it's built for eCommerce, it's not the best, most robust platform for our line of business. We can only use it in a limited capacity.

Bronto review by Simon H.
Simon H.

"Really solid digital marketing platform"

What do you like best?

Straightforward segmentation and automation rules. The whole interface is incredibly user friendly so it doesn't take long to get going. Can be used with zero coding experience, but also allows more advanced exploration. The help and support system in particular is excellent: I've never had to escalate an issue and even low priority issues get a response from a real person within two hours, even though we are based on a different continent.

What do you dislike?

The SMS functionality is a little undercooked. The dynamic code works very well indeed for people with no coding experience at all, but can be awkward when creating large nested-if statements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it is integrated into your systems. Ideal if your primary digital communications are via email.

Sending speedy and accurate personalised emails which drive conversion with very limited resources

Bronto review by Calum C.
Calum C.

"A very competent ESP with some good features"

What do you like best?

Email drag and drop builder, automation is pretty competent. Plug-ins are very good, though would prefer if some were included in price i.e. Abandoned cart. This is an easy to use tool which can be very comfortably self-taught, though for advance users, training would be of benefit.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit all over the place, Segmentation is competent but does require help/explaining for more complex tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for professional services. This is an easy to use tool which can be very comfortably self-taught, though for advance users, training would benefit.

Cost effective revenue, customer communications, brand-awareness

Bronto review by Lynsey  S.
Lynsey S.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I really like that it is a visual designer, but that I can also customize code if I need.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the organization of the uploaded images. I can't keep or customize the settings that I use most often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like the ease of use and that I am able to create custom code. This is really helpful overall. I've also been able to use the dynamic feature which has increased our customer experiences. The dynamic aspects are easy to use and set up as well.

I am able to generate a lot of revenue and add a lot to the user experience.

Bronto review by User

"Emails for straight to the point content and minimum room for creativity "

What do you like best?

The ability to drag and drop templates and modules. We can track open rates and everything clearly. Can preview for mobile and desktop. Can hide things for mobile or desktop

What do you dislike?

Very limited storage for assets. Everything revolves around module boxes with no simple graphic elements to help in design like lines o small boxes. When we need to create a simple grey line, we will have to create a grey box with width of 2px and then it was impossible to grab that line and move it elsewhere, or just edit it. Inability to incorporate jquery code. It is hard to create a seamless design with Bronto because everything is revolved around drag and drop boxes, so when we create it, things move around, some stuffs are too tight, some are too lose.

Enhancing business relationship with customers and boost sales

Bronto review by Administrator

"Good product and very good customer service."

What do you like best?

I like the many options they have for connecting with customers. We have used the workflows for variety of email programs. We have set up a multi email Welcome program, as well as emails to obtain customer reviews that get triggered based on when the customer receives their items.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say that I have any specific dislikes. I do think that some of the add on products a little expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Bronto. I have used several services in the past and I think for the price Bronto is the best.

Our Welcome program was a big problem. Previously we had no way of determining if someone had taken advantage of our special offer and therefore shouldn't be sent follow up emails. We have been able to track significant sales from those emails.

Bronto review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"14 months with bronto"

What do you like best?

The ability to house the product table in the platform was great. It let me see top performing products, percentage price changes, number of units sold, and revenue all in one section and would get updated daily with new sales

What do you dislike?

Very inflexible to bring in data. Had to come up with bandaid solutions to store date fields since several product fields were fixed and couldn’t be changed.

One of my favorite features is the recommendations standard. I enter criteria that I want to have campaigns set up, and then it spits out a list of products that match that criteria that I can easily add to an email. For example, I can say create a list of products priced under $50 and have sold more than 1000 units and I could serve up the products that match this critieria into an email.

Bronto review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy creating content tags that I can easily drag into emails when I need them. This is helpful because we use a lot of the same content in various emails. It's a time-saver.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to compare and contrast all the winning subject lines among emails.

We are working on our ability to create mass amounts of coupon codes so that we can utilize the coupon manager application. We realize that this application benefits us by limiting coupon code abuse and creating a sense of urgency with the code countdown timer.

Bronto review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"We've used Bronto and it was a game changer for our email marketing efforts."

What do you like best?

The ease to create automated emails, including abandoned cart and browse recovery emails, which are specifically tailored to the customer's behavior.

What do you dislike?

Given the company''s ownership by NetSuite, I'm surprised that Bronto and NetSuite aren't more tightly integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The features offered by Bronto as compared to the "mass market" email solutions justify the incremental cost. The power of the automated emails, and the resources made available to customers, are immense.

Bronto allows us to communicate one-to-one with our customers. Obviously it also allows us to send marketing messages to our customers. By using such a powerful tool, we've been able to increase revenues and win back lost opportunities.

Bronto review by Donnell L.
Donnell L.

"Helping You Grow At Your Pace"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, support, strategy, & the platform capabilities (segmentation, drag & drop, customization of dashboard

What do you dislike?

Interface, reporting shortcomings (though moving in a great direction) - there are a couple of overview reports could include more information, but the information is there in a separate report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bronto is a less complicated but still highly capable ESP that relies on its ease of use, customized reporting, strategy and support to help you continue to grow your brand and connect with your audience. Abandoned Cart, Browse, Product Predictor and other industry initiatives are able to fully flourish at your fingertips with Bronto there to help either creatively and functionally, or as a great support team.

Revenue of course! All of these things come together perfectly to see where your strengths & weakness are.

Bronto review by James L.
James L.

"Enterprise level features & performance"

What do you like best?

Bronto is highly customisable and has a lot of features primed for established high growth e-commerce businesses

What do you dislike?

A little more rigid & slow moving vs other platforms available. Pricing is definitely above industry average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely look at the market and make sure that Bronto offers something unique for your business VS other products.

Post-purchase workflows for a business with hundreds of products, mailing list sign ups integrating with website footer

Bronto review by Brita V.
Brita V.

"Easy to use, great customer service"

What do you like best?

The platform is straightforward to use and handles the volume of email marketing campaigns the company produces with ease. I also really appreciate the support chat and our account manager for helping us whenever we have questions or problems.

What do you dislike?

While the updated dashboard for reporting looks nice, I prefer the previous reporting system for gathering and analyzing message data.

Bronto has helped us narrow down and execute on our email marketing strategy, while offering us insights to various tactics that have proven effective for reaching our engagement and email revenue goals.

"Complete Solution"

What do you like best?

The User interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. The best part is the robust help documentation. If there is a solution you need you will likely find it there.

What do you dislike?

The editor is not the most robust. If you are building your own email it seems to work better than the email templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bronto is a great enterprise solution. They have best in class help docs and the User Interface is intuitive and easy to use.

We are utilizing the Bronto platform to connect with our users in a timely and defined manner. We are able to have precise messaging based on the customer life cycle.

Bronto review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Great company for high volume email campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the software platform, the flexibility and diversity of the different kinds of emails that I can send, the ability to segment and report back on those segments, and the customer support.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is nothing that I dislike about withe the Bronto platform or the interactions with the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

We needed an ESP that could handle high volume email campaigns, on a daily basis, with minimum downtime, and a short learning curve. Bronto has met, or exceeded, each of these requirements.

Bronto review by Jodie O.
Jodie O.

"Pleased With App, Questionable Strategy"

What do you like best?

The Bronto app has been a simple tool to use for email marketing. The ease of use and well organized user interface makes the daunting task of email planning and organizing much easier. We've found Bronto customer lists especially helpful with integrating our email lists into Facebook and other advertising platforms. If you have a solid strategy for your email marketing plan and just need a platform to execute, Bronto is a good choice!

What do you dislike?

The negative experience my employer and I have received in the past year or so from a strategist with the company. Prior to, our strategists have always been informative and helpful. Seems there may be a slight disconnect within associates in the last year or so with how to approach clients differently based on their customer base, and the associate's experience within the field of email marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bronto should be considered when you have a clear understanding of your customer base and are on the right track with your business's marketing goals as a whole. Bronto has a ton of great features outside of email marketing that can grow your business.

We are using Bronto to automate email marketing. We've benefited from being able to have all types of email campaigns created, organized and delivered from one platform. The added bonus of being able to track the progress of each campaign separately, monthly, yearly or grouped however we see fit is a plus to simple using Google Analytics metrics.

Bronto review by Wilson L.
Wilson L.

"It's a nice eco system for E-Commerce email marketing"

What do you like best?

It's a nice eco system for E-Commerce email marketing and it adds automation into our operations which is really nice for our company to grow customers on.

What do you dislike?

The email composing system is so limited (WYSIWYG) that sometimes I have to hack my way to fully utilize the Bronto's automation "workflows" and "webforms"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a support team from Bronto to help/guide along setting up the whole system, they can and will help you.

Survey taking, customer re-engagement, abandon cart recovery. Adding revenue to our department.

Bronto review by Shayma H.
Shayma H.

"I use Bronto on a daily basis for my job. "

What do you like best?

I really appreciate its technical flexibility in terms of being able to create custom tags, html, etc in the platform.

What do you dislike?

I have a really hard time with how user friendly the platform is. It does feel like unless you're a developer, it's difficult to perform even intuitive workflows.

At this time in our business, we really want to roll out many tests to measure the effectiveness of our emails with revenue and engagement. The benefits are that we have a lot of options with our tests.

Bronto review by Kristy G.
Kristy G.

"Email Marketing Bronto Experience for BigName Commerce - Envelopes.com and Folders.com"

What do you like best?

The segmentation and automated workflow options have made a huge difference in our marketing campaigns and message to message metrics results.

What do you dislike?

Lack of needed reporting details in the New Reporting Tool. I need more options and flexibility in reporting to be capable of keeping track of all the things that I used to with the Legacy Reporting tools.

Using segmentation and lists to send to and exclude from a more appropriate amount of email to the right groups and thereafter, raising click and open rates.

Bronto review by Johnathan K.
Johnathan K.

"All the Bells and Whistles needed for Great Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Easy to use admin pages. Easy to 'do it yourself' then, which we really like hands on control. Though, the support staff has always been Awesome in the past.

What do you dislike?

Price is high for what we use them for, but there are a fair bit of features that we don't use that they offer as part of the price.

Email marketing, triggered emails, tracking emails. Seeing all of the segmenting that we can do with our email lists is great. So many ways to test on sends and how to send them. We love analyzing how our emails perform. The testing on an email send really lets us get full value out of an email.

Bronto review by User

"Powerful but sometimes unwieldy "

What do you like best?

Bronto is enormously powerful, and relatively easy to use. Sending capabilities are second to none! Automation is reliable, segmentation is pretty solid, and we never worry about sending. The drag and drop is good, and the mobile preview very useful. The built in Persado feature has been a real help when it comes to determining subject lines. Easy to stop and reschedule deliveries.

What do you dislike?

Our account management and training has been somewhat limited, and we've had three different account managers. Segmentation can feel a bit limited sometimes. Hosting feels very dated - it's a database style, and can be very unwieldy to find the resources required, as you have to search for what you need, then remove the search term in order to see your content. It's also very hard to tell what content is still in use in the hosting bank, and it can be tricky to delete things out without knowing if you're going to delete something vital! With the limited hosting space as well it can be hard to manage. Workflows are easy to overspecialise and then can be tricky to untangle. We've struggled with integration as well, but that's more down to the web system we're using than anything on the Bronto side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acceptable

Automated emails are powerful and easy to maintain. Our revenue is consistent and provides a consistent traffic to our website.

Learn more about Bronto

Bronto Videos

Learning about Bronto?

* We monitor all Bronto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9

Discover why top brands trust Bronto to help them grow their business.